Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 10, 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
If only Tokiyuki had stealth and disguise techniques on the level of Kazuma, he wouldn't get caught so easily.

This episode had a mischief vibe but I love the chemistry among the cast. The eyeball reaction meme is still there as well. Sure hope Tokiyuki learned something from this experience.
Aug 10, 7:58 AM

Dec 2021
Let the invasion begin.

After having tow OK episodes back-to-back, we finally back to that good directing and animation. That aside, what a little rotten brat, trying to leave Tokiyuki and escape... He's lucky that Tokiyuki's a shounen MC, otherwise he would've gone. Speaking of people I want gone, can we please kill this quirky duo of Mr. Big Eye and Ears... QUICKLY. I can't stand them any longer.

Seeing as a I want both of them dead, you can imagine the smile on my face when I saw Genba just toying with these fools. With stellar animation to back it up as well, ofc. With those fools down, it's back to the main objective of defeating Takauji, to which just absolutely OBLITERATED that entire team. I still see no way for these idiots to beat him.

We're getting closer and closer to that battle against Tokiyuki and Takauji.

Aug 10, 9:20 AM

Feb 2019
Cloverworks were back to their best in this episode, it looked great and that Takauji/Emperor’s son scene at the end was sublime.

Two kids up against super hearing and super sight, what could possibly go wrong. In perhaps the most unsurprising twist of all time Genba tried betraying Tokiyuki, but Tokiyuki embracing and accepting him was too much for even Genba to resist leading to them working together to escape. Now that whole scene just looked gorgeous, Genba using the environment and his agility to overstimulate Sadamune’s lieutenant’s super hearing. Love how they visualised his rapid movements

“Always take the money, even if you like them” pretty solid advice for anything in life really lmao. But Genba definitely respects Tokiyuki and is going to be a good ally now. That was probably Yorishige’s secondary intent sending them in on this mission together. Good bonding experience and they got rid of the imperial command which means the Suwa land is safe!

Did not expect to see Genba’s whole ass out at the party tho 😂

The ending with the emperor son running thru the crowd as everyone welcomes and celebrates Takauji as a hero is one of the most creative and visually scintillating scenes I’ve ever seen. Absolutely horrifying how Go-Daigo’s own son is forgotten about by the crowd and they flock to Takauji. Otherworldly strength, charisma and an evil lurking within.. Tokiyuki is a looong way from being able to take him down but I’m excited for the journey.
Marinate1016Aug 10, 10:03 AM
Aug 10, 9:33 AM

Aug 2011
Absolutely adorable episode. The gayness was sooooo strong that my heart couldn't handle it. Lol. The details were nice too and animation was going up again. But the quality of the animation is still... well.... lacking a bit. But it seemed more like the episode was released too early at some moments. Like with the moving of the horses when not using CGI. Soooo... Yeah. It was still a nice episode~
Life is too short for looking at the past. Enjoy your 'now' and just prepare a bit for the future~
Aug 10, 9:41 AM

Mar 2021
Really nice episode, I so can't wait to see Tokiyuki and Takauji face off it will be amazing.
Aug 10, 9:59 AM
Jan 2023
Another good episode :D Animation is kinda back, I hope they can somehow maintain it or make it better. Tokiyuki and Genba together are so wholesome and funny lol
Aug 10, 10:05 AM

Jul 2017
Visually and direction-wise, this was closer to the earlier standards this set and it was mostly good (the stuff involving horses didn't look too bad either). I won't go on a tirade about the comedy again but besides that, the plot was pretty standard as a whole. The production efforts are promising, even if some sequences because of how overly well done they are have kind of a reverse effect on me for feeling way too forced. Genba's character did grow a bit tiring on me compared to last episode so everyone's on the same playing field now with being pretty meh.
Aug 10, 10:20 AM

Aug 2011
Reply to Reecey91
Really nice episode, I so can't wait to see Tokiyuki and Takauji face off it will be amazing.
@Reecey91 Don't expect it in this season tho
Life is too short for looking at the past. Enjoy your 'now' and just prepare a bit for the future~
Aug 10, 10:27 AM
Sep 2023
Estuvo bueno el capitulo
Aug 10, 10:45 AM
Oct 2016
Tokiyuki and Genba successfully completed their mission! They went above and beyond actually, instead of just stealing the imperial order they burned it. That's actually much better since there's no way to recover it after that. The escape by Tokiyuki and Genba was awesome, lots of great styles in the animation. They kinda had a cool down period with the production in the archery match episodes but in this one we got that unique flair again from the early episodes. Genba skills are very impressive, hes a ninja in every sense of the word. Running through the forest with Tokiyuki to escape the very impressive ear subordinate of Sadamune. How the show displayed his hearing ability was very cool, matched up with Sadamune and his eyesight they made a nearly deadly combination. Their ears and eyes respectively talking to one another looked so creepy but effective in how they use their talents to track Tokiyuki and Genba. Whom almost completely abandoned Tokiyuki thinking that was the only way out of the situation. Tokiyuki showing his good nature protecting Genba from that long sword slash. Genba returning the favor by occupying the two old geezers as Tokiyuki could be recovered by Ayako and Kojirou. Genba zooming around lighting the forest on fire around them looked incredible. I really liked that scene. Showed us how talented Genba really is. An awesome display of the production and the characters both. While our maim group is growing and forming stronger bonds, Takauji is gaining influence among the people and the imperium. Showing how increasingly dangerous he's becoming
Aug 10, 10:47 AM
Oct 2016
Reply to animejas
Visually and direction-wise, this was closer to the earlier standards this set and it was mostly good (the stuff involving horses didn't look too bad either). I won't go on a tirade about the comedy again but besides that, the plot was pretty standard as a whole. The production efforts are promising, even if some sequences because of how overly well done they are have kind of a reverse effect on me for feeling way too forced. Genba's character did grow a bit tiring on me compared to last episode so everyone's on the same playing field now with being pretty meh.
@animejas Such a hater lmfao. Production good equals over done but production bad equals not doing enough. Make it make sense 😂😂 you're ridiculous. Gtfo with this hate watching you bozo
Aug 10, 11:03 AM

May 2020
I don't think this episode has completely redeemed this show for the previous two, but that was super fun and beautiful to look at. I hope we get more like this.
Aug 10, 11:07 AM

Mar 2021
Mad respect to CloverWorks, this was a really ambitious episode overall. It really isn't my cup of tea at all - the anime has had lots of weird moments throughout and this one was by far the most uncomfortable watch yet. And yet it is still sort of mesmerizing in its weirdness. I can't tell if I like or hate it but I guess I'll keep watching until I find out
Aug 10, 11:19 AM

Jul 2024
This keeps getting better, some stellar action and animation in this ep. Lots of gore too. Gotta love gore!
joemaamahAug 10, 11:23 AM
Aug 10, 11:48 AM

Jan 2009
genba joins the group now
Aug 10, 12:12 PM
Jul 2024
Reply to Stark700
If only Tokiyuki had stealth and disguise techniques on the level of Kazuma, he wouldn't get caught so easily.

This episode had a mischief vibe but I love the chemistry among the cast. The eyeball reaction meme is still there as well. Sure hope Tokiyuki learned something from this experience.
@Stark700 Man, I'm glad we got rid of that bug eyed nuisance. His design alone drove me crazy.
Aug 10, 12:47 PM
Mar 2023
@ghooul

Episode 6 Core Staff:

Script: Rino Yamazaki
Episode Director: Youko Kikuchi
Storyboard: Youko Kikuchi
Animation Director: Nogya

Aug 10, 1:48 PM

Oct 2017
Genba didn't betray Tokiyuki and he got a strong ally. Visuals looked good in the action scenes. The scene at the end with Takauji was horrifying. The prince should join Tokiyuki.
Aug 10, 3:13 PM
Jun 2007
Animation was once again goated, I can't believe they're not only keeping this up, but actually improving??? I mean, it's a fun show, but I wouldn't have expected THIS to get all the love from CloverWorks. This is the kind of love that's usually given to insanely popular manga.

Also, only just now realized Yuuki Aoi voices Genba. I knew she was talented, but had no idea her range was THIS impressive!
Aug 10, 5:27 PM

Jan 2010
I've been having an absolute blast with this show. The animation is top notch, the characters are aloof in the best way possible, and the music is full of bangers. This episode again showed to me how independent the style is. It has the most attitude of any show this season by a mile.
Aug 10, 5:36 PM
Jan 2022
bro this a 10/10 anime its crazy theres haters
Aug 10, 6:09 PM
Mar 2019
First time seeing helicoptering in anime
Aug 10, 7:16 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to eksratu
I don't think this episode has completely redeemed this show for the previous two, but that was super fun and beautiful to look at. I hope we get more like this.
@eksratu

Some of the animation choices in this episode were amazing.

And some were creepy.

Overall a great episode. This has been a real sleeper series this season.
Aug 10, 8:12 PM

Apr 2022
some cool visuals again but welp, more weirdos.
Aug 10, 10:31 PM

Jul 2023
I'm impressed by the animation. The imagery gives off a weird, unsettling vibe.

Yes, they stole the Imperial Edict, which in itself is impressive. But the battle between out main villain and the emperor's son is on another level.
Aug 10, 10:38 PM

Aug 2019
Takauji is actually terrifying.
Aug 10, 11:06 PM
Feb 2024
Just caught up on the previous three episodes. Really getting invested in this series now..

...last 2 minutes of this episode were kinda a mindscrew.
Aug 11, 1:28 AM
Jul 2024
YESSIR IM GOING TO WATCH IT RN
Aug 11, 1:57 AM
Jul 2024
5/5 I'm going to rewatch it
Aug 11, 2:23 AM

Jun 2020
A pure eye and ear fest. This anime is has such an amazing way to encapsulate us in it's realm until the whole length of the episodes. All the crew members from studio are putting their amazing effort.

The running sequence from Sadamune and his suck-up, the Genba's antics and his bonding with Waka-sama and the cherry on top is the Takauji sequence in this episiode.

This anime is topping the chart all around for me be it the characters, story, sequence and staging, sakuga animation moments, opening music, ending music and even voice acting. Everything is just looking seamless and perfect.
RKASHYAP621Aug 11, 2:32 AM
Aug 11, 3:51 AM
Sep 2023
I like this episode A LOT. I especially liked how they illustrated the part when Tokiyuki said he wouldn't betray Genbu, even though Genbu was betraying him. The explanation from the narrator about the real history where Tokiyuki remained loyal to all his allies was super interesting
Aug 11, 4:13 AM

Jul 2017
Genba and Tokiyuki may have got their way out, but as good as Sadamune's archery and Sukefusa Ichikawa's stealth skills are in sniffing the two boys out, they're still not out of danger yet. Still, Genba tries to get a one-up by abandoning Tokiyuki, but fails due to Sukefusa's valiant stealth, and has to get helped by the latter to escape the thinnest of blade cuts. Together, these two are the literate definition of freaks, and Genba is not scared to intimidate them with Tokiyuki's help behind the scenes to separate them from the main residence and burn the warehouse down, which contains the Imperial Command.

The Suwa citizens are spared from Sadamune, though Takauji's assassination of the Kamakura Shogunate, as decided by the Emperor, is a fallacy, retaining both Hojo and Suwa lands. At the very least, Emperor Godaigo's son Morikoshi knows of Takauji's betrayal and attempts to go after him, though there's no hell of a chance to defeat him in this manner, just beheading people like it's an easy feat, leading more people to him and his charisma, the likeminded-ness akin to be the next succeeding Emperor.

Forever eternal enemies, Tokiyuki and Takauji.
Aug 11, 4:35 AM

Oct 2016
I just got to say, the villains in this reminds me of Golden Kamuy characters bro lmao.
Aug 11, 4:44 AM
Dec 2013
Well, I didn't read this far in the manga, so I'm glad to finally be in uncharted territory and not know what's going to happen next, as this is the first episode where I didn't know what to expect.
Aug 11, 4:59 AM
Jan 2017
Some people will be confused if they watch this episode and learn about the historical situation 15 years later.

I won't go into detail here.
eikan0728Aug 12, 12:10 AM
Aug 11, 5:00 AM
Oct 2022
This is by far the best anime from Summer 2024 anime season in my opinion. The way that past events are presented, how Kamakura shogunate is being reconquered and Tokiyuki’s adventures with Suwa clan are extremely great.

Takauji Ashikaga surely is the strongest warrior. He must work hard and come with strong techniques in order to defeat him and take back the Kamakura. It seems that Sadamune won’t be a bother for a while.

The animation is peak. The most beautiful moment from this episode was when Genba lit those flames to his rope when he fought Sadamune.

Aug 11, 5:26 AM

Jun 2016
holy fuck i always impressed with the animation ..

but the comedy not too bad !!
Aug 11, 6:33 AM
Jun 2016
The artistic team on this show are so tapped into the source material and are showing their love and understanding of it in a way that it feels not even the original source material is. It's kind of impressive. Making the most of an above average manga in a way that makes me realize maybe it's much better than the adaptations of manga I enjoy more!

When was the last time you've seen an anime production vibrating on the same frequency as the manga author's dream scenario?
Aug 11, 7:38 AM
Oct 2019
Holy fck that Takauji scene.

It's crazy how the episode goes and we got happy funny song as the ED LMAO
Aug 11, 7:44 AM

Nov 2013
Wtf was this episode? So many fever-dream moments.
Aug 11, 9:36 AM

Jan 2024
"Papers ar not to be stolen, it's more fun to burn" _Genba 1333

The cooked so hard with that Moriyoshi Takauji scene. CINEMA.
Aug 11, 10:31 AM

Jan 2016
Genba such a good guy
will play tag with many generations

Those eyes and ears need to get a room >.<

Not sure why he let's that one guy live, but imperial degree: heads are illegal! remove them!

One side is on top of world, one side is on bottom of world. My bets on the USA

Aug 11, 11:45 AM
Feb 2023
Animation kinda meh

Sometimes, they forget to put eyes, nose, mouth, feel like Slenderman

Overall, best episode without annoying Yorishige
Aug 11, 12:18 PM
Mar 2018
From scary, to wholesome, to scary again, and, finally, funny, this episode was all over the place! It was good, though; I can't say I was ever bored.
Aug 11, 12:25 PM
Oct 2020
Holy they made Takauji so fucking terrifying and seem so out of this world. Like seriously wtf is he.

The emperor's son was right in not trusting Takauji but too fucking dumb to confront Takauji head-on like that when Takauji is so much fucking stronger. That scene was mind bending.
Aug 11, 1:54 PM

May 2019
I didn't expect Genba to provide gag comedy moments but he did towards the end especially when he got drunk. On the flip side, Takauji is a cunning demon-type strong character that won't be easily defeated and I see that Tokiyuki has a long road of training ahead of him before he even has a chance.
Aug 11, 2:31 PM
May 2020
And in the future they will call it Breaking the 4th Wall!
This is the number 1 show of the season!
And in my top ten for the year!
Aug 11, 2:35 PM

Dec 2010
The art direction of the Takauji scene was phenomenal. Watched it several times.
Aug 11, 6:26 PM
May 2024
Fun/weird/bizarre/pleasant/tense episode... I have several ways to describe all of this, but overall I liked it. Finally the CGI is over🙌

Ashikaga Takauji is really something to be feared, what a scene that was, it was all surreal!
Aug 11, 6:28 PM
May 2024
Reply to OrielBel
@ghooul

Episode 6 Core Staff:

Script: Rino Yamazaki
Episode Director: Youko Kikuchi
Storyboard: Youko Kikuchi
Animation Director: Nogya

@OrielBel Amazing direction 🔥🔥
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14

51 by perseii »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Spirelord - Aug 17

54 by JustMysterios »»
Yesterday, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 27

91 by biuberry »»
Yesterday, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 13

118 by Seabury »»
Sep 14, 6:46 PM

Poll: » Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

InfinityDude88 - Jul 2

167 by Seabury »»
Sep 14, 5:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.