3It was OK
3.4%
2Disliked it
2.0%
1Hated it
2.5%
Average 4.7
2,101 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2019 5:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, I can't stand that Spear hero guy and it's a good thing Raphtalia is starting to find him to be a pain to deal with too. That and Melty Malty in his team.

Oh boy, this episode's drama picked up fast. It's about time Naofumi got into a fight against Motoyasu. I bet he wanted to release all that anger on him for awhile since the first episode.
Stark700Jan 30, 2019 6:45 AM
Jan 30, 2019 6:38 AM
Nov 2018
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, I can't stand that Spear hero guy and it's a good thing Raphtalia is starting to find him to be a pain to deal with too. That and Melty in his team.

Oh boy, this episode's drama picked up fast. It's about time Naofumi got into a fight against Motoyasu. I bet he wanted to release all that anger on him for awhile since the first episode.

It's Malty not Melty. Melty is her younger sister.
Jan 30, 2019 6:56 AM
Jun 2016
This ep make you guys angry like the HELLLLL
Jan 30, 2019 7:21 AM

Sep 2018
The emotions... When Naofumi hit rock bottom and everyone else was metaphorically kicking him while he was down, it made my blood boil.
Jan 30, 2019 7:56 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

The fight was cool.

Though I recall that in the WN, he was actually consumed in flames in the real world too by the curse series or maybe it was always in his head.
Love how they showed how Naofumi still thinks of Raphtalia as a kid in his mind and then he was finally able to see her.

Anyway, this is the scene that made me love Raphtalia so much. <3
She's very loyal to Naofumi and if I recall correctly she even told Naofumi that she'd become his slave again if that's what it means to gain his trust back.

The day will come when those who deserve it will get what's coming to them.
Jan 30, 2019 7:57 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Seeing Naofumi wreck the Spear cunt was so satisfying, but of course, that fucking bitch and her fuckboy of a father had to go and piss me the fuck off again

I honestly want the entire country to fucking burn and I want that inhumane disgusting bitch of a princess to have every worse thing in the book done to her before meeting a horrible death and I don't give a fuck

But I'm glad that at least the sword and bow heroes called them out on their bullshit, there might be hope for their self-righteous asses yet....Also, I'm glad that they managed to wreck the whiners from episode 1 in regards to this show supposedly "gloryfying slavery"

But thank god for Raphtalia, she is truly best girl TwT
Jan 30, 2019 8:10 AM

Apr 2016
The over victimization of our MC is getting pretty overused pretty fast, this is 4th episode and im already sick of it. Like yeah, we got it ... everyone hates him, can we please move on onto something more interesting, please.
Jan 30, 2019 8:12 AM
Sep 2018
This episode makes me more pissed off at the Motoyasu for being so goddamn naive and stuck in his ways, even after when the other heros told him off in the end. That fight was very satisfying to watch seeing Naofumi hold his own and using his wits to counter and pretty much beat Motoyasu still using balloon monsters to his advantage. The main appeal though was when Raphtalia comforted Naofumi even in his darkest moments and break through to him. Take that to the people thinking this show was promoting slavery cuz now Raph isn't even a slave anymore

Swagernator said:
The over victimization of our MC is getting pretty overused pretty fast, this is 4th episode and im already sick of it. Like yeah, we got it ... everyone hates him, can we please move on onto something more interesting, please.

I believe we're getting toward the tail end of that from what I read about; either way I think the most severe part of that is over.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenJan 31, 2019 8:08 PM
Jan 30, 2019 8:16 AM

May 2016
This episode has fully pulled me in on this series, Raphtalia is a truly great character and those scenes with her and Naofumi were very powerful 5/5
Jan 30, 2019 8:17 AM

Jan 2018
Naofumi can taste food now and Raphtalia is not a kid any more when he sees her

I am glad on what happened to spear hero and that princess fuck you

Bow and Sword heroes you are fine
Jan 30, 2019 8:18 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy fuck, that was powerful. I caught myself hitting my thigh a few times with my clenched fist out of anger, FUCK ALL OF THEM, FUCK!

That distorted scream with the distorted visual from Naofumi was absolutely crazy.

At least, bow and sword actually took notice of Myne and spoke out.
Jan 30, 2019 8:19 AM

Jul 2012
I fuckin hate this kingdom. With passion.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2019 8:21 AM

Sep 2009
I was nearly in tears at the Raphy and Shield-Bro scenes.

Fuck Spear-D**K and Princess Bitch. I haven't read the novels or the manga but can't wait for when they get their dues

At least Bow-Bro and Kirito...... I mean Sword-bro are okay.
Jan 30, 2019 8:21 AM
Dec 2017
man the feels... its so beautiful
Jan 30, 2019 8:24 AM

Jul 2014
I wonder if they plan on Raph not having the slave curse anymore, but I think she will since either way they're going back to the slave dealer, manga part was more touching and genuine than anything.

And in a way I felt a lot more impact on Nao's thoughts in the manga than the anime as well.

Overall it was a good episode, was still able to piss me off even after knowing what's about to happen, the fight was also well animated hands down.
Jan 30, 2019 8:25 AM

Sep 2018
So Spear Hero is just a little bitch controled by Princess Bitch............
well that's just my opinion.....
Jan 30, 2019 8:26 AM

Sep 2018
I thought i'll destroy my screen in the middle of the episode.
Nice episode
Jan 30, 2019 8:27 AM

Sep 2018
This episode was by far the best so far if we get the explanation for this curse thing the shield made after the duel...

Finally the other Heros think like Humans and good development for Naofumi (even if i think his monolog couldve been executed way better),still i really dont know or at least cant stand the explanation why the shield hero has to be a scapegoat for everyone because as we saw here the King and her Princess planed everything...

The best thing that could happen is that the spear dude gets abused in a similar way as Naofumi by the red hair bitch and after that getting his development...
Still cant stand the Heros because there have 0 personality and are at the moment just plot devices

The show gets better and maybe will be in my Top 5 this season i have to see how some of the others develop
-Mullerio-Jan 30, 2019 8:31 AM
Jan 30, 2019 8:27 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I don't know what to feel about this. On one hand I was getting extremely irritated at the extent the story was going to frame Naofumi and make it seem like the whole world is against him. I mean we get that already, you don't need to exaggerate it every five minutes, it only makes it annoying to watch after a certain point

On the other hand, I'm glad the other two heroes actually intervened and finally took some kind of stance in defence of him. It was getting far too forced to believe that truly no one other than Raphtalia would feign ignorance of the truth so hopefully this'll change things up moving onwards. The final scene was quite nice with Naofumi and Raphtalia having some heart-to-heart moment too
Jan 30, 2019 8:31 AM

Apr 2015
I honestly hate every person that we are presented with in this episode other than our main two duo, I really like the heart warming scene.

Really liked this episode.

I think the director is relatively new (at directing) but I think he did a good job directing the episode regardless of the quality of the source material.
MxxxstationJan 30, 2019 8:38 AM
Jan 30, 2019 8:31 AM
May 2018
Hilarious how spear boi has 20 levels over Shieldbro yet he can't win without cheating. Goes to show how smart Shieldbro really is, huh.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenJan 31, 2019 8:07 PM
Jan 30, 2019 8:34 AM

Jul 2016
BEST EPISODE SO FAR! HOLY SHIT! I'm fkn mad at these bastards goddamnit! fkn hell!
Raphtalia Best Girl, the last scene kinda reminds me of Rem
Jan 30, 2019 8:37 AM
a car

Jun 2017
Well the worst arc of the series is out of the way, but we're still not out of the woods yet.

DeadlyRavenJan 31, 2019 8:05 PM
Jan 30, 2019 8:38 AM

Oct 2018
Definitely my favorite episode so far , but it wasn't as triggering as every said it would be

Now I'm 100% sure, Raphtalia is best girl <3

I'm glad the other two heroes are good guys(at least currently), but tbh the spear hero is not a bad guy either actually

So far I hated him like everyone else,, but now I realized he's been brainwashed by that b*tch all the time, ever since they have arrived in this world, but he hasn't realized it yet

Also, Naofumi has started looking like at the end of the opening, when his eyes become red, too bad we didn't get to see him using some "rage skills"
-Aincrad-Jan 30, 2019 8:52 AM
Jan 30, 2019 8:40 AM
Sep 2018
Easily the best isekai there is (if they wont fuck this up ofc)
Jan 30, 2019 8:42 AM
Nov 2015
This might be my favourite episode yet. Seeing Naofumi hit rock bottom and then Raphtalia helping him almost made me cry. This anime is so heart-warming at times and the fight was pretty good as well. I can't wait to see how this series develops.
Amber Brett
Jan 30, 2019 8:44 AM

Jan 2018
I remember how I hated all of those garbage characters so much that I wanted them to have death so painful.
Jan 30, 2019 8:44 AM
Mar 2016
I loved the episode. I read ahead in the manga to see what would happen since the PV made me anxious. I felt the Manga was more powerful but it was still an amazing episode.

I can't believe the King of a country where slavery is legal has the audacity to condemn someone for having a slave. If he was actually against Slavery than he should do something about it. No he just wants to hate on the Shield Hero. I hope he somehow gets whats coming to him.

I don't hate the Spear Hero like others do. I make an effort to be understanding of the Mentally disabled. I have never disliked the other 2 heroes. I don't know if they are starting to have doubts about the rape allegation, but they had no evidence that he didn't do it, so I understand why they didn't believe him. I hope they start to understand.

And I have to say this. Raphtalia is officially best girl of any anime. At least any I have seen, which is admittedly not that much.

Edit: I accidentally wrote Shield in stead of Spear. I am an idiot
KilaldagrenJan 30, 2019 8:53 AM
Jan 30, 2019 8:46 AM

Nov 2016
Great episode, but man, I hope they stop to overplay the victimizing soon.

At least there was a glimpse of hope that things will change so that we can focus on more interesting aspects than extreme emotional manipulation.

Credits scene was really cute :3

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 30, 2019 8:48 AM

Nov 2017
Cliches, after cliches etc. Sounds like a broken record. Am i suppose to feel something after watching this? Jesus Christ!!!! Is there a show that don't run only on overly used, repeated a thousand times scenes which are supposed to make me feel better or to think like, oh the world is such a hideous place but through the power or friendship and blah blah blah we can overcome this. Bullshit. Its all bullshit!!! High expectations blown out!!! And i thought this show was different. Yet again i assure myself to not have big expectations. Nothing personal though. Just some thoughts.
Jan 30, 2019 8:49 AM

Mar 2018
This is just getting hilarious now, everytime that Speartard talks I just have to laugh. I wish this show didnt have any drama at all tbh it's too stupid

Reminds me of The Gladiator but everyone is retarded
poop
Jan 30, 2019 8:54 AM

Oct 2015
reading the manga made me feel angry, watching the anime made me feel cringe.
Jan 30, 2019 8:57 AM

Aug 2018
iliyanski89 said:
Cliches, after cliches etc. Sounds like a broken record. Am i suppose to feel something after watching this? Jesus Christ!!!! Is there a show that don't run only on overly used, repeated a thousand times scenes which are supposed to make me feel better or to think like, oh the world is such a hideous place but through the power or friendship and blah blah blah we can overcome this. Bullshit. Its all bullshit!!! High expectations blown out!!! And i thought this show was different. Yet again i assure myself to not have big expectations. Nothing personal though. Just some thoughts.

there are literally 4 episodes of story building focused on his experiences with the world and mostly corrupted/selfish people and you still say "oh the world is a hideous place power of friendship and blah blah blah"?
in only 4 episodes this anime did a better job than fairy tail did in 200 episodes.
that s how you build a fucking story.
Jan 30, 2019 9:01 AM
Jul 2018
Can someone tell me if the part where Raphtalia broke her slave pact was real or if it was just all in Naofumi mind?
Jan 30, 2019 9:03 AM
May 2015
iliyanski89 said:

Naofumi is depressed after being humiliated and excommunicated, having his reputation utterly destroyed and what not. Why the hell wouldn't the power of friendship not work here?
Jan 30, 2019 9:03 AM

Jul 2014
Veldora_Tempest said:
Can someone tell me if the part where Raphtalia broke her slave pact was real or if it was just all in Naofumi mind?

DeadlyRavenJan 31, 2019 8:04 PM
Jan 30, 2019 9:05 AM

Jun 2014
Super loved this episode.

Some people say that the humiliation and the hate on the shield hero was overused, but I think it was absolutely necessary for Raphtalia to see it and feel it in person. That way, she can be more compassionate to shield hero.

My only one tiny qualm is that balloon monster. It should not deal any damage to a level 41..... at least make it a red balloon monster that is at a much higher level.

Nov 2017
BestJo said:
iliyanski89 said:

there are literally 4 episodes of story building focused on his experiences with the world and mostly corrupted/selfish people and you still say "oh the world is a hideous place power of friendship and blah blah blah"?
in only 4 episodes this anime did a better job than fairy tail did in 200 episodes.
that s how you build a fucking story.

Why the fuck did you ever mention Fairy tail dude? That show is a trash on a whole different level. Still though im just expressing my opinion. And i just need 1 or 2 episode to tell if the show is to my liking or not. Im not bashing or anything. My point was on the bit of overly used dramatic scenes. Oh and so this is how you build a story? Ok, im gonna keep it in mind! Thanks for the heads up

Mar 2014
It's been quite a long time since I've cried such pure tears of joy ;~;
Jan 30, 2019 9:07 AM

Dec 2015
Most likely one of the best episodes I've watched this season. The direction was on point
Jan 30, 2019 9:07 AM

Nov 2017
Chailles said:
iliyanski89 said:

Naofumi is depressed after being humiliated and excommunicated, having his reputation utterly destroyed and what not. Why the hell wouldn't the power of friendship not work here?

Don't know man? Maybe because he is a pussy. Hopefully he will man up in the upcoming episodes.
Jan 30, 2019 9:08 AM

Mar 2017
First half of the episode, I was literally shaking with rage.
Second half of the episode, I was shaking with emotions.
They adapted it even better than the manga/LN. And that music at the end was great.
Jan 30, 2019 9:10 AM

Jan 2019
Another fine episode, spear hero really is the dumb type.
Honestly this episode didn't get me mad. I agree with some of the people saying that the whole victim thing is maybe a bit over used. However no matter how dumb or evil the people of the kingdom may be seen, it is not really impossible for someone in real life to experience all the humiliations and suffering that Naofumi is going through. If you think about, in real life may end up being even worse, specially if the whole system is rigged in some way against the person being accused of a crime. After all in real life you don't have magical shields and people is way better at slandering others.
Jan 30, 2019 9:12 AM

Mar 2016
I really liked how the roles switched with Raphtalia having to comfort a crying Naofumi....dude had hit practically rock bottom psychologically and emotionally.

Jul 2014
What kinda irks me about the ending of the fight was how they had Nao fly like that, they made Motoyasu more of an idiot than he is in the manga since the manga's wind magic didnt had Nao leap like that after getting hit, he just fell, but here in the anime they had him leap like a damn paper ball and Motoyasu didnt even realize that? like.. how do you not even notice that?

Jan 2008
-Stray said:
I wonder if they plan on Raph not having the slave curse anymore, but I think she will since either way they're going back to the slave dealer, manga part was more touching and genuine than anything.

And in a way I felt a lot more impact on Nao's thoughts in the manga than the anime as well.

Overall it was a good episode, was still able to piss me off even after knowing what's about to happen, the fight was also well animated hands down.

I agree. Having read the manga I found it much more impactful than the anime. I would have also preferred an instrumental ending instead of the lyrical one we got. It pulled me out of the moment.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jan 30, 2019 9:13 AM

Mar 2017
That was really emotional! I feel so sorry for the Spear Hero now too... that red haired bitch is pure scum. I can't believe she manipulated them both! Raphtalia is best girl forever and always and i'm so glad that the other heroes are starting to realise that Naofumi might not be the bad guy they thought he was

Feb 2011
So Raphtalia is bent on creating a whole new level of best girl.
Dec 2009
I cant really enjoy this episode, that cursed kingdom need a meteor of justice above their city. not just the king and his family even all royal is rotten. at least, the bow, sword keep their righteousness. something off is why are they being so evil for no reason? threatening people who use slave while legalized slavery (even put a tax on it maybe), victimized a hero who help them? what are they gain? they need 4 hero to face the up coming wave and now they want him dead?
Jan 30, 2019 9:14 AM

Sep 2014
They did well this fight and also liked how Raphtalia was still a loli in Naofumi's eyes since the whole time just like with his lack of taste, he never paid attention to her physical growth. Vol. 2 starts next week.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2019

404 by Bimbrownik »»
Aug 11, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

549 by Deenystar »»
Aug 9, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2019

293 by vizthex »»
Jul 22, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

272 by vizthex »»
Jul 22, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2019

455 by PurpleMagic »»
Jul 15, 5:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.