Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 16, 2010 5:13 PM

Jul 2008
Absolutely love the OP. Both music and art
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2010 6:27 PM
Jan 2009
The animation is what really got me. It was so beautiful.
I can't wait to see more of this.
Apr 16, 2010 6:54 PM

Nov 2007
This show has a nice OP.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 16, 2010 7:26 PM

Oct 2008
Seems like an alright anime.

Was annoyed by the art, but then slowly started liking it.

I also like the seiyuus being voiced by each character. :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 16, 2010 8:07 PM

Aug 2008
I'm digging this show. The art is cool, with awesome backgrounds and composition, the characters' quirkiness is as subtle, yet present as the art, and the interactions are very entertaining. This episode didn't really do anything wrong as far as first episodes go, and I greatly appreciate it. I hope it doesn't fall apart like most of Manglobe's shows tend to do for me.

Also, the cat is adorable, and I'm already putting Ichi/Akitsu together in my head. Not bad at all.
Apr 16, 2010 8:19 PM

Feb 2008
I really enjoyed this. Wonderfully quirky characters and designs. And the slow, relaxing atmosphere of the show is exactly what I like in anime.

I'm loving Yaichi. Doesn't hut that Sakurai Takahiro has such an amazingly sexy voice. It's like Kusuriuri all over again with this character *__*
Apr 16, 2010 8:30 PM

Apr 2009
Loved the OP. I'll keep my eye on the show, it has signs of being good.
Apr 16, 2010 9:17 PM

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:
I'm already putting Ichi/Akitsu together in my head. Not bad at all.

Was just going to comment on this. :P This show has amazing slash potential.
Apr 16, 2010 9:19 PM

Aug 2009
yamakasi said:
noteDhero said:

Ugh...why'd you make me think about this...That's probably on purpose too...
Apr 16, 2010 9:21 PM

Aug 2008
Can't help it. It was right there when he put the short sword to his throat.
Apr 16, 2010 10:24 PM

Jun 2009
Don't really like it :/
Apr 17, 2010 12:46 AM

Apr 2009
When Akitsu says at 8:03, 'utsukushii hito de gozaru', is that meant to be ambiguous? Funi translated it as 'woman', but it really means 'person' and then we have focus on Yaichi who gets this ~slow motion~ introduction often used to emphasize how striking/pretty someone is.
hikoghertApr 17, 2010 12:58 AM
Apr 17, 2010 3:49 AM

Nov 2008
great series. I WANNA MORE.
bobek784May 17, 2010 7:59 AM
Apr 17, 2010 4:02 AM
Jul 2008
Well the art is certainly strange.
All characters remind me of those 3 fish boys in Seto no Hanayome lol

The music was very good. I liked that.
Very interesting, will continue to watch.
Apr 17, 2010 8:35 AM

Nov 2008
I didn't expect such a music in a samurai series, but it's ok.
I absolutely love the art. :3 It's so cool~
Also, the plot seems to be nice.
I wasn't sure if to watch it, but I think I'll stick to it. :3
Apr 17, 2010 9:04 AM

Mar 2008
Impressive first epi, that's all I gotta say. x3 Love the artwork and music.
Apr 17, 2010 9:53 AM

Mar 2010
garfield15 said:
yamakasi said:
noteDhero said:

Ugh...why'd you make me think about this...That's probably on purpose too...

Haha.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.
Apr 17, 2010 11:32 AM

Aug 2008
Oh really? The cache of this has gone up that much more if this is in any way intentional.
Apr 17, 2010 12:45 PM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
Oh really? The cache of this has gone up that much more if this is in any way intentional.
Should we be happy or sad?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 17, 2010 3:31 PM

Aug 2009
namelessfairy said:
noteDhero said:
Can't help it. It was right there when he put the short sword to his throat.

Totally seconding this.

Plus, Natsume Ono has written yaoi manga before, so it wouldn't surprise me if she teased the readers every so often by throwing in some Ichi/Akitsu scenes, along the lines of what noteDhero mentioned.

I thought if I avoided UraBoku, I'd get out of the BL equivalent of this season! :P

(J/K, I'm gonna keep watching this. It's a good show)
Apr 17, 2010 4:35 PM

May 2009
Subs where? Is funimation american only? 'cause I can't find any streams on their site.

edit: Not that I'm going to watch it streamed...
Apr 17, 2010 5:02 PM

Apr 2010
stAtic91 said:
Subs where? Is funimation american only? 'cause I can't find any streams on their site.

edit: Not that I'm going to watch it streamed...

mkv + FUNi subs : http://www.tokyotosho.info/details.php?id=304347
Apr 17, 2010 5:25 PM

May 2009
~ Sankyuu.
Apr 17, 2010 5:50 PM

Nov 2009
I have stayed away from seinen with this type of character art in the past, but wow this really surprised me. Apparently somebody said this was going to be comedic? I really don't get that sort of impression at all; will find out next week.
Apr 17, 2010 7:06 PM

Jun 2009
Quotes:

Well it seems like Ono Natsume keeps her BL and Non-BL titles strictly seperated.
The only thing really leaning towards BL was her basso名義 series.

Ristorante Paradiso, LA QUINTA CAMERA and GENTE had strange relationships, but nothing being really BL...okay I don't know if one thing in Camera is supposed to develop towards a homo-relationship...haven't read that far.

If Saraiya should really offer something like that I would be surprised (not unpleasently, but still...).
Okay yes...I also thought the 美しい人で御座る line was strange.
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
Apr 19, 2010 1:01 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I think it'll take me a while to get used to the character designs, but other than that, I really liked it :)

Looking forward to the next episode.
p r o f i l e 👀
Apr 19, 2010 12:25 PM

Aug 2009
LaAmaya said:
I absolutely love the art.

i agree i agree

it was a really slow start, but i found that i enjoy the story enough that the slow pace suited it very well. i don't think i could take it if all the episodes were at that pace, though.
yeh i like this "personality" issue
Apr 19, 2010 3:11 PM

Apr 2010
hi there :)

the anime is awesome !!!! does anyone know where i could find the ending song to download ?? its brilliant!!!!!!!
Apr 19, 2010 4:38 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
dmonte said:
LaAmaya said:
i agree i agree
err... Have you guys ever heard of Samurai Champloo? -_____-
RIP Nujabes
p r o f i l e 👀
Apr 19, 2010 6:32 PM

Dec 2008
ahh sweetie so cute series, I really liked the art, I think it´s better than ristorante paradiso in art cuz ristorante looked so old

The story is entertaining and also looks good, with funny and seirous parts good balance

I loved the neko xD
Apr 20, 2010 12:11 PM

Apr 2009
After 1 ep I can already say that I'll like it. The first thing is the unique art - well, in one word: beautiful. The second thing is this tranquil atmosphere - the plot seems to go on on its own, unhurried pace - it's very slow, but absolutely not boring.
This anime is just kinda... different.

Apr 20, 2010 1:37 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Animation is kinda weird, but I'll go with this anime for now.

Apr 21, 2010 2:56 AM

Apr 2009
wtb subs!
Apr 21, 2010 3:25 AM

Jul 2009
Well, the art is weird but the story looks promising. I'll continue watching it.
Apr 21, 2010 4:42 AM

Mar 2008
I love it! Ah, about time for a breath of fresh air :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2010 11:14 AM

May 2008
Ah finally a series this season that started well enough.
Apr 21, 2010 3:07 PM

Aug 2009
Naruleach said:
dmonte said:
LaAmaya said:
i agree i agree
RIP Nujabes

PISH sorry, not really like the art in champloo. you should refresh your memory. at least in the animes. the characters in Saraiya Goyou are drawn with less facial detail for one thing
Apr 21, 2010 4:45 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
dmonte said:
Naruleach said:
dmonte said:
LaAmaya said:
i agree i agree
RIP Nujabes
PISH sorry, not really like the art in champloo. you should refresh your memory. at least in the animes. the characters in Saraiya Goyou are drawn with less facial detail for one thing
I was referring to the fact that you agreed with "I didn't expect such a music in a samurai series, but it's ok," not the art. Hence, why I bolded that phrase. The art is very different from Samurai Champloo, yes. I never said they were similar. I only mentioned Samurai Champloo because it has an amazing soundtrack and music and I feel like the style of Samurai Champloo's music is similar to Saraiya Goyou's. I'm annoyed that I had to spell everything out for you in order for you to understand what I meant.
p r o f i l e 👀
Apr 21, 2010 6:54 PM

Feb 2009
The characters looks like alien to me, but the decor is so beautiful and relaxing.
Apr 22, 2010 5:06 AM

Aug 2009
Naruleach said:
dmonte said:
Naruleach said:
dmonte said:
LaAmaya said:
i agree i agree
RIP Nujabes
I was referring to the fact that you agreed with "I didn't expect such a music in a samurai series, but it's ok," not the art. Hence, why I bolded that phrase. The art is very different from Samurai Champloo, yes. I never said they were similar. I only mentioned Samurai Champloo because it has an amazing soundtrack and music and I feel like the style of Samurai Champloo's music is similar to Saraiya Goyou's. I'm annoyed that I had to spell everything out for you in order for you to understand what I meant.

well then you're getting annoyed with me over nothing because i was agreeing with the art comment not about the music.
basically we didnt understand each other from the start
Apr 25, 2010 2:16 AM

Apr 2009
nice episode...
Apr 25, 2010 1:10 PM

Dec 2008
noteDhero said:

I hope the sexual tension was intentional. It bothers me when things are put in only as teasing fanservice just to get viewers, but if Yaichi is actually gay then I'm much more satisfied with that. I don't care about "slash potential," because fanficiton is usually terrible, but canonical sexual tension is certainly welcomed.

I rather like Yaichi's voice, too, and his white hair had me thinking it was the guy who voiced Ginko, but I had him confused with another wandering character — it's the guy who voiced Kusuriuri. Obviously a fine choice.

Very nice first episode. Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei/Tatami Galaxy is the only show that has impressed me more so far this season, but House of Five Leaves is far better than most other things if this episode is fair indication.
Apr 25, 2010 1:47 PM

Feb 2008
This should be getting interesting. Love the art and setting.
Also, Manglobe's badassery never let me down yet.
Apr 29, 2010 2:34 PM

Jul 2008
I loved the atmosphere this episode managed to create. Also, I listen to that OP like five times. <3

BEGINNER
May 1, 2010 8:07 AM

Jun 2009
Their faces annoy me. Meh, we'll see how it turns out.
May 3, 2010 12:16 AM

Dec 2008
I really tried to find a liking for this show,but after the first episode I felt really bored and didn't liked the look of the characters at all.

I won't say that it is a bad show, but I didn't liked what I saw.

Maybe I'll try to watch it again after the show aired it last episode and a final review comes out.
FabienneMay 7, 2010 9:55 AM
May 5, 2010 4:28 AM

Jul 2008
Love at first sight is the only thing goes in my mind while I was watching the firts ep. Both chracters and storyline are interesting and everything seems so well balanced. I'm sure that this anime will be my favourite in this season:)
I'm only a girl with metaphysical soles...
May 5, 2010 6:13 AM

Aug 2009
Loved this first episode! *-*

This anime has a strange "aura" *-* It's so different and original by first look ;D
May 7, 2010 12:15 PM

Dec 2008
antitype said:
noteDhero said:

I hope the sexual tension was intentional. It bothers me when things are put in only as teasing fanservice just to get viewers, but if Yaichi is actually gay then I'm much more satisfied with that. I don't care about "slash potential," because fanficiton is usually terrible, but canonical sexual tension is certainly welcomed.

I rather like Yaichi's voice, too, and his white hair had me thinking it was the guy who voiced Ginko, but I had him confused with another wandering character — it's the guy who voiced Kusuriuri. Obviously a fine choice.

Very nice first episode. Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei/Tatami Galaxy is the only show that has impressed me more so far this season, but House of Five Leaves is far better than most other things if this episode is fair indication.

I hope not. Yaishi is too cool to be yaoyi :( I hope they go mainstream and stay away from the erotic. The op is fantastic definitely not what I would expect for a samurai series, same for the art style. The story is interesting enough, no need to twist it in such a direction to reel in viewers bah. I hope they are not doing tat
May 9, 2010 6:59 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Awesome cat.

Very very solid first episode. Keep up the good work!
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saraiya Goyou Episode 5 Discussion

Dunky - May 13, 2010

38 by Dywei »»
Jan 28, 4:49 AM

Poll: » Saraiya Goyou Episode 7 Discussion

plagalcadence - May 27, 2010

32 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
May 20, 2023 1:18 PM

Poll: » Saraiya Goyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bbobjs - Apr 22, 2010

68 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
May 16, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Saraiya Goyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

controlmajortom - Jul 1, 2010

136 by Nemo_Niemand »»
Dec 15, 2022 1:00 PM

Poll: » Saraiya Goyou Episode 8 Discussion

Dunky - Jun 3, 2010

36 by Flonex »»
Sep 17, 2022 11:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.