Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 29, 2017 1:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, this was actually interesting with the video filming. It featured a lot of interviews with the characters in a lighthearted fashion as we got to know many of the characters.

Definitely an episode with a lot of social commentary rather than action as it explores live styles of students. Metal Lee is shy of cameras lul
Stark700Nov 29, 2017 1:38 AM
Nov 29, 2017 3:07 AM

Sep 2015
So another Kakashi test again for the new Naruto Sakura Sasuke?
Into the Internet!
Nov 29, 2017 3:13 AM

Apr 2012
>Kakashi as an examinator
yee-haa
Nov 29, 2017 3:13 AM

Sep 2016
ah man the ending suprised me i loved the reveal of the journalist to be kakashi sensei looks like he will be in charge of testing these kids on their shinobi path if anyone will teach these kids theres almost none better in these times than him.
Facta Non Verba
Nov 29, 2017 4:40 AM

Jan 2017
da hell is 'Jay Jay' on the parent-teacher conference... legit side character. WTH.

things have gotten interesting tho
Nov 29, 2017 4:55 AM

Jan 2014
Kakashi strikes again!
we'll seeing that bell test once again.

anyway, we're getting closer to the movie, aren't we?
Nov 29, 2017 5:01 AM
Apr 2011
It's the same disguise that Kakashi used in that filler episode that finally revealed Kakashi's face without the mask.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Nov 29, 2017 5:49 AM

Dec 2016
Hype before exam with kakashi *w*
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Nov 29, 2017 6:27 AM
Jan 2014
I knew it was kakashi since we've seen this disguise before.
Excited to have him in the show.
I like how the show utilizes old characters to keep us, the original Naruto fans, watching.
Although this show is more of a slice of life than the original naruto, I think we'll eventually get into the meat of the real story after all the character developments finish up.
Nov 29, 2017 6:52 AM

Feb 2013
Ok, Kakashi tricked me, I didn't think that it was him.
Nov 29, 2017 7:16 AM

Nov 2017
They used the old kakashi's disguise well, so glad to see fillers (a really old one in this case) serving the plot. Anyway I hope the exam arc will be at least half as enjoyable as the naruto's one; kakashi's presence makes me way more hopeful
Nov 29, 2017 7:52 AM

Jun 2015
Kakashi is back and this time in the disguise he used in a filler episode that revealed his face without the mask. He was interviewing students. Looking forward to the exams.
Nov 29, 2017 8:13 AM

Jan 2017
It was nice to see Kakashi put on that disguise again. I can't wait for next week's episode.
Nov 29, 2017 8:21 AM

Mar 2016
Kakashi probably is just going to do the damn bell test again...

Interesting episode... Boruto should really figure what he wants to specialize in or else he’ll just be boring.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2017 8:47 AM
Oct 2007
Kakashi doesn't look aged to me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2017 9:10 AM

Sep 2013
Being a shinobi is no longer expected from the kids, boruto must find his path before the exam with kakashi.
Nov 29, 2017 9:10 AM
Apr 2016
UrbanJahts said:

Interesting episode... Boruto should really figure what he wants to specialize in or else he’ll just be boring.

You might be amongst the few who don't get it, but soon insane space ninjas from Kaguya's clan will come raining hell on Earth, and Boruto will have no other choice but to take his father's role as a hero. Along with Sarada, Mitsuki, and everyone else.
You are supposed to look at it like that - Naruto was about the conflict between humans (Gurren Lagann first half), but there always was a mastermind force behind the atrocities, insane and malicious (Gurren Lagann second half).
The main question is, how long this series will be, and what kind of reasoning will Outsutsuki bear. In Gurren Lagann Anti-Spiral were the same coin, but a different side. There, it is an alien force unknown to most. I am borderlessly interested.
Re:formed
Nov 29, 2017 9:30 AM
Sep 2012
I am pretty sure I have this fake Kekashi journalist disguise before. I knew that guy looked familiar.
Nov 29, 2017 10:01 AM

May 2014
As usual, the writing for this show is pretty darn good.
Loving all the character exploration and the consistent art and ustilization of old characters.

It was nice to see the disguise again, Kiba in an advertisement and a little flashback of what happened to our new generation characters (Denki, Sumire and Iwabe), and the scenes with the parents (We didn't see Temari </3) and Orochimaru was quite good.

Also, ANKO FIGHTING IN THE PREVIEW YAY
Such a nice callback

Nov 29, 2017 10:29 AM

Jun 2014
shogunwolfdyvine said:
ah man the ending suprised me i loved the reveal of the journalist to be kakashi sensei.

Ulquiorra said:

blfan said:
I am pretty sure I have this fake Kekashi journalist disguise before. I knew that guy looked familiar.

He used this disguise before in the episode of Shippuden where Kakashi revealed his face. But that episode was quite a while ago, and idk, maybe you guys skipped that episode since i believe it was filler.

Anyway, i certainly wasn't expecting to see this Sukea disguise again. This episode provided some interesting insight into what these students want to do after graduating. It's about time we're getting to the graduation exam, these next several episodes should be exciting to watch, especially with Kakashi being one of the proctors.

Also, i never would have expected to ever see Orochimaru just casually attending a parent-teacher conference lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 29, 2017 10:50 AM

Mar 2015
Can't wait for next week, let's see if kakashi can beat some sense into Boruto!
Nov 29, 2017 11:07 AM
Jan 2011
This show is pretty damn good!
Nov 29, 2017 12:04 PM

Aug 2013
Ulquiorra said:

Same here
I thought it would be Orochimaru because:
- Both characters have purple paint around the eyes
- Naruto and Shikamaru told him to cover his face when walking through the academy.
- When Mitsuki is in the conference, the image shows Orochimaru with his face being covered by an external element.

I believed that he wanted to wreck havoc in Konoha again to reminisce old times.
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Nov 29, 2017 2:15 PM

Feb 2012
Hah that reporter guy was Kakashi in the end, really nice.

Ok episode, looking forward to the start of the exam next week, its about to bring a lot of good ol' memories.
Nov 29, 2017 3:26 PM
Jun 2017
Yes!!! Im so excited for next week episode as FINALLY the examination will begin. A must watch for sure!!! 😁😁😁
Nov 29, 2017 3:31 PM

Jan 2008
Already knew it was Kakashi during the face reveal episode.

Episode seems like a build up towards the movie because Boruto tells us what kind of shinobi be wants to be at the end of it.

Well looking forward to the exam.
Nov 29, 2017 3:51 PM

Mar 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
UrbanJahts said:

You might be amongst the few who don't get it, but soon insane space ninjas from Kaguya's clan will come raining hell on Earth, and Boruto will have no other choice but to take his father's role as a hero. Along with Sarada, Mitsuki, and everyone else.
You are supposed to look at it like that - Naruto was about the conflict between humans (Gurren Lagann first half), but there always was a mastermind force behind the atrocities, insane and malicious (Gurren Lagann second half).
The main question is, how long this series will be, and what kind of reasoning will Outsutsuki bear. In Gurren Lagann Anti-Spiral were the same coin, but a different side. There, it is an alien force unknown to most. I am borderlessly interested.

Well it’s pretty obvious that something is coming... and the very beginning of the show they showed that, I haven’t read the manga so no I wouldn’t know that... thanks for the spoiler 😒
Nov 29, 2017 5:18 PM

Aug 2013
This was such a great episode. Some moments that stood out to me.

Graduation exams coming up. Should be great with Kakashi (His disguise fooled me!) leading them. It's the real deal now for Boruto, Sarada, and Mitsuki as the real story is kicking in with the movie arc soon to follow.

This era of peace (Which I like how they started with because it reflects the sacrifices that were made in Shippuden) will soon be under threat and everyone will go their separate ways, judging by the tone of this episode. Yamashita, Kishimoto, and SP all said early on that this is how they intended to start this series in a lighter tone before the students would get lost to their futures. Will be very interesting to see after the movie arc now that the scripts are ready, hopefully since enough time has passed and will pass with the movie arc since the series started, for the story to kick in.

Orochimaru attending a parent conference is genius. Shino's reaction is gold.

It's nice to see how far advanced Konoha has come now that students don't just have to become Shinobi. Also, it gave us a little more info on the rest of the supporting characters.

Love the Gaara photo in the Naruto household!

5/5.
Nov 29, 2017 7:31 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Kakashi return was the best!!
Nov 29, 2017 8:44 PM

May 2015
The Six went in disguise and by the looks of it he is going to give some of the kids a reality test...
Nov 30, 2017 12:41 AM

Oct 2008
OMG What a surprise! the journalist in disguise was Kakashi all along!
and he'll make the chuunin/genin exam much more challenging!
5/5.

Nov 30, 2017 1:23 AM
Sep 2013
This anime is moving pretty slowly right now, but I feel like this era of peace is going to fall hard. Not having enough (motivated) shinobi might prove to be one of the challenges Konoha faces... or they could ignore that that was problem entirely (but they likely won't since they've mentioned it several times so far). I'm getting kinda worried. But for now I'll just enjoy watching kakashi finger Bolt just like how he fingered naruto.
Nov 30, 2017 7:57 AM

Dec 2016
Yasuhito said:

Graduation exams coming up. Should be great with Kakashi (His disguise fooled me!) leading them. It's the real deal now for Boruto, Sarada, and Mitsuki as the real story is kicking in with the movie arc soon to follow.

This era of peace (Which I like how they started with because it reflects the sacrifices that were made in Shippuden) will soon be under threat and everyone will go their separate ways, judging by the tone of this episode. Yamashita, Kishimoto, and SP all said early on that this is how they intended to start this series in a lighter tone before the students would get lost to their futures. Will be very interesting to see after the movie arc now that the scripts are ready, hopefully since enough time has passed and will pass with the movie arc since the series started, for the story to kick in.

It's nice to see how far advanced Konoha has come now that students don't just have to become Shinobi. Also, it gave us a little more info on the rest of the supporting characters.

5/5.

I'm also sad for Nije
😢😢
Nov 30, 2017 10:50 AM

Aug 2013
Jellalo said:
Yasuhito said:

5/5.

I'm also sad for Nije
😢😢

He will always live in our hearts. I'm loving that they didn't forget about him. So much care in the little details.
Nov 30, 2017 11:11 AM

Dec 2016
Yasuhito said:
Jellalo said:

I'm also sad for Nije
😢😢

He will always live in our hearts. I'm loving that they didn't forget about him. So much care in the little details.

Sadly him and Rock Lee they used to be great characters in part 1
But in part 2 I lost all the my love for my fav characters 😢😢
Nov 30, 2017 12:29 PM

Jul 2009
Guess Kakashi will do something similar to what he did to Sakura, Naruto and Sasuke in the past...
Nov 30, 2017 1:14 PM

Nov 2016
I was surprised to see Kakashi as in the interviewer custume xD I couldn't close my mouth for a bit when I saw him dressed up as the same old photographer from one of the Shippuden filler.

Can't wait for next episode because theres some action!
Nov 30, 2017 1:24 PM

Aug 2010
Veela said:
I was surprised to see Kakashi as in the interviewer custume xD I couldn't close my mouth for a bit when I saw him dressed up as the same old photographer from one of the Shippuden filler.

Can't wait for next episode because theres some action!

That was not a filler btw. It was in the manga
Nov 30, 2017 3:17 PM

Feb 2014
i may have screamed at my comp seeing kakashi in his disguise again LOL my memory is shit but i somehow remembered it was him
Dec 1, 2017 1:18 AM

Sep 2009
when they started talking about how some years an entire class can fail the graduation exam i got immediately hyped for kakashi and then suddenly we get a suspicious interviewer. i'm really happy that he's getting some focus especially since this series is based around the next generation.

overall it was an enjoyable episode and i liked the mitsuki/orochimaru interaction even though it was mostly off screen. i'm also looking forward to the next episode, i have to wonder how the bells will be incorporated into a class-wide exam especially since in the pv it looked like sarada was working with other people rather than her future team.
Dec 1, 2017 1:57 AM
Apr 2016
Interisting episode's with kakashi. Long time no see Kakashi-sensei
Dec 1, 2017 3:08 AM
Jun 2017
And now we know...
Dec 1, 2017 3:19 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Wow so Boruto actually had no dreams and aspirations even when on the eve of graduating. So the exams lead to either employment, upper education or shinobi then. Seeing Hinata talk about her past and why she wanted to become a ninja was nice though. Its nice that Boruto gets to be what he wants though. Completion of the academy will certainly give you an advantage though as you would have learnt many skills. Seeing all the parents attend the conference with their child sure was interesting though especially Mitsuki's parents. But im glad that in the end Namaida was able to continue training to become a ninja with her friend though. Boruto's actions so far sure have changed the lives of plenty so far though thats a fact. Being a shinobi so that he can continue to be with his friends is an interesting path though. Kakashi being the reporter sire was a surprise though. Looks like the exam will not be a cake walk though.
Dec 1, 2017 6:57 PM

Jul 2016
And so the borefest continues.
Dec 2, 2017 3:52 AM

Oct 2017
pgmhecateii said:
I remember that same disguise from past seasons, but I thought we would get to see Kakashi's face again...guess not.

I did enjoyed Orochimaru showing up, though.

I agree. I was really looking forward to seeing his face too. They completely tricked me when I saw his mask on his face.

I guess the next few episodes will be exiting, I hoped it is more thrilling.
''We have to live a life with no regrets.'' -By Portgas D. Ace
Dec 2, 2017 8:32 PM
Dec 2017
Did anyone else notice a striking similarity between the bald kid who was being interviewed(said he was going to take over the family temple) and Hanzo from Hunter x Hunter?
Dec 3, 2017 10:33 AM
Apr 2016
UrbanJahts said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Well it’s pretty obvious that something is coming... and the very beginning of the show they showed that, I haven’t read the manga so no I wouldn’t know that... thanks for the spoiler 😒

My whole input is based on the animation series Naruto and Boruto alone. So here, thanks for nothing.
Re:formed
Dec 3, 2017 11:35 AM

Mar 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
UrbanJahts said:

My whole input is based on the animation series Naruto and Boruto alone. So here, thanks for nothing.

I don’t really get what your just said... but my first comment about he’ll jist be boring is not about the series it’s about him. Naruto had Sage Jutsu, Rassengan, and him having Kurama inside him had had a lot of interesting powers along with a strong motivation. Boruto has some weird eye thing which hasn’t even come up in a while and he has no motivation sorta like Bleach after saving rukiya, Ichigo had no reason to get more powerful except well I guess I gotta save the soul society... which seems to be the path that Boruto is going on, which to me is boring... though the plot around it may be interesting like you said
Dec 3, 2017 3:30 PM

Dec 2010
I'm starting to love this show. This is the type of fillers that Naruto Shippuden could have had. Not huge arcs of random uninteresting flashbacks from the past.
Dec 7, 2017 2:06 AM

Apr 2012
Yepp Kakashi is here again. I don't really like this look tho.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 139 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2020

28 by Chfenj_ »»
Yesterday, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 135 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

48 by Chfenj_ »»
Jun 5, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 183 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

30 by Tony2Phones »»
Jun 4, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Power comparison

Igris_knight - Jun 3

5 by ezequielatlus »»
Jun 3, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 181 Discussion

Eoussama - Jan 10, 2021

49 by Tony2Phones »»
Jun 3, 2:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.