Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 4, 2015 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That looked like a date between Ritsuka and Mage. His theme song and style seems a bit ridiculous imo, hard to take seriously.

Mage can fight though, not sure where he learned those skills...but I guess being a demon makes him a natural? Probably the most badass character in this series so far. Still hard to trust him though. Oh yeah, Ritsuka looked adorable in this dress imo:
Nov 4, 2015 8:36 AM

Nov 2007
Brother is popular. Poor dog... She got carried by delinquent looking guy during the class. He's very honest to admit about him being devil. The ring protected her from the attack, then his song about his determination to get "Crimoware" and how he's popular when getting into his space to date.

Is that Cantonese (doesn't sound like Mandarin Chinese at all) those guys speak that she met when she was going to escape? President guy came to the rescue. When she asked if he's really devil, he admitted, saying she's just a part of his plan. Delinquent guy came to get her again, and tries to make her feel well. Sweet smell and tear from her?! Does that mean...? Brother with red eyes... is he vampire (or somehow got vampire's power during grandpa's research?)?

M looking guy (Hirakawa-san's character) next.
tsubasaloverNov 6, 2015 12:05 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 4, 2015 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
Lindo is sure so popular.

We got Mage this week!

Apr 2014
The cringes of the cringes.

Sep 2012
@tsubasalover: As someone who speaks Cantonese, I can say that I couldn't tell what they were saying either (or if they were speaking in Mando/some other language altogether). Clearly, whoever voiced those lines isn't fluent.

Appearance-wise, Mage is far from my type, but I found him funny and endearing (plus it was cute how he got all red during the beach scene LOL). Again, I'm so thankful for Ritsuka. This show wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable as it is if it weren't for the fact that she actually has a will of her own and some common sense. I'm waiting for Rem to say that Ritsuka's not just a pawn to him and I'm also hoping this show will get actual closure at the end, and that Ritsuka will actually end up with a guy (*COUGH* REM). Please give me a touching confession scene, Rejet.
Nov 4, 2015 10:48 AM

Jan 2008
Where on Earth is Mage Nanashiro?!

F___ said:

His song was godawful, though.

Teehee, I listened to all character songs and I'm totally on the other side of the fence: only Mage's is cool (English translation where). The rest is just eh. Weeeeell, I guess Lindo's would be good if he didn't sing about how apparent it is that he wants to bang his sister.

Mage is the best pony, he came and saved this show with flair. Rem and Lindo tried again with their boring antics but noooo, ore-sama let his hair loose and yeah, ride that car. God, just ditch everybody already and make this show Dance with Mage or something. I'd watch whole anime about him and Ritsuka in every part of the world. Maybe even give them some mystery show. That's otome I'd play the hell out of!
Nov 4, 2015 10:55 AM

Feb 2015

Blushing Ritsuka is cute. :>

Lol what's up with Mage getting all flustered.

Doesn't this pretty much confirm that Lindo is a vampire? Also, I like that possessive streak he has over Ritsuka.
Seems like next episode will be about that creep Shiki. HYPE XD

SchwingBonerNov 4, 2015 11:01 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2015 11:08 AM

Feb 2014
Something about this ep has just made me jump ship from exorcist oniisan to mage <3 new OTP. Mage blushing was cute!

Woo! Shiki is up next
Nov 4, 2015 12:02 PM

Aug 2015
So much to like about this ep. Nice glimpse at what the devil boys look like in their true form.

I really like Mage for how upfront he is about everything and how he just doesn't give a damn about doing whatever the hell he wants.

Shiki brushing the dog was hysterical.

Really wondering about Lindo...those red eyes.

Way to be a heart breaker and dream crusher Rem! Still have hope that he doesn't really think of her as just a pawn.

I really like Ritsuka, love it when she talks back to the boys.
Nov 4, 2015 12:55 PM

Dec 2012
Ok,the muscle dude was surprisingly funny and not a jerk how he seemed to be. His song was catchy too

Sooo hottest guy is coming up next
Nov 4, 2015 1:21 PM

Mar 2013
God, Mage's song was SO embarrassing lmao. He's definitely best boy though. I appreciate how he's true to his nature, but also has that bad boy vibe of "is a jerk to everyone but the one he loves, who he's hella sweet on". Seeing him blush was worth it too...

Shiki really creeps me out though, so I'm really not looking forward to next week. He's such a fucking weirdo.
Nov 4, 2015 1:46 PM
Oct 2015
The next episode'll be the best, as it stars Shiki...By watching the preview, I can tell Shiki is even more yandere than I already thought. Unbelievable, but that's exactly what I wanted. "We'll be together forever. Otherwise...I'll kill you." Hell yeah! We need more male yandere characters!
Nov 4, 2015 2:00 PM

Jul 2013
God, Mage, I already thought that you were freaking hot, but now you are cute too? Can you be anymore perfect thant that? I just love how he selfishly kidnaps Ritsuka with zero f*cks given and just decides, that she is his. And his "Ore-sama". Perfect! How can you not love him?! That song though ^^"

Also Rem was kinda strange this episode. Liked him more before ...

I'm so looking forward to next episode with Shiki and his yandere mode, this is just so sexy <3

Overall didn't think that I would enjoy it this much but DwD is awesome so far!
"The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes."

Nov 4, 2015 2:08 PM
Oct 2015
straggy said:
God, Mage's song was SO embarrassing lmao. He's definitely best boy though. I appreciate how he's true to his nature, but also has that bad boy vibe of "is a jerk to everyone but the one he loves, who he's hella sweet on". Seeing him blush was worth it too...

Shiki really creeps me out though, so I'm really not looking forward to next week. He's such a fucking weirdo.
[quote=ultimateperson]He seems pretty much fucked in the head, but that's why I like him. I like twisted characters. There's something horribly wrong with him...[quote]
Nov 4, 2015 2:24 PM

Apr 2014
mage is cute getting aroused is my fav from now on...
so cute cute cuteeeeeeee
Nov 4, 2015 2:28 PM

Dec 2014
All I have to say is I'm REALLY looking forward to the next ep, because Shiki = best guy.
Nov 4, 2015 3:54 PM

Mar 2008
I like seeing Mage blushing. I love seeing tough characters like that!

Also kudos to Ritsuka that kept saying "no". That's better than most retarded shoujo anime/manga characters.

Exorcist onii-chan is still my favourite tho.
Nov 4, 2015 4:16 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Next time you take an interest in some girl, just kidnap her casually and force her to say she's yours. When it doesn't work, simply break into a song and even taste her sweet tears if you have to. That'd surely make her madly fall in love with you, since it's the way of oh so mighty and haughty Mage-sama.

Or maybe, the reverse will occur and you'd be the one falling for her even deeper.

Yandere creepy guy gets the spotlight next week. I don't get how some people are saying he's sexy or best guy.. If anyone, it should be Nii-san.

Nov 4, 2015 4:18 PM

Sep 2014
Next week will be interesting, next week's guy is the only one that's caught my interest so far.
Nov 4, 2015 4:50 PM

Sep 2014
Its TOMA Time next week!!! Im ready for some cages!
Nov 4, 2015 5:29 PM

Jan 2014
Shiki brushing the poor dog was hilarious. Pulls out fur, continues to use it to stuff random teddy bear. :')
Nov 4, 2015 8:15 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Oresama guy wasn't as bad as I thought he would be, he did seem pretty cute when he blushed. Still not my type of guy though. His rap was terrible too, so much second-hand embarrassment. I listen to rap occasionally, and I wouldn't even call this a rap, lol.

And looks likes Lindo is more than just an exorcist?

Machination said:

Please no drugging this time x_x Shiki seems like a creeper, but not insane like Kaname, at least.
Nov 4, 2015 9:14 PM

Aug 2012
I started this episode thinking that I'd hate Mage's character but I actually really liked him. Especially towards the end of the episode where we saw a softer side to him. There were a couple of good laughs this episode with Shiki bullying the pomeranian and Mage dropping Ritsuka into the ocean on accident. Not to mention the fight scene at the end was pretty cool, I've had a few theories about Priest onii-chan since last weeks episode. But only time will tell if my theories are correct.

Mage is my second best boy for now. ;)
Nov 4, 2015 10:51 PM

Oct 2011
Mage episode OMG

His song 0____0 Whoa dat rap

Hmm the food they ate. Fired Rice, Yumcha. Dumpling etc

Cantonese !!!! 0___0
" You bastard. Who do you think you are?"

Rem saving the day but Mage took her away.
Dat sunset Awww
Lindo was going to kill him but Ritsuka stopped it
SHIKI AHHHHH
AnimeFan500Nov 4, 2015 11:03 PM
Nov 5, 2015 2:18 AM

Oct 2014
Woaaaaaah, Mage, Mage, Mage, Mage...
I know some of you may hate me for this but...

Omg a jerk .________. I hated his personallity..
but well, t was great finally get to know him a little bit more? ^^''

And I guess we can say after this episode for sure that there's something going on with Lindo-nii san....those red eyes ??? ;o; Looking forward to find out what that's about!!

Looking forward to next episode, we are gonna see the creepy funny guy! yes! XD
Nov 5, 2015 3:19 AM
Oct 2015
Vindstot said:
Next time you take an interest in some girl, just kidnap her casually and force her to say she's yours. When it doesn't work, simply break into a song and even taste her sweet tears if you have to. That'd surely make her madly fall in love with you, since it's the way of oh so mighty and haughty Mage-sama.

Or maybe, the reverse will occur and you'd be the one falling for her even deeper.

Yandere creepy guy gets the spotlight next week. I don't get how some people are saying he's sexy or best guy.. If anyone, it should be Nii-san.
Nah, the best guy's indeed the yandere creepy guy. Nii-san's kinda boring, but not bad thou.
Nov 5, 2015 3:24 AM
Oct 2015
Machination said:
ultimateperson said:
Best.Comment.Ever.
Nov 5, 2015 3:26 AM
Jul 2018
Dayum, Mage was so cute when he blushed!

Lol Shiki is.. so creepy.
Nov 5, 2015 3:42 AM

Jan 2014
Well that was an interesting way to develop the secondary characters. Mage didn't exactly became likeable to me, but at least it created something to look forward too.

Rem admited the truth, but I guess that's only the truth he believes on. Obv he is growing concerned for her. Only time will tell how this will develop.

As for Lindo, well................no comment there. Between Devils and a Siscon, there isn't much stability for Ritsuka eh?
Nov 5, 2015 4:32 AM
Mar 2010
Mage has become #2 for me! Onii-sama is still #1 but Mage is very close. I thought he'd be boring but if he was adorable (except for the demon part where he tried to kill her lol). For what it's worth, he was honest about his intentions and in his own way, tried to make Ritsuka happy.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Nov 5, 2015 4:44 AM
Feb 2015
straggy said:

SAME. And I have a soft spot for boys who blush. Shiki is probably my least favourite guy among them.
---
By the way, I can confirm that those bad(?) guys are kind of speaking Cantonese. At least the old guy does. He says, "who are you really...." at the end. But I can't figure out what the other guys are saying. It sounds like gibberish.
---
ultimateperson said:
Machination said:
ultimateperson said:
Best.Comment.Ever.

DAMN LMAO
mei-hymNov 5, 2015 5:55 AM
Nov 5, 2015 5:10 AM

Jan 2008
That song... Mage... wow...

I loved how awkward Ritsuka looked during that. I shared her views. Song wasn't bad though, just very... chuuni.

Also... the beach scene was hilarious, but the BGM was great.
DmonHiroNov 5, 2015 5:15 AM
Nov 5, 2015 6:29 AM

Jan 2013
Oh my god, Mage. Instant fav.

And he's not even such a jerk! This is reverse harem, right? I'm confused. I'm kidding, but you know.

This episode pretty much confirmed that Lindo is a vampire, I guess.
Nov 5, 2015 7:47 AM

May 2014
Ok now Im starting to see the harem
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Nov 5, 2015 8:31 AM

Jan 2008
F___ said:
Ciara said:

Teehee, I listened to all character songs and I'm totally on the other side of the fence: only Mage's is cool (English translation where). The rest is just eh. Weeeeell, I guess Lindo's would be good if he didn't sing about how apparent it is that he wants to bang his sister.

The character songs on YouTube are actually different from the ones they sing in the anime. They changed the lyrics to all of them! Lindo's original song is waay better than the anime version! about mage's song, rap isn't my cup of tea :p

Yeah, I noticed, but after listening to anime version of Lindo's song first, the lyrics about "feeling something more about her along the years" is engraved in my head forever. And it's curious because I'm not a rap person myself, but Kimura Subaru pulls it off nicely, he has awesome voice :D Also let's be honest: I'm liking it for it actually-not-butchered-this-time English. ... Well, most of the times. I suppose that even if a seiyuu has mixed heritage and he's fluent in English, they still won't change lines like "say Mage is the great".

Girls, Toma already happened in this and he's called Lind(t)o. Chained windows and forcing girl to stay home is not that terribly far from locking in cages, duh. Shiki so far feels vanilla in comparison. Diabolik Lovers cast reject at best, altough IMO he still has a long way to go.
Nov 5, 2015 8:52 AM

Feb 2015
Mage needs some serious dating advice. Cute episode but the song was... um, well delinquent-y?!
Nov 5, 2015 9:44 AM

May 2014
This was probably my favourite episode so far...I feel like Rem and Lindo are so boring, why are the main guys of reverse harems always boring?!
*COUGHapart from OHSHC TamakiCOUGH*.

Mage feels like a breath of fresh air in comparison- I love how he just kidnapped Ritsuka to try and woo her into falling for him...but then he falls for her instead (although any girl would run a mile if a guy sang that song to them haha, seriously it was godawful ^^'')

But bonus points for his tsundere side, and being smoking hot also helps... so he's best guy for now imo ;)

Extremely looking forward to Shiki's epi next week though, and also wondering what Azuna's deal is since she seemed to know Lindo and wasn't affected by Mage's spell...maybe she's an exorcist or something?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2015 6:09 PM

Jul 2012
That was fucking hilarious omfg
It was so fun to watch. Mage is so goddamn dumb and funny XD
His hairstyle after he fell into the water ♥

I didn't care for his song. lol It was funny but meh.

SHIKI EPISODE NEXT WEEK! I CAN'T WAIT
HIRARIN, COME AND BLESS MY EARS.

chisuru said:
@tsubasalover: As someone who speaks Cantonese, I can say that I couldn't tell what they were saying either (or if they were speaking in Mando/some other language altogether). Clearly, whoever voiced those lines isn't fluent.
I'm also fluent in Cantonese (can't speak but I can comprehend by hearing) and I have no idea what they said lol.
It wasn't Mando for sure (also fluent and can speak that)
Nov 5, 2015 11:40 PM
May 2015
WTF they made Lindo a student, don't them creator ever thought about that he maybe too old to even be a student, they should have jaz made him a teacher in Ritsuka's class.

Ritsuka should have used her ring to her advantage.

Mage rocks.
Nov 6, 2015 12:00 AM

Nov 2007
F___ said:
tsubasalover said:
Brother with red eyes... is he also devil (or somehow got devil's power during grandpa's research?)?

I thought they mentioned earlier in the series that vampires posses red eyes.

Sorry, fixed that. I was thinking it's either vampire or devil (those two).

chisuru said:
mayukachan said:
I'm also fluent in Cantonese (can't speak but I can comprehend by hearing) and I have no idea what they said lol.
It wasn't Mando for sure (also fluent and can speak that)

Thank you very much, both of you. I'm fluent in Mandarin Chinese and heard of Cantonese before, so I wanted to make sure if it was Cantonese. I'm sure it's definitely not Mandarin Chinese.
tsubasaloverNov 6, 2015 12:05 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 6, 2015 2:16 AM

Feb 2012
After this episode, I'm liking Mage a loooot. Best guy among the bunch so far.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Nov 6, 2015 4:09 AM
May 2007
Mage said:
Blow off those creeps, Rem, Urie, and Shiki

That attitude forcing me to choose him over the others. Manly much.

F___ said:
La_Matona301 said:
WTF they made Lindo a student, don't them creator ever thought about that he maybe too old to even be a student, they should have jaz made him a teacher in Ritsuka's class.

Lindo's actually a year older than Ritsuka. He's 17 years old ( last year of high school, I guess ).

Lindo said they were gonna tell Ritsuka the truth before her 17th birthday so I guess she is still 16.
Lindo doesn't look that old maybe because he sounds/acts mature? He likes to cook and do all the housework.
Nov 6, 2015 4:55 AM
May 2007
F___ said:
Lindo does look his age, imo. I think studying abroad has taught him to be self-sufficient and independent? And according to Ritsuka, he's always had a knack for cooking 😃

All look their age it's hard for me to pick a favorite, I prefer older looking guys and Lindo doesn't look too old for me.
If you go to @Lind_SHS, he does really love to cook. I wonder if he wants to become a husband chef one day.
Nov 6, 2015 5:00 AM

Jul 2012
Shadow-Chan said:
I wonder if he wants to become a husband chef one day.
He's qualified to be mine ;)
Nov 6, 2015 6:04 AM

Oct 2006
Wow, I didn't expect Mage to be a quite a fun character. In fact, he totally reminded me of a hot-blooded antagonist you find in shonen mangas....in a good way.

So the next episode will obviously be the yandere, but I sort of hope that can pass and we get on with the story, sigh!
Nov 6, 2015 11:46 AM

Sep 2015
Poor Ritsuka. She's surrounded by so many despicable people, including her brother. She learns the truth about the student council, and sees a side of her brother she's never seen before.

And we definitely saw how arrogant Mage is. Even his song displayed his arrogance in full force.

There had been something bothering me about the animation for a while, but I hadn't quite put my finger on it. As I watched today, I realized my problem is that most of the characters have such a vacant and distant look to them. Unfortunately, this only causes me to not become terribly invested in any of them. It's hard to care when they're designed to look so distant.
Nov 6, 2015 12:39 PM

Jan 2014
"Yankee dude is the first to fall in love with the heroine" cliche.
Nov 6, 2015 1:47 PM

Jan 2008
Rem, the cold, calculating one: actually passionate and holding back his emotions.
Urie, the charming ladies man: actually a lying, manipulative snake.
Lindo, the protective older brother: actually obsessive and a possible threat to Ritsuka.
Mage, the macho, arrogant bastard: actually the most straight forward and so far the nicest and most innocent. Only one to actually try winning Ritsuka over.
The dog was supposed to fill the cute little brother role: actually might be the most dangerous.

So far... this show surprises.
Nov 6, 2015 9:28 PM

Mar 2015
moeanao said:
Mage blushing was the cutest thing. And he's so hot wow. This ep made me like him a little more.

But seriously I'm not a big fan of how everyone is like "she's mine/imma make u mine". Like, she's not a thing.

legit all my thoughts haha.
Nov 6, 2015 10:15 PM
Sep 2014
Lol Mage is so my type.. but that song was just...-cringes- dayum...good thing he looks good enough to ignore it......still sticking with Shiki doh...I'm scared to hear him sing >_>;;;...just no more rap plz dear God...Its annoying how souless Ritsuka is, what is she, a toy to claim...
KanohaneNov 6, 2015 10:25 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Dude ( 1 2 )

genesic123 - Oct 24, 2015

73 by Some_Viewer »»
Jun 2, 10:58 AM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2015

72 by Elizabetty »»
Apr 5, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

79 by Kyarrific413 »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:02 AM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

43 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 12:02 PM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2015

64 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.