3It was OK
16.2%
2Disliked it
6.6%
1Hated it
2.2%
Average 4.2
136 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 4, 2015 5:54 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh, I think they invested quite a bit of time into this fight as well as the Sabertooth one at least in terms of music and choreography. Nice.

With all the buildup and stuff, this was a major fight between Mard Geer against Natsu + Gray so I did have higher expectations than some of the fights. They got down some of the excitement from it with some transition of flashbacks about Jiemma. I wish they didn't go with more flashbacks between Erza/Minerva but they are short so whatever. I think they did extend this episode a bit more as well so fitting the major clash in the last 5 minutes somewhat works well. Those Jojo style ora ora ora punches though

The OST used in the episode is kinda nice. Gotta put high volume on for that.
That cliffhanger D:
Stark700Dec 4, 2015 6:15 PM
Dec 4, 2015 6:45 PM
Sep 2012
Okay first of all , a lot of recap this week. Oh well.

First of all let me talk about Sting and Rogue vs Jiemma since that fight has a conclusion. Just like I thought Jiemma's whole purpose was for the Twin Slayers to do something and get a win. I have seen terrible fathers in animation, fathers like Ozai, Father, heck even characters like Preston Northwest, but Jiemma might be the worst. He sucks.

All Jiemma really is, is a bully, he likes to push around the weak, and when you stand up to him like Sting did, he goes down. And now he resorted to becoming a demon, how pathetic. You know he really should have just been a dark guild master, that work suited him more. Though if his dark guild ran into Fairy Tail, they would nakify them as well, at least a couple of key members. Just like Brain earlier in this arc, I hope he's dead. I do hope in the epilogue they will add content, like if Minerva ever finds out what Jiemma said about her and how he is the one responsible for her demonification.

Mard Geer Tartarus, oh my god he is awesome. But this power is going to kill Zeref, keep dreaming, but things not looking good for our heroes, how will Natsu and Gray get out of this.

Next episode, finally back to the present when Face if activated, and we got some extra content, the rest of Sabertooth appears, and so does Ichiya, Erza's worst nightmare, that is where Kyouka went wrong, should have used Ichiya in some way.
blfanDec 4, 2015 7:35 PM
Dec 4, 2015 7:00 PM
Mar 2015
The episode was good but only bcoz of the last fight.It was clear that they put most of the budget this episode for mard vs natsu and gray, which was niceSting and rogue vs genmma was bad, as bas erza vs kyouka.Igeel vs acno remains good as well.I am expecting an epic finale between those 2.
Next episode Finally face activates and thats one of my fav moment in the arc.
Overall 4/5. A-1 is doing justice to mard ,igneel and acno
Dec 4, 2015 7:39 PM

Jun 2015
Is it just me or have we seen Erza fight Kyouka like 5 times now? I could have sworn Minerva already killed her 4 episodes ago.

Too much talking with the old master and Sting and Rogue. But that cheap ass super move by Mard Geer though, I bet Natsu and Gray will get out of it using the power of friendship though.

3/5
Dec 4, 2015 7:47 PM
Sep 2012
The anime changed its own canon, which you don't see everyday. In the Yukino flashback, she is not naked, even though she was naked in the original anime. This is not only changing the manga, this is the anime canon. I am glad though that didn't happen in the original anime, because without that you don't have the extra jerkiness you need to really bring the point what kind of a man Jiemma is. You could take the nudity out of the Minerva childhood flashback, Jiemma did enough messed up things to dramatize her as a child. But with Yukino, you take out the nudity, all he did was kick her of the guild and be a jerk about that. It is still bad, but not enough to really hate him.

And what is with this anime, since this arc began they have gone out of their way to censor nudity. It is like they traded blood for nudity. Could that be the case, people complained about the blood censorship, so they decided to make it more bloody, but they had to take out the nudity, because if they had both, they could effect the rating system or something?
Dec 4, 2015 9:36 PM

Dec 2009
blfan said:
The anime changed its own canon, which you don't see everyday. In the Yukino flashback, she is not naked, even though she was naked in the original anime. This is not only changing the manga, this is the anime canon. I am glad though that didn't happen in the original anime, because without that you don't have the extra jerkiness you need to really bring the point what kind of a man Jiemma is. You could take the nudity out of the Minerva childhood flashback, Jiemma did enough messed up things to dramatize her as a child. But with Yukino, you take out the nudity, all he did was kick her of the guild and be a jerk about that. It is still bad, but not enough to really hate him.

And what is with this anime, since this arc began they have gone out of their way to censor nudity. It is like they traded blood for nudity. Could that be the case, people complained about the blood censorship, so they decided to make it more bloody, but they had to take out the nudity, because if they had both, they could effect the rating system or something?

Who knows, at least the Blu-Ray releases of the series are not censored and are more in line with what happens in the manga. So looking forward to the Tartaros arc being uncensored when I buy the uncensored releases from FUNimation next year.
Dec 4, 2015 10:09 PM

Dec 2014
Ok quiet an action packed episode as always Momento Mori.seems I have heard it somewhere. That Mard Geed is really tough to beat
Dec 4, 2015 11:15 PM

Sep 2015
Nice episode, though the fight between erza and kyouka had been repeated too much already. at last the countdown has reached 00:00 in both the parallel stories. But why is Gray using ice make when he has devil slaying magic?? And he also shoots ice beams out of his mouth the way natsu shoots out fire....
Dec 5, 2015 2:50 AM

Oct 2014
Pretty good episode, thought that the Sabertooth fight was a bit dragged out maybe, and god damn, I agree with many of you here. We have seen Erza vs Kyoka like far too many times now....

Well, we got to see a pretty interesting fight with Natsu x Gray vs Mard Geer in absolute demon form :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2015 3:01 AM

Jul 2015
Really slow and boring episode, with lots of recaps. Especialy the 1 half, wich was just ALL TALK and no action. The animation was bad, The Tartaros arc, the one that I was waiting for so long is such a disappointment when it comes to animation. Still love Fairy Tail though.
Dec 5, 2015 5:34 AM
Aug 2012
Sigh this is the 1st episode that just have to complain about.........the first half was wasted with pointless flashbacks/talks and the Twin Dragon Slayer's fight was utterly disappointing. Was it the same in the manga? If so then they wasted a good time for putting in some action.

At least Natsu/Gray VS Mard Geer fight was good and the saving grace for this episode. The rest was just a waste of time. I don't hate the nakama speech but it gets annoying when they drag it way too much.

Dec 5, 2015 5:41 AM
May 2015
One thing I hate sometimes is that people forget to use their stronger forms.....thought Sting/Rogue could go Dragon Force whenever they want so that'd have made the "one-shot" have more sense
Dec 5, 2015 5:59 AM

Apr 2015
recaps
Dec 5, 2015 6:20 AM

Jun 2013
too many flashbacks
Dec 5, 2015 7:26 AM

Jul 2013
Man, I didn't remember how bad Jiemma's defeat was. His only purpose was to give a fight to Sting and Rogue and that's all. I found the fact that he was dominating the fight and then Sting and Rogue defeat him suddenly without ever using Dragon Force ridiculous.

Apart of this, the flashbacks and recaps were annoying, only made to elongate the episode.

Mard Geer's fight part was the best, however, that Memento Mori was beastly. Toshiyuki Morikawa has doing a great job voicing him. Also, the arc is in it's ending.
Dec 5, 2015 7:28 AM

Feb 2015
The cliffhanger -_-"
this episode felt more like a build up for the next episode, and i can't wait to see that. the MC just literally Vanish in the air LOL.
Dec 5, 2015 8:54 AM

Apr 2014
I didn't know cutting your hair makes you stronger. (Wendy)
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Dec 5, 2015 9:04 AM

Jun 2013
vasilis0602 said:
I didn't know cutting your hair makes you stronger. (Wendy)

It's supposed to resemble change and maturity or something like that...
Dec 5, 2015 11:00 AM
Mar 2014
Pretty good episode, nice use of OST
Dec 5, 2015 11:17 AM

Apr 2011
So much flashbacks, my big brother keeps complaining its an old episode. It annoys me that he thinks that, but I can understand why. Seeing Erza doing the same thing again can be frustrating.
vansonbeeDec 5, 2015 7:43 PM
Dec 5, 2015 2:56 PM
Oct 2011
Pretty meh episode and disappointing fight conclusion between Jiemma and Rogue/Sting. I really like FT but man, they're digging their own grave this way =/
Dec 5, 2015 3:10 PM

Aug 2015
you wonder how sting and rouge one-shotted their opponent, don't bother just accept it and move on, at least the fight wasn't dragged out.
Aside from that erza became so annoying, like she has friendship speeches everytime she's way worse than natsu which i also hate.
4/5 overall i enjoyed this episode.
Dec 5, 2015 7:33 PM

Aug 2013
rahamim said:
you wonder how sting and rouge one-shotted their opponent, don't bother just accept it and move on, at least the fight wasn't dragged out.
Aside from that erza became so annoying, like she has friendship speeches everytime she's way worse than natsu which i also hate.
4/5 overall i enjoyed this episode.

Agreed!
Also I agree with unownHGSS (great name btw)
Sorry! I must admit I am confused most of the time.
Feel free to recommend anime to me, or tell me to shut up.
Dec 6, 2015 6:56 AM

May 2014
The gay brothers of FT start their against a weirdo monster while the gay brothers of Sabertooth got knocked out wiith their previous master. A real K.O. LOL. Anyways, good build-up ep. Most curious about Lumen Historie since I don't read the manga. I hope it has epic power. After reading Fairy tail Zero I think it has something with Light to do. It will be interesting to see what it is (other than Mavis body). And why do Mavis have to be naked. Damn you Mashima you are a hentai! Big or small doesn't matter. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2015 7:12 AM

May 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
blfan said:

Who knows, at least the Blu-Ray releases of the series are not censored and are more in line with what happens in the manga. So looking forward to the Tartaros arc being uncensored when I buy the uncensored releases from FUNimation next year.

From what I saw she were naked. :/ The only part that were black were the down there. Otherwise, I didn't see any changes. THe only change I saw was there were no flashback in the manga. ^^
EDIT: Aha, now I understand. Yeah now that I checked the original anime it weren't included. Sorry. :P
mangalicker94Dec 6, 2015 7:25 AM
Dec 6, 2015 7:13 AM

May 2014
iam21 said:
Nice episode, though the fight between erza and kyouka had been repeated too much already. at last the countdown has reached 00:00 in both the parallel stories. But why is Gray using ice make when he has devil slaying magic?? And he also shoots ice beams out of his mouth the way natsu shoots out fire....

Yeah, that was a new move. Even I am suprized. I thought only dragon slayers could do that, not other type of slayers. I guess my question got answered there, huh? :)
Dec 6, 2015 7:19 AM

May 2014
BaitOfJustice said:
Man, I didn't remember how bad Jiemma's defeat was. His only purpose was to give a fight to Sting and Rogue and that's all. I found the fact that he was dominating the fight and then Sting and Rogue defeat him suddenly without ever using Dragon Force ridiculous.

Apart of this, the flashbacks and recaps were annoying, only made to elongate the episode.

Mard Geer's fight part was the best, however, that Memento Mori was beastly. Toshiyuki Morikawa has doing a great job voicing him. Also, the arc is in it's ending.

Wonder how Natsu and Gray will get out of that one. I hope something more than Nakama-power saves them this time. >.>
Dec 7, 2015 2:00 AM

Nov 2015
I enjoyed Natsu getting his ass beat down by Gemma and then Marde.

Gray's gungnir has gotten more impressive in AOE, nice to see that.

Lucy is hot.
Dec 7, 2015 5:02 AM
Mar 2015
Could anyone who has read the manga please tell me what lumen historie does? Manga is so far ahead so it should surely have been used there no? (include a spoiler tag btw) but im curious, i tried googled it but still noone knows wtf it seems to do
Dec 7, 2015 6:06 AM

Mar 2014
zanders said:
Could anyone who has read the manga please tell me what lumen historie does? Manga is so far ahead so it should surely have been used there no? (include a spoiler tag btw) but im curious, i tried googled it but still noone knows wtf it seems to do
Dec 7, 2015 6:24 AM
Mar 2015
ziggy_Z said:
zanders said:

Dec 7, 2015 7:11 AM
Mar 2015
Also another question, does anyone know how long it will be before we see another super powerful and/or sad episode in the level of the one where Lucy sacrificed one of her celestial spirit to summon the celestial king?
Dec 7, 2015 9:03 AM

Mar 2012
Memento Mori? So Mard Geer likes Persona 3
Dec 7, 2015 1:12 PM
Oct 2013
zanders said:
ziggy_Z said:

I sugest you just read the manga instead of having the story spoiled for you like this.

As for the upcoming sad episode,
Dec 7, 2015 2:01 PM
May 2015
So

416 - Etheranos Natsu Dragneel was revealed
436 - (20 chapters later) Zeref Dragneel's last name was revealed
465 -(30 chapters from that) - More Dragneel info is revealed
So 40 chapters from that is 505 when the next huge reveal will about END is.

Well
100 - Was the chapter Erza though she died and looked to see how her death made everyone sad even though she sacrificed her life for them
200 - Was when Gildarts explained to Natsu about the black dragon
301 - Was when the dragon festival was explained
399 - Wings of Despair; 400 - Wings of Hope
500 - Achnologia will appear; Natsu may be sacrificed

And
250 - Zeref Awakens (was the chapter name)
500 - Zeref awakens something????

Future Rogue said Natsu will be killed by a dragon.

Achnologia returns close to chapter 500; kills Natsu;
Zeref awaken END in Chapter 500

Natsu gets his memory back in chapter 505.

If Mashima follows the pattern, Chapter 500 is the chapter where all 3 (Achnologia, Zeref, END patterns overlap)
Dec 7, 2015 11:24 PM

Aug 2012
Crescentgenisi said:
So

416 - Etheranos Natsu Dragneel was revealed
436 - (20 chapters later) Zeref Dragneel's last name was revealed
465 -(30 chapters from that) - More Dragneel info is revealed
So 40 chapters from that is 505 when the next huge reveal will about END is.

Well
100 - Was the chapter Erza though she died and looked to see how her death made everyone sad even though she sacrificed her life for them
200 - Was when Gildarts explained to Natsu about the black dragon
301 - Was when the dragon festival was explained
399 - Wings of Despair; 400 - Wings of Hope
500 - Achnologia will appear; Natsu may be sacrificed

And
250 - Zeref Awakens (was the chapter name)
500 - Zeref awakens something????

Future Rogue said Natsu will be killed by a dragon.

Achnologia returns close to chapter 500; kills Natsu;
Zeref awaken END in Chapter 500

Natsu gets his memory back in chapter 505.

If Mashima follows the pattern, Chapter 500 is the chapter where all 3 (Achnologia, Zeref, END patterns overlap)
You should really use spoiler tags you know for some of those info...
Dec 10, 2015 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
Why the recaps? While the episode had some nice fight scenes and all in the Mardgear and Jemma fights the whole feel of it was ruined by the damn recaps.

Crescentgenisi said:

That's a massive spoiler for anime only-viewers btw, adding a tag won't kill anyone.
Dec 11, 2015 2:11 AM

Dec 2013
Twin scrubs vs their old master was a trash tier fight. Oh no their attack aren't working but don't worry after another crappy friendship speech they can just one shot him. Pathetic friendship magic strikes again! 2nd worse fight right after Erza vs Kyoukai in this arc.

Speaking of Erza I really wished they would stop showing that shitty fight over and over.

At least Natsu and Gray vs Mard Geer was cool to watch. RIP. They don't even get shown in the preview. Although we all know that they are alive. Do they really think that they are ticking anyone?
Dec 13, 2015 4:25 AM

Apr 2015
The first 13 minutes were just a huge recap... Are they going to waste so much time on it each episode??
Dec 14, 2015 9:46 PM

Dec 2012
Erza and Kyoka sitting in a tree. R E C A P P P

Also, Mashima magic again. YAY!

Wasn't the best Gundam episode. *wink*
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 20, 2015 12:47 PM

Jan 2012
Everyone is scared of end , seems to be strong mage.

Dec 22, 2015 11:42 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I wish END could be released or whatever so the recaps, repeating scenes, and lame flashbacks could E.N.D.
Dec 24, 2015 3:57 PM

Apr 2015
The only thing that makes fairy tail anime horrible, is that i keep compairing it with the manga.
"The breasts of a woman have endless possibilities!"
-Azazel
Dec 31, 2015 2:13 PM
Sep 2015
i'm lost now. Mard Geer got a screw lose or something. HAHA get it Geer...Gear...Screw....................ahhh wateva

Dec 31, 2015 6:35 PM

Apr 2009
Lot of weak parts in this episode. Jiemma's defeat was really anticlimactic and lame, way too many flashbacks to recent stuff, reshowing Erza's battle feels like padding.

Natsu and Gray vs Mard Geer saved the epsidode. I laughed when Natsu popped out of the ice.

And what a heck of an ending, although I'm going to go out on a limb and say neither of them are dead. You can't vanish nakama power because you can't hurt my friends nakama nakama nakama. Or something like that.
Jan 4, 2016 2:15 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
shaq16 said:
i'm lost now. Mard Geer got a screw lose or something. HAHA get it Geer...Gear...Screw....................ahhh wateva

Those Fairy Tail twerps really grinded his Geers.
Apr 13, 2016 10:01 AM

Apr 2013
Too much recap, don't become One Piece plz ;_;
Sep 20, 2016 7:31 AM

Jan 2016
wow what a episode! Light and shadow combo, against jiemma, (please let him be dead for good now -_-) really put up a great fight, and the animation, gotta say i love the music in this episode as well!
And What an incredible Combo with Natsu's fire And Grays new Devil ice :3 what a sight and animation! its always an amazing sight to see the tag team :3

Mard geer used Memento Mori, But what happened to Natsu and gray ...
so excited for the next episode
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Oct 28, 2016 4:34 AM

Feb 2015
Well, that was ... A Song of Ice & Fire.
Dec 27, 2016 11:52 PM
Nov 2012
mangalicker94 said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

From what I saw she were naked. :/ The only part that were black were the down there. Otherwise, I didn't see any changes. THe only change I saw was there were no flashback in the manga. ^^
EDIT: Aha, now I understand. Yeah now that I checked the original anime it weren't included. Sorry. :P

Which episode in the original anime did it happen?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 63 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

98 by 1spartan106 »»
Sep 12, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 61 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aiko_Hiroshi - Jun 5, 2015

95 by 1spartan106 »»
Sep 12, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 50 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2015

49 by DrFeelGood887 »»
Aug 14, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 102 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

180 by Dweb71 »»
Aug 5, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

130 by bakughoue »»
Aug 4, 9:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.