Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 9 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 28, 2015 11:43 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah nice. Tsubasa gets her shine this episode. She's one of my favorite characters so it's nice to see that!

Felt kind bad for Tsubasa at first by getting her ass kicked but I think her friends (particular Maria) managed to motivate her. I think she shares some good on-screen chemistry with her and they are quite close, at least more than she had thought.

What a boss

And lol, a familiar face spotted.
Stark700Aug 28, 2015 1:06 PM
Aug 28, 2015 11:55 AM

Apr 2015

Literally my face when I saw the ending.
That was unexpected.

Aside from budget issues AND daddy issues, at least we got our favorite hero back, and Tsubasa's new move is glorious.
One more doll to go and we get the serious stuff?
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Aug 28, 2015 1:26 PM
Jun 2013
S3, the season of daddy issues lol.
Still good overall, though i found the cameo entrance at the end strange tbh.
Aug 28, 2015 1:54 PM

Aug 2010
Sugita is back lol
Aug 28, 2015 2:16 PM

Sep 2014

This is suddenly very relevant
Aug 28, 2015 2:20 PM

Mar 2011
TYxTxYT said:

That was unexpected.

Aside from budget issues AND daddy issues, at least we got our favorite hero back, and Tsubasa's new move is glorious.

Same here too, holy cr*p
He's back... WITH

Now seriously, Tsubasa's song with Ignite sounded very badass
So obviously Leiur will get killed by Chris, if I'm not mistaken, Trust Heart might sound cool with the Ignite mix
Aug 28, 2015 3:16 PM
Jan 2012
So basically Tsubasa's 'father' (brother) pushed her away so she'd go be an idol rather than become some kind of weird pawn to her 'grandfather's' (father) sick bloodline scheme. Can't help but think they'd be a better way of doing that. Kind of messed up. idk if it was mentioned before but it would seem grandfather is now dead, since father is head, which I assume happened about 10 yrs ago. Is the mom dead or exiled by the husband or what?
Carol's reaction was great.
Chris_PirtleAug 28, 2015 3:24 PM
Aug 28, 2015 3:30 PM

Sep 2008
YES YES YES YES A MILLION TIMES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

So called it (well not like this, but he still appeared). Carol's expression at the end was fucking priceless.

Beyond the Blade (Ignited) sounded really different from the original, unlike Just Loving.

The whole dad relationship unfolded as cliched as cliches go but god this is SYMPHOGEAR!
ThespacepopeAug 28, 2015 3:33 PM
Aug 28, 2015 3:34 PM

May 2013
I like how Symphogear doesn't care that Ahnenerbe was in fact a Nazi organisation, founded by Heinrich Himmler himself and later part of the SS :D
VentrisAug 28, 2015 3:44 PM

Aug 28, 2015 4:19 PM

Dec 2011
I LOVE TSUBASA SO MUCH?? IM SO HAPPY SHE GOT AN EPISODE LIKE THIS SLFLKJFDS SHE IS SUCH A BADASS
AND NANA'S VOICE?? THAT SOUNDTRACK DAMNN
Aug 28, 2015 5:04 PM
Oct 2014
Hikari_Hoshisora said:
TYxTxYT said:

That was unexpected.

Same here too, holy cr*p
He's back... WITH

Now seriously, Tsubasa's song with Ignite sounded very badass
So obviously Leiur will get killed by Chris, if I'm not mistaken, Trust Heart might sound cool with the Ignite mix

Wow. He's baaaack! And he's looks more crazier than the pic above!

Wonder what crazy chemical mixture will be created when that chaotic formula is added in this already messed up recipe!
Aug 28, 2015 5:46 PM

Jun 2013
oh come on that maniac is back
Aug 28, 2015 6:43 PM

Oct 2013
TYxTxYT said:

>"u wot m8"
>Your Face When: The Villian from the preivous season returns and you are no longer this season's main villian.

So, Carol can resurrect herself, Dr. Ver can come back out of nothing, Fine was reincarnated instantly....

But Kanade is still dead, that's just sad.
______
Overall a good season, somehow they manage to do it with such a low budget.
But now everybody's dad is Gendou Ikari.
Aug 28, 2015 7:56 PM

Aug 2008
TYxTxYT said:

That was unexpected.

At this point, the makers of the third season were keen on making every episode have a fucking big cliff-hanger at the end. The episodes have been ending in nothing but cliff-hangers lately. I wonder what's next.

Hmm, but this episode has had pretty heavy tones. Hibiki's dad and Tsubasa's... erm uncle/father.

Actually all the three original mains have had family issues.

For starters, Chris becoming an orphan in a rather violent way (parents getting murdered while doing humanitarian work overseas).
In Hibiki's case, her father abandoned she and her mother at their most time of need, and doesn't seem much remorseful.
In Tsubasa's case, her biological father is actually her grandfather, while whom she thought of her father all along turns out to be her biological uncle. At least, it's shown that he pitied her situation and cared for her as well.
Aug 28, 2015 8:18 PM

Apr 2015
Genix said:

In Tsubasa's case, her biological father is actually her grandfather, while whom she thought of her father all along turns out to be her biological uncle. At least, it's shown that he pitied her situation and cared for her as well.

Not uncle, it would make them brother & sister.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Aug 28, 2015 8:30 PM
Apr 2014
TYxTxYT said:
Genix said:

Not uncle, it would make them brother & sister.

Holy f*ck... that makes it even more f*cked up...

Never thought Symphogear would pull that out for Tsubasa...that is really sad (I mean story wise)...

An amazing ep this week~ Tsuabasa's new move is BEAU~~TI~FUUUULLL~~~
Aug 28, 2015 8:59 PM

Apr 2015
Mekin said:

Holy f*ck... that makes it even more f*cked up...

Never thought Symphogear would pull that out for Tsubasa...that is really sad (I mean story wise)...

An amazing ep this week~ Tsuabasa's new move is BEAU~~TI~FUUUULLL~~~

Japanese anime Chinese cartoon, shoving shit in your mouth since late 2014.
Aug 28, 2015 9:58 PM

May 2009
Dr. John Wayne Vercingetorix is back
Aug 28, 2015 11:57 PM

May 2012
plot devices and forced drama is strong with this one....
Aug 29, 2015 2:39 AM

Apr 2012
The good doctor is back, oh yeah!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Aug 29, 2015 4:25 AM

Apr 2009
Ventris said:
I like how Symphogear doesn't care that Ahnenerbe was in fact a Nazi organisation, founded by Heinrich Himmler himself and later part of the SS :D

Shhh, don't worry about the details. Only Vercingetorix now.

But is it just me or does Ver sound a lot different now?
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 29, 2015 6:10 AM

Aug 2008
TYxTxYT said:

That was unexpected.

Same here. That plot twist at the end.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 29, 2015 6:51 AM

Aug 2013
NANAAAAAAAAA, ehm, I mean.. TSUBASAAAAAAAA

shit, Symphogear's bad habit, always end an episode with cliffhanger since season 1..
Aug 29, 2015 10:25 AM

Sep 2009
So many daddy issues.

Inb4 the Doctor adopts Carol and then she has more Daddy issues.
Aug 29, 2015 11:51 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Looks like this is the end for my favorite doll.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 29, 2015 4:24 PM

Feb 2014
These episodes are getting kinda repetitive, but it doesn't matter because they're AWESOME!

Creepy doctor is back o.o

Ewwwwww so Tsubasa's "father" and uncle are actually her brothers! Kinda reminds me of Atigone...

Tsubasa's flaming wings ad attacks were so cool! :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2015 10:56 PM

Sep 2008
Zahylon said:
TYxTxYT said:

>"u wot m8"
>Your Face When: The Villian from the preivous season returns and you are no longer this season's main villian.

So, Carol can resurrect herself, Dr. Ver can come back out of nothing, Fine was reincarnated instantly....

But Kanade is still dead, that's just sad.
______
Overall a good season, somehow they manage to do it with such a low budget.
But now everybody's dad is Gendou Ikari.

Not really out of nowhere. He was probably jailed there and the whole chaos Carol caused let him escape.
Aug 29, 2015 11:11 PM

Sep 2014
Zombie Kanade is still a legit possibility
Aug 30, 2015 4:28 AM

Jun 2014
LMFAO!! Genjurou and papa are actually Tsubasa's ONiI-CHANS!
XD
This is just too good

Tsubasa is so awesome this ep.
Aug 30, 2015 7:49 AM

May 2014
I'm starting to see a pattern:

>Doll attacks
>Voltage Maximum plays
>Everything is daijoubu

The whole time Tsubasa was single handedly destroying philosophy I was sitting back in my chair going: This is so dumb... this is sooo dumb... why am I crying lol

Then just as you thought everything was truly diajobu

Symphogear is saved.

My body is ready for the upcoming trust heart remix.
Aug 30, 2015 8:28 AM
May 2015
I forgot about Ver.......bet he'll absorb the World module thing and become the final boss or he'll somehow absorb the Ignite gears
Aug 30, 2015 9:28 AM
Nov 2011
DESSDESSDESSDESS said:

This is suddenly very relevant

It would be to good, to be true.
Aug 30, 2015 9:50 AM

Nov 2013
"my grandfather impregnated my mother" I laugh till i want to cry, when i read this. ROFL

Tsubasa, finally became tsubasa, literally.....
Aug 31, 2015 2:15 AM

Mar 2014
Does that mean tsubasas step brothers wife is her mother?
Also the intro to the ED is super good and made his second coming super cool.

Could you tell your step-brother's, wife's, daughter's, father's, son's step-sister that I just felt like saying this for fun and is unnecessarily long considering Ive already told you.
zunderdog24Aug 31, 2015 3:45 AM