Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 21, 2023 10:25 AM

Mar 2010
Reply to Maou_heika
I have liked all Villainess isekai I've watched so far which is why I watched this but ended up disliking it. I did like Claire as a character but couldn't like Rae at all mainly because her actions and words didn't match, she said she only wants Claire to be happy with Thane but for majority of the show she kept on harassing Claire. Then Manaria came in and Claire seems to be in love with her, I thought she earlier mentioned she was hetero, what ever happened to her love for Thane!? And then it turns out Claire was in love with Rae after all but just hadn't realized it. That's pretty much the standard GL/BL scenario where harassment makes them gay. Tenten Kakumei did the yuri aspect so much better, it felt more natural compared to this.
@Maou_heika

While I did really enjoy it, unlike you.. I do admit that your points made me think and are good ones. Wouldn't call it harassing, cause it was clear from the start Claire was into Rae but can't admit it cause noble, same sex bladiebla :p so can't openly admit it which rae mentioned too, but weirdly enough everyone isn't bothered by all rae is doing... I do find rae lackluster and annoying and just like you, she is contradicting. However I very much enjoyed Claire and other characters even. So made me still rate it an 8. Could've been a 9 or 10 if not for the plot holes you mentioned, giving up thane or well at least she never have him any attention or something no idea why plus rae as a person in general.

Also I'm missing why Claire is a villainess. Maybe something happens in S2 which shows by the teaser.
But if it's the same thing again I think while I give this an 8 now, it will feel repatative so I hope to see more about Claire bring a villainess and how their relationship will actually work and not the "harassment"
I also felt that the prince's should've played a bigger role or at least attempt something?
GyarutsundereDec 21, 2023 11:06 AM
Dec 21, 2023 5:28 PM

Jun 2014
Rae and Claire are finally official! Seeing Claire return Rae's feelings makes me so happy!

This is definitely among the best GL I've seen, mainly due to the fact that Rae's personality and actions remind me of my own. I don't know if this will get a second season, but I'd love to see it. :)

Dec 21, 2023 5:43 PM
Dec 2023
I loved this episode so much, it felt like such a good end to the season, and I really hope that there's a season two
Dec 22, 2023 9:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Manaria was doing that just for Rae and Claire to be together, well that's fair xD And I like how Rae's branch just turned into that giant tree, now they're finally together but it's already the end, I wanted to see more cute moments of them :(
Dec 24, 2023 5:47 AM
Dec 2023
great voice acting and a pretty good at recreating the feeling both the manga adaptation and the light novel
Dec 25, 2023 5:38 AM

Jan 2011
Now that was a fucking ending. We even get a season 2 tease. This isn't a long series so if they do a season 2 that will be the rest of the story.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Dec 25, 2023 5:39 AM

Jan 2011
Oh, I give it a 9 out of 10.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Dec 25, 2023 1:37 PM
Aug 2022
some things stained the anime but I likeed it
Dec 25, 2023 4:53 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
This was really fun to watch. I agree with Rae "there had to be a better way to do it". They could've done a less creepy backstory for Manaria because, let's be honest, that was rape. And she's implying that Rae would be the same as her just because of an unrequited love, that's just not how things work.

BUT, overall I enjoyed this a lot and seeing Claire being so open now is so refreshing. This needs a season 2 especially with that setup they did at the end.
Dec 27, 2023 9:41 AM
May 2023
literally just lesbian show
Dec 27, 2023 12:30 PM

Sep 2012
Claire: Rea is mine and i won't let u take her from me

awry1 reactions LOL
Dec 28, 2023 12:51 AM

Sep 2012
what if Manaria story was false/misunderstanding, like her parents kicked that maid out cause they didn't approve and told the maid to keep silent about it, if so i hope S2 will cover it, if they make S2

Dec 30, 2023 5:03 AM
Aug 2015
pretty funny and great anime, i love it
Dec 30, 2023 9:14 AM
Sep 2022
The humor and character growth for both claire and Rei make it a great and entertaining watch
Dec 30, 2023 11:18 AM

Jan 2022
I forgot to mention this last episode, but when and why did Thane get a haircut? This was a great way to end the anime. I just want a second season now. I figured Manaria had other intentions and wasn't purposely trying to be malicious. Crazy that Rae got a rare item, a tiny branch that tree into a big ass tree. Only Rae would be capable of doing that. I'm curious about the ending where Claire was going to get her head chopped off. Cute that Claire was giving into Rae's teasing ahhh she actually started blushing too <3 with this episode alone, my rating went from a 5 to a 6 possibly even 7. Still stupid of Rae to push Claire away like she did. But at least there was a comeback.
This never updates so that's cool
Dec 31, 2023 4:51 AM

Oct 2014
That was a sweet ending. But after that nonstop claire-sama, we didnt even get a kiss. Or a romantic moment. I hope we get a OVA soon and give us a obligatory beach episode.
Jan 3, 8:10 AM

Feb 2014
This got yuri (or at least Rae tried? xD), but oh God.. yuri aside, sadly this show is very mediocre/bad and that makes me bugged cause yuri is one of my favorite genres.

4/10
Jan 4, 4:26 AM
Apr 2021
Awww what a good ending I’m happy that Claire is finally accepting that she loves Rae back and calls her by her name instead of commoner🥹

I find it funny how in the beginning Prince Thane liked Claire and I thought that was gonna continue but nah bro is on team Claire x Rae same with Pipi Loretta Misha Prince Rod and Prince Yu🤣🤣

I lowkey wanna see what that villain who manipulated Lene and her brother is gonna do in the future and maybe if that could be the reason why Claire is gonna get beheaded in the future👀

Hopefully the animation is a lil better in season 2 not saying it was bad but it wasn’t mind blowing but other than that I’m definitely looking forward to season 2 and more of Rae’s antics😩🙏🏽
Jan 5, 7:28 PM
Jul 2008
Overall pretty good and interesting.
An interesting new take for villainess genre, I just noticed now it's a genre lol.
Characters are likeable too and not much focus for the male casts.

A great wingman is when the character didn't realize they are being helped.
Manaria is great wingwoman, and some the watcher didn't even realize this lol

KilledbyCuriosty said:
@BlueBullet178 Manaria isn’t a rapist, there was simply a power imbalance in an otherwise consensual relationship. idk why the anime decided to animate it like she had but that isn’t the case in the LN or when said character gets introduced and is still in love with Manaria.

There is a saying that a picture is worth a thousand words. Maybe it's easier to see when it's in animated form instead of text.
This certainly doesn't look consensual.

Jan 6, 2:52 AM

Aug 2022
Reply to JustCallMyName
Yo this is the best cameo ever they put Rae and Claire children May and Aleah ^_^
@JustCallMyName waaaaah so cute! I didn't catch it! thanks
Jan 6, 11:07 AM

Sep 2021
Am a little disappointed with the adaptation. If you want to include volume 2 of the light novel, adapt all of it, else just adapt volume 1... Adaptation aside, I ended up not liking the anime overall. I would say it is a 6 or 7 at best, in my opinion...

There were some plot points that were simply left unresolved because the rest of volume 2 was not adapted. Also, the presence of loudspeakers and other advanced technologies (I think the loudspeakers were the only advanced technology I could remember but there could have been others I forgot about) in the setting (the time period) the world seems to be in makes things feel weird and out of place at times (which ruins the immersion).

At least we got a picture of Claire and Rae with their daughters (even if it was in Rae's imagination).
Jan 8, 7:20 AM

Feb 2020
The "damn these bitches gay, good for them" meme is the perfect description of what this anime was. It was nice to see some good lgbt representation in anime for once. No bullshit, and just straight up admitted to the viewers that the MC was indeed a lesbian instead of just being Yuri bait.

At first I didn't like Rae as a character that much because I thought she was a bit forceful with Claire, but as the show progressed, it became more clear that she is indeed capable of setting some boundaries at the very least.

Overall I have nothing more to say, it was good lgbt representation, but I didn't think the story was that interesting to be honest. Not that it's bad, I just personally didn't find it unique in the story department. The world feels like any other fantasy anime with magic and politics mixed into it. I'd still give it a 7/10 though, still enjoyable nonetheless
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 1:57 PM

Mar 2013
Peak yuri AND otome, LN author really going wild nowaday
Jan 9, 7:18 AM

Mar 2015
Claire finally realized and acknowledged her own feelings. I would've enjoyed this more had Rae's character design followed the manga, cos I find her face in the anime rather creepy at times. Still a 7/10 from me. Claire in the last eps bumped it up from a 6.
Jan 9, 9:55 PM
Jan 2021
Loved Rae and Claire, hoping for S2
Jan 13, 8:34 AM
Jul 2023
fue más entretenido de lo que pensé, no tiene animación decente, pero safa.
Jan 13, 4:13 PM

Oct 2008
Wasn't a fan of these last episodes with Manaria. She basically forced the relationship to advance but then the author decided to back out in the end. Made the whole thing look like a bunch of unnecessary melodrama that happened for no reason. Manaria end up leaving in the end too which made this last arc look very stupid.

Overall, was pretty fun at the start, but then kind of fell off. They have been foreshadowing something dark happening but nothing ever did apart from that one small conflict with the commoners. Was expecting something more than just melodrama. Also, didn't really like Rae, she was way too obnoxious. Maybe next time someone more chill.
Jan 13, 6:52 PM
Oct 2023
SO WELL DONE IM IN LOVEEEE
Jan 14, 12:39 PM

Aug 2023
Wow this show was unlike any other. Truly kept me captivated, I feel like it is a hidden gem! I am going to have to buy the books after watching. I’ve heard buzz about season 2 and maybe some not good things going down but it’s ok I will endure it. The world building in this anime was very strong, hoping for a season 2!
Jan 15, 4:56 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Okay story, but Rae is still really creepy. Just straight up weird. There were things about the anime that I liked, but it was really a lot of... scrunching up myself in what one might call "cringe". I really wish Rae hadn't been like that and that she wasn't lowkey an adult reincarnated in a child's body. Other than that, it was okay overall.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jan 15, 10:07 PM

Dec 2017
Reply to LeonLanford
Overall pretty good and interesting.
An interesting new take for villainess genre, I just noticed now it's a genre lol.
Characters are likeable too and not much focus for the male casts.

A great wingman is when the character didn't realize they are being helped.
Manaria is great wingwoman, and some the watcher didn't even realize this lol

KilledbyCuriosty said:
@BlueBullet178 Manaria isn’t a rapist, there was simply a power imbalance in an otherwise consensual relationship. idk why the anime decided to animate it like she had but that isn’t the case in the LN or when said character gets introduced and is still in love with Manaria.

There is a saying that a picture is worth a thousand words. Maybe it's easier to see when it's in animated form instead of text.
This certainly doesn't look consensual.

@LeonLanford Knowing the character who it happened to (who is not the character the anime depicts) this isn't the case. She shows up later in the LN and nothing she says implies anything of the sort

I'll keep wishing for a world where you can be happy.

Jan 16, 3:04 PM
Nov 2022
This show was really good! Decent animation, the dub was very well performed. As yuri goes, I've neevr been big on toxic yuri or one-sided relationships, though I did appreciate Claire's warming up for Rae in the end.
I still enjoyed this however, and will be sure to watch season 2 ^^
Jan 16, 4:42 PM
Sep 2019
Okay, WAIT WHAT. Claire is going to be killed?! I thought her future (that rae’s been talking about in early episodes) is her ending up as a commoner, not getting murdered for being royalty or sth!! I mean, okay, in the game it’s probably also because she’s a villain... but still.

Glad they ended it on a positive note, not like “bloom into you” in the middle of it. Well, it still is the middle of their story, but at least this seems like good scene to give a happy end.

The only scene that was missing, for me, was depressed Rae after quitting her maid job and not eating at all. With Rod commenting in the cafeteria, “do you want a fry?” That was a fun scene that deserved an anime adaptation, lol.
But they did have all the important moments from volume 5 (manga), so I guess it’s fine...
Jan 16, 4:54 PM
Sep 2019
Reply to SouthRzVa
Manaria: *"helps" Rae get closer to Claire via monopolizing Claire and practically claiming her as hers after nearly killing Rae in a magic duel*
Rae: *gets sad and decides to leave Claire with the person she clearly looks happier with*
Manaria: :surprised pikachu face:

Man, this last arc was so goddamn awful. Rae continuously getting triggered by Manaria as if she hasn't completed the game numerous times was so exhausting to watch. I mean, she knows of a SSR+ root that's practically a game-changer yet she never could decipher Manaria's intentions? Come on...
Also Manaria's reasoning for Rae to fight for Claire was simply stupid. "I bottled up my lesbian feelings once and ended up sexually assaulting my maid because that's what happens when you don't confess to another girl. So that's why I'm "helping" you." *big sigh*

And let's not forget Rae's nonsensical monologue about breaking her rule of not using her knowledge of the game on her favor... yeah, as if she hasn't already used same knowledge to apparently blackmail Claire's father and get the chance to become Claire's personal maid alongside with the rights to dress/undress her and bathing with her. Sure.

Overall, another disappointment for the year in terms yuri titles. First three episodes were decent enough but everything went progressively downhill as more episodes went by. And let's better not talk about Lene and Manaria's respective arcs.
And also there is the thing with Episode 3 explicitly stating Claire's heterosexuality and the narrative denoting an intention of toning down Rae's borderline creepy advances towards a straight person who clearly looked uncomfortable. Well... nothing of that mattered in the following episodes given Claire practically forgot about her slight homophobia and was only three sweet words away of asking Manaria to deflower her. As for Rae, she kept going with the same behaviour as if Claire's discomfort in Ep.3 never existed.

3/10 - Such a shame. This year we got more yuri titles than usual and despite everything, all of them ended up being shit.

EDIT: Lol! And what about Thane? Totally forgot about that storyline regarding Claire's crush that was relevant for only 2-3 episodes.
SouthRzVa said:
And also there is the thing with Episode 3 explicitly stating Claire's heterosexuality and the narrative denoting an intention of toning down Rae's borderline creepy advances towards a straight person who clearly looked uncomfortable. Well... nothing of that mattered in the following episodes given Claire practically forgot about her slight homophobia and was only three sweet words away of asking Manaria to deflower her.

Agree. Which is one of the reasons I hate Manaria's arc.
Jan 16, 11:51 PM

Jun 2012
That was a weird ride, it wasn't amazing or anything, a good show that I watched on and off. If I were to call it somehow, it would be pleasantly weird. I liked how straightforward Rae ( Rae and straight in the same sentence, I can't help a chuckle while writing this) is with her feelings about Claire and the fact that a tsundere isn't that bad is not something new, but rare as the 0.5% drop chance item.
I hope a 2nd season will drop in the near future.
Jan 17, 4:27 PM
May 2023
Reply to Gyarutsundere
@Maou_heika

While I did really enjoy it, unlike you.. I do admit that your points made me think and are good ones. Wouldn't call it harassing, cause it was clear from the start Claire was into Rae but can't admit it cause noble, same sex bladiebla :p so can't openly admit it which rae mentioned too, but weirdly enough everyone isn't bothered by all rae is doing... I do find rae lackluster and annoying and just like you, she is contradicting. However I very much enjoyed Claire and other characters even. So made me still rate it an 8. Could've been a 9 or 10 if not for the plot holes you mentioned, giving up thane or well at least she never have him any attention or something no idea why plus rae as a person in general.

Also I'm missing why Claire is a villainess. Maybe something happens in S2 which shows by the teaser.
But if it's the same thing again I think while I give this an 8 now, it will feel repatative so I hope to see more about Claire bring a villainess and how their relationship will actually work and not the "harassment"
I also felt that the prince's should've played a bigger role or at least attempt something?
@Gyarutsundere She is the villainess of the game Rae is reincarnated into. She is supposed to be there to steal the BF MC would get.
Jan 21, 3:03 AM
Jul 2020
I need second season, love this anime so much
Jan 23, 12:20 AM

Aug 2017
3/10.

I watched in extreme high speed and didn't like it. It didn't seem extremely objectionable. But I could barely detect any story here.

Why isekai? The human lady never even reappears after episode 1. The real world simply vanishes.
Jan 24, 8:21 PM

Sep 2023
There's a vocal crowd of people who were disappointed by MagiRevo but I found this show to be more disappointing tbh. At least that had some interesting political and character drama. WataOshi has the most generic elemental magic system and wastes so much time on it with the boring info dumps and battles. Im guessing that aspect is a staple of the otome games the story is based off of but it would have been better off without that being part of the setting.

It seemed to be going somewhere with the nobles vs commoner conflict but got side tracked by a cliche love rival sub-plot that felt forced. Manaria's entire character was a pretty ungraceful way of creating tension and forcing progression between the main couple. Was Thane not enough and the author felt that only a woman could pose a real threat to their relationship? Why even have Claire crush on Thane to begin with if the whole love rival thing is done with a completely different character lol

The one thing the Manaria plot did right was kicking the MC down a peg. Rae's interactions with Claire are obviously the main draw of the show but she herself was kinda boring because it felt like she was always in control and one step ahead of everyone like an OP isekai MC. Seeing her beaten and emotionally riled up gave some needed balance to her character.

Overall, didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I would but yuri is still yuri. Another season is welcome.
Feb 2, 7:09 PM
May 2014
For anyone who have watched this anime. Please for the love of Ralaire do yourself a favor and go and read the Light novel right now. It's gets so much better in act 2. Also avoid being spoiled as there is a lot of things happening in last 2 Volumes of the Light novel.
Feb 6, 11:06 AM

Mar 2010
Reply to lampuiho
@Gyarutsundere She is the villainess of the game Rae is reincarnated into. She is supposed to be there to steal the BF MC would get.
@lampuiho still stealing ones bf makes an antagonist perhaps but villainess? It's implied she gets beheaded, yet nothing is mentioned or even hinted why.. Nothing the entire season points at her being a bad guy aside from NTR supposedly which doesn't actively happen either. She showed barely any interest in the guys.. Gave up on thane rather quickly which was the only hint given she would 'steal' a partner. A part maybe can get explained cause Rae didn't interact a lot with the princes but also made 'oopsies' that did improve the interest
GyarutsundereFeb 10, 1:01 PM
Feb 12, 6:01 AM
Feb 2024
Lovely ending but interested in the season-hook, really hoping for an OVA or season 2 to elaborate on it.
Feb 21, 12:12 PM
Apr 2018
The anime I liked it overall as I usually tend to like a lot but could be better
Feb 27, 3:30 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to JustCallMyName
Yo this is the best cameo ever they put Rae and Claire children May and Aleah ^_^
@JustCallMyName I have yet to see this episode, but seeing your message I decided to check out for that, and I don't see it anywhere, at least it is not near the end, or in the last seconds.
IMO that feels like them saying you are not getting a S2, so swallow this UP.
Mar 1, 5:30 PM

Aug 2019
that actually makes sense:D gray hair was supposed to be supporting rae in the game so all this was just that. somehow i didnt expect gray hair to be aiming for rae though and i think it would have maybe been more fun if she openly did that and isntead of rae fighting to get claire back, claire would have had to realize her feeligns or something and take rae from gray hair.
it was a decent show. we dont get enough yuri.
talking about not getting enough yuri i just realized we didnt even get a kiss to top this off. maybe it happens later in the ligthnovel but i doubt this will get a second season. its yuri after all
HiljainenSipuliMar 1, 5:34 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 5:36 AM
Jun 2016
Reply to keifighter
For anyone who have watched this anime. Please for the love of Ralaire do yourself a favor and go and read the Light novel right now. It's gets so much better in act 2. Also avoid being spoiled as there is a lot of things happening in last 2 Volumes of the Light novel.
@keifighter where should I start reading? start over from volume 1 or where the anime ends?
Mar 10, 5:25 PM
Mar 2024
it was wonderful but it felt extra long
Mar 15, 4:32 AM

Sep 2016
I remember liking this years ago when I read the Web Novel, and honestly I don't remember if the anime is just bad adaptation or if I just had low standards back then, but this was kinda just mid. I like the Clair and Rae relationship, but every time the show try to have a story, it just fall flat on its face.
Mar 16, 6:42 AM
Jan 2017
Love it! Yuri is the best!
Mar 21, 2:08 PM

Sep 2014
I love this show so much. So so much.

The level Manaria has to go to for Rae and Claire to get together for real is insane. Best wingwomen. Now I understand why everyone was so hyped for "best girl Manaria".

Manaria x Rae x Claire would have made for an interesting love triangle going forward.
In a way my wish for Rae to have someone love her instead of claire got fulfilled, but damn girl you could have hurt her a lot less Manaria.
Its almost a shame we did not get to see an arc like that, because if it happened after this I wouldnt like it either.

My only complaint about the story would be how sudden this feels, but after everything Manaria did its not like it came out of nowhere either. I guess my real issue with it is that we wont see more of Rae gaining Claires love while Claire struggles to accept her own feelings. They have reached "the end" after all, even though there is quite a bit of the story left.

For a show which openly talked about the issue of loving someone with a non matching sexuality Claire just loving Rae back almost feels too easy, maybe they get into this a bit more later in the story.

I really dont know how to go forward without new episodes for this anime. I did not expect to fall in love with this show like I did..

I said "I will read the LN" before, I even did read some volumes of stuff like Overlord or Re Zero years ago, but this is the first time I will actually go ahead and buy the LN to read the rest of their story. I did not see that coming. I guess only having 5 volumes instead of 20 helps.

10/10. Too cute. Animation was good enough to be enjoyable and it was consistent, which matters the most IMO. Artstyle was good too. And oh boy that OP and ED. I am addicted.

PS: Almost forgot about the bad end for Claire in the foreshadowing, she is the "villain" in the setting but what has she done to deserve that? Especially when the main romance was either of the princes, so commoners overthrowing nobility/royality was not the plot I assume. Why do I even care? Its just how dedicated I am to the plot now.
Comander-07Mar 21, 3:05 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 20, 2023

88 by AngryLesbian »»
Sep 1, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 2, 2023

136 by apfafn »»
Jul 25, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yuyuichi - Dec 11, 2023

81 by Pullups4Days »»
Jun 30, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2023

67 by Pullups4Days »»
Jun 30, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 13, 2023

69 by Pullups4Days »»
Jun 27, 5:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.