3It was OK
7.9%
2Disliked it
3.5%
1Hated it
1.3%
Average 4.4
229 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 15, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, it's about time they give 13-ban more screen time in this show. However, I think his role in this show will likely be going against Zero especially with his desire to regain control the order of witches.

Not much action but I think the psychology of the episode was good enough for the buildup. I just want to give Albus a hug ;_;
May 15, 2017 9:27 AM

Jun 2015
13 got more screen time. He's very good with what he says. Albus got wrecked by him. He knows nothing. Mercenary was brainwashed and was going to attack Zero. He still had doubts about her and that was why he was being controlled. Now their contact is over. So much trust issues.
May 15, 2017 9:28 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
All I have to say is FUCK THIRTEEN
May 15, 2017 9:30 AM
Aug 2009
I've always hated that brat, I was hoping he wasn't a major supporting character, I'd be glad if he is gone for good.
As for Zero and Yohei's parting well that's sad. I wonder what he's gonna have to do to make it up to her.
As for 13 wonder if Zero will end up defeating or even killing 13 later on.
May 15, 2017 9:33 AM

Dec 2014
Things took a pretty dark turn this episode, really good episode but also pretty heartbreaking. :(

Interesting that we got a more detailed account of what actually happened with the whole 'Grimoire of Zero' , In fact it's the very book that started this whole war. Must be a pretty heavy weight on Zero. :(

Pretty surprised that the founder of the Sorcerers of Zero actually murdered so many people just to get his hands on that book. Felt sad for Albus when he realized that no one was truly his ally.

Damn, Thirteen you devil that was some insane brainwashing he did on our Mercenary, though there might be some truth in what he says about Zero making contracts with demons to create her techniques.
The final scene between Zero and Mercenary was just heartbreaking, I felt so sad when Zero realized that Mercenary was having doubts and that's why he ended up being brainwashed. The final scene with her walking away was just so sad especially with the tone she used at the end. T.T

What makes this entire thing all the more sad is that it happened a little after we saw that whole travel montage with all three of them having so much fun together. :((
Gaaahh! I hope everyone makes up
May 15, 2017 9:40 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I can't blame Mercenary for still having trust issues, considering his past. Zero probably took him for granted and was being naive (just she was being naive when she wrote the book thinking it will only be used for good). Not good, not good at all D:

Honestly, i'm still not sure what Thirteen actually has in mind. He wants to get rid of Albus, it seems and screw over the Zero/Mercenary bond but why would he? Maybe obsession with Zero?

Also that first scene before the OP was stupid.
SmudyMay 15, 2017 9:46 AM
May 15, 2017 9:47 AM

Nov 2015
That was sad. Zero and Mercenary got into a fight. This anime is starting to get better, the three witch factions, each one with its own ideology, and now Mercenary has a way to get bach to his human form.
May 15, 2017 9:56 AM

Jul 2014
Well, Thirteen certainly tore their little group apart with massive ease, didn't he? Very interesting episode.
May 15, 2017 10:09 AM
Apr 2017
So the End was longer than usual ..whats up with that.

Still waiting for an Anime where the fight doesnt get interrupted anymore..
May 15, 2017 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
Oh god that ending was depressing.

I can understand why Merceneray acted that way though. Guy has had a rough past and just spending a few weeks with a witch won't change everything.
May 15, 2017 10:17 AM
Feb 2016
Good episode, does the book at the end closing more slowly has a special meaning ?
May 15, 2017 10:19 AM

Jan 2015
Thirteen's statement about Witch and sacrifice sure feels realistic. And now, after Albus finally grasp the truth... Even Mercenary starting to get know about Zero. Thanks to Thirteen and his smile.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 15, 2017 10:28 AM

Aug 2013
That was some next level brainwashing Thirteen did.

It was painfully seeing Zero realising that the mercenary had doubts. She was heartbroken.

Also FUCK THIRTEEN

May 15, 2017 10:30 AM

Dec 2015
To be honest, it would have been pretty awesome if what Thirteen said was the truth instead of a way to separate the Mercenary from Zero.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 15, 2017 10:55 AM
Jun 2016
Someone tell me it'll be alright because my heart will be broken till next monday T_T
May 15, 2017 11:15 AM

Dec 2014
I'm not sure where Zero gets the confidence that the mercenary is able to trust her unconditionally. He never had a good opinion of witches and she appeared out of nowhere not too long ago. She claims to be a powerful witch. Him having doubts was more than expected.
May 15, 2017 11:31 AM

Jun 2015
When that bell rang and they stopped fighting, I knew it was time to eat.

That Thirteen is awful. How dare he ruin Zero and the mercenary's relationship? I think that vial contains poison not a spell.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 15, 2017 11:32 AM

Jun 2015
joe_g7 said:
To be honest, it would have been pretty awesome if what Thirteen said was the truth instead of a way to separate the Mercenary from Zero.

yeah it would have been a good plot twist but also a heartbreaker.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 15, 2017 11:34 AM

Dec 2016
God, I am actually pretty sad now....

Also, why were his eyes purple, weren't they blue before?

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
May 15, 2017 11:34 AM

Sep 2010
Anathor said:
I'm not sure where Zero gets the confidence that the mercenary is able to trust her unconditionally. He never had a good opinion of witches and she appeared out of nowhere not too long ago. She claims to be a powerful witch. Him having doubts was more than expected.

Especially after Zero seemingly left Albus to the wolves.

DW_lazy said:
God, I am actually pretty sad now....

Also, why were his eyes purple, weren't they blue before?

He was brainwashed.
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
May 15, 2017 11:47 AM

Mar 2014
that's right. mercenary is not a fool. if he trusts a witch so easily, he would have been killed by other witches long before.
cant wait to see how they come back.

zero is sad in episode 5 when she saw the magic she created for good is used to kill people. she regrets for the invention of magic somehow.

this week again, i feels very short when ed comes out. it seems i just watched 7 or 8 minutes rather than 20. not enough...
May 15, 2017 12:18 PM

Dec 2013
Niveen_Sleem said:

Almost dropped this show at that moment.
Srsly, this is far beyond my level of tolerance.
May 15, 2017 12:27 PM

Aug 2012
So this was right in queue as many others anime. Also I think Zero was expecting way too much. If she wanted for him to trust her unconditionally they should have exchanged names. She isn't trusting him either and she is acting like a bitch. And 13 did not lie entirely. There is a part of zero that thinks exactly like that. Would she like him as a human?
May 15, 2017 12:27 PM

Apr 2013
That scene at the beginning really shows the time those two lived together.
The way the city is built feels very weird. Those walls don't really make sense and wouldn't really work. I guess living in a country with lots of old walled cities made me sensible to nonsensical building or something xD.

So the whole bulk of this episode was about 13 separating everyone by using implanting distrust and feel of betrayal everywhere. I kind of feel that this isn't goign to really amount to anything after one or two more episodes, but we'll see.

May 15, 2017 12:30 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Another nice episode, where 13 grows the Doubt in Mercenary respect Zero!!!
If mean the separation of the team, because the young sorecerer is in prision too :/
May 15, 2017 12:33 PM

Sep 2013
The fight ends cause it's time for dinner :)
Albus gets a taste of reality and 13 manipulates yohei :(
May 15, 2017 12:39 PM
May 2017
I just saw the promotional trailer(i liked one zero kara... face book fan page and found out the promotional trailer) and it has some spoilers(from the next episode), i will leave it on a spoiler(is not much information anyway and they could change it since it was from the promotional trailer). I liked this episode so far

Spoiler from next episode behind the button
May 15, 2017 12:52 PM

Dec 2012
I love this episode,this is the atmosphere it should have been.Finally figure out how the setting is laid out and possible outcomes.This is the only thing doesn't add up they saying they are the only two left (compatriots)in the cave so who stole the book?another classmate?
May 15, 2017 12:54 PM

Sep 2015
I think the potion is poison or some shyt.
May 15, 2017 1:02 PM

Nov 2016
Lol dinner time ends the fight xD

At first I thought damn, why the fuck is Youhei buying Thirteens shit so easily ? The explanation afterwards saved it a little bit, but I'm not 100% satisfied.

In the end Thirteens plan still worked out, Zero and Youhei were temporarily seperated.
Although the scene was kept simple it was still effective, felt bad for Zero and I'm mad at Youhei for jumping at conclusions.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 15, 2017 1:05 PM

Jun 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
Niveen_Sleem said:

Almost dropped this show at that moment.
Srsly, this is far beyond my level of tolerance.

but it was funny and anyway it let space for some background explanation instead of fighting to death
May 15, 2017 1:07 PM

Jun 2015
sakamoto-kun said:

At first I thought damn, why the fuck is Youhei buying Thirteens shit so easily ? The explanation afterwards saved it a little bit, but I'm not 100% satisfied.

In the end Thirteens plan still worked out, Zero and Youhei were temporarily seperated.
Although the scene was kept simple it was still effective, felt bad for Zero and I'm mad at Youhei for jumping at conclusions.

I thought the smoke in the room was suspicious and he was using it to brainwash Youhei. I still don't know if this theory is true or it was just Thirteen's wormtongue.
May 15, 2017 1:11 PM

Nov 2016
Niveen_Sleem said:
sakamoto-kun said:

I thought the smoke in the room was suspicious and he was using it to brainwash Youhei. I still don't know if this theory is true or it was just Thirteen's wormtongue.

Yeah, Zero explained it afterwards, that Thirteen has some kind of skill to strenghten the doubt Youhei already had inside him. That's how I understand it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 15, 2017 1:13 PM

Dec 2013
Niveen_Sleem said:
but it was funny and anyway it let space for some background explanation instead of fighting to death

It'd be funny in Gintama but not here. You have to match narration, or else it looks stupid.
May 15, 2017 1:22 PM

Nov 2008
Anathor said:

Indeed especially when you consider his past; its not good; and its a past that would make him distrust almost anyone in general let alone a witch. And than you tack on on his perception * of what fate she left albus to. Though i would say he should have trusted her more.. but than think about it; he was trusting her more; and more and more. to the point where there was likely just faint doubt. However doubt is doubt and it was manipulated by that bastard. She was naive to think he could automatically trust without condition; however he was over hasty in allowing himself to be put in a position to be manipulated. Both screwed up; however hes clearly not happy about whats happened and she is clearly unhappy about it as well. I wonder whom will re-encounter the other ie save them first haha; Because 13 is clearly driving them apart for his own gain and purposes. Heres hoping its not to long before they start trying to seek reconciliation with each others (I assume it will only be 1 or 2 episodes before it takes place based off how the series has gone so far)./
sirwenceMay 15, 2017 1:25 PM
May 15, 2017 1:41 PM

Feb 2016
Lelouch0202 said:

What makes this entire thing all the more sad is that it happened a little after we saw that whole travel montage with all three of them having so much fun together. :((
Gaaahh! I hope everyone makes up

^ THIS, and to think that there were people saying it was useless and boring filler with no importance!

Boy, Mercenary sure has a lot to work on in order to repay his mess
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 15, 2017 1:48 PM

Feb 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
Niveen_Sleem said:

It'd be funny in Gintama but not here. You have to match narration, or else it looks stupid.

it was explained afterwards, Zero tried to defend Mercenary from 13, so she attacked 13 because she thought that 13 was attacking Mercenary, is not like they wanted to fight to the death with no reason, if you wanted that, go watch Dragon Ball Super or some idiotic anime with non sensical fights
~Blackwall
May 15, 2017 2:15 PM

Dec 2013
Jack_Corvus96 said:
it was explained afterwards, Zero tried to defend Mercenary from 13, so she attacked 13 because she thought that 13 was attacking Mercenary, is not like they wanted to fight to the death with no reason, if you wanted that, go watch Dragon Ball Super or some idiotic anime with non sensical fights

Nah, that's not what I'm talking about. They didn't need to insert comic relief at this point. Honestly, it looked out of place like heck.
Btw, you've shot yourself in the foot with that comparison. Comic relief is typical for series like: Bleach, Naruto and DB...
May 15, 2017 2:22 PM

Oct 2013
I'll be pretty disappointed if they get back together
May 15, 2017 2:34 PM

May 2015
Damn, Thirteen sure screwed everything over. Wonder what will happen now.

May 15, 2017 2:45 PM

Feb 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
Jack_Corvus96 said:

Nah, that's not what I'm talking about. They didn't need to insert comic relief at this point. Honestly, it looked out of place like heck.
Btw, you've shot yourself in the foot with that comparison. Comic relief is typical for series like: Bleach, Naruto and DB...

I wasn't talking about comic relief
~Blackwall
May 15, 2017 2:46 PM

Jun 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
Niveen_Sleem said:

they don't do it a lot anyway and I don't think there will be space for jokes the coming episodes.
May 15, 2017 3:29 PM

Nov 2008
Niveen_Sleem said:

That Thirteen is awful. How dare he ruin Zero and the mercenary's relationship? I think that vial contains poison not a spell.

Well I doubt its ruined; heavily strained though most certainly. I mean they both made some errors in judgement; including what he assumed she was doing with Albus but a more obvious one would be.. Why would you go alone to a witch you openly distrust and have no bond with; He does 'trust' zero just not unconditionally and who could blame him with his past. And she made a mistake thinking someone like him could trust unconditionally that easily it would take much time but it was getting there. Also she can't expect him to know her mind its kind of obvious at times if she doesn't explain it he won't fully understand it (her more subtle motives) .. and Albus simply feels entirely betrayed

But I foresee Zero and her Lov int.. I mean Merc Back together in the near anime future. 1-3 episodes ?

and I agree that 'potion' is more apt to be poison than anything else hed be a fool to take it
May 15, 2017 3:47 PM

Mar 2014
First Samurai Jack' last episode and now this episode.... Damn, my happiness is gone again!

Still it is a very good episode and very informative one (now is very clear for me the whole situation around the grimiore).
May 15, 2017 4:05 PM

Dec 2016
That was funny how they stopped just like that so they could have dinner, don't blame them though, empty stomach = no good.

Damn Thirteen is one crafty bastard.

I'm pretty sure his goal from the start was the split those 3 up, he obviously wants Zero all to himself.

Looks like our furry enemy from a couple of episodes ago might have set a trap for Mercenary after watching that preview.

Hopefully Zero comes to the rescue and they become partners again.
LukesYGO_WSonYTMay 15, 2017 9:49 PM
May 15, 2017 4:44 PM

Sep 2015
If he have thrust to 0 none of this will happen

DON'T EVER THINK USE THAT POTION NEXY EP
Into the Internet!
May 15, 2017 4:57 PM
Dec 2015
I really like this series, but this was by far the weakest episode. The cliffhanger from the previous episode ended hugely anticlimactically and left me confused for a while. Then there was a massively long and boring scene of exposition in a bland location, and that lacked most of the endearing character interactions other similar scenes from this show had. Then it ended with a bunch of contrived drama and dumb misunderstandings. There were some interesting bits of information, and I'm interested to see what the potion will do and what Thirteen's plans are, but that's because of my investment based on the previous episodes, rather than intrigue built from this one. I hope the next episode steps it up and keeps the quality of the previous episodes.
May 15, 2017 4:57 PM
Aug 2013
Pls Zero don't lose to Thirteen. It's my only wish :)
Aww ok... team have to reunited :P
2 wishes of mine.
May 15, 2017 5:14 PM
Aug 2015
Good episode, but it's really predictable what will happen in the next episode.
May 15, 2017 5:38 PM

Sep 2011
I simply can't get myself to feel anything at the end of this episode. It is absurd for Zero to think that the pile of fluff wouldn't have doubts. He's been through so much and grew up in a hostile environment. It's not like he will suddenly trust you "because you are you".
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2017

150 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 2, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2017

64 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 2, 2:12 AM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2017

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2017

89 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2017

82 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 10:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.