Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 6, 2014 7:55 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
He saved her. Then running away. With the shock seeing that gun, she is traumatized and he convinced her to shoot again.

Her confession about her trauma, and his determination.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 6, 2014 7:57 AM
Aug 2014
Ahhhh climaxed! I love this episode. I think around a few episode from now, they gonna reveal Death Gun

Shinon trauma back, then kirito saved her, then they tell the trauma to each other :P
Sep 6, 2014 8:04 AM

Nov 2011
Ah about time. I'm not surprised by the trauma part though. Kirito playing the role of the hero will probably be something that Sinon will remember for a long time.

The part with the horse made me chuckle a bit.
Stark700Sep 6, 2014 9:55 AM
Sep 6, 2014 9:54 AM

Feb 2011
Of course Kirito saved Sinon :D
Good talk in that cave. They told each other their past, and bonded a bit I guess xD

Cannot wait for the enxt episode! And I hope we get to know who Death Gun is soon :o
Sep 6, 2014 9:58 AM
Sep 2013
Of Course Kirito saved Sinon he isn't going to lose any of his harem. Sinon got scared as hell when facing death but of course since it now real. Aww sad moment of conversation. Sinon making my favorite tsundere list.
Sep 6, 2014 10:00 AM

Dec 2012
Kirito the Savior, Sinon can't pull the trigger and some stories to be told..
Sep 6, 2014 10:01 AM

Apr 2013
Kirito comes to save the day again. Did not see that one coming. This was a bit too heavy on the drama with Sinon breaking down and going all "cry me a river" in Kirito's arms. [i]Justin Timberlake[/i] should have been playing in the background the whole time during the last 10 minutes. Also, not enough of Sinon's ass in this one.

dankzelSep 6, 2014 1:55 PM
Sep 6, 2014 10:01 AM

Jan 2014
look, like Sinon will help Kirito to fight Death gun
Sep 6, 2014 10:03 AM

May 2013
Kirito saves her just in time. Sinon's trauma is starting to come back now. Both of them telling their stories about how they killed someone in the past. Must be hard for them to live with that for the rest of their lives.
Sep 6, 2014 10:03 AM

Jul 2010
Kirito saving Sinon with some shots and a decoy grenade (smoke grenade) to start the run.
Seeing Sinon breaking down out of fear of her life and her past.
Shooting that shot together to cause an explosion.
Sinon saying that she doesn't care if she dies that is if she doesn't change.
That was fairly nice, to chat together and sharing the secret of having killed somebody.
Sep 6, 2014 10:06 AM

Jun 2014
I really wish Kirito had mentioned that silver cats guild... The trauma from that would be more...realistic and relatable I think. But he seems to have completely forgotten about them. Which is really sad cause that incident really shaped him. It also would have been nice to see Kirito talk to Sinon about his trauma, and have her learn that she isn't alone.
But oh well...
RebelheroSep 6, 2014 10:11 AM
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Sep 6, 2014 10:06 AM
Jan 2014
Ugh, I knew this would be executed this badly. It's not like I wanted Sinon to die, but at least execute the scene properly. I know that real time is irrelevant in anime, but Death Gun still had plenty of time to shoot her, even while performing his little "ritual". It was just so predictable and boring.

Of course Gunner/Musketeer X would be flagged as a goner when facing Kirito. Didn't even bother showing us a scene since we all know what would've happened anyway.

I know they slowed down Sinon's death sequence so they could expose her supposed "trauma" again. That in reality didn't work at all for me. The drama was way too melodramatic for me to handle, which resulted in constant cringes during the episode.
ResidentSep 9, 2014 8:01 AM
Sep 6, 2014 10:09 AM

Dec 2012
I actually kinda liked this episodes. Altho i hav a feeling haters are going hate and facepalm big. Seems like the kind of episode to receive a lot of hate
Sep 6, 2014 10:13 AM

Jun 2013
-Resident- said:
Ugh, I knew this would be executed this badly. It's not like I wanted Sinon to die, but at least execute it properly. I know that real time is irrelevant in anime, but still he had plenty of time to shoot her, even with his little "ritual". It was just so predictable and boring.

Yeah there was no need for such a long drag if Kirito was going to come save her anyways. Took away about 3 minutes of screen time for an expected save.
-Resident- said:
I know they slowed down Sinon's death sequence so they could expose her supposed "trauma" again. That in reality didn't work at all for me. The drama was way too overdramatic for me to handle.

I understand them exposing the "trauma" again because that is the basis of Sinon's character. However, I did dislike the scene when they reveal their secrets of murdering someone to one another. Although it was necessary for the characters, for the viewers it was watching the same thing for the third time already.

It was an okay episode nonetheless. But hopefully we don't have to see Kirito slashing that Laughing Coffin guy anymore.
Sep 6, 2014 10:14 AM

Feb 2009
Kirito driving one handed while looking back and talking to Sinon, and even setting it up to go on a ramp. Sasuga Kirito.
That Death Gun riding a horse. Really ironic when you know about that tiny part in volume 8 chapter 1. LN reader should know what I'm referring to.
And confession of sins in a cave. Not exactly a good place to break down and bare your secret to one another but emotions tend to run wild at times. Excellent acting by Sawashiro.
At this pace, it's probably 3-4 more episodes I guess till they cover it all. Also the same amount of time before a change of OP too.
Sep 6, 2014 10:16 AM
Apr 2014
Liked it, not going to say I loved it cause nope.

I just feel the anime is forcing KiritoxSinon a bit too much already, don't remember it being like that in the LN, good episode overall.

Would've liked more about Musketeer X tho.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 6, 2014 10:18 AM
Oct 2012
I like this episode, they finally told each other about their pasts.
Sep 6, 2014 10:19 AM

Jul 2013
Sinon too scared to pull trigger.

Episode mainly just Kirito and Sinon talking.

Death Gun didn't die.

Poor horse got blown up.

Overall, not bad, just not as much action as I hoped.
Sep 6, 2014 10:22 AM

Jan 2014
3/5 on the episode...
5/5 on the drama...
I would love to have someone like Sinon to protect and love...you can say Kirito and her fits each other well too..but he already has Asuna...
too bad...in a harem you can't have them all...
sorry being greedy... xD
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Sep 6, 2014 10:22 AM

Mar 2014
totally cool :3
Sep 6, 2014 10:23 AM
Jan 2014
pakoko said:
-Resident- said:
Ugh, I knew this would be executed this badly. It's not like I wanted Sinon to die, but at least execute it properly. I know that real time is irrelevant in anime, but still he had plenty of time to shoot her, even with his little "ritual". It was just so predictable and boring.

Yeah there was no need for such a long drag if Kirito was going to come save her anyways. Took away about 3 minutes of screen time for an expected save.
-Resident- said:
I know they slowed down Sinon's death sequence so they could expose her supposed "trauma" again. That in reality didn't work at all for me. The drama was way too overdramatic for me to handle.

I understand them exposing the "trauma" again because that is the basis of Sinon's character. However, I did dislike the scene when they reveal their secrets of murdering someone to one another. Although it was necessary for the characters, for the viewers it was watching the same thing for the third time already.

It was an okay episode nonetheless. But hopefully we don't have to see Kirito slashing that Laughing Coffin guy anymore.

I completely agree with you. That's no surprise. Btw, I actually wanted to say melodramatic instead of overdramatic, which mean roughly the same thing. It just fits in my sentence a lot better.

Anyways, I wouldn't have minded the drama, if it weren't for the bland characters and the use of those awkward dialogues. They felt so unnatural to the point that I was losing my grip.

The overexposure of both the characters' trauma scenes is another thing as well.
Sep 6, 2014 10:25 AM

May 2013
Awesome, Kirito saved Sinon as expected!

Aw, Kirito didn't take the horse. (T_T)
He decided to ride in his trusty dune buggy of some sort.
What? He wants to shoot the horse! (T_T)
Oh, that's because Death Gun's riding the horse.
Epic explosion jump shot. Poor horsey. (T_T)

So Sinon and Kirito told each other their story. This should strengthen their bond a bit.
By the way, Sinon looked extra hot and cute this episode. (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 6, 2014 10:29 AM
Jun 2012
In the scene with Kirito and Sinon in the cave having a serious talk, A-1 still manages to put some Sinon butt crack into a serious moment. Can't stop noticing that butt crack after someone mentioned it. Thanks a lot who ever it was.
Sep 6, 2014 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
Kirito saves Sinon just in time.

Kirito and Sinon are sharing their own experiences of killing someone.
Sep 6, 2014 10:31 AM

Apr 2014
Great episode...
So the climax was reached, of course she was saved and they told each other their past, which forges a bond between Kirito and Shinon..

Did Asuna and the other friends watched the escape scene from Death Gun on TV now like the week before?
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Sep 6, 2014 10:33 AM
Apr 2014
rl1dragon said:
In the scene with Kirito and Sinon in the cave having a serious talk, A-1 still manages to put some Sinon butt crack into a serious moment. Can't stop noticing that butt crack after someone mentioned it. Thanks a lot who ever it was.

Ikr, I was watching the anime just normally till someone posted that, now I see it every f*cking time, I don't even pay attention to that but omg.

Aug 2010
Sinon's "Daikiraii" was kawaiii <3 Her fanservice has become quite obligatory XD

Not bad ep. Loved the Horse chase :3 And the way the explosion was animated was epic :O

Apr 2014
My prediction from last episode came through, he saved Sinon.
DeadZeroSource said:

You can say Kirito and her fit each other well too..but he already has Asuna...
too bad...in a harem you can't have them all...
sorry being greedy... xD
rl1dragon said:
I thought the same thing when I saw that in this epXD..nose bleeds
WingsSep 6, 2014 10:37 AM
---------My Profile------------
Sep 6, 2014 10:34 AM

May 2012
Well that was um... emotional.

Okay episode. Thought I was going to finally see DG and Kirito go at it after he saved Sinon, but I guess not. Sinon really irritated me this episode. Maybe because of the dialogue. She didn't want to shoot, but she didn't want Kirito to shoot her gun. I'm like come on somebody shoot.

The cave scene was decent. Sinon got emotional while talking to Kirito. They started talking about their past... again. I saw the purpose of Sinon telling Kirito, but not the other way around. The talk was good, but I feel like the whole "I killed somebody" theme was run it's course. Hopefully next episode will have some action.

3/5.
Sep 6, 2014 10:36 AM

Aug 2014
Told each other's trauma story, bonding over traumas, licking each other's wounds......Moving on.

Edit: And exposition, and she did not die (obviously).
Sep 6, 2014 10:42 AM

Jun 2013
-Resident- said:

I completely agree with you. That's no surprise. Btw, I actually wanted to say melodramatic instead of overdramatic, which mean roughly the same thing. It just fits in my sentence a lot better.

Anyways, I wouldn't have minded the drama, if it weren't for the bland characters and the use of those awkward dialogues. They felt so unnatural to the point that I was losing my grip.

The overexposure of both the characters' trauma scenes is another thing as well.

Haha yeah you won't have people holding a "trauma therapy session" while they're being chased down. W/e it's not like it's the first time I've seen this kind of dialogue in an anime.

And the whole chest beating thing that Sinon did followed by her Tsundere line, "I hate you... but let me lean on you." I didn't expect Sinon's character to go from such a badass to a shoujo romance protagonist. You're right about melodramatic.
Sep 6, 2014 10:45 AM

Aug 2014
-Resident- said:
Ugh, I knew this would be executed this badly. It's not like I wanted Sinon to die, but at least execute the scene properly. I know that real time is irrelevant in anime, but he still had plenty of time to shoot her, even while performing little "ritual".

There is actually a reason for it, which they hopefully won't forget to mention later on in the anime.
Sep 6, 2014 10:47 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Nice character development on Sinon. We see her break down in the virtual world as well, to the point where she can't shoot her Hecate anymore. Kirito opens up and tells her SAO and why he must settle things once and for all with Death Gun in GGO. I agree with Sinon, Kirito doesn't make excuses when he fights, well he tends to not show it.

It's getting even better. Anxious for the real battle, Death Gun vs Kirito.

Sep 6, 2014 10:48 AM

Dec 2011
There's a lot of talking in this arc.
Sep 6, 2014 10:50 AM

Aug 2013
Mmm, it was a bit too much forced drama for me. Felt a bit unnatural.

But you know, Sinon is a classic tsundere in the end : ''I hate you! I hate you!'' ''Protect me all your life!''
I can imagine Asuna fulminating xD

Seeing Desu Gun on that horse was really hilarious. It looked like a mecha, riding a mecha :P

Of course, Kirito owned Musketeer X. Everyone is such a noob compared to him.

I don't know if it's heading that way because of the very last scene, but it would be nice to see Desu GUn vendetta from his POV.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 6, 2014 10:51 AM
Apr 2014
Insertanamehere said:
-Resident- said:
Ugh, I knew this would be executed this badly. It's not like I wanted Sinon to die, but at least execute the scene properly. I know that real time is irrelevant in anime, but he still had plenty of time to shoot her, even while performing little "ritual".

There is actually a reason for it, which they hopefully won't forget to mention later on in the anime.

Don't think they will, I mean, would be so retarded not so say the reason for that since its something most of the people should be wondering about...

Sep 6, 2014 10:51 AM

Jun 2013
You know, SAO is one of those shows that really irks me at times. I mean, the animation and music are fantastic, especially in this episode, but the writing...oh the writing...
Sep 6, 2014 10:54 AM

Feb 2008
Sinon falling in love with Kirito right on schedule... Quite frankly I'm getting more irritated by her "I can fight" or "Oh no, I can't shoot him" rollercoaster ride.
Sep 6, 2014 10:58 AM

Oct 2011
The depiction of the events of the novels are done wonderfully. I have only two notes on the matter:
1. The chase scene felt extremely scary in the novel, while here it seemed normal, but I guess they couldn't have done much about it, since it was a psychological matter and it can be better described with words rather than video
2. The art style of the scenes from SAO has degraded. If they were actually such in the first season I'm not sure I would have liked the series as much as I currently do

Sep 6, 2014 10:59 AM

May 2014
Mind numbingly directed action that is so inconsistent, illogical and played so straight it hurts to laugh.

Then we get the stupid mood swing drama that is handled so badly, it earns the trophy for most cringeworthy dramatical moment of the season.
Sep 6, 2014 11:01 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
rumbleanime said:
Great episode...
So the climax was reached, of course she was saved and they told each other their past, which forges a bond between Kirito and Shinon..

Did Asuna and the other friends watched the escape scene from Death Gun on TV now like the week before?

Asuna logged out to go investigate, remember?

The only people who were in the ALO lounge , if that's what they were in were: Clain, Silica, Lisbeth, and Yui. I'm guessing they were watching the escape scene, maybe not in a close view, but perhaps birds eye view.

Sep 6, 2014 11:03 AM

Dec 2011
Dat buttcrack...

Awwww, I just knew that Kirito would come and save the damsel in distress AKA Sinon.

Damn... it seems like the ghosts are of her past are back to haunt her and she couldn't destroy that horse...

It seems that sometimes it's better to miss a shot and create a huge explosion in return XD.

Musketeer-san looked smokin' hot to be honest lol.

Dem feelings this episode though...

It was nice seeing both Kirito and Sinon talk about their similar pasts.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Sep 6, 2014 11:08 AM
Sep 2014
More action pls
Sep 6, 2014 11:12 AM

Apr 2014
so ep 10 ended

anyone know if sao 2 will cover both arc like sao 1?? or just ggo and part of arc 4?
Sep 6, 2014 11:17 AM

Feb 2012
Damn shoot her already.
Sep 6, 2014 11:18 AM

Jan 2012
T3hSource said:
Then we get the stupid mood swing drama that is handled so badly, it earns the trophy for most cringeworthy dramatical moment of the season.
Agree with this completely, cringeworthy is an understatement.
Sep 6, 2014 11:18 AM

Jul 2012
rl1dragon said:

You watched it! You can't unwatch it! Stay tuned for more ...
TALES
OF
INTEREST!!!
Sep 6, 2014 11:21 AM
Apr 2014
uzee said:
1. The chase scene felt extremely scary in the novel, while here it seemed normal, but I guess they couldn't have done much about it, since it was a psychological matter and it can be better described with words rather than video

I totally agree with you, I was waiting for this so much, had my hopes so high but idk, it didn't give that feeling of "scaping from death" or anything...

Sep 6, 2014 11:24 AM
Mar 2014
Some real progression this time, despite the seemingly slow pace. In the end, this will therapy for both.
Good episode.
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Sep 6, 2014 11:30 AM

Jan 2014
Some drama moments here and there along with Desu Gun.

Looks like some action next episode? Hope so.
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by No_Fan_676 »»
Aug 18, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

612 by KaiserVonGogureo »»
Aug 12, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

960 by elpasho0 »»
Jul 29, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Jul 4, 2014

1114 by Vortixx_ »»
Jul 27, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

356 by Forum »»
Jul 4, 7:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.