Forum Settings
Forums

Why are these popular and/or considered "good"?

New
Mar 15, 2017 7:28 AM

Aug 2016
Hi, predjudging anime fan here.

So there are tons of highly rated animes that are also popular and some are quite long so instead of mindlessly diving into them (because I've seen some parts and they didn't seem so amazing), I decided to ask you, professionals, why are these shows "great" or "entertaining" (with no/least spoilers please):

Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan
Hunter X Hunter (2011)
Clannad
Shinsekai Yori
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 15, 2017 7:32 AM

Oct 2013
I can't honestly tell you why Clannad is that great without spoiling since I would need to go in depth on the show
also its not Clannad so to say that is popular
its After Story
Mar 15, 2017 7:34 AM

Jan 2017
TTGL is super hype and that basically resonates through the whole show imo. also the scale of the show itself is massive and it's great
bats are just rat angels
Mar 15, 2017 7:50 AM

Jun 2014
Clannad isn't good, can't defend that one. However, After Story has some major feels towards the end. But you have to wade through a lot of crap to get there.

Attack on Titan is alright. The visuals/atmosphere are great, and the plot has a lot of potential. It's yet to reach that potential, the pacing isn't the best, and the characters are pretty boring. But it's not a bad time.

FMA is generally THE show where hardcores and normies can agree is good. Great characters, solid plot, alchemy is cool, not a whole lot of plot armor, dark themes, but still fun like a shounen. If you wanna watch both, go original before Brotherhood, because it's more difficult to appreciate OG FMA's pacing after Brotherhood. If you wanna just watch one, go Brotherhood.

Gurren Lagann is super dumb on the surface, but a masterpiece when looked at in a certain way. You have to be able to either appreciate abandoning oppressive logic as a narrative concept, or just turn off your brain and enjoy shenanigans. I think GL and Kill la Kill as well are fantastic in the way they use their absurdity to criticize those who let the rules of others dictate what they feel they can or cannot do or believe in.

Shinsekai yori is incredible IF you're into socio-politics. If you're into anime for the thrill ride, it won't do much for you, but if you want a brilliant and harrowing fantastical mirror image of our societal problems shone on you, you can't do much better.

Hunter x Hunter is the best shounen. In many ways, it's the anti-shounen. The "main" character isn't even the strongest in his group, let alone close to the top of the universe, you could argue there are two mains (moreso than Edward/Alphonse from FMA), fighting ability is not the end all be all trait to have, fights are won through tactics rather than strength, the Chimera Ant arc delves into philosophy better than most philosophy focused works, etc. It's long, and if you hate shounen, the beginning might not do enough to change your mind, but the genre itself gets no better.

Hope that helps at least a bit!
bastard_of_youngMar 15, 2017 7:56 AM
TEN COMMANDMENTS:
1) If Evangelion and Psycho-Pass are his only 10s, he probably also worships Tool and smells like cheesy puffs 2) Freudian psychosis =/= good writing 3) Moe blob art style is only ok in pure slice-of-life comedy 4) It's ok to enjoy shounen. Having fun is allowed 5) It is not ok to enjoy isekai (jk, it is, I just fucking hate it) 6) Creator breakdown =/= good writing 7) A story does not have to be wrapped up with a bow. Life is messy, why would a good story need to be tidy? 8) InuYasha is proto-Twilight 9) Ecchi CAN be good, but is almost always an abomination 10) If God is real, They allowed Super Kid to happen, so fuck Them
Mar 15, 2017 7:54 AM

Apr 2016
Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - HYPE
Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - HYPE
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan - Very good show
Hunter X Hunter (2011) - HYPE
Clannad - dunno
Shinsekai Yori - what ?
Mar 15, 2017 7:55 AM

Jan 2013
Hey, professional here.
Not sure about the rest but SnK and TTGL are popular because these are anime that get people into anime. Of course there is a lot of other factors especially when it comes to TTGL but I don't feel like writing an essay. This is probably the most basic reson.

PS. "some parts" are not enough to understand the appeal of TTGL.
Mar 15, 2017 7:59 AM
Jul 2018
Leave this mainstream garbage and watch some good shit instead like Mochibei.
Mar 15, 2017 8:05 AM

Jun 2014
Darek said:

Don't listen to this guy, @AdamozoCZ

Mochibei is cancer, Darek is full of hate.
TEN COMMANDMENTS:
1) If Evangelion and Psycho-Pass are his only 10s, he probably also worships Tool and smells like cheesy puffs 2) Freudian psychosis =/= good writing 3) Moe blob art style is only ok in pure slice-of-life comedy 4) It's ok to enjoy shounen. Having fun is allowed 5) It is not ok to enjoy isekai (jk, it is, I just fucking hate it) 6) Creator breakdown =/= good writing 7) A story does not have to be wrapped up with a bow. Life is messy, why would a good story need to be tidy? 8) InuYasha is proto-Twilight 9) Ecchi CAN be good, but is almost always an abomination 10) If God is real, They allowed Super Kid to happen, so fuck Them
Mar 15, 2017 8:06 AM

Jun 2015
You could, you know, read reviews instead of looking at some half assed responses.
Mar 15, 2017 8:08 AM

Mar 2015
Hunter x Hunter has amazing fight scenes and the story arcs are hella interesting with variety of stories to offer and it has no filler episodes which is a plus plus it has probably one of the most amazing friendships I have ever witnessed in anime I'm pretty sure you won't regret seeing it as I binge watched the episodes in the span of 5 days

yeehaw
Mar 15, 2017 8:13 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Attack on Titan is good/popular because it's a entertaining watch.

FMA: B is pretty much amazballs because it's story is really good and one of the few anime's that wraps up every plot thread or side plot that most adaptations don't do.

Clannad is a good SoL and romance show. Very good character developments.

TTGL is inspirational, especially if you were young watching it.
Mar 15, 2017 8:19 AM

Feb 2013
Because many people liked them?
I didn't see Gurren Lagan, but all the others are great.
Mar 15, 2017 8:22 AM

Dec 2016
Personally, I just find the story of TTGL to be amazing and inspirational. The animation is just the kind of animation I like-action packed and colorful with tons to look at. I've listened to analyzations and studied character tropes that make connections to other shows/stories. To me, that makes it enjoyable that I can get so much out of the show and characters. I'd give it a shot :>
Mar 15, 2017 8:27 AM

Aug 2016
bastard_of_young said:
Clannad isn't good, can't defend that one. However, After Story has some major feels towards the end. But you have to wade through a lot of crap to get there.

Attack on Titan is alright. The visuals/atmosphere are great, and the plot has a lot of potential. It's yet to reach that potential, the pacing isn't the best, and the characters are pretty boring. But it's not a bad time.

FMA is generally THE show where hardcores and normies can agree is good. Great characters, solid plot, alchemy is cool, not a whole lot of plot armor, dark themes, but still fun like a shounen. If you wanna watch both, go original before Brotherhood, because it's more difficult to appreciate OG FMA's pacing after Brotherhood. If you wanna just watch one, go Brotherhood.

Gurren Lagann is super dumb on the surface, but a masterpiece when looked at in a certain way. You have to be able to either appreciate abandoning oppressive logic as a narrative concept, or just turn off your brain and enjoy shenanigans. I think GL and Kill la Kill as well are fantastic in the way they use their absurdity to criticize those who let the rules of others dictate what they feel they can or cannot do or believe in.

Shinsekai yori is incredible IF you're into socio-politics. If you're into anime for the thrill ride, it won't do much for you, but if you want a brilliant and harrowing fantastical mirror image of our societal problems shone on you, you can't do much better.

Hunter x Hunter is the best shounen. In many ways, it's the anti-shounen. The "main" character isn't even the strongest in his group, let alone close to the top of the universe, you could argue there are two mains (moreso than Edward/Alphonse from FMA), fighting ability is not the end all be all trait to have, fights are won through tactics rather than strength, the Chimera Ant arc delves into philosophy better than most philosophy focused works, etc. It's long, and if you hate shounen, the beginning might not do enough to change your mind, but the genre itself gets no better.

Hope that helps at least a bit!

This was kinda what I imagined. Thanks :D
Mar 15, 2017 8:30 AM

Aug 2016
Darek said:

It has score of 3.19? Where was this brilliant show hiding when I was searching for those?!
Mar 15, 2017 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
bastard_of_young said:
Don't listen to this guy, @AdamozoCZ

Mochibei is cancer, Darek is full of hate.

Pardon mua? I am one of the nicest people on MAL.
Mar 15, 2017 8:39 AM

May 2015
TTGL is a grand story about humanity's struggle against its own extinction. It has vibrant, vivid and energetic animations. The battles are a wonder. Imaishi doesn't care about exactness but excitement and expression, so he always goes for what's cool. It doesn't matter if it's unrealistic since anime is unrealistic by nature.

As for Shinsekai Yori, it's a masterpiece. I suggest you read my review where I gush about it.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Mar 15, 2017 8:42 AM

Feb 2013
if you liked narutoh and bleach you're gonna blow a load for fmab, snk, ttgl, hxh
theyre shounens with no filler and actual production values

Clannad and Shinsekai Yori are anime for the intellectual but emotional gentleman, appealing to heart, soothing the soul, and simulating the brain.
Mar 15, 2017 8:44 AM

Aug 2016
So far they were mostly praised. I thought someone would add on bunch of negative stuff.
Also they are all relatively 'long runs' and if I waste my time on 50+ episodes that will turn out to be worthless in the end I'll feel bad.

I'm a bit tempted to try TTGL and Attack on Titan, so I might try them sometime. Thanks everyone!
Mar 15, 2017 8:47 AM

Feb 2016
Clannad truly is a masterpiece if youre deranged enough to stand looking at their absolutely retarded faces.

The rest has cool action scenes, havent seen SSY but I heard its a got a good story and slow pacing so w/e

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Mar 15, 2017 8:50 AM

Nov 2016
FmAB:I know some people will disagree, but for me the story is well written. It didn't feel rushed or dragged out, was easy to get into and didn't leave anything out.
It mixed action,drama and humor really good and it also portrayed good character development. The ending is easily one of the best i've ever seen.

SNK: The story isn't the strengh ofthis show.
I enjoyed it due to its action and epicness. The 3D maneuver scenes were awesone to look at and there wasn't a single OST which wasn't good.

Clannad: To be honest Clannad wasn't that great , but it wasn't bad either. It felt slow paced and uneventful, there were two good arcs, but the rest was in best case mediocre. Clannad AS on the other hand was on an another level, especially the second half. It was really heart touching seeing the protagonists struggle with their daily lives and how they grew with their challenges.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 15, 2017 8:54 AM

Oct 2013
I have rated all those series with a score of 7 and above. So you can't go wrong on any of them.
Mar 15, 2017 8:55 AM
Mar 2017
Let me Answer your question with least spoiler free and some short way :)
Those animes are popular because they are great, they are great because they are popular ;)
Mar 15, 2017 8:56 AM

Dec 2014
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan is not overrated. You didn't think that it is great because you watch it just for entertainment. Most people are irresponsible for giving rating base on enjoyment instead of looking at it technically. The depth and themes in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan is well-written, has memorable and likeable character and finish it with its plot. That is how you write a story. The very same element as writing novel. From premise>themes and depth with plot progression>actual plot>ending. This anime is perfect.

I'm just a self-proclaimed anime elitist.
Mar 15, 2017 8:59 AM

Aug 2016
Hollowpath said:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan is not overrated. You didn't think that it is great because you watch it just for entertainment. Most people are irresponsible for giving rating base on enjoyment instead of looking at it technically. The depth and themes in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan is well-written, has memorable and likeable character and finish it with its plot. That is how you write a story. The very same element as writing novel. From premise>themes and depth with plot progression>actual plot>ending. This anime is perfect.

I've decided to check it out, no worries. Thanks, Izaya.
Mar 15, 2017 9:10 AM

Apr 2014
More media outlet. That's all it is. There are tones of great shows that are just as great but aren't nearly as popular. Personally~
I dropped Clannad and I don't plan on waiting for "After Story"
Shinseki Yori was great but I had it on hold for like half a year before I could finish it
I had a friend start HxH after me and finish it before me because the ant arc was just not my cup of chai
Mar 15, 2017 9:18 AM

Dec 2014
@AdamozoCZ watch FMA:B too. Actually I highly recommend the older version one.
Shinsekai Yori also great. Everything in it is great except for the characters. The characters are bland. It means the characters does not have motive to affect the plot. They just wait for the plot to come to them instead.
Both FMA:B and Shinsekai Yori is 8/10 for me. The older version of FMA is 9/10. I actually haven't watch Tenggen Toppa Gurren Lagan, but I have a feeling that I will rate it 9 or 10.

I'm just a self-proclaimed anime elitist.
Mar 15, 2017 9:28 AM

Dec 2016
FMA:B is a marvel. It's like watching the best of the Cirque du Soleil spectacles. With a 19th century fascinating vibe, it's well structured, well-rounded, combines harmoniously drama with comedy, maybe the comedy moments are over-the-top sometimes but is nothing bothering, plot progression is smart and well-thought, has a mind-blowing epic finale with no loose ends and throughout the entirety of the series a very rich and emotion-stimulating BGM does a great job in making this a wonder.

The only complaints I have for it it's that sometimes the pacing is just too rushed and leaves little time to take a breath, and it has one particular female character truly annoying and somehow unnecessary.
Mar 15, 2017 10:08 AM

Nov 2009
>Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan
While Neon Genesis Evangelion is said to have buried the mecha genre with its "deconstruction", TTGL resurrected it with its "reconstruction".
It is a tale of passion and giant robots. It gleefully rapes the laws of physics and breaks even the toughest suspension of disbelief. Yet you do not care about that, because the show is that awesome.
It is also very easy to use as an example, because it does a lot of awesome things that would make an elitist blow up in anger, and remains awesome. In fact, it consistently gets even more awesome, culminating in one of the awesomest battles in the history of anime.
Mar 15, 2017 10:18 AM
Aug 2016
Non of those got a score of 10 from me but I will say I highly rate them especially Hunter x Hunter 2011 and Gurren Lagann. Why though? Its how well those two anime portray themselves, Hunter x Hunter takes itself seriously and hence the logic within all of its stories are not over played it stays within the bounds that it sets for itself and despite being in a world of people with super abilities it also keeps them grounded and makes you aware of their limitations(max characters)
Mar 15, 2017 10:27 AM

Jun 2014
Hollowpath said:
@AdamozoCZ watch FMA:B too. Actually I highly recommend the older version one.
Shinsekai Yori also great. Everything in it is great except for the characters. The characters are bland. It means the characters does not have motive to affect the plot. They just wait for the plot to come to them instead.
Both FMA:B and Shinsekai Yori is 8/10 for me. The older version of FMA is 9/10. I actually haven't watch Tenggen Toppa Gurren Lagan, but I have a feeling that I will rate it 9 or 10.

The knock on the SSY characters isn't at all invalid, but it's also kinda the point. Our mains are complacent semi-brainwashed whiny pseudo-utopia babies who are supposed to irk us. Then it's like "shit, this is basically how the majority of people are like, whining and saying everything is wrong but never actually making an effort to rectify the issues".
TEN COMMANDMENTS:
Mar 15, 2017 10:32 AM

Jul 2014
Clannad was a chore to watch, as is with most SoL. Still having doubts to watch AS if I'll be falling asleep to it again...
Mar 15, 2017 10:39 AM

May 2016
AdamozoCZ said:
Hi, predjudging anime fan here.

So there are tons of highly rated animes that are also popular and some are quite long so instead of mindlessly diving into them (because I've seen some parts and they didn't seem so amazing), I decided to ask you, professionals, why are these shows "great" or "entertaining" (with no/least spoilers please):

Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan
Hunter X Hunter (2011)
Clannad
Shinsekai Yori
FMA: Complexity of characters and plot

Shingeki no Kyojin: Dense plot (manga) and realistic characters, but people praise it for its animation

TTGL: Haven't seen it

HxH: same as FMA and Shingeki no Kyojin, also the atmosphere of the series changes so gradually from light to dark that is perfect

Clannad: first season is not, but second basically teaches lots of life lessons; not only that but also has realistic characters

Shinsekai Yori: Haven't seen it, but it isn't treated as a masterpiece anyways, there are animes here with rating lot higher than that
Mar 15, 2017 10:53 AM

Feb 2015
Ehhh, what series are those?

Ehhh... Clannad is good to a certain extend, depends which arc you are looking at. HxH is pretty standard I guess, I have watched it years back in Phi TV. FMA:B/FMA are boring in my opinion. SSY is one of the series that I just find quite frustrating, I dropped it mainly because of that. Gurren Lagan is just something I put on-hold then never watched again... Not dropped but on-hold for a very long time. AoT seems just isn't really for me, I avoid series that wouldn't appeal to me, so there you go.
Mar 15, 2017 10:57 AM

May 2010
I like how TTGL seems so op that even someone who hasn't watched it praised it lol.
Mar 15, 2017 11:11 AM
Dec 2015
For the ones I've seen:

Clannad and more specifically Clannad After Story is amazing because it makes everything feel so real. The characters all feel human, and when tragedy strikes the emotion feels real because the characters reactions always hit home. This is why it's such a tearjerker and doesn't feel manipulative. Season 1 is more comedic with some emotional moments, but it's still good and worth it to get to After Story.

Shinsekai Yori is amazing because it has some of the best world building I've seen. It explores a super interesting world and asks questions about morality, sacrificing one for the good of all, and what it means to be human. It's incredibly suspenseful, and the final third in particular is beyond incredible. It is VERY SLOW PACED though, so if you don't find it as interesting as I did than it may feel like a slog, which I totally understand. I loved hearing about the world, even if it meant characters were dumping exposition for a long time, because I found it so unbelievably interesting.

Gurren Lagann is amazing because it feels like an epic tale playing out before your eyes. At it's core, Gurren is a coming-of-age story about a boy starting from nothing and learning to become a man by gaining confidence and believing in himself. The fun, over-the-top fights actually play into the narrative and themes though, and aren't just there to be flashy.

FMA: Brotherhood is amazing because it gets rid of the dumb shounen tropes that plague most action shows and makes the stakes more personal. The bond between the main characters is charming but deeply intimate and personal, giving a level of investment not usually found in the genre. All the characters are great though, and the world feels alive and huge. The story is also epic, but deeply personal about a boy and his brother trying to return to a life they once had, though the political intrigue and questions about religion, truth, and humanity also keep me invested.
Mar 15, 2017 12:49 PM

Nov 2014
bastard_of_young said:

Dude, you forgot Luluco in that list.
Mar 15, 2017 1:03 PM

Dec 2014
All if this is, quite obviously, completely subjective; but hey, you asked.

Shinsekai yori is a fucking beautiful anime, with its atmosphere, well-written characters, overall plot development, plot-twists, and the way in which it handles its themes. It wasn't always particularly 'popular' either, especially whilst it was airing, but most of its fanbase whom actually decided to watch the show boosted it up, and recommended it to others, just as I would to anyone else. Though, I suppose it depends on your own taste in anime, really. I didn't find it particularly slow-paced at all - or perhaps, I enjoyed the slow-pace in this series, despite ultimately detesting slow-pacing in others - mainly because a lot of relatively 'slow' events that occur during the beginning are vital in their own way to the rest of the story. It depends on what you're looking for in an anime, and I feel like shinsekai yori is a good watch for most people looking for a mature, well-written story with an excellently-developed world, which certainly leaves the viewer with quite the satisfactory ending.

On the other hand, series such as fma, snk, and hxh, are just.. hype man. They're good, don't get me wrong, and I'm certainly looking forward to the second season of snk this spring. But yeah, the way to explain why their popular, would be because they are generally good shows and a decent watch, and they're certainly a few of the mainstream shows that at least deserve the hype they receive.

Clannad is popular because After story, and because After story did quite a few things revolving around romance, that isn't touched at all in anime. Whether you like it, or not, the events that occur in After story aren't particularly common to find tackled as a main plotline. That, and even if it has been done a few times before, Clannad overall in comparison to some, perhaps older, less-accessible anime, has other aspects to it that made it easy for other people to, so to say, 'get into' it. It is also a Key adaptation done well, and seeing as Key visual novels are particularly popular, it should be no surprise as to why Kyoto-animations adaptation of one of their most popular vns came off as popular to the masses, also.

Tengen toppa gurren lagan was made by Gainax whilst it was still, well, alive. Its direction and stylistic choices are very-much similar to that of most of studio trigger's shows, such as Kill la Kill, Little witch academia, and even Kiznaiver in some aspects, is because during Gainax's collapse, most of the people who worked on Gurren Lagan made studio Trigger. It's probably popular because it was essentially one of the 'first' shows to use such a particular art-style and succeed so brilliantly among the masses of anime-viewers. It's bold style but essentially simplistic nature managed to make a statement, whether you enjoy it personally or not.
Mar 15, 2017 1:08 PM
May 2016
Brb said:
You could, you know, read reviews instead of looking at some half assed responses.

What if they're half-baked reviews
Mar 15, 2017 1:16 PM

Jan 2016
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is, in my opinion, the best written show ever made. It's narrative informs it's symbols and vice versa, after you watch it you will understand. It's incredibly well made in every way and, really, it's just a masterpiece.

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and Hunter x Hunter are practically perfect shonen series.

Attack on Titan and From the New World are lesser compared to the others I've mentioned but are still enjoyable. The former is just a well made action-horror series with lots of mysteries and hype to keep you interested and the latter is a dystopian drama with some interesting themes, visuals, and storytelling techniques but is probably my least favorite of the bunch.

But I've never seen Clannad so...
Mar 15, 2017 1:37 PM

Jun 2014
kamalashki said:
hello i am a professional with a license

except ttgr all are overrated especially hxh
dont trust the user above saying mc is the weakest... he isnt

Don't trust this guy. Gon is not the weakest (I didn't say he was), but he's nowhere near the strongest. Also he's got Naruto and Akame ga Kill at 10.

Don't trust him lol.
TEN COMMANDMENTS:
Mar 15, 2017 1:48 PM

Jun 2014
kamalashki said:
bastard_of_young said:

Don't trust this guy. Gon is not the weakest (I didn't say he was), but he's nowhere near the strongest. Also he's got Naruto and Akame ga Kill at 10.

Don't trust him lol.
dont trust this guy
hes got meriem in his favs
he is like the cringiest char in hxh after kirrua

This guy thinks Faily Tale is GREAT. GREAT. Don't trust him.
TEN COMMANDMENTS:
Mar 15, 2017 1:55 PM

Jun 2014
kamalashki said:
bastard_of_young said:

This guy thinks Faily Tale is GREAT. GREAT. Don't trust him.

this guy purposely watches bad anime to score them 1
and he also thinks that hxh fights are won through tactics

This guy thinks Monster Musume is better than Cowboy Bebop.

Don't trust him.
TEN COMMANDMENTS:
Mar 15, 2017 2:10 PM

Aug 2016
kamalashki said:
bastard_of_young said:

This guy thinks Monster Musume is better than Cowboy Bebop.

Don't trust him.

this guy gave boku no pico 1
and waifu wars 3

Okay, people :D I appreciate your opinions, but it's getting outta hand. It's daijobu. I'm not judging anyone's taste on their other anime. I just needed opinions about the popular shows I didn't decide to watch yet.
Mar 15, 2017 2:13 PM

Jun 2014
AdamozoCZ said:
kamalashki said:

this guy gave boku no pico 1
and waifu wars 3

Okay, people :D I appreciate your opinions, but it's getting outta hand. It's daijobu. I'm not judging anyone's taste on their other anime. I just needed opinions about the popular shows I didn't decide to watch yet.

Had to troll him, he called me out haha. But I'm done now.
TEN COMMANDMENTS:
Mar 15, 2017 2:21 PM

Aug 2016
bastard_of_young said:
AdamozoCZ said:

Had to troll him, he called me out haha. But I'm done now.

Oh this conversation got lit, no doubt about that. I already got the picture about most of the listed shows anyway. Thanks, dudes.
Mar 15, 2017 2:41 PM

Apr 2016
Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - That fucking girl/dog you see all over the internet.

Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - Death

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan - Death

Hunter X Hunter (2011) - Death?

Clannad- Definitely

Shinsekai Yori - Probably death
Man, I have to stop falling in love with fictitious high school girls'...moms!
Mar 15, 2017 5:11 PM

Sep 2014
Honestly, I love more the 2004 animated FMA than Brotherhood. I feel The first FMA has a stronger dramatic ambiant and a stronger message than his younger brother(hood. HA!)

And for Gurren Lagann......I can uderstand why people like this show but I think this forum already knows how much this show rubs me so much in the wrong way...
Mar 15, 2017 5:25 PM

Jul 2015
Gurren lagann is wild as hell lmao
It literally makes no sense but it that's what's so awesome about it-- forget logic! And it has the most badass characters ever.

SNK is really exciting. Though I can't say that it will keep you guessing, it's just thrilling idk

Shinsekai Yori starts off really slow ngl, but it gets super interesting eventually. You can't just watch pieces of it to get a feel for how much (or little) you're gonna enjoy it.

And FMA/B is a classic!
Mar 15, 2017 5:29 PM

Apr 2014
bastard_of_young said:

I haven't watched Hunter x Hunter, but I am reading it, and it's awesome because it's the one shounen where the MC isn't OP and can actually be admired. The MC is also not an annoying idiot unlike some other MCs. It has a good plot, the characters are all lovable (even the villains), Each arc gets better and better (I think.... I only got up to the 100s in chapters), etc. Everything about Hunter x Hunter is great. That's why it's such a good series.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anime with best sound tracks!?

l_Photon_l - Yesterday

44 by Islesidrat »»
20 seconds ago

Poll: » Why is Japan Afraid of Realism in Anime?

TheSunLife - 1 hour ago

9 by Akuya »»
53 seconds ago

» Underrated villains

JoeChip - 4 hours ago

13 by Zettaiken »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime as good as Evangelion/Utena?

Thecutedog - Today

24 by Thecutedog »»
10 minutes ago

» I have a confession to make...

Hydre_Ito - 37 minutes ago

4 by FanofAction »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.