Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Galaxy Next Door
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 17, 2023 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
I wish they didn't put so much pressure on Shiori and Ichirou. This whole pact thing has become a source of tension compared to some of the wholesome episodes.

Even with all this family tension, it looks like they still treasure their memories. 
Stark700Jun 17, 2023 11:30 AM
Jun 17, 2023 9:43 AM
Feb 2022
at this Point i dont know what to say
Jun 17, 2023 10:55 AM

Dec 2022
the thorn removal went without a hitch also we already knew Kuga had genuine feelings for Goshiki it wouldn't be romance otherwise
Jun 17, 2023 11:04 AM

Mar 2021
Wow that ending was beautiful Its great to see that they still love and care for each other
Jun 17, 2023 11:07 AM

Apr 2016
Kuga the good guy all around, always helping his dad, always being considerate of his classmates, always helping others to do their job ... but now he has a smoking blonde girl who is literally his wife, SO WHOS LAUGHING NOW SUCKERRRRRS!

Also, so much ruckus about that pointy thing above her butt ... and then its just ... wellp, done xD
Jun 17, 2023 11:22 AM

Apr 2010
Well the little guy was pretty aggressive with his love but it didn't work out for him which is a good things for our couple.
It looks like their relationship survived the first hurdle and hopefully it will survive many more it's a good thing that things worked out.
Jun 17, 2023 11:26 AM

Jul 2017
The guy who has been doing things on his own all along, Ichiro is that guy without the support of a family.

Momiji Makado and Keigo Komaki are here to witness the annulling of Ichiro and Shiori's pact through the stinger's removal, using forceps (or tweezers). While Keigo gets some rest from the seasick journey to Earth, Makado prepares the clothing for the tradition on Ichiro, with Shiori having her measurements taken from the island. This relationship has been always the point of tension between the couple and the Star People, and to have it annulled, finally takes the stress off everyone. With Keigo's questioning however, Shiori begins to have second thoughts that her relationship with Ichiro would remain the same, and to both Fumio and Machi, they're relieved that both are still staying. Furthermore, this is New Year's so Chihiro isn't around, and leaving the siblings to Momoka is an ideal step into taking their relationship right.

A momentary trip down memory lane for Shiori, and to experience love the way she knows how, it's a double-edged sword if the relationship with Ichiro did not turn out the way she hoped it to be. And none is wiser than the day of the ceremony, and the couple don traditional clothings to commence the Stinger Removal, along with the wine proceedings to extract it out of Ichiro, which severs the connection between the couple from the pact. Still, Ichiro's feelings to Shiori remain genuine, and there's nothing stopping them now.

No more restrictions, just romance.
Jun 17, 2023 11:58 AM

Dec 2017
It's cool to see in the history's details that Keigo loves Shiori as the island's princess, he simply loves her existence (like admiration maybe?). We can see it with his reaction upon seeing Shiori in her traditional attire, he doesn't notice her uneasiness about the stinger's removal.
Instead, Ichirou notices it right away.
I think It shows well how the islanders simply admire the princess's existence and not her own identity/personality.

Hope the islanders open their minds a little (and don't turn in a bad cult).
Praise the Sun ! Praise Ufotable !! 🙌☀️
Jun 17, 2023 12:21 PM
Jul 2021
Is it just me or does Makado remind anyone else of Himeno from Chainsaw Man? 🤣🤔🤷🏽‍♂️
Jun 17, 2023 12:22 PM

Nov 2011
Holy shit thank you GOD he still loves her. Man my eyes started SPILLING during that scene. So happy.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 17, 2023 12:46 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It all sounded fine and dandy until the seeds of uncertainty were planted by Momiji and Keigo, I figured they were wrong but of course there was no way to be certain, and that was enough to get Ichiro and Goshiki to start having doubts about the annulment. I liked the bits of Ichiro’s backstory we got here as well, it helped the climax hit even harder.

But man, that moment where Ichiro said that he still loves her was the beesiest of knees, it was so good that I couldn’t just say bees knees lol. So we can finally kiss the engagement ordeal goodbye and the two of them can move past it, I’m curious as to how they will proceed with their relationship from here but I know it will be sweet no matter what lol. And with one episode left, I can say this has been a really nice show, my SoL Saturday wouldn’t be complete without it.
Jun 17, 2023 12:51 PM

Feb 2023
I FREAKING CRIED AT THE END DUDE

"Bocchi the Rock!" - Ijichi Nijika

Jun 17, 2023 12:54 PM
Aug 2022
Even though I knew everything would be fine in the end Ichiro and shiori worrying made me worry as well.

Another great episode
Jun 17, 2023 2:43 PM
Mar 2023
The supernatural element of this show is so boring
Jun 17, 2023 3:04 PM

May 2015
What a weird ceremony, and that creepy shota... yikes. 

At least their feelings for each other are true, and I'm glad they didn't stretch the drama about it for too long.
Jun 17, 2023 6:38 PM

Sep 2018
God, these two are pathetic sometimes. And yeah, I agree, the supernatural element of this is incredibly lame.

"Cried at the end" lol, rolled my eyes at the end, ridiculous.
Jun 17, 2023 7:43 PM
Oct 2021
what the heck
I've been watching the whole season in x1.5 bc i found it a little boring
and this ep was like a complete 180😭
from the backstory at the beginning
all of it was very cute and emotional 🥲
Jun 17, 2023 8:23 PM

Aug 2022
Shiori's smiles is precious, she's so beautiful at this episode, no i mean at whole ep. Not gonna lie best girl.
RafaBryanJun 17, 2023 8:31 PM
Jun 17, 2023 8:26 PM

Apr 2022
well that was a nice ending. no obligations but kuga still ain't letting go. 
didn't like the plucking scene tho, not a fan of looking at those.

the kid was annoying, glad he got taken away. 
kuga's always been a real nice guy tho huh. good for him.
Jun 17, 2023 10:19 PM
Apr 2023
GakutoDeathGlare said:
God, these two are pathetic sometimes. And yeah, I agree, the supernatural element of this is incredibly lame.

you can have your opinion, but mocking other people opinions is "pathetic"
Jun 17, 2023 10:29 PM

Sep 2018
einstorage6691 said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:

you can have your opinion, but mocking other people opinions is "pathetic"
Ridiculous, as in the episode and the ending scene especially, not some random posters opinion. Not that I should have to explain myself to you.
Jun 17, 2023 10:31 PM
Apr 2023
This was a great episode probably the best of the series.
They were finally able to prove that their love is not influenced by the effects of the thorn (or the alien symbiote). While it is sort of Stockholm Syndrome, it still is true love borne of the time they spent understanding each other. Cheeky Keigo with his shallow perspective of love gets a dose of eye-opening about the matter.

With the anime ending, it looks like this would be a nice manga to pick up next.
Jun 17, 2023 11:55 PM
Sep 2021
The pact was dissolved between kuga and shiori but their feelings to each other didn't change and this incident made their bond even stronger.
Jun 18, 2023 4:57 AM

Nov 2013
Pretty tense moment there. I also thought he'd get some type of "amnesia" or something due to stinger removal. I wonder if it's that simple though? Can he be stung again later when their bond becomes official?

P.S Found the lil guy annoying.
Jun 18, 2023 8:43 AM

Mar 2014
So they got the pact annuled (with a goddamn tweezer) and they still have feelings for each other... Hmmm who could've seen that coming

Btw that lil dude is pretty annoying but I'm felt kinda not sorry that he has no chance with Hime
Jun 18, 2023 8:49 AM
Jan 2019
Best episode so far. Felt the most real, talking about true emotions and fears that we can relate to.
Jun 18, 2023 12:44 PM

Jan 2021
Ohh some Kuga backstory, that was nice to see. Keigo & Momiji have arrived but Keigo is seasick lol. Its time to take the measurements for the annul pact. It looks like both Shiori & Kuga aren't in the best mood. Momiji thinks Kuga only loves Shiori because of the pact, so does Keigo when telling to Shiori. Man wants to become Shiori's prince lmfao, back off.

They have some hot chocolate. Momoka calls Kuga after a long while. Some flashbacks with Keigo & Shiori and when Shiori discovered manga for the first time. Shiori didn't get much sleep after that dream. The day has arrived of the annul pact and this boy Keigo won't stop i swear. Shiori doesn't look the best with having bags under her eyes. Kuga arrives and they perform the pact to remove the string from Kuga's head. It all goes so fast but it was successful without any incident. Kuga is in shock while Shiori bursts out in tears telling him if he still loves her, which LUCKILY Kuga says YES. Omg i thought it was done for, I'm so glad it has a good ending to the episode. I'm so glad for those two.

Jun 18, 2023 3:42 PM
Feb 2015
I mean, I thought the two mentioned some time ago they were gonna still love each other and date even after the annulment succeeded ahahahahahhah
That little runt Keigo tryna stir shit up and change people's thoughts where his business isn't necessary, the little past passage with Goshiki asking Keigo why he loves her and he says Because you are Princess is like when you fall in love with a popstar and wanna marry them because they are famous, or like say if you got close with someone in the Monarchy and was like I love you because you are royalty ✨✨✨ or something like that.

It's a shame the island turned out the way they are, even granny not having intended they would turn out as single-minded as they are with the devotion of the Princess.
That is some cult shit that's very very exclusive, like they live under a rock or something.
Jun 18, 2023 8:37 PM

May 2019
I thought that Kuga's stinger would've been on his lower back or something, kind of like Shiori's, and not on his forehead. Anyways, I'm not a big fan of the stinger supernatural stuff but now that that is out of the way this romance will probably proceed more traditional. On a side note, I doubt anyone thought that Kuga would've lost feelings for her after the annulment, didn't they say they planned to move forward after that anyways?

With one episode remaining it will probably end without any other big developments other than some New Year's fireworks but there's some unaddressed items such as Shiori's mom assuming that they will eventually break up and counts on Shiori coming home.
Jun 18, 2023 11:54 PM

Jan 2021
It was on everyone's mind throughout the season, and this episode served to show that there was a good chance their relationship couldn't last without the stinger pact. However, Ichiro was able to break through that barrier. This whole episode had me anxious, especially watching Ichiro and Shiori tear themselves apart thinking about what might happen. I kind of teared up a bit when he said he loves her.

Jun 19, 2023 11:37 AM
Jan 2018
True love does not forget ❤️
Jun 19, 2023 1:39 PM
Sep 2022
Muito boa a história e a animação.
Jun 20, 2023 4:38 AM

Oct 2021
I didn't know Mari from Evangelion was in this.

I knew Keigo was out the moment he said "because you're the princess" to Goshiki. She never even considered him for a second lol. 
SaltyCookieJun 20, 2023 9:10 AM
Jun 20, 2023 9:47 AM
Apr 2021
Wholesome romance
Jun 20, 2023 10:30 AM
Oct 2010
They don't play it up much, but the background of the village turning into a hivemind cult after an unknown visitor from the abyss of space is some real Lovecraftian nightmare fuel. This show could have gone down a waaaaay darker path haha

I love the contrasts they made in this episode between how 'her people' treat her and how he does. Bratgo coming in and going all sparkly-eyed 'Princess pretty!' drooling, while Ichirou's first reaction on seeing her was a look of concerned and asking if she was feeling okay was the most blatant wannaslapabrat moment, but contrasting how Ichirou's treated her throughout the season to how the village just all seem to be in love with the symbol of 'The Princess' is the most damning. Her supporter gets it, just the gentle hints of approval she shows are heartwarming.
Jun 20, 2023 3:45 PM

Jul 2016
Ah~ Nothing better than seeing an annoying shouta getting NTR'd to conclude this arc.
Jun 21, 2023 12:33 AM
Feb 2023
cstolentino said:
Wholesome romance

yep that's true and hopefully it will happen in the rl 🤧

Biography

RomCom Lovers!
Jun 21, 2023 4:15 AM

Apr 2021
It’s true love! Not just an enchantment due to the pact. Shiori deserves true happiness than just being enslaved from her traditional land.

Jun 21, 2023 10:32 AM

Oct 2008
d'awwwww..the mediocre romance overflowed a bit! lolz
4/5.

Jun 22, 2023 5:43 PM
Jul 2014
this episode was a buildup of pointless tension and drama, they already established their principles of wanting null the pact for the validation of their version of "true love" in previous episodes. i get that its the season finale and they need a climax but surely they can find something else to write about.
Jun 24, 2023 10:27 AM

May 2020
So much of buildup about annulling the pact, and it turns out they love each other lol. Not that we ever thought otherwise.

Though we didn't really need the supernatural aspect, did we? Anyways good for them and loved the tears of that shouta.
Jun 25, 2023 1:50 AM

Oct 2017
They nulled the pact but they still love each other, what a surprise, truly. Didn't really find that scene much emotional but good for them. That brat though, so annoying.
Jun 26, 2023 9:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was sad when they finally removed the needle, but of course it didn't change anything regarding his love for her, the kid really wish it was him ahah
Jul 1, 2023 8:18 PM
Mar 2023
Really, there were many mixed feelings between the two of them in this chapter, uncertainty, fear, and hesitation to cancel the contract since it is an unprecedented procedure, there is no certainty that the love they have will last outside of the bond that supposedly He forces them to be united, thankfully everything ended well and I didn't have to spend the rest of the day in pain. See you the final episode :,)
Jul 3, 2023 6:17 AM

Jun 2021
O my god! This episode is the best one ever.
The emotional trauma going up and down. And the last scene.

Truly it is the best rom-com for 2023 spring...... Others are good too, like "angel next door" and "yamada kun lev999" but this one is best
Yandere_@lover
Jul 5, 2023 6:34 AM

Sep 2012
SouthRzVa said:
Ah~ Nothing better than seeing an annoying shouta getting NTR'd to conclude this arc.
hes not shota but a child, child looking like hes age is not shota, hes is and looks like 10-12, and about him saying soon i am no a kid anymore, in a lot of anime 15 is that age but even 18 is soon for 10-12 

my prediction, in future he comes back and does the NTRing by forcefully getting stung by her and her mother will be over the moon and bush her x that kid 

Sugram22Jul 5, 2023 6:38 AM
Jul 5, 2023 6:49 AM

Sep 2012
BonBonToro said:
I mean, I thought the two mentioned some time ago they were gonna still love each other and date even after the annulment succeeded ahahahahahhah
That little runt Keigo tryna stir shit up and change people's thoughts where his business isn't necessary, the little past passage with Goshiki asking Keigo why he loves her and he says Because you are Princess is like when you fall in love with a popstar and wanna marry them because they are famous, or like say if you got close with someone in the Monarchy and was like I love you because you are royalty ✨✨✨ or something like that.

It's a shame the island turned out the way they are, even granny not having intended they would turn out as single-minded as they are with the devotion of the Princess.
That is some cult shit that's very very exclusive, like they live under a rock or something.
i don't think the kid meant it that way its just he cant explain it he just feels what he feels but its a result of their culture and cult like mentality, its not like cult but comes close to being one and that environment produces kids like him, its similar to if ur supper fan for a idol (in her island she basically is a idol) and that can be for some similar feeling to love and can lead to love but sins hes a kid he mistakes it for love

Jul 5, 2023 8:20 AM

Mar 2010
That smol lad was based for wanting to marry the gal. lets be honest goshiki forced himself to even like her, tis more phantasy bs that male beta's swallow up.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 7, 2023 6:46 PM

Jan 2019
so sweet :') so so so warm
Jul 17, 2023 3:36 AM

Jun 2019
Ah... it was so good. Made me tear up in the end during their confession. It was sad. The tomboy was super cute.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sir_4lpha_ - Mar 19, 2023

125 by Tsinelas »»
Jun 20, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

72 by fatanimetitties »»
May 17, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

44 by AZINRO »»
Jan 21, 2:16 AM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2023

33 by zayanime »»
Oct 10, 2023 3:45 PM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

37 by zayanime »»
Oct 10, 2023 3:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.