Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2019 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now we got a proper introduction of the slave girl, Raphtalia. She seemed rather nervous this episode while traveling with Naofumi. Got to see a little bit of her past too.

So yeah, pretty much an episode that focused on the new character. Some of her behavior reminds me of a cat with her curiousity. It didnt' take them long to get into some trouble so I'm hoping to see Raphtalia grow more stronger. The ED theme song is ok (I like the opening song better though)

Jan 16, 2019 6:23 AM
Jan 2019
I get why this show is popular but i feel like there should be more to this for me personally
Jan 16, 2019 7:23 AM

Feb 2018
Main heroine has come :)
Jan 16, 2019 8:05 AM

Jul 2014
Great 2nd episode, they covered a lot of stuffs, tho I kinda wished we saw this part.

I guess you guys can check the img above since the anime probably wont have it.
Jan 16, 2019 8:08 AM
Dec 2018
Loli Rathtalia cute AF!

Ravioli ravioli dont lewd the tanuki loli!!!

Also cant help but notice there already 2 people that vote that they hated it. They ether dint saw it or waisted they time to look for the only 1 RAW ep on the internet. Just to show some people are here really just to troll
AnitekuJan 16, 2019 8:30 AM
Jan 16, 2019 8:09 AM
Jan 2017
why are they rushing so much .. they are skipping so much from the mange

i hope they don't do that in future episodes because the mange is GREAT
Jan 16, 2019 8:09 AM

Jul 2017
A really nice episode with some solid world building and solid character focus on our new heroine and Naofumi too.
Jan 16, 2019 8:12 AM
Sep 2017
My Favorite Anime in 2019 šŸ˜
Jan 16, 2019 8:13 AM

Apr 2016
One tanuki a day, keeps depression from false rape accusations away.
Jan 16, 2019 8:14 AM

Jan 2018
This was great it gave introduction to Raphtalia and her relationship towards Naofumi

I'm loving this anime
Jan 16, 2019 8:14 AM
Feb 2018
the production of the anime is going very well, by the bluray announce we can see that the novel's 2nd vol is already animated
Jan 16, 2019 8:16 AM

Mar 2012
Otaku4ever10 said:
why are they rushing so much .. they are skipping so much from the mange

i hope they don't do that in future episodes because the mange is GREAT

Well for one this is based on the LN not the Manga and the manga kind of added or changed a bit of the scenes to how they were described in the book.

Well for the most part they adapted everything that i expected. We have the introduction to Rapthalia, The formation of the Slave Contract, A little more info on the party system and shield upgrades, some levelling a bit of background on her past and a bit of action in the end.

I have to give props to the animation it remained sharp troughout and the more heavy action and gore was kept without censorship so that's good.

The slave contract and how Naofumi uses it to give her commands and if she does not obey and gets pained will surly spins some people around to complain and by that regard they would have a point as having a kid slave and force her to fight would seem appalling but if u consider the period and how things work in both the fantasy and our own past this type of stuff was an assurance back than.

However for those who might be a little turned off by it, This is not regularly used it is just to establish a bit of the normal system and will not be used much later.

So far i give it a 9/10. I hope it keeps it up as it has for the first 2 episodes.
Jan 16, 2019 8:16 AM

May 2018
Ravioli Ravioli Do Not Lewd The Raccoon Loli
Only_BradJan 16, 2019 12:06 PM
Jan 16, 2019 8:18 AM
Jan 2018
Only_Brad said:
Ravioli Ravioli Do Not Lewd The Racoon Loli

She's a dog person not a racoon

Edit nevermind
Mattinator95Jan 16, 2019 9:24 AM
Jan 16, 2019 8:18 AM

Jan 2017
I feel like even though nothing huge is going down during the episode story wise, the pace is really fast. It's like they are trying to get past the character introduction and relationship development, which I'm gonna guess light novel spent some time on, as fast as possible. And tbh not sure if it's the greatest decision, cause even the most basic stuff can be made more interesting when the pace is just right. Hopefully they will slow don't once they get past these introduction chapters.
Jan 16, 2019 8:27 AM
May 2017
Yo i've talked mad shit in the forums until now because i read the manga and wasn't impressed by how it's gone so far. But i have to say, this anime's a whole different beast. Really powerful 2nd episode.
Depending on how close the anime sticks to the manga i'm sure my rating will drop in the future but for now: im feeling a strong 7 on this one.
Jan 16, 2019 8:29 AM

Nov 2016
Episode two and I'm still enjoying this, wow.

I like the relationship between Naofumi and Raphtalia, the development was pretty nice as well and she's so cute <3

And the theme songs are awesome.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 16, 2019 8:30 AM
Oct 2018
was eager to see the interaction between them. It was a good episode. Iwatani, Naofumi X Raphtalia
Jan 16, 2019 8:30 AM

Sep 2018
Another great episode,got introduced to Raphtalia short and simple backstory but still a good one looking forward to next week episode :D
well that's just my opinion.....
Jan 16, 2019 8:31 AM
Mar 2018
Mattinator95 said:
Only_Brad said:

Raphtalia is not a dog...She’s a tanuki, a type of racoon.

Dec 2018
The second episode turned out to be just as expected. The introduction of a new character: Raphtalia and the bond and relationship development between her and Naofumi as well as the battle at the mine which the manga covered in three episodes. Some people may have thought it was too fast-paced but considering that this is an anime adaptation it totally makes sense. If they did two separate episodes on Raphtalia and the bond established between the two, people would have pointed it out saying it's dragging on. In my opinion the three chapters fit rather well as a second episode as the REAL story of The Shield Hero begins from the third episode onwards.
a car

Jun 2017
holiday498 said:
I feel like even though nothing huge is going down during the episode story wise, the pace is really fast. It's like they are trying to get past the character introduction and relationship development, which I'm gonna guess light novel spent some time on, as fast as possible. And tbh not sure if it's the greatest decision, cause even the most basic stuff can be made more interesting when the pace is just right. Hopefully they will slow don't once they get past these introduction chapters.

A common criticism with the LN is that is starts off rough for the first two volumes. They clearly want to get through this first rough patch ASAP, even if it means trimming a bit of details, which I'm okay with for the sake of the adaptation. When they get to the fight against that woman shown in the OP, all will be better. One problem, though, is that the descriptions of the Shield skills are really fast! That's gonna be problem when we get to some of the more elaborate Shields.

But man, watching this series after having read so much further ahead and seeing how these characters grow... it's been surreal to say the least. It's still going to be at least three more episodes before Best Girl appears...
Natsuki_HyundaiJan 16, 2019 8:35 AM
Dec 2018
Great episode but the pace is too fast, which make the character development and relationship not as good as it should be.

If they still keep this pace, the finale will go beyond LN vol.4, which IMO is a very bad choice since vol.5 or so is not good and satisfy enough to be the finale at all.
Jan 16, 2019 8:35 AM
Dec 2018
Mattinator95 said:
Only_Brad said:

she a tanuki racoon/dog
Jan 16, 2019 8:35 AM

Nov 2016
Loli Raphtalia > Adult Raphtalia
Jan 16, 2019 8:40 AM
Aug 2016
I'm loving Naofumi more and more when he's on screen lol

Also, Raphtalia's so cute! ^^
Jan 16, 2019 8:52 AM

Jul 2017
The long wait was well worth the wait ever since the early premiere of Episode 1.

As expected, we're introduced to Raphtalia the raccoon slave, and it's pretty much her uprising episode if she's ever gonna stick to Naofumi in his journey.

And finally the OST's out for both OP and ED, and again as expected of Kevin Penkin, to his favor it stands out marvelously.

Just as magnificent as that false rape accusation that is Episode 1. Can't wait for the actual story to start and take shape.

Jan 16, 2019 9:03 AM
Mar 2017
This episode moved me a lot, Raphtalia must be protected at all cost.
Poor little girl, her past is horrible and seeing her parents die and being the slave of a torturer is traumatic.
Naofumi is a true hero, I do not care if he bought Raphtalia, he saved her from her cruel destiny and he cares for her like if she were his little sister.
Naofumi seems to be improving little by little thanks to Raphtalia, also Naofumi continues to show his hard and angry side to the bastards of the city, at least those who see him as a criminal.
Naofumi continues to add new items to his shield, the designs of the new shields are great and he gets new skills with the new shields he get, this gives me hope that he will humiliate the other bastard heroes and the prostitute who betrayed him.
Raphtalia must be Naofumi's sword, but she must also overcome her traumas and fears, I was surprised how strong she became when she was with Naofumi, she loses her fear of blood and overcomes the horror of fighting with the monster and murders him and saving her master. Also we see how Raphtalia has taken care of Naofumi for all the care he gave her.
The opening is not bad, at least I love the visuals, but it disgusts me to see the traitor bitch and the bastard heroes in addition to seeing the pig king, but I insist the Op is not bad after seeing it a second time. The ending is beautiful and Raphtalia is very adorable next to her master and savior.
Jan 16, 2019 9:04 AM

Sep 2015
What the actual fuck, the skipped like 90% of content and rushed Raphtalia arc like it was nothing. I thought DOge fight will be like episode 4 and we will see how they get used to each other, from cold Nao and scared Raphtalia to an actual party. But they pushed it in 20 minutes.
After awesome first episode this is just 0/10, my eyes bleed.
If anyone liked first episode you better read ranobe, this was not an episode, this was a fucking abomination of speedrun industry.

If i havent read ranobe I would be like
"Duh, another trash isekai where girl fall in love in MC in a single fucking episode, total garbage, droped". It pains me for what they did to this episode.
GerverJan 16, 2019 9:14 AM
The opinions of people with shit taste, such as yourself, may differ of course.
Jan 16, 2019 9:07 AM
Nov 2018
Mattinator95 said:
Only_Brad said:

She is tanuki girl which means racoon in english.
Jan 16, 2019 9:14 AM
Nov 2018
Gerver said:
What the actual fuck, the skipped like 90% of content and rushed Raphtalia arc like it was nothing. I thought DOge fight will be like episode 4 and we will see how they get used to each other, from cold Nao and scared Raphtalia to an actual party. But they pushed it in 20 minutes.
If anyone liked first episode you better read ranobe, this was not an episode, this was a fucking abomination of speedrun industry.

True they skipped a lot from manga but this followed LN perfectly since this is adapted from it.
Jan 16, 2019 9:15 AM

Sep 2015
Dhyan_manu said:
Gerver said:

True they skipped a lot from manga but this followed LN perfectly since this is adapted from it.

No, they rushed ranobe, I am not a manga-reader.
The opinions of people with shit taste, such as yourself, may differ of course.
Jan 16, 2019 9:16 AM
Jan 2018
Aniteku said:
Mattinator95 said:

she a tanuki racoon/dog
Dhyan_manu said:
Mattinator95 said:

She is tanuki girl which means racoon in english.

The series wiki says dog

Edit: never mind it says fluffy dog like ears. I misread
Mattinator95Jan 16, 2019 9:24 AM
Jan 16, 2019 9:17 AM
Sep 2018
It took them so long to release EP 2. After the wait I got good news of 25 eps. I will binge this till end. I was really getting anxious about how they will wrap this up in 12 ep. And How dare they made a cute LOLI kill monsters. Calling air Force right now
Jan 16, 2019 9:20 AM
Sep 2018
Dhyan_manu said:
Gerver said:

Chill Bhai. I know they skipped a lot but lets just appreciate that they made it into anime there are still many LN and mangaka which we are hoping to get anime but still didn't got anything of it
Jan 16, 2019 9:25 AM
Jan 2018
Tentaman said:
Mattinator95 said:

Raphtalia is not a dog...She’s a tanuki, a type of racoon.

I read a discription wrong
Jan 16, 2019 9:26 AM

Mar 2016
Raphtalia already trying to make the case for Best Girl of Winter 2019 already....yes, I know, there's still Kaguya from Love Is War, but still...
Jan 16, 2019 9:29 AM

Mar 2018
there's no point in her being a slave lol some lazy ass shit

weak episode enjoyed the first one way more and how tf does his shield even work that's like the only thing I look forward too
poop
Jan 16, 2019 9:33 AM
Mar 2016
I liked it better than the first one. Naofumi character here is clearer, showing his soft and caring side, we finally meet Raphtalia: overall it's a really good episode. Still, I feel like something is missing, mostly in the emotional part of the series. Yeah, Naofumi is going not care anymore about others opinion (the hotel scene for example) but at the same time it's just like what happened to him is just something that passed by, while in fact, he's burning out of rage.
4/5
Jan 16, 2019 9:34 AM

Dec 2017
Rushed, missed a lot of details and character building for the best girl. While first episode followed the source perfectly, this one just skips everything that made Raphtalia's relationship with MC meaningful. If someone did not read the original, how is he supposed to know that gathering hair into the shield was a big deal? How would they know that Raph was seriously ill, if she got cured with a single medicine? How could they know how mentally unstable she was, if the whole scene with nightmares was almost skipped? I kinda hope that they will stop rushing the plot, cause without all those small details shield hero is just another good for nothing isekai.
Jan 16, 2019 9:39 AM

Nov 2018
Very good. I am anxious for the next episode
Jan 16, 2019 9:41 AM

Dec 2017
KyouKaiTen said:

I need to read the manga

Read ranobe, it is much better cause it has much more details.
Jan 16, 2019 9:41 AM
Sep 2018
Gerver said:

They did not......? The whole arc is like one and a half chapter of the manga and if they stretch that shit to 4 episodes I would actually drop this show. They skipped very minor content and in fact I think some scene they did it more reasonable and better than the manga. Like in the manga Raph is able to pick up a piece of the broken sword and pierce that through the dog's head, which I think is unreasonable for a ten years old. The anime did that better, at least more reasonable.
Jan 16, 2019 9:46 AM

Jul 2015
Anybody got the vibes?

Jan 16, 2019 9:47 AM

Mar 2016
"Good medicine tastes bitter."

Naofumi, 2019
Jan 16, 2019 9:48 AM

Apr 2016
Awesome episode , Love this series.
Just cant wait for next episode
BRAWLERS
Jan 16, 2019 9:48 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
SHES

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

KAWAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Jan 16, 2019 9:50 AM
Dec 2018
WhyCare said:
Gerver said:

They did not......? The whole arc is like one and a half chapter of the manga and if they stretch that shit to 4 episodes I would actually drop this show. They skipped very minor content and in fact I think some scene they did it more reasonable and better than the manga. Like in the manga Raph is able to pick up a piece of the broken sword and pierce that through the dog's head, which I think is unreasonable for a ten years old. The anime did that better, at least more reasonable.

FYI Raphtalia arc is likely 1/3 of LN vol.1, which can be easily made into 2 episodes without losing much details.

Because of the rush, Raphtalia's devolopment and relationship with Naofumi is not impact as it should be though.
Jan 16, 2019 9:52 AM

Sep 2014
Whoa, I forgot how cute loli Raphtalia is. I really enjoyed this episode and the interactions between Naofumi and Raphtalia. The OP was pretty good but I'm indifferent with the ED. I'm glad this is going to have 25 episodes.
Jan 16, 2019 9:55 AM

May 2018
slavemaster_1991 said:
Rushed, missed a lot of details and character building for the best girl. While first episode followed the source perfectly, this one just skips everything that made Raphtalia's relationship with MC meaningful. If someone did not read the original, how is he supposed to know that gathering hair into the shield was a big deal? How would they know that Raph was seriously ill, if she got cured with a single medicine? How could they know how mentally unstable she was, if the whole scene with nightmares was almost skipped? I kinda hope that they will stop rushing the plot, cause without all those small details shield hero is just another good for nothing isekai.

If they follow all the things you mentioned then it'll be 500 episode long.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2019

219 by SanessyAdversary »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2019

236 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2019

292 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 23, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

270 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 23, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2019

355 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 22, 9:49 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.