Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Oct 28, 2011 9:48 PM

May 2010
Will someone please tell me what's going on? LOl. This is like Code Geass all over again
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 30, 2011 1:31 PM

Jul 2011
Linkark07 said:
Jlopes3 said:
I am willing to bet that Gai is going to get killed and Shu will take over the leadership of "funeral parlor" (that was the name right?).

Didn't think of Shu taking the leadership but I'm with you, so sure that Gai will be killed. And I'm also wondering if he will betray Shu because that guy has something he wants.

Yeah I can see Gui betraying shu and being killed that way. Hopefully this anime turns out to be good, it's very predictable right now, we'll see what happens.
Oct 31, 2011 5:22 PM

Mar 2010
Non as interesting as the first episode. but definitely more action and a little more depth. Not sure if I enjoyed the switch flip with Shu's personality. He went from being a loser, to a super confident hero in less than one episode. Interesting, was it because he touched Inori's chest (O.o) I bet it was! That's always how it works! Looking forward to the next!
Nov 2, 2011 3:41 AM

Nov 2010
Way to go Lelouch, errr I mean Shu!
Nov 2, 2011 7:06 PM

Jul 2011
1lau said:
Way to go Lelouch, errr I mean Shu!

Lelouch is nothing like Shu...
Nov 3, 2011 4:36 PM

Dec 2009
Holy shit this episode was INCREDIBLE!!!

The action scenes were also incredible with awesome animation. My eyes bled watching it lol ^_^

The music is beautiful and awesome. The opening is awesome... This episode was just too good to be true....
Too bad the only way now is down.. -_-'
Nov 4, 2011 5:14 PM

Dec 2007
DAMN§§§!!!

That's the best comment I could give, sorry.
Nov 5, 2011 1:01 PM

May 2010
Everyone's complaining about the fanservice, and it's true that it changes the tone that they established with the first episode. I thought it was going to be a more serious anime, but I'm actually pleasantly surprised at the direction this show's taking. There's plenty of rehashes of the whole rebelling against oppressive government theme, it would be kind of boring if they took it too seriously. Instead, they decided to make the show more fun and entertaining!

I might be biased because I actually liked the fanservice though. It's much better than the typical "look how big these boobs are!" or the slo-mo pantyshots you usually see. They understand that if you're gonna throw in fanservice, then at least do it right :)
“Money can't buy dere”
Nov 6, 2011 11:15 PM

Sep 2008
I was bored for the first fifteen minutes, then it got fun for a couple minutes when the plan came together, and then it finally got me interested with that ending, namely the kids decision to not join the fight.

Honestly I'm kind of on the fence here. Not like two minutes of awesome per episode hasn't been enough for me in the past, but it's gotta be really freaking awesome if it's gonna pull that off. Plus it can't seem to decide if it's being serious or goofy, and seems incapable of juggling the two emotional tonalities in a way where they don't both reduce eachother rather than enhance. Plus, while I'm a fan of fanservice in general this just feels tacky and distasteful, plus it's not really doing anything for me except for that couple seconds that Tsugumi got.

We'll see how this turns out. This show's got all the right pieces, but that can either be good or just a frankenstein monster that mocks our concept of humanity by its very existence. Looking forward to seeing what we got here though.
Nov 7, 2011 2:13 AM

Nov 2008
Eww, i like the OP.But the show is.... just feel like punching them in the faces.Pink hair girl,joining the main character class... wtf
Nov 7, 2011 10:36 AM

May 2011
I was about to rewatch Code Geass but no need to do that anymore. Well no I wasn't, but damn how much these have similarities.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 7, 2011 7:59 PM

Oct 2009
What the fuck is going on!?

Nov 10, 2011 3:57 PM

Apr 2009
I just came here to check out people's reaction to the ass bump. While seeing Kitty girl, I was thinking of Kirino(her VA) and Kuroneko(she looks kind of like her) and suddenly she dances and bumps her ass.....LOL.

All I can say about the fanservice is that no show that starts in a classroom can really be as serious as GITS(I bet there are those that say even that had fanservice). Its not like they did a beach special. Its quite moderate and I would say about the right amount so that I don't take this show very seriously and ruin it for myself. I remember doing that for Index and hating that show the first time I watched it.

Its like James Bond movies, you know more or less know what to expect. The acting and the production are that which actually determine how much you enjoy it. And I have to say IG is doing an awesome job here(esp. animation) and the seiyuu are great as well.
Nov 19, 2011 5:43 AM

Oct 2010
ChronosXIII said:
Gai really is like Lelouch except he's got the physical capabilities of Suzaku too, what a boss.

THIS. So far, am liking Gai. I just hope I don't regret my words.

Well, this was awesome. I loved the explosions. And Daryl, lol. Bi-polar guy is crazy. Also, Inori's songs are better than I expected them to be. Oh, supercell. ♥
[insert awesome signature here]
Nov 21, 2011 6:55 PM

Apr 2008
This episode makes Gai rather a fascinating character so far. Also Shu getting the Kaleidoscope from Daryl was something else.
Nov 24, 2011 6:19 PM
Mar 2010
InoriYuzuriha said:
Yumekichi11 said:
echan12101992 said:
Not a fan of "fan service," it takes away from the seriousness IMO. *SPOILER* OK so some people are going to get executed [serious!] ! Let's go! Oh hey... random ventilation scene with Inori's ass in your face....was it necessary?" Doesn't do much good for the atmosphere at least in my shoes. [And don't get me started on Ayase + That other girl's ass bump] I was hoping for a "Serious" Anime.
Iyeah please WTF @

seriously, it totally does take it more ecchi fun than serious shit. It tends to combine it but rather poorly in the sens of too much or exaggerated I mean if that was not enough there is Tsumugi ass in the face:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2010/7fea3ae5.gif
not to mention more explicit orgasms of the pilot:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2010/6a6d23e7.gif
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2010/f9e84bed.gif
Yeah that tells more than enough considering these are GIFs I found on the net just now to see how the craziness is spreading. Nope these are not mines at all. So I think yeah it's getting towards some ways to making more money based on that.

Yeah. But ecchi is also in Code Geass, Evangelion and I don't know.

And to Ayase: She's suffering. She's connected with her roboter, and when the roboter get's damage, she also feels that. Try to don't breath so in such a situation.

Still, there's quite a bit of fanservice, esp. only in one episode.

But this show seems interesting and I'll prob keep watching.
Daryl jst seems crazy. I hope he has some explanation, or he's just pure evil. But after Shu took out Daryl's Void, does he need to return it or else Daryl dies? or does Shu just keep it to use? These weapons from Voids are pretty cool, but I don't understand exactly how they work.
Nov 28, 2011 12:14 PM

Aug 2008
I somewhat get what is going on here, but there are way too many characters and things being introduced for me to say I really I get it. There is a oppressive force that I can only compare to possibly the Titans, A-LAWS or Code Geass's royalty. There is a band of rebels with a very charismatic and capable leader. And Japan is screwed (when does that NOT happen?). Everything else? Forget it! I'm not even trying.

Dec 9, 2011 5:08 PM
Nov 2011
This episode was awesome, Shu already seems a different character from Episode 2, although honestly, I'm getting a Yin vibe (Darker than black) from Inori a bit, but I'm hoping she isn't just going to be some 'token' in the plot moving forward. Graphics are awesome, and the ending of this episode leaves you wondering whether Shu is just naive, seriously, he just goes back to his life?>??

Well I'd not place bets on that, but we'l see what happens in the next few episodes.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Dec 23, 2011 1:54 AM

Apr 2009
Ah, the fan service as always. Stunning.
Dec 28, 2011 4:35 AM

Nov 2011
I don't think this show is going to disappoint me
Dec 31, 2011 12:29 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode, liked it a lot more than the first. Wow, Gai is so awesome! He predicted everything huh? I'm liking him more and more :D
Daryl, the blond guy, is kinda crazy o_O His voice seems really familiar too ... I like most of the side characters so far, they seem pretty cool lol. So to pilot the robots they don't actually get inside it but sit inside that controller thing right? Though they can feel the "pain" of their robots it seems ...
Really liked it at the end when Shu turned Gai down though, to return to his everyday life. Then of course the old transfer student thing and in comes Inori ... *sigh* Well, it was fun while it lasted (like 10 seconds lol)
Shu's weapon can change at will then? Since it was the sword then it became this reflector thing ... agh, I'm still kinda confused lol X_X
Jan 4, 2012 10:27 AM

Aug 2011
¡ECCHI! ¬‿¬....
but I really don't like lot of fanservice ._.
Jan 4, 2012 11:10 AM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
echan12101992 said:
Not a fan of "fan service," it takes away from the seriousness IMO. *SPOILER* OK so some people are going to get executed [serious!] ! Let's go! Oh hey... random ventilation scene with Inori's ass in your face....was it necessary?" Doesn't do much good for the atmosphere at least in my shoes. [And don't get me started on Ayase + That other girl's ass bump] I was hoping for a "Serious" Anime.
Iyeah please WTF @

seriously, it totally does take it more ecchi fun than serious shit. It tends to combine it but rather poorly in the sens of too much or exaggerated I mean if that was not enough there is Tsumugi ass in the face:

not to mention more explicit orgasms of the pilot:

Yeah that tells more than enough considering these are GIFs I found on the net just now to see how the craziness is spreading. Nope these are not mines at all. So I think yeah it's getting towards some ways to making more money based on that.
Jan 13, 2012 4:10 AM

Jul 2009
Holy... Talk about pointless fanservice.

I thought MoD set a record for cliches-per-second, but GC is running up pretty close. Who knows, maybe it will beat it? :P So - GC is trying to be serious, but due to the insane amount of said cliches - it fails. And trying to be serious and failing is an EPIC FAIL in my book.

Oh, I forgot! DEM ART & ANIMATIONZ!!!11 MAKEZ DIS ANIMU PERFECT AND EPIC!!!!!!!1111111one

Nope.
Mar 3, 2012 1:31 AM

Sep 2009
TO MUCH FANSERVICE.
-flips a table-
Mar 23, 2012 1:52 PM
Jul 2018
For how much action this episode had, it wasn't very engaging. The only part I really liked was the reflecting laser beam spam at the end. I'm guessing the Genome Void or whatever being powered by THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP is going to get really groanworthy later on.

Most of the fanservice detracted from the episode too. Liked the ass bump though.

Yumekichi11 said:

Mar 23, 2012 8:19 PM

Nov 2011
Great episode and dat surprise @ the end :>
Mar 27, 2012 11:24 PM

Sep 2011
Another awesome episode, I really enjoyed it! :)

Some little things not explained but its alright, still a lot more episodes for that! :D
Mar 28, 2012 4:20 PM
Jan 2012
The animation is so preddeehhh.
Daryl Yan. Evil. So cruel!
Love the technology in this anime. I mean, a phone that flips open and shows a holographic display of the person you are talking to? Awesome. Who is that girl that lost her ship? Aaawww Ayase likes the commander AHAHAHA and just when I say that, Tsugumi teases her.
FAIL. FAIL THE VOID GENOM FELL INTO THE PATHETIC MAIN CHARACTER'S HANDS AND NOT INTO THE HANDSOME COMMANDER GAI'S GRASP. FAIL. Shu, baka.
Anti Bodies. Daryl creeps me out. I like his armor robot though. I like Gai. No pressure Shu but everything is riding on you. WHIA DARYL'S VOID IS AWESOME.
Another rainbow song :3

"That had to be a once-in-a-lifetime adventure." lol if only you knew Shu. If only you knew.
Apr 10, 2012 9:15 PM

Mar 2009
Tsugumi was quite annoying and that girl's "scream" sounded like something else.
Apr 11, 2012 12:50 AM
Jul 2018
When does this get bad? It's been pretty great so far.
Jul 20, 2012 9:50 AM
Feb 2008
The production values are still top notch. Though I must admit some of the designs don't seem to be as neat. Still getting a huge CG meets Rideback vibe and Inori is huge dropoff from C.C.'s cool yet sassy persona. I lost it at the end with the transfer student cliche. I'm hoping that was done ironically but considering it's how it's going to move the plot along I don't know.

I think considering his nature as a one of a kind WMD, they would've kidnapped Shu to fight for them which would lead to some dramatic plot threads at least initially. Daryl was the typical CURHAZY bad guy, looking forward to his eventual breakdown and death (unless he died in that reflector trap but I thought he was offsite)

The Genome void thing being something activated by people's introns was a neat idea though.
Jul 20, 2012 7:25 PM

Nov 2011
How do they always get this transfer student stuff to work! lol

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Aug 10, 2012 8:19 PM

Jul 2012
Dcmac12 said:
When does this get bad? It's been pretty great so far.

Agreed.

So it was all a flashback then? Didn't really pay attention to most of the cliches that everyone else discussed, 'cept for that transfer student scene. This is really enjoyable so far.
Nov 5, 2012 11:41 AM

Oct 2009
Stunning animation and wow
Jan 10, 2013 1:08 PM

May 2012
Great episode really loved the action in this one, if they keep it up this will be quite a promising show!
Apr 24, 2013 12:44 PM

Oct 2011
It still feels strange... The pace is forced and rushed. The characters seem unnatural to me... This series doesn't convince me, but I'll keep watching.
Aug 3, 2013 5:00 AM

Jul 2013
I just have to say... I can't believe Shu left Gai hanging!
Aug 10, 2013 10:25 AM

May 2013
Inori transfers to his school so predictable hahaha . i know some of us are only watching this because of Inori hahaha. that Lieutenant kid really pissed me off

MercuriAug 10, 2013 10:33 AM
Aug 21, 2013 9:58 AM

Apr 2012
What about the hostages, they didn't seem all that concerned about rescuing them? First they wait until they begin the execution before they show up, then they make sure we know that they don't care about the hostages by indiscriminately reflecting the lasers. Sure there were some hostages rescued but what percentage, 10%?
Sorry kid your now an orphan.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Sep 12, 2013 11:49 AM

Sep 2012
I am personally a really big fan of Guilty Crown so far.

Production value is absolutely gorgeous, and is some of the best I have seen, or at least piques my interest more than most other Anime.
The Character design is, for the most part, very interesting, and really takes a bit of a different view from what I halfway expected to be a CG clone.

And hey, I have gone through Rosario+Vampire and Girls Bravo, no fanservice will ever be able to turn me off of my search for the most interesting story!
Oct 3, 2013 1:00 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Yumekichi11 said:
Guess they are using the friendship emotional powers to determine the weapons is my IMO on it. Cliche gimmick if you ask me of weapons becoming more powerful with emotions. I suspect love will be the most powerful emotion and that it will change the world .

I mean look at it, sure does not look like it's filled with love as much as our world right now as an example.

Regardless fun as ever.

I always thought the more anger, rage a person feels to change the world for the better , the more powerful the weapon will be. Well so far pretty good start, and Inori crosses paths with Shu once again,

Dec 7, 2013 11:18 AM

May 2013
I Like how this is going, but i need some more explanations about shous power
Dec 21, 2013 11:27 AM

Jul 2013
"The power of the King will make you lonely indeed." Oh wait, that's Code Geass. I haven't felt an attachment to any of the characters yet, although I do like many of their designs. However, Lelouch is 100X more interesting than Shu. 3/5, but I'll keep watching unless it gets worse.
Dec 22, 2013 10:01 AM

Oct 2013
It's the real thing man
Feb 1, 2014 11:32 PM

Jun 2013
Man, that was intense. I'm really loving the art style and music so far. That lieutenant deserved to die, he was just horrible.
Mar 15, 2014 12:47 AM

Feb 2014
I'll be typing this as I watch the episode.

May 23, 2014 6:22 PM
Oct 2013
J. Michael Tatum! I love when voice actors show up in unexpected places! Renge too, although she's not Renge (I haven't actually learned cat-girls name yet). That being said, what in the world is a kaleidoscope plan and is Darryl dead? I'm already getting tired of Shu's self-pity/hatred, I hope he snaps out of it soon. Also the shows a little heavy on ecchi, but still bearable. I see potential, I just hope it turns into something.
Jul 28, 2014 8:09 AM
Aug 14, 2014 10:51 PM

Mar 2014
didn't expect him 2 reject gai guess inoris gonna have 2 convince him now
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

41 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Jun 13, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 1, 2011

394 by Starbraker61 »»
Feb 25, 2:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.