3It was OK
6.3%
2Disliked it
1.7%
1Hated it
1.2%
Average 4.6
412 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2020 4:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not bad Nana. By earning the trust of her classmates, I feel like she at least has an advantage this arc against Kyouya in that field.

But no one is really what they seem such as Michiru. Never turn a back towards Michiru especially when they have a knife. It's crazy how fast characters can turn a personalities in a flash moment.
Nov 29, 2020 5:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So she really used the sun on the zombies to send the message on the phone? that's a bit weird but it works I guess.
But that new character is definitely going to be interesting, I didn't expect to see someone from the older generation, and his power is definitely terrifying, he can use metamorphosis and copy the powers.... I really don't know how she'll be able to kill him this time.
Nov 29, 2020 6:14 AM

Nov 2016
It's honestly a bit cheap, but you gotta give it to Nana, her acting is effective.

That new OP guy is something else, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 29, 2020 6:14 AM

Jan 2014
Eyyy finally Jin is here. His voice is super fitting for his character too, I love it.
Nov 29, 2020 6:15 AM

Jul 2017
Nana has once again outwitted Kyouya BY A HAIR. How intense is this mental battle of the Talented vs. Talentless, and using her status as the class leader as usual to manipulate everyone mentally.

Michiru sure got a lot of screentime this episode, but after this episode I can understand why. The best way I can sum Nana vs. Michiru this is: "There was an imposter among the imposter among us". Doppelganger vs. doppelganger, the most interesting dynamic of the series by far.

When Talented senior Jin Tachibana (he's actually in the OP if you search easy) takes Michiru's place, that eliminates Michiru's doppelganger profile straightaway (but incertain if that's her talent in the first place). His deal with Nana though, and bringing his "showhand" to the table of how the Enemies of Humanity were created in the first place, his infodump is essentially answering most of our speculations from the beginning.

The real victor here...may be Tachibana, the Talent of adapting/copying all talents he comes across. Truly an Enemy of Humanity.

The Survival of the Fittest, truly the perfect adage of this episode. Not bad for a chump of change.
Nov 29, 2020 6:31 AM
Jan 2020
Although this week episode seems to be feel like rushed to me but hell yeah!! Tachibana Jin, he succeed in fooled Nana not only once, but twice!! It seems he can copy not only persons appearance but their talents as well. No wonder he can survive from those battle royal from 5 years ago.
Nov 29, 2020 6:33 AM

Sep 2019
Finally, someone smart has appeared on the island and he happen to have an op ability. I hope he’ll make good use of his talent and won’t get killed by Nana like the other stupid kids. It was a good episode, way better than the show itself.
Nov 29, 2020 6:34 AM

Jun 2017
Really thought they pulled a plot twist on Michiru's character, they really had me in the first half, but that "Michiru" honestly was better than the real Michiru we have ngl.

New guy is OP and I'm liking this kind of character honsetly, especially with settings characters have each one super power. Really curious how the series gonna handle this type of character, but also at the same time, I don't really expect much from this anime considering some characters we have before.
Nov 29, 2020 7:02 AM
Aug 2020
Cat senpai So cool damn.
Nov 29, 2020 7:12 AM

Oct 2017
Kakakaka serves u right bitch, good luck killing this guy. If he teams up with Kyouya then the duo will be invincible.
Nov 29, 2020 7:18 AM

Dec 2015
Wow something unpredictable finally happened.. Now I'm curious to see how Nana gets out of this cause I don't see it happening by herself
Nov 29, 2020 7:23 AM

Apr 2020
And once again Nana escapes Kyoya AGAIN as she tries to gain the trust of her classmates, which she eventually did. Her planning on disposing the evidences while she killed Kaori was weird but impeccable (using the melting skin of the zombie to somehow press the cellphone's screen DAMN).

Now she can rest and lay down preparations for her next kill and- OH WTF MICHIRU U CAUGHT ON. I was shocked that Michiru has checkmated Nana. Even in the class, the psychological warfare is intense as Nana can't let herself to show a mistake. Thank goodness she also escaped that with a stick up note in Michiru's back.

They're now in the cliff and are settling their psychological fight. But Nana figured out that Michiru...was not the real MICHIRU. And for the first time with his surprising entrance, we have Jin Tachibana the Senpai.

He was actually a survivor of the older batch that decimated themselves in the past. He has shape shifting powers and can take on the powers of each individual...in short HE IS OP. After Nana poisoned Jin, I was shocked that Kyoya was there at HER FUCKING BACK. And then Michiru appeared again (which was drugged by Jin) and finally Seiya trapped her foot with ice.

I thought to myself, "DUDE I THINK THIS IS IT. NANA IS FINALLY GOING TO BE THROWN OUT". But NOPE, as it was actually Jin who survived the poison by acquiring Kyoya's immortality powers.

Damn Nana, how is she going to get through this. This Jin guy truly twisted me. This has to be one of the best episodes of the series. What a very crazy turn of events.
Nov 29, 2020 7:50 AM

Oct 2017
Funny...
Kyoya could have just ringed the phone to see if it's nearby, instead of searching Nana and embarasing himself in front of the others.
Jin could have transformed into Nana and find out about her lack of powers - instead he just kept asking her about it.
Obvious solutions, thrown away for the plot armor...
Nov 29, 2020 7:59 AM

Jun 2012
RainyShadow said:
Funny...
Kyoya could have just ringed the phone to see if it's nearby, instead of searching Nana and embarasing himself in front of the others.
Jin could have transformed into Nana and find out about her lack of powers - instead he just kept asking her about it.

Not everyone has a phone, it was explained in the previous episodes that while they are not that hard to obtain, no one really uses them because who else would you call? They live in a tiny island you'd be seeing the same people all day every day.

Jin probably has some kind of method he uses in order to transform into some one. If it was that easy he would have probably done it already. Regardless, he is probably aware that she is talentless due to him watching her constantly.
GlorditNov 29, 2020 8:03 AM
Nov 29, 2020 8:00 AM

Sep 2018
RainyShadow said:
Funny...

Never heard of silent mode on mobile phones?

Regarding Jin, maybe the power he copies doesn't automatically activate (he just knew her power wasn't mind reading, because otherwise he would have been able to do so).
Nov 29, 2020 8:03 AM

May 2014
I was wondering if they could fit the two and a half manga chapters into a single episode, and they could, without even cutting anything important. They need this pace to get where they want to end up.

RainyShadow said:
Funny...
And what if the phone's sounds and other alarms were off? He could have tried to call first though, fair, but he would have to carry out the body search eventually.

RainyShadow said:
There is an obvious problem with your idea, but I can't say it out loud because of spoilers.
Nov 29, 2020 8:04 AM

Feb 2019
So glad we’re finally at my goat Jin’s introduction. This whole final arc is peak fiction and I can’t wait to see it adapted.

“Michiru” pulling a box cutter on Nana was one of my fave moments in the entire series. A genuine wtf moment.

Another week, another 10/10 Nana ep
Nov 29, 2020 8:06 AM
Spingere 500 ඞ

Nov 2017
Chee_B said:
Damn i love Jin's voice.
Also those subs are complete garbage. What the hell? "Imposter"? Seriously? And not just that... The whole episode is filled with mistranslations.

Imposter is ok, just a little less common than impostor (which is the preferred spelling)
My candies:

Bonus:

Nov 29, 2020 8:13 AM

Jul 2017
I'm gonna keep it short and say that my takeaway from this episode boils down to
"I'm four parallel universes ahead of you."
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Nov 29, 2020 8:30 AM
Jul 2020
Hmmm that is interesting. I always wondered who the guy that was doing the glasses push thing in the opening was. Honestly, I thought he was going to be someone who came later and helped Nana out, but I was wrong haha. His talent is a dangerous one. Idk if Nana is going to be able to beat him. Honestly, I was hoping that if the talented won, it would be Kyouya who secured the victory. He was very close to catching her! I have no idea what is going to happen! I guess I will just have to see next episode haha.
Nov 29, 2020 8:30 AM
Nov 2020
RainyShadow said:
Funny...

Ehhhh....
She could have turned volume down on that phone or just turned it off, either way it doesn't matter, because she got rid of it long ago. Why Jin can't transform into her will be explained in next episode.
So far plot armor was used just twice (coffin scene in ep6 and shed scene in ep7)
rest was explained through dialogs and context. Pay more attention instead.

Initialy I was disapointed by Eps 4-7 because stuff felt sometimes too dumb, but IMO show got a lot better with last 2 Eps.

Nov 29, 2020 8:32 AM
Jan 2018
RainyShadow said:
Funny...

I may be wrong but doesn't kyouya doesn't have a phone in the first place + he was absolutely certain that nana would have the phone on her so he rushed in

And about jin who knows if he could've already known about nana's ability but wanted to see how she would react if she was left in charge or His abilities has some conditions which we dont know of yet

Edit : looks like everyone on this forum has already spammed these explanations :p
Descended_Nov 29, 2020 8:37 AM
Nov 29, 2020 8:45 AM
Nov 2020
Descended_ said:
RainyShadow said:
Funny...

I may be wrong but doesn't kyouya doesn't have a phone in the first place + he was absolutely certain that nana would have the phone on her so he rushed in.

And about jin who knows if he could've already known about nana's ability but wanted to see how she would react if she was left in charge or His abilities has some conditions which we dont know of yet

Edit : looks like everyone on this forum has already spammed these explanations :p

Yea poor guy, but thats what you get for a senseless hate.
One more thing about the phone. He could phone her via Kaori's phone, but as I stated above: She could have turned volume down on that phone or just turned it off, either way it doesn't matter, because she got rid of it long ago.

Nov 29, 2020 8:52 AM
Apr 2016
An interesting turn of events, will be fun seeing Nana circumvent someone so op! The ending was really nice though, a real nice way to translate his strength to us.

Smh y'all, just try to derive as much enjoyment as you can from this, it's the type of show you don't watch for the plot but for fun.
Nov 29, 2020 8:56 AM

Mar 2020
I identify as a skirt chasing pervert with a murder fetish
Nov 29, 2020 8:59 AM

Oct 2017
Ok, thanks everyone for the feedback.
About the phone - Kyoya didn't need to have his own, he was already holding the working unlocked phone of the dead girl. Even with sounds turned off, the vibration is often quite noisy. And if he didn't hear anything, he would have been more delicate in his accusation, or even postponed it until he collects more evidence.

About Jin - he may have tried it already, but it wasn't even hinted in the episode, so it just looks silly to the unspoiled anime-only. Anyways, waiting for that explanation in the next episode.

Strykeryno said:
Hate? No, i'm enjoying the show regardless. Where did you see hate?
Sorry, if the tiny bit of criticism hurt your feelings.
Strykeryno said:
One more thing about the phone. He could phone her via Kaori's phone, but as I stated above: She could have turned volume down on that phone or just turned it off, either way it doesn't matter, because she got rid of it long ago.

Yea, as i stated above. Except Kyoya didn't read the manga in advance, so he couldn't have known that she got rid of it long ago :P
RainyShadowNov 29, 2020 9:11 AM
Nov 29, 2020 9:05 AM

Aug 2013
Man, I was really sold about that Michiru twist till it was revealed it was the new guy Jin Tachibana.

Jin is just too OP. He should be made illegal.

Nov 29, 2020 9:05 AM

Nov 2013
Mixed feeling regarding this week episode. I'm pretty excited when I see fake 'Michiru' revealing her true colors as this kinda show that these characters are actually not as dumb as the show suggest from the previous episodes. But then it went back to usual pattern with Nana trying mind games with a lot of twist againts another enemy this time fake michiru, but twist and turn is nice and all but somehow I feel drained because I have seen the same thing for the last 8 episodes. I'm aware the show may stick using this formula for the rest of the story but I'm still not a big fan of it. So the revelation of Jin is just.. Whatever rather than something

We got some infodumps/exposition from Jin regarding history that happens in the past which again I'm not a fan of. It just people sitting down talking and the viewers had to read a lot of text and it takes quite some minute of the whole episodes. While it's important for plot progression I feel exhausted of it because it doesn't told in interesting way.

Finally what can I say is, this event of Nana met Jin is a double edge situation, it still unclear what this shady characters wants to do but at the same time his power is definitely a big asset if this cooperation do commited.

Overall this is okay episode.

I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Nov 29, 2020 9:15 AM

May 2014
Strykeryno said:
So far plot armor was used just twice (coffin scene in ep6 and shed scene in ep7)
rest was explained through dialogs and context. Pay more attention instead.

Initialy I was disapointed by Eps 4-7 because stuff felt sometimes too dumb, but IMO show got a lot better with last 2 Eps.
I wouldn't even call the shed scene plot armor. I'd rather say that the plan was unnecessarily complex for its purpose. The plan wasn't 100 % foolproof, and it was very suboptimal, but that isn't enough to qualify as plot armor.

The coffin scene being plot armor depends on how strictly we define plot armor. How much luck do you need? The pieces were there (talents can be broad or multi-purpose; people already believed in nonexistent alien curses).

That said, both were suboptimal writing because there would have been far more interesting ways to write those situations. It is easy to agree on that. They still make much more sense than e.g. some of the events and decisions in Death Note and Code Geass though.
Nov 29, 2020 9:15 AM

Oct 2020
Wow she got outplayed man and I mean really outplayed haha nice :D , i hope we get second season after this as manga is still on-going
処刑課師匠
Nov 29, 2020 9:26 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, now that's an OP senpai demonstrating quite clearly indeed who's boss. They're really going to team up now, aren't they? Kyoya, good luck dealing with this now xD.

Pretty tense episode in all honesty and the reveal in the end there was perfect. Big fan of the ED from week one but incorporating the reveal with the ED, fantastic!

Nana managing to play it off at the start was expected but kind of meh even then. Using that paper stuck to the back though, that's smart ngl.

Anyway, just 4 episodes to go now. Here's to hoping this'll get a 2nd season after that but for the time being, I'm definitely looking forward to more!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 29, 2020 9:33 AM
Nov 2020
RainyShadow said:
Ok, thanks everyone for the feedback.
About the phone - Kyoya didn't need to have his own, he was already holding the working unlocked phone of the dead girl. Even with sounds turned off, the vibration is often quite noisy. And if he didn't hear anything, he would have been more delicate in his accusation, or even postponed it until he collects more evidence.

About Jin - he may have tried it already, but it wasn't even hinted in the episode, so it just looks silly to the unspoiled anime-only. Anyways, waiting for that explanation in the next episode.

Strykeryno said:
Hate? No, i'm enjoying the show regardless. Where did you see hate?
Sorry, if the tiny bit of criticism hurt your feelings.
Strykeryno said:

Yea, as i stated above. Except Kyoya didn't read the manga in advance, so he couldn't have known that she got rid of it long ago :P

My apology then, I just getting tired of people using term plot armor whenever stuff gets explained or stuff that is not hard to put together without explanation.
Because plot armor is not really problem of this show.

Nov 29, 2020 9:36 AM

Jun 2016
god damn the cliffhanger so unbelievable !!

Jan 2016

I doubt this dude is going to go down as easily as the others, but if he does - that's lame. Nana, you done goofed up now.

Jun 2020
Listen I'm just praying this shit gets a season 2 because it's easy AOTS, I'd pick this over any other show this season, purely based on entertainment value
This anime shit is addictive
Nov 29, 2020 9:37 AM
Aug 2020
This guy is really OP. But probably has some kind of limits aswell.
I never thought a Talented Civil War happening, at some point they should figure out that enemies of humanity do not exist.
Nov 29, 2020 9:52 AM
Jul 2018
SHIT WENT DOWN THIS EPISODE!

I got so hyped when Kyouya appeared behind her only to realize that the new guy’s power was even more overpowered than just transforming. He really outsmarted Nana like that, mad respect.
Nov 29, 2020 10:07 AM
Apr 2020
In this serise this episode is my favourite so far now
Nov 29, 2020 10:17 AM

Jan 2017
Well, the shit hit the fan in this episode, Jin is OP AF!
Nov 29, 2020 10:17 AM
Jan 2018
Strykeryno said:

My apology then, I just getting tired of people using term plot armor whenever stuff gets explained or stuff that is not hard to put together without explanation.

This.
I have seen so many people blatantly screaming plot armour/"lol these kids dumb" Over this show without actually using their brains for once

Ffs we are shown everything from the killers perspective ofcourse we think its obvious but other characters can't when you actually think of their pov + We are hardly shown anything about thoughts and fears of charcters who aren't getting murdered
Descended_Nov 29, 2020 10:21 AM
Nov 29, 2020 10:33 AM

May 2014
xeonite said:
Smh y'all, just try to derive as much enjoyment as you can from this, it's the type of show you don't watch for the plot but for fun.
The plot contains many interesting shifts in alignment, but I would probably say that the strongest point is the dialogue, including the way it is presented and delivered. Both in drama and comedy, really.

Usually, anime comedy leaves me with a very “meh” experience (e.g. super-generic slapstick and fanservice), but here the characters really play off well against each other in conversations. The viscerally moral themes, the heavy use of deception and irony, and extreme juxtapositions work really well. There are more funny jokes here than in dozens of average comedy anime put together. That alone is worth tipping my fedora.
Nov 29, 2020 10:40 AM
Nov 2020
Descended_ said:
Strykeryno said:

This.
I have seen so many people blatantly screaming plot armour/"lol these kids dumb" Over this show without actually using their brains for once

Ffs we are shown everything from the killers perspective ofcourse we think its obvious but other characters can't when you actually think of their perspective

Exactly, when you think about it, It's not hard to explain lot of stuff happening in this show. Even though I admit some scenes could have been executed better.
Nov 29, 2020 10:46 AM

Oct 2016
So basically the setting is Battle Royale but with super powers, can't say I was really surprised by that one.
Nov 29, 2020 11:34 AM

Feb 2020
I'm glad other people are enjoying this, but man, sometimes I forget that this is a superpower thriller and not a mystery - which this series does quite poorly for me in the thriller and mystery-like sections.

Can't really feel too much from this episode and another character that is OP is put in play, which may mess up the balance between superpower and thriller (too many possibilities, to the point where it will all seem like some deus ex machina and not really thrilling at all).

Honestly I'm not phased anymore by the lack of IQ from most characters, but it's really the superpowers that just make it too unreal (well that's supernatural for you) and hard to enjoy, personally. What is interesting though is the history of the island and the end product of Jin and Nana's deal - both of which I can at least stick around for until the end.
Nov 29, 2020 11:35 AM

Oct 2020
I liked this episode a lot I feel like they just keep throwing in plot twists.
Nov 29, 2020 11:47 AM
Apr 2014
_cenjoo said:
SHIT WENT DOWN THIS EPISODE!

I got so hyped when Kyouya appeared behind her only to realize that the new guy’s power was even more overpowered than just transforming. He really outsmarted Nana like that, mad respect.

Yeah, It was refreshing to see her been outwitted for once. Kyouya tried his best, but he lacks a cunning mind, Jin, on the other hand, is as cunning as a magician.
Nov 29, 2020 11:59 AM

May 2018
Yep, as usual Nana does have an ace in her sleeve, too bad for Kyouya , he's back to square one on Nana...worse, Michiru is still on Nana's side.

So another Talented has showed up, and it looks like he's gonna be much harder for Nana to take down, unless she make him the so called "Enemy of Humanity".
Nov 29, 2020 12:10 PM
May 2016
Actually made me think Michiru was onto her for a bit. The pieces were all there, but the twist was just as interesting.

I'm curious what'll happen to Michiru after waking up. I like that Him pointed out Nana's desire to see if Michiru was alright. More hints that she has a heart after all, I live for that.
Nov 29, 2020 12:17 PM

Jun 2015
I'd imposed on myself a no comment rule on shows after yesterday but this episode was just far to excellent not to be here and say it was totally awesome!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 29, 2020 12:17 PM

Apr 2015
God damn another cliffhanger!

Damn Michiru (Or should I say Jin) pulling a box cutter on Nana was incredibly surprising! I honestly thought at the start that Michiru had a second personality. Caught me really off-guard.

This Jin senpai guy honestly has one absolutely OP ability. Not only can he transform into other people or animals, but he can copy the powers of the talented as well.. Stuff getting spicy once more!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» talentless nana S2?

VELVET_BLUES - Jun 24, 2021

17 by endless_Story_ »»
Jul 10, 8:13 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

132 by GOBERSERK »»
Jun 12, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

XXXXXXXXXIII - Sep 26, 2020

285 by EmiliaPinkman »»
May 27, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Dec 27, 2020

265 by xXx_BeatMeat_xXx »»
May 8, 3:18 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

133 by Narity_ »»
Feb 13, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.