Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 17, 2016 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah this episode reminds me of Rinne when she was her kinder self during childhood. Looks like her personality is returning to that.

Pretty chill finale. We have all the girls hanging out and Rinne becoming friends with Fuuka again. Sweet way to end the show after all the fighting and drama.
Dec 17, 2016 8:40 AM

Apr 2010
The girls made up and it seems we missed out on the best match.
Well Rinne and Fuuka fighting each other was a nice match as well and they became friends again which is a good thing.
Still i wonder who will win the next fight.
Dec 17, 2016 9:09 AM

Sep 2015
Most likely Einhart won the match against Fuuka, its an of course thing.(Look at the family photo beside the winter cup, Fuuka was in pretty bad shape)

Rinne and Fuuka become good friends again is the focus of the story, not thru talk but thru fists. Their fight opens up the path to family(love), friends(friendship) and past contenders(competition). A rough past, but simply story. Coach's talk about talent is interesting too, Jill is not wrong.

Winner is hinted in the photo,
valvravetruthDec 17, 2016 11:37 AM
Dec 17, 2016 10:44 AM

May 2012
A nice change of pace for the final episode from the drama-filled season. It's nice to see that Rinne's life is back on track, and her relationship with her parents and Fuuka is back to the way it used to be.

I take it Einhart had an overwhelming victory with how beat up Fuuka was? LOL It's too soon to fight your master, Fuuka.

Really liked the final eyecatch and ed card too

Dec 17, 2016 11:39 AM

Feb 2008
Well quite a nice conclusion . :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 17, 2016 12:51 PM
Dec 2013
Personnally i see wound on einhart too. So i think fuuka is the winnmner.
Dec 17, 2016 12:52 PM

Sep 2015
Rinne x Fuuka fixed
Into the Internet!
Dec 17, 2016 2:46 PM
Oct 2015
this was a good conclusion . i couldnt stand jill and rinne at the beginning but now i love em. whoa was rinne introducing her wife to her parents there at the end
Dec 17, 2016 2:59 PM

Mar 2014
where is my final battle ;v; I t's nice and all that Rinne and Fuuka's relationship is finally recovered and everyone happy but want my final battle :c (Even if Einhart shows to be more powerful/chances-to-win than Fuuka but still can show a good battle).
Dec 17, 2016 3:27 PM
Dec 2016
in manga einhart is beaten and kicked her ass by sieg. anime is sucks.
Dec 17, 2016 4:43 PM

Sep 2015
Aww they left us hanging on the finals fight
Dec 17, 2016 7:15 PM

Jun 2015
What a nice and chill finale. I'm happy to see Rinne and Fukka are friends again. I really loved the fights in this series. Good show overall.
Dec 17, 2016 8:03 PM
Feb 2016
Was that a hint at the end that there will be another season?
Dec 17, 2016 8:37 PM

Dec 2008
Akagami21 said:

Eh? If you paid attention, Einhard explicitly said Sieg was holding back and adjusting herself to her level lol.
--
There is no fucking way Fuuka wouldve won vs Einhard. The latter has been mastering Kaiser Arts for her whole life while Fuuka only trained for 6 months? Einhard also has more abilities than Hao Danku Ken, so I have no idea why they just gave a picture hinting that Einhard probably won due to less injuries.

Anyways, 8/10.
Dec 17, 2016 9:30 PM

Apr 2014
well this was a nice little spin off but now to look forward to the 2nd season of Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid come next year

but still vivid strike was really nice and something to hold us over till then really enjoyed it
"one step at a time"
Dec 17, 2016 10:31 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
I really liked this anime has a nanoha fanboy i give 9/10
Dec 17, 2016 11:42 PM

Aug 2013
prob one of my fave animu this season
nice action, nice ending

can't wait for Nanoha Vivid s2 next year
YEAHHHHHHH

8/10
Dec 17, 2016 11:59 PM

Apr 2011
Not bad. I enjoyed this series. As expected, the two childhood friends are now childhood friends again.

Sad that they left out the final match.

It was a fun ride. 7/10

Time to continue Lyrical Nanoha strike.
Dec 18, 2016 1:28 AM

Mar 2012
Worst Spin-off ever and biggest disgrace to Nanoha franchise
2/10
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Dec 18, 2016 1:43 AM

Apr 2012
Just like with Vivid, it was okay, it didn't really blow me away.
Plus Rinne took the damn show from Fuuka.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Dec 18, 2016 2:03 AM

Jan 2011
It was actually pretty decent up to the last 3-4 (Rinne v Fuuka brawl session) episodes where it went on the mend relationship route and at the same time turned, for lack of a better word, stupid.

Again, decent up to this ending. While the ending was expected, it was nice in it's own way I suppose since they decided to focus on Rinne's trauma as the story center. If they do continue it, I'll watch it but if they don't it's forgettable unfortunately.
IZEROIIDec 18, 2016 2:16 AM
Dec 18, 2016 9:19 AM

Feb 2008
Vivio and Einhart probably say something like it's they turn so I would guess a 2nd season for Vivio one.

Allarielle said:
Was that a hint at the end that there will be another season?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 18, 2016 9:25 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah Sieg were holding back, omg I love her voice.
Too bad there weren't many words.
It just a sparring match so matching her level is okay but she indeed had a bit hard time doing that.

Well overall I like anime too bad we couldn't see final match but we all knew that Einhart won in end.
This anime were mostly based on relationships between Fuuka and Rinne

sarroush said:
Akagami21 said:

Eh? If you paid attention, Einhard explicitly said Sieg was holding back and adjusting herself to her level lol.
--
There is no fucking way Fuuka wouldve won vs Einhard. The latter has been mastering Kaiser Arts for her whole life while Fuuka only trained for 6 months? Einhard also has more abilities than Hao Danku Ken, so I have no idea why they just gave a picture hinting that Einhard probably won due to less injuries.

Anyways, 8/10.

Dec 18, 2016 11:33 AM

Mar 2008
In the end it was an average series. One that could have been better, but fell short. I'm not sure about the plan to start off with Fuka as the lead and then basically abandon her for half of the episodes. Only in 3-4 episodes at most do we really get into her head at all. There was a lot they could have explored with Fuka if they dumped the tournament idea (one they didn't really have time to fully utilize anyways). Fuka started out as someone who got into fights with gangs on the streets, was an orphan, had a short temper, some issues with the rich and didn't care for those who looked down on others. They had an opening to really explore the less privileged side of Midchilda society and kind of tossed it.

Rinne herself was the best developed character in the series, but it came at the cost of the person who was supposed to be the main character. Not sure if that was a great plan. I like what they did with Rinne, but feel like they could have done a bit less and spread the wealth out a bit.

It wasn't a bad series. But just one where I feel they didn't take advantage of the somewhat fresh start Vivid Strike was offering to them. I'm glad at least that Fuka and Rinne are now back on track. Heck it somewhat showed where their relationship really was in the past. Fuka was always tough and ready to jump in, but in a lot of ways Rinne was the emotional pillar for that friendship.
Kotori_Sonoda said:
Just like with Vivid, it was okay, it didn't really blow me away.
Plus Rinne took the damn show from Fuuka.

Besides that brief two episode stint where Vivio stole the show away from both of them. By the end of Vivio's fight I kind of forgot that Fuka was supposed to be the lead here.
Dec 18, 2016 10:30 PM

Aug 2012
So I just realised Lutecia's mother cameo'd and got no lines. Was Mai Nakahara too expensive? I feel like I was robbed of some glorious MILF.
Dec 18, 2016 10:43 PM

Oct 2012
Please say that the after ending segment was hinting at another season and not just another hint towards ViVid 2017

It was pretty cute how awkward Fuuka and Rinne were after waking up initially
Pretty nice conclusion, a shame that we didn't get to see the final fight but from the Winter Cup picture Fuuka looked substantially more beaten up than Einhard, so it's very likely that Fuuka lost. Not all that surprising though.
Would have loved to see more Sieg tho, you can never have too much of her.
Even better if they showed actual training fights with her and Vivio/Einhard.

Loved the montage afterwards showing how happy everyone was, Rinne with her family and introducing her future wife to them as well as Rinne bonding with everyone from school and Nakajima gym.

Overall a nice enjoyable spin-off for me. That last end card was hella cute.
I want more Vivio and Einhard stuff!
gust11Dec 18, 2016 10:57 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 19, 2016 2:41 AM

Jun 2013
damn the left out the final fight
Dec 19, 2016 2:45 AM

Aug 2015
Score: 7/10

In detail:

A nice series to follow.
I really liked the development of Rinne and its questioning. :D

I am very excited to see the continuation and especially the fight Fuka - Einhart. (Super cliffhanger)
Dec 19, 2016 9:05 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
After that climatic fight between Fuuka and Rinne its actually really nice to see that Rinne is back to her normal self now. Rinne was finally able to have that heart to heart talk with Jill and now both understand each other and im sure that Rinne will fight ever harder with Jill knowing not to push as hard too. Arguably the talk between Rinne and Fuuka is the centerpiece here and its to see this finally happen. Its also nice seeing that Rinne's attitude has completely changed thanks to the defeat and that she's more forgiving to others.

It was nice seeing what their friends and allies thought of the fight and not to mention their former opponents as well. Seeing Rinne finally find the reason that she's fighting for really makes you happy actually. And seeing that Rinne is now finally back to her old self really puts a tear to your eyes not least Fuuka's. All that struggle and hardship that Fuuka went though to attain this has been successful.

Its nice to see that both Fuuka and Rinne have recovered after that intense fight.

Eins fight outfit though looks pretty cool lol
Like an upgraded version of her school uniform

Lol Rinne and Fuuka were so cute together
especially when Hura came along lol

Its nice to see that Jill has changed somewhat
and actually does care about Rinne now
After recent events this is to be expected
At least Rinne and Jill finally had that talk that both of them needed
and that Rinne will continue to fight for the sport that she likes

Wow the training session between Eins and Sieg was intense
Eins really is powerful
But seeing Eins being inspired by Fuuka's performance really puts a smile to your face.

Lol Both Rinne and Jill are so bad at communicating their inner thoughts though lol

Man the lead up to the finals and the match between Fuuka and Eins though
Man the scenery in the training came is just beautiful and large as well
Rinne's looks just so innocent outside of the ring lol

Hmm Rinne is really well versed in social etiquette eh
its nice seeing Rinne worry about Fuuka's broken teeth
Rinne's personality is very different outside of the ring
But its nice that Rinne and Fuuka finally get the chance to have a real talk
and that Rinne is largely back to her old self

Watching Rinne and Fuuka just calmly eating cake and enjoying it is actually quite relaxing lol
Fuuka's image of Miura and Vivio after Rinne said she wanted to apologize and thank them was lol

Lol so that fight was streamed to those that were close to them eh
Must have been an amazing fight from their perspective though lol
And even to Carrie as well that Rinne treated so horribly
im glad that Carrie seems to have forgiven Rinne though

Seeing all of Rinne's past opponents speak their thoughts and what they gained from their defeats was a nice touch

Seeing Jill readily admit her thoughts about Nove though was a surprise
Its nice to see that they made peace about their different beliefs though
seeing Rinne get back to her parents though was so heartwarming

The lead up to the finals though and seeing all the previous opponents there in the stands though not to mention Miura as well

Lol the miracle Rookie
what a nickname
and man having Rinne there to support her
is great proof to show that they have made peace with each other

Hmm a great end to the series
the credits showing scenes from the anime and what happened after the match was a nice touch and hearing the ending theme that was sung by Fuuka's by Inori Minase who is Fuuka's seiyuu was also well done

The final scene that focused on the photo of the whole cast was a nice touch as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2016 2:34 PM

Dec 2016
I liked up until episode 5 then the wheels fell off for me, and after watching the OVA's I give this 1/10

Main mission was accomplished, Fuuka's words and fists was able to save Rinne and they have become inseparable again. Rinne & Fuuka together in this episode was beautiful. The rection of Rinne's mother when seeing Fuuka was awesome.

Overall I don't really like the way Rinne was used. You see all those medals and trophies with her name on them, who did she really beat to win all them?

Those videos of her past victories in the early episodes were all against random characters. At the start of this series she was hyped up as a near unstoppable monster with a ridiculous win loss record.

But she had to go against her word to beat Miura, then lost to Vivio and Fuuka, in other words she didn't do very well against anyone that was relevant.

She didn't even have a special move. The moment Fuuka looked at Rinne at the end there and saw those beautiful eyes again, a special move could have been born right there and then as Rinne turned into her true self and allow her to get the victory.

I really wanted her to be a winner throughout the series and defeat Einhart and become champion as she she saw the light during that fight with Fuuka and was completely changed from it so it was safe for her to win.

They did a really good job making Fuuka a star but I felt that Rinne could have made into a really big star, she just feels like another character to me now.

I expected more from someone who is the undisputed world #1, for someone who was chasing after Einhart's title and her overall fighting record that was shown to us in the first couple of episodes, she was made to look a lot weaker than she should have been.
LukesYGO_WSonYTOct 18, 2017 4:59 PM
Dec 20, 2016 2:29 AM

Dec 2011
What a load of BS, my most anticipated fight.... They fcking cut my most anticipated fight with load of BS talking ..... Also wth they are streaming Fuuka and Rinne's fight without their permission? I thought the fight supposed to be very personal and all...
Dec 20, 2016 2:39 AM

Jul 2009
Rinne and Fuuka can marry now! Aweee!

For the picture in the end I also think that Einhard was the winner...

6/10 coz I miss NanoFate like crazy!
Dec 21, 2016 2:34 AM
Mar 2012
Trolled us on Einhart fight... I think it's too early to win against Fuuka's mentor.
At least there's confession, head patting reminiscence & hey parents meet my waifu moment.
Tho inconsistent art, there's a lot of fight animation, and pretty good for a sports show. Not sure if better than Bwitches or Tigermask but we'll see.
Dec 21, 2016 11:46 AM
Feb 2016
Was I the only one who didn't read romance into Fuuka and Rinne's relationship? They grew up together, were practically sisters, and were basically each other's only friend for years, not to mention they had a relationship where Fuuka was Rinne's protector for years. I think it's entirely expected for them to care very deeply about each other. Bringing your best friend home seems like a pretty ordinary (if important) thing to do, and I'm sure that it was very important to Rinne to bring Fuuka to visit her grampa's grave.

I also didn't have an issue with Fuuka/Einhart's fight not being featured. Right from the opening scene, we knew the show was about Fuuka reconciling with Rinne, so it just would have been weird to continue after that happened. Fuuka's future holds many more fights, and even though it would have been cool to watch, that was just one more of them. The only problem being the weird interlude the show took in the middle to focus on Vivio, but even that was still part of Rinne's character arc.
AllarielleDec 21, 2016 11:53 AM
Dec 21, 2016 6:19 PM
Dec 2016
can you suggest me an anime/manga catfight scene with lots of broken bones or doing submission moves.

i've already watched and read the following;

vivid strike(anime/manga)
ikki tousen,(anime/manga)
tenjo tenge,(anime/manga)
Dai Mahou Touge/Magical Witch Punie-chan,(anime)
Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai,(anime/manga)
burn up scramble,(anime)
yawara,(anime)
mnemosyne,(anime)
mermaid lovers(manga)
cynthia the mission(manga)
hustle(manga)
giri giri purin(manga)
fighting beauty wulong(anime)
dethrone(manga)
change 123(manga)
teppu(manga)
the last girl standing(manga)
natsuki crisis(anime/manga)
tokyo esp(manga)
Dec 22, 2016 1:06 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Not much better than Vivid. I felt that Fuuka and Rinne were rehashed versions of Nanoha and Fate, even their designs are very similar. In general, I do not like the direction the franchise took, with putting so much emphasis on the martial arts. I thought there was going to be some sort of villain in this season but no, it was exactly the same as Vivid. At least with Force, even though badly written, there was more interest, plus Fate and Nanoha existed around. Here, they are not even mentioned.

I feel disappointed. I guess I should place more hope in the 3rd movie, since it is not going to focus on some tournament, at least.
Dec 22, 2016 5:19 PM

Oct 2008
OK, it ended without showing whose the champion...Einhart or Fuuka?
OK, when will Rinne and Fuuka marry??
4/5.
7/10.

Dec 22, 2016 5:47 PM

Feb 2014
"I was having fun when training with you, coach"
Ye, throw up during training is really something else.... C'mon...

Finally it's over.

Didn't like they way they managed this season.

They exaggerated in many things:
Bully (aside the backstories in many of the episodes, episode 04 was purely 20 minutes of it with a "cute" scene in the end... as expected from this franchise... no, I think not); too melodramatic; overuse of gore (blood etc) scenes and violence to catch viewers attention and etc.
Damn, those backstories always cutting the fight scenes was really, really annoying.

Unfortunately, I couldn't enjoy this season the same way I enjoyed all the others, I'm sad. =(

5/10
TechOtakuDec 22, 2016 7:04 PM
Dec 22, 2016 10:21 PM

Aug 2008
Last two episodes were a drag for me. There was only one important character development in 11, and then it ran out of steam.

Lame that they left out the fight with Einheart, but I could understand if it was because they blew their budget. At at least they didn't pull an NGE.

Writing on the earlier episodes was good, some great storyboarding.

Glad that this was adapted.
Nanoha is real when it is brutal, and they kept it real this time around.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Dec 29, 2016 9:00 AM

Apr 2014
Well that's a nice one for a finale.
And It's an enjoyable show overall.
So I'll rate this anime a 7 out of 10.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jan 8, 2017 10:20 AM
Jul 2008
I did not have any expectation at first, I even don't really like the 'martial arts' thing. I prefer when they fight using magic.

But unexpectedly this is more enjoyable than Nanoha Vivid. While I like it mostly because of the brutal Rinne past episode, the fights were actually enjoyable and the last fight when they removed the rules are even more satisfying. Vivid Strike is much more brutal than Nanoha Vivid with bones cracking here and there.

I forgot about the most of characters in Nanoha Vivid.. I hope the 2nd season will freshen me again.
Jan 12, 2017 3:13 PM

Jan 2011
It turned out okay in the end, even if most fights had some scenes that were quite forced, where a more natural flow that would have lead to the same outcome was available.

I think given what they showed us in the fight of Fuuka vs Rinne, and Einhart training in the back there, and what we know from the main show of Nanoha's fight..in a few years, Fuuka will be ready to participate in the ZOTT.
Jan 28, 2017 2:18 PM
May 2009
Pretty disappointing anime. It went good till after the Rinne backstory, but then they destroyed her character completely. The badass fighter got her ass handed to her in every single fight, quite contrary to the way she was shown to us before the tournament.
The way she was portrayed was a very strong talented fighter, but pretty much nothing of that showed in the fights.

4/10
Apr 8, 2017 9:24 PM

May 2009
Ah, this series brings back the focus on characterization and humanizing the antagonists that was a core of the Nanoha series. And it's still good, of course.

Excellent story, catchy OP, emotional and often quite poignantly appropriate ED.

Fuuka and Rinne clearly remind us of Nanoha and Fate yet they're also clearly unique characters themselves.

Enjoyed this a lot. :) Cried too, of course.

Kinda amused at how they didn't show who won that last match. Considering that Fuuka looks more roughed up, Einhart probably did, but we'll never know for sure I guess. :P It's an elegant ending.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Aug 24, 2017 9:59 PM

May 2012
Well this wasn't all too shabby, pretty decent "ending" to this series.
I do wonder why this anime does have the genre: sports as this pretty much is regarding fighting sports... but well still a pretty decent anime side story if you ask me.
Jan 29, 2019 2:49 PM

Nov 2012
They ruined Rinne's character, this is garbage.

My Candies:

Nov 24, 2019 11:04 PM

Nov 2008
The fights themselves were the same as I remember when I watched it week to week when it first aired (they hold up quite well imho) ; glad Rinne got 'refriended' lol that is the Takamichi and by expanse the MSLN way ^-^ still an enjoyable series (still curious back why in 8 they censored Nanoha and Fate but that confused me back than too lol) and with said refriending they are back to the way they were, and of course stronger bonded than ever (kinda wish she had simply contacted Fuu a bit earlier on or didn't misjudge Vivio so easily as the help was there but yeah) But..

I also felt the same about 'Coach Vicarious' (and the series as a whole but here is just 'Coach') and yeah I do despite how it ended I think Jill is a lousy coach. In the sense that coaches are in this verse anyway. Ignores their Fighters needs and pushes them in training further than is called for. Rather than teaching its drilling without care for the sake of herself. Her 'redemption' is forced and dumb she knew she had a VERY troubled student did nothing to even approach fixing it (in fact one could argue it was made worse. It took the fights with Vivio and the brawl with Fuu-chan to 'be' and 're' friend her) because...she was afraid shed lose her cash cow because 'she might not have the drive (or same drive) to fight'.
sirwenceNov 24, 2019 11:11 PM
Mar 9, 2020 11:39 PM

Sep 2016
The ship is strong here.

They ruined Rinne's character, this is garbage.

You mean fixed it.
bruh
Jan 8, 2021 6:38 PM
Mar 2017
It's all about Einhart using Fuuka since the first episode to destabilize Rinne, this way Einhart can guarantee victory, since she knows Fuuka's moves. Btw i liked the episode, and this "new" Rinne is very cute. Sorry for my bad english
Mar 8, 2021 1:02 PM
Aug 2017
I think that's the best final this anime can have, also, the battle between Fuuka and Einhart is not shown because it's not the focus of the anime.

My overall score: 8/10.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2016

115 by cristinacke28 »»
Apr 21, 4:26 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

46 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

37 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:56 PM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 3 Discussion

ixarising - Oct 15, 2016

47 by Animelover875 »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

67 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Apr 24, 2023 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.