Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 19, 4:46 PM
May 2022
A great and refreshing episode that brings many new and intriguing characters to the table! Looking forward to this arc!
Jan 19, 5:38 PM
Nov 2023
The battle is top notch and i can relate with some tcg games when the girl mentioning about basic spell can beat most mages in this era, sometimes the old way always the best lol
Jan 19, 7:30 PM
Jan 2024
好棒!感謝動畫組帶來的精彩演出
Jan 19, 7:32 PM
Nov 2019
pertarungan antar penyihir dimulai
My Candies :
Jan 20, 1:48 AM
May 2015
shit is about to get real ... if Wirbel survives more than 5 minutes into the next episode I will be very surprised!
Jan 21, 12:54 AM
Jan 2024
I really enjoying watch this anime, Because the visuals are beautiful and spoil the eyes
Jan 22, 3:56 PM

Feb 2018
I hope that since they used Kraft to introduce that mage, Ubel, she'll prove to have an impact.
With them finally arriving at the city of magic, it looks like Frieren and Fern will be taking this first test in different teams.
I was beginning to feel a little sorry for Frieren being put in that team, since both Kanne and Lawine wouldn't stop arguing, but looks like it seems to be working out.
Also, suspected that Frieren wouldn't exactly be undefeated, but it was interesting for her to give an exact amount of times she had lost (11) and whilst not specific but who to as well.
corvKaJan 22, 4:25 PM
Jan 22, 9:53 PM
May 2020
I love the new characters are always written like human, just makes me relate to almost Every single character in the show... except the murders and demons ofc
Jan 23, 8:20 AM
Apr 2021
Excelent execution
Jan 23, 1:29 PM

May 2021
I'm surprised Frieren still remembers her birthday even after a thousand years.

"Only able to see half the sky" was such a good one though.

Jan 24, 3:46 AM
Feb 2015
Finally, Frieren and the gang is in the city of magic to take first class mage exam, Fern and Frieren is trying hard for their exam, Frieren's team is with the tsundere bff that seem to hate each other but they seem to have great coordination. It long time to see the fight in this anime so it feel refreshing. What about Fern that teamed with the dangerous mage
Jan 26, 6:13 PM

Jun 2014
The two mages that Frieren has been paired with are interesting, and hopefully they'll somehow learn to get along better. Frieren should be a positive influence on them.

Übel, Thet green-haired mage that Fern is paired with could be trouble. She seems kinda evil. Kraft could sense it.

Jan 29, 12:44 AM
Aug 2018
This show is pretty much perfect. I love the cute little adventures Frieren finds herself overseeing.
Jan 30, 3:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's nice to Frieren with another group for the exams...and of course the bird they need to catch is not a normal one ahaha, it's the most OP bird you could imagine
Jan 30, 8:08 PM
Apr 2018
For the first time in the show, I feel as if there is filler. But not bad filler. Also :3
Feb 2, 10:15 PM

Feb 2016
BRO, SHONEN EXAM ARC? COOL
Kanne is cute <3
Because of her looks, I was expecting Lawine to be more delicated lol she's fun.
Ubel looks interesting, and our boi Kraft is just so fkng cool.

I have only one gripe with this story, Frieren is a known member of the hero's party, and also an elf magician, I get some people not knowing her, but why does these new characters that are taking the examns, and their examinators, have no idea of who she is? Isn't she an important figure in the magic world that should be interesting enought for mages to study and learn about her? There are a lot of statues of her and being an elf makes her looks the same as she was back then...I find this kinda weird.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Feb 3, 5:49 PM

Oct 2020
Ah, Sein better come back at some point soon

Anyway, it was at least nice to see more world building with the Magic Association -- speaking of which, Fern and Frieren have like zero drip compared to some of these other mages
Kanne and Lawine have some of the prettiest character designs so far
Feb 4, 8:50 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I liked this episode. Good content. Something about this mostly girl episode has me kinda wishing...
I like Lawine and Kanne's dynamic.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 5, 6:15 PM

Aug 2022
Oof... I've been so busy with other stuff that I've now got a few episodes to catch up on, but I thoroughly enjoyed coming back to Frieren! It was really nice to see Kraft reappearing and to see him in action, too! Those monks' moves were great! And I agree with him about Ubel. She really does give off killer vibes... I really don't like her, and I'm worried about Fern being put in her same party. And what of Frieren? She was freed from babysitting her companions only to be put to... babysit another couple of kids, haha. But Kanne reminiscing about her past with Lawine after being rescued from the monster was both funny and precious, and it made me appreciate their characters much more. :3 Now, I'm looking forward to seeing how they're going to capture that birb!
Feb 9, 12:54 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I like how Stark just chillin on the background, because this is truly not his arc at all, why not taking a break for the rest of the episode? That's it, Stark situation xd.

Even after all the talks, Fern still entering the exam, huh? But joining with that problematic greenhaired young mage, tho, i hope Fern is doin okay.

Alright, back to Frieren, and looks like she needs to babysit over those two young mage, understandable expression coming from her.
Stille bird escape like a homming missile bird. So damn fast. Wonder what kind of plan they can do with that?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 10, 4:36 PM

Dec 2022
Lawine and Kanne are fire! I'm so excited by how this series introduces new characters.
Feb 16, 1:58 AM
Dec 2022
The day of the exam has arrived. Will we have two first class mage at the end of it?
Feb 16, 2:25 AM

Oct 2023
"Half of the sky" xd
Feb 16, 9:00 PM

Jul 2023
Lawine is kawaii.

I think as always, Frieren is holding back. She can easily card the bird herself, but she is leaving the catching to the two bickering friends (potentially yuri couple in an alternate universe).

Despite some viewers not liking this arc, I actually love it.
Feb 23, 10:59 PM

Oct 2013
Do I sense a tournament arc?! Good. This shounen will benefit from it.

New characters look interesting. I like their designs, especially Übel's. 😏 Aura is gone, but at least a character like Übel has appeared.

Too bad her name fits the general pattern and is basically a German word for... "bad". I have nothing against German language, but like, seriously, imagine a different show doing such thing and calling characters like this, just in, let's say, English. I can imagine a fairly big crowd raging over it, kekw. But perhaps it wouldn't be that bad. It's not a big deal either. It's just, when you're familiar, even a little, with German language, you may feel awkward when you hear their names as they are.
Feb 24, 6:09 AM

Aug 2020
A completely different party has been established!
Feb 24, 3:47 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Hold on, is that a tournament arc I'm sensing? I'll take it.
Feb 27, 8:04 PM

Jan 2017
Reply to badabass
I like how Stark just chillin on the background, because this is truly not his arc at all, why not taking a break for the rest of the episode? That's it, Stark situation xd.

Even after all the talks, Fern still entering the exam, huh? But joining with that problematic greenhaired young mage, tho, i hope Fern is doin okay.

Alright, back to Frieren, and looks like she needs to babysit over those two young mage, understandable expression coming from her.
Stille bird escape like a homming missile bird. So damn fast. Wonder what kind of plan they can do with that?
@badabass He definitely earns it after spending months of rigorous studying to impersonate a nobles son
Feb 28, 1:56 PM
Dec 2021
Another great episode that set up an interesting dynamic and makes me wonder what the magic exam is going to be like.
Feb 29, 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
Ubel is fkn hot, idc if she's a killer x) Same for Laufen
removed-userFeb 29, 3:55 PM
Mar 4, 10:21 PM
Jan 2023
Basically hunter exam arc but w/ mages 🧙
Mar 7, 10:44 AM

Mar 2016
Ahaha, oh no Stark,m Frieren still remembers that you called her an old hag from over a year or two ago. Frieren is adorable when she pouts, this is the first time she expresses such a massively uncharacteristic expression lol. And the fun doesn't stop there, Fern has grown into such a fine woman now, she has the ability to cover half the sky with just her 'presence' alone!

Anyways... The time has come for yet another shift in pacing. Since the incident with Aura, Frieren's part has been on the move, journeying for over a year just to get to here, this magic city of Äußerst, all for the sole reason of getting that first-class mage certification and have the freedom to travel all around the Northern plateau. We'll finally be seeing a bunch of newer characters and I bet some interesting actions. This exam thing kinda reminds me of the usual tournament arc in shonens, this'lll be fun.

Übel's character design really stuck with me. Man she's hot, she doesn't really look like a mage, especially with how light she is wearing, and given the fact that she is also a killer, it's safe to say she's the type that could use magic but doesn't mind getting her hand bloodied. Literally.
Her droopy eyes though. Ooof attractive af.
Mar 8, 3:22 PM
May 2022
Mad house cooking
Mar 10, 9:30 AM
Mar 2023
aaaaaaaah hay demasiadas viejas guapas de golpe,k miedo
Mar 12, 10:28 PM
Feb 2024
Okey my favorit arc begin
Mar 13, 7:45 AM

Apr 2015
I put this anime on hold for a few weeks and now it's time to finally catch-up!
Oh so the exam is underway and Lawine and Kanne are really likeable characters tbh.
Mar 15, 1:59 AM

Oct 2021
I'm actually surprised everyone likes these two new characters. Every side character had been great so far until now. As soon as I saw them, I just did not like them. Easily the worst episode so far.
SaltyCookieMar 15, 2:31 AM
Mar 18, 9:55 PM

Dec 2022
this arc bored me to the point of quitting the manga for quite a while before finally coming back to it and loving it again but hopefully the high production value of the adaptation makes it entertaining
Mar 22, 4:17 PM
Mar 2024
Amazing I Love this anime
Mar 26, 6:21 AM

Aug 2019
fern being in a party with the killer just screams trouble.
how did the two people at the side know who fern was but had no clue who frieren was?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 6:32 AM
Jun 2012
Frieren acts as the wise grandma elf to another group of mage children.
Mar 27, 7:34 AM
Mar 2018
The First Class exam is finally here, how exciting!

I like that the whole thing has a HxH vibe, what with the ruthless candidates and outdoor, forest-y shenanigans. I'm rooting for Fern to get her certification (I don't doubt Frieren, obvi) and not get taken advantage of by the green-haired killer.
Mar 28, 10:47 PM
Nov 2023
Basically this is a relaxing anime, with good world building, I like the dance scene between Fren and Stark, as well as the fighting moments in episodes 25 and 26
Mar 31, 10:55 AM
Jan 2023
Sungguh jalan cerita yang menarik
Apr 5, 5:34 AM

Jul 2013
I wonder if Frieren could just use her name and be instantly granted the highest rank
Apr 13, 9:39 PM
Aug 2023
If this is a beginning of a new arc as everybody is saying, it could be a refreshing reprieve from what has been somewhat stagnation in the characters. It seems like lately the trio of MCs haven't been having very meaningful development nor interactions compared to before. Let me explain, ever since around Fern x Stark, character interactions have been very immature, and lacking substance...aside from people thinking the superficial ship of Fern x Stark as something great. Hold on shippers, don't pull out the pitchforks yet, hear me out. Fern x Stark lately has been immature, they just had an argument over Stark holding Fern's shoulder too firmly when he pranked her back. Compare that squabble with their interactions back during the Aura/Lugner/Linie arc, it's kind of undeniable their interactions back then was way more grown up, and meaningful. I'm really biased against the Fern x Stark because of how poorly she's always treated him, her treatment being detrimental to his growth (self worth and confidence), and it seems like their romance is based on very little other than familiarity and proximity; but all that was still the same during the Aura arc, yet it was much much better character-wise than now. Even many of the interactions with Frieren, and her flashbacks to Himmel's party are weaker now than they used to be. Things were stronger before the Aura arc ended, and it's gotten weaker since. There doesn't seem to be meaningful interactions between Stark and Fern now, because "aw...they're shipping", however when Stark went with Frieren to get the herbs to cure Fern's sickness, we did have a grown up meaningful discussion between the two. Not as good as before like back when Stark took down the Solar Dragon where they first met, but leagues better than that stupid kids fight between Fern and Stark.

So anyways, this new arc, while it looks to be super regrettable that Stark is sidelined, it looks like we're going to get things shaken up with Frieren and Fern's characters. This episode thrusted Frieren into the leadership role since Stark and Fern weren't there, and she has to deal with those two bickering mages. It's going to be interesting to watch her in this role. Meanwhile, Fern is all alone in her group as well, how is she going to cope? She can't use Stark as a punching bag anymore, and Stark's not there to be the meat shield target of whatever the anime throws at the party. Meaning she can't be the underdeveloped character she's been coasting as ever since Stark joined the party. If she needs to take her anger out on somebody now, that victim may very well fight back. When the anime/plot throws difficulties at her group now, she very well may get hit with it (before it was always Stark). In other words, Fern may very well be forced to have some character development, and face challenges and hardships. She's no longer protected, and may face consequences for being an immature spoiled curmudgeon. As a Stark fan, I more than welcome this despite Stark may be sidelined. However I'm sure Stark would say "If I'm not there, I can't be the target of her ire". I'm just going to imagine Stark is in the Magic Academy's cafeteria eating oversized berry ice cream desserts for the duration he's not around.
Apr 16, 7:16 PM
Apr 2020
Decent episode but I wonder what Stark is up to when all this is going on lol
Apr 20, 4:12 PM

Oct 2022
She has a time ego but does not have a distance Ego. She clearly states that she is insecure about her age despite the fact that she flexes it literally every single chance she gets. The priest elf threatens murder. Then he immediately judges someone else because he assumes them to be a killer. She has a mildly Vistrian emblem. Of course there are an oddly low amount of mages in this world. Despite this the test to show or prove that you are a mage often include death. This could be theoretically interesting. We know that Freeren has spent hundreds of years specifically on suppressing her mana yet this random guy is able to assess her mana and seemingly makes a correct assessment. Luckily, we know that she has more mana than anyone else on the planet, and this just barely justifies this occurrence. Magical misfits. One girl wants to make a plan the other one wants to find the bird before making a plan. One of them seems to have a lot more of an idea of what is going on. She is well aware. These new characters are pretty interesting. This arc might be not half bad. Also, it is pretty clear that this is unfortunately not a complete story in this season. 3
Apr 22, 3:32 PM
Apr 2022
Poor Frieren ... has to babysit 2 more children :3
Apr 22, 10:04 PM

Feb 2021
They are fighting but their teamwork is excellence XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Is this your fav anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Ghost_Davo - Sep 22

128 by TheSunLife »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 2

279 by Neokyuz »»
Yesterday, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

909 by alippskuy »»
Yesterday, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

328 by Sphystius »»
Sep 22, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2023

560 by Neokyuz »»
Sep 22, 10:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.