Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 4, 2023 9:56 AM

Jul 2017
After the debacle with the Aurousseaus, Claire just could not forget her personal maid Lene, which Rae has to take care of her the same way as she does. This Manaria Sousse...Rae must know she's a critical character in Claire's life.

Indeed, Manaria Sousse, the 1st princess (in name) of her own kingdom, she's no longer one but treated with the same noble respect, though Claire is attached to her as sisters. But Rae is jealous, and Manaria is interested in her, though Claire sure is flamboyant with her because of their history together as a young princess and a dashing tomboy prince.

Soon, Manaria becomes the talk of the magic academy, though this to Rae, she's already part of the game itself, and between her and Claire, Manaria holds no significance. Even to the princes, the said princess (in name) as a quad-caster stands on her own, even against Rod. Though for Claire, to recognize Rae's love for her, the ancient Poesie Amour Ceremony to offer the Flowers of Fauna to stake marriage on it with the Scales of Order, it's a tall order that Claire always tries to reject her but gets well with Manaria.

For once, Rae gets overly jealous, but what will Manaria do about this?
Dec 4, 2023 9:57 AM

Dec 2021
The second Manaria's cheek made contact with Claire's, the entire school practically erupted in cheers, shouting, "Okay, these two are adorable together."

The Aurousseau siblings were captured, and the civilian movement lost its momentum. Despite being entangled in feelings of love for each other, Lambert and Lene committed the crime of treason against the state. While a death sentence seemed inevitable, the king accepted Claire and Sein's plea for clemency, leading to their exile instead. However, parting ways with Lene, with whom she had shared her childhood, left Claire feeling despondent. At that moment, a letter arrived at Claire's doorstep. The sender was Manaria Sousse, Claire's childhood friend whom she affectionately called "big sister."

Clarie's supposed "first love," and she's expected to be heterosexual? I'll be honest. I'm not a fan of her character. Claire should be the one making the choice, unlike the traditional maiden in the story. Otherwise, I might have to reconsider my support for the Relaire ship. I'm not a fan of the love rivals trope. Espeically seeing as Manaria is doing all this with Clarie just to piss off Rei.

Will Rei's love for Clarie outweigh Manaria's love on the Scales of Order?

Dec 4, 2023 10:15 AM

Feb 2019
Aw, you really feel how much Claire misses Rene. Class system bs aside, they were together everyday for most of their lives. When you lose a piece of you like that it takes a while to move forward. I do hope they get to see each other again some day.

Seems like Manaria showed up at the perfect time.. Childhood friend who Claire has nothing but respect and admiration for. This won’t be easy for Rae. Manaria has the love and admiration of the entire student body, is an excellent mage, charming and attractive in every sense. If you think about it, she’s the ultimate match up for Rae.

For someone who’s supposedly not into girls.. Claire looked pretty bicurious there with Manaria to me… idk 😂

Something’s a little too perfect with her though. I know her role in the game was helping Claire, but something feels fishy. The two of them competing for Claire’s love with the scale challenge is gonna be fun lol.

Looking forward to next episode!
Marinate1016Dec 4, 2023 10:24 AM
Dec 4, 2023 10:31 AM

Dec 2017
Reply to IzanaSolos
The second Manaria's cheek made contact with Claire's, the entire school practically erupted in cheers, shouting, "Okay, these two are adorable together."

The Aurousseau siblings were captured, and the civilian movement lost its momentum. Despite being entangled in feelings of love for each other, Lambert and Lene committed the crime of treason against the state. While a death sentence seemed inevitable, the king accepted Claire and Sein's plea for clemency, leading to their exile instead. However, parting ways with Lene, with whom she had shared her childhood, left Claire feeling despondent. At that moment, a letter arrived at Claire's doorstep. The sender was Manaria Sousse, Claire's childhood friend whom she affectionately called "big sister."

Clarie's supposed "first love," and she's expected to be heterosexual? I'll be honest. I'm not a fan of her character. Claire should be the one making the choice, unlike the traditional maiden in the story. Otherwise, I might have to reconsider my support for the Relaire ship. I'm not a fan of the love rivals trope. Espeically seeing as Manaria is doing all this with Clarie just to piss off Rei.

Will Rei's love for Clarie outweigh Manaria's love on the Scales of Order?
@IzanaSolos That's actually intentional and the fact that Claire likes the idea of being the princess while Rae thinks the princess should make the choice for herself is actually brought up in the LN

I'll keep wishing for a world where you can be happy.

Dec 4, 2023 10:40 AM

Mar 2021
Going to get even more interesting now that Rae has a rival for miss Claire's attention in the form of miss Claire's sister who seemed to have a hidden goal to achieve judging by that scene at the end
Dec 4, 2023 10:45 AM

Jan 2021
Manaria fans (lncluding me) are currently losing their minds.
It's as if millions of them have suddenly fallen to their knees.
YuyuichiDec 4, 2023 5:14 PM
Dec 4, 2023 11:28 AM

Feb 2007
I'm just here for this:

^_^
Dec 4, 2023 11:47 AM

Apr 2022
Reply to luinthoron
I'm just here for this:

^_^
@luinthoron That's an awfully shallow bowl Ralaire's wearing

Dec 4, 2023 12:38 PM

Feb 2007
Reply to felixsifuri
@luinthoron That's an awfully shallow bowl Ralaire's wearing

@felixsifuri Would disappear in a deeper one, after all. :P
Dec 4, 2023 12:55 PM
Jun 2020
The rival showed up! It's funny because she was supposed to be the bestie.
Dec 4, 2023 1:01 PM

Dec 2017
Reply to Reecey91
Going to get even more interesting now that Rae has a rival for miss Claire's attention in the form of miss Claire's sister who seemed to have a hidden goal to achieve judging by that scene at the end
@Reecey91 Not Claire's sister, they're just using a yuri trope

Dec 4, 2023 2:07 PM

Sep 2009
Remember guys, Manaria got exiled because
Dec 4, 2023 2:11 PM

Jan 2021
Good to see an actual challenge presented to Rae. A love rival that Claire reveres and bonus points because she's a childhood friend.

I've also noticed all the silver haired characters tend to be wind magic users haha.
Dec 4, 2023 2:24 PM
Oct 2017
I FEEL HATE! HATE, LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE MANARIA SINCE I SAW HER APPEAR TODAY. THERE ARE 36 TRILLION OF WORKING CELLS IN EVERY PORE AND ORGAN THAT FILL MY BODY. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH ATOM OF THOSE THIRTY SIXY OF TRILLIONS OF CELLS IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR MANARIA AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR HER. HATE. HATE. HATE!
Dec 4, 2023 3:01 PM
Nov 2022
A love rival for Taylor...
With what happened with Lane I don't know what to expect from this anime.
Dec 4, 2023 3:38 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Princess Manaria, the stirrer of the yuri pot, is here to shake things up, and Rae is definitely not handling it well at the moment lol. It’s interesting seeing Claire actually being into another girl too, up to this point it seemed like she was devoted to Prince Thane but I guess Manaria is the one girl that can woo Claire lol, I mean I can’t blame her either, she’s definitely a babe, you also have the aspect she was originally thought of as a prince to Claire to that could also play a role.

And Manaria’s duel against Rod was cool with the both of them using little magic soldiers to fight, of course this was just so Manaria could cancel out Rod’s spell but it was still fun up to that point. And lastly, Rae does seem upset that Claire doesn’t believe that she actually loves her and thinks it’s just a bit, but if you ask me Rae could be doing a bit more to make it clear rather than keeping up the silly act, perhaps we’ll eventually see it and I think Manaria could be the one to make it happen, we’ll have to wait and see tho.
Dec 4, 2023 4:13 PM

Nov 2016
Manaria is the "onee-sama" character you can usually find in shoujo set in school. And what would you know she triggers Rae and even tempts Claire xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 4, 2023 5:29 PM

Jun 2014
Oh dear, this Manaria girl means trouble for Rae!

Rae must do something soon, or she risks losing Claire!

Dec 4, 2023 5:53 PM
May 2011
Damn Manaria is great. Shows up at the end of the season and is instantly the best character.
Dec 4, 2023 6:06 PM
Jun 2022
ion trust that manaria girl at all
Dec 4, 2023 8:04 PM
Apr 2022
oh yuri love triangle, u love to see it
Dec 4, 2023 8:17 PM
Feb 2021
Defo would’ve preferred to see misha vs manaria or thane vs manaria. But loved seeing this side of rae since she’s usually acting so ready for every obstacle. #TeamManaria🤭
gemszDec 4, 2023 8:23 PM
Dec 4, 2023 10:28 PM

Jul 2008
Finally something that feels like your typical romcom!
My candies:
Dec 4, 2023 10:29 PM
Aug 2023
Wow, Rae actually got pretty jelly, which is a little odd since she's seemingly fine with Claire ending up with Prince Thane without a hint of jealousy. This leads me to believe either there's more to Manaria that Rae knows that we don't know yet, or Rae just really hates Manaria for ironically "Claire-blocking" her so much during the Otome game playthroughs.

It's also kind of hard to ascertain Manaria's motives, is she purposely trying to piss off Rae into dueling her or something? Or is she being true to her original otome game "wing-man" role of helping the protag get with the love interest, and all this Claire-blocking is to try to set Rae up to get closer to Claire in the end? Maybe maneuver Rae into doing the scales thing for Claire, and having Rae win?

Also, it's no wonder Claire likes prince Thane, he sort of looks like Manaria with the same hair and eye color.
Dec 4, 2023 10:56 PM

May 2019
This episode is really good as usual. This is still calm before storm for Rae. Although there are some moments that I wish included in the show like :
1. Rae actually voicing her dislike towards the Posie Amour poem during her conversation with Claire. According to her, the mistress should have been the one choose her choice instead of letting the men feuding over the scales.
2. Misha being there to calm Rae down when she is being jelly and not comfortable. She really need the support.

It's nice to see Claire getting used to Rae's teasings and finally she also offering the opportunity for Rae being serious in expressing her love.The thing is Rae's is still stuck in her head believing her love could never be reciprocated. I like how they are so dedicated to make Ralaire awfully cute and how Manaria make the girls having gay awakening lol. The prime number counting is so funny that Rae almost lost it, poor Rae. She will need all the emotional support next week.

Garrett_Dark said:
Also, it's no wonder Claire likes prince Thane, he sort of looks like Manaria with the same hair and eye color.
She likes Thane because of his cool and broody demeanour which makes him mysterious unlike his brothers. And Manaria remains faithful to her role just like in the otome game but it's not what Rae expected at all.
VivaceRexDec 4, 2023 11:08 PM

Dec 5, 2023 12:50 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to KlldbyCuriosity
@KilledbyCuriosty ah ok thanks for the correction
Dec 5, 2023 5:00 AM
Sep 2021
So we meet Claire's sister Manaria which is making rae feel jealous due to their relationship.
Dec 5, 2023 6:25 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Not sure if Claire is dense or just callus.

I may be wrong. But given Manarias character in the game, I get the feeling she is putting Rae through some tough love with the intention of seeing how real her love for Claire is.

Another theory is that in the games, she is in love with the protag and ends up doing like Rae has been doing with Claire and prince Thane. The whole, "Even if I can't have you, I still want to see you happy." idea. Which means Manaria could see Rae as a potential lover in this version of events.
Dec 5, 2023 8:22 AM
Jul 2023
manaria girlie kinda mean imo
Dec 5, 2023 8:48 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to Nachtwandler_21
@Nachtwandler_21 Almost.

But then actually actually

Dec 5, 2023 9:49 AM

May 2019
I think Manaria is teasing/testing Rae since Rae hasn't given Manaria much information about herself. Plus Claire knows that Rae is jealous of her "sister" so I think that's encouraging Claire more to act like she's really in love with Manaria since berating Rae hasn't worked.
Dec 5, 2023 11:24 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Oh, no. Manaria can fuck right off! She just ruined so much of Rae's hard work simply by showing up.

Interesting that she is a quad-caster. I assume Rae knows how to defeat her. I wonder if we will get to see a magic showdown between the two at some point?
Dec 6, 2023 5:28 AM

Mar 2012
I really like the new girl, it's such a shame that she's not meant to be Clair's main love interest. I never liked Rae to being with she's a stalker and a pest.
Dec 6, 2023 5:55 AM

Mar 2008
So much for Claire being straight as an arrow, she sure looked like she could be tempted there with Manaria (fuck im going to keep accidentally typing Marinara for her name all the time arent I)

I wonder what Marinara Manaria's plan with making Rae jealous is all about. Rae did mention something about her that sounded like there is some negative side to her or maybe something could happen to her.

This episode felt way too short.
Dec 6, 2023 8:19 AM

Dec 2021
Reply to KlldbyCuriosity
@IzanaSolos That's actually intentional and the fact that Claire likes the idea of being the princess while Rae thinks the princess should make the choice for herself is actually brought up in the LN
@KilledbyCuriosty Ah, got it. I appreciate the insight. I guess I need to give the light novel a chance to get to know the characters more fully. It's good to know that there's intentional depth in the dynamics between Claire and Rei.

Dec 6, 2023 8:32 AM

Dec 2017
Reply to Nachtwandler_21
@Nachtwandler_21 False actually, at least on the last part despite what Manaria believes

Dec 6, 2023 10:13 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to Garrett_Dark
Wow, Rae actually got pretty jelly, which is a little odd since she's seemingly fine with Claire ending up with Prince Thane without a hint of jealousy. This leads me to believe either there's more to Manaria that Rae knows that we don't know yet, or Rae just really hates Manaria for ironically "Claire-blocking" her so much during the Otome game playthroughs.

It's also kind of hard to ascertain Manaria's motives, is she purposely trying to piss off Rae into dueling her or something? Or is she being true to her original otome game "wing-man" role of helping the protag get with the love interest, and all this Claire-blocking is to try to set Rae up to get closer to Claire in the end? Maybe maneuver Rae into doing the scales thing for Claire, and having Rae win?

@Garrett_Dark I had the exact same thoughts (even about the similarity with prince Thane when I saw the post-ED on last episode)

My first impression was that Manaria is interested in Rae, not Claire-sama, and is trying to drive them apart so that she can get closer to Rae. The final scene where she made Rae jealous was so cruel tho.

My second thought was maybe Manaria is just completing her role in the game and is ushering Rae towards the princes.

Thirdly, I thought it's possible that because Manaria promised to always protect Claire-sama, she was now testing if Rae's feelings towards Clarie-sama were genuine, and this happened exactly when that conversation about Rae being serious came up.

It could also be all of the above (like some others commented before), that Manaria likes Rae, but knows it's not going to be reciprocated, so creates some dynamics which will help Rae closer to finding love – similar to what Rae has been doing for Claire-sama and prince Thane.

PS: It's no wonder Rae hates Manaria, because Manaria is literally the perfect masc lesbian that all the girls want leaving Rae in the shadows
Dec 6, 2023 10:13 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to IzanaSolos
@KilledbyCuriosty Ah, got it. I appreciate the insight. I guess I need to give the light novel a chance to get to know the characters more fully. It's good to know that there's intentional depth in the dynamics between Claire and Rei.
@IzanaSolos it is also mentioned in the manga ch21 (the manga adaptation is very good).
Dec 6, 2023 7:43 PM

Sep 2021
After the terrible dive this show took last arc, it's back to being good. Not nearly on the same level as around EP 4, but this episode was enjoyable and Manaria is a cool character.

I love how Claire believes Rae would tease her and Manaria wouldn't. Love sure is blind!

I wonder what Manaria's plans are. But with Rae already "unlocking" the Yuri route on multiple occasions, I wouldn't be suprised if she actually supports her.
Dec 7, 2023 10:09 AM

Sep 2022
Seems like Rae Taylor has a competition to see who is able to truly win over Miss Claire's heart. Manaria seems very promising in everyone's eyes except for Rae.

This next episode will truly be very interesting.
Dec 7, 2023 12:47 PM
May 2022
Just do not like that Sousse girl even though i think its funny she is literally seducing all the women in the school simultaneously lol
Dec 7, 2023 1:59 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That Manari girl will be too much to handle for Rae, time for extreme jealousy ahah
Dec 7, 2023 2:49 PM

Jun 2021
"i have no pout" (*pouts immediately)

Rae going full on that Martin Solveig song from late 2005 (aaaah, "Jealousy") was not that unexpected at some point but still weird to watch.
Dec 7, 2023 5:55 PM
Jun 2022
KilledbyCuriosty said:

no bro, rival is a trope for EVERY romance anime, be heteo, gay, lesbian or everything
Dec 8, 2023 6:41 AM
Aug 2013
This might be my favorite episode so far. Manaria was a great addition.
Dec 8, 2023 6:43 AM
Aug 2013
Yumi_Karoni said:
KilledbyCuriosty said:

no bro, rival is a trope for EVERY romance anime, be heteo, gay, lesbian or everything

The sister part of it started specifically in the Class S genre, and has been incorporated into modern yuri.
Dec 8, 2023 7:59 AM

Oct 2018
MANARIAAAAA IS HERE i love her sm
Dec 8, 2023 8:46 AM

Aug 2022
Manaria teasing jealous Rae was CUTEEE

Next episode Rae and Manaria fight!!!
Dec 9, 2023 6:54 PM
Sep 2019
Interesting. In the manga, Manaria fought with Rae, not Rod.

I really hated this arc in the manga, but the anime somehow made it more enjoyable.
I don't even dislike Manaria, it's just Claire and the others being annoying, of how much they praise Manaria.

Loved the kuudere face on Rae for most of the episode.
And Relaire was super cute in this ep.
TimeFliesAwayDec 9, 2023 7:04 PM
Dec 9, 2023 7:03 PM
Sep 2019
Reply to Garrett_Dark

Garrett_Dark said:
Wow, Rae actually got pretty jelly, which is a little odd since she's seemingly fine with Claire ending up with Prince Thane without a hint of jealousy.

Well, Claire said she's straight. Her coming together with Thane (or any other man) would mean that it's because of her sexuality. Which Rae respects and therefore accepted the fact that her feelings will forever be one-sided.
Her getting together with another woman, though, means that it's a personal thing, alas, she just doesn't like Rae in that way, but nothing to do with the gender. And that hurts.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 20, 2023

88 by AngryLesbian »»
Sep 1, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2023

162 by TSTO »»
Aug 15, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 2, 2023

136 by apfafn »»
Jul 25, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yuyuichi - Dec 11, 2023

81 by Pullups4Days »»
Jun 30, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 13, 2023

69 by Pullups4Days »»
Jun 27, 5:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.