Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 12, 2019 10:58 PM

Aug 2009
So I'm sure most people have seen the viral bagel boss manlet rage video.

So the guy was obviously pissed off, probly a bit too much about his dating life and how people treat him. I kind of feel like these ppl were provoking him. I think he kind of deserved it at the end where he just got up in a dudes face like that... like are you dumb? You expect nothing to happen after all that bs?

Anyway the issues here is heightism? Is it a thing? Personally as a 5'7 guy, yeah... it kind of sucks being shorter than the average dude. Dudes sometimes don't take you seriously or they belittle you. Women are obviously superficial as fuck and most won't even consider you as a romantic interest. It's all around a shitty package, no real benefits tbh.

I remember this special back in the day, don't think much has changed, infact probly gotten worse.

Honestly the real world stuff about like work and career probly sucks the most though, cause I just see it so often. I think I've mitigated a lot of the worse of it though, because I'm also jacked. I remember this one girl I dated would always fucking cheese me about what I was compensating for with my muscles... I threw her into a garbage can once it was hilarious.

This video also does a good job just pointing out the hypocrisy, especially when you compare it weight that can actually change...

Anyway people are superficial out here and they act like shit doesn't matter when it does. it is what it is and most people opinions are not gonna change at the end of the day. Shoutout to ma nigga Peter Dinklage... they did you dirty on that last season.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 12, 2019 11:11 PM

Jan 2009
napoleon complex is a thing so height matters

girls be like

Jul 12, 2019 11:17 PM
Feb 2014
/fit/ has gone too far with this shit. Nowadays even 6ft guys are afraid of being laughed at.
Jul 12, 2019 11:20 PM

Jul 2019
Women like to demand that men are over 6ft tall all time time even when they are dwarfs by comparison.
Jul 12, 2019 11:23 PM

Jan 2009
btw
>So I'm sure most people have seen the viral bagel boss manlet rage video.
>3,508 views

so im not sure about that or is there an original video with more views?

Jul 13, 2019 12:23 AM

Oct 2014
Girls are definitely more particular about it than guys, but I don't think it's worth worrying over. I'm on the short side. 5'7 as well. Never really thought about it much though I've never been with a girl taller than me. I guess it would be kinda awkward, but I'd say confidence goes a long way more than guys realize. Raging like that manbaby and being so insecure about it is what truly makes one unattractive and reasoned for being shrugged off. Eh, that dude has bigger problems than being short.
Jul 13, 2019 3:20 AM

Jun 2019
I would say it's not too important but even then I know some guys who were approached by women just because of their height and the common trope that big guys have big dicks, so maybe I'm contradicting myself.

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Jul 13, 2019 3:23 AM

Apr 2013
The only hypocrisy there is is the whole campaign of guilt-tripping men simply for having normal sexual preferences like women that aren't overweight or obese and the like, while they're not giving up on their own normal sexual preferences.

If you leave aside that stupid campaign that is only done by a minority of women,both men and women simply have sexual preferences and some are more common than others.
Women are more attracted towards men who are taller than them, among other things. Just like men are usually attracted by some women characteristics as well.
Both side do it a lot and it's NATURAL.
You can't change what attracts you and what doesn't easily. Although I'll point out that it's not rare that a person ends up in a long relationship with someone who doesn't fit his/her criteria on many points, so the matter of physical attraction is in no way an absolute criteria to find a long lasting partner in your life. After all, as long as we're talking about a relationship that last a long time, personality starts to matter a lot.

You can't avoid some idiots protesting about natural things and giving stupid name and stupid reason like patriarchy or objectifying women and the like.
Idiots will always be idiots. Anyone twisting his view of the whole situation simply because of some idiots out there, is no better than the idiots that twisted his views.
ZefyrisJul 13, 2019 3:26 AM
Jul 13, 2019 4:01 AM

Nov 2013
i remember testing height a little bit by putting my height on my tinder profile. i'm just over 6ft so was curious if it had any impact with matches. i started getting a lot more matches. however, i started matching with a lot of people it turns out i had no compatability with, so i removed it. it appears to be really important to some people for whatever reason :x
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 13, 2019 4:07 AM
Jul 2018
I don't think women care about height too much, it's the small man syndrome they don't like where they guy is always angry about this and everything else.

Angry people aren't attractive which is why no one likes femnazis.

Jul 13, 2019 4:19 AM
Dec 2010
In the end, you can't change your height anyway. Whether it's important to people or not still doesn't change a thing.
Jul 13, 2019 4:31 AM
May 2019
Height meters to some people and not to others.
I think that some people see 6ft as a status symbol of some sort and a bragging right. Some girls like when their BF is taller then them + hills, just like some men prefer when their GF is shorter then they are.

At the end of the day when it comes to finding a partner people have a right to have what ever standards they want and if those standards are too high they will only hurt them selves at least that's how I see it anyway.
Jul 13, 2019 4:35 AM

Jan 2009
that american in the video should just go for asians like here in the philippines, i see plenty of retired american soldiers where i live and they start a family here with filipinas (usually those they found on brothels) but im not sure what happen to their original family back in USA though
Jul 13, 2019 4:37 AM

Feb 2016
personally to me height does matter
Being 5'7
I've only dated giraffes of women though
(probably to compensate for my short height)
5'11
5'10
it feels nice when they give you piggy back rides

also
feelsbadman
i'd hate to go through what that guy went through to throw that fit
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 13, 2019 4:54 AM

Jan 2018
Hmm never ever had this conflict that got me thinking or complaining. If you train, you can run over a 6 feet tall but yeah don't quote me.
Jul 13, 2019 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
I am just happy I happen to be 6ft. But in Australia most people are Giants so I am actually the complete average.
Jul 13, 2019 5:33 AM

Mar 2019
QPR said:
I don't think women care about height too much, it's the small man syndrome they don't like where they guy is always angry about this and everything else.
It's pretty fucking simple honestly; almost every time one sees something like this about "the opposite sex" caring about something it's almost always posted by one of the biggest gender conformers with a fragile gender identity known to man.

Why is that? Because said genderfag obviously searchers for a gender-conforming mate himself who — by virtue of being similarly a genderfag — cares about this shit.

I find it beautifully poetic to see the genderfag hoisted by his own petard. Almost every time a man cries sexism and being so unreasonably treated on his sex or whatever said man is a huge genderfag that seeks to associate with other genderfags and surprise genderfags treat others on their gender.

These issues do not affect me because I'm not a genderfag and I've no vested interest in my associates being as gender conforming as possible so they're not genderfags either and don't treat me based on it — problem solved.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jul 13, 2019 5:41 AM

Aug 2014
. bruh the dude in the video is 5feet like bruh think how it feels to be that small as a dude,especially living in a place where the average is close to 5'9
all the dudes here the shortest r like 5.7 u can just wear some shoe lifts, but that dude? even shoe lifts wouldn't help

height is definitely important otherwise people wouldn't be objectifying it so much. its not a myth or legend kinda deal,its shit u see everywhere
being slightly shorter than the average? yeah pretty letdown but ur life is not over. but being completely 1feet under the average? oh shit ..
these height important threads r high tier bait lol
and the people who still complains at 6ft bruh now that's just sad. if u want the girls to fall over u just wear shoelifts. if she leaves u for actually being 2 3 inchs shorter cuz of a shoelift.she no worth it fam.but if ur just looking to get laid it works

and for the girls ? bruh it doesn't matter how short u r . it never was.. sure if u personally like/prefer to be tall u can moan a few times about it. but turning it into a obsession to cry about now that's going to far. ur a girl a girl is supposed to be a few inchs shorter than a guy that's how it has always been, not much u can do about it, ur ain't gonna be bullied for being a short girl lol a guy on the other hand gonna face much social awkwardness, oh and the off chance u do get bullied for being a short girl cuz it happens! no shit then man screw those guys/chicks who did that to u they r such assholes

''women don't rly care about height'' depends how many women u talking about
lets hear this from a dude who's actually short. otherwise it holds no validity
cuz there's a difference in accepting ur height and living with it
cuz society ain't gonna accept dat easy

TheDiabolicEsperJul 13, 2019 6:17 AM

Jul 13, 2019 10:47 AM
Feb 2017
I don't really care if my height is detrimental to how I appeal to others or not. Just like how I have my own preferences, so can other people.
Jul 13, 2019 10:52 AM

May 2013
Ohhh fuck he got taken out hahah. Actually I feel like whoever hit him at the end is just as much a jerk.

Well yeah I'm 6 feet and like the same weight i've been since I was idk 16 or 17. Height is just another faculty... I surely don't look down upon short people.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jul 13, 2019 10:52 AM

Sep 2018
The height and dating vid reveals the truth on this issue. It seems to be very important to most females. Males usually do not care about height nearly as much.
Jul 13, 2019 11:19 AM

Feb 2008
I think as long as you at least hit the 180cm threshold then anything above that hardly matters unless you're a basketball player or something. But below 180cm (in the west) is when you can run into issues with dating and what not. These days a lot of white women are giants... 175cm or higher isn't too rare.

I'm 183 while my girlfriend is only 160. Being a full head taller and being able to rest my chin on her etc. is a feeling I'd never want to give up.
VeroninJul 13, 2019 11:26 AM
Jul 13, 2019 12:14 PM

Jun 2014
Veronin said:
I think as long as you at least hit the 180cm threshold then anything above that hardly matters unless you're a basketball player or something. But below 180cm (in the west) is when you can run into issues with dating and what not. These days a lot of white women are giants... 175cm or higher isn't too rare.

I'm 183 while my girlfriend is only 160. Being a full head taller and being able to rest my chin on her etc. is a feeling I'd never want to give up.

Lol, we're Canadian. We don't use metric for height.

Personally, I probably shouldn't knock some people(specifically women) on what height that they like men to be. The only problem I have, is that people these days look at men like they're Hitler if they have standards, but women can have any standard they want.

I'm glad that I prefer penis these days.

Jul 13, 2019 12:33 PM

May 2014
I had crushes on guys who were shorter than me. I admit, i would prefer someone who's a little taller than me though. It'd just make me feel more girly i suppose, but i don't care that much. I'd be more worried that the guy would be embarrassed going out with a girl who's taller than him. I'm 5'8. or a bit over 172cm.
Jul 13, 2019 1:40 PM

Oct 2010
I don't care if a guy is 6ft or not, my husband is 5"8. I'm actually more comfortable being near someone closer to my own height (so a 5"6-5"8 range is ideal).
Jul 13, 2019 1:44 PM

Oct 2015
The concept of sexual preferences seem to be lost on many people. It's not something you have control over, you don't get to choose the features you find attractive/unattractive. It's only natural that people won't want to date whom they don't find attractive. I get a lot of flak for not finding black people (in general) attractive where it's quite literally beyond my power to change it.

As for the belittling and making fun of though, yes that's inexcusable.
Jul 13, 2019 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
When it comes to attraction most of it is genes. Facial features, symmetry, and distribution of fat are all things people are born with and you'll find those things to be more important than weight for men. Health, when it comes to looks are the only things people can control, but that doesn't guarantee you'll be attractive.
Jul 13, 2019 3:25 PM

Jan 2009
Peaceful_Critic said:
When it comes to attraction most of it is genes. Facial features, symmetry, and distribution of fat are all things people are born with and you'll find those things to be more important than weight for men. Health, when it comes to looks are the only things people can control, but that doesn't guarantee you'll be attractive.

future generation around years 2030+ will be lucky since gene/genome editing may start hitting the mainstream market
Jul 13, 2019 3:30 PM
Jul 2018
deg said:
Peaceful_Critic said:

future generation around years 2030+ will be lucky since gene/genome editing may start hitting the mainstream market
Wouldn't that only work before birth? I never heard of gene editing, how would it work?
Jul 13, 2019 3:40 PM

Jan 2009
Peaceful_Critic said:
deg said:

Wouldn't that only work before birth? I never heard of gene editing, how would it work?

it can work for both at birth (designer babies) and in full human form, while its in human form already simple stuff like hair color, eye color, skin color, etc and of course fat tendency, and overall health improvement can be done but ye genome editing is more better in the designer babies stage (where bones structure can be change so height matters can be changed around this time)
Jul 13, 2019 3:50 PM

Feb 2008
Seiya said:

We don't, but we should. Outside of North American nobody has any idea what inches are.
Jul 13, 2019 3:58 PM

Jan 2009
Veronin said:
Seiya said:

We don't, but we should. Outside of North American nobody has any idea what inches are.

the philippines is a sheeple of USA so we use both imperial and metric system here that makes a lot of people here including me confuse or do not know by mental math wtf is going on lol

Jun 2014
Veronin said:
Seiya said:

Saying that you have a "25.4cm penis" somehow doesn't have the same cool sound as saying that you have a "10-inch penis" though. :P

@deg: That sounds similar to Canada. The metrication process started back in the 1970s, but it's been very slow. We measure temperature outdoors in Celsius, but when we're cooking food, the temperature is measured in Fahrenheit.

Jul 2018
deg said:
Peaceful_Critic said:

it can work for both at birth (designer babies) and in full human form, while its in human form already simple stuff like hair color, eye color, skin color, etc and of course fat tendency, and overall health improvement can be done but ye genome editing is more better in the designer babies stage (where bones structure can be change so height matters can be changed around this time)
That'll be cool, though probably expensive. In 2030+, I'll ask for purple/green eyes or red hair if I am able to afford it.
Jul 13, 2019 4:03 PM

Jun 2016
Incredibly important. I'm a height supremacist. It's hard to take short people seriously.
The football field isn't the only place where you could use a good line.
Jul 13, 2019 4:05 PM

Jan 2009
one advantange of short people i remember at the moment is they get less cancer

@Seiya

ye i almsot forgot about the temperature readings until you mentioned it

@Peaceful_Critic

why different colors though? its better to have both red color of eyes and hair and a lot of anime girl characters that have that are popular because of their perceive hotness
degJul 13, 2019 4:09 PM
Jul 13, 2019 4:13 PM

Apr 2016
Girls prefer tall guys and that's an obvious truth. Girls who say otherwise are either lying, or want to be "different" It's just how it is. Obviously some girls don't mind dating a shorter guy, but when it comes to choosing one, pretty sure 99% of girls like taller guys.

Also one thing I don't understand is why girls who are barely 5 foot or even 4'11, want a guy who's 6 foot tall. That's like dating a skyscraper.

Sorry guys, you're gonna have to be funny and make up for it in other ways if you're short. If a girl refuses to date you because you're short then you're better off without her anyway.
Jul 13, 2019 4:17 PM
Jul 2018
@deg

I was never a fan of characters whose crazy eye colors matched their hair aesthetic wise. If I get red hair, it'll bring out the green eyes. Blonde hair and purple eyes would also look pretty.
Jul 13, 2019 4:20 PM

Jan 2009
@Peaceful_Critic

nevermind i just checked Rias and Yoko pages just now and lol i stand corrected my memory is acting bad again on that one
Jul 13, 2019 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
Is the word "heightism" really a thing now?
Grandma mode on: When I was young, we used the word superficial to describe such people.
Jul 13, 2019 7:22 PM

Feb 2019
6'0". The only difference I've noticed is there's a pecking order that stagnates after about 6'4". After that, the privileges of height apply inversely. It boils down to people shorter than you having trouble exercising authority against you, as well as seeing taller people as figures that inspire credibility and good judgment.
Jul 13, 2019 8:01 PM

Oct 2014
Male height discrimination is definitely a real thing. Anyone who uses social media/and or apps like tinder, bumble, etc. will have experienced it plenty. Even as someone who is 6ft, I've had plenty of comments about my height being the "bare minimum". Obviously not every girl thinks this. Hell, maybe not even half. But a significant amount do and it's pretty damaging to the male psyche when society tells us we're all supposed to be big, strong men who can protect their woman, do all the handyman jobs, and not be afraid of anything. Obviously everyone has a right to their preference in who they're attracted to, but some people could really learn how not to be vicious about it.

Also, to the people commenting on the video's views - this is obviously one of many mirrors of the video. To my knowledge it's originally from Twitter, where it did indeed go quiet viral as I saw it several times a few days ago.
Jul 13, 2019 10:58 PM
Jul 2018
honestly i think height doesnt really matter that much

mind you, i dont mess around with tinder or anything like that but as far as i can tell the only thing my height causes IRL is banter comments about reaching stuff on shelves or people saying "wow, you're tall", i cant tell if people consider it an attractive thing or not and i dont really care

on jah that video would have been 10x better if manlet started throwing punches, still gold though
Jul 13, 2019 11:51 PM

Aug 2014
Gaze upon this prime specimen of manliness, if you will.

There he is...Vegeta...the very embodiment of confidence...and he's 5'5"—the maximum height for a man to be considered short.

In a medical context, short stature is typically defined as an adult height that is more than two standard deviations below the mean for age and gender, which corresponds to the shortest 2.3% of individuals. In developed countries, this typically includes adult men who are shorter than 166 centimetres (5 ft 5 in) tall and adult women who are shorter than 153 centimetres (5 ft 0 in) tall. By comparison, the median or typical adult height in these populations (as the widely abundant statistics from these countries clearly state) is about 177 centimetres (5 ft 10 in) for men and 164 centimetres (5 ft 5 in) for women.

5'7" is not short...not even close...so don't let stereotypes get to you.

Anyway, any woman who demands a man be over six feet tall (or whatever) is fucking brainless and not worth your time. Be thankful there's such an easy disqualifier so you can move on and focus on someone with an ounce of intelligence.
Jul 14, 2019 1:18 AM
Jul 2018
Nithirel said:
Male height discrimination is definitely a real thing. Anyone who uses social media/and or apps like tinder, bumble, etc. will have experienced it plenty. Even as someone who is 6ft, I've had plenty of comments about my height being the "bare minimum". Obviously not every girl thinks this. Hell, maybe not even half. But a significant amount do and it's pretty damaging to the male psyche when society tells us we're all supposed to be big, strong men who can protect their woman, do all the handyman jobs, and not be afraid of anything. Obviously everyone has a right to their preference in who they're attracted to, but some people could really learn how not to be vicious about it.

Also, to the people commenting on the video's views - this is obviously one of many mirrors of the video. To my knowledge it's originally from Twitter, where it did indeed go quiet viral as I saw it several times a few days ago.

I think some preferences are learned and copy-pasted from what people heard their whole life. Would these girl say "no guys below 6 ft!!1", if their environment hadn't repeat it all the time? When their older relatives like moms or aunts and then their peers tell them: "That woman has a husband, who's smaller than her, that's looking weird."
You only know which preferences are learned, if you take a little time to reflect them on yourself.

I also don't believe either that so many people "just aren't attracted to everyone, who isn't white." I said about some japanese singers that these guys look good. Not more, not less.
At first these girls girls said "that's weird" and then they started the stereotypes. "Haha, you like slit eyed people!" (making "asian eyes" with their fingers) to "they are not manly, they look like fags." Doesn't sound like a "preference" anymore to me.
removed-userJul 14, 2019 1:22 AM
Jul 14, 2019 4:59 AM

May 2008
If you're a male is quite an important factor and generally girls tend to prefer taller guys subconsciously. For women its not that important tough being short or tall; noticed shorter girls tend to prefer taller guys lol. Being 183cms guess i'm just the right height not freakishly tall which i also dont see it as a great thing but also not short so never had any complaints their
Jul 14, 2019 8:29 AM

Oct 2014
Maneki-Mew said:
Nithirel said:

I think some preferences are learned and copy-pasted from what people heard their whole life. Would these girl say "no guys below 6 ft!!1", if their environment hadn't repeat it all the time? When their older relatives like moms or aunts and then their peers tell them: "That woman has a husband, who's smaller than her, that's looking weird."
You only know which preferences are learned, if you take a little time to reflect them on yourself.

I also don't believe either that so many people "just aren't attracted to everyone, who isn't white." I said about some japanese singers that these guys look good. Not more, not less.
At first these girls girls said "that's weird" and then they started the stereotypes. "Haha, you like slit eyed people!" (making "asian eyes" with their fingers) to "they are not manly, they look like fags." Doesn't sound like a "preference" anymore to me.

People, regardless of gender, are definitely products of their environment. There's no doubt about that. However, I don't believe the human being is that simple of a creature that we're unable to have thoughts and ideas separate from the herd. There are some who succumb to it, definitely, but I think there are a good amount of people who arrive at these destinations (in regards to this topic, vicious ones) themselves.

As a hetero male in a pretty diverse (race wise) city, I'd say there most common "preference" statement I've heard from my peers is their "preference" not being attracted to dark-skinned black women. As I said in my original post, everyone has a right to their preference, but again, there's no need to be vicious about it. There's no need to announce to the world about your lack of attraction to dark-skinned black women, how you only like x, y, and not z.

I just think a lot of people don't realize that it's about how you say things is what causes a lot of issues, and not in the subject itself.
Jul 14, 2019 9:55 AM

Dec 2013
My bf is almost the same height as I am, so at least in my personal experience that hasn't been a problem. Unsurprisingly, it's the personality that matters, not height.
Jul 14, 2019 10:00 AM

Mar 2015
Yes it is very important.

Going onto an amusement park ride when you don't meet the height requirements can be very dangerous.
Jul 14, 2019 10:27 AM
May 2019
I’m barely 5 ft so it’s very hard for a guy to be shorter than me.

I didn’t really pay that much attention to height until I realize how important it is to guys, like it’s intrinsic to their masculinity. I remember when I first started dating guys would mention their height right off the bat and would look either extremely accomplished or slightly disappointed. Tbh I never really noticed their height until they mentioned it. Did you know fat tall guys don’t appear that tall? I guess when you grow horizontally it takes away from the height LOL. Yes I’ve dated a fat guy, he was also the same guy who told me his height out of nowhere. Insecurity?

Next question: how important is weight?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Why aren't Americans rioting over the fact that McDonalds is now a Luxury Item?

vasipi4946 - 8 minutes ago

1 by PostMahouShoujo »»
3 minutes ago

» can you tolerate spicy food? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 31

69 by PostMahouShoujo »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Anyone ever commission anime art?

ACasualViewer - May 27

20 by xMizu_ »»
9 minutes ago

» If you can own any type of business ,what type of successful business would you like to own?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 7

31 by GumGumBalls »»
27 minutes ago

» Given mRNA changed their DNA, is it legal to kill Vaxxers?

vasipi4946 - 3 hours ago

10 by Kwanthemaster »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.