Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 5, 2015 6:50 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this battle started out with a bang, quite literally! Freaking was nuts how powerful Jackal is, when he did that massive sweep of explosions around the city. Jackal is pretty damn sadistic as he doesn't care about human life whatsoever. Forcing Lucy to choose between a pregnant woman and the old geezer (asshole) was one of the series darkest moments. Also was cool to see how Natsu overcame Jackal's powers...by eating the explosions themselves haha.

Looking forward to next week for the conclusion of the battle and the prologue of the Tartarus Arc. Man the anime is living up to my expectations completely for this arc.

5/5
Jun 5, 2015 6:55 PM

Nov 2011
They're using quite a lot of time for recaping each episode....

This was an episode I was excited for as it shows the battle between Natsu against Jackal. Natsu looked pissed this episode especially with those punches in the first. I thought the episode captured the excitement of the fight that I expected though on most parts. Natsu imo should of been more careful though considering Jackal's ability makes anything explode D:

Good fight though. Also felt kinda sorry for the others that got involved in that town.
Jun 5, 2015 7:15 PM

Aug 2014
Is it me or is Jackal more badass fighting animated?
Jun 5, 2015 7:23 PM

Nov 2014
Count on natsu. That geezer though (wish jackal just killed him quickly)
Jun 5, 2015 7:41 PM
Sep 2012
That was a long recap. But oh well.

Michello is a sorry excuse of a human being, all he cares about is saving his own hide. How that nice kind grand daughter is related to him is hard to believe. I am temped to let Jackel kill this guy.Needless to say Natsu and Jackel what a fight, Natsu just fighting without thinking almost cost him here. Is he ever going to learn?

That game Jackel played making Lucy choose of which life to save, that is playing dirty, but that is expected of demons. I was never sure if that woman was pregnant or making it up to convince Lucy to save her, but the anime makes it clear she really is. She clutches her stomach even before Jackel tells everyone about his game, and her voice actress made her seem sincere, so that mystery is solved, though it wouldn't have mattered, I would still think Michello is worse.

And how Michello talked to all the town folks, and said his life is more important than anyone else is terrible, and he left his grand daughter behind not caring at all what happened to her, what a jerk, and I tell you instead of the pregnant lady, Jackel grabbed Michella as the other hostage, Michello still would have behaved the same. I was so happy when Natsu bumped on the head, he deserved that.

Natsu and Jackel round two, and my money is on Natsu, he rarely loses twice.

Next week, the fight continues and Tartarus continues their rampage on ex council members.
Jun 5, 2015 7:42 PM

Jul 2010
The old man is pretty obsessed in staying alive :/

Looking forward to the real fight starting. Also on the new style of power from the curses. So I'll assume that there is no such thing as running out of mana from using a curse?
Jun 5, 2015 7:46 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Natsu beating the crap out of Jackal was awesome, but that was all for naught. Interesting that Tartaros members use curses instead of magic. That might be quite troublesome to fight against.

That old geezer pissed me off big time! Would've been great seeing him get killed by Jackal. Given the options, I would've saved the pregnant woman in a heartbeat.

Looks like Natsu has discovered a way to counter against the explosions. The second round should be even better.

Decent episode. That 6 minutes recap in the beginning was totally unnecessary though.. >.>

Apr 2013
It'd be better if the recaps were just from the previous episode, but the jumping around (And putting some both before and after the opening) just looks weird. At least they are still adapting two chapters an episode. And that the rest of the episode was still great.

Apr 2012
8 minutes recap if you include the opening, this is too much. I hope they don't recap this episode in 8 minutess the next time...
Jun 5, 2015 7:57 PM

Mar 2013
Man, the freakin recap was long this time. *_*

Besides that, awesome fighting in this episode.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jun 5, 2015 8:03 PM
Jun 2014
Okay, putting aside that terrible recap, this was a really good episode.

There is just something intrinsically satisfying about watching Natsu beat up villains.
Jun 5, 2015 8:12 PM

Dec 2013
Really not liking the old man/former council member. About as much as i disliked the recap.

Anyways, Natsu showed up without nakama power! I'm impressed.
If I forget to reply feel free to drop a message or comment on my profile!
Jun 5, 2015 8:18 PM

May 2015
Way way way way too much recap!
We got some pretty good action in there though.
And everything animated is just so awesome!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jun 5, 2015 8:42 PM
Mar 2015
man, these recaps, but jackal's explosion was nicely animated,and jackal is drawn way too good, his design was already great ,but anime made him look more awesome.The fight was just great, they extended the fight to couple of attacks from lucy and wendy
but one thing that bothers me is the voice acting of characters like michello, it was horrible,atleast to me
Jun 5, 2015 8:43 PM
Mar 2015
also they are using the budget in right fights ,unlike the gmg arc where they wasted a lot of there mony on garou knights who nobody cared about
Jun 5, 2015 9:12 PM

Mar 2012
Next week is my favorite yet brief moment of Gray and Juvia bonding.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 5, 2015 9:26 PM

Jun 2013
Liked the art and animation in this episode. Curses are pretty deadly.
Jun 5, 2015 9:36 PM

Dec 2013
Good episode. Recap went for too long. Felt like I was watching One Piece -_-

Michello was pretty annoying. So thankful when Natsu knocked him out.

Are you all ready for
Jun 5, 2015 9:40 PM

May 2013
Jackal was so intense this episode. Sure he got a beating, but he returned the favor that quickly made Natsu unconscious.
The action was good, but it was slow. Too much recaps in the early minutes.
Next episode should be the great fight I've been waiting for.
Jun 5, 2015 10:14 PM

Aug 2012
Way too long of a recap. Good episode though with the fight between Natsu and Jackal. Seriously that old man was so annoying, should've died. Based from the preview the moment we all been waiting for (manga readers will know) hehe lol.
Jun 5, 2015 10:40 PM

Mar 2014
Great episode started with a good fight and some new info on what Tartaros wants but seriously wtf was with the 7 and a half minutes of intro and op
Jun 6, 2015 12:41 AM

Dec 2014
so natsu can direct the explosion inside his body...thats a great way to cover the explosion damage and as a dragonslayer he can endure almost any thing inside his body..that

in the end.looking forward to natsu's berserk(dragon force) mode it has always gave me chills..

Jun 6, 2015 12:53 AM

Apr 2013
Dat 8 minute recap THOUGH.

Great episode and fight though. So it was worth it. Can't wait for the next episodes, so hyped + excited. LOL that council old man pisses me off so much, glad Natsu gave him a good hitting.
Jun 6, 2015 2:47 AM

Jul 2007
G_Spark233 said:

Are you all ready for

at LEAST it seems they will
Jun 6, 2015 3:00 AM

May 2009
Well, that last bit with Natsu was fucking awesome.
Jun 6, 2015 4:09 AM

Jan 2015
7 minute recaps are back? Goddammit. Well at least the episode itself was amazing.

NeoAnkara said:
Spoiler.
Why do you have to spoil the next episode? This is a discussion page for this episode and nothing else.
Jun 6, 2015 4:12 AM

Jul 2014
What's up with 7 minutes of recap? Is this Bleach or something?

Natsu was badass (ok he never isn't) and it was pretty entertaining.
Jun 6, 2015 4:44 AM

Jun 2013
long recap the fuck why? maybe they don't wanna get too close to the manga natsu fucked him up good but to no avail of course and they kinda raised the violance level a bit which is good well that was short but amazing at least
Jun 6, 2015 4:45 AM

Apr 2008
Axelucard_ said:
long recap the fuck why? maybe they don't wanna get too close to the manga natsu fucked him up good but to no avail of course and they kinda raised the violance level a bit which is good well that was short but amazing at least

The fight vs Jackal was shorter to animate than how long it took in the manga since most of it was just fast motion. THey didn't skip anything in the fight either and ended it exactly at two chapters. Yeah long preview sucked but better than to end it in the middle of a third chapter.
Jun 6, 2015 5:11 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Axelucard_ said:

The fight vs Jackal was shorter to animate than how long it took in the manga since most of it was just fast motion. THey didn't skip anything in the fight either and ended it exactly at two chapters. Yeah long preview sucked but better than to end it in the middle of a third chapter.

Pacing it the way they did ALSO makes perfect sense considering my points above.
Jun 6, 2015 5:12 AM

Dec 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Axelucard_ said:

^This. They're for the most part sticking to 2 chapters per episode pacing. Some chapters will provide plenty of content for an episode, while other purely action based chapters will either get anime expansion or longer recaps to compensate. Don't worry though, this won't become Bleach or Hitman Reborn where the recaps sometimes were longer than the new material. Unlike those series Fairy Tail anime is nowhere near catching up to the manga and Hiro wouldn't let it, so don't expect long recaps every single episode.
Jun 6, 2015 6:46 AM
Apr 2015
aside from six minutes of uselessness, i love the whole episode. recaps are better than random horrible fillers. loved the fight as well, exactly the way I remembered it from the manga.

also, that old geezer is annoying. his voice and his selfishness makes me sick. he deserved more that what Natsu punched him for.

next week tho...
comingsmileJun 6, 2015 6:49 AM
Jun 6, 2015 7:06 AM

Sep 2014
Awesome episode, this fight is even better animated!
Though I kinda wished jackal would've blown that old geezer's guts across the walls, he is so annoying! abusing his position as former member of the council, added by the fact that he left his grand daughter behind to save his own skin, and then proceeds to tell everyone why they should value his life more than anyone elses, glad natsu knocked him out.
Jun 6, 2015 7:10 AM

Feb 2015
This episode goes like "Curses are stronger than magic but guess what, Natsu is even stronger!"
There was only one big problem with this episode... Why the hell was the recap so long?!
Jun 6, 2015 7:10 AM

Sep 2014
I can't believe I'm saying this but this was a GREAT FT episode! FINALLY! FINALLY! Natsu isn't a worthless piece of shite who gets his arse handed to him by EVERYONE in EVERY fight. He was almost as great as when he faced Sting and Rogue at the same time. Great stuff.
Jun 6, 2015 7:14 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I kinda wished that Michello had blown up.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 6, 2015 7:27 AM

Mar 2012
Zemroid said:
7 minute recaps are back? Goddammit. Well at least the episode itself was amazing.

NeoAnkara said:
Spoiler.
Why do you have to spoil the next episode? This is a discussion page for this episode and nothing else.
It's on next episode preview. And that's also part of this episode.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 6, 2015 7:57 AM

Sep 2014
I was even wondering if it's a new episode I'm watching when I saw that recap...
Glad Natsu punched that geezer, he pissed me off so much. That guy former council member... seems legit.
Hard choice for Lucy, although all things considered I would've gone for the woman in an instant ^^
Natsu at the end was pretty cool.
Looking forward to the next episode.
Jun 6, 2015 9:24 AM

May 2014
Very much good action. They did a very good job with the animation. Hmm, I think in the manga there is no more prolouge chapters, but it seems like they still have another one in the anime (I think). The next ep. gonna be very wtf? HHaha, a very funny end though. Not gonna say anymore since I don't want to spoil the fun. :)
Jun 6, 2015 9:28 AM
Mar 2015
has anyone seen the latest images of upcoming anime,its a pv with spoiler imagesa nd is available on youtube, i dont know how to post video so...
although from the video ,it seems they are already done animating tartarus arc or atleast near the end
Jun 6, 2015 9:28 AM

May 2014
G_Spark233 said:
Good episode. Recap went for too long. Felt like I was watching One Piece -_-

Michello was pretty annoying. So thankful when Natsu knocked him out.

Are you all ready for

hahhaa, Ikr. But hey dude plz don't spoil. not everyone have read the manga for the next ep. And u know this action can ban u from the site. ^^ Even with spoiler alert.
Jun 6, 2015 11:22 AM

Jan 2015
Harrymanhunter said:
I can't believe I'm saying this but this was a GREAT FT episode! FINALLY! FINALLY! Natsu isn't a worthless piece of shite who gets his arse handed to him by EVERYONE in EVERY fight. He was almost as great as when he faced Sting and Rogue at the same time. Great stuff.

Natsu always kicks ass though...

Nice episode, the recaps though, they pissed me off so much I just skipped it. 5/5 though, I wonder when we're getting a new OP/ED.
Jun 6, 2015 11:52 AM

Apr 2008
3DChaos said:
Harrymanhunter said:

Natsu always kicks ass though...

Nice episode, the recaps though, they pissed me off so much I just skipped it. 5/5 though, I wonder when we're getting a new OP/ED.

Maybe the episode after the next since next episode should conclude the prologue
Jun 6, 2015 12:10 PM

May 2014
Omg Jackal my favorite FT character 💜
I hope he'll last longer than just the next episode 😍
Jun 6, 2015 1:12 PM

Aug 2014
So when exactly will the prologue finish?
Jun 6, 2015 1:23 PM

Apr 2008
Crips said:
So when exactly will the prologue finish?

Judging from the preview, most likely after next week
Jun 6, 2015 1:36 PM

Mar 2015
Am I dreaming? From an 24 min episode they took almost 8 minutes for the recap? When I watched the episode I had to check if I watch the recent one because I already saw everything. Good thing I read the manga, otherwise I would be disappointed. Wait 7 days for 15 min new content.

BTW: Am I the only one who thinks Jackal is actually quite kawai? :D
HelenusJun 6, 2015 1:45 PM
Jun 6, 2015 3:17 PM

Nov 2014
8 minute recap, FT has officially moseyed down the Grand Line into the New World. >.>

Michello is such a piece of shit. Just die.

I thought the grandaughter was BSing about being pregnant in the manga, and it looked like she was here too... maybe it will be more clear next week? Dunno. I mean, that seems like the kind of thing you'd mention right away, if someone came to your house and said your life was in danger. Maybe being a garbage human being runs in the family.

OP Natsu preparing to destroy Jackal just made me want to see
animated. Dammit!
Quality Queen.
Jun 6, 2015 3:58 PM
Feb 2015
Natsu is awesome as usual. Didn't expect him to become unconscious. Wow that evil guy uses curses. Can't belive he tried to make lucy pick to save the pregnant woman or the councilor. That guy pisses me off, left his granddaughter and expects people to protect him....

Looking forward to the battle between natsu and that Guy.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.