Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 31, 8:01 PM

Jan 2018
IT'S OUT!!! After 10 year My Hero Academia has ended. That final lead color page page man.... ...We had a timeskip of 8 years. Pages showing all the characters. There's a nice throwback to chapter one with a boy looking at All Might's statue. All Might also gave Deku his briefcase. Final double spread is with all the 1-A students along with the chapter title AND THE NAME DROP "MY HERO ACADEMIA".
ARK-13Jul 31, 8:08 PM
Jul 31, 8:14 PM

Dec 2021
I don't even know where to begin when it comes to My Hero Academia. It's not the best series out there, hell not even the best shounen out there. But for some odd reason, I'm feeling a lot of mixed emotions when it comes to this chapter. I feel sad, mad, disappointed, but mostly just nostalgia. This was one of the first shows I had watched. It feels like just yesterday that I was disappointed that I had finished season two of the anime and was like, is that it? That lead me onto this journey to where we are now. 10 year later. 430 chapters later. What a journey.

Entire chapter is about what you'd expect from a shounen final chapter. We get a look on everyone we've met up until now on this journey like Kouta, to which I have to say, seeing him be any height but like 2ft is very weird to see. Speaking of Kouta, really warmed my heart to see that him and Eri were holding hands in that one panel. Then we have the most Bakugo thing ever, with him blowing up the stage Iida was having his speech on. That one page where it showed all the kids all grown up now put a smile on my face. Especially seeing Eri grown up... </3

Biggest reveal is the fact that, yes, Deku lost his quirk for good. The embers are gone and put out. I have no problem with it. Just puts us right back where we started lol. Does raise the question about if Deku was truly the last OFA user then. Really liked the page where Deku's with that kid in front of the All Might statue. "You can become a hero"~ Damn. Our boy's really grown up.

Whole thing with All Might fits his character so well I couldn't help but chuckle at it. Wonder if this means in My Hero Shippuden, Deku'll be wearing the iron man suit now that All Might gave it to him lol. Also found it funny how this dude Bakugo putting extra money into this making the suit. Bro just wants a rival. Do find it weird that the FINAL chapter only had like 15 pages... uh okay lol. Ending the story off just like how we started and finally completing that quote we've heard for so long now. "That was the story of how we all became the greatest heroes."

In the end, this series has its high points, but it also has some major, major, MAJOR lows. It's not a perfect series, but it’s not a terrible one either. It's as average as a shounen—or any show—can be. Ending was pretty OK, like we didn't even get a confirmation that Deku and Ochako are at the very least dating? But at least it wasn't shit like everything that's happened after the Vigilante Deku arc, so whatever lol. It feels weird that this is now ended, considering this is probably one of the last shounen's we'll see in now that can reach 400 chapters. Just goes to show that the long-running shounen days are over. All that's left is for Black Clover and that'll probably be the last shounen series to break over 350 chapters.

This truly was our My Hero Academia.... Now all that's left is for the anime to adapt this by next year knowing Bones. Until then ig.
IzanaSolosJul 31, 11:36 PM

Jul 31, 9:19 PM
Jan 2021
Goodbye MHA. You were an onramp to so many new anime and manga fans. it was a fun ride and I'll miss this series dearly
Jul 31, 9:19 PM

Oct 2013
I am getting really emotional, it was really an amazing experience, the whole story has a special place in my heart
Jul 31, 10:34 PM
Mar 2022
Deku became a teacher in UA. From starting "hero academia" in UA to become hero and now in last chapter again in "hero academia" but this time in different role..... It just hits differently in melancholic way.
Lol Bakugo and Monoma crashing in the graduation ceremony!!!
Happy to see Eri smile and going for music.
Happy for togata senpai for being #1 hero, nighteye will definitely be proud of him.
Love how Aizawa told Deku to be a strict teacher, remembering their first encounter during earlier ball throwing chapter makes me feel how much everyone has grown.
Uraraka having Deku like mouthpiece around her neck is such a great detail btw their romantic chemistry.
Jiro and Kaminari having their hero agencies next to each other.... ig another ship sailed pretty well.
Loved how Shoto is remembered for being Shoto and not Endeavor's son.
Damn Midoriya giving that kid the heroic push just like All might did for him years ago brought tears to my eyes just like that time.
All might breaking 'end' was really funny and loved how all the class 1A never stopped caring for thier friend, not to mention Bakugo's 'come on Izuku'.....man Bakugo has such a great development all throughout the series and everyone looked damn cool in thier new hero getup.
So all in all MHA is a story of a quirkless boy who get to live his dream for a short time and he dedicated everything for that cause. Easley Deku is my favorite MC in all new shounen along the best people in cast!!!
So much feels right now after such a long journey for years. Thank you Horikoshi sensei for bringing such special characters to life which entertained me thoroughly, make me realize so many things and motivated me to keep doing my best.
Easy 10/10 manga from start to finish.
Go beyond, PLUSSSS ULTRAAAAAA......
yameteKudasaiKunAug 6, 4:28 AM
Jul 31, 10:55 PM
Dec 2023
Fuckkk, I wake up to see this? It feels sad that now all the “new generation” mangas are ending/ have ended.
Jul 31, 11:03 PM
Aug 2021
so did deku and uraraka happen?
mrjdkoJul 31, 11:11 PM
Jul 31, 11:31 PM

Jan 2009
8 year timeskip and i feel that deku is so lonely with his friends being busy with hero work heck no mention of him and ochako dating lol

still all might hinting that melissa and hatsume made a special iron man suit for deku funded by class a especially bakugo was cool
Jul 31, 11:55 PM
Nov 2022
Peak Ending. He became the greatest hero and gets to live out his dream of being a hero

That's all I have to say.
Aug 1, 12:42 AM
Feb 2023
This truly was my hero academia.

For real though, this series was a rollercoaster of emotions for me. While there were definitely points I wish we had touched on more before the ending, I feel like the decision to have things left open added to how the series is supposed to feel.
Discussions and struggles were had off-screen, we see the results as they've grown up. We see the effect class A and the league has had on hero society. We see that they kept living their lives. We see that time keeps passing, and that the cycle starts anew with Deku inspiring Dai.

We see the effect that the league had on class A. Ochako begins spearheading a quirk counseling project that has now become the standard, and she was likely inspired by Toga to do this. So no kid in her situation gets left behind. She likely told everyone about her, but I wish we had more of a discussion about how she felt.
We see Deku working as a teacher after being inspired by Aizawa to do so. He refuses to sit still and decides to be a hero as best as he can with what he can do for now.

We see that, while he hasn't been able to speak with them often, class A refused to leave Deku behind. They (and they clarify especially Mr. for-the-rest-of-our-lives Bakugou) have raised money for the development of technology for deku to be a quirkless hero and fight alongside them.
Now he's a hero again, but he's reminded of what to fight for when he sees Tenko in the corner of his eye. He will continue fighting for a society where heroism is just with the people who have inspired him.

Deku is able to be a hero while quirkless, what he wanted to be at the start of the series. He's working to inspire future generations to be heroes even if they're not officially a "hero". He gets to work alongside his equally inspiring friends and mentors and the effects of all of our characters (including the villains!!) effort is shown in heaps throughout the final few chapters, especially in this one.

Overall, people are way too hard on the ending to me. I love what is left up to interpretation for the readers to ruminate on themselves. Obviously I wanted to see more, but considering this was a rush-job, I love what we got from it. I think this was handled better than people are giving it credit for.

I really love MHA. There's just something about it that always kept me interested in the world, the story, the character and quirks, all of it. It meant a whole lot to me. And it's FINALLYYYYYYY OVERRRRRRRR. FREE ME FROM THE TRENCHES. I WILL NEVER ESCAPE THIS SERIES EVEN AFTER ITS BEEN OVER FOR YEARS LMFAO. im immediately rereading this pray for me yall
Aug 1, 12:58 AM

Jun 2014
Regardless of any misgivings I've had during my time following this series, saying goodbye to something that I set aside some time for every single week for the past near-decade is always going to be bittersweet.

A timeskip, as expected. Pretty standard for shounen endings. So Deku officially lost OFA and is a teacher now, he really followed his idol's footsteps. It's always a treat to see the characters aged up and to see what kind of great things they're now doing in their adult lives. Shoji basically ended racism lol and there couldn't be a bigger difference between how Bakugo and Shoto treat the public lmao. Absolutely loved the full circle moment where it was now Deku inspiring a timid boy with lofty hero aspirations that he, indeed, can become a hero. I just love how Hori handles some of those emotional beats, with clever callbacks and parallels. All Might really said wait a minute on the ending LOL, to give Deku a support suit so he can continue doing hero work with his old classmates. The emphasis on the fact that the suit was financed especially by Bakugo was a nice touch, he really didn't want to leave his friend behind. What a nice moment and man that final spread had me a bit emotional I can't lie.

This series is by no means perfect, just like any series it had its ups and downs, with high highs but comparatively low lows. But you know what, even though the execution in the final arc wasn't always great, I'll just straight up say this: I think this ending is good. Idk if that will be considered a "hot take," but I do not care, I liked how Hori ended it and I personally believe MHA dodged the shounen "bad ending" curse 🤷 it was a nice subversion from what most of us probably expected when he framed this as the story of Deku becoming the greatest hero. He could have taken the easy route and just have the MC end the series being super OP as the "greatest [this]" or the "#1 [that]," but I liked this better. The final spread really drove home the idea that this was Class A's story just as much as it was Deku's, and how they ALL became the greatest, not just Deku. At least, that's my interpretation.

It's gonna feel weird not getting leaks for this anymore, or seeing new chapters uploaded to TCB, or waking up to the official Viz release on Sunday mornings, but you made it Horikoshi. I worried for that man a lot during the multiple occasions where we'd get 12 page chapters or last minute breaks because of his health, but he made it across the finish line. Ten years later. 430 chapters later. Probably one of the last Jump titles that will reach that many chapters, since you don't see it that much nowadays. Thank you for the memories, Horikoshi. Thank you for the memories, My Hero Academia. Enjoy some vacation time, catch up on sleep and hobbies, and enjoy some long overdue, well-deserved rest. You've more than earned it.
thebrentinator24Aug 1, 1:07 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Aug 1, 1:28 AM
May 2021
Well my mha been reading u for over 3 years now & the start was amazing was honestly hooked to the plot, its a series that I will remember years on years to be a nostalgic one. Ending seeing Deku still be a hero quirkless, I mean the final arc was disappointing cant lie honestly felt like this series was declining so hard. The ending tbf Its quite open but I guess thats it for this series. Nice colour page at the end of chapter. Overall 6/10 due to the final arc being rushed.
jas-samaaaAug 2, 1:30 AM
Aug 1, 2:01 AM
Jun 2020
Chapter 430 of my hero academia is peak fiction. It sums it up in a very nostalogist way, with having deku relate to the viewer in how he currently feels. Its bueaitiful to see class-1a grown up and doing good work around the world, especially since the last chapter confirmed that the cycle was broken. It's a good end to an amazing series. Despite its four hundred and thirty chapters, i still find myself craving more. (ALSO IZOUCHA CANON RAH SMD BKDK SHIPPERS OCHAKOS WEARING DEKUS WEIRD MOUTH THING)
Aug 1, 3:27 AM
Dec 2020
I wonder how high it will rank here now that it's finished
Deathlydash
Aug 1, 3:55 AM

Aug 2018
His friends ghosting him for 8 years was.... something
Aug 1, 4:27 AM
Apr 2020
First of all, you shippers lost. Second, am i the only one who’s disappointed? So much happend only for deku to not even become the new nr 1 hero, dude is literally just a teacher and doesn’t even see his classmates anymore?! 🤨 We have no idea what happened to dabi, is he dead? Alive?
They really couldn’t have given shigaraki more then what he got? He got no proper conclusion, no thoughts coming from deku, no more expanded pov of shigaraki? The entire story has been incredible good but the ending is hella rushed and just feels unfinished and unsatisfactory.

Maybe the secret project of mha that is planned, will clear up remaining questions and what not. I see no need to make a separate series out of that, when you can just spend a couple more chapters on it, cuz it’s just gonna leave anime onlies confused (unless the studio is smart enough to somehow add it into the season.)

I expected so much better out of this ending, there is nothing i hate more then a show with a good story throughout, but with a rushed and unfinished ending.. i’m not saying this ruined the whole show but if you’re gonna make a series make sure to not waste the ending cuz that would reallt fail the long term fans.
Aug 1, 4:48 AM

Nov 2016
Shit, I pray that the boy with the hair quirk won't be the next gen Mineta.

And so another chapter of shounen history closes. Say what you want about My Hero Academia, when it came out it breathed new life into the battle shounen landscape(especially the anime). Post School Festival Arc I didn't feel as enthusiastic about the events anymore overall, but this series had enough engaging moments to keep me going. I would say my biggest problem wasn't the actual quality of the story, it was the pacing and that there were sometimes some shorter chapters which weren't that fun to read. The anime turned out to be a much better experience in that regard.

I was glad when the final war was over and we got to the epiplogue chapters. I wish we had gotten more of these. Everyone dealing with the aftermath was quite interesting and the wrap ups to character arcs felt rewarding. I also liked how the war left it's permanent mark on many heroes.

As for Deku, I was cool with his fate. Maybe a bit too depressing when you're a young man with your whole life ahead of you. Yeah encouraging others is nice and all, it still can't replace the feeling of being on the field. Need both to be fulfilled imo. So it's a good thing to end on an uplifting note. Love that Hori chose the iconic image with everyone jumping into action for the last page.

7/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 1, 5:19 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to KanYeeT
@KanYeeT True, the worst friends ever after everything they've been through
Aug 1, 5:25 AM

Oct 2022
the end of an era ...
Mha was my first manga I have started to read....this is not the best shounen manga or anime, i have red or watched ...but overall I enjoyed it ...this series had his ups and down...even though the ending feels like rushed....but it manages to deliver what it wanted to...i don't think I would see any other new gen manga to cross 400+ chapters like this...
The major problem of this manga was in last 50 chapters is its content of this manga feels rushed and contents were inadequate....there were various flows ....
overall i would rate this 7/10....It could be better if it was not rushed ...
Aug 1, 7:38 AM
Aug 1, 8:01 AM

May 2020
Yeah I mean, I’m not sure if we needed Shigaraki’s cameo in this final chapter, in any shape or form. Because I still can’t comprehend how he changed(IF HE ACTUALLY DID) Deku for good or even vice-versa. But yeah, the final chapter… happy ending… my hero academia of all series, so yeah it makes sense xD

I don’t even remember when exactly I started having genuine problems with this series, but yeah in the end they just accumulated over the time, and from that overhaul arc or something, they just became too evident to ignore or sound positive about. This final arc is just cherry on top xD

Btw, the popularity is fairly understandable, and tbh, the author never taking any sort of risks with his characters or his writing itself is a direct byproduct of that. I mean see how safely he concluded this finale as well lol. Good ol’ timeskip which just tells the fate of these characters over time and… just that. Can’t take the risk of ships lol. This will always be one of those things… not taking risks, that is, which would forever keep this series under the bracket of something which is just “popular”, and not “well-written”.

Oh well, was a very long journey. Not being able to read this weekly anymore would feel odd for a few weeks, but I guess I’ll get used to it xD This ending or this final arc didn’t change my perception for this series as a whole, but okay, just hope the author starts a shoujo manga after this. He’d do great there( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 1, 8:15 AM
Apr 2020
Reply to KanYeeT
@KanYeeT

They didn't ghost him. It just said that their time off work doesn't align often so they don't get many opportunities to hang out.
Aug 1, 11:05 AM
Feb 2018
I don’t know man. This was not a satisfying ending to me.

I wasn’t the biggest MHA fan, but it was one of the first shows I watched when I began viewing anime. It has a lot of high points (Sports Festival Arc, Liberation Arc) but it also has some very low lows (Vigilante Arc).

I enjoyed the final war arc enough, but then the epilogue stuff happens and it feels kind of “that’s it?” to me. Not open ended but like it wasn’t the coming-of-age story it seemed to be building itself as.

I’m not gonna get into shipping because quite honestly that doesn’t matter to me, but I would have put Deku and Urakaka together. It feels like the easiest choice.

Despite that, it does feel weird saying goodbye to this manga. Especially because it was in peak form when I began watching anime. Ten years of this and it’s over.

Wow.
Aug 1, 11:43 AM

Feb 2018
Taking a note from Demon Slayer we are given an epilogue chapter that gives you almost nothing. There are some sweet things given to us at the end here but so much has been lost and so many are hurt and damaged it still feels wrong to me. Not to mention after 430 chapters we deserve explicitly stated canon pairings and we just don't get that here except for two individuals.

Horikoshi had a really good run for his first big thing, but to me he fumbled way too many threads and left me ultimately unsatisfied.
Aug 1, 11:53 AM
Mar 2021
Goodbye Mha

Sadly the ending felt rushed
Aug 1, 2:13 PM
Mar 2009
Honestly, in my opinion, after Star's death, the manga went downhill, I didn't like this ending and I'm sad that it finished this way.
Uraraka and Deku ending separated was a huge fail!

BNH was a manga with a lot of potential and an extremely promising beginning, but unfortunately the author was unable to maintain the quality until the end!
Aug 1, 4:07 PM

Oct 2011
deku became iron man with support unit in the end
Aug 1, 7:08 PM
Sep 2020
KanYeeT said:

they never did that lmao, they definitely kept in contact with him it's just he couldn't do hero work and felt left behind
Aug 1, 8:48 PM
Feb 2021
I don't know what I have to think.
I just love bnha, and Izuku and Katsuki 😞
Aug 1, 8:54 PM

Oct 2017
Nice color page there. Used to like this quite a bit back in the days but the last 2-3 years were pretty much horrible. Thought it would end long ago but here we are finally. Not gonna miss it much but still goodbye.
Aug 1, 9:16 PM

Apr 2022
the color spread and final page made me feel nostalgic. this chapter was giving me a 'boruto: next generations' vibe for a second there lmao but at least they got their happy ending. the ending felt rushed and could've been a lot better but even though the series made me lose my interest a while ago, there was a time when i found it fun enough. love it or hate it though, it's undeniably still one of the most popular shounens out there and it was definitely a ride.
Aug 1, 10:09 PM

Oct 2013
And with that another one comes to an end. Ok ending, nothing crazy although I did get a laugh when All Might grabbed the "End" and tossed it lol.

Congratulations to Horikoshi-sensei for 10 years(!!!) of serialization!
Signature.
Aug 1, 10:31 PM

May 2016
So deku’s using the af1 technology is a power suit
Aug 1, 10:36 PM

Jul 2022
That's it.

As much as I've spent complaining week to week about what's going on and who was fighting who, I will absolutely miss this every Friday treat.

Reread the first chapter right before the last one just to tug on my heart a bit, and god damn it did. Deku being able to say the words to this kid that he wishes his mom told him, Deku being the figure the kid looks up to the same way he did to All Might... It being 8 years later makes me cry, seeing the UA kids as adults shakes me up inside.

I think it's the best ending for Deku to lose his power and become a teacher. I mean from the beginning all he did was research quirks and then he got to live their life. It's interesting the way this story is not just the story of how he became the greatest hero, but how all of MHA is just the story of a quirkless boy who got to live his dream out for a little while. It's really really sweet when you look at it in retrospect.

This series means a decent bit to me, as it was the show I started during COVID, and only my second anime ever... I have fond memories reading weekly chapters the past four years. I'll always appreciate Horikoshi's art and the journey he took us on, even if sometimes it was a little uhhh idk boring by the end. I do actually have tears in my eyes as I post this because it's very bittersweet to say I've finished this manga after all this time.

And the Shigaraki cameo at the end... Made me want to cry. Deku still seeing his visage wherever he goes, even 8 years later... Shigaraki's ending is something ppl don't talk about too much... Very melancholic, very sad... Nothing left to say.

Fantastic ending to a series that I've put a lot of time and thought into. What a way to go.

Thank you Horikoshi, I look forward to seeing whatever you have next in store for us. This was a blast!

Green Giorno, out!!
Green_GiornoAug 1, 10:40 PM
Aug 1, 10:42 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, it's really over. 10 years. Congrats Horikoshi. Reading the manga while listening to the OST was a joy.

I liked the ending but instead of Deku spending those 8 years as a civilian, I wish All Might offered him that item sooner considering his connection with Melissa Shield and Deku's relationship with Hatsume. All Might showed in the final battle that even the quirkless can become a hero. So I would've liked to see Deku still continue walking on the path to becoming a hero despite losing One For All, instead of settling as a teacher at UA. I mean Deku studied so many heroes and had a library of notes. Combine that with his own personal experience, it feels like he was destined to be a hero.

Other things I wish we could've seen were a scene with All Might, Gran Torino and Deku visiting the Shimura grave even if only brief. And also a last conversation between Deku and the previous One For All users, especially Yoichi, because it felt like their connection just ended abruptly. Other than that it was a nice ending. I loved that last panel too with the older Class 1-A now.
Aug 1, 11:48 PM

Jun 2014
I respect the ambitious goals the author had for the series as well as the overall contributions made to the community by the MHA team as a whole. MHA is a massive part of the culture and will have an impact for many years to come. For a lot of people, this was their first anime and manga. It's interesting to see the next generation experience something like this.

I truly did wish that we got the chance to see things more fleshed out.

Softhenic03 said:
I don’t even remember when exactly I started having genuine problems with this series, but yeah in the end they just accumulated over the time, and from that overhaul arc or something, they just became too evident to ignore or sound positive about. This final arc is just cherry on top xD

Btw, the popularity is fairly understandable, and tbh, the author never taking any sort of risks with his characters or his writing itself is a direct byproduct of that. I mean see how safely he concluded this finale as well lol. Good ol’ timeskip which just tells the fate of these characters over time and… just that. Can’t take the risk of ships lol. This will always be one of those things… not taking risks, that is, which would forever keep this series under the bracket of something which is just “popular”, and not “well-written”.

I really think you explained this rather well. As someone who started reading at the beginning, I wholeheartedly agree with you. Over time the cracks started to appear and it just became difficult to enjoy it as much as previously. And it's strange because, with all of the resources in the world, all the money, multiple movies, games and whatnot, why not take a few risks? You have a strong foundation to fall back on. But I suppose that wasn't in the cards for My Hero Academia.

Congratulations to everyone involved on a successful manga series, however. I hope Kohei comes back even better after a few years.
Aug 2, 1:06 AM
Dec 2022
It's been a long 10 year ride. Thank you, Horikoshi-sensei. Despite the ups and downs of the series, I really did enjoy reading/watching it. This truly was My Hero Academia.♥️
Aug 2, 1:50 AM
May 2016
A great conclusion. the heros really did their best to fix the society problems.

The idea of Uraraka doing quirk counseling is a genius one. It shows that she really put her mind into not creating a new Toga.

People giving importance to other jobs than heros was a great change in society. Unlike before where any profession that is not Hero was seen like a lame one. Now every role matters and everyone wants to fill something in society.

Togata being number 1 hero was something I really wanted since Overhaul arc. and now it happened !!!

Very good conclusion and writing. I wish the final war was better but I cant blame Horikochi, he made the same mistake as every shonen author. But he made a great morality at the end.

Thank you Horikochi for these amazing 10 years (8 years for me because I started reading in 2016 when S01 got out)
Aug 2, 3:24 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I guess its cool that we get a timeskip and see what some of the characters are doing but ultimately this chapter comes off to me as more of a nothing burger type of ending.

Series was actually good when it first started and then declined pretty hard over time imo so it will not be missed.

Aug 2, 4:04 AM

Jan 2012
It was a great Ending fitting for the manga, while other probably wished for ships to come true i prefer it this way. There isnt enough time to just push those characters into a love relationship. Its one of my criticsm with other Shounen manga like naruto or bleach.
Aug 2, 4:45 AM

Apr 2018
Didn't really like the series and the ending felt like... Insufficient? I don't really like that much those endings which most of it are the protagonist reflections of the whole series panel by panel as it seems redundant and like a subtext that we should have known, aside from that I'm not that much of a fan of how it handled the time skip and the last thing about Deku's power suit. But it could have been worse, much worse. Regardless of that, I'll surely miss Boku no Hero.
Aug 2, 5:18 AM

Nov 2017
genuniently think that's on the runners up for words anime endings...

Aug 2, 5:23 AM
Oct 2020
It's been 8 years and Deku still looks like a student lol.

Also still haven't seen Deku's dad.
Aug 2, 5:45 AM
Nov 2010
As vague an ending as you can get. I personally see this as a bonus since its so easy to mess up future epilogues. I am glad its over and I don't feel like I've wasted the years spent on this series. All I feel is grateful that I had the chance to experience it.
Aug 2, 6:05 AM
Jun 2019
Reply to IzanaSolos
I don't even know where to begin when it comes to My Hero Academia. It's not the best series out there, hell not even the best shounen out there. But for some odd reason, I'm feeling a lot of mixed emotions when it comes to this chapter. I feel sad, mad, disappointed, but mostly just nostalgia. This was one of the first shows I had watched. It feels like just yesterday that I was disappointed that I had finished season two of the anime and was like, is that it? That lead me onto this journey to where we are now. 10 year later. 430 chapters later. What a journey.

Entire chapter is about what you'd expect from a shounen final chapter. We get a look on everyone we've met up until now on this journey like Kouta, to which I have to say, seeing him be any height but like 2ft is very weird to see. Speaking of Kouta, really warmed my heart to see that him and Eri were holding hands in that one panel. Then we have the most Bakugo thing ever, with him blowing up the stage Iida was having his speech on. That one page where it showed all the kids all grown up now put a smile on my face. Especially seeing Eri grown up... </3

Biggest reveal is the fact that, yes, Deku lost his quirk for good. The embers are gone and put out. I have no problem with it. Just puts us right back where we started lol. Does raise the question about if Deku was truly the last OFA user then. Really liked the page where Deku's with that kid in front of the All Might statue. "You can become a hero"~ Damn. Our boy's really grown up.

Whole thing with All Might fits his character so well I couldn't help but chuckle at it. Wonder if this means in My Hero Shippuden, Deku'll be wearing the iron man suit now that All Might gave it to him lol. Also found it funny how this dude Bakugo putting extra money into this making the suit. Bro just wants a rival. Do find it weird that the FINAL chapter only had like 15 pages... uh okay lol. Ending the story off just like how we started and finally completing that quote we've heard for so long now. "That was the story of how we all became the greatest heroes."

In the end, this series has its high points, but it also has some major, major, MAJOR lows. It's not a perfect series, but it’s not a terrible one either. It's as average as a shounen—or any show—can be. Ending was pretty OK, like we didn't even get a confirmation that Deku and Ochako are at the very least dating? But at least it wasn't shit like everything that's happened after the Vigilante Deku arc, so whatever lol. It feels weird that this is now ended, considering this is probably one of the last shounen's we'll see in now that can reach 400 chapters. Just goes to show that the long-running shounen days are over. All that's left is for Black Clover and that'll probably be the last shounen series to break over 350 chapters.

This truly was our My Hero Academia.... Now all that's left is for the anime to adapt this by next year knowing Bones. Until then ig.
This: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?goto=post&topicid=2171933&id=71480311

I couldn't said it any better.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Aug 2, 7:12 AM

Jul 2013
Its been 10 years huh?

I started reading this after the end of season 1.
What a memory....

Sorry state deku arc is still the best in my book ♥
Aug 2, 7:21 AM

Nov 2021
Nivo3041 said:
Didn't really like the series and the ending felt like... Insufficient? I don't really like that much those endings which most of it are the protagonist reflections of the whole series panel by panel as it seems redundant and like a subtext that we should have known, aside from that I'm not that much of a fan of how it handled the time skip and the last thing about Deku's power suit. But it could have been worse, much worse. Regardless of that, I'll surely miss Boku no Hero.

yeah me too I think it didn't get a prop conclusion it should have been ..
whatever I am happy, the author did not drag the future epilogue 🙂

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Aug 2, 7:27 AM

Mar 2015
following this series since it's first chapter. saying goodbye to it make me sad. in the end, everything after first AFO vs OFA fight wasn't as interesting as i hope for. my biggest pet peeve is the way horikoshi write antagonist. they are soo terrible and try hard to made them "gray" was hypocritical at best. still, i would lying to say i didn't enjoy my time reading this manga. the ending actually went better than i expected. 7/10. looking forward for author next works!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 2, 8:11 AM

Aug 2020
Aug 2, 8:26 AM

Apr 2019
A decade of mha. It’s done a lot for the animanga community no matter if you loved or hated it. You don’t get to experience many series that last as long as these do. They don’t happen much so enjoy the moment.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 392 Discussion

Odabrani - Jun 21, 2023

32 by KoniginElle »»
Today, 8:16 AM

» question about the ending

asdewqw3erfgt - Aug 29

18 by removed-user »»
Today, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 391 Discussion

deg - Jun 14, 2023

37 by KoniginElle »»
Sep 20, 2:07 PM

» When will the chapter count be updated?

Ellenwitch - Sep 19

3 by AriLumani »»
Sep 20, 6:22 AM

» 👑 Boku no Hero Academia Character Ranking 👑 ( 1 2 )

nirererin - Sep 5

70 by UberBat »»
Sep 19, 4:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.