Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 14, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think it's interesting to see a bit of how Germans work during this wartime period. And more so around Berlin.

More mind games and investigations..
Kinda found this episode sad and thrilling the same time because of the casualties.
Jun 14, 2016 9:21 AM

Feb 2016
This episode gave me the feels.

I tried to be normal once. Worst two minutes of my life. ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`▭´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Jun 14, 2016 10:50 AM
Jul 2018
It was good to see how Germans work in this wartime period.

I felt bad that one of the members of D-Agency died in this episode!
Jun 14, 2016 11:03 AM

Jan 2015

That feeling about being under surveillance 24/7 surely makes me shiver.
And there Yuuki and D-Agency have trick the target, even when it cost an agent life for now.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 14, 2016 11:10 AM

Dec 2014
Sad that Miyoshi had to die, But man even in his dyring moments he knew that Yuuki would come after him and marked the list with his blood. Props to him.

I'll say it again Yuuki is OP XD

I really liked what the German general said at the end, "Even though the man called Maki will remain buried without anyone knowing his identity, The Information he left behind will live on" . Spies are the true martyrs.

I must say the show has gotten really good in this last quarter.
Jun 14, 2016 11:15 AM

May 2015
RIP Miyoshi. Your death was not in vain. And once again, Yuuki was one step ahead. Can this man even be defeated? Decent episode.

Jun 14, 2016 11:16 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
RIP Miyoshi, i didn't expect anyone of the agency to die tbh.
Jun 14, 2016 11:23 AM

Jun 2014
The spy that, for some reason, many people liked the most, even though we barely saw him at all in this anime, finally gets his own episode......and he dies. RIP Miyoshi, I didn't think we would see any of the D-Agency guys die. Yuuki still OP as ever and is always 50,000 steps ahead of everyone else.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 14, 2016 11:23 AM

Jan 2016
I really loved this one!
"The information he left behind will live on."
Very powerful. Also sasuga, Yuuki. xD
Jun 14, 2016 11:32 AM

Jan 2011
And so Miyoshi dies and still manages to fulfill his duty. Makes one wonder what what would have happened if he had been killed instantly in the blast.

Also, next episode, Odagiri.
Jun 14, 2016 11:34 AM

Jun 2009
soo much hopping around that arent really related eps but ovas + somehow all look soo much alike its hard too keep them apart still second best ep so far
Jun 14, 2016 11:39 AM

Feb 2015
I knew it was coming because of the novel but I'm still so upset.
Jun 14, 2016 11:53 AM

Jul 2014
So that's one of our crew of spies dead then? A shame, but it was inevitable at some point down the line. Also interesting to see things from a German perspective in this episode.
Jun 14, 2016 11:55 AM

Jun 2016
Im so freaking sad right now T.T Even though we learned that Yuuki is even more badass....No >< I cannot accept it!
Jun 14, 2016 12:14 PM

Feb 2015
Wut?! he reall died ? woah...i thought he was still alive tho.....
R.I.P

i don't know what to say from this episode overall. it was just enjoyable to watch. that's all :D and one more thing, the intro, Yuki in the intro of this episode was so badass xD really like that part alot.

next episode will be the last episode. looking foward to it XD
Jun 14, 2016 12:21 PM

Mar 2015
I CANT BELIEVE!!!!!!
Why they need kill the best character............. arghhhhhhh........

RIP Miyoshi.
Jun 14, 2016 12:21 PM

Jan 2012
Ah seems like I'm not the only one who like Miyoshi for some reasons xD I even remembered his name lol
I was really looking forward to his episode... ah well he was pretty badass even in his last moments.
I hoped throughout the whole thing that he was actually alive ^^' Why did he even to be the one who died :(

That young Yuuki scene is weird though... how come he was holding that bomb like thing with his hand that was chained up and the guard next to the one chaining him up didn't see it... Guess he was focused on his face??
Jun 14, 2016 12:42 PM
Jul 2015
It was really sad for him to die.. Until the very end I was hoping for a twist to prevent his death ahh.
Jun 14, 2016 12:54 PM
Aug 2015
I honestly have to say I don't get the feeling I understand the anime fully. It definitely is interesting, But a little complicated. I think that if I'll watch the entire anime again, I might understand everything better.

Anyway, as for this episode, it was really good. I definitely understood it, a lot better than any other. I loved the way Miyoshi smirked when he marked the information. It was so sad he died T^T
I actually thought that with some weird twist it would turn out he faked his death, I didn't expect him to actually die.

Yuuki is super badass.

That is all I have to say.
Jun 14, 2016 1:13 PM

Sep 2013
Nazi old guy folded by Yuuki twice :(
Yuuki started the revolution in Kiel that had a major contribution to Germany conceding in WWI (LOL)
Miyoshi dies in an accident :'( but the info is recovered so he full fulled his spy duty.

Jun 14, 2016 1:22 PM

Dec 2014
ok so who was Maki .. was he one of the D agency spies..... sad he died like that
Jun 14, 2016 1:27 PM

Aug 2012
Well this was interesting and sad episode. Wasn't excepting for main character to die especially Miyoshi.

RIP Miyoshi

Jun 14, 2016 1:34 PM

Jan 2016
Smudy said:
RIP Miyoshi, i didn't expect anyone of the agency to die tbh.

Same, I was really surprised. But I guess they had to have an accidental death one way or another.
Jun 14, 2016 1:41 PM

Jul 2012
That was a great episode! Sucks that Miyoshi actually died considering he was my favorite spy. Pretty interested in seeing how the final episode will play out.
Jun 14, 2016 1:48 PM

Jul 2013
Didn't expected Miyoshi of all people will be the one who died at the end. I didn't believed he was truly dead until the ending. Well, at least his death wasn't in vain.

Interesting having the perspective of a German soldier this time. That nazi Colonel has the most badass design in all the series so far, btw. Really liked how he seemingly accepted his defeat at the end.

Next and last episode will be apparently starring Odagiri. Didn't expected him to be the last featured, to be honest.
Jun 14, 2016 1:52 PM

Feb 2014
I wasn't expecting anyone from D-Agency to die at all, so seeing that Miyoshi died due to the train accident was tragic, but he did fulfill his spy duties in the end. RIP Miyoshi.

It took me a while to understand that it was Yuuki at the very start of the episode, looking different than his present self, mainly thanks to the messy hairstyle while being tied up. Even in that situation, he still escaped with ease. He'll always be one step ahead of his opponents, no matter if they think they've cornered Yuuki.

Overall, this episode was sad due to Miyoshi's death, but it was still good.
Jun 14, 2016 2:05 PM

Jul 2015
Sirev_Giio said:
I honestly have to say I don't get the feeling I understand the anime fully. It definitely is interesting, But a little complicated. I think that if I'll watch the entire anime again, I might understand everything better.

its an episodic anime. so the episodes arent directly connected. maybe thats the problem.
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Jun 14, 2016 2:16 PM

Jan 2011
Just one word about this episode: NO!

Jun 14, 2016 2:37 PM

Sep 2015
Miyoshi's dead just like that huh? He died smiling. That's pretty amazing considering there was a steel beam piercing his chest.

Once again Yuuki proves he is best girl of the show. Simple execution and a quick reaction. He was probably aware of that paranoid general's intentions the entire time as well.

*claps*
Jun 14, 2016 2:42 PM

Dec 2012
Ok,I had only one character I liked from the very instant moment I saw him,the only one I bothered to remember his name and he dies... During the entire episode I hoped he was just pretending to be dead,but nope.. Gee,thanks for killing the best character.
I'm so sad and pissed but I'm struggling to not let this affect the final score I'll give to this show. Damn it Miyoshi
Jun 14, 2016 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
lezerman said:
I CANT BELIEVE!!!!!!

Nope. Yuuki is.

-----
Honestly. I am very, very baffled to see all of the posts here say that Miyoshi is dead for real. I wonder if also, at least anyone actually thought of this other possibility. Here I ago: D-Agency motto is "Dont' die, don't kill." This motto is basically a law for the spies; they are bound/obligated to carry it out with any flaws. Thus said, I doubt that a spy who belongs to an agency with such motto and leader as Yuuki, will chose death as final. Wasn't it constantly repeated over the series that for a spy, the worst decision one can make is to kill or die.
If Miyoshi didn't look convincing enough that he is dead, the germans would still think that he is alive and they wouldnn't stop with what they have started, so of course he has to act dead and fool them to accomplish his mission perfectly, according to keikaku. He is a spy after all, being obvious/suspicious isn't his trait. I might be wrong, he may be really dead, but I don't want to jump to conclusions at some point, considering I've seen this show manged to troll the viewers quite good sometimes - Altough I haven't comment none about that here, still I've been observing while this series are in broadcast. So, I don't want to see people getting mad on this anime ends up trolling you if it turns out that Miyoshi isn't dead.
By the way, don't mourn over Miyoshi way to seriously because

Most likely, the preview for the final episode:

Jun 14, 2016 3:46 PM

Mar 2015
yuliyana29 said:
lezerman said:
I CANT BELIEVE!!!!!!

Nope. Yuuki is.

You won.... best character among the spies.
Jun 14, 2016 3:53 PM

Jun 2012
yuliyana29 said:
lezerman said:
I CANT BELIEVE!!!!!!

Nope. Yuuki is.

-----
Honestly. I am very, very baffled to see all of the posts here say that Miyoshi is dead for real. I wonder if also, at least anyone actually thought of this other possibility. Here I ago: D-Agency motto is "Dont' die, don't kill." This motto is basically a law for the spies; they are bound/obligated to carry it out with any flaws. Thus said, I doubt that a spy who belongs to an agency with such motto and leader as Yuuki, will chose death as final. Wasn't it constantly repeated over the series that for a spy, the worst decision one can make is to kill or die.
If Miyoshi didn't look convincing enough that he is dead, the germans would still think that he is alive and they wouldnn't stop with what they have started, so of course he has to act dead and fool them to accomplish his mission perfectly, according to keikaku. He is a spy after all, being obvious/suspicious isn't his trait. I might be wrong, he may be really dead, but I don't want to jump to conclusions at some point, considering I've seen this show manged to troll the viewers quite good sometimes - Altough I haven't comment none about that here, still I've been observing while this series are in broadcast. So, I don't want to see people getting mad on this anime ends up trolling you if it turns out that Miyoshi isn't dead.

Most likely, the preview for the final episode:

Might as well tell you now; those pictures are from the first OVA that is gonna be released at the end of july alongside the first half of the BRs, they have nothing to do with the end of the series

PD: Miyoshi IS dead, albeit because of an unexpected accident, but he is

PD2: Pictures and new pv for the last ep are gonna be released next friday

- I only draw freestyle! -
Jun 14, 2016 4:12 PM

May 2015
What...

I somewhat thought he was alive and he was only faking his dead but no... So sad.
Jun 14, 2016 4:20 PM

Apr 2015
A bit surprising that even the D-Agency isn't as safe from death (wonder how Yuuki will do from now on). According to the site, the story for the next episode seems to be going back in time to a little after episode 1 and 2. With this I'm kind of looking forward to seeing how it ends.
Jun 14, 2016 4:32 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I am in complete shock to see that Miyoshi died....I really liked him a lot too :(

RIP kid, your fight is over
Jun 14, 2016 4:37 PM

Jun 2012
I cant differentiate any of the spies in D agency, the same face and lack of characterization made it hard to feel anything for Maki's death.
Jun 14, 2016 5:09 PM
Aug 2014
jesus h christ don't do this to me MIYOSHI YOU WERE MY BABY WHY WOULD YOU DIE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i first thought he was going to end up being alive like "lol guise I WAS ONLY PRETENDING HAHA" but ffuCk noOOOO he died fulfilling his duty rest in peace sweet prince ;__;

jitsui better not die or else
Jun 14, 2016 5:19 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Very nice taut episode with lots of feels. Good stuff.......11/10
Jun 14, 2016 5:26 PM

Jan 2014
I am speechless...
My hometown has been mentioned in an anime :0
I mean... I guess that's kinda to be expected since we're talking about the wars here, and the 'Kieler Matrosenaufstand' was a major event, but still.. I never expected that.

But did they really just kill Miyoshi like that? Wasn't he the one whose screentime was the most anticipated? :0
Jun 14, 2016 5:56 PM

Dec 2013
And there goes the baby-faced bishounen. RIP to the best character design of the show.
Was expecting a death somewhere down the line of course, spying is serious business, but was not expecting it to be him.

And yes, Yuuki is crazy good. After all the stuff that happened to him some 20 years ago, he still has the gall to be the one to come back to "identify" Miyoshi's body. He's at least 6 to 10 steps ahead of everyone else in the business.

The nuances in the animation of this scene cannot be overstated. The way he stumbled back onto the couch and sunk into it was beautiful to behold. Best scene of the episode.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 14, 2016 6:43 PM

May 2015
yuliyana29 said:

it's not decision, its accidentally. miyoshi and everyone doesn't expect it
"If you don’t like a rule… Just follow it… Reach the top… And change the rule." -adolf hitler
Jun 14, 2016 6:51 PM

Sep 2015
RIP Miyoshi. He was hot.

You just lost the game
Jun 14, 2016 6:55 PM

Jan 2014
Oh man I was really looking forward to Miyoshi in action, but.... he ded. Ah well I guess he had his moment in ep 1/2
Jun 14, 2016 6:58 PM
Jul 2018
NemuriNezumi said:
PD: Miyoshi IS dead, albeit because of an unexpected accident, but he is

rleon said:

it's not decision, its accidentally. miyoshi and everyone doesn't expect it

Miyoshi is second coming of Yuuki, his nerd and his very favorite. I find it unthinkable Yuuki let his imp die like that.
Jun 14, 2016 7:24 PM

Feb 2015
yuliyana29 said:

I don't want to burst your bubble but Joker Game isn't chronological thus the final episode falls earlier. Which means even if Miyoshi showed up it doesn't mean he's not dead.

Though I'd love it if he really was faking his death.
Jun 14, 2016 7:30 PM
Jul 2018
rayeine said:
I don't want to burst your bubble but Joker Game isn't chronological thus the final episode falls earlier. Which means even if Miyoshi showed up it doesn't mean he's not dead.

Though I'd love it if he really was faking his death.

It's a real bummer in that case, sadly.
Jun 14, 2016 7:32 PM

Feb 2015
yuliyana29 said:

Tell me about it. I thought Yuuki was grooming him to be the next spymaster. And then they kill him off :/
Jun 14, 2016 7:36 PM
Jul 2018
rayeine said:
yuliyana29 said:

Tell me about it. I thought Yuuki was grooming him to be the next spymaster. And then they kill him off :/

Exactly my point.
Jun 14, 2016 8:47 PM

Oct 2011
miyoshi noooooooo😭😭😭
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» novel license

theek1 - Jul 12, 2022

1 by NemuriNezumi »»
Jan 14, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2016

347 by Samir1237 »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:21 PM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2016

154 by canadianvice »»
Oct 28, 2022 4:17 PM

» Why such low score ?

Shomix - May 21, 2016

22 by ina6_- »»
Jul 9, 2022 8:13 AM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2016

207 by metawin »»
Aug 6, 2021 9:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.