Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2017 8:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Final episode is out on CR.

I must say, this was a very fun ride and they actually made this episode feel more thrilling with the conflict of supernatural forces and dragons. Kobayashi takes steps up her game big time to make her point. The dragon fight was dope. I love how Tooru defends Kobayashi in the end. A happy ending too, :3

8/10. Very fun show.
Stark700Apr 5, 2017 8:34 AM
Apr 5, 2017 8:37 AM

Jun 2015
I'm so sad I'm not going to have this show to look forward to every week!! Final episode was great though. A satisfying (and also more serious than usual) conclusion to an extremely fun and lighthearted series. The fight was beautifully animated (I love you KyoAni), and awesome to watch. I'll miss this show. Is there a possibility for a second season? I don't know how much of the manga it adapted, but I'm pretty sure it has been doing well in Japan, which makes me happy. The character interactions and the fun dialogue and situations were such a joy to watch. Probably my favorite of the winter season.

8/10 - such a fun and heartwarming series with very endearing characters :)
FranklyNerdyApr 5, 2017 9:21 AM
Apr 5, 2017 8:51 AM

Jan 2012
Helluva finale, far more serious than usual. Tohru tackling her father and inner insecurities with Kobayashi sticking up for, staying by her side...plus Kanna. XD It's not a perfect solution that's reached, but they'll enjoy the time they have together. As long as it lasts. Anyway yeah, I think I'm gonna hafta place this as best anime of the winter season. A consistently fun, funny, and surprisingly touching series throughout. With solid art, animation, and music(including a fantastic op and ed). The strength of the characters can't be overstated. Watching them interact with one another, whether it was Kanna x Saikawa, Lucoa x Shouta, Kobayashi x Tohru, or what have you was a constant joy. I'll miss it, strong 9/10.
Apr 5, 2017 8:54 AM

Jul 2016
Such a good series, I will miss it. 9/10
Apr 5, 2017 9:02 AM

Jan 2010
This was so heartwarming. Kobayashi's reaction to hearing about Tohru returning home was pretty cute, especially when she ruffled with her hair and stuck up. The following events really showed you how useless she has become without Tohru around. Tohru has really spoiled them all with the food and cleaning. I guess that's just what maids are for~

But the ending was heartwarming nonetheless. I especially loved the interactions between Saikawa and Kanna in this episode.
I think my favorite one in the episode was with the flowers. "My everything.. to Kanna..!!" lol
Kanna must have felt lonely with Tohru's absence and Kobayashi's usual work. Good thing Saikawa was there for her comfort!

Anyways, what a fun series. The atmosphere between the three of them made up a charming family. You can tell Kobayashi is grateful to have Tohru and Kanna in her life. It's reinforced when she actually decides to go home. Perhaps she wouldn't have returned if it weren't for their support (and seeing the tension between Tohru and Tohru's dad).

Fun, fun, fun. If there were to be a S2 I would want to pick it up from where it ended. I want to meet Kobayashi's family!
9/10 😊❤️️
cottonpieApr 5, 2017 9:12 AM
Apr 5, 2017 9:16 AM
Jun 2015
It was a fun, heart warming and also a very emotional anime highlighting the themes of human relationships with also themes of prejudice. However, Shouta and Lucoa's tit running gag as well as kanna attempting to **** Saikawa was slightly inappropriate. Regardless, its a 10/10 anime for me.
Apr 5, 2017 9:17 AM
Jul 2012
Enjoyed it a lot, sad to see it's over :(
Apr 5, 2017 9:18 AM

Aug 2016
That absolutely tore me up. A fitting end to an amazing series. Love won out <3

I'm going to feel empty for awhile now.
Apr 5, 2017 9:18 AM
Feb 2017
Im so sad its over now D:

Kobayashi defenitly took a level in badass though.
Id love to see a sequel and agree with @cottonpie - it should pick up at the meeting with Kobayashi's family!

9/10
Apr 5, 2017 9:19 AM

Dec 2014
final episode was so damn good .. I am so gonna miss this...
Apr 5, 2017 9:20 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Bit of an out-of-nowhere finale considering the content compared to the rest of the series but other than that it was a pretty good way to wrap it up at least
Apr 5, 2017 9:20 AM

Dec 2013
Man this was so enjoyable. I would love another season of this.

Was nice seeing Tohru's relative. Next season we could have more dragons and have Kobayashi say the Omelette Rice was good finally

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Apr 5, 2017 9:21 AM

Sep 2013
Last episode was quite generic, but boy did this show exceed my expectations overall. I'll miss it.
Apr 5, 2017 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
Best show of the winter season. This Episode put Miss Kobayashi over the top.
Art, Animation, Characters, Music, all sheer brilliance.
The Balance of seriousness and comedy was fantastic.
Tohru struggling with her inner self was freaking deep.
Her father showing up and basically creating havoc was pretty cool.

The highlight of the episode was Kobayashi popping off after the father hit her. I was like "Yo! GET HIS ASS KOBAYASHI!!!!!" So powerful!!!!

10/10 and easily best show of the season.

Easily can Make an OVA out of the ending meeting Kobayashi's parents.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 5, 2017 9:25 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Even in the finale, any Kanna x Saikawa outshines the other scenes.

Very good finale of a show that is undoubtedly quality but i really couldn't connect to this show anymore after a while, it just dropped off. That is just me though, basically the last 3-4 episodes were mediocre and the finale was top but not quite enough.

7/10
Apr 5, 2017 9:34 AM

Oct 2013
Man... The moment when Kobayashi learnt from Kanna that Tooru would not come back anymore, and then she readjusted her glasses and her she "scratched" her head I felt really really really bad :(
Apr 5, 2017 9:34 AM

Jun 2015
Very heartwarming finale. Tooru's father appearing was unexpected. He took her back home and then she came back. He got pissed for her not coming back again and both of starting fighting. The fight was very cool. Pretty brave of Kobayashi to stand up against him. Seeing Kobayashi living without Tooru for a while was nice. It wasn't the same without her. This was a good series. 7/10
Apr 5, 2017 9:39 AM

Aug 2016
I really enjoyed this anime. It was colorful, fun, heart warming at times and overall a joy to watch.

The animation is well above average for being a "slice of life" anime. The "fight" scenes and every time they used dragon magic were over-the-top and just plain awesome.

The finale was pretty good, but i was expecting all the other Dragons to come and depend Tooru's decision to stay. That would have been a little ridiculous.

Kobayashi awesome as ever <3

9/10
Apr 5, 2017 9:48 AM

Jul 2014
Honestly, while this finale utilised the dragon side of things much more, it still felt kind of superfluous considering what the rest of the series has been like. Still, there was plenty of evidence of the strengths that have made this show enjoyable and interesting from the very beginning, so in this sense I don't really have much room to complain.

8/10
Apr 5, 2017 10:05 AM
Apr 2017
Enjoyed every seconds of this fantastic series ! Watching this always brings a smile to my face , such a lovely and heart-warming ride ! Gonna miss this so much :'(
Apr 5, 2017 10:13 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Good animation, will miss all them. Was refreshing, and the best so far of spring hahaha even if it is over now. Hope to see more in the future at least an OVA or a second season.

Apr 5, 2017 10:15 AM

May 2012
Fun show and heartwarming end, I'm definitely gonna miss it. It was funny to see how much the father truly cares for Tohru, kinda wasn't expecting that with how Tohru seemed to describe him throughout the anime

I hope there's a season 2 in the future though >_<

Apr 5, 2017 10:20 AM

Mar 2013
Man, it was damn it a fine and intense final episode (especially the fight scene between her father!), I did very loved this series, it was his/her 13 eps worth, and I'd not mind, if sometime a 2nd season coming would^_^!

Hey guys, look this...
Apr 5, 2017 10:22 AM

Jul 2015
Woa, that felt way more serious than the mangaoriginal and had quite an impact. I guess the only complain I have about this show, is that the romance part still remains subtext, but I hope the mangaka will let it become real in the end. Until now you dont know if it remains unrequited/platonic or if it will go beyond that. Minor manga spoilers:

There was a chapter, where another dragon girl appeared (wasnt yet shown in the anime, though most of the stuff was adapted, basically the only thing that was missing beside that was the development of Elma's workplace skills) and she made Kobayashi into a man. It wasnt explained, if it actually worked, but at least the chance is given, that Kobayashi and Tohru actually could have own children that way.

Anyway, great adapation, that shows how awesome the anime medium can be compared to voiceless text and non moving pictures. 9/10.

Dunno about the original, but translated material wont give enough story for a 2nd season yet, but Id love to have a 2nd season with a Yuri conclusion. ^^
Apr 5, 2017 10:23 AM

Jan 2015
That's so "silent" when Tohru isn't home. Feels like Kanna as Kobayashi's daughter. LOL
Seriously, I hope that battle would be more intense more bloody. But oh well, that maybe would need more duration so that's pretty acceptable. And that ending is pretty heart-warming especially the part where Tohru hug Kobayashi just like in the OP.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 5, 2017 10:25 AM

Apr 2016
So it was not Smaug but Saruman at the end. Now give me second season !
Apr 5, 2017 10:32 AM
Mar 2017
I really love this show, since the beginning till the very end. In general, I like the comedy and the "family" theme through the serie. The last episode was heartwarming and sweet, it had also an interesting fight scene and all. Is there any possibility for a second season? Damn man, I'm going to miss this during my luch time each wednesday.
C.
Apr 5, 2017 10:41 AM

May 2010
Good last episode. Overall, this series started good, got very good, turned average but had a decent end. So 7/10
Apr 5, 2017 10:42 AM

May 2016
I feel so empty after this damn I just wanna sleep, anyway this was the best anime of the season for me lovely story touching scenes and comedy was kinda funny 9/10
Apr 5, 2017 10:57 AM

May 2013
this anime is so lovely and cute. i feel the love in this anime far clearly than a typical romance anime,this is true love like family love and it is very beautiful and heart warming. i really like this show 10/10
Apr 5, 2017 10:59 AM

Aug 2013
My god this was more feels than the manga portion. I'm so glad I gave this series a second chance because it was surprisingly touching and endearing even with all the comedy and occasional bits of fanservice. I'm really gonna miss this show. 9/10.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 5, 2017 11:17 AM

May 2014
Its so sad that this series has ended I really enjoy every episode of it I will definitely Tooru and her antics, Kanna's cuteness, Elmas's growling stomach , Lucoa's oppai and Fafnir
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2017 11:20 AM

Mar 2016
best episode by far, i was holding back tears the entire time :C i love this show a whole lot more than i thought i would
Apr 5, 2017 11:22 AM
Nov 2015
i kinda hope for meting iruru and the fighting animation of tohru vs iruru, i honestly kinda disapointed.

but it seem kyonani doing right thing about making more screen about tohru father because in manga its sooo short and not explain everything why tohru father want her to come back. [ reading the manga i kinda want to see more tohru dad btw, so this is good ].

now i kinda mixed felling here, but...........its ok its still great episode with onion in front your eyes...... sooo much onion, its very sad look at kanna thinking about tohru, kobayashi in home alone, cook rice alone & eat alone.......sniff ( poor kanna i want to hug you and pat your head to cheer you up ).

now just hoping for season 2 with iruru can be happen.

10/10
redcobraApr 5, 2017 11:49 AM
Apr 5, 2017 11:25 AM

May 2015
just imagined a movie about kobayashi a few yaers from now on her deathbed while she and tohru are reliving their memories for the past years while kanna gathers everyone they know
while kobayashi holds tohru's hand and says "i had a great life, i'm glad that i met you" tohru also replies with an awkward smile and thanked her in midst of that kanna arrives with the others everyone gathers around her bed, kobayashi pats kanna and smiles and she gazes one time on everyone and says "i'm sleepy, tohru when i wake up i want an omelette rice like the first one you made for me" tohru replies with a cheerful voice and kobayashi gradually lost consciousness while losing the grip of holding tohru's hands. . . .

after the funeral tohru went back to the other world and met her father and he asked "do you regret staying with that human?" tohru replies "it might be painful right now but i don't regret it, the fun times and hard times that i spent with miss kobayashi and everyone else will always stay in my heart and will always be the place where i belong to no matter how many years would pass"
sniff sniff
just release violet evergarden already
Apr 5, 2017 11:26 AM

Sep 2015
Ummm dam it i don't expect this to turn into Clannad After Story

Nagisaaa! oh wait wrong one Tohru!
Into the Internet!
Apr 5, 2017 11:34 AM

Nov 2011
I'm going to miss tchu tchu yay, overall it was amazing.
The family dynamics between Kobayashi, Tohru and Kanna was just so lovely.
Also Kobayashi's salary must be damn good, I mean she could just ask Tohru to fly to her parents home but instead she pays for their tickets like it's nothing so that they can fully enjoy the trip oh my god public transport is so shitty and expensive in my country ugh
The conflict with the father was solved rather easily but I think this was expected since it was the last episode
If not for the kids fanservice I would give this a 10/10
Too bad the show didn't sell that well, a second season would be delightful
horitsubastudentApr 5, 2017 11:46 AM
Baby, daijobanai...
Apr 5, 2017 12:13 PM

Sep 2016
I'll miss this heartwarming show.

8/10
Apr 5, 2017 12:14 PM

Jan 2012
I'm glad that they ended it properly, rather than cutting it off in the middle of something.

However, I'm also somewhat sad because a decent ending like this works with or without a second season and I really want more - which this ending doesn't guarantee.

I really hope this comes back for another season once the manga has made some more progress.
This show is awesome and deserves that much.
Apr 5, 2017 12:21 PM

Aug 2016
Loved the animation and art! Great anime, 8/10!
Nanika ga Okashii
Apr 5, 2017 12:33 PM

Jan 2015
Maaaan, what an anime! 10/10
Apr 5, 2017 12:33 PM
Jul 2014
This is easily one of KyoAni's best works in a while. This episode triggered some fuzzy feelings.

Strong 9/10 from me.
Apr 5, 2017 12:49 PM

Sep 2016
pretty boring episode
overall good anime and fafnir best dragon
8/10
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 5, 2017 12:53 PM

Jan 2016
I can't believe it's over! I'll miss this :C

8/10
THANKS SENPIEX
Apr 5, 2017 1:00 PM

Aug 2015
I think that battle scene was original, though was expecting more of Tohru and Emperor's battle like the Kanna vs Tohru last time. Less Lucoa x Shota-kun moment again but enjoyable series overall, Lucoa best dragon.

8/10
Apr 5, 2017 1:01 PM
Feb 2016
So much feels! KyoAni shows once again that they can make a brilliant anime.
Apr 5, 2017 1:06 PM
Aug 2016
Solid 8 even for me.
Apr 5, 2017 1:11 PM

Oct 2012
Loved every episode, had it's up and downs but overall a very pleasant anime.
I read the manga, still reading, before the anime was announced, and I feel this last episode would've been a lot better if they just made it more like it was done in the manga.

Tohru leaving and all that was just, meh, unneccesary, considering how it was done in the manga felt better.
I do have a feeling I know why they did it this way though, they basically just wanted a last fight.
Manga Spoiler

Easiest way to instigate one in this case was to have Tohru run away again.

Certainly hoping for a second season, and considering how popular both the anime and the manga are, well, it's not impossible at least.
So much I'd love to see animated from the manga.
KatsApr 5, 2017 1:16 PM
Apr 5, 2017 1:17 PM
May 2013
I'd like to see more dragon battles and if possible I'd like to know more about the dragons' rules.

Am I the only one who felt terrified when Tohru's father threatened Kobayashi-san?! Thank you for that amazing scene, and of course for the amazing anime KyoAni.
Apr 5, 2017 1:18 PM
Jul 2014
Sad that the series is over; I enjoyed every episode. A iittle disappointed that we didn't get to see Kobayashi's parents in the end. Maybe in season two, please?
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2017

194 by DoodeDelydoo »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2017

245 by dspr »»
May 4, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2017

189 by MoonlightVT »»
Apr 12, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2017

131 by _untitled »»
Apr 2, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2017

113 by _untitled »»
Apr 1, 7:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.