3It was OK
3.9%
2Disliked it
0.4%
1Hated it
1.6%
Average 4.7
1,596 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 21, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Another loop for Shinpei and looks like his friends and allies are together for another battle.

Quite an intense episode with that roaring fire. The Shadows in this episode are absolutely merciless. If anything to learn from this episode is always be prepared when taking on a Shadow regardless what timeline they're in.
Jul 21, 2022 8:33 AM

May 2020
Yes he got sniped, the only plausible outcome tbh. Though experiencing loop once again pretty much confirmed one thing and it's that he can only loop once after this, there won't be a ninth loop as time limit will catch up to him, almost by the next time.

Since he can't go back any further than the time the loop started, and as already evident the limit moves forward too every time he dies, by the next time even if he died minutes before he did in the last loop, there won't be any next chance. So the second last chance by every means, and they already aren't holding back making this whole mess a big good guys vs bad guys thing lol.

This was some Hollywood action packed with shotguns, snipers, timed dialogues and most of all doing everything in those closed spaces. God bless those two teddy bears of Tokiko, graced us with naked Mio, though that too was mildly censored. Super thrilling last few minutes, and without a doubt the best animated episode yet. May give a feel everything’s well and good for now but who knows, and okay wait we getting one more ally? LOL.
Jul 21, 2022 9:01 AM
Aug 2019
I really want to know who was in charge of the key animation for the first few minutes. Damn, character animation rivaled KyoAni there.
Jul 21, 2022 12:15 PM

Jul 2019
ImGeneric said:
I really want to know who was in charge of the key animation for the first few minutes. Damn, character animation rivaled KyoAni there.
Some more notable people were: takeshi Maenami, ayaka tsuji, keisuke kobayashi, reiko nagasawa, haruka iida, osamu murata, yasushi nishiya (who was also the animation director), etc
Jul 21, 2022 4:32 PM
May 2016
Softhenic03 said:
Yes he got sniped, the only plausible outcome tbh. Though experiencing loop once again pretty much confirmed one thing and it's that he can only loop once after this, there won't be a ninth loop as time limit will catch up to him, almost by the next time.

Since he can't go back any further than the time the loop started, and as already evident the limit moves forward too every time he dies, by the next time even if he died minutes before he did in the last loop, there won't be any next chance. So the second last chance by every means, and they already aren't holding back making this whole mess a big good guys vs bad guys thing lol.

This was some Hollywood action packed with shotguns, snipers, timed dialogues and most of all doing everything in those closed spaces. God bless those two teddy bears of Tokiko, graced us with naked Mio, though that too was mildly censored. Super thrilling last few minutes, and without a doubt the best animated episode yet. May give a feel everything’s well and good for now but who knows, and okay wait we getting one more ally? LOL.

I'm not that sure about the his ability's limits. We know from Haine that he can't control his ability which means it is possible that the limits are only limits when it comes to use it unconsciously.
Obviously it's much more interesting if there is no second chance left. But I wanted to mention this as a future twist.
Jul 21, 2022 4:32 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Might have been the best episode so far, the plays were incredible.

I especially love that they confirmed takio is into mio and that they found an optimal way to use all the information they gathered so far for what could have been a nice final battle. Though with 10 episodes left there is probably a lot more to tell.
Jul 21, 2022 5:31 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was a banger! They went hard with the fight scene animations in this one. And all the fun twists that played out throughout the fight.
If ushio can turn other shadows good, then couldn't she just create an army of shadows to fight for them? Even if not, Ushio herself has proven to be incredibly OP. If mio is anywhere near the same level and is successfully turned that would be incredibly useful.
Jul 21, 2022 5:55 PM
Jun 2019
A banger of an episode, especially during the fast-moving action scenes. Nagumo-sensei with her shotgun = OP. Shinpei only has one more loop left, and they'll be bringing Shadow Mio on their sides. It kinda feels like we're in the endgame now.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 21, 2022 6:16 PM

May 2019
Depending on when you're watching/reading this, we're pretty much at the start point for the anime: 8月22日 JST or July 21st pretty much anywhere else at the time of airing. Kind of an interesting tidbit imo.

To start off, we have a rather fazed Shinpei cutting up a sandwich with Ushio and Mio walking in following the sudden cut to a new loop of last episode. Furthermore, while we do see a redo of the gathering of the previous loop, at least everyone is gathered together, at which we get more details concerning Shinpei's looping abilities. It seems that the point from which a new "starting/respawn point" can begin and the pace at which the past crumbles away hastens towards the date of the festival, and respawning at any point before the limit might result in actual death with no additional loops. On the other hand, Ushio optimistically points out the limitations of object copying and how there is a specific limit to which an object is present and usable—maybe this will be of use to the team later on.

とにかく, now we're jumping straight into a nighttime duel at the school, and a whole host of twists await.
  • Not going to lie, it seems weird seeing how there persists two versions of Mio at the same time: one whose rather sweet and soft while the other a stone-cold yandere killer
  • While Nezu-san is often a good ally, just like any camping sniper, it really is hard to quickly switch and dodge a bullet or target point squarely at you
  • Despite the previous loops, Tokiko seems to be helping them out for the mean time, using her own knowledge of the Shadows and using those large baby-like creatures from a couple episodes back to her advantage
  • Action scenes were, in my opinion, well animated given the intensity of the conflict presented

BUT, the last few scenes of this episodes were most certainly the icing on top. Not only did we see Shide & Haine pretty much bursting into flames and being so close to erasure (that elicited a roller coaster of emotions from me), the tide is pretty much turning once again for Shipnei and the gang—hopefully this might stay for a bit. Hell, things are just going to get interesting from here on out now that shadow Mio is pretty much captured, so let's just see what they're going to do with her.

I know this will be premature of me, but I'm going to say it: this has got to be the best episode in the anime so far.

"Well Shinpei's above y'all!"
Jul 21, 2022 8:25 PM
May 2020
No way this show is getting better. Chara design and animation are really notable, nerve-wracking episode with all-out battle. I love how the enemy is desperated for life, as if they're normal beings not a genius villain. There are some unexplained flaws, but nonetheless all of the positive things overshadowed it. 5/5

Hopefully this'll be my 3rd 10/10 anime...
Jul 21, 2022 8:38 PM

Sep 2019
Another 5/5 episode. Shit is about to get real. And damn, a human hand inside Shide? I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 21, 2022 8:56 PM

May 2020
this was probably the best ep so far
cant wait for the next one
it feels like the story is nearing its conclusion but we still have 10 eps left

Jul 21, 2022 9:16 PM
Dec 2016
agreed this episode is the greatest one, from 15 episodes only in this episodes we can see happy end in the end. The battle is intense and for the first time Ushio and Shin can fight them back with brain
Jul 21, 2022 9:54 PM

Mar 2016
Very well animated episode. Apparently a bunch of freelancers that used to work for Madhouse were involved. Wouldn't be surprised if some of the same people did High School of the Dead and Parasyte the Maxim.

Too bad the plotting is still hilariously bad and contrived.
Jul 22, 2022 12:12 AM

Jan 2013
great ep, but definitely to good to be the end with two months of episodes left and some pieces left unsolved (like Sou's pops and now Shide's true form)...at least there was no bullshit cliffhanger lol
hope Haine's suffering to be even more painful than this one towards the end, such an insufferable villain especially when using that lil girl's body lol
the animation on the action was some good shit too
Jul 22, 2022 1:23 AM
Feb 2021
It was a great episode. It used last episode's build-up perfectly and the action was superb too.
lot people complained about the animation of the last episode but they don't know rule number 1 of animation quality. If it drops for an episode it means an action fiesta will be in the next one. studios usually don't put equal effort and budget into everything (except kyoAni).
Jul 22, 2022 1:23 AM

Oct 2017
Intense episode with lots of action and for once things actually went well for them. So seems like someone's inside Shide, who could it be? Also finally shadow Mio will turn to the good side.
Jul 22, 2022 2:25 AM

Feb 2020
This show has just never missed before I swear. Every minute is always really captivating and interesting. This episode especially.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2022 2:34 AM

Nov 2013
Holy crap! The animation was superb! Exceeded all expectations! 10/10 episode. Time to add shadow-Mio to the party!
Jul 22, 2022 2:50 AM
Aug 2021
The first win after such a long story from mio killing shinpei, this was so satisfying it made me excited watching it, who would have thought that they would win in that situation ( i didn't) i thought everything will happen in the last loop as all anime's plot goes but this is different
Jul 22, 2022 2:57 AM
Jul 2018
Another banger episode but I cant believe they used the same idea with bulletproof vest just like in Back to the future 3
Jul 22, 2022 3:03 AM

Aug 2020
good progress. I feel like we would get to see the real mastermind soon (original)

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 22, 2022 3:04 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, that was cool! Finally, Shinpei manages to get one over Haine but sadly he and co. weren't able to kill them off completely and this might hurt in the next few episodes...

Anyways, Ushio's quick thinking has been too much of a saving grace for the party and luckily it has gotten them over another pinch. Shinpei squeezing in some bulletproof protection in advance was a great idea too, credits to him for that. Particularly loved that scene of him throwing that branch lit with fire, that look on his face was spot-on!

Animation, as a whole, this episode was incredible! It's been a little iffy lately but this goes to show that they've got the talent to step it up when required. I'm curious to see how Haine and Shide will respond to this.

Hizuru-san's analysis in the end there was very interesting. Vacuum and the air pressure difference, credits to Haine for being able to think of that firstly and then going on to carry it out. And the human body inside Shide? How not copy-able then? The mystery is starting to unfold slowly now.

Shadow Mio to join the crew? Well, isn't that fantastic! I was thinking mid-way into the episode that it'd be nice if another Ushio-like help could appear for Shinpei and co. and well here it is, I suppose. Possibly one more loop for Shinpei, that's scary stuff. I was expecting some more leeway but life isn't so sweet, I guess. You'd have to feel it'll go down to the last wire even then but let's hope not for the sake of Shinpei.

I'm just a little confused how Tokiko's shadows managed to break the connection with Haine. Could anyone explain this for me?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 22, 2022 3:20 AM
Jun 2017
Lets GO!!! they finally survived a loop...and we have found some interesting facts here such as those shadows are weak on fire, and Shide has a human form on it.. lets GO!!!
Jul 22, 2022 3:32 AM
Feb 2021
It was about time they got the upper hand, at least once. Amazing episode.
Jul 22, 2022 3:39 AM

May 2015
This episode was amazing!! Once Shinpei realized what had happened it was nothing but planning and action from that point. Ushio is OP and so is Haine. I felt a little bit of sympathy for her when she revealed that she wanted to be a family with Shiori's parents as shiori. But her methods and end-goal is way too cruel for her desires. The shadow mio fight and the simultaneous battle against Haine and Shide was very exciting. Now, we have a pinned down shadow mio that the crew wants Ushio to corrupt and make good like Ushio. The more the merrier I say!
Jul 22, 2022 3:55 AM

Feb 2022
Boy boy boy this episode is soo good man. The animation subarashi.
Jul 22, 2022 4:33 AM

Oct 2015
I know it's weird and unorthodox, but I kinda am rooting for Haine and Shide. I feel like there's some meaning behind their takeover.

Let Mio shine too. I feel like she's being pushed aside a lot.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 22, 2022 4:39 AM
Aug 2013
So it seems that they decided to go with a lower quality animation for ep 14 so that they can deliver an amazing animation in ep 15.

Nice episode!

So Heine has the power of looping, manipulating shadows, and foreseeing 2 seconds in the future, and the same powers are split between Ryuunosuke, Ushio, and Shinpei!

It is definitely hard to predict what could happen! They should end the fight in this loop … but I think they will go to the next loop.

I still don’t understand why is it the last loop? If he dies early then yes it is the last loop but what if they go to the second day? Then Shinpei should have more loops right? It is all about when he dies and at what point of time the next loops starts.
Jul 22, 2022 4:54 AM

Aug 2018
THis episode is fire
Jul 22, 2022 5:32 AM

Oct 2016
Holy fucking shit, what an episode, the visuals and everything.

Now that they've successfully crippled Haine and Shide a bit, I wonder what the next play is. If they successfully turn Shadow Mio as well, I wonder what kind of role she'll play. Though this makes me think, Shadow Ushio's connection must have been severed too at the beginning, now who could've possibly done that? I wonder if Haine's right eye has something to do with that, cause that mofo jumped out of her eye socket last episode lmao. We still have 10 episodes, like damn, I can't predict what's gonna happen next. Can't wait.

On the first half of the show, we was getting folded, but now we're fighting back. Thinking about that, the new OP gets me hyped.
Jul 22, 2022 5:59 AM
Jan 2020
OMG It popped off this ep !!!!!!!
the animation was just stellar words can't explain how much I enjoyed this ep , the camera work too mainy looked impresive the animation was like Kyoani type of animation really fluids character movements and camera work .
People were hyping this ep but I was not ready for this looks like really experienced people of Studio OLM worked this ep and today was the day manga was published too so they out did themselves.

This right there is the anime of the year with each ep getting good one after another .
really can't wait for the next episode one.
Jul 22, 2022 6:13 AM

Jan 2020
So we're down to two chances left, this current loop and potentially one more; and here I was hoping for a montage of Shinpei death and despair, alas.

Shinpei jumped down from the high rafters after being shot -- I'm pretty sure he isn't dying any time soon.

Overall, there were some good visuals and animation in this episode. It was pretty exciting to watch. I was sort of hoping for a Shide reveal, but I guess they are going to take their time on that one.

I suppose they need all the allies they can get, but two Mio's might get a little dicey for the ShinpeixUshio ship. Maybe, if nothing else, Sou can have his own Mio now?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 22, 2022 6:14 AM

Jun 2016
I CAN TELL THIS EPISODE IS AMAZINGLY GOOD !!

EVERYTHING IS VERY GOOD AND EPIC !!!

ALSO SHORT HAIR USHIO IS DAMN SUPER KAWAIII !!
Jul 22, 2022 7:12 AM

Nov 2018
The best episode until now, insane. Finally team Shinpei took a W, the fights scenes were incredibly well done with godlike animation.

Also, I'm in love with short hair Ushio.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jul 22, 2022 7:59 AM

May 2022
commonxreaction said:
So we're down to two chances left, this current loop and potentially one more; and here I was hoping for a montage of Shinpei death and despair, alas.

Shinpei jumped down from the high rafters after being shot -- I'm pretty sure he isn't dying any time soon.

Overall, there were some good visuals and animation in this episode. It was pretty exciting to watch. I was sort of hoping for a Shide reveal, but I guess they are going to take their time on that one.

I suppose they need all the allies they can get, but two Mio's might get a little dicey for the ShinpeixUshio ship. Maybe, if nothing else, Sou can have his own Mio now?

I am taking a guess the real mio might die from the possible foreshadowing of the new episode title if I had to take a shot at what might happen next, since she is the only one that is copied on the team currently.

Finally a big win for the team it was feeling grim especially, since the last few episodes have been really bad for the team. The remaining 10 Episodes left should be very entertaining till the end, since the show has been ramping up after the mid point.
Jul 22, 2022 8:10 AM

Sep 2020
The best episode so far, holy shit that was awesome
Jul 22, 2022 8:10 AM

Jan 2020
Zoopiez said:
commonxreaction said:

I am taking a guess the real mio might die from the possible foreshadowing of the new episode title if I had to take a shot at what might happen next, since she is the only one that is copied on the team currently.

Finally a big win for the team it was feeling grim especially, since the last few episodes have been really bad for the team. The remaining 10 Episodes left should be very entertaining till the end, since the show has been ramping up after the mid point.

Maybe, but seeing as they already killed off one "real" character: Ushio, I'm not so sure if they are going to readily do that again. Especially since if they start killing off all the real characters then they are essentially letting Haine and Shide win -- as that is their goal in the first place. I feel like that would negate the point of this story. I'd think the goal is to retain as many real characters as possible. And, considering Ushio told Shinpei to take care of Mio, I kind the impression Mio may have plot shield. Though, I'm not sure I can say the same for Shadow Ushio.

It would be something though if this show just went completely in favor of the villains though. I just don't get the impression that is what is going to happen.

caliburn1337 said:
The best episode until now, insane. Finally team Shinpei took a W, the fights scenes were incredibly well done with godlike animation.

Also, I'm in love with short hair Ushio.

I forgot to mention it, but I also appreciate her shorter hair, it seems to suit her better.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 22, 2022 8:30 AM

Jul 2017
DAMN THIS EPISODE WENT POPPING with the action!

Shinpei's memories are just winding down, knowing the fact of the loops, and that every loop brings them closer to the intended Summer festival on July 24th. ONE LOOP LEFT TO GO. Putting things into perspective, the more Shinpei loops, the more that death will be imminent leading to the 'event horizon'. And their goal is stopping Haine and the Shadows from doing the same as Shinpei, and identifying what's been copied and not.

And at long last, Shinpei facing Haine in Shiori and her partner Shide with the many Shadows, and this plan has to go like clockwork to avoid his death at all costs. To think that Tokiko has the baby Shadows in her guard, she's capable, but none so as both Nezu and Ryuunosuke, and mentally, Ushio herself to keeping both Haine and Shide at bay, with the ultimate weakness being fire.

Of all the effort done, Shide still stands strong against the inferno, but dragging Shadow Ushio with him, he'd thought that he won the battle, but lost the war with Ushio's necklace being the real body. And even then, Haine managing to escape, they were THIS close to erasing her, but at least everyone is alive, and more info is gathered with the Shadows' quirks and features to round up everything, being a fruitful night.

Also, in their arsenal, a captured Shadow Mio, this would help them out a lot going forward for the final loop. Finally a big W for Shinpei and Co.
Jul 22, 2022 8:57 AM

Dec 2013
_MushiRock11_ said:
I'm just a little confused how Tokiko's shadows managed to break the connection with Haine. Could anyone explain this for me?

Ushio erased their connection to Haine.
Jul 22, 2022 9:05 AM

Sep 2012
Komi, Summertime, Odd Taxi.
I'm so glad OLM is doing some more variety anime. Production quality is superb.
Jul 22, 2022 9:46 AM
Aug 2015
This episode was great, finally something going right for the group.
I still believe this will go darker without a doubt, but I want to know , if the night is "certain" or if Shinpei is killed again do they need to redo this all over and the shadows they killed revive?
Jul 22, 2022 9:59 AM

Jun 2021
What a masterpiece of an episode, the twists were so crazy and unexpected, Haine has some interesting powers like seeing 2 seconds ahead and merging shadows.

I think I've never watch an episode that got me screaming of excitement(like loudly), watching this weekly has been a blessing('cause the story is amazing) and a curse(because of the cliffhanger), but to be honest I like the cliffhangers 'cause they make the show so much better and make me look forward to the next weeks.

I think this is going to be one of my favorite animes, so I hope it carries on like this.

10/10 episode

Jul 22, 2022 10:04 AM

Mar 2020
Stakes rose a lot this episode, with it being revealed that Shinpei likely has only one loop left after this. Lot of awesome action with quite a few twists this episode, and that was pretty stunning. The shadow army suffer injuries, while everyone in Shinpei's group escape, big W for them. How will they leverage Shinpei's assumed death from the Shadows point of view to keep pushing for victory?

Undoubtedly, the best episode so far.
Jul 22, 2022 10:17 AM
Oct 2021
Liking how shinpei is outsmarting haine haha
Jul 22, 2022 10:30 AM

Apr 2021
This was one intense episode!!! I for one enjoyed it!!! And it was really good since they all managed to survive this time!!! A huge win for Shipei's group!! It's not over yet tho. Can't wait to see how things go from here on out!!!
Jul 22, 2022 10:39 AM
Feb 2020
Everything is great, one downside I find in this episode is, it lacks of banger soundtrack. I dont know why it became silent almost the whole episode. Felt like they forgot to add soundtrack.

Imagine if sawano handled the soundtrack of this anime....
Jul 22, 2022 10:46 AM

May 2016
absolutely banger of a episode and a show in general. I will give this a 9/10 if Ushio survives at the end and doesn't "Sacrifice herself" at the end and they all live happily ever after.
Jul 22, 2022 10:54 AM
Dec 2020
The animation and direction this episode was great. Vacuum doesn't work that way but I guess it's fine
Jul 22, 2022 11:03 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Seems Shinpei was shot by a rifle and that was the reason he looped...
His new loop begins and he only has one left after this.
They fight against the shadows!
Nezu saves Hizuru.
Haine couldn't control Tokiko's shadows because of Ushio's help!
The gas explosion burns all the shadows but it doesn't completely halt Haine.
Shinpei gets a good shot on her!
Ushio gets her and tries to erase her...
Haine pleads to her not to erase her and starts crying which Ushio gets slowed down by. Shinpei is shot multiple times...
Ushio swaps places! And Haine stops the flames...
She got away... they were so close!!!
Shinpei wore a bulletproof vest!

Looking forward to the next episode
Rem4lifexDJul 22, 2022 11:07 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

475 by jaesverse »»
May 24, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

200 by jaesverse »»
May 24, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

124 by Lanz »»
May 23, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

122 by jaesverse »»
May 23, 7:06 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2022

152 by jaesverse »»
May 23, 5:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.