Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 17, 2018 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh my, trouble in the forest with an orc army and Orc Lord. No wonder that Dryad girl needs help.

Got some amusing moments this episode despite the mood. Those lizardmen are also more sophisticated than I had expected. Some of them are actually even more powerful than they appear.

That cliffhanger D:
Stark700Dec 17, 2018 8:41 AM
Dec 17, 2018 9:03 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

The Dryad with the personal request for Rimuru to take down the Orc Lord, we got to know some interesting stuff about the abilities of the Orc Lord.

I laughed so much when Rimuru was talking about Ikemen Souei and how reliable he was. XDD
The meeting between Souei and the chieftain was so awesome, Souei is just too cool. xD

Gabiru's stupidity finally got to his head and he launched a coup against his father and while he does have some skill he has no experience. I'm expecting things to end real badly for him next episode or at least until Rimuru and co arrive.
Dec 17, 2018 9:10 AM

Jan 2008
About the only thing I'm sad they didn't touch on was Rimuru figured that Gabiru was going to perform a coup, and had Souei relay the message for the chieftain to watch his back. That didn't happen. It wouldn't have changed anything because the chief would never have suspected his own son, but still.

Now we're going to be getting into the thick of things.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 17, 2018 9:19 AM
Jan 2018
on crunchyroll at time stamp 7:47 theres a error instead of Orc Lord its says Demon Lord in the Subs,

and Laplace is wearing a mask just in case people where wondering and its a 24 episode season

Dec 17, 2018 9:25 AM

Aug 2018
Man, That episode was chilling to me. I was literally shaking during the parts when Gabiru had formed a coup and attacked the Orcs.

We can expect the tension to build up from here. Man, I can't wait! This anime is a Must!
Dec 17, 2018 9:27 AM

May 2015
You fucked it big time now, Gabiru...
Dec 17, 2018 9:31 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode as always. Given what happened to the ogre's homeland the Dryad's would have stood less of a chance. So the theory about the orc lord turned out to be correct then. Its funny how Treyni made herself at home that quickly though. Hmm so the skill starve essentially makes the orcs cannibals that consume everything in their path to sustain themselves. Gobuta as the true leader huh thats quite the stretch even for Gabiru. Seems Gelmud is trying to fuel Gabiru's ego and ambition.The exchange between Souei and the lizardmen chieftan sure fun. Gabiru's coup sure complicated things for Rimuru though while also putting his forces at a grave disadvantage. Looking forward to seeing how this war plays out after this move.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2018 9:32 AM

Nov 2014
I'm not a fan of this episode. Or to be exact this development. At first Gabiru looked like comic relief character, but turned out to be just a fool used by bad guys. Hopefully next week Rimuru will fix it.
Dec 17, 2018 9:38 AM
Sep 2018
It's a bit slow for me, this anime is great for sure but I'm guessing that they're maximizing the Source material so that they won't run out of it while the manga catches up with publishing based on the Light novel. if manga publication goes smoothly in its coverage of the LN then by next fall they'll have more than enough source material to make S2

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

The following arc of the Falmas/Farmas Kingdom's invasion of tempest that takes place after this battle is going to be worth looking forward to.
franzjpmDec 17, 2018 9:41 AM
Dec 17, 2018 9:44 AM
Nov 2017
Another great episode
Honestly I was wondering why that dryad girl needed help but WTF***
Lizards are crazy
Reminds me of tsukiyama shu
Dec 17, 2018 9:46 AM
Jan 2018
franzjpm said:
It's a bit slow for me, this anime is great for sure but I'm guessing that they're maximizing the Source material so that they won't run out of it while the manga catches up with publishing based on the Light novel. if manga publication goes smoothly in its coverage of the LN then by next fall they'll have more than enough source material to make S2

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

The following arc of the Falmas/Farmas Kingdom's invasion of tempest that takes place after this battle is going to be worth looking forward to.

The next arc is going to be Charybdis
Dec 17, 2018 9:50 AM

May 2017
Mattinator95 said:
franzjpm said:

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Nah man, the next arc is going to be Besties first before Charydbis lol
Dec 17, 2018 9:52 AM

Dec 2011
This episode is mostly the preparation of what is coming.
I'm so hype for the next 2 episodes :)
Dec 17, 2018 9:54 AM

Mar 2016
Gabiru, you done fucked up, my dude
Dec 17, 2018 10:02 AM

Jun 2014
Of course Gabiru would be the one to fuck everything up. He was so easy for Laplace to manipulate.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 17, 2018 10:03 AM
Jun 2015
kevin_video said:
About the only thing I'm sad they didn't touch on was Rimuru figured that Gabiru was going to perform a coup, and had Souei relay the message for the chieftain to watch his back. That didn't happen. It wouldn't have changed anything because the chief would never have suspected his own son, but still.

Now we're going to be getting into the thick of things.

Might be shown next episode I hope.
Dec 17, 2018 10:09 AM
Oct 2018
Gabiru is an idiot.i am glad not all Lizard men are like him. His father is a very wise leader.
Dec 17, 2018 10:20 AM

Apr 2018
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh my, trouble in the forest with an orc army and Orc Lord. No wonder that Dryad girl needs help.

Got some amusing moments this episode despite the mood. Those lizardmen are also more sophisticated than I had expected. Some of them are actually even more powerful than they appear.

That cliffhanger D:
Gabiru fucked up everything. This anime never gets boring. Each week I have a hard time waiting for this.
Dec 17, 2018 10:25 AM

Apr 2018
This is the arc I hate the most because of the stupidity of a certain lizardman... but I really like how well they created the lizard throne room and how good the adaption is!
Dec 17, 2018 10:32 AM
Oct 2017
The worst part of every episode...

Waiting a week for the next one.
Dec 17, 2018 10:59 AM

Oct 2018
littlem1b said:

I love how Souei kinda broke the 4th wall by saying the meeting will be in a week.
Dec 17, 2018 11:00 AM
Sep 2018
Well, what I can say is that the story only gets more enjoyable than before. That is based on what I've read in the LN.
Dec 17, 2018 11:03 AM

Sep 2014
Gabiru's so irritating damn, can't wait to be done with him.
Dec 17, 2018 11:09 AM
Nov 2017
Mattinator95 said:
franzjpm said:

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

I hope I get to see less talking
Dec 17, 2018 11:18 AM
Nov 2018
Rimuru is going to hit them all. The next episode is going to be lit, great battle.
This episode wasn't the best of the series but it sure was a good set-up for the next one that will truly advance the story and will be crucial for this orc arc. I can wait for next week episode, can i?
Dec 17, 2018 11:43 AM

Oct 2013
Holy shit this is taking forever.

This feels like One Piece, honestly.

Dec 17, 2018 11:58 AM
Oct 2018
judex__ said:
Mattinator95 said:

I hope I get to see less talking

-
yes because who cares about the characters, the plan, the strategy, the world building and that stuff am i right?
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 17, 2018 11:59 AM
Oct 2018
dadnaya said:

-
just drop it and go to see your average isekai anime, also, one piece (the anime) has filler, this has not they are adapating almost every single detail.
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 17, 2018 12:13 PM
Jan 2018
Dryad mentions at the table that Rimuru has the protection of the most Famous dragon but no one reacts? Disappointed
Dec 17, 2018 12:46 PM
Mar 2015
gabiru Trample Trrample chomp chomp
Dec 17, 2018 12:57 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I thought that Gabiru was a comic relief character, and here he comes, as incredibly foolish and blowhardy as he is and succeeds in taking power. This kind of stuff only happens in anime...oh...wait a minute now...
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 17, 2018 12:59 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm interested how people feel about Gabiru after this episode. He's a really interesting character tbh.

He is obviously talented in strategy and has huge confidence but i think he got surrounded by the wrong lizardmen and got influenced by that guy who is a servant of Gelmud who gave him his name. Very naive but i can't really dislike THE GUY for it.

The whole strategy meeting and the coup were cool to see, they really extend everything to make it have an impact.

Although some people here will always be impatient for something else to happen that fits their needs and that is NOT politics.
Dec 17, 2018 1:40 PM

Feb 2014
Gabiru has well and truly done goofed, hasn't he? That clown did well to manipulate Gabiru to go back and forcefully take the throne from his father. Sadly for him, the Chief knows about the orc's starvation power that makes them eat their fallen comrades and power them up. Gabiru doesn't know this and goes in anyway, leaving his crew in big trouble.

Because of this, the whole plan of having Rimuru assisting the Lizardmen will have to be sped up before Gabiru's cock up causes some major casualties.

All in all, this was a really good build-up episode. I'm expecting the next episode, going by it's title, should have plenty of fights from both sides. This should be a treat, animation-wise. =)
Dec 17, 2018 2:19 PM

Aug 2017
Well, Gabiru coup made things worse.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 17, 2018 2:24 PM

May 2017
Every week I see comments on how slow this series is, or there's too much talking or it's dragging on. Personally, I think the pacing is perfect, the dialogue between characters is highly enjoyable and is great for fleshing out the characters and I've been engrossed the whole time. It makes me wonder what some other people were expecting.
Forum sniper of MAL. Accuracy, efficiency. Beware the catgun.
Dec 17, 2018 2:27 PM

Jun 2017
the episode felt really short
Gabiru underestimates the Orc Lord and may pay the price for it :/
Dec 17, 2018 2:27 PM

Oct 2018
Does anyone get Battle of Helms Deep vibes from this episode?
Dec 17, 2018 2:32 PM

Jan 2013
I wonder if they're going to fix that cgi in the bd release. But putting that aside, awesome episode as usually.
Dec 17, 2018 2:33 PM
Dec 2018
dadnaya said:

Yes because every show needs to be paced at 4 episodes a volume, and not a more natural and relaxed pace. /s

The pacing is the best part, each episode always feels half the length, and leaves me always wanting more.
Dec 17, 2018 2:40 PM
Dec 2018
fuyuki said:
I wonder if they're going to fix that cgi in the bd release. But putting that aside, awesome episode as usually.

I don't really see what needs to be fixed, because they have been doing a really good job at integrating and utilizing the cg so that it isn't so jarring to the eyes.
Dec 17, 2018 2:43 PM

Jan 2013
jaw201 said:
fuyuki said:

I don't really see what needs to be fixed, because they have been doing a really good job at integrating and utilizing the cg so that it isn't so jarring to the eyes.
Please, I'm having SnK S2 flashbacks while watching this. It's not a big deal but it is noticeable.
Dec 17, 2018 2:47 PM
Dec 2018
fuyuki said:
jaw201 said:

Please, I'm having SnK S2 flashbacks while watching this. It's not a big deal but it is noticeable.

Although, its much MUCH better than Overlord, I'm sure we can agree on that. (Regarding CGI)
Dec 17, 2018 3:17 PM
Aug 2013
I really liking the anime adaptation but, i wish it was closer to the manga. I really disliked how they removed Souei warning...
Dec 17, 2018 3:30 PM

Apr 2018
littlem1b said:

Damn right! :"(((
Dec 17, 2018 3:32 PM
Dec 2018
Am I the only one here who actually pity Gabiru?

I mean, from the very beginning he has every single lizardman who comes fifty feet radius around him praising and building up his ego. Mainly because he's the only named lizardman out there.

This then makes him both arrogant and pressured to lived up to everyone's expectations. Forcing him to ignore the rational thought in favor of mending his broken ego. (Like how he came to conclusion about Gobta?)

Not only that but thanks to his men yelling him about how he should become the next chieftain, he actually believes that he's better than his father. I remember that in episode 11 he started out still trusting and still thinking that his father is capable. It all thanks to those dimwitted lizards that he starts thinking that his father is too soft and unable to rule anymore.

I mean, we've probably been there before. Having loads of people looking up to you and you having no choice but to maintain your reputation. That kind of pressure can and will at least cut down ones IQ to half.

Yes, I'm defending the most hated Lizard this season. Fight Me

PS: In all honesty this little bit of detail is what make this show extremely amazing. Every character even the jerks no matter how much of a cliche villain they are, still feels human. They're not an asshole for the sake of being an asshole. There's a good logical reason why they're an asshole. (No, tragic villain backstory does not count as a good logical reason. Most of it is just lazy writing). This makes this show about non-human feels much more relatable than most story about humans.

Definitely one of the best I've watched.
MetatodaDec 17, 2018 3:42 PM
Dec 17, 2018 4:17 PM

Oct 2015
JRH99 said:
I really liking the anime adaptation but, i wish it was closer to the manga. I really disliked how they removed Souei warning...

That's not really an important thing. They can even still show it next episode as a flashback

Btw, I really can't wait to see the final moment of this arc. The moment between Rimuru and Orc lord.
Dec 17, 2018 5:46 PM

Mar 2010
Gabiru... Glad he is just dumb and not evil.
Dec 17, 2018 5:47 PM

Dec 2013
Someone should’ve warned Gabiru about the orc lord lol
Dec 17, 2018 6:10 PM

Apr 2018
Where is the crossdressing scene? Did they just removed it? NO NO NO
Dec 17, 2018 7:11 PM
Dec 2009
Jfs_Jfsjfsjfs said:
Where is the crossdressing scene? Did they just removed it? NO NO NO
NO THEY MUST HAVE IT THAT WAS THE SCENE I LOOK MOST FORWARD TO!! THEY MUST HAVE IT NEXT EPISODE!!! TAT
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

288 by KazukiWang »»
Jun 2, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

291 by Psicrom »»
May 28, 10:08 PM

» Watch order

Holy_Momo - Jan 27

19 by good4y0u »»
May 26, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2018

219 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2018

396 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.