3It was OK
3.7%
2Disliked it
1.2%
1Hated it
2.7%
Average 4.6
407 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 18, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
This was episode was dark, with the experiments and memories. I'm not surprised at this point considering what some of our characters went through during their past. Still sad and tragic to see anyways.

Only 2 more episodes left but was quite a thriller. Vanitas has such a complex past when you think about it.
Mar 18, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 18, 2022 9:57 AM

Jul 2017
Mikhail, even back when he first knew Vanitas as Dr. Moreau's test subject No. 71, he like Vanitas is subjected to whatever atrocities the eccentric doctor has laid out for them. That's some pretty dark and scary shit for the brothers' backstory.

Mikhail/Misha's trauma is as much Vanitas's, but only because that the former is too young, and Vanitas took the role for Dr. Moueau's vampire experiments till no end, including the Books of Vanitas created by the Vampire of the Blue Moon, let alone 2 to alter the World Formula (which Chloe d'Apchier did break that mold). Thinking back to the 1st Cour, it almost feels like the Blue Moon Clan was more of a cult that Dr. Moueau had thought up for the both of them. Yet the doctor gets Jun Mochizuki's comedy gag treatment, which serves as a de facto against the norm.

The true Vampire of the Blue Moon (also called Vanitas) has to witness the aftermath of Dr. Moueau's insane experiment gone wrong, and he/she took the brothers away before the Chasseur Paladins witness a scene like that to take them into custody. While Mikhail looks upon like a child, Vanitas goes for the kill instead because of the banned experiments. But nevertheless, he/she is a vampire that was called upon to help them both, recouperate them back to health and understand their plight.

Vanitas has a tough upbringing from his parents whom suffered under the attacks of vampires to render their deaths, and that explains why he has a hatred for vampires, vowing to grow up and become a Chasseur to do just that. But his perception was warped with Dr. Moreau's experiments amidst his kindness, and almost immediately he was nursed back to his natural self, though the Vampire of the Blue Moon...he/she has some questionable decisions when it comes to housekeeping and making food that Vanitas has to make it for them, haha.

And that's what Noé saw while sinking his blood into Mikhail's skin, forcing him to watch his memories of him and Vanitas that could upset the balance of the world at worse. Basically, Mikhail and Vanitas both parted ways of being vampire and human respectively, and the final 2 episodes will really showcase the rivalry of brothers.

Deeply engrossing!
Mar 18, 2022 10:34 AM
Oct 2020
I just wanna say I like the blue moon vampire's voice very very much. That is all
Mar 18, 2022 10:44 AM

May 2020
If only we take our eyes off from some forced humor no one's asking for, this episode was praiseworthy. Though that maniac of a doctor again made me sick. Also never really expected they'd show real Vanitas, but yeah they did.
Mar 18, 2022 11:01 AM
Feb 2021
I can't even explain the level of fantasticness that was this episode. I loved the dark tones throughout the episode. I loved learning more about Vanitas, and the truly amazing character that he is. My heart broke for Vanitas. Superb!!! Eagerly awaiting on the edge of my seat for the next episode.
Mar 18, 2022 11:57 AM

Mar 2020
This episode was a bit censored though overall it was great ofcourse. Well only 2 episodes are left and i am afraid that some scenes might not get the justice they desrve....
Though I am positive it will end on a cliff hanger(or i hope the last episode is 45 mins long atleast)
234MannanMar 18, 2022 1:48 PM
Mar 18, 2022 12:35 PM

Jul 2013
Hopefully the ending won't be too rushed if they don't plan to end it on some kind of cliffhanger...
Interesting directing choices for this episode. I don't really remember how much comedy was in the spotlight in the manga during this flashback so I got a bit surprised. Still, it serves it's function for creating contrast.

Voice acting was great.

I think a few things were skipped if I remember well but the essence is there.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Mar 18, 2022 1:31 PM

Apr 2020
234Mannan said:
This episode was a bit censored though overall it was great ofcourse. Well only 2 episodes are left and i am afraid that some scenes might not get the justice they desrve....
Though I am positive it will end on a cliff hanger.

What chapter does this correspond to? I want to see the scenes they censored
Mar 18, 2022 1:31 PM

Nov 2019
Paku Romi killed it with her Vanitas of The Blue Moon impression!

Very well paced episode, though they should have toned down the brightness in some scenes.

Next episode is gonna be a test of animation and direction.
Laplace_kunMar 18, 2022 3:01 PM
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Mar 18, 2022 1:39 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A whole episode on Mikhail's backstory with Vanitas, that really great, of course it would have a lot of tragic parts but it was actually really well done
Mar 18, 2022 1:48 PM

Mar 2020
Laplace_kun said:
Pakku Romi killed it with her Vanitas of The Blue Moon impression!

Very well paced episode, though they should have toned down the brightness in some scenes.

Couldnt have said this better, the next episode is whats going to determine if this adpat was truely a great one or not.
Mar 18, 2022 1:53 PM

Mar 2020
Mahdhi1235 said:
234Mannan said:
Though I am positive it will end on a cliff hanger.

What chapter does this correspond to? I want to see the scenes they censored
Refer to chapter 48. The censorship is not that much honestly. They are more like minor cut scenes for the most part. Since chap 49 was the most imp one(with which they did a perfect job)
Mar 18, 2022 2:00 PM

Feb 2019
Laplace_kun said:
Pakku Romi killed it with her Vanitas of The Blue Moon impression!

Thanks to MaL's search quality, I was able to find that the Romi Pakku you mentioned is actually Romi PARK. She definitely had a god voice for Real Vanitas.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Mar 18, 2022 3:04 PM

Sep 2018
That was a great episode, probably my fav of the season.
Mar 18, 2022 3:05 PM
Jan 2021
The anime was on my plan to watch list for a long time. Then I gave it a try and watched everything in one night because it was too interesting to stop. I love the romance between Vanitas and Jeanne. Jeanne blushing puts always a smile on my face. And don't get me started with Vanitas. I've never seen a more interesting MC than him and I love his personality. I love the humor and how the animation changes when there are funny scenes and the facial expressions are S tier. I don't know why but I don't like Noe that much and I'm not interested in his character. The funny scenes let you forget how dark the anime is. The first season was more light but the second season is so dark.
Mar 18, 2022 3:32 PM

Apr 2020
ArcherMinato said:
The anime was on my plan to watch list for a long time. Then I gave it a try and watched everything in one night because it was too interesting to stop. I love the romance between Vanitas and Jeanne. Jeanne blushing puts always a smile on my face. And don't get me started with Vanitas. I've never seen a more interesting MC than him and I love his personality. I love the humor and how the animation changes when there are funny scenes and the facial expressions are S tier. I don't know why but I don't like Noe that much and I'm not interested in his character. The funny scenes let you forget how dark the anime is. The first season was more light but the second season is so dark.

Same. I like pretty much every character apart from Noe. The dudes too annoying for me and he's kinda stupid
Mar 18, 2022 4:18 PM
Mar 2016
22 episodes in and a character that is actually likeable has been introduced. Too bad it's a flashback
Mar 18, 2022 4:18 PM

May 2021
The backstory was pretty dark but I kinda expected that.

Mar 18, 2022 5:10 PM

Sep 2017
I quite liked this. So much more interesting than the random ass beatman arc.
Mar 18, 2022 5:29 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Based on what was shown this episode, some of the previous falshbacks have come into place. The question now is what happened to Mikhail afterwards up until present time? I feel like Ruthven may be involved somehow.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 18, 2022 6:46 PM
Apr 2020
Vanitas and Mikhail's dark backstory in Mikhail's POV. Agree with the Vampire of the Blue Moon, Vanitas is a kind person. In Mikhail's POV, Vanitas killed the Vampire of the Blue Moon. But, I guess, that's not the case. The scene looks Vanitas hugging and bidding farewell to the Vampire of the Blue Moon. The reason of their death is intriguing. Vanitas and Mikhail face-off next episode? They're very gentle to Vanitas and Mikhail, like a real parent, but isn't good at household chores. lmao

Ao_SkyMar 18, 2022 6:49 PM
Mar 18, 2022 9:55 PM
Dec 2021
I'm still looking forward to what happens to Domi rather than watching Vanitas's past
Mar 18, 2022 10:27 PM

Nov 2019
ApathyMonk said:
22 episodes in and a character that is actually likeable has been introduced. Too bad it's a flashback

22 episodes in and this user made it's first ever (cringe) post
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Mar 19, 2022 3:53 AM
Jul 2018
5/5 amazing episode I really like the vampire of the blue moon
removed-userAug 14, 2022 1:59 AM
Mar 19, 2022 4:18 AM
Mar 2021
Vanitas's voice make me cry, Natsuki Hanae's crying voice is superb. Vampire of the blue moon have such a relaxing and neutral voice, really suit Vanitas (vampire) since Vanitas is non binary.

It's sad that they cut a lot of information to the point that I don't care anymore 😂 But they include newest arc so it's good.
Mar 19, 2022 5:23 AM
Aug 2021
So this is the true Vanitas, the blue moon vampire who is hated by the red moon vampires and will take revenge on it, who also created the Vanitas book as told in episode one.

Anyways throughout the episode tells about Noe seeing Mikhail (71) memories when he was a child with Vanitas (69) I've been wondering if the number (70) is a plot hole or intentionally I don't know.

Park Romi is perfect for voicing Vanitas the blue moon vampire and her voice is really soft and I love it.

Actually there's still a lot I want to say but maybe that's all for now and I'm looking forward to 2 more episodes and what the conclusion will be.
StaciasMar 19, 2022 5:31 AM
Mar 19, 2022 5:58 AM

Jun 2016
damnn .. why her skin is full black . i mean blue vampire princess !!
Mar 19, 2022 11:58 AM
Jul 2020
So. The first half for me personally was terribly directed (I repeat for me personally, you may have a different opinion on this). If in the manga at some moments in the laboratory the blood ran cold when reading, then the impressions of this in the film adaptation are weak, most likely due to the fast pace and again seeming superfluous chibi. Also, the episode was heavily censored, like experimenting on Misha and sawing up a tied up vampire with a saw, which was watched by children... Also, the dating scene in the laboratory is rather emotionless and devoid of tension, and Bones carved out Vani's face when the Vampire gave him a choice: go with him or not. It's a pity Vanitas looked like a child there and it gave good reflections on his relationship with Jeanne and the choices he always offers her.
I liked the second half of the series better.
I like that the original Vanitas sounds non-binary, and she looks really pretty too.
It also started with medical instruments and Misha, and Vani's trembling voice when he volunteered ... I love him very much and I want happiness for him, and also for someone to take him in his arms ...
I liked the scene in the house and how cute Vanitas was, although Jun's art still doesn't compare...
Love that Noe saw it.
Bones, what logic did you use to draw Luna a red blush when she has blue blood...?!
Also, because of the fast pace, it confuses me that the anime only did not have time to become attached to Luna, and her death, unlike the manga, does not cause any feelings....
The name of the next series is annoying, if they cram four chapters into the series and ruin that very moment from chapter 53, I for myself send this anime to the trash forever ...
Mar 19, 2022 12:05 PM
Nov 2016
When introducing himself Misha (Mikhail) saying "nani?" is one of the cutest things I've seen in my life.
Mar 19, 2022 1:59 PM
Jul 2020
EiyuuuOu said:
So this is
Mahdhi1235 said:

same. I like pretty much every character apart from Noe. The dudes too annoying for me and he's kinda stupid

Anyways throughout the episode tells about Noe seeing Mikhail (71) memories when he was a child with Vanitas (69) I've been wondering if the number (70) is a plot hole or intentionally I don't know.

Number 70 exists, the anime cut it for now.
I do not agree. Noe is actually very perceptive and empathetic, and also good at capturing other people's emotions. He may be naive, due to his lifestyle, but he is clearly not stupid.

I noticed that little Vanitas has a lot of purple clothes. Thanks Bones, we got the reference.

As in the manga, it’s not clear to me: Moreu set up Vani’s death in battle, but Vani is 11/12 years old, at what age do huntsmen start sending children into battle in general ?!

2. Has anyone noticed that the bed in which sick Misha lies, as well as the room, is very similar to the bed and the queen's room in episode 7 of season 1?!
Mar 19, 2022 8:55 PM

Apr 2017
so, that's the episode? demm twas not enough... well done
HasnaspatiaMar 19, 2022 9:03 PM
Mar 19, 2022 9:16 PM

Jul 2012
Why did Mikhail call Vanitas father? Is he just a fucking weirdo?
Mar 20, 2022 3:29 AM

Mar 2020
Ririnka-kota said:
So. The first half for me personally was terribly directed (I repeat for me personally, you may have a different opinion on this). If in the manga at some moments in the laboratory the blood ran cold when reading, then the impressions of this in the film adaptation are weak, most likely due to the fast pace and again seeming superfluous chibi. Also, the episode was heavily censored, like experimenting on Misha and sawing up a tied up vampire with a saw, which was watched by children... Also, the dating scene in the laboratory is rather emotionless and devoid of tension, and Bones carved out Vani's face when the Vampire gave him a choice: go with him or not. It's a pity Vanitas looked like a child there and it gave good reflections on his relationship with Jeanne and the choices he always offers her.
I liked the second half of the series better.
I like that the original Vanitas sounds non-binary, and she looks really pretty too.
It also started with medical instruments and Misha, and Vani's trembling voice when he volunteered ... I love him very much and I want happiness for him, and also for someone to take him in his arms ...
I liked the scene in the house and how cute Vanitas was, although Jun's art still doesn't compare...
Love that Noe saw it.
Bones, what logic did you use to draw Luna a red blush when she has blue blood...?!
Also, because of the fast pace, it confuses me that the anime only did not have time to become attached to Luna, and her death, unlike the manga, does not cause any feelings....
The name of the next series is annoying, if they cram four chapters into the series and ruin that very moment from chapter 53, I for myself send this anime to the trash forever ...
I actually felt the same but the second half and "Vanitas intro" was just soo good that it made me forget about all that. Maybe it felt tense due to the manga being black and white as well since they only cut the info regarding no 70 even though he didnt physically appear(was just mentioned) So i guess he wasnt even important.
About that
Yeah.
I dont know what they are planning but i just hope they dont ruin the best moments in the manga(like seriously)
Mar 20, 2022 3:55 AM

Sep 2015
Neneaux said:

I posted this before being told that it will be (hopefully) be explained in the next episode, but feel free to read it anyway. I spoiler-tagged it just in case.

Cathen99Mar 21, 2022 5:47 AM
Mar 20, 2022 11:09 AM

May 2016
Finally we get to see Vanitas past.
Mar 20, 2022 10:58 PM
Jun 2021
Cathen99 said:
Neneaux said:

It was revealed in the manga, which the anime skipped, that The Vampire of the Blue Moon was non-binary and said that they are neither man nor woman. Vanitas and Mikhail, however, chose to see them as a woman and a man respectively, possibly because Vanitas saw them as a mother-figure (because lack thereof) and Mikhail saw them as a father-figure (because lack thereof).

actually they didnt slip that, they adapted up till chapter 49 of the manga and that revelation happens in chapter 50/51, so it will appear in the next episode
Mar 21, 2022 5:43 AM

Sep 2015
Kishin_Hunter said:
Cathen99 said:

actually they didnt slip that, they adapted up till chapter 49 of the manga and that revelation happens in chapter 50/51, so it will appear in the next episode
Oh, my bad then, I misremembered. I will spoiler-tag it just in case. Thanks!
Cathen99Mar 24, 2022 5:24 AM
Mar 22, 2022 3:23 AM
Jun 2014
As expected that was an emotional episode. Seeing all the experiments and stuff was awful, but I really got sad when lil Vanitas was so vulnerable and crying. Like, what a 11/12 yo shoud be. Well I'm a sucker for tragic backstories especially "missing one's parents" like, so I am content with the ep and looking forward to the next one. But also a bit worried how much manga material they are going to squish in...
Mar 22, 2022 9:22 AM

Nov 2013
I'm loving season 2 more than 1st. Every episode flies in a heartbeat.
Mar 23, 2022 10:58 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, Vampire of the Blue Moon sure is gorgeous af. Having Romi Park voicing him/her easily being the cherry on top.

Overall, quite interesting backstory episode but the chibi comedy sure ruined a fair amount of scenes.
Mar 25, 2022 11:08 PM

Dec 2020
va's absolutely outdone themselves this ep. seriously, it actually hurted me listening to their cries and screams. way too real lol

blue moon vampire hella hot man i just know that the normal, Boring red moon vampires were jealous of them
Mar 26, 2022 3:24 AM

Aug 2019
so since Vanita took the more humane way. He’s more likely to die sooner than later.
Mar 29, 2022 12:33 AM

Jan 2021
They really ruined the serious tone of this episode with shitty chibi and bad comedy timings.
So dissapointed.
Mar 30, 2022 11:03 AM

Apr 2021
Vanitas's past was actually sad to watch :(
I'm curious to know more about the person from the blue moon clan.
Mar 30, 2022 11:13 AM

Oct 2017
I knew I'd like the vampire of the blue moon. He/She's quite amusing. Also Vanitas is finally here, showdown between them? Will Mikhail turn good?
Apr 2, 2022 4:30 AM

Apr 2020
Vamp! Vanitas was correct when they said Vanitas is a very kind child, even if he doesn't acknowledge it.

Apr 6, 2022 10:04 AM

Jun 2020
omg, that was absolutely haunting. the voice acting was so amazing!!!!

mikhail was so cute :(

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 22, 2022 12:25 PM
Nov 2020
Im kinda disappointed they didn't include some little details
May 2, 2022 1:25 PM

Jul 2015
This episodes really fueled my anger to that bastard baldy of a professor for what he put Vanitas and Mikhail through, can't wait for the excuciating retribution that awaits him.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2022

84 by ryzen_akabane »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 14, 2022

86 by Lanz »»
Yesterday, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2022

74 by bushman66 »»
Apr 11, 12:07 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 11, 2022

64 by bushman66 »»
Apr 11, 12:00 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2022

59 by bushman66 »»
Apr 11, 11:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.