Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Laid-Back Camp
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 25, 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
These girls really know how to make the most of their oudoor adventures. Gotta love Nadeshiko's reactions this episode and the beautiful background scenes. There's also the dam and roads blended in with nature. The lakes too had a great natural feel. Truly though, this episode captures the essence of Omuroyama and its area.

Very good episode imo.
Apr 25, 7:28 AM

Dec 2021
Time for Nadeshiko's solo adventure!

Nadeshiko enjoys a solo train journey while interacting with passengers. After arriving at her destination station, she crosses a suspension bridge and heads for the campsite. However, since there was time before Rin and Ayano arrived, Nadeshiko decides to explore the nearby dam before starting camp preparations, then boards the train again to head towards the Okuoikojo Station. Meanwhile, Rin and Ayano continue their tour, exploring suspension bridges while navigating a treacherous path where rocks are rolling down.

Now that the gang's all here, it's time for some genuine Laid Back Camp fun.

Apr 25, 7:31 AM

Feb 2020
I love it when the best girl gets more screen time. Nadeshiko with her hilarious facial expressions is always pure gold. :3

It's nice to see how much she enjoys her solo adventures these days.

That one bridge was so scary!

SerafosApr 25, 9:11 AM
Apr 25, 8:00 AM

Apr 2010
That tunnel was a pretty harsh place to crose for Nadeshiko but she made it through even with the scary things placed in it.
She met some nice girls on the train and enjoyed tooling around.
The other girls had fun with a scary bridge which was funny to watch.
Apr 25, 8:04 AM

Apr 2016
You know, Nadeshiko does struck me as a person that was told many, many times when she was young to not accept candies from strangers on the train ... and she never listened to that advice, lol.
Apr 25, 8:07 AM
Dec 2018
I'm... Speechless! I can't describe much how silly this episode and the adventures all of Nadeshiko, Rin and Ayano have. With Nadeshiko at first struggling to cross the tunnel hysterically until she made it to the campground, Ayano nearly crashing in a rocky road, and/or both Rin and Ayano shaking on the Hatanagi Suspension Bridge, their adventures turned into the silly ones rofl.
Apr 25, 8:07 AM

Apr 2014
That suspension bridge was fking scary.
The train in this episode is using the ABT rack system. It's the system where there is an extra cog wheel(s) and the extra rack rail acting as a third rail to help the train climb up steep gradients.

Locations:
Abt-Ichishiro Station
Ichishiro Camping Ground
Nagashima Dam
Okuoikojo Station
Okuoikojo Station Viewpoint
Gas Station
Ikawa Suspension Bridge
Oden Restaurant
Hatanagi Dam
Hatanagi Suspension Bridge
Shirakabaso
AkeZZZApr 25, 12:41 PM
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 25, 8:16 AM
Jul 2023
Damn, the episode turn into a horror episode near the end, what a terrifying and terrible situation Rin and Ayano found themselves in.
Apr 25, 8:20 AM

Jul 2017
Episode was okay. A bit bored at times but by the end, was alright seeing Rin and Ayano bond even more as the bikers in this series and seeing Rin grow from the start of the series to truly embrace traveling and camping with others like that. Didn't care much for the suspension bridge explorations but it did lead to some goofy moments between the two of them to bond even stronger with the chaotic moments they survived through in their adventures. Nadeshiko was on her own little journey and it was far more peaceful I would say, excluding being scared like that. Her portion of this episode was fairly boring but it is what it is, at least it is nice to finally see her, Rin and Ayano be together in next week's episode. I will give credit that the journey was meant to be very long and the anime conveyed that well since it has felt like forever for me since we got to actually see genuine camping and finally get to see the three of them together after quite some time.
Apr 25, 8:28 AM

Mar 2024
Can I please have just one percent of Nadeshikos enthusiasm? It's so motivating to see her explore the world.
Apr 25, 8:46 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A train ride through an area that has such great views sure looked nice. The merge animation was amusing. The walk through the tunnel though sure needed some steady nerves. The seven tunnels sure was a cute idea. That suspension bridge though sure looked risky. I sure would'nt been able to cross it. Okuoikojo station sure was a pretty unique location. Rin and Ayano's route sure would be one that produces the most unique of memories for them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 8:50 AM

Feb 2021
Apparently Rin's surname, Shima (志摩 lit. something like "ambition polish") is written with the same characters as the city in Mie
*Dark Gathering tunnel flashbacks*
7:17 "Dreams, greenery and natural beauty created by water. Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Chubu Regional Development Bureau, Nagashima Dam."

Btw what did Rin and Ayano do with their bikes when crossing all the other bridges? They crossed them just to check them out and went back again each time I guess?
10:28 マッチポンプ (macchi ponpu) - stirring up trouble in order to get credit for resolving it; profiting from solving problems created by oneself (From English “match”, From Dutch; Flemish “pomp”, in ref. to lighting a match and then putting it out with a water pump.). Honestly I don't really get how this relates to the scene? Or did I mishear it?

Crossing a bridge like that sounds fire, I'd really enjoy it lol
Scene after credits! The trio will finally come together next episode ~‿~
Apr 25, 8:53 AM

Oct 2016
did Nadeshiko get to eat a boiled egg? i kinda remember it happening in the manga but i may be wrong, so idk if they didnt show it or im schidzo
Apr 25, 8:57 AM

Mar 2021
It's so amazing see Nadeshiko having her own solo adventures her facial expressions when she had to go through the scary tunnel was both hilarious and cute.
Apr 25, 9:03 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Mikarin_Enjoyer
did Nadeshiko get to eat a boiled egg? i kinda remember it happening in the manga but i may be wrong, so idk if they didnt show it or im schidzo
@Mikarin_Enjoyer Yeah, last episode in the bento that was modeled after the dam
Apr 25, 9:38 AM

Jul 2017
Nadeshiko meeting two girls who are on their way to see cherry blossoms at Ikawa in Mie Prefecture, it's also another place to consider in the future. Aside from the cool train-linking of normal and ABT trains, Nadeshiko has to take a walk to the next station...but pass a dark tunnel to the campsite, which is rather frightening alone, even with the locals putting a spooky infotainment which can easily scare people. That said, the area near Nagashima Dam is quite the scenic campsite where Nadeshiko really had fun alone, but she can't miss the train for the boiled egg since she arrived early. Meanwhile, the motorcycle ride was rather dangerous for Ayano, though thankfully she's got the skills, and Nadeshiko awaiting both of them while killing time.

Meanwhile, both Ayano and Rin resting their motorcycles from the long journey and having sonme Oden in Ikawa, they need to get moving to Lake Hatanagi quick, passing the 7 Tashiro tunnels. And finally, after 45km from starting in Seizu, they made it. The suspension bridge is another icon of the area, but this is filled with an even bumpier route, so they have to walk the way there. The Lake Hatanagi Ootobashi is a real challenge to go through with a very limited pax and unstable dynamics and is easily NOT for the faint of heart, plus bears, which forced both girls to walk back on the bridge once again. Nadeshiko in Okuoikojo to try the hard-boiled egg, while both Ayano and Rn are desperately tired from their "unfortunate series of events", their bond is ever so strong, being girls driving mopeds and still aways to go to the campsite.

Ganbatte Rin and Ayano...34km left to go.
Apr 25, 10:32 AM

Mar 2023
The facial expressions were gold this time
Apr 25, 10:57 AM

Feb 2019
Nadeshiko being scared to go thru the tunnel is so real. But the view of Nagashima Dam was well worth it. Another cute episode with the girls making their way to the campsite, albeit with some detours along the way.

The best part about these journeys through the Japanese countryside is being able to meet and talk to random people like Aya and Rin with the old lady in the oden shop and Nadeshiko with the lady on the train. Just small moments like that make these trips so fun and memorable.

Another suspension bridge for Rin and Aya to cross, no way in hell I’m going across one that shakes like that lmao. I went across one in Quebec last week that was bolted down with heavy metal rods and it still swayed a bit and I was nervous. No shot I’m going across a little one like that. And they got rewarded with a bear warning sign for their troubles 😂

At least they got a nice Onsen trip at the end of the day. They deserved it after that long journey and hike.

Another really cute and calming ep, next ep the girls should be together finally and camping.
Marinate1016Apr 25, 11:36 AM
Apr 25, 12:38 PM

Feb 2010
At least they're close to the campsite now. Seeing all these bridges low key makes me wish I could take this trip and see them in real life
Apr 25, 1:04 PM

Feb 2014
The facial expressions for this episode was top notch, but I have to give the best one overall to Nadeshiko after seeing the skeleton in the tunnel. I love my cinnamon roll a lot, but I burst out laughing when she reacted like that and ran away at full speed! XD

Still, at least she made it to the campsite and secured a spot before continuing her solo adventure on foot as well as hopping back onto the train. The scenic view that she saw looked amazing.

As for Ayano and Rin, their own adventure on the twisty and steep roads did exhaust them as much as their mopeds did getting them to Hatanagi. The duo made me laugh plenty of times during their perilous crossing of the Hatanagi suspension bridge, but I'm proud that they were able to cross it successfully. The visit to the onsen afterwards must've felt like heaven after how busy their say has been.

I'm looking forward to having all three of them reunite at the campsite. The title already has my appetite excited for what they'll be cooking!
Apr 25, 1:32 PM
Jan 2021
Aya x Rin are a fun pairing
Apr 25, 3:55 PM
Apr 2023
This episode has more interaction about Rin-chan and Ayano-chan about riding together. Plus, that's more sidekick talking inanimate objects than before like this picture. I can't wait in next episode when Nadeshiko, Rin, and Ayano has been camping.
Apr 25, 6:26 PM

Apr 2022
nadeshiko was dying in that tunnel lol, suspension bridge went crazy
Apr 25, 7:21 PM

Feb 2016
AYANO MY BELOVED AYANO MY BELOVED AYANO MY BELOVED AYANO MY BELOVED AYANO MY BELOVED AYANO MY BELOVED !!!!!!!!!!!

Again, this episode was a lot of fun, got genuine laughs out of me, I adore this.
Rin and Aya in the brige went so hard loool and Nadeshiko in the tunnel was absolutely hilarious XD

I LOVE THIS ANIME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Apr 25, 9:10 PM

Dec 2022
I've never ridden a moped but god traveling such a distance has to be hell. Having good public transport would mean I probably just use that like Nadeshiko.

Apr 25, 9:38 PM

Oct 2022
Rin looked so done progressively with each tunnel she passed through.
Apr 26, 12:51 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
It'd be fun for the next episode if Rin and Aya walk back to their bikes until night falls and they find all kind of bugs and nature things that they can mistake for ghosts.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Apr 26, 12:59 AM

Nov 2022
Konnichi wa Rocks are NOT as fun as Konnichi wa Pinecones...
Apr 26, 1:03 AM

Oct 2022
I just love the combination of Rin and Ayano.
Apr 26, 1:04 AM

May 2015
Sometimes Hiking can be dangerous.
Apr 26, 1:19 AM

Dec 2022
That lucky gas station cashier got a generous tip from Rin - 1 yen! She's so stingy. 😀
Apr 26, 1:36 AM

Nov 2022
Lol Aya and Rin seeing the bear sign "NOPE lets return" XD
Apr 26, 3:37 AM
Oct 2019
Scary Tunnel and Scary suspension bridge lol

I really enjoyed Rin & Ayano chemistry.
Apr 26, 4:12 AM
Mar 2018
A precious little episode! I really enjoyed the interactions between Nadeshiko and her two travel (or rather, snacking) companions.

Also, Rin and Ayano on that bridge was such a funny scene! XD
Apr 26, 4:41 AM

Jul 2015
What the actual fcuk is this alternate reality?!

Apr 26, 4:57 AM

Apr 2012
Good anime ,isn't a masterpiece but still...
Apr 26, 5:55 AM
Oct 2021
fantastic episode, great to see the adventure
Apr 26, 6:44 AM

Oct 2022
I wish those two onee-chans on the train had stuck around longer. I thought they would be a bigger part of Nadeshiko's adventure.

Apr 26, 7:28 AM

Dec 2022
If they make a "Grandriders" show with Rin and Aya, I'd certainly watch it.
Apr 26, 9:17 AM
Sep 2016
MAGORIDERS!!!!

I never regret my life choices, I like doing and living my current life. But still, it's exactly the kind of adv these last 2 EPs have delivered are what make me questions, "what am I doing with my life?", or "why can't I have the kind of teen they had here?". Kinda melancholic, I guess. There're a lot of anime more focused on adv than Yuru Camp, but still these last 2 EPs hits REAL HARD to my existential crisis!

And, GODDAMN! Afro-sensei is merciless! Those poor background artists (or the ones taking those pics for their references, i.e. PAs) HAVE to take on those trecherous paths and tracks and bridges themselves IRL for this anime.... RIP!!!
uncleqrowApr 26, 9:23 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 26, 10:36 AM

Oct 2022
I liked that the episode showed the more complicated side of camping, unfortunately those two women didn't continue with Nadeshiko.
UndefeatedBahamut
Apr 26, 10:40 AM

Dec 2022
Really happy for Rin to finally have a touring buddy. Her dynamic with Nadeshiko has always been great and of course she makes a very good solo camper, but seeing her with a bike friend is still real nice.
Apr 26, 10:49 AM

Jul 2012
I love Ayano, so I am really glad she is getting more screen time this season. The facial expressions on the bridge were so funny. I liked how they even mentioned them while in the hot spring. Good episode!!
Apr 26, 11:40 AM
Mar 2015
There are bike riders and train riders Either way can be fun
Apr 26, 4:09 PM

Oct 2022
I will say the animation team have perfected the ability to run normal photographs into a static anime scene that squinting makes it look like a real photo.
Apr 26, 4:12 PM

Dec 2022
Felt bad seeing Rin and Aya needing 2 hours to travel 34km. In the stories so far Rin is limited by her 50cc scooter, so would love to see a grown up Rin (and maybe Aya too) riding more powerful bikes.
Apr 26, 11:41 PM

Mar 2017
Rin and Aya are so strong to be able to travel for hours in a motor. I remember tagging along with my brother in his motor and my butt hurt like hell. Having a good public transport is indeed a privilege, how I wish our government prioritized making the public transportation better than corrupting our country's funds lol.

anyways I agree with Rin and Aya, going back is such a pain during a trip lol

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Apr 27, 12:20 AM

Mar 2007
Suspension bridges are no joke! They're like ... the hiking equivalent of watching a horror movie. Then they had the beware of bears sign and I started laughing, thinking of that old movie The Edge (with Anthony Hopkins) that starred a very vicious bear. I would be turning back right about then.
Apr 27, 2:00 AM
Dec 2022
More lakes and suspension bridges. Who would have known that Nadeshiko has a fear of tunnel. Plus the locals decorated the unused tunnel with local ghosts are a funny feature except for those afraid of such things. Lol The suspension bridge at Lake Hatanagi is sure not for the faint-hearted. Nice scenery as usual.
Apr 27, 3:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was chill for Nadeshiko... except that tunnel with the scary decorations lol, meanwhile the other girls are just struggling with the many tunnels and bridges, at least they didn't try fighting bears
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 30

50 by Hikinekomori »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 23

63 by povsuduvolosy »»
Yesterday, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 16

68 by povsuduvolosy »»
Yesterday, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9

68 by FMmatron »»
Yesterday, 2:08 PM

» Thoughts on the studio change and new character design? ( 1 2 )

Blitzorr - Jul 9, 2023

77 by smoothw »»
May 28, 6:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.