Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 24, 4:08 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
That laugh from mamao was terrifying, but great at the same time. She went back to her regular ways as soon as she woke up describing the details in depth and even pointed out the ring leader. Only 4 more weeks and this season will be over :(
Feb 24, 4:35 PM

Apr 2022
was sad seeing maomao in that state, i know stitches suck. at least she's recovered though.
Feb 24, 4:40 PM

Mar 2020
Ok next episode will be the dog Lihaku-kun you know 🤣
Zorosuke_Feb 24, 4:53 PM
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Feb 24, 4:41 PM

Mar 2008
Okay so Jinshi isn't a eunuch. I wonder what the stuff he's drinking is. I assume some sort of herbal anti androgen but what? Perhaps chaste tree berry, white peony, reishi mushrooms, or red clover are among a few possible ingredients.
https://medicinalherbals.net/natural-anti-androgens/

Suirei making herself appear dead. Maomao mentioned thornapple (datura stramonium), and pufferfish. Pufferfish would mean tetrodotoxin. Tetrodotoxin can cause a person to appear dead by itself if they don't die. The thornapple isn't necessary as far as I am aware, that's just there to make someone delirious I think.
traedFeb 24, 5:21 PM
Feb 24, 5:24 PM

Nov 2023
It's been confirmed now that Jinshi isn't an eunuch and that he is only nineteen instead of twenty-four. 

Suirei being alive might cause more problems later in the future, and I'm interested if that ever happens.
Feb 24, 5:56 PM

Dec 2007
Weeb_Isekai said:
Relative to last episode, what could this episode do to top it? Even so, this episode was a bit disappointing. Everyone in last episode's discussion thought Jinshi's true identity was revealed but somehow Maomao doesn't know despite knowing the emperor's son and younger brother were swapped, thinking Jinshi looked like Concubine Ah-Duo, knowing nobles do the Buddhist rituals Jinshi does every month and that a noble would be targeted. No one else seems to have found out despite all the court officials bowing to him. It looks like next week is going to be a filler episode too.

she knows alright... she just doesn't want to know, and was conditioned to never make assumptions, she's being willfully ignorant and will remain so as long as its more advantageous to her...
Feb 24, 6:00 PM

Dec 2007
BlichoBoy said:
Suirei "The A Team'd(movie)" her way out.

The Emperor don't appreciate the cosplayer concubine, sadly.

Maomao got her old job back. Which is great, she was having her fun doing it.

no one can convince me that the cosplayer concubine is not just a ruse for her to switch with one or multiple of her ladies in waiting to do god knows what... I'm convinced of it since I read the manga chapter equivalent to this episode and the emperor's dislike was noted, but seeing it animated, she looks like a totally different girl altogether...
Feb 24, 6:35 PM

Oct 2017
Maomao with that evil laugh lol, cracked me. I wonder who was Suirei working with. Surely there was some high ranking official behind.

Jinshi and Gaoshun both take medicine to calm down eh lol, ig makes sense with all beauties around. Good to know Gaoshun has children and even grandchildren. Seems like Jinshi has a bit of a doubt about his originity too, I mean one look at him and Ah Duo and anyone can tell really. The previous empress Dowager is pretty. Hope to see her and know why she exchanged child with Ah Duo. Btw the current emperor dislikes lolis and is into mature women, man of culture. Loulan looks prettier without her normal dressups imo.

So back to Gyokuyo for Maomao. Ig she'll finally give birth to the prince.

People getting confused about Jinshi lol when it's really simple. Maomao literally explained it all.
MegamiRemMar 28, 12:41 AM
Feb 24, 7:26 PM
Mar 2019
As usual she is spot on in her reasoning.
She'd give Conan a run in solving complex cases.
Feb 24, 8:00 PM

Nov 2010
  • As some people already said, this episode seemed boring (compared to the previous episode). For some people including me, renderings of past incidents don't give them immersion. They would not like mystery in general.
  • traed said:
    Okay so Jinshi isn't a eunuch. I wonder what the stuff he's drinking is. I assume some sort of herbal anti androgen but what? Perhaps chaste tree berry, white peony, reishi mushrooms, or red clover are among a few possible ingredients.
    https://medicinalherbals.net/natural-anti-androgens/
    Refer to the follwings: kinrenka --> mashua --> Medicinal properties
  • I don't know what Romeo-and-Juliet drug was, but it seems anesthetics can cause similar effects.
  • While I was searching for "reviving technique", I found the opposite: "to kill with delay technique". There is a Japanese proverb: "doku wo motte doku wo seisu (control a poison with another poison)". The English equivalent would be "like curses like". It is usually used "if you want to eliminate an evil, then send another evil to him". I never thought it can apply literally, but it seems it can.
    If you apply "poison A that has positive effect for something" and "poison B that has negative effect" at the same time, those poisons cancel each other. and if those poisons have different life-times, you can control the time of death. The following is a real case that trick was used: wiki. some people...
Feb 24, 8:37 PM
Jan 2019
I always expected that Jinshi to not be an Eunouch. Because that would fulfill my headcannon of Jinshi and Maomao.

It was heavily implied that Jinshi is Ah Duo son previously because you CAN’T be that similiar to other person from another gender.
Feb 24, 9:03 PM

May 2019
While Suirei was definitely involved I think there were other co-conspirators and they could still be lurking within the palace. Besides that, Gyokuyou may be pregnant and Maomao is again working in the rear palace. Plus one of the Verdigris princesses is being bought out and I'm thinking Lakan may be the buyer.
Feb 24, 9:09 PM

Mar 2008

Huh I see, thanks. Mashua tubers seems fairly powerful in effect from what is written.

kuroneko99 said:
I don't know what Romeo-and-Juliet drug was, but it seems anesthetics can cause similar effects.

It means the drug used by Juliet to try to fake her death. No one knows for sure what Shakespeare meant. It's thought to possibly be belladonna, or bulrush, or leopards bane.
https://www.shakespearelives.org/poisons-potions/

kuroneko99 said:
While I was searching for "reviving technique", I found the opposite: "to kill with delay technique". There is a Japanese proverb: "doku wo motte doku wo seisu (control a poison with another poison)". The English equivalent would be "like curses like". It is usually used "if you want to eliminate an evil, then send another evil to him". I never thought it can apply literally, but it seems it can.
If you apply "poison A that has positive effect for something" and "poison B that has negative effect" at the same time, those poisons cancel each other. and if those poisons have different life-times, you can control the time of death. The following is a real case that trick was used: wiki. some people...

I didn't mention before but the suggested ingredients match that of what is suspected to be in Haitian zombie powder. Most famous case of it being used was on a man named Clairvius Narcisse. It's essentially used to make people appear dead even by modern medicine western trained doctors, then they dig up their graves and use these people as slaves and keep them from running by keeping them in a drugged up state purportedly using datura.

I'm unsure if similar appears in other cultures.
Feb 24, 9:49 PM
Jul 2020
mao mao become tanya LOL
Feb 24, 9:57 PM

Aug 2022
Yeah well just keep it up for this amazing episode.

Maomao is back, she's fine, but still with the recovery period, I liked her in this episode. Still Maomao was basically the one who wanted to keep trying new poisons and medicines.

And also Jinshi, he is still very young, 24 years old, we also know more about him this time.

Feb 24, 11:29 PM
Jul 2017
Reply to cancellingthebbq
@Orekin The subs that I read said 10-odd years, implying 19.
@cancellingthebbq
That's not what it usually means.

Expressions like “twenty-odd years,” “a dozen-odd people,” and “two hundred-odd mistakes” are usually written with a hyphen before the “odd” to indicate that the exact number is unknown—perhaps a bit higher than the stated number.
Feb 25, 1:12 AM
Nov 2019
Reply to Evelyn7495
ShiroNoFune said:
So can someone explain to me the whole situation with Jinshi? It's obvious by now that he's the Emperor's son with Ah-Duo and he's hiding it, but why? I must've missed something.

you didnt miss anything that was revealed until now. the reason will be known later.
if you don't mind spoilers, read on:

⚠️*SPOILER*⚠️

⬇️
@Evelyn7495 So Jinshi is officially the Emperor's brother? Is he not hiding that fact?
Feb 25, 1:27 AM
Jun 2020
ShiroNoFune said:
@Evelyn7495 So Jinshi is officially the Emperor's brother? Is he not hiding that fact?

Evelyn7495Feb 25, 11:55 AM
Feb 25, 2:02 AM
Sep 2021
Learned a lot about Jinshi's true identity & Maomao's a chad as always.
Feb 25, 5:43 AM

Sep 2009
Reply to Asukadesuuuu
Dan_ALves said:
@Asukadesuuuu So if Jinshi is 19 and the current emperor is 34, then the emperor was 15 when he had a son with Ah-Duo?

yes thats correct
@Asukadesuuuu one ciorrection. Around a year passed since the start of the series. So the Emperror was 16 when his son was born.
Feb 25, 7:47 AM

Jul 2016
Maomao's evil laugh was just as random as it was unhinged, and it was great.

Knew Suiran had something more to her than she appeared but never expected her to be playing 5D chess with everyone.
Feb 25, 10:12 AM
Sep 2016
This EP: EXPOSITION GALORE!!!!!! Wow, I didn't remember there to be so much expositions in this part of the story....

Also:
- Unpopular opinion: Maomao x Suirei (or the other way around). Do we dare to let the yuri ship sail!?
- Huh, I never knew Luolan would look THAT good in western dresses....

Next week:
Wait, Pairin!? Wasn't it supposed to be Meimei tho? Did I misremembering something?
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Feb 25, 10:14 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to Evelyn7495
ShiroNoFune said:
So can someone explain to me the whole situation with Jinshi? It's obvious by now that he's the Emperor's son with Ah-Duo and he's hiding it, but why? I must've missed something.

you didnt miss anything that was revealed until now. the reason will be known later.
if you don't mind spoilers, read on:

⚠️*SPOILER*⚠️

⬇️
@Evelyn7495 That's not how you use the sopiler tag tho..... wwwwwwww
This comment is hilarious, so not gonna report this.....
Feb 25, 10:33 AM
Jun 2020
uncleqrow said:

i'm using MAL app to write and there's no option for spoiler.... at least i dont see it. actually there's no option except for camera and gallery
Feb 25, 11:12 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to Evelyn7495
uncleqrow said:

i'm using MAL app to write and there's no option for spoiler.... at least i dont see it. actually there's no option except for camera and gallery
@Evelyn7495 well, you could try to wrap your sentence (or paragraph) inside the spoiler tag nexttime. Example:

[spoiler]this is spoiler[/spoiler]

would produce:

In fact, I never knew other ways to implement MAL tags other than writing them down as raw texts like the example above.
Feb 25, 11:29 AM
Jun 2020
uncleqrow said:
@Evelyn7495 well, you could try to wrap your sentence (or paragraph) inside the spoiler tag nexttime. Example:

[spoiler]this is spoiler[/spoiler]

would produce:

In fact, I never knew other ways to implement MAL tags other than writing them down as raw texts like the example above.

ok, thanks. i didnt know
Feb 25, 11:44 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Dan_ALves
@Asukadesuuuu So if Jinshi is 19 and the current emperor is 34, then the emperor was 15 when he had a son with Ah-Duo?
@Dan_ALves

In any case, considering how they kept saying how Ah Duo is a 35yo woman, it means she is 1 year older than him.
So they were both very young (15 him and 16 her, so 14-15 when baby was conceived) anyway.
bruh
Feb 25, 3:07 PM
Jul 2017
just a bad episode. such little fanfare and mao mao recovers well
Feb 25, 5:08 PM
Apr 2013
After the last episode, this one is rather disappointing.
I just have no investment in the 'villain' they are setting up.
Feb 26, 12:42 AM

Mar 2020
More mysteries to be solved, but a lot more fun in the process...

It was impressive to see Maomao recover so quickly after getting severely injured in the last episode, but she went right back to work, investigating recent incidents, and explaining just what happened with Suirei's supposed death. As expected, Suirei found a way to resurrect herself, and it is up to Maomao to find out exactly what her role was in the pillar almost falling on Jinshi. It was also no surprise that Jinshi wasn't actually a eunuch, but I was shocked to find out that he is only nineteen years old! Overall, a really enjoyable episode, even if it paled in comparison to the bone-chilling episode last week.
Feb 26, 3:07 AM
Aug 2021
Must say I'm pretty surprised we're not getting any fallout from Jinshi carrying Maomao through the streets unmasked like that. The last scene of the previous episode really made it look like it was a big deal with everyone bowing towards him. Guess it wasn't that serious
Feb 26, 3:09 AM

Jul 2023
It's the aftermath of the collapse, and 猫猫 have pieced things together.

Suirei, who was presumed dead, is actually alive.

This episode is setting up another mystery. Who is Suirei and who ordered her?

The next episode doesn't seem connected, but a we have seen, you never know.
Feb 26, 3:24 AM
Oct 2019
OMG Suirei is crazy with that plan.

Holy shit we got so many reveal this episode.

Jinshi is Ah-Duo and Current Emperor son confirmed!! I knew it, they looks so similar
he is also 19 years, also he is not an Eunouch.

THIS IS CRAZY!!
Feb 26, 4:43 AM
May 2022
Reply to FullyCharged
@Dan_ALves

In any case, considering how they kept saying how Ah Duo is a 35yo woman, it means she is 1 year older than him.
So they were both very young (15 him and 16 her, so 14-15 when baby was conceived) anyway.
@FullyCharged Yeah, I know. When you think the current emperor´s mother was 10 when she had him, you really shouldn´t be surprised by early aged pregnancies, but here I am surprised still.
Feb 26, 6:05 AM

Feb 2021
wow! so many information was casually dropped. very excited for the future episodes and the stories to be unfold.
Feb 26, 7:06 AM

Jun 2023
Good episode as always
Feb 26, 9:34 AM

May 2015
Faking her own death. I wouldn't expect this.
Feb 26, 10:31 AM

Feb 2021
so Jinshi isn't a eunuch. he's a 19 year old guy. neither is Gaoshun a eunuch. Jinshi was also thinking the same thing that Maomao thought about Jinshi being the son of concubine Ah Duo. And Maomao is back to rear palace.
Feb 26, 10:59 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Slow episode, lets see what the next one can offer!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Feb 26, 3:34 PM

Apr 2019
So that supposedly poison thing makes you look dead but not really, it reminds me of the one from Romeo and Juliet. I guess that's the kind of medicine they are
Feb 26, 8:17 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Hopefully Maomao can find Suirei and become friends. Or more than friends. Shh. As for other things, I feel like I shouldn't have read a little because some things aren't quite a surprise, but that's okay!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 27, 1:26 PM
Dec 2019
So.. i really hopefull on this episode, especially to see more maomao and jinshi but i don't see more about them. The focus on the episode is the other things
Feb 27, 5:51 PM

Jul 2016
Hey! Xiaomao made the Tanya Degurechaff side grin!!

But seriously, Xiaomao still not accepting/confirming Jinshi's real identity is starting to get annoying. For how much longer are they gonna prolong the obvious?
On the other side, Jinshi being 19 continues to baffle the shit out of me.
Feb 27, 7:25 PM
Jul 2015
I have bring watch the series 2 times in 3 days 👀 (to eps 20) and it’s so mine type of anime. Really enjoying it.

Mine theory are that lenken had an affair with the one lady who lost the baby. The medical man got fired and took the baby away, and raised her as his own. I don’t know why he is hiding though.

Lenkin if F up crazy, he was saying he would push silver with his own daughter. (He for sure crazy enough to make an move on of the ladies)

And the way she always says that she is lower class. I bet different.

- I love the sounds and the history of this place.

(I’m sorry I don’t use the characters name, English is not my first language)
Feb 28, 11:29 AM
Feb 2024
Im confused. So, who exactly is Jinshi?

Also, what an exciting episode! Holy...
Feb 29, 12:32 AM

Jun 2019
Definitely got heavy shades of The Serpent and the Rainbow coming through in this episode.

I wonder if Suirei or her sponsor and/or handler acquired the tetrodotoxin from somewhere like this world's equivalent of Haiti or somewhere much closer to home like some fugu or something fugu-esque from this world's equivalent of Japan.
Feb 29, 2:01 AM
May 2019
It was satisfying ending to the mistery
Feb 29, 2:38 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Maomao faces the best of this episode!!!
kekeke
Feb 29, 3:55 PM
Oct 2022
Maomao’s detective skills are unmatched !
Mar 1, 9:03 AM

Feb 2008
It is nice to see that someone captured MaoMao's interest.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

205 by lasodamos »»
Yesterday, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2

97 by Cosplay_Joe »»
Yesterday, 6:05 AM

» What I find interesting about this adaption (no spoilers)

BlueAtomix - Jun 21

11 by CreepHazard »»
Jun 23, 7:59 AM

» Does this ever get good? ( 1 2 )

El_Jiro - Jun 13

69 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Jun 23, 5:10 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

91 by StacyYagami »»
Jun 21, 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.