Forums
New
Oct 25, 2017 12:41 PM

Jan 2014
Halloween is dying out and no kids knock on my door
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 25, 2017 12:42 PM

Apr 2016
Last time i comment your thread i was banned, but whatever.

OT: Not in my country.
Oct 25, 2017 12:51 PM

Jan 2009
all holiday celebrations are dying imo might be because of the slow world economy that a lot of people do not have extra money to waste on celebrations like this

Swagernator said:

lol whats the reason for your ban? and with how much you borderline troll its just a matter of time anyway
Oct 25, 2017 12:56 PM

Apr 2016
isekai said:
lol whats the reason for your ban? and with how much you borderline troll its just a matter of time anyway

Look to my profile comment section, im currently in process of another.
Oct 25, 2017 1:01 PM

Jan 2009
Swagernator said:
isekai said:

Look to my profile comment section, im currently in process of another.

>I posted picture of a kitchen in the "what makes woman woman" thread.

lol i remember that, no fun allowed here and as long as you are not verbally abusing anyone specifically that is not worthy of a ban imo
Oct 25, 2017 1:02 PM
Jan 2013
I want to melt some chocolate and inject it into my penis so hell yeah man
gone bai bai
Oct 25, 2017 1:04 PM

Jul 2012
Well people going outside less may be part of it, or the cost of candy, or maybe they all go to another neighborhood.
Oct 25, 2017 1:05 PM

Jul 2014
Us students love it. Gives us an excuse to get wasted.
Take care of yourself

Oct 25, 2017 1:14 PM

Oct 2017
You ever laced your own halloween candy? classic tradition
Close this World .txEn eht nepO
you are happy 24/7, that is a lie, that is bullshit and i refuse to have somebody tell me bullshit i wanna have an honest

Oct 25, 2017 1:18 PM

Feb 2013
I only carved a pumpkin in my entire life, that's the only Halloween thing I ever did in 28 years, dunno if that's sad or not.
I'm not from US though.
Oct 25, 2017 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
i fucking love halloween even if i'm too lazy to decorate the house (guess my forum sets don't count), loves me some spoopy stuff, pumpkins, and candy. i respect the aesthetics. i respect eerie shit, i respect the color palette.
Oct 25, 2017 1:23 PM

Jul 2012
clearly Myanimelist does :D

... I don't really celebrate it but I love the themed stuff, like pokemon in Halloween costumes
Oct 25, 2017 1:23 PM
May 2015
I'm so over halloween. I miss throwing eggs at people though...
Oct 25, 2017 1:46 PM

Jan 2014
Swagernator said:

OT: Not in my country.

lol was it becz of kitchen that was funny like isekai said that's not worthy of ban , man mal is getting hard from 2015 , it wasn't like this b4

anyway ot maybe i am just getting older so it feels that way
Oct 25, 2017 1:50 PM

Jan 2014
Yeah, people just don't care to go outside anymore lol

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 25, 2017 2:20 PM

Apr 2015
I looooove Halloween and nobody can take that away from me! *-*
Oct 25, 2017 2:35 PM

Sep 2017
Halloween is getting old. Kids prefer to use their gadgets now than having the thrill of halloween.

Meanwhile in business insider - Millenials let halloween die because their kids wont appreciate it.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 25, 2017 2:38 PM

Oct 2015
If thats true, thats sad then. Its the only time people can dress up without being mocked, plus free candy and an overall good time. I cant even celebrate it unlike you lucky people cause i live with my parents still. Im just gonna watch Helling Ultimate and maybe Rick and Morty by myself.
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Oct 25, 2017 3:42 PM

Feb 2016
I never celebrated Halloween in my country so I grew up not giving a damn about it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"The other day I met this man, a nice guy, y'know?
And we had a really good chat. Then I slit his throat and ripped his heart out through his chest.
Does that make me a bad person?"

Oct 25, 2017 3:54 PM

Apr 2016
Trick-or-treating is dying out, probably mostly due to the media convincing people it's "dangerous" and that evil pedos are lurking around every corner or something. Parents just don't let their kids do it, or they take them to one of those "trunk-or-treat" things in a church parking lot.

Halloween in general is still alive and kicking for now, though, as even adults enjoy an excuse to dress up, go to parties, and watch horror movies. Though this might soon be in danger as well, as more and more costumes are deemed "racist," etc. by the perpetually offended.
Oct 25, 2017 5:59 PM

Feb 2013
it is the best time to dress up as pewdiepie
Oct 25, 2017 6:04 PM

Oct 2010
Of course. Dressing up, carving pumpkins, entering contests, decorating the house, baking spooky cookies, going to haunted corn mazes, etc. Halloween is a blast.
Oct 25, 2017 6:07 PM

Nov 2011
I care about the turducken.

Oct 25, 2017 6:20 PM

Sep 2007
TheNeedle said:
even adults enjoy an excuse to dress up, go to parties, and watch horror movies.

Every day is Halloween for me, then. >:3

Oct 25, 2017 7:19 PM

Apr 2014
do little kids care about halloween? if that's your question then I can see it slowly dying out for them
but for anyone over like 15, its a night of fun crazy parties (yes plural, don't be that cuck that stays the whole night at one person's event) and good times
inb4 "I'd much rather stay home and watch chinktoons because I am one of the very very few people that don't find things like that fun and people who do are simply of lower intelligence kek"
Oct 25, 2017 9:17 PM

Sep 2017
ArmodThoroddsson said:
Halloween is dying out and no kids knock on my door

Well, it started as an American holiday, so not sure how its standing in America, but in other countries it was never really even alive to begin with.

R3dPlaty said:
do little kids care about halloween? if that's your question then I can see it slowly dying out for them
but for anyone over like 15, its a night of fun crazy parties (yes plural, don't be that cuck that stays the whole night at one person's event) and good times
inb4 "I'd much rather stay home and watch chinktoons because I am one of the very very few people that don't find things like that fun and people who do are simply of lower intelligence kek"

I am not sure if your post is serious or not. But in my opinion, it is not fun at all. The only things people do on such events is drink alcohol and they do even worse things. Where is the point?

BTW, anyone over 15? I do not think parents will allow a 15 years old kid to go somewhere at night.
Oct 25, 2017 9:32 PM
May 2012
Jinxy said:
I never celebrated Halloween in my country so I grew up not giving a damn about it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

same. they'd just show a bunch of scary shows on tv and that's it.
sad.
Oct 25, 2017 9:39 PM

Jun 2016
spuukiebuugi said:
i fucking love halloween even if i'm too lazy to decorate the house (guess my forum sets don't count), loves me some spoopy stuff, pumpkins, and candy. i respect the aesthetics. i respect eerie shit, i respect the color palette.
This 100%
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.

@TheNeedle Except for the horror movies part (unless that's part of your cosplay) anime conventions are perfect for that!
Oct 25, 2017 10:12 PM
Jul 2018
no more halloween, it seems libtards ruined it, like everything else :p

Oct 25, 2017 10:14 PM

Sep 2014
Hell yeah, free shit. I'm like 36 and in heavy debt, the only time I can get candy is Halloween. It's a good thing costumers are a thing cause a grown ass man begging for candy, people would call the cops.
Oct 25, 2017 11:40 PM
Feb 2014
ITT: People who were rejected to go trick or treating as kids.
Oct 25, 2017 11:43 PM

May 2015
Once I was too old to go trick-or-treating, I stopped giving a shit about the holiday.

Oct 25, 2017 11:45 PM

Sep 2008
I loved at as a kid. Dressing up in a scream mask and throwing eggs was fun as heeellll. Watching horror movies at night was also fun. This day? I Think its pretty dead where i live.
Oct 26, 2017 12:16 AM

Jun 2008
AvaG said:

People like Mark Dice are extremely pitiful...

They see the evil liberal boogeyman literally everywhere they go...

I can't imagine how his life must be.

To him, liberals are what Patriarchy is to feminists...
Oct 26, 2017 12:20 AM

Dec 2012
Halloween is thankfully not celebrated in Australia at least not very much but I won't hand out chocolates if they do knock on my door, I don't feed kids sugary diabetes sorry.

Oct 26, 2017 12:26 AM
Apr 2013
Turnip said:
Halloween is thankfully not celebrated in Australia at least not very much but I won't hand out chocolates if they do knock on my door, I don't feed kids sugary diabetes sorry.

Huh, no wonder there are children skeletons in front of your door.
Oct 26, 2017 12:43 AM
Jul 2018
--ALEX-- said:
AvaG said:

pitiful is seeing problems is halloween costumes lol, what else you guys are come with next, you unhappy pitiful bunch of people
Oct 26, 2017 1:06 AM

Jun 2008
AvaG said:
--ALEX-- said:

pitiful is seeing problems is halloween costumes lol, what else you guys are come with next, you unhappy pitiful bunch of people

Do you think it's only retarded far left idiots who want to censor Halloween???

The Far Right is filled with uptight Moralistic CHRISTIANS who literally think Halloween is a Satanic Holiday...

A lot of them don't just want to censor costumes, they want to censor the ENTIRE holiday!

Stop acting like it's only Leftiesiwho are retarded.
Oct 26, 2017 1:12 AM
Jul 2018
--ALEX-- said:
AvaG said:

The Far Right is filled with uptight Moralistic CHRISTIANS who literally think Halloween is a Satanic Holiday...

A lot of them don't just want to censor costumes, they want to censor the ENTIRE holiday!

yeah fuck christians, but they are not the ones really pushing this kind of crap, its more isolated, and yeah of course leftists are retarded, since when that shit worked wtf.
Oct 26, 2017 1:34 AM

Jun 2008
AvaG said:
--ALEX-- said:

yeah fuck christians, but they are not the ones really pushing this kind of crap, its more isolated, and yeah of course leftists are retarded, since when that shit worked wtf.

What?

Ever been to an evangelical Christian church brah?

I have...YES, they still push this agenda.

And guess what there are MORE Evangelicals in America than retarded SJWs who get triggered by costumes.

You're just stuck in this bubble where everything the Left does is evil and it's only them being that way.
Oct 26, 2017 1:35 AM

Apr 2014
Back in the 80's there were probably some Christians who were doing that.

That whole scene is pretty much gone. The left are the new Church ladies, except without anything to actually base their moral outrage on.
Oct 26, 2017 1:38 AM
Jul 2018
--ALEX-- said:
AvaG said:

What?

And guess what there are MORE Evangelicals in America than retarded SJWs who get triggered by costumes.

You're just stuck in this bubble where everything the Left does is evil and it's only them being that way.

oh lulz, yeah ok then, have fun, goddamn autists :p
Oct 26, 2017 2:05 AM

Jun 2008
AvaG said:
--ALEX-- said:

What?

oh lulz, yeah ok then, have fun, goddamn autists :p

I'm not the one fixated on one side of the political spectrum and make them out to be the cause of all of our current social problems.

But whatever...

Altairius said:
Back in the 80's there were probably some Christians who were doing that.

That whole scene is pretty much gone. The left are the new Church ladies, except without anything to actually base their moral outrage on.

Dude, Christians still do "hell houses" where they invite kids during Halloween time so they can scare the living shit out of them...but their fear tactic isn't monsters it's the fear of going to hell for being sinful.

The reason you don't hear about this so much is because it's mostly done in very conservative areas of the country.

The Deep south like Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, etc....this shit still goes on.

Evangelicals are literally MILLIONS of Americans...and the majority of them disagree with Halloween, they view it as a Satanic and Occult Holiday.

While you people are getting bent out of shape about what some rainbow colored 20 year old snowflake with zero power is saying about "offensive costumes"....Evangelicals continue the "good fight" against SINNERS like YOU and me.

Evangelicals are far more dangerous to America than any college idiot who gets offended by a fucking costume.

I mean...do you see People in Government trying to ban costumes?

Meanwhile, I can show you PLENTY of Evangelical politicians who have tried to ban evolution in schools and replace it with fucking creationism.
Oct 26, 2017 2:28 AM

Apr 2014
--ALEX-- said:
Dude, Christians still do "hell houses" where they invite kids during Halloween time so they can scare the living shit out of them...but their fear tactic isn't monsters it's the fear of going to hell for being sinful.

Based.

The reason you don't hear about this so much is because it's mostly done in very conservative areas of the country.

The Deep south like Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, etc....this shit still goes on.

Evangelicals are literally MILLIONS of Americans...and the majority of them disagree with Halloween, they view it as a Satanic and Occult Holiday.

While you people are getting bent out of shape about what some rainbow colored 20 year old snowflake with zero power is saying about "offensive costumes"....Evangelicals continue the "good fight" against SINNERS like YOU and me.

Evangelicals are far more dangerous to America than any college idiot who gets offended by a fucking costume.

I mean...do you see People in Government trying to ban costumes?

Meanwhile, I can show you PLENTY of Evangelical politicians who have tried to ban evolution in schools and replace it with fucking creationism.

I know there were some local politicians who try to go that far, but even they failed. It's a dead issue.

The PC left is absolutely dominant in our society. You don't get fired for being a communist, heck, for being antifa. No, you get fired for making a racist joke on the internet, and you bake the damn gay cake or the boot of the US federal government comes down on your throat.
Oct 26, 2017 2:57 AM

Jun 2008
@Altairius

You're making terrible examples.

An employer can fire you at will for just about ANY reason.

If you make a PUBLIC statement like "I hate niggers" and a customer finds out...why the fuck would a company put up with the bad PR when you're easily replaceable?!

As for the gay cake thing...that has NOTHING to do with PC culture...and everything to do with a business not being able to discriminate based on sexual orientation.

And if you dare come at me with this religious beliefs bullshit...then let me counter with the following...

Imagine you go to your local deli to buy some ham...but the MUSLIM employee says it's against his religion to touch ham...so he's unwilling to help or serve you.

How is that logical?

You can't use your religion as an excuse to deny someone a service if that's what your job entails.

So if you bake wedding cakes and you want to operate towards the public, you can't deny someone because you don't like that person's sexual orientation.

Or else, don't bake cakes to the public.

Oct 26, 2017 3:04 AM

Apr 2014
@--ALEX-- Sure the Muslim can refuse to do that. He can also be fired (actually, to be honest, he probably can't... if it were a Christian practice then he could be fired though). A man who owns a business can refuse any order for any reason. That is, unless Big Brother brings the boot down (or perhaps, pushes the dildo in).

You've proven my point with the "bad PR" thing. Why is making a single racist statement worse PR than devoting one's life to communist revolution? It's because the PC left controls the institutions, and the culture, for the moment.
AltairiusOct 26, 2017 3:25 AM
Oct 26, 2017 3:38 AM

Jun 2008
Altairius said:
@--ALEX-- Sure the Muslim can refuse to do that. He can also be fired (actually, to be honest, he probably can't... if it were a Christian practice then he could be fired though). A man who owns a business can refuse any order for any reason. That is, unless Big Brother brings the boot down (or perhaps, pushes the dildo in).

You've proven my point with the "bad PR" thing. Why is making a single racist statement worse PR than devoting one's life to communist revolution? It's because the PC left controls the institutions, and the culture, for the moment.

Dude...if a company found out your part of Antifa and customers complain...your ass is out the door too!

A company's ONLY goal is to make money...they don't care what your politics are.

If you are a liability, you are OUT!

You gotta be crazy if you think companies only care about a certain type but not another.

ANY employee is replaceable, you're nothing but a number.
Oct 26, 2017 4:29 AM

Apr 2014
--ALEX-- said:
Altairius said:

Dude...if a company found out your part of Antifa and customers complain...your ass is out the door too!

A company's ONLY goal is to make money...they don't care what your politics are.

If you are a liability, you are OUT!

You gotta be crazy if you think companies only care about a certain type but not another.

ANY employee is replaceable, you're nothing but a number.

Mitt Romney praised antifa. The mayor of Berkeley is antifa. Any company that fired someone for being a member would probably get successfully sued, and there would be lawyers lined up around the block to do it pro bono.

Corporations are some of the most PC places on Earth. It's not the government trying to censor us (in the US, anyway). It's private organizations. There are even several web domain hosts that have gotten political, refusing to host a website because it's too politically incorrect (The Daily Stormer). Naturally, it's not going to stop there.

Of course, the government is the main problem in Europe. "Hate speech" is illegal in basically all of Western Europe. In the worst countries, like Germany, you effectively can't criticize immigration policy in any way.
Oct 26, 2017 5:40 AM

Apr 2015
I think we should ban the "Trunk or Treat" shit. Don't take the joy out of Halloween and give parents an excuse to be lazy and have their kids get candy out of people's goddamn car trunks. What's the fun in that?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 26, 2017 1:23 PM

Jan 2014
CatSoul said:
I think we should ban the "Trunk or Treat" shit. Don't take the joy out of Halloween and give parents an excuse to be lazy and have their kids get candy out of people's goddamn car trunks. What's the fun in that?

We don't have it here , never seen it but lol there are many things to ban and this is not one of them
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Biggest life hot takes?

Rabnawaz2 - 6 hours ago

14 by Astachanna »»
11 minutes ago

» Overly Specific & Stupid Food Rules/Etiquette

vasipi4946 - Jun 12

22 by JaniSIr »»
18 minutes ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again? ( 1 2 )

KiraraFan - May 7

90 by AkeZZZ »»
1 hour ago

» What is one thing your country is famous for that you wish it wasn't ( 1 2 )

MadanielFL - Mar 31, 2023

74 by usvaneko »»
2 hours ago

» Talk to your waifu

EmperorThor - Jan 11, 2023

20 by Maou_heika »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.