Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2018 6:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh sweet, we're getting more characters from the science side making their reappearances.

It's great to see the Battle Royale arc underway. The OP song already showed many of its characters from various factions but it's nice to see them in motion. Kinda felt like a buildup episode so far with the developing events. Accelerator (part of GROUP now) is someone of interest to keep an eye on imo.

Great to see Mugino and her group showing up too! Technically, they are already made their anime appearances in Railgun S but I think seeing them in Index is cool too. Haha, the part with Hamazura was priceless. What a fool

Oh and there's also SCHOOL. The rivalries have begun!
Stark700Oct 26, 2018 9:28 AM
Oct 26, 2018 6:32 AM

Aug 2013
They truly made this season with the assumption that all their viewers are novel readers.

And it looks like BR is gonna get 3 episodes as well.

Edit : Also I just realized that Kakine and SCHOOL appeared earlier than I thought. Guess they're rearranging the scenes from the volume. It worked surprisingly well actually.
loli_a_ravioliOct 26, 2018 6:38 AM
Oct 26, 2018 6:57 AM

Apr 2014
loli_a_ravioli said:
They truly made this season with the assumption that all their viewers are novel readers.

Edit : Also I just realized that Kakine and SCHOOL appeared earlier than I thought. Guess they're rearranging the scenes from the volume. It worked surprisingly well actually.

I believe, it will get 4 episodes, they only managed to cover chapter 1 and roughly half of chapter 2, and next episode will cover th rest of chapter 2 and chapter 3 according to the preview. It was actually a pretty good episode, they only removed a few minor scenes. So 4 episodes could be fairly plausible. Considereing the name of the next episode.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Oct 26, 2018 7:02 AM

Apr 2010
Honestly this episode had the feeling of a bad action movie.
The pace was way to fast.

Anyway it seems Misaka's old friends appeared and they still had the same bad temper.
So far tho i have to say that this arc doesn't look very interesting.
Oct 26, 2018 7:10 AM
Oct 2018
Aversa said:
this arc doesn't look very interesting.

It is because the best part will be accelerator vs kakine
Oct 26, 2018 7:25 AM

Jul 2012
loli_a_ravioli said:

Exactly, i don't know how or what anime viewers should understand from the amount they've given.

Should probably give up on the animation, just to compare how ITEM looks in railgun and here ... Pretty sad.

Kinda feels like the blonde girl from SCHOOL gets too much attention (not saying her nickname not to spoil something), thought she was always very/pretty minor character.
Oct 26, 2018 7:57 AM

Aug 2013
allenjke said:
loli_a_ravioli said:

Exactly, i don't know how or what anime viewers should understand from the amount they've given.

Should probably give up on the animation, just to compare how ITEM looks in railgun and here ... Pretty sad.

Kinda feels like the blonde girl from SCHOOL gets too much attention (not saying her nickname not to spoil something), thought she was always very/pretty minor character.

Yeah Mugino's beam scene is so pathetic compared to the one from Railgun.

7 fucking years and it looks like Nishikiori still thinks that Toaru is all about Index and Mikoto assaulting Touma. I hope if there's a miracle and it turns out we also get NT adaptation (since apparentely there's gonna be a surprise announcement at the end of Index 3), the responsible committee would fire this guy's ass. Hell at this point I would gladly have Nagai directed it even at the cost of Saten's butt showing up in all story arcs.
loli_a_ravioliOct 26, 2018 8:05 AM
Oct 26, 2018 8:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
An interesting episode that did well in showing the kind of work that happens in the dark side of the city and the many struggles that happen in the city. Last order is still as cute as ever. Quite the amusing names they have for their groups though. The fight between the members of School and Item was brief but fun. Looks like this fight is just getting started. Its nice we are getting more side characters introduced. Though for anime only viewers i imagine their appearance only served to confuse them.
ShingsterOct 26, 2018 8:15 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2018 8:13 AM

Jul 2016
loli_a_ravioli said:
the responsible committee would fire this guy's ass.
If J.C Staff really do care about Index anime's quality then they should already fired Nishikiori back in season 2 or in the Index movie, but nope they choose to keep him around to direct the Index anime series instead and got even worst than before.
Oct 26, 2018 8:19 AM
Mar 2016
Can anyone tell me how this old Lady Oyafune is still alive? Thought Tsuchimikado killed her in Episode 1
Oct 26, 2018 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
loli_a_ravioli said:
allenjke said:

Yeah Mugino's beam scene is so pathetic compared to the one from Railgun.

7 fucking years and it looks like Nishikiori still thinks that Toaru is all about Index and Mikoto assaulting Touma. I hope if there's a miracle and it turns out we also get NT adaptation (since apparentely there's gonna be a surprise announcement at the end of Index 3), the responsible committee would fire this guy's ass. Hell at this point I would gladly have Nagai directed it even at the cost of Saten's butt showing up in all story arcs.

About NT, I'm pretty sure we'll get an anime adaptation someday. It's just a matter of not if but when. And unfortunately, it could take awhile even though J.C. Staff has teased in their trailers.

In the meantime, I agree about the production quality of this season (in particular episode 2 with the shitty looking character models). Maybe they're saving it for some of the more important episodes. Hopefully, at least.
Oct 26, 2018 8:23 AM

Apr 2014
AlbitoSeijuro said:
Can anyone tell me how this old Lady Oyafune is still alive? Thought Tsuchimikado killed her in Episode 1

Shes the immortal baba
-Accelerator-

Oct 26, 2018 8:25 AM

Aug 2013
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
loli_a_ravioli said:
the responsible committee would fire this guy's ass.
If J.C Staff really do care about Index anime's quality then they should already fired Nishikiori back in season 2 or in the Index movie, but nope they choose to keep him around to direct the Index anime series instead and got even worst than before.

Because for some inane reason they believed that Nishikiori did a good job adapting Index with all the above 10k sales.

I might being a petty asshole for saying shit like this, but I hope this season's sales would drop below their expectation, if that's the only thing left to make the people responsible realize just how shit the director is if he made a season full of most anticipated story arcs flopped. The result would be either NT adaptation plan being cancelled or have a director change for it, and both outcomes are miles better than having him touching any Toaru stuff again.
Oct 26, 2018 8:26 AM

Jul 2016
AlbitoSeijuro said:

Tsuchimikado actually didn't kill her in the first episode, all he did was just injured her and she was sent into hospital afterward.

This is what happened when the story is rushed as hell and skipped some contents compared to it's source material.
Oct 26, 2018 8:29 AM

Jul 2017
This episode just didn't click with me at all. Some of the content went way over my head.
Oct 26, 2018 8:32 AM
Oct 2018
Worst Scenario!! Battle royale just 3-4 episode. Episode 4 is 2 episode packed in 1 episode :(

It will be more worse if JC make hamazura vs mugino & accel vs kakine in 1 episode. They should be 1 episode for each fight.

Now, I just hope 4 episode at best for battle royale arc and they will slow down story pace at episode 5. 26 episode for rest arc is truly worst scenario
Oct 26, 2018 8:34 AM
Mar 2016
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
AlbitoSeijuro said:

Tsuchimikado actually didn't kill her in the first episode, all he did was just injured her and she was sent into hospital afterward.

This is what happened when the story is rushed as hell and skipped some contents compared to it's source material.

Oh thanks, was confused on that. Reminds me of being suprised seeing Lidvia alive, even though I was sure she's dead after something like that.
Oct 26, 2018 8:39 AM

Aug 2013
animejas said:
This episode just didn't click with me at all. Some of the content went way over my head.

It would be a surprise if you're actually understand most of the things in this episode if you're not novel reader.
Oct 26, 2018 8:42 AM

Jun 2010
I really felt like this episode was them skipping between action scene to action scene and not explaining any of it. People in here are mentioning something about a Battle Royale. Was that supposed to be explained at some point in the episode?

I feel like multiple characters already died, and I was supposed to know who they were but didn't.

The only character I really cared about seeing this episode was Frenda...

Oct 26, 2018 8:50 AM

Mar 2016
The hardest part with this series so far is remembering EVERYBODY from the previous seasons. Even rewatching the first two seasons from start of finish just prior to this season doesn't necessarily help that much :P
Oct 26, 2018 8:52 AM

Jul 2016
loli_a_ravioli said:
I might being a petty asshole for saying shit like this, but I hope this season's sales would drop below their expectation, if that's the only thing left to make the people responsible realize just how shit the director is if he made a season full of most anticipated story arcs flopped. The result would be either NT adaptation plan being cancelled or have a director change for it, and both outcomes are miles better than having him touching any Toaru stuff again.

Well it's not your fault to think that way with how bad Nishikiori has been handle the Index anime series as whole (Hell, this guy even said that Index series is all about fan-service and bathing, rather than the a goord story or action), he does deserves to be fire from even touching the Index series again.

If they keep letting Nishikiori to touch the anime series even after this abonimation, I will not gonna watch the anime series again and just stick with the manga adaptation until he being fired from studio or passes away (This sounds a bit rude, though).
Oct 26, 2018 9:00 AM

Apr 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
loli_a_ravioli said:

Well it's not your fault to think that way with how bad Nishikiori has been handle the Index anime series as whole (Hell, this guy even said that Index series is all about fan-service and bathing, rather than the a goord story or action), he does deserves to be fire from even touching the Index series again.

If they keep letting Nishikiori to touch the anime series even after this abonimation, I will not gonna watch the anime series again and just stick with the manga adaptation until he being fired from studio or passes away (This sounds a bit rude, though).

Sry to be the party pooper but that probably wont happen.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/to-aru-universe/interview-to-kamachi-nishikiori-and-yoshino/2114504681955205/

In an interview with kamachi, nishikoiri and hiroyuki, it is implied that he will also direct new testament. Besides kamachi seems to like nishikoiri so no wonder that he got to direct the 3rd season. So expect him to be back. 😅
Also the interview should give u a little bit of insight how nishikoiri thinks as a whole about the franchise.
-Accelerator-

Oct 26, 2018 9:03 AM
Oct 2018
this adaptation is fucked up.
rushed as hell oh shit.
im dissapointed as ln reader.
lot of skip and cut in anime.
action is meh.
oh god. i just hope they realize what theyre doing with index.
this battle royale arc supposed to have big impact.
so much wasted potential in light novel.
Oct 26, 2018 9:08 AM

Jul 2016
That felt fast paced, well anyway I'm glad to see Accelerator in action again, as well as seeing ITEM here in index. Hamazura seems like the comic relief of this arc, let's see what's his entire role here. Mugino looks really pissed off to Kakine. So many characters recurring and new ones on this arc.
Oct 26, 2018 9:17 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, that was quick and felt off. Where’s Kamijou Touma?

As an anime-only, it’s getting really hard to keep up with the pacey story. It was similar for the majority of Season 2, but I feel as though it’s taken an upgrade this Season. Pretty enjoyable episode to some extent, regardless.
Dark side of the Academy City sure was interesting, lots of small influential groups batting it out! Nice to see badass Accelerator and the return and introduction of many characters here! Finally, we get to see the second-strongest Level 5 Esper and I’m really curious to know and see more of him.

I’m looking forward to seeing the next episode!
_MushiRock11_Oct 26, 2018 9:49 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 26, 2018 9:32 AM

Jan 2009
lol give justice to the animation JC Staff please

i do not get this arc yet lol but more Accelerator is welcome
Oct 26, 2018 9:46 AM

Apr 2014
Well we're in the worst timeline possible, buckle up cause the legendary hack Nishikiori is about to show you how to stuff 50+ episodes worth of content in 26 episodes while cutting out all the cool action and plot to focus on bathing.

Bathes for everyone, you get a pointless fan-service, YOU get a pointless fan-service, EVERYONE GETS A POINTLESS FAN-SERVICE, the climax of WW3 would be fought in the bathtub on top of Bethlam!
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Oct 26, 2018 9:53 AM

Feb 2010
Shingster said:
An interesting episode that did well in showing the kind of work that happens in the dark side of the city and the many struggles that happen in the city. Last order is still as cute as ever. Quite the amusing names they have for their groups though. The fight between the members of School and Item was brief but fun. Looks like this fight is just getting started. Its nice we are getting more side characters introduced. Though for anime only viewers i imagine their appearance only served to confuse them.

kid with googles is not part of school hes part of BLOCK

the only members of School that have been show are the sniper, Kakine Teitoku and girl in dress

ap1001 said:
Well we're in the worst timeline possible, buckle up cause the legendary hack Nishikiori is about to show you how to stuff 50+ episodes worth of content in 26 episodes while cutting out all the cool action and plot to focus on bathing.

Bathes for everyone, you get a pointless fan-service, YOU get a pointless fan-service, EVERYONE GETS A POINTLESS FAN-SERVICE, the climax of WW3 would be fought in the bathtub on top of Bethlam!

please find the "fanservice." in this episode it seems solely focused on the stuff that actually happen.

_MushiRock11_ said:

As an anime-only, it’s getting really hard to keep up with the pacey story. It was similar for the majority of Season 2, but I feel as though it’s taken an upgrade this Season. Pretty enjoyable episode to some extent, regardless.
Dark side of the Academy City sure was interesting, lots of small influential groups batting it out! Nice to see badass Accelerator and the return and introduction of many characters here! Finally, we get to see the second-strongest Level 5 Esper and I’m really curious to know and see more of him.

this is an accelerator arc also touma is not back from france yet
GrimAtramentOct 26, 2018 10:01 AM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 26, 2018 10:03 AM
Oct 2018
hazarddex said:

the only members of School that have been show are the sniper, Kakine Teitoku and girl in dress

The boy with goggles is a part of SCHOOL though.

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Yobou_Banka
Oct 26, 2018 10:03 AM

Jan 2009
after some more thinking i do not get this episode at all and im only an anime watcher so will things get explained better later on? i only hear that this is the battle royale arc but this episode did not mention that at all too and im sure i will be more lost if i did not know this is about some battle royale among the science side

and damn no hope for a better animation with this show it seems, for an action show it lacks good action scenes
Oct 26, 2018 10:05 AM
Oct 2018
deg said:
after some more thinking i do not get this episode at all and im only an anime watcher so will things get explained better later on? i only hear that this is the battle royale arc but this episode did not mention that at all too and im sure i will be more lost if i did not know this is about some battle royale among the science side

and damn no hope for a better animation with this show it seems, for an action show it lacks good action scenes

It's called the Battle Royale arc because several different factions of the Darkside of Academy city end up fighting each other.
Oct 26, 2018 10:06 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
hazarddex said:
Shingster said:

ap1001 said:

please find the "fanservice." in this episode it seems solely focused on the stuff that actually happen.

_MushiRock11_ said:

Ah right, thanks!
Will we be seeing this again during the To Aru Accelerator adaption in coherent and more detail, like the Sisters Arc?

Oct 26, 2018 10:07 AM

Jan 2009
XeNoX101 said:
deg said:

It's called the Battle Royale arc because several different factions of the Darkside of Academy city end up fighting each other.

will that be explained or made clearer later on?
Oct 26, 2018 10:08 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
hazarddex said:
Shingster said:

ap1001 said:

_MushiRock11_ said:

Oh is that so sorry my mistake.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2018 10:12 AM
Oct 2018
deg said:
XeNoX101 said:

Hopefully, if the anime does it right. Based off the preview, the other factions (BLOCK and MEMBER) will be formally introduced next episode.
Oct 26, 2018 10:12 AM
Oct 2018
When i read the comments here especially from ep 3 discussion it makes me feel NT Adaption is never going to happen
Oct 26, 2018 10:15 AM

Apr 2017
Railgun's director is a lot, like, a LOT better than Nishikiori, jeez..
I mean Index sold +15k in both seasons that's why this guy is still on charge... feelsbad.. 7 years to do something good and the production is hell rushed, this shouldn't be possible. Nishikiori is too bad, 0 contacts, 0 love for what's doing.. Whatever..
KaiserFGOOct 26, 2018 10:18 AM
Oct 26, 2018 10:28 AM

Feb 2013
Poor Hamazura, nobody respects him.
Oct 26, 2018 10:30 AM

Apr 2014
I've read the novels and this episode still managed to confuse me. Go figure.
Oct 26, 2018 10:33 AM

Feb 2010
deg said:
XeNoX101 said:

the arc names are picked by the fans after the arc has concluded. So no you will never hear the arc name said in canon.

and yes from the looks of it they are already starting to show each faction.
this episode served to show the main factions
SCHOOL ITEM and GROUP
the next episode looks like it will be more action oriented.

AcceleratorAngel said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Sry to be the party pooper but that probably wont happen.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/to-aru-universe/interview-to-kamachi-nishikiori-and-yoshino/2114504681955205/

In an interview with kamachi, nishikoiri and hiroyuki, it is implied that he will also direct new testament. Besides kamachi seems to like nishikoiri so no wonder that he got to direct the 3rd season. So expect him to be back. 😅
Also the interview should give u a little bit of insight how nishikoiri thinks as a whole about the franchise.

after reading the interview i saw not a single mention of him saying the series was for the baths.

also i find it interesting Yoshino

"Yoshino says he will sometimes have cut a scene to get things to fit but Nishikiori will then put it back in. Nishikiori says that's because, while the scene isn't strictly necessary, it often has a line he really wants to hear in the anime. Nishikiori says "corrections" like that ended up extending the "Kihara arc" by 15 minutes."

"Yoshino calls Kamachi a sadist for some of the difficult-to-animate things he puts in his novels."

so if anything Yoshino, Hiroyuki is the one whos cutting stuff out :| so why is Nishikiori getting all the hate?

"Nishikiori says they worked hard at the script meetings (with Kamachi there too) to avoid cutting all the best lines and keeping in the scenes they thought everyone would want to see."

"Kamachi says he's more excited to see Touma animated again than seeing any of the heroines. "

Ulquiorra said:
Poor Hamazura, nobody respects him.

what do you mean nobody? he has his number one fan autism chan.

DarthBob said:

i read the novel and the early chapter of this volume confused me as well things only started making sense when kekine finally started explaining stuff. which (from the looks of it and hopefully is next episode.)
GrimAtramentOct 26, 2018 10:39 AM
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 26, 2018 10:35 AM

Jan 2009
hazarddex said:
deg said:

the arc names are picked by the fans after the arc has concluded. So no you will never hear the arc name said in canon.

welp i see, that is the kind of info im looking for so thanks
Oct 26, 2018 10:39 AM

Mar 2017
As we saw in last season Accelerator was a member of GROUP. There are other organisations like GROUP. Called SCHOOL, MEMBER, BLOCK, ITEM.
So Hamazura is a member of ITEM with Academy city No.4 level 5.
Academy city No.2 level 5 is in SCHOOL.
New characters introduced.
No Touma this episode. He might not show up in next episode too.
Oct 26, 2018 10:44 AM

Jan 2009
hazarddex said:

DarthBob said:

i read the novel and the early chapter of this volume confused me as well things only started making sense when kekine finally started explaining stuff. which (from the looks of it and hopefully is next episode.)

imagine being an anime only watcher like me then lol gonna wait for that Kakine explanation then
Oct 26, 2018 10:51 AM

Feb 2010
Minar-kyun said:
As we saw in last season Accelerator was a member of GROUP. There are other organisations like GROUP. Called SCHOOL, MEMBER, BLOCK, ITEM.
So Hamazura is a member of ITEM with Academy city No.4 level 5.
Academy city No.2 level 5 is in SCHOOL.
New characters introduced.
No Touma this episode. He might not show up in next episode too.

just so people stop asking Touma is not in this arc. this arc is academy city with no heroes. so unless they add him in as a cameo (which wouldn't make sense. since there is now way he would stay out of something like this.)

@_MushiRock11_ no accelerators manga takes place before the events of season 2

Oct 26, 2018 10:53 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
hazarddex said:

@_MushiRock11_ no accelerators manga takes place before the events of season 2

Oh right, that’s too bad then, I’d love to see more of this arc from a different point of view.

Oct 26, 2018 10:55 AM
Oct 2018
People here seem to forget how hectic the volume actually was, it is called a wild ride because you're not supposed to know where it goes until it all connects. You can't tell me you knew what was going on when you read the first few chapters of OT15 initially because the motives of the characters/factions weren't even explained until later.
Oct 26, 2018 11:01 AM

Feb 2010
Tiau said:
People here seem to forget how hectic the volume actually was, it is called a wild ride because you're not supposed to know where it goes until it all connects. You can't tell me you knew what was going on when you read the first few chapters of OT15 initially because the motives of the characters/factions weren't even explained until later.

agreed i can contest a lot of my reactions at the first half of this volume can be sumed up with this

Oct 26, 2018 11:31 AM

Aug 2013
4th episode and they already wasted whole budget. This episode looked terrible.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 26, 2018 11:36 AM

Feb 2015
This episode totally lost me. The exposition was a jumbled mess and I can remember who all these people are.

Index biggest problem has always been the huge cast. Remember when a girl's called index used to be in this?

I don't really care much about these side characters, even Accelorater seemed rather dull this episode.

Hopefully thinks will be explained and some point. Can't help but feel season 3 lacks focus.
Oct 26, 2018 11:46 AM

Feb 2016
wait what the fuck is going on? I feel so lost, weren't we at Avignon before? Why are we back at Academic City?
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.