Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 25, 2016 5:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp they got over the misunderstanding pretty fast.

Pilaf still funny as usual. While I did like the overall build up for the episode, kinda disappointed by the lack of Goku vs Black. Future Trunks' flashbacks really are terrible though, seems like Black just doesn't care about killing at all. Next episode should be fairly interesting.
Jun 25, 2016 5:31 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I really enjoyed seeing that Trunks had to go through all of the Buu stuff as well
Jun 25, 2016 6:40 PM

Aug 2014
pretty good episode overall, Really love where they are taking Dragon Ball. It finally feels like I'm a kid again.
Thinking of you, wherever you are.
Jun 25, 2016 6:49 PM

Mar 2013
I always wondered how trunks did during the buu saga so glad they explained it also that transition from ssj2 to ssj3 was really well done. black goku is now in the same time as trunks also goku vs. black goku next episode finally. final note it was funny how the explained where the name black goku came from or rather who named him.
Jun 25, 2016 6:50 PM

Jul 2015
Ssj2 Trunks is good. I also love how they handled that Buu ordeal pretty well
Jun 25, 2016 7:10 PM
Apr 2016
So current future Trunks is as strong as god ki super Saiyan 2 Goku?
Jun 25, 2016 7:35 PM

Dec 2015
Peter16373 said:

What? Goku is using SSJ1 not SSJ2 before jump to SSJ3. Even then clearly he didn't unleashed full power. Next episode is where Goku gonna use SSJ2.
Fellaini is God
Jun 25, 2016 7:40 PM
Apr 2016
kwonshin said:
Peter16373 said:

What? Goku is using SSJ1 not SSJ2 before jump to SSJ3. Even then clearly he didn't unleashed full power. Next episode is where Goku gonna use SSJ2.

No Goku clearly said something like super Saiyan 2 huh, then me too. And then went super Saiyan 2. Seriously didn't you see the lightning around them? That's clearly the super Saiyan 2 transformation lightning
Jun 25, 2016 8:20 PM

Aug 2013
Yeah goku clearly went SSJ2 before going SSJ3. It looked like trunks said even at SS3 Goku was still no match for Black Goku. Haha little does he know Goku still has his trump card.
Jun 25, 2016 8:39 PM
Nov 2015
I love how Trunks managed to do in 5 minutes what it took the Z fighters 90 episodes to accomplish
Jun 25, 2016 9:04 PM

Jan 2009
lol Trunks killed Babidi fast so Majin Buu will not come in the future heh

and next episode is hype, Goku should use Super Saiyan Blue fast or his habit of being fair in competition or fight will get in the way again? just like what happen when Freeza destroyed Earth
degJun 25, 2016 9:11 PM
Jun 25, 2016 9:10 PM

Dec 2015
Peter16373 said:
kwonshin said:

No Goku clearly said something like super Saiyan 2 huh, then me too. And then went super Saiyan 2. Seriously didn't you see the lightning around them? That's clearly the super Saiyan 2 transformation lightning

Then this time it's Toei fault by not giving the detail (even Trunks basically looks the same as SSJ2 if it weren't for the Lightning aura). The SSJ in this Ep 49 has SSJ1 hairline while the Ep 50 preview it's truly SSJ2 hairline just like the ol' DBZ days.
Fellaini is God
Jun 25, 2016 10:17 PM

Jan 2016
I liked how they explained Buu's saga in Trunks timeline. I never knew that Dabura spits were physically avoidable though...

I felt the SSJ2 and SSJ3 were forgotten at this point... I mean... Those stages aren't even relevant now with the actual power scales. But it was nice to see them again.
THANKS SENPIEX
Jun 25, 2016 11:20 PM

Sep 2015
Trunks now lolicon
Into the Internet!
Jun 25, 2016 11:32 PM
Jun 2011
so in the next episode black and goku just play with each other they not fighting in full power
Jun 26, 2016 1:23 AM
Feb 2009
once again this anime has let me down with its retarted Power level scaling, since when is Goku SSj2 just as strong as SSj2 trunks? i mean didnt goku do that monstrous training with vegeta and whis and years in the chamber again? his normal state is so above trunks that it should be higher than even his SSJ, so tell me again how is goku SSj2= trunks SSj2? is like they said well lets forget about the fight goku had with gold frieza and lets start over again, Goku fought frieza in his base form against a frieza who is league stronger than SSj and SSj2 before the gold form

and this is why shounen just doesnt make much sense anymore, yea kids 13 years old wouldnt give a damn about it.

they lower gokus power when its plot but then raise it again when its convenient sigh, this here is what you call a mediocre anime, all the nostalgia is really clouding my mind
daman246Jun 26, 2016 1:27 AM
Jun 26, 2016 3:36 AM

Dec 2010
I do like it when they take time for characters to talk it over. Reminds me of when trunks came back to talk about the androids.

As for the power level thing, i think its fine trunk's super saiyan 2 being on the same level/stronger than goku's. I think its fair to say Trunks has been fighting constantly after all.
Jun 26, 2016 3:45 AM

Dec 2011
Another good episode and it was nice touch showing how Trunks deal with Buu arc.I'm curious about the Kaoi Shin who help him during it...
May be it's the Kaoi Shin of the Opening.
So Goku vs Black first sparing next episode.It will be interesting and i hope the animation will be good...
Jun 26, 2016 3:52 AM

Sep 2013
goku black op as hell following them through time.
man this arc is going to be so hype
wow
Jun 26, 2016 3:52 AM

Jan 2012
Oh wow, Trunks actually defeated Babidi and Dabura before Buu could revive huh? Interesting. XD
Jun 26, 2016 3:59 AM

Jun 2016
Peter16373 said:

Its goku, he never go directly to full power, even on the preview he didnt just go jump to SS blue.... Damnit Goku
Jun 26, 2016 4:55 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode, Nice to see Trunks reuniting with everyone else in the present.
So trunks was beat Babidi eh? Wow xD

Though I don't quite get how the this timeline is working. Goku was saved in the present from the Heart Virus that was supposed to have killed back in the Andriod saga. Despite being killed by Cell he was brought back later. However the future seems to be the same old future with Trunks being the last Saiyan alive. It's like the change in the events in the present had no effect on the future. The current Black Era of the future seems to be a direct continuation of the one in which the other Saiyans died. Am I missing something? Cause this doesn't seem plausible to me as a timeline but rather a parallel universe.
Jun 26, 2016 4:59 AM

Mar 2013
Why did SSJ2 looked like SSJ1 ? It was weird
Jun 26, 2016 5:03 AM
Mar 2010
Lelouch0202 said:

Though I don't quite get how the this timeline is working. Goku was saved in the present from the Heart Virus that was supposed to have killed back in the Andriod saga. Despite being killed by Cell he was brought back later. However the future seems to be the same old future with Trunks being the last Saiyan alive. It's like the change in the events in the present had no effect on the future. The current Black Era of the future seems to be a direct continuation of the one in which the other Saiyans died. Am I missing something? Cause this doesn't seem plausible to me as a timeline but rather a parallel universe.

It was explain during DBZ wasn't can't remember thought.
Jun 26, 2016 5:12 AM

May 2010
Trollsenpai said:
I love how Trunks managed to do in 5 minutes what it took the Z fighters 90 episodes to accomplish

Me too. During the Frieza first visit to earth he managed to get the job done swiftly.

I think all this mess got something to do with Pilaf's missing coin.
Jun 26, 2016 5:26 AM
Mar 2010
Who else thinks that trunks look kinda plastic verging to Beerus, I kind find it funny.
Jun 26, 2016 5:40 AM

Aug 2010
That was fun :D Seeing SSJ3 again (In good quality this time lol)
And seeing Trunks kill Dabura and Babidi like that
The animation during Trunks vs Goku was pretty cool

But the animation in the pv looks on another level :O
I am actually really really hyped right now
Jun 26, 2016 5:56 AM

Jan 2014
Ever since they announced Black I was wondering what happened with Buu. Finally knowing is pretty cool. Even if they're not really relevant anymore because of Super Saiyan Blue, seeing SSJ3 and SSJ2 (even if they screwed it up bu keeping the SSJ1 look) was pretty cool as well.
One thing that I do have to mention now though: There are now both alternate timelines and alternate universes. How the hell is that supposed to work?
Jun 26, 2016 6:11 AM

Apr 2014
damn, trunks is weak.
Jun 26, 2016 6:25 AM

Jan 2016
I love this anime.
Ok, of course the Gods are not allowed to alter time, but we can all agree they only brought this up for free food for there reason has been invalidated. (parallel time line)
I heard the guess that this is Goku's body but anothers soul, i second that because his body was intact when he died of heart problems.
base form and SS fights are solely fan-service and adorable <3
I hope this gets as interesting as it seems it will in my head #HYPE

Jun 26, 2016 6:26 AM
Jan 2010
Pretty "clickbnaity" last episodes preview, it was made to look like Black is going to actually appear throughout this episode, not just the last second. Disgusting.
Jun 26, 2016 6:28 AM

Jan 2013
TRUNKS PEDO ALERT!
Jun 26, 2016 6:33 AM

Feb 2013
Vegeta was pissed as expected, his pride is first class after all.
The sausage saved the Earth!
Jun 26, 2016 6:38 AM

May 2011
Trollsenpai said:

Hahaha this! ^

daman246 said:
once again this anime has let me down with its retarted Power level scaling, since when is Goku SSj2 just as strong as SSj2 trunks? i mean didnt goku do that monstrous training with vegeta and whis and years in the chamber again? his normal state is so above trunks that it should be higher than even his SSJ, so tell me again how is goku SSj2= trunks SSj2? is like they said well lets forget about the fight goku had with gold frieza and lets start over again, Goku fought frieza in his base form against a frieza who is league stronger than SSj and SSj2 before the gold form

and this is why shounen just doesnt make much sense anymore, yea kids 13 years old wouldnt give a damn about it.

they lower gokus power when its plot but then raise it again when its convenient sigh, this here is what you call a mediocre anime, all the nostalgia is really clouding my mind

Yeah, I think it's a little extreme this time round. I was actually expecting Goku to have the capability to defeat SSJ2 trunks in his base form after all that crazy training. After all, future Trunks had only fought Babidi and Dabura (and the two androids if you are to include them), it was nothing compared to what Goku went through.

j0x said:

and next episode is hype, Goku should use Super Saiyan Blue fast or his habit of being fair in competition or fight will get in the way again? just like what happen when Freeza destroyed Earth

I would feel more excited and satisfying if Goku just go all out and defeat Black right from the start but since it's Dragon Ball and it's Goku... he's probably somehow going to lure Black's strength out then begin to fight him seriously. (Well I hope I'm wrong though)

HELLSATAN said:
Lelouch0202 said:

It was explain during DBZ wasn't can't remember thought.

Yeap it was explained before that helping in this current timeline won't affect Trunks' timeline. Because every time when you time travel, you create a new "alternative universe" (I don't think that's the correct term that I'm using, but meh) which is not linked to one another. Thus regardless of what Trunks does, it won't change his own timeline. I can't remember clearly but I think despite knowing this, he still came back to the past by the instruction of his mother, saying something like she wants the parallel universe timeline to at least not end up like their timeline.

Just to emphasize that I may recall wrongly =)
Jun 26, 2016 6:49 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Now the question is how strong is Gohan. Back in the RoF arc he was having a hard maintaining his SSJ 1 form vs Freeza and most likely lost his Master SSJ form too.

This was an excellent episode. We gotta keep in mind we're not getting all the answers in the first episode. So in the future it's confrmed, Majin Buu does exist but was not released because Future Trunks killed both Babidi and Dabura. Trunks achieves SSJ 2 through training with the Kais. I think it's was obvious Future Trunks would achieve SSJ 2 one day. Here we have Future Trunks who went Ultra SSJ back in the Cell arc, all he really had to do was find a way to keep his speed while transforming and the Kais seemed to help out Trunks on that.

I like how Trunks thought Whis was the God lol
And to think the Earth's fate rested on a piece of meat, oh Bulma.

One thing I hate is Chi Chi. Always holding back Goten and relying on Goku/Vegeta to save their butts when Earth is in danger.

What an entrance for Black Goku. Storm develops out of nowhere, purple tear in the sky, Black Goku arrives and sees Future Trunks. Then he notices Goku and the two stare at each other.

This is going to be one heck of a fight. The battle of the Gokus, sounds like something from FanFiction but it totally looks awesome.

Preview for next epsode: Looks like Goku will struggle vs Black maybe losing too. We'll have to wait and see. Next week for sure is going to be very good. Such a long wait.

Jun 26, 2016 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
This is actually similar to how Future Trunk first appear and fight against Goku, only this time with more powa.

Jun 26, 2016 7:16 AM
Aug 2015
So Black chases Trunks to a place containing SSB Goku, SSB Vegeta, God of Destruction and Whis... RIP Black Goku.
Jun 26, 2016 7:22 AM
Nov 2015
daman246 said:

I agree, but that always happened... Ever since Dragon Ball. The most we can do is imagine that Trunks got stronger by fighting Black. He said he did it for more than one year.
Jun 26, 2016 7:40 AM

Jan 2014
ephemeralNow said:
Pretty "clickbnaity" last episodes preview, it was made to look like Black is going to actually appear throughout this episode, not just the last second. Disgusting.

Granted, this is not the first time they did something like this. They've already done something similar in the RoF saga where they teased the beginning of the Goku vs Frieza fight only for it to be the very last shot in that episode. Can't say I was surprised when it happened again but that doesn't make it any less annoying.
Jun 26, 2016 8:19 AM

Dec 2014
ok trunks arc is finally kicking up.. I did not think mei was the same girl that was with pilaf in the past..... And how did black goku travel back in the past.... An did the future not change.... I mean cell never existed in the future....... for that long in the future... and the androids were.... so taken care together... I bet trunks do not know that krillian is banging 18 does he....
ibraheem234Jun 26, 2016 8:28 AM
Jun 26, 2016 8:53 AM

Jan 2015
Can't wait for the next episode just saw the preview !!
Jun 26, 2016 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
Future Trunks defeated Babidi and Dabura before Buu could revive, that was interesting!

Black Goku came to the present time!
Jun 26, 2016 9:27 AM

Dec 2014
Goku stopping Trunk's sword with a finger, just like in the Android saga.

And why the fuck did they have to show Goku Black in the last minute of the episode. Such a god damn tease. I expected more since he appeared in the last preview.
Jun 26, 2016 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
Not going to deny how cool it was to him again but I was hoping it would be another version of Trunks from a different future timeline. As @TheMaster100 said in another thread the future Trunks we're familiar with already had a complete story arc. This is another case of Toriyama going to the well too many times. It's not the first instance of Toriyama doing this either. Most of this Super has been a rehash of previous DB arcs and plot points.
Jun 26, 2016 9:52 AM

Jan 2013
Dam that cliffhanger
Jun 26, 2016 10:27 AM
Jan 2016
I'm really liking where this storyline is going!

Seeing Trunks explain what happened with Majin Buu in his timeline cleared a lot of what I've always wanted to know. Very cool!

Its pretty much confirmed now that Black Goku well..isn't Goku at all since he clearly says: "So..you're Son Goku".
That's probably Future Goku's body but just being used by another person similar to that of Captain Ginyu.
SummerMamboJun 26, 2016 10:32 AM
Jun 26, 2016 10:31 AM

Aug 2014
Future Trunks beating Babidi and that Demon Guy was quite the surprise, especially considering how much trouble they gave Goku & Co at first. Interesting to see that the events of Buu still happened. Seems a little too convenient that black Goku got a Time Ring thingy but liking this arc so far.
Jun 26, 2016 10:38 AM

Feb 2015
Not the most interesting episode, but it certainly was OK. Next episode looks like the fighting is going to start.
Jun 26, 2016 10:38 AM

Sep 2015
Daaaamn next episode Goku will do like he did with Golden Frieza, not fighting at his full strength

Beerus and Wiss didn't care at all xD
Jun 26, 2016 10:50 AM

Apr 2014
Damn, we have to wait for next episode to see Goku and Black Goku go at it.
Next episode will be good if there will not be much talking, but I doubt it xD
Beerus and Wiss...wonder what they think of this haha since Black Goku violated the no time travel.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

66 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2016

92 by TheColonel76 »»
May 20, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2016

72 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 95 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

86 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 94 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

79 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.