Forum Settings
Forums

is the spot for your #1 fave anime fixed or flexible ?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 30, 10:53 PM

Dec 2020
For some time I thought that no anime would be able to ever top Steins;Gate in my eyes, but when they adapt all the light novels I believe that Mushoku Tensei will at the very least have a joint 1st place. S;G is insanely good, but Mushoku has some intagible things that no other story has ever made me feel. The feeling of such an enormous overarching story, the mysteries and lore, the insane magic system and the world that talks to you.
"Those words are meant for those that dare defy god's final warning... An epigraph of their stubbornness"
- Maho Hiyajo (Steins;Gate 0)
Mar 31, 3:30 AM
Aug 2016
@soniyay Hey, what about you? I read u are more flexible, but what are your favorites? It was for you btw, thanks for reading
@Andiff i agree with you, but also it depends on "objective factors", for example if you like X genre, and u´ve watched the main animes of that genres, and you have your top1 spot, then the only option is for future animes to come! Also, my favorite to me is a masterpiece, is difficult to find masterpieces, and also masterpieces that connect to your own personal taste.
Mar 31, 5:08 AM
May 2022
I’d say it’s flexible but it hasn’t changed in a long while. If certain manga I’ve read get adapted or fully adapted maybe it could drop but it’s not likely right now.
Mar 31, 5:49 AM

Oct 2023
I mean sure, I hope one day Steins Gate will be dethroned from my number 1 spot because that will mean I have discovered an even greater masterpiece.
Mar 31, 5:56 AM

Jan 2021
I'm open to finding a better anime than death note

but there isn't an anime which left nearly close of an impact on me as death note has

it just stays goated
Mar 31, 6:00 AM

Oct 2019
There is always a chance, but its not likely.

the thing is, I believe there will never be another show that can make me feel the same way steins;gate made me feel....

But there also other shows that had a very unique impact on me.... so idk, never say never.

As far as titles i have seen go, The only ones that may have a chance with later season/s are made in abyss and death parade.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Mar 31, 6:04 AM

Jan 2021
I think nothing will ever top Clannad After Story imo. So it will always be my favorite.
Mar 31, 6:11 AM

Apr 2016
my favorite anime will always stay the same, no matter what.
Mar 31, 7:15 AM

Jan 2022
Technically flexible, but it really has to be exceptionally good for my #1 to change. Something as good as Inception, Interstellar, or Return of the King, if we want to reference western media.
Mar 31, 8:49 AM

Sep 2023
I have 5 animes currently favorited on my profile. I think those all occupy the number one spot. The only similarities that those animes have with each other is vaguely being slice of life. They're all different in their own ways, and thats why I like them. I think it would unwise to try to rank them one through five when they're all about different things.

Be safe and well travels,
Chris
Mar 31, 12:25 PM

Dec 2020
I thought it was flexible at first but after watching quite some animes I think it's fixed now

Complex Stories are basically sleeping pills . Helps to get some sleep .

Mar 31, 12:32 PM
May 2019
Fixed no one can take place of parasite the maxim.
Mar 31, 1:55 PM

Nov 2019
Of course my number #1 can change but for that to happened it would mean something should resonate so deeply on a personal level at the exact point in my life, which is quite frankly said, rare. However, the older you get, the more you change as a person. For an example my top 3 anime 5 years ago are not even among my top 10 right now.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Mar 31, 2:08 PM

Feb 2022
My top 2 (One Piece & Gintama) are permanently fixed in place, they mean way too much to me on a personal level to think they could ever be surpassed.
Mar 31, 2:15 PM

Apr 2012
I've already removed a number of shows from my favorites because they either received a development that does not suit me or I simply lost interest in them.
Mar 31, 3:52 PM

Oct 2020
Violet Evergarden is locked for me, I don't see it getting replaced.
Mar 31, 4:31 PM

Apr 2022
yeah i don't see my top 4 (one piece, gintama, evangelion, initial D) ever changing because they all resonate with me in one way or either that other shows just can't replicate. i also very highly doubt steins gate, nana and karekano will ever get topped for me so i guess you could say my top 7 are locked but i'll have to rewatch S;G to affirm that because its been a while.
Mar 31, 6:17 PM

May 2018
I don't have a deadset #1, but even if I did... it's flexible. there's always a possibility that a new anime will absolutely blow my socks off, and occasionally an anime can stop being so appealing if I discover that the author or a producer is a pedophile or something along those lines (ruins the experience.... lowkey hxh and hisoka's voice actor come to mind)
NoelleIsSleepyMar 31, 6:20 PM
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
Mar 31, 11:18 PM
Feb 2021
Yes, Naruto is my no.1 and it will probably never change
Mar 31, 11:28 PM

May 2018
Isn't having number one favorite a proof of inflexible mindset to begin with?

By the way, the 10 favorites in my profile aren't my top 10. Those are only examples of what genres I like.
alshuApr 1, 1:39 AM
Mar 31, 11:46 PM

Aug 2017
my #1 fave anime is fixed. everything about this anime is a masterpiece.
Mar 31, 11:51 PM
Jul 2018
mines are very flexible, my favorites can always change anytime :<
Apr 1, 12:38 AM

Feb 2016
Flexible. I don't even know what my #1 favorite anime really even is to be quite honest. I have one for Visual Novels (Muramasa) and Manga(Berserk) but with Anime kinda hard to pick haha. I do have a top 3 though. But yes it's entirely possible for any or all of them to be dethroned. Might just take a while for that to happen
Apr 1, 1:33 AM
Feb 2024
My favourite anime is definitely flexible

Isekai harem labyrinth

But Its hard to have a favourite anime
Because i usually read the manga

Apr 1, 1:57 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
Fixed. Nothing will ever top Gurren Lagann for me. Frieren did come close though. It knocked Madoka Magica out of my top 5, which I've had in my top 5 since Christmas of 2014, so I'd say that's the biggest shake-up that's happened amongst my faves. I've had shake-ups with my faves outside the top 10 several times, but rarely do I ever come across an anime that takes the place of one I've faved for years and years.

"𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚡 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜."
☆ 𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝 ☆
☆ 𝚅𝙽𝙳𝚋 ☆
☆ 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚢 ☆
Apr 1, 3:48 AM

Aug 2020
Monster despite being my current #1 is far from perfect so there's still chance.

Is there?
Apr 1, 6:44 AM

Aug 2023
Vinland saga season 2 is easily my #1 and whilst it's going to have to be something REALLY special it could change as I don't have any super special connection to it apart from loving the show so there is a possibility but it's going to have to be both a great story and I gain a deep connection to it. Pretty unlikely.
My favourite manga on the other hand. Yeah that's never going to change. Bakuman all the way!!
Apr 1, 7:15 AM

Aug 2010
I don't intend it to be fixed, but my #1 has been Clannad After Story for over a decade now. I'm also getting more critical and picky, and now it's harder for something to amaze me that I would consider it a favorite so I don't see it change anytime soon.. but I really do hope I find that new masterpiece.
Apr 1, 7:26 AM

Oct 2013
Since we all know its rigged, there isn't any hope for that happening. I have favorites but at this point, I'm not sure which really deserve the top spot. IMO the top spot should be dynamic and not fixed at all times. They should create a different algorithm for it or whatever but the rating system is already rigged by bots.
Apr 1, 8:00 AM

Jun 2016
My favourite anime has changed maybe about 10-15 times, if I'm counting correctly. However that all stopped in 2019.

After Sangatsu no Lion S2 it hasn't once changed. My favourite probably would've remained Koe no Katachi or Sora Yori Tooi Basho but I rewatched them to oblivion. Watching Koe no Katachi 15 times kinda makes you notice every imperfection (mainly in the source material).

I've watched Sangatsu no Lion S2 a total of six times. Now I mostly read manga so I don't have much desire to re-watch things. For that reason it'd take a freight train of an anime to change things and I'm fine with that. It's not like Sangatsu no Lion S2 doesn't deserve the top spot after-all.
Apr 1, 8:19 AM

Jul 2022
I'm pretty sure the original Rurouni Kenshin will always be my #1 anime no matter what.

As a kid I watched it on Toonami with my dad, then when I went off to college it was the first anime series I ever watched from beginning to end.

It's also the first manga I ever bought.

It just has far too much sentimental value to ever be supplanted by a "better" anime.
Apr 1, 8:39 AM

Apr 2015
Unless Arakawa-sensei do something more ground break than FMA and it is adapted perfect, probably not.
Apr 1, 10:26 AM

Aug 2019
Fixed. ReZero is my favorite series and always will be. Having read the wn, I can say without doubt that's it's staying as my no.1

Apr 1, 10:42 AM

Sep 2020
Flexible because even in my top 5, any could have been number 1.
"I'll Take a Potato Chip and EAT IT"
Apr 1, 4:07 PM

Aug 2020
Pretty flexible cuz there are still tons of anime I'm interested in. I love hunter x hunter but as my taste grows, I can assume it is subject to change.
Apr 1, 4:11 PM

Jul 2019
Never gonna be replaced. I feel like after you watch a good chunk of anime, your #1 is always gonna be there.

I can't really describe what #1 anime for me means other than that when I watched it and rewatched it, it was special.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Apr 1, 4:21 PM

Jan 2020
Both for my #1 anime and #1 manga, they've been fixed in place for years and I don't think it'll change anytime soon :') Or ever.. To be honest. Both of them have a special place in my heart and hit me like no other anime / manga would do. Natsume's book of friends & Akatsuki no Yona for the win!
Apr 1, 4:25 PM

May 2021
pretty much fixed, the one entry of the series I have in my number one spot represents the franchise as a whole for me (attack on titan) and I really can’t imagine anything coming close to it
Apr 1, 4:36 PM

Apr 2012
I guess I had over 50 different anime in my fave list in all these years and I don't bother anymore. I don't have that favorite anime that stands above everything else and never had.
Apr 1, 5:03 PM

Feb 2021
My favorites in general are pretty flexible. But for No.1 I do think "A Place Further Than The Universe" is gonna be hard to beat, but tbf it hasn't been there for long time. So we'll see.

The Perfect Duo - has one who thinks and one who do's.
To have a party, there's at least two 

When the world is dark, and you feel near to end.
Just remember there's hope, in the form of a friend.

Apr 1, 5:25 PM

Jul 2020
my top is 2 is steins gate and gintama and nothing will change that. the rest is flexible
Apr 1, 5:44 PM

Jun 2013
Ever since I watch what became my #1 anime in 2012, no other anime came very close to replacing it. That said I think mine is flexible just no new anime in my opinion has surpassed it, yet.
Apr 1, 5:49 PM
Apr 2014
Unless an anime comes along with a better regression and time travel story comes along, Re:zero will always be my #1 spot since 2016...
Apr 1, 5:50 PM

Nov 2019
When I get a favourite anime ill come back...
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Apr 1, 6:38 PM

Mar 2021
My number one is pretty much locked in tbh.

Grew up with it and still love of to this day
Apr 1, 8:01 PM

Oct 2014
I thought it was set in stone with Yama no Susume Second Season, but when I watched Bocchi the Rock I came to the conclusion that was even better so Yama no Susume got demoted to #2. I doubt that will happen again, though, and they're both so good that it would be very difficult for any anime to get that high on my list again, or even #3 or 4.
Apr 3, 5:07 AM

Feb 2024
It's been a year since my favorite anime was 7 Seeds, I thought I would never change it, but last week I finished watching Shingeki no Kyojin, and now it's the #1.
Apr 3, 10:10 AM

Oct 2019
For now, it's totally fixed and will never change for a long time, though I had trouble trying to fixate which is worthy of that title for me. It used to be One Piece, Oregairu, and even Mob Psycho at some point, but time changes, right? There will always be good anime but I think favorites play a major role because they remind us of the special feeling we had when we watched that anime, everyone does cling to that form of nostalgia, it just depends on how integral it is.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Which big name anime(s) were you late watching or still haven't watched?

IpreferEcchi - 2 hours ago

9 by APolygons2 »»
18 minutes ago

» Why is fairytail the only Shonen anime that people complain for the power of Friendship when evrey other Shonen anime does.

Lol1268 - Jun 1

29 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
25 minutes ago

» What are your Anime Hot Takes

solacez - 3 hours ago

10 by dankmitris »»
25 minutes ago

» Are Anime "Controversy" just ragebait?

Dragevard - Yesterday

25 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
28 minutes ago

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard

solacez - 3 hours ago

19 by ColourWheel »»
49 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.