Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 11, 2015 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Futaba in a nutshell~

I'm glad to see the three working well together despite Futaba's nervousness. I think her confidence is improving although it may still not be quite well there just yet. Their CD debut is coming nothing short of being fun so far.
Aug 11, 2015 7:34 AM

Nov 2007
ED for this ep. is the first CD for Earphones that released in June. It ranked #88 then, which I changed how to list the song now.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 11, 2015 12:47 PM

Mar 2013
Everyone, bow down before our favorite Queen of Tsundere

Aug 11, 2015 1:38 PM

Jun 2013
AntonKutovoi said:

Is... Is that Rie Kugimiya?

Aug 11, 2015 2:06 PM

Jul 2012
Gotta love the seiyuu cameos haha, I did not recognize Kugimiya's voice but I guess that's because I'm way too used to her tsundere voice. :P
And man, harsh for Futa to be replaced especially with someone she's kinda close with but I'm glad she managed to recover, she's becoming a stronger character :)
Aug 11, 2015 2:10 PM

Sep 2008
Rie Kugimiya ♥

I knew it!
I knew Futaba don't get this role,
but I thought they will change whole cast or just few supporting roles.
I thought they will pick some random seiyuu.
This was a shock when Rin said she got that role...
Poor Futaba... that was must hurt and looks like she was the only one who got cut from this series... ;(

Seiyuu life is hard.

Rie Kugimiya was so sweet so cute!
I couldn't stop fangirling ♥
Aug 11, 2015 2:13 PM

Apr 2014
Holy shit it's Rie Kugimiya :O

One of my favorite voice actors <3

Aug 11, 2015 2:25 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
That moment when your friend gets something you were supposed to get.. Felt quite bad for Futaba there. Nice to see her recover after being lectured by Hikari and making up with Rin. She's so cute when (almost) crying.. :3

Rie Kugimiya didn't get enough screentime, but she was still pretty cool though. KanaHana when!? >.<

Aug 11, 2015 2:28 PM

Jul 2010
It was hard to watch when Rin announced her role as Uma.

Futaba maturing after some consolation, glad it ended like this.

Rie Kugimiya appearing was nice, and how she was involved too.

This episode added more diversity to an already likeable show.
Aug 11, 2015 2:41 PM

Jan 2012
Poor Futaba, not bad enough to be replaced, but by someone she works with too, how cruel. :(

Well, she handled it like a champ imo...
Aug 11, 2015 2:49 PM

May 2012
Aww, poor Rin. She's adorable though lol

Rie Kugimiya this time, huh. Was a bit bummed there was no reference to an anime song in this ending, but their song was a bit cute, I guess.

I just realized how funny it is to see the characters of the seiyuu in the characters tab of this anime.

Aug 11, 2015 2:59 PM
Jul 2018
Poor Futaba, she did not get to do the voice acting role for the anime and got role for drama CD instead!
Aug 11, 2015 3:15 PM

Dec 2012
I really feel bad for Futaba. That must had hurt her feelings. And her friend getting the role instead added some salt to the wound.
Aug 11, 2015 3:45 PM

Jun 2011
Kinda dropped the ball for opting to choose "Into your Ears" rather than the usual "anime song of the week" requests for the ED, especially when Kugirie is the guest seiyuu for this episode.

Other than that, no complaints. Good episode.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Aug 11, 2015 4:46 PM

Oct 2011
Rie <33333

Futaba T_____T

I wondered if they would have chosen one of FoZ ED song as one the request songs?
Aug 11, 2015 4:52 PM
Jul 2011
Poor Futafuta but she should not have been so hyped. It isn't uncommon to change seiyuu between adaptations. Glad she got through it and I hope she can land another gig soon before she ends it all.

Cool to see Kugyu, I guess. I hate tsunderes, though.

What are they doing with that CD scheduling, though? Cool to get to hear it, even if they didn't reference a song this episode. Just as long as they do it for the majority of endings, I'll be fine.
Aug 11, 2015 6:06 PM

Apr 2014
I hope next week they will go back to the first ending with the song recommendations

This episode had a lot more drama than the other ones, but it's good to see Futaba overcoming trials

Aug 11, 2015 6:28 PM

Jan 2011
right off the bat the Queen of Tsunderes shows up

episode was more serious then i was expecting still really good,wish Hikari got more screentime i like her realtalk moments lol even if she finds them embarrassing
Aug 11, 2015 8:48 PM

Sep 2013
i saw this whole thing coming the millisecond they said the manga was getting an anime.

Anime title drop! :O
"sore ga seiyuu"
Sht just got realer than real!

Poor Rin Rin :'(
Rie was cool :)
Aug 11, 2015 9:06 PM

Jun 2013
More of a dramatic episode but I was pleased with how realistically and well done the drama was handled!
Was also nice to hear earphones first single in the ED :)
Aug 11, 2015 9:32 PM
Sep 2014
You know, the last few episodes haven't been quite as exciting for me...
If I wanted to watch a show about idols and units, I would've. I was expecting more seiyuu-ish stuff.
Of course, there's the possibility that if the girls become famous then they could dabble with ease in the voice acting field.
I'm hoping that'll happen some time soon... but at the same time I doubt it.
I think the one thing I did like about this episode was Futaba dealing with rejection. It was very relatable.

Aug 11, 2015 10:27 PM

Nov 2012
i had a feeling she wouldn't get the role in the anime adaptation... that must suck.
and no anime OP/ED of the week for this episode's ED, boo.
Aug 11, 2015 11:09 PM

Apr 2012
this time is Rie Kugimiya :D

aww poor Futaba she fail to get Uma role from Spiral Cafe and the more painful it turns out he was replaced by Rin. :(

but then Futaba can move on instead to drown in sadness and jealousy she encouraging Rin to do the best for his role. :)

Rin when crying was cute :3

lol the debut song sales delayed
and no request song in this episode, oh well...

Aug 12, 2015 12:51 AM

Dec 2008
I just wanted to give Futaba a hug once the bomb dropped >_<

Props to her for picking herself up fairly quickly after that; I can easily imagine that it would take most people IRL a bit longer, if not significantly longer, to recover from a blow like that.

I'm finding myself really getting more and more into this series with every passing episode, so I can't wait to see how far this goes~
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Aug 12, 2015 1:03 AM

Jun 2015
Poor Futaba.. felt like giving her a hug. Experiencing the highs and lows of a job is tough, but im sure she'll learn from this. Love the SoL aspect of this anime. On to next week!!

Aug 12, 2015 1:39 AM

Nov 2013
poor futa-futa
i was hoping that our queen of tsundere will get more screen time.
new ED is the 1st earphone's debut. happy to hear the song, but also a bit disappointed because i couldn't hear a camoe song this week
Aug 12, 2015 1:41 AM

Sep 2014
Good episode, never expected the feels though. But overall it's good. Glad to see Futaba recover after some lecturing.
Aug 12, 2015 2:50 AM

Jun 2014
another great episode, poor futa-futa though :(
:3
Aug 12, 2015 4:03 AM
Feb 2012
I hope that they will stick with this ending song instead of going back to the first ending song with the song requests. Those requests aren't handled well anyway.
[FelineYogi]
Aug 12, 2015 5:28 AM

Apr 2010
Kugimiya Rie this time but she didn't get that much screen time but it was nice to see here anyway.
It makes me wonder who we will see next week.

Futaba had it hard this episode but it seemed she has overcome it.
The question remains will the girls land any good jobs soon and will the be able to make money solely from entertainment at one point.
Aug 12, 2015 6:13 AM

Dec 2013
Kugimiya Rie graces the episode with her presence twice, yay!

Futaba learned an important lesson this episode, and the experience she gained, along with the insight from her sempai should serve her well later on. Rejection is hard to take, as is being replaced, and it's not even the fact that it was to a close friend that hurts the most. Learning to maintain ones belief in ones own abilities is really difficult to do.

Still, I would say half of it was Futaba's fault for jumping the gun. She riled herself up too much, so the disappointment when she didn't get the part was way too palpable. She has been in the industry for a while now, so she should know such things do happen.

The one good thing to take out of it, was that Kugimiya Rie actually remembered her, and not in a bad way either. That's got to count for something at least.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 12, 2015 7:09 AM
Nov 2010
Really saddened by the different ed I wanted to here a request D:
Aug 12, 2015 7:11 AM

Jun 2015
HitoriTomoyo said:
I just wanted to give Futaba a hug once the bomb dropped >_<

Props to her for picking herself up fairly quickly after that; I can easily imagine that it would take most people IRL a bit longer, if not significantly longer, to recover from a blow like that.

This is mostly matter of relationship awkwardness since the role fall to her own close friend in the same unit. If it someone else, I'm sure she could move on faster.
Aug 12, 2015 7:30 AM

Aug 2013
I didn't expect that this anime will be that good.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 12, 2015 8:56 AM

Aug 2015
Well failures are part of life, but it also opens an opportunity to learn and change yourself. I hope we can see the new Futaba in the following episode.

Anyways I'm starting to like this guy now.

AntonKutovoi said:

Ah my favorite tsundere seiyuu, Kugimiya Rie , kinda remember her voicing my favorite tsunderes: Shana,Taiga and Iori.
MizunashiAug 12, 2015 12:07 PM
Aug 12, 2015 9:30 AM

Aug 2013
damn Futaba reaction so realistic, the drama hit me hard.. :'(
gr8 episode m8

Kugimiya Rie this week, MIZUKI NANA when?!
Aug 12, 2015 1:54 PM

Jun 2014
How naive of Futaba to not know that seiyuus are often switched up from drama cds to anime. I get the feeling that this episode is a very important one for actual voice actors. Must hit pretty close to home.

Nice cameo from Kugimiya Rie-san, that's some impressive CV.
Aug 12, 2015 2:12 PM

Oct 2014
Goodness, this episode was unnecessarily depressing. XD Futaba should have known better though. I don't listen to drama CDs, but I do know enough about them to know that it seems relatively rare for the seiyuu in drama CDs to reprise their roles in an anime adaptation. Still, I imagine that it must suck to be replaced by someone so close to you.

I just knew that something was going to happen from the very beginning with the Idol CD. It can be really annoying to try to work on a project like that, tell everyone a certain date, only for it to get shifted back a bit because of financial/time constraints. But stuff like that happens enough that you sort of just have to learn to shrug it off. To anyone more knowledgeable on the subject: Is it common for demo CDs to come with stand-in voices? Or are they usually just the background music alone?

It was nice to see Kugimiya Rie make an appearance. Drama CDs are a part of seiyuu life that I know so little about. Whenever I think of seiyuu, I tend to think of anime and narrations for things like commercials and documentaries. Perhaps I should start listening to those a bit more. I think that this episode encouraged me to do so (might be good practice to read over the lines myself, too.)

I really enjoy this show so much for a variety of reasons, and I can't wait for more.
Aug 12, 2015 3:18 PM

Jan 2014
My favorite female seiyuu has appeared o/.
Aug 12, 2015 7:23 PM

Mar 2009
Rie Kugimiya! Nice to see her.

Poor Futaba. She was so looking forward to working with Rie Kugimiya on the anime. A shame it didn't work out, for whatever reason. By the end of the episode, she handled it in a very mature manner. If she keeps working hard, I'm sure she'll get her big break. Also nice to see that they're all close friends, and that they won't let this tear them apart.
Aug 13, 2015 3:16 AM

Jul 2011
dat Rie
Aug 13, 2015 6:18 AM

Dec 2010
Yet another harsh reality of the seiyuu industry :/ Poor Futaba-chan :c I think she's the unluckiest of the bunch when it comes to role offers ;A; Still it was a good thing that she recovered from that. Go, go, Futaba-chan! \(^▽^)/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2015 1:42 AM

Aug 2011
Rin must have already heard Nagi's voice in Hakuo and now her voice(Rie Kugimiya-sama) and Rin are working together

Aug 14, 2015 5:38 AM

Jun 2013
Rie Kugimiya holy crap dude
Aug 15, 2015 12:08 AM

Sep 2012
I feel like the thing about Futa-Futa not getting the role wouldn't have been too bad if it wasn't for the fact that the producer asked for Rin to advertise it on the radio show. With the drama CD V.A. on that same radio show. That's like getting a slap to the face followed by a punch to the stomach. Then kick you while you're down. :X
Least she managed to pick herself off the ground real quickly there. Some nice development for Futa-Futa.

Kinda wished there was more Rie though. And maybe a ZoT cover. Their debut song was nice though.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Aug 16, 2015 4:18 AM

Jul 2009
It was hard for Futaba, but she must learn that this is how things are.
Aug 16, 2015 11:34 AM

May 2010
Even Kugimiya Rie's relaxed voice is loli! No doubt, queen of loli.

Futaba matured nicely there. These characters are starting to shape well, and it's showing. The only problem I had with this episode: how did Futaba manage to dance so well within a day? A mystery, but yeah I don't really care.
Aug 17, 2015 3:10 PM

Jul 2014
Aww, pretty tough to watch when Futaba didn't get the role she wanted :(
but it was really admirable to watch her overcome that! :)
Also, of course, Rie Kugimiya ♥
Overall, pretty good episode!
Aug 17, 2015 10:39 PM

May 2013
Rie Kugimiya this week! Oh men i wonder whose the next one.

Man, never expected the feels and to see how it hurts for a seiyuu not to be chosen from a drama CD to an anime adaptation (and the one who replaced you was your friend, double ouch) but dat development tho.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 18, 2015 4:59 PM

Mar 2008
Rie needed more screentime. I feel bad for Futaba. She got the raw end of the stick.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sore ga Seiyuu! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2015

79 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jun 3, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Sore ga Seiyuu! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

92 by CocoaGalaxy »»
May 27, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Sore ga Seiyuu! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2015

67 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Feb 4, 2023 4:29 PM

Poll: » Sore ga Seiyuu! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

74 by Alsan816 »»
Feb 20, 2022 8:38 PM

Poll: » Sore ga Seiyuu! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2015

62 by booyah10 »»
Sep 19, 2020 3:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.