Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 1, 2008 4:16 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lots of back story this episode :3
I'm sorry, but I had to burst out laughing when Eureka showed up with her make up.
Aug 1, 2008 8:19 AM
Mar 2008
MAN, just that little scene with Eureka's first makeup was reason enough to give this ep. a 5... hehe, funniest gag so far.
Oct 23, 2008 1:49 PM

Nov 2007
it was obvious that they had dated...

so.
1. GO GIDGET, MAKE EUREKA COMPLEXED ABOUT HER NATURAL LOOK. YOU NEED MAKEUP TOO LOOK PRETTY. BUH!
2. I'm sure he'll be sooo happy to see all that stuff on his tab...Ok, i get a little makeup but all that?
3. Oh god, the result >.<

I don't get how Dominic could fall for such a horrendous attitude.
Nov 18, 2008 6:22 PM

Jun 2008
lol nice episode.

good backstory.

makeup sucks.

anemone is stupid.
Nov 29, 2008 9:46 PM

Oct 2007
lol, the makeup revealed cracked me up. they are really dragging out that kiss scene though, eh? i wonder if they'll keep pushing it off until the end of the series.
Jan 1, 2009 6:37 AM

Nov 2007
i've been wanting to see what diane looks like. thanks to this episode.

the backstory's nice.
Feb 6, 2009 4:39 PM

Jun 2008
I knew that the makeup would be bad...but I didn't expect what I saw D:
I feel a little sorry for Dominic...pushed around by everybody, even the girl he cares about most

Apr 18, 2009 9:22 AM

Sep 2008
pandaman0529 said:
I knew that the makeup would be bad...but I didn't expect what I saw D:

Haha, I know! That was pretty funny xD Awww, but that was cute of Eureka for at least trying to make Renton happy :)

Jun 23, 2009 2:14 AM

Jan 2009
Very funny ep! It was cool seeing Eureka trying to please Renton ;) but she definitely went a bit overboard! Hollando backstory was good too.

Jul 14, 2009 3:49 AM

Jul 2009
wat was with eureka trying to d her own makeup? o.o
i even showed it to my mom, burst in laughs XD
Jul 14, 2009 8:09 AM

Apr 2009
jonybravito said:
wat was with eureka trying to d her own makeup? o.o
i even showed it to my mom, burst in laughs XD

Made me laugh too. Hideous.
Oct 18, 2009 6:43 AM

Aug 2008
No, no Gidget don't leave her alone with this, no-
Ii tenki desu ne...
Dec 15, 2010 9:37 PM

May 2009
Yeah, Eureka's first makeup job was...I couldn't contain my own laughter.

Does seem like Talho is a lot more mature of a person now.

And Dewey is a creepy asshole. Well, we already knew about the asshole part, but this confirmed the creepy part.

Dewey, you ****ing pedo.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Dec 16, 2010 8:41 PM

Mar 2009
It was nice to see Holland finally tell his story to him about Diane.

LOL but wow at Eureka's makeup, that was just too funny. xD!

Feb 23, 2011 4:17 PM

Dec 2009
Who who had seen Edward Scissorhands did not predict the makeup outcome, lol. I got so sad when I realized she was going to try herself.
Such junk...
Jun 12, 2011 7:48 AM

May 2011
hahahhaha I just burst laughing when Eureka showed up with her makeup.. hahahah i knw its bad to laugh but hahahahah that was smthing!...

Sep 25, 2011 4:08 PM

Aug 2010
oh god that horrible makeup
Apr 3, 2012 3:56 PM

Mar 2011
My god, this should be in the horror genre.
Apr 17, 2012 7:17 PM

May 2011
TowardsTheStars said:

Nicely said. XD
Apr 26, 2012 8:18 PM

Jan 2011
That was one epic fail with the makeup, but Renton recovered nicely. We got the backstory on Diane and Holland, but I'd like to get more on how he ended up with Talho. Once again, Dewey shows why he is the big bad of the show.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 19, 2012 9:48 AM

May 2009
Damn his sister was really fugly when she was young.
Jun 6, 2012 8:18 PM

Apr 2011
My question... WHY THEY NO KISS?

They get so close everytime!
Jun 11, 2012 3:36 PM

Jan 2011
The makeup was surely something, but i was more fascinated by Norb in the beginning.

Super tough space monk with a compac drive in his chest is slouching on the sofa, eating one pizza after another, wants to smoke, and when he can't get what he wants he simply turns around and is immediately asleep.

Only to wake up, ask something totally random and going to sleep before Holland had the chance to answer or at least realize what Norb said.

Wonder if he always was like this. Seeing that it's only a couple of years, unless the bombardment changed him, too, it's likely. He totally doesn't look like it though, when he's all formal with his weird suit and stuff.
Jul 29, 2012 6:45 AM

Mar 2012
Holland was hilarious in this ep:

"We should hang out once in a while" and "so...how far have you gotten with her?"
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Aug 26, 2012 10:41 PM

May 2011
Oh, man. Such a good episode. Seeing Holland be all self-conscious with his first love, then him and Renton making fools of themselves in the baths and staying in there too long. Though it was exceptionally touching when Holland said, "You won't leave too, will you, Renton?" Made me pause it for a second and seriously appreciate the character growth in this series.

Also. . . Eureka's makeup. . .I snorted soda out of my nose and was laughing for a good solid minute. She has such a sweet heart, and just wants to make Renton happy. And even though she's odd and misconstrues her intentions, it's very, very endearing in a way.

Anyway, awesome episode.
Know an AMAZINGGG anime with a strong male lead?!?!11one//?!

TELLMEEEE.
NoSrsly, bby. I'll love you forever. But no romance. I mean, romance is fine between you and I, but I don't want to watch that crap, okay? Okay.
Oct 14, 2012 8:32 AM
Sep 2011
Holland's face at Eureka's makeup was the funniest part of this anime so far. Also, I agree with the people above. I would so hate for a mere kiss to be final climax of this relationship. If they want to dedicate an episode to it, just do it already!
Nov 24, 2012 11:39 AM

Sep 2010
Geez that Norb is such a slouch.

I don't blame the kids for crying at Eureka's makeup too it was god awful. xD

I think Dominic is an M cause he keeps on letting Anemone hit and kick him without really protecting himself. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 25, 2012 2:37 PM

Jul 2012
LMAO after everyone saw her makeup "she finely snapped" and Renton made it worse who did something so terrible to you.
Mar 7, 2013 7:59 PM

Jan 2013
I've waited 36 episodes for a kiss.
They teased it 3 times already and talked about it multiple times on top of that.
It needs to happen by episode 50.

But, Renton told her "I love you" which is more important
Apr 14, 2013 1:39 PM
Apr 2012
Haha damn, Dat makeover! The moment Gidget left her alone to do her makeup I thought to myself ''Oh boy, we're gonna have a good laugh!'' and I wasn't dissapointed.
It was also funny how Holland couldn't believe Renton was taking so long to kiss Eureka.

I liked the backstory, finally some real information about Diane. I mean she has been spoken about so often, but we never had decent info about her. Hell, we barely knew how she looked as her face was always blacked out.
Aug 1, 2013 3:52 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Nice knowing about Holland's first love ^^ For most of the episodes so far it has been pretty tiresome for me because there weren't any characters I liked (except for Dominic), but that Holland. I like how he's like an older bro/father to Renton. Nice talk in the bathroom lol. Also, Eureka. After all that research on the other girls' makeup, how in the world did she end up with that face? o_o no one had crazy bright blue eyeshadow on or dark blue eyebrows...Lastly, Norb is different than I thought. That lazy ass.
Sep 11, 2013 1:15 PM

Apr 2013
I don't know about you guys, but Eureka's makeup didn't make me laugh, it made me horrified D:

Dayum, I felt so sorry for her!
Powerful eyebrows.
Nov 17, 2013 9:09 AM
Sep 2013
Eureka makeup actually made me pause the show because I felt so bad for her.. didn't laugh.

The children crying and Renton thinking it was a joke at first didn't helped.

So now I guess she'll just stop having those burn marks in the show.
Feb 9, 2014 8:37 AM

Aug 2013
TowardsTheStars said:

Haha the kids were so terrified when she came into the room. I started laughing so hard.

Dewey is the king of all assholes, how i know where Holland got it from.
My Candies:
Jul 19, 2014 10:52 PM

Aug 2013
The kids were crying... god they were crying !! Hahahahaha.
I miss Eureka's old hairstyle.. but she's cute though.
And what's with Anemone's obsession with Dewey anyway ?
Jul 21, 2014 11:00 PM

Aug 2013
"Did the kids pull a prank on you? Then who did such a horrible thing?"

I died laughing XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 19, 2014 6:53 PM

May 2012
Great to finally know something about his sister that was kept secret up until now but lol he sure has one hell of a great grandfather, that scene on the phone was just way too epic xD

Other than that Eureka trying make-up and look good for Renton which is also interesting on the romance development happening in this story but she sure doesn't know how to properly apply it xD God dammit hilarious that it made it look scary as fuck! But in the end Talho sure managed to fix it properly!

Either way great episode, really interesting and the fact that they said his sister disappeared and didn't die might make it so that we'll see her later in the story? Or at least I hope we will that would make it quite interesting in my opinion.
Let's see what will happen next though!
Dec 30, 2014 4:02 PM

Jul 2009
wow Renton's sister is such a slut.. Not even on their first date and she kisses Holland. Not to mention all that touchy feely crap when she holds his hand and shit. She really is an unrealistic character...
Jan 21, 2015 3:13 PM

Nov 2014
Great episode I laughed so hard at Eureka's make-up.

Also Renton's grandfather on the phone was golden.
Feb 6, 2015 8:22 AM

Aug 2013
Shit, that's one heavy burden Holland have on the shoulder. We knew that he loved Dianne once, but that it was an unrequited love and that he wasn't able to protect her, he was probably immensely obscessed by her disparition. That's probably why Talho ''hated'' her so much. I mean, imagine you get a new boyfriend, but that dude is mostly obscessed by that girl who didn't even loved him :/

That make-up, doh... Renton, you're really tactless xD
She looked cute with Talho make-up though. I must say that these scars were a bit hideous. Sorry, Eureka :S
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 4, 2017 5:03 AM

Jul 2008
Eureka really should not have done it herself first.
Sep 23, 2017 10:37 PM
Dec 2015
Finally! I was really anticipating Diane's backstory especially since I knew it was gonna give some depth to Holland. Awesome moments between Renton and Holland too, and I love how they cut back and forth between scenes with them and Eureka. It really gives emphasis as to how much Eureka meant to them both.

But once again, I feel like this is another death-flag for Holland... and/or possibly Talho.

I can finally logically see Renton and Eureka as lovers, kind of. It's time for you to step up your game, Dominic!
Sep 28, 2017 9:28 AM

Nov 2014
Finally got to see Diane Wonder why they kept her appearance secret for so long, she doesn't look like anyone so weird, Loved Axel on the phone so funny, was pretty interesting seeing Holland so young.

It was sweet of Eureka to try so hard, but Renton clearly never cared about the scars.
Oct 13, 2017 8:24 PM
Mar 2017
Dominic ... I can no longer feel sorry for Anemone, now only for Dominic and a hatred for Dewey
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Oct 18, 2017 2:31 PM

Jul 2013
So the mysterious Diane shows her face ... and when Holland first me her when he was 12 but looked 20, she was about 6 ... now that's kinda gross. Although at least he hopefully wasn't in love with her until she was older since they only met once when she was that young.

But yeah ... why did he not tell Renton sooner? it would've made sense to tell him why he cared so much for him.

Eureka doing the make up herself after researching how to do it, because that's how she learns like AI, watching ... well ... it turned out horrifying and she should've let little Gidget do it. But I get why she did it after seeing her reflection and seeing Renton rush to repaint Nirvash when it got a scratch, although she didn't actually cover those scars at all to look pretty and all along Renton was in love with her and loved her without make up.

Yet she still put make up on, but less. Weird, I thought the moral was you can be beautiful without make up. I personally never wear it tbh.

It was sweet when Renton confessed when it seemed Eureka would.
Aug 10, 2018 12:25 AM

Oct 2014
this was honestly my favorite ep yet, i really liked learning about holland’s past with diane (although 12 year old holland made me burst out laughing - he had a kid’s voice but looked like a grown man LMAO)

I think my favorite relationship in this show is the one between eureka and gidget. the latter is like a big sister to her and her first real girl friend, it was really touching how gidget became super protective of her with the whole makeup mishap and told renton to go fix things uwu
Jul 29, 2019 7:43 AM

Apr 2019
I laughed about Eureka's makeup, not gonna lie. Also, I expected Master Norb to be more... spiritual LMAO. I think it was kind of obvious that Holland dated Diane, but it clarified a lot of things. Also, Axell is the best. I wonder if Diane succesfully contacted the Coral Scubs, since she was in Renton's dream in the Corallian antibody. Well, I liked this episode.
Dec 19, 2019 4:59 PM

Nov 2016
Her face looked indeed hilarious, but Renton saved himself with the right words xD

Cute episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 23, 2020 7:39 PM

Jul 2017
Really good episode, and it really did help that the main overarching story was not the focus at all in this episode since that's the one major part of the current anime that I dislike a lot. This episode focused mainly on two things, the biggest one being the Holland-Renton conversation where they spent some time together, with Holland finally giving Renton a background on his past and how he met Renton's sister, Diane, and how they got together back then + where it went wrong. After all the bullshit Holland put Renton through and how much Holland was an absolute piece of trash as a person to let out his frustrations on a kid like that, he's changed a lot for the better and is finally showing that older brother personality towards Renton, who's also changed a lot for the better too.

The other thing was surrounding Eureka and makeup. Once she heard about Renton not liking scratches when seeing the glass of the Nirvash be scratched, she saw her own face and realized that she wanted to clear the scars on her face off somehow and look more feminine and appealing towards Renton. Gidget tried her best to help out with selecting the makeup tools but Eureka's definitely no expert in the makeup artist field. She lowkey looked like Leeron Littner from Gurren Lagann by the time she revealed herself, but luckily despite feeling upset for the reaction that she received for her efforts, Renton managed to calm her down and still make her feel good while Talho helped out with her own kit and made Eureka look good while keeping it really simple. Pretty nice to see Eureka try out her own little things to change herself and make her less of a warrior in battle and act more like an actual girl who tries to change and update her looks to impress the people around her, especially the guy she likes being Renton. It was overall, a mix of good progression, development and comedy too so a win in many books.
May 19, 2021 4:36 PM
Mar 2018
How old is Holland? Also got an answer to Diane and her whereabouts.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.