3It was OK
1.9%
2Disliked it
0.6%
1Hated it
0.2%
Average 4.9
836 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 28, 2020 1:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A lot of badass scenes this episode! Even Asta got excited seeing that fight.

Glad to see Yami, Yuno, and Asta all fighting on the page at once. Nero also adds fuel to encourage Asta from the background scenes. All those battle cries!
Jan 28, 2020 3:48 AM

Feb 2019
BLACK CLOVER SZN, we here! After a very sad past two days and a disappointing Babylon ending I needed something to pick me up and this delivered. They had been saving the budget and time for this ep and it showed. The fight was absolutely amazing. When Haruka Mirai dropped like episode 100 I got goosebumps. Asta's development is second to none.

This is the quality that I wish Pierrot brought to BC consistently. If only BC had a Bones behind it to give it consistent top notch animation or went seasonal, would get so much more love. The story is the best of the ongoing shonen, it just needs better staff behind it.

Secre best girl, we stan.
Marinate1016Jan 28, 2020 3:59 AM
Jan 28, 2020 4:07 AM
Sep 2015
Very amazing! And thanks that the next episode is not the final episode of the season! I can't imagine a week without Black Clover now!

But one thing I don't like, maybe I'm interpreting too much on symbolism, the scene where Yami's sword cut through Roselei's flower could also mean 'deflower', I just want Yami to stay virgin for me! (Don't care about her at all).
Jan 28, 2020 4:27 AM

Oct 2017
Ayy this is why we need a legendary first op, just listening it in the final moments of a battle makes ur blood boil.

They finally did it, they beat the demon. Asta and Secre's moment was sweet. Yami's Equinox attack was amazing and Asta's final hit too.
Jan 28, 2020 4:36 AM

Nov 2016
Damn, this was just an amazing episode. Loved the heck out of the combo attack and the fact that Yami got a big part of the cake was the ultimate treat for me(+ the first opening). It's overdue, but my man is going to end up in my favs.

5/5

phantomfandom said:
But one thing I don't like, maybe I'm interpreting too much on symbolism, the scene where Yami's sword cut through Roselei's flower could also mean 'deflower', I just want Yami to stay virgin for me! (Don't care about her at all).

Lol, Yami true slayer.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 28, 2020 4:39 AM

Mar 2019
Okay I was ready to talk about how Black Clover been steadily moving forward, and how even though they followed the generic shounen route, it was still amazing. and Secre is the character I've been waiting for..
and i was about to mention how to each OP/ED they had was just phenomenon, especially Black Catcher & New Page ..
Yami though he only appeared at the end of the episode but as usual you can't hate the cool guy with katana.

Yami and Charlotte should get married..
Jan 28, 2020 4:40 AM
Jan 2017
I"M SPEECHLESS !!

Legendary episode from the start to the end

the art , movement , characters' speech and development the final attack the flash back the song in the final attack was just PERFECT

what an episode to end this amazing arc

yami's attack and him exceed his limit was epic

i'm really happy about this episode and absolutely deserve to best best fight of the season
Jan 28, 2020 4:50 AM

May 2018
I've been waiting for them to adapt it.
Best episode in the series by far.
Jan 28, 2020 4:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Fantastic episode, 5/5! I would still say Episode 100 was more of a visual feast than this but let's take nothing away from this episode.

Yami, the true MVP of the episode! And leave it to Studio Pierrot at their best to bash it out of the park. Op 1 to hype things up was perfectly placed too, I've seen the whole scene over numerous times and I just love it. Y'know you're in for a treat when they play that Op, lol. Man, the mad-lad didn't even need Captain Charlotte's power to get that over to the devil, holy fudge.

Nero chipping in with some last minute support and, in the process, sharing a bit of the memory to set things up for Asta to capitalize on was incredible! If there's anyone who knows how much he's really worked hard, it's got to be her. Again, Nero best girl yo!

Confirmation for Yuno being the child of Licht too, I wonder if we'll get that next episode. I could see jealous Noelle from the next episode preview, and that too from Nero I'm guessing, so I can't wait to see how that plays out too!

To be honest, I thought the devil would still come back somehow. But I'm glad this huge arc is finally coming to an end by the looks of it. Surprised though I've to say, I was expecting the First Wizard King and Licht to pass away in saving Yuno and Asta and then Asta giving away to his demon to turn the tides or something of the sort but I'm completely fine with this nonetheless.

eXtripa69 said:
Haven't watched it yet, but was hoping for some awesome end of battle scene with some above average animation, like they did on episode 50 and 100.

Please tell me that the first opening starts playing during that scene!

It's certainly above average for the majority of the episode and for a while on par with that of Episode 100.

Yes, that very scene. Yami's moment of rise, that's right. Goes all the way up to the climax of the battle so the timing couldn't have been too bad for anyone, I reckon.
_MushiRock11_Jan 28, 2020 5:05 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 28, 2020 5:02 AM

Dec 2016
Haven't watched it yet, but was hoping for some awesome end of battle scene with some above average animation, like they did on episode 50 and 100.

Jan 28, 2020 5:16 AM

Dec 2016
_MushiRock11_ said:

eXtripa69 said:

Yes, that very scene. Yami's moment of rise, that's right. Goes all the way up to the climax of the battle so the timing couldn't have been too bad for anyone, I reckon.

Nice! That's awesome then!
How about the fade in to black and white on a last hit, combined with the opening playing on the background? Does that happen again in the episode?
Jan 28, 2020 5:21 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
eXtripa69 said:
Nice! That's awesome then!
How about the fade in to black and white on a last hit, combined with the opening playing on the background? Does that happen again in the episode?

Yup, there's that too. Maybe just a little overdone as well, if I'm to be brutally honest.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 28, 2020 5:34 AM
Jan 2018
I must say This deserve episode 5/5..
For a min it feel little rushing but the
End of moment it change all thought,
Their detailing , animation,ost make this
Episode legendary to the black clover.
Their gives me goosebumps and make my blood so fast that even don't know

Legendary episode of all the time😊😊☺️
Akash3010Jan 28, 2020 7:14 AM
Jan 28, 2020 5:37 AM

Dec 2018
Seems Haruka Mirai is still Pierrot's favorite opening.

Seems the demon that possess Asta is stronger than the Demon they're currently fighting.

Well I would say now that Asta and Yuno are strong enough for a Magic King.

As for Yami there's a chance a demon is watching over him.
Kish0Jan 28, 2020 5:41 AM
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jan 28, 2020 5:48 AM

Nov 2016
Kish0 said:
Seems the demon that possess Asta is stronger than the Demon they're currently fighting.

Makes me wonder if there isn't some king of demons or one "true devil".

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 28, 2020 6:31 AM

Jul 2013
The new intro with the events of how Lemiel killed the Demon as how they really happened was welcomed. I again wonder if the are going to stop showing it or are we going to stick with this version for the rest of the anime.

Episode started normal and I was scared it wasn't going to be as good as the previous one, but when the second half started you could tell the huge quality jump. Thank God.
Through everyone in the battle was excellent, the star of the episode has to be my man Yami, surpassing his limits as always. As soon as Haruka Mirai started playing (I'm thinking you cannot end a hype fight in this anime wihout playing it) I knew things were going to get lit, and boy they were. That they added the flashback with Julius before that only made it even better ;_;

"The Final Blow" is the title of the episode, and what a glorious final blow it was (brilliantly accompanied by Secre's narration, as all the moments she had with Asta were shown before he gives the slash to the heart of the Devil). We just started 2020 and I already have one of my favorite fights of the year.
I have said this many times, but I'm so happy to have followed this series since the beginning. It may not have the best first impression, but the pay-off easily compensated that.

They dropped hints previously, but I think now it is confirmed who is the elf possessing Yuno.
IllyricusJan 28, 2020 6:37 AM
Jan 28, 2020 6:40 AM

Apr 2018
Fantastic episode and fantastic arc overall
Jan 28, 2020 6:55 AM

Dec 2018
FMmatron said:
Kish0 said:

Makes me wonder if there isn't some king of demons or one "true devil".

Yeah lol, and demon's aside I guess there's still more race to come.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jan 28, 2020 7:11 AM
Sep 2013
Holy crap that was some fight! Just watching Asta finish that demon gave me chills! I was so bloody pumped from that episode, I expect some fillers now, but wow! just wow, I love this series, so fortunate that its a lot of episodes.
Jan 28, 2020 7:13 AM
Sep 2013
phantomfandom said:
Very amazing! And thanks that the next episode is not the final episode of the season! I can't imagine a week without Black Clover now!

Has there actually been a statement about yami being a virgin?
Jan 28, 2020 7:37 AM
Sep 2019
I instantly knew shit was about to happen when Yami dropped his cigarette and when Haruka Mirai came on. It was amazing seeing Asta deliver the final blow to the devil aswell :)
Hyliaforce_Jan 28, 2020 7:40 AM
Jan 28, 2020 7:39 AM
Jul 2018
"Main character bull****"

-Anime Paradise
Jan 28, 2020 8:10 AM

May 2019
oh my god
this anime is masterpiece and underrated as fuck

and dat ANIMATION was pure fire

another 5/5
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Jan 28, 2020 8:43 AM
Jan 2016
DAMN, masterfull episode without doubt, i am completely crazy right now!

It was truly a epic episode with epic fight, i almost have no word to describe how i feel right now!

Asta and Yuno figth against the demon was really awesome, Yuno managed to evolve and get a wind sword, it was beautifull, also Yuno teasing Asta to encourage him was so damn good!

The epic moment in the last blow when first OP starts at background and Yami send his empowered blow to hit the demon was so epic, i was so much crazy, hyped and excited singing the opening, the openign turned it even better that it already was, and when Nero encouraged Asta to do the finish blow it was just so good, i loved everything of it!

I am so fuckin crazy right now! What an epic episode!

Looking foward next episode!
Jan 28, 2020 8:56 AM

Oct 2019
i must say for me this anime is mediocre and its animation is mediocre to bad but damn this episode fulfills everything u need after a major boss fight like god damn. It left me crying from joy and it rlly deserves a 10 (for ep 119 ofc) just wow
Jan 28, 2020 9:01 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Black Clover be like: 20 episodes meh then 2 episodes godly. Sad that now we have to grind again for the good part.

5/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jan 28, 2020 9:02 AM

Dec 2019
Ended the arc with a bang. Animation is still horrible, though.
V1711Mar 27, 2020 11:22 PM
Jan 28, 2020 9:17 AM

Jan 2018
The episode was amazing!! it doesn't have that very wonderful animation like in episode 100 but definitley surpassed it in terms of the emotion the episode brought. The difference between this episode and ep.100 is that in ep.100, when you heard the OP plays you get hyped up but here it's different, when those Asta flashback (Our boy really have gone so far T_T) played with the OP it hits on my kokoro. :')
Jan 28, 2020 10:05 AM
Dec 2019
This episode was the ultimate climax. Asta's power is used at it's limit and even surpasses itself. Next week's episode will be a coast to calm waters.
Jan 28, 2020 10:08 AM

Jan 2008
So much action this episode. Though was hoping the visuals would be a bit better. Asta and Yuna fending off the tentacles was probably the best part visually, and Yami's slash was pretty cool but looked really lackluster when going through walls of debris.
Jan 28, 2020 10:38 AM

Jun 2016
all out attack !!!

you know when yami drop his cigar... BOSS music start...
Jan 28, 2020 11:06 AM

Apr 2016
Yami is best.
Love this episode , its so good.
I Love BC <3
BRAWLERS
Jan 28, 2020 12:07 PM
Jul 2019
So, can we now say that demon is dead as in dead for good.
Jan 28, 2020 12:10 PM
Sep 2017
Damn that was insanely good! Yami, Asta and Yuno all surpassing their limits, for sure! So hype!
I wonder if Licht & Lumiere will be able to stick around. It will be interesting to see Yuno’s reaction to meeting his dad, and vice-versa. Asta’s comical reaction in the preview is likely to be from finding out that Secre is Nero, which should be fun. :)
Jan 28, 2020 12:35 PM

Nov 2017
The last four episodes are magnificent!

It's this Black Clover that I love! Especially at the animation level!
Jan 28, 2020 12:52 PM

Apr 2015
What a bad ass episode! Yuno and Asta teaming up again and also help from Yami from way further down, due to his excellence in Ki.. Can't ignore Licht and Lumiere either, without their support it may not have been possible! What a ride this has been to be honest!

The battle is over, the Demon is gone! I was honestly expecting better Animation for the final attack, but overall I can't really complain with this episode!

Now I can't wait to get to see some of the reveals/truth delivered to some of the main cast XD
Jan 28, 2020 12:56 PM

Sep 2017
Ok so I'm just gonna say devilman was basically standing still when Asta got the first stab, but still when the OP starts playing I can't help but get hyped up.
Jan 28, 2020 1:56 PM

Mar 2008
Yami, Asta & Yuno were fucking awesome. This fight had me on edge and loved every second of it.
Jan 28, 2020 2:18 PM
Mar 2013
i sort of remember it beeing different in the manga? am i wrong?
Jan 28, 2020 4:34 PM

Nov 2015
While I know the episode was legendary and all , but I'll be really disappointed if Lumiere and Licht die again , like cmon .. and from what it seems , Lumiere is guarnateed to die again , not sure about Licht tho , fuck it
Jan 28, 2020 4:47 PM

Aug 2018
Ahri-is-cute said:
While I know the episode was legendary and all , but I'll be really disappointed if Lumiere and Licht die again , like cmon .. and from what it seems , Lumiere is guarnateed to die again , not sure about Licht tho , fuck it

Probably every elf that isnt the Sunrise trio is going to die.
And those 4 survivors will probably die too since they are using forbidden magic to stay alive (Fana said she uses forbidden magic to revive her body parts when they are chopped).
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Jan 28, 2020 4:50 PM
Apr 2017
This episode was so good jeezus christ
Jan 28, 2020 4:52 PM

Jul 2015
On this day manly tears were shed
Jan 28, 2020 5:16 PM

Dec 2016
These episodes remind me how sad it is that Pierrot isn't helping that much with Black Clover, while the team itself is giving it's best to adapt it, and actually do care about the anime.

Still, amazing episode nonetheless. This episode will be reminded
Jan 28, 2020 5:44 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
It's ridiculous how much this show has improved since it started. It's started at like a 6 (maybe even as low as a 4) yet has become almost a 9. It's criminal that more people didn't ride this show out and give it the score it deserves on MAL.
Jan 28, 2020 5:47 PM

Jun 2012
Gotta hand it to black clover to deliver some badass scenes. Although the animation isn't to the same level as it have used to but still, this is the climax and that hyped up moment with Asta surpassing another wall was really nice to see.
Jan 28, 2020 7:41 PM

Sep 2013
That secre x asta moment was pulled off perfectly, absolutely amazing.
Yami too.
Jan 28, 2020 7:48 PM
Mar 2015
Great fight Asta is finally able to get in a shot
Jan 28, 2020 7:54 PM
Mar 2014
What a freak awesome episode !!!!!!!!

that was one heck of an episode, not superb by any means, but it was really something, way up there among those other episodes with great Yuno+Asta combo attacks.

The other best part was Yami Ultimate attack, that was awesome aswell.

The only reason why this episode lost a little shine on Yuno+Asta combo is that there were too many main and side characters that was taking up screen time.

but the combination of Yuno+Asta+Yami was pretty awesome.

Man this episode is great in so many levels, just wish they would have taken more time to focus it properly like in previous episodes where Yuno + Asta were the main.

But for all 3 to evolve and surpass their limits again that was pretty amazing.

I liked how towards the end in there they finally showed that dark demon inside Asta.

I ponder if in future episodes story line Asta might slowly become losing himself as the Demon takes over then it'll become a Yuno vs Asta arc, and that also means Magic vs Anti-magic.

That would be an interesting season to watch if the anime ever develops into that direction.
Jan 28, 2020 8:13 PM
Jun 2019
I dont know why i love this terrible and amazing anime...but I do.

Great action in this episode. The happy ending we all love. Yami is best man. Everyone surpasses their limit. Yuno is a true king of elves. Asta smashes the demon king with his anti magic.

Now i just need Licht to tell Yuno and Asta that they are both part elf and brothers, and the other Wizard King needs to be resurrected (or healed if he isn't completely dead).

Happily ever after.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 43 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

24 by Jekkii1 »»
Jun 8, 3:00 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 107 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2019

58 by -PhiL- »»
Jun 3, 11:55 AM

» Blue Rose character

DarkEmperor69 - May 30

13 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Jun 3, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Black Clover (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2017

245 by BredDoge »»
Jun 2, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

345 by Retrospects »»
May 28, 7:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.