Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Delicious in Dungeon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 21, 6:04 PM

Apr 2014
Absolutely enjoying this anime so far. Marcille is my favorite
Mar 21, 6:10 PM

Jul 2022
After the previous episode, it's reassuring to see Falin again, but something tells me that the methods they use to revive her will have consequences. And we got some slightly yuri scenes with Marcille and Falin.
Mar 21, 6:45 PM
May 2017
An excellent episode! Falin is Laios' cute counterpart... naturally, she is at least as able as his brother. Her relationship with Marcille is lovely.

I asked Gordon Freeman about the developments of the episode. The Black Mesa Research Facility researcher answered something about unforeseen consequences...
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Mar 21, 6:46 PM

May 2022
So... Fallin is back. For a moment, I really thought she was definitely dead. Luckily, Marcille knew how to bring her back.

That final scene... I think I remember that person.
Mar 21, 6:47 PM

Jul 2016
The moment Marcille mentioned using dark magic and "dog" bones to resurrect Falin, I immediately thought of 100 ways it could go wrong. Thankfully, it all ended up working out in the end although it seems Falin has gained extra magical energy due to the resurrection. Maybe because they used Dragon flesh...

5/5 episode. So glad Falin is back with the group again. Also, I can tell Trigger was holding back with the bath scene lol.
Mar 21, 7:04 PM

Jan 2021
That was a really good episode. Marcille was secretly goated this entire time. Girl knew forbidden dark resurrection magic. The entire scene was breathtaking and chilling. This is one of those few shows that shows how dark magic is gruesome and terrifying. I love it!

I also love how she finally showed her weird side to Laios. She knew all about human anatomy right down to the tiniest bone. It shows that this group is a band of weirdos that's so adorable. Now if we can only get a Chilchuck episode of him lovingly explaining traps and were set.

Glad to see the gang reunited. I'll admit I didn't think it would be halfway into the series. But it looks like the past few episodes have been sprinkling in different political plot points about the dungeon. Each episode we learned more about the relations between humans, elfs, dwarfs, orcs and other races. I'm interested in where they will take it.

Looks like the next episode we have them possibly fighting a dark elf. With Falin's new main character powers I think it will be a cinch.
Mar 21, 7:17 PM

Mar 2020
It was a sight to see how Falin-san came back to life.

Damn arranging the bones by hand. 🙂

But a dark elf found out about the magic circle. 💀

And the rating of this show is too low for how amazing it was. It deserves to be 8 above.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Mar 21, 7:26 PM

Mar 2007
Temperance Brennan (from the TV Series, Bones) would have had that skeleton assembled in no time, but they did it pretty fast.

And then ... that special circle, hmmm, black magic indeed. If Laios had objected from the start he should not have even had her in the party?

Oh, another Senshi Panty shot!

LMAO, the best revenge against the dragon that ate you, is for you to EAT the dragon. Go Falin Go!

Does anyone else think she came back from the resurrection with some "extra" extra powers due to the dragon meat being used??
Mar 21, 7:51 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Man, I've been keeping it to myself, but it's just so hard for me not to ship Marcille and Falin. I do also just like the idea of them as best friends, but even my best friend and I don't go to bathe at the same time even when it's acceptable to (we go to public bath spa places where everyone's naked, and even then...). We do sleep in the same bed though.

I teared up a bit with Marcille and Laios being reunited with her. What a sweet little episode. The food looked hella good too.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 21, 7:59 PM
Oct 2020
Gah I just really love this show. One of the only of it's genre that I really vibe with. This episode gave me the heart fuzzies. How wonderful ^^
Hello from whatever year I left this comment in! It's funny, we're separated by so many years, and yet we're both enjoying the same media...

Enjoy the present :)
Mar 21, 8:33 PM
Aug 2013
absolutely amazing, everything anyone could've ever wanted
Mar 21, 8:34 PM
Nov 2019
Marcille knowing forbidden magic to revive Falin could've felt like a cop out after last episode, but this episode does a good job making it clear that some kind of consequence will happen.

Mar 21, 8:38 PM
Oct 2019
wow, so they actually revived her. and now she has better magical abilities? and can see people that aren't there and into rooms that are bricked off? weird

dark elf at the end. don't know what's gonna happen there
Mar 21, 9:08 PM

Dec 2022
emotion, comedy, fanservice, Senshi's giant bulge, and a taste of drama to come
now that's a cour finale
Mar 21, 9:12 PM

Oct 2016
A very good, slower paced episode. I wonder if there will be any differences with Falin being resurrected this way. I heard that the “real” story starts after finding Falin, which is comforting because otherwise I would be wondering where would they take things from here with the main objective already being accomplished. (9/10)
Mar 21, 9:25 PM
Apr 2023
Falin is so cute, even though she got resurrected like in the classic Hellraiser movies. Hayami Saori is a good choice for her voice.
Laios and Falin really are true adventurers, always excited to try out new things in life (especially now that Falin is technically draconic since she is now part dragon sorta, so things might get more interesting with her back in the party). Looking forward to the next set of the cour!
Mar 21, 9:57 PM

Oct 2022
Man Snshi uses the hardest (in an epic sense) ways to cook, like for real using a dragon burning intestines as an oven and using its skin to grill its own meat like couldnt that dragon have even more Ls.
Mar 22, 12:48 AM

May 2018
tuorm said:
Marcille is pretty strong from my impression of her

Not saying she is weak, her raw power spells (fireballs, shields, lifting stuff ect) are good, just her other type of spells were sloppily executed and she lacked practice of her theoretical knowledge (the whole harvesting mandragora with dogs thing). Chilchuck couldn't believe she was a stellar student.
Point being she was studying very different things than what you need in the mundane life in a dungeon. For example her healing spells ware quite effective, but she forgot to cast some anesthetic the fist few times...she is learning tho.

tuorm said:
How do I reply to more than one person?

I do something like that:
1. I mark my first quote from a post and press on "Quote Replay".
2. A new text box with script will open.
3. I copy this script by regular means and close this text box.
4. I press the general Replay button on the page and past the script there.
5. If I need more quotes from that post I copy those by regular means and use the prefix and suffix quote BBCode tags from the first script.
6. Than I mark my first quote from another post from different poster and press on "Quote Replay".
7. A new text box with new script will open.
8. I copy this new script by regular means and close this new text box.
9. I past this new script in the text box with the quotes from the previous poster.
10. If I need more quotes from that post I copy those by regular means and use the prefix and suffix quote BBCode tags from the second script.
ect.

For example:

deg said:
bad thing that is gonna happen to falin

It's a trope - Came Back Wrong https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CameBackWrong
alshuMar 22, 1:05 AM
Mar 22, 3:05 AM
Nov 2015
finally we reach episode 12 and where thing turn into dark souls with very tasty food vibe soon.
Mar 22, 4:05 AM

Aug 2008
I'm honestly amazed with the last 2-3 episodes. When I started it, I definitely didn't expect to take this turn.

I'm really happy they managed to rescue Falin, and her interactions with everyone, especially Marcille, are so wholesome.

I'm looking forward to the next episodes, the way it ended this week made it so exciting. And I'm curious about the new opening/ending too!
Mar 22, 5:00 AM

Mar 2008
Ah so Marcile actually isnt weak at magic just has priorities in certain kinds of magic.

The relationship between Marcile and Falin is cute and it was sweet how Laois held her before going to bed.

On a related note. Eating the dragon meat didnt they technically eat Falin?

HagePotPotato said:
wow, so they actually revived her. and now she has better magical abilities? and can see people that aren't there and into rooms that are bricked off? weird

dark elf at the end. don't know what's gonna happen there

It was established before Falin can can see and hear spirits so that isnt new I think.
Mar 22, 5:05 AM

Nov 2013
Falin is back! Touching episode.

It seems using dragon meat for resurrection made Falin OP?

And an actual dark elf at the end. Hmmm.
Mar 22, 5:07 AM

Sep 2010
IzanaSolos said:
I didn't expect to learn about bone anatomy from this episode, that's for sure.
Looking at my own hand, my first bone on my middle finger looks longer than the one on my index finger. The diagram on wikipedia suggests otherwise. Odd... Maybe the index finger bone is just a bit more hidden?

FarCritical said:
And Laios might actually be right, that stuff really does look incomparable to any other meat out there.
Looks like beef in my opinion. That diamond pattern on the huge steak is normally acheived by rotating a bit halfway through cooking on a normal grill. The tail looks like a giant oxtail - a good cut of beef for soup.

Stink_Bug said:
I never noticed before but Falin has rather large hands and a large build overall, like her brother. Details like that give more character, IMO.
I mistook her for a male character in the OP the first few episodes. >.< Not the typical slender anime girl's build.
Mar 22, 5:20 AM
Apr 2021
Yay we finally resurrected Falin and now her and Laios are finally reunited which is nice to see I’m happy she healed his wound in his leg which got bitten off, I just gotta say tho Falin got some OP ass healing magic bro she’s like Usato from the wrong way to use healing magic💀🤣

FINALLY after twitter has been gassing up this show for having only male fanservice making fun of guys who wanted female fanservice we finally got a bath scene with just the girls and I just gotta say…FALIN IS FUCKING STACKED BRO holy I wasn’t expecting her to have double D’s and we finally got to see fanservice of Marcille too this episode was just good😩😩😩😩😩😩

Who tf is the purple eyed dark skin elf lady??? She liking kinda fine tho cant lie👀
Mar 22, 5:23 AM

Sep 2010
Zorosuke_ said:
It was a sight to see how Falin-san came back to life.
Namari's resurrection from a headshot wound was just a tiny preview compared to Falin's resurrection catalyzed with the red dragon.

TheColonel76 said:
So Falin was able to be revived after all, I figured they wouldn’t leave her dead after all we’ve heard about her, and honestly I think that would have been a cool move but this show isn’t that dark, despite that tho we had a pretty metal scene where she got revived using all of her bones and the meat and blood from the dragon. This has me wondering if they actually needed every single one of her bones, would the resurrection have failed if they didn’t? Would she be deformed if they constructed her wrong? Those are questions that will probably not be answered, but I’m glad to see Falin is alive and well with no complications as of rn, it was also interesting to learn that Marcille has been studying forbidden/black magic, I can certainly see why it is forbidden lol.
Yikes, that magic cicle and talk of forbidden magic was reminding me of Fullmetal Alchemist and its forbidden alchemy. x.x
I was afraid Marcille had fainted too soon, but it looks like she held on just long enough. I thought it would be impossible to sort all the animal bones from Falin's bones, but Marcille is surprisingly knowledgable on bone anatomy. I don't really want to think about what could have gone wrong if a warg bone had been left in the circle.
As for whether Falin was going to be revived, I think the OP sequence set up the expectation that she would be, with that shot of all the women reaching up, led by Falin, and all the men reaching down, led by Laios, and their hands seemingly joining successfully. I think it would make sense to have a new OP video next week.

I wonder if Falin is stronger from being revived using dragon flesh instead of more mundane animals.

Looks like Laios was even more right than he thought in episode 2 about needing Marcille's magic on the lower levels, and not even just for the bridge demolition or personal repulsive fields.
Mar 22, 5:24 AM

May 2015
I WANT TO EAT SOME OF THAT GODDAM DRAGON !!!!!!!!!
Mar 22, 8:08 AM

Jan 2022
Dungeon Meshi Episode 12

• They finally brought back Falin!
  • Marcille revealed that she specializes in dark magic.
  • The resurrection and the use of the dragon meat probably boosted the way Falin uses magic.
  • We got a glimpse of the other elf who first showed up in the painting from a bygone kingdom. Curious what role they will play in the coming episodes.

Mar 22, 8:20 AM
Mar 2020
That pizza topped with dragon steak looks yummy.
Mar 22, 12:46 PM
Mar 2021
OH MY GOD????? JESUS CHRIST
Mar 22, 12:59 PM
Jun 2023
I’m not going to spoil anything but my guarantee from the manga it’s definitely going to just keep getting better from here
Mar 22, 1:08 PM

Jun 2016
marcilee fanservice is fucking hott !!

still curious with marcile backstory !!
Mar 22, 4:14 PM
Oct 2016
Was really less enjoyable than the rest
Mar 22, 4:15 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to alshu
tuorm said:
Marcille is pretty strong from my impression of her

Not saying she is weak, her raw power spells (fireballs, shields, lifting stuff ect) are good, just her other type of spells were sloppily executed and she lacked practice of her theoretical knowledge (the whole harvesting mandragora with dogs thing). Chilchuck couldn't believe she was a stellar student.
Point being she was studying very different things than what you need in the mundane life in a dungeon. For example her healing spells ware quite effective, but she forgot to cast some anesthetic the fist few times...she is learning tho.

tuorm said:

I do something like that:
1. I mark my first quote from a post and press on "Quote Replay".
2. A new text box with script will open.
3. I copy this script by regular means and close this text box.
4. I press the general Replay button on the page and past the script there.
5. If I need more quotes from that post I copy those by regular means and use the prefix and suffix quote BBCode tags from the first script.
6. Than I mark my first quote from another post from different poster and press on "Quote Replay".
7. A new text box with new script will open.
8. I copy this new script by regular means and close this new text box.
9. I past this new script in the text box with the quotes from the previous poster.
10. If I need more quotes from that post I copy those by regular means and use the prefix and suffix quote BBCode tags from the second script.
ect.

For example:

deg said:
bad thing that is gonna happen to falin

It's a trope - Came Back Wrong https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CameBackWrong
@alshu

Where do I find the "Quote Replay"?
Mar 22, 5:06 PM

Dec 2008
Sister doesn't "Falin" far from the brother. I found her fascination with the party's food source amusing.
Mar 22, 6:19 PM

May 2018
tuorm said:
Where do I find the "Quote Replay"?

When you mark a text from a post two choices appear near that selection - "Quote Replay" and "Copy". You can click on those.

Mar 22, 7:04 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So Falin's resurrection pretty much went without a hitch. Using black magic will PROBABLY have repercussions to it, in one way or another.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 22, 7:04 PM

Jan 2010
while I'm really happy they manage to resurrect falin and it seems everything is looking good, I doubt it will be that simple. Black magic and dragon flesh is not a good combination and add that at the end the dark elf from the past appeared, the happy moment will end.
Mar 22, 7:31 PM
Apr 2023
Necromancy is the most beautiful form of love!
Mar 22, 9:07 PM
evil egg

Nov 2009
gay people!!!!!🌈🌈🌈🌈💜❤️💜❤️💜❤️ marcellin forever ♥️🩷💛
Mar 22, 9:13 PM
Oct 2019
Omg Falin is back!!
Marcille fcking did it!!

Bruhh that Pizza looks so good.

Ayoo that Dark elf at the end, isn't she the same one from that one episode when Laios going inside the Living Painting?
Mar 22, 10:58 PM
Jul 2017
IzanaSolos said:
I didn't expect to learn about bone anatomy from this episode, that's for sure.

Laios and his companions emerged triumphant in their battle against the Red Dragon, marking the beginning of their quest to locate Falin. However, upon locating her, they found Falin's body already transformed into petrified bone. Despite their relentless efforts, the connection between her soul and body was too fragile to restore her to life. In a moment of desperation, Marcille risked invoking an ancient and forbidden magic to revive Falin. Exhausted, Marcille collapsed after casting the spell, but fortunately, it succeeded, bringing Falin back to life.

Trigger always comes through, and the directing during the resurrection spell was impressive. But finding out Marcille's into blood magic, or "dark magic" as Chilichuck calls it, was surprising. It's rare to see a blood mage not mess up everything – I thought they were just a myth from games like Dragon Age. Thankfully, the only noticeable effect seems to be Falin getting stronger, no turning evil or anything. I would've thought there would be a side effect other than a power-up considering it's called DARK magic, but it's fine. I thought our mission would end with saving Falin and defeating the dragon, but now there's this mysterious power boost for Falin and that elf who seems important...

And Marcelle not erasing the forbidden magic circle right away? That's just asking for trouble.

I think the point they're making is that magic in this world isn't good or bad, it just depends on the user. so I bet there are going to be much worse side effects when this creepy stranger person uses this magic for something. I also think maybe Falin is stronger because she was resurrected with the power of the dragon instead of just goats
Mar 22, 11:00 PM
Jul 2017
Blackbird said:
Everyone happy but a dark elf found about that magic circle. Troublesome stuffs . Oh man being too careless to just leave the magic circle like that.

i knowww it's kinda stressing me out
Mar 22, 11:04 PM
Jul 2017
tuorm said:
@Limi

@alshu

They probably were tired after all the things that happened to them that day and thought that they could do this later. And I need to say that only Marcille wants to delete the spell circle others don't think so much about it and don't know much about what Marcille does except the part where she uses a forbidden spell.
The elf (probably) was there because he felt Marcille's magic, the appearance of him there wasn't random.

Marcille is pretty strong from my impression of her, we also need to remember that all the people in that party are strong and experienced and the main reason that the party lost the first time to the Red Dragon was because they were in bad shape when they fought against him not because he was much stronger than them.

that's true, that's true
Mar 22, 11:34 PM
Nov 2018
Finally looks like we’re cooking. It’s a solid show. Not exactly my thing but then you get the last 2 episodes,
Mar 22, 11:40 PM

Apr 2009
Oh finally resurrected. I was a bit anxious if we get FMA chaotic results like soul rebinding shenanigans, chimeric fusion and shit but except having no memory of her last seconds of death she looks fine like last time.

That's a lot of meat, dragon meat!

Isn't she the one from the living paintings as well? So a Dark Elf huh? Maybe she caused all this? Or she's merely another victim of it all?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 23, 1:58 AM

Jan 2021
Seeing Falin so eager to eat the dragon that once ate her was quite astonishing. And she said it was yum xD omg. Both Laios and Falin do have extraordinary endurance and mindset.

It turns out that Falin did die, at first I was quite skeptical that what they resurrected was the real Falin... I mean, it could have been the skeletal body of another adventurer, right? When Marcille fainted I thought the ritual failed but thank God it worked. Falin has come back to life and is with them! Welcome back Falin. She's such a sweet girl. I hope no "strange" things come to them after Falin's resurrection...

Marcille really showed her great ability in this episode. Who would have thought she could bring the dead back to life? She really grew from a rather annoying character to one of the most entertaining ones and I'm looking forward to her antics hahah

Mar 23, 1:59 AM

Apr 2018
Reply to TheColonel76
So Falin was able to be revived after all, I figured they wouldn’t leave her dead after all we’ve heard about her, and honestly I think that would have been a cool move but this show isn’t that dark, despite that tho we had a pretty metal scene where she got revived using all of her bones and the meat and blood from the dragon. This has me wondering if they actually needed every single one of her bones, would the resurrection have failed if they didn’t? Would she be deformed if they constructed her wrong? Those are questions that will probably not be answered, but I’m glad to see Falin is alive and well with no complications as of rn, it was also interesting to learn that Marcille has been studying forbidden/black magic, I can certainly see why it is forbidden lol.

And after a nice bath fanservice scene as well as a heart to heart between Marcille and Falin, it was time to actually eat the dragon that started all this in the first place, not before Senshi blew himself up tho lol. And the fact that Falin is now eating the dragon that ate her is another things that’s pretty metal although it was portrayed in a wholesome way, and we also saw that Falin can still see ghosts as the place they were staying was the home of one, I guess it’s good it allowed them to sleep there but I wouldn’t want to after knowing that lol. And lastly we saw that elf girl from the Mario 64 paintings a while back, I’m very interested in what she’s about here in the actual world.

And lastly, just in case the OP and ED changes as we near the spring anime season, I wanted to mention that they are both bangers and are definitely favorites of mine this Winter season, that Party ED was definitely an anthem for the weekend being close, I wouldn’t mind if it stuck around but of course I’m open for some new great songs.
TheColonel76 said:
This has me wondering if they actually needed every single one of her bones, would the resurrection have failed if they didn’t? Would she be deformed if they constructed her wrong? Those are questions that will probably not be answered, but I’m glad to see Falin is alive and well with no complications as of rn, it was also interesting to learn that Marcille has been studying forbidden/black magic, I can certainly see why it is forbidden lol.

This isn't really a spoiler because the manga explains it way back when Namari goes to the resurrection centre, but yes! A lot of your questions do have canonical answers and they also explain why the party felt that ancient magic was their best bet.

Resurrection magic in dunmeshi is just an extension of healing magic - I think Marci explains it in the anime as well, that it's essentially just repairing all the damage to the body. However, the more grievous the injuries, the more the link between body and soul is severed. Specifically if more than 1/13 of the body is destroyed, the resurrection becomes uncertain.
There's more to it, like the calories needed, the state of blood etc etc but for the purposes of this conversation, the important part is that far, faaaar more than 1/13 of Falin's body has been lost, making resurrection by ordinary means nearly impossible.
Short answer; yeah the bones were desperately needed.
Mar 23, 2:45 AM

Sep 2016
I actually genuinely cried when they succeeded in resurrecting Falin. :(
Mar 23, 3:58 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Reply to elany
TheColonel76 said:
This has me wondering if they actually needed every single one of her bones, would the resurrection have failed if they didn’t? Would she be deformed if they constructed her wrong? Those are questions that will probably not be answered, but I’m glad to see Falin is alive and well with no complications as of rn, it was also interesting to learn that Marcille has been studying forbidden/black magic, I can certainly see why it is forbidden lol.

This isn't really a spoiler because the manga explains it way back when Namari goes to the resurrection centre, but yes! A lot of your questions do have canonical answers and they also explain why the party felt that ancient magic was their best bet.

Resurrection magic in dunmeshi is just an extension of healing magic - I think Marci explains it in the anime as well, that it's essentially just repairing all the damage to the body. However, the more grievous the injuries, the more the link between body and soul is severed. Specifically if more than 1/13 of the body is destroyed, the resurrection becomes uncertain.
There's more to it, like the calories needed, the state of blood etc etc but for the purposes of this conversation, the important part is that far, faaaar more than 1/13 of Falin's body has been lost, making resurrection by ordinary means nearly impossible.
elany said:

Thanks for the detailed answer, I can definitely see why the forbidden magic was needed since the typical resurrection is that intricate. I guess this also means you can’t resurrect someone deformed huh lol.
Mar 23, 4:07 AM

Apr 2018
Reply to TheColonel76
elany said:

Thanks for the detailed answer, I can definitely see why the forbidden magic was needed since the typical resurrection is that intricate. I guess this also means you can’t resurrect someone deformed huh lol.
@TheColonel76

I think it'd depend on what kind of deformation it is. When Namari explains all this, she specifically gives 'turned to ash' as an example of what 'lost' means in this case, so it seems to be about the physical presence of the body (parts). So like, Falin getting dissolved in stomach acid is a problem, but if somebody was just chopped up into pieces, that would be less of an issue (although would still need a very skilled healer to fix that kind of damage).
Also yw 👍
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Yesterday

95 by Reina_Kousaka »»
45 minutes ago

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 23

86 by Ashhk »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 6

88 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 16

88 by Ashhk »»
5 hours ago

» Season 2 announced

MegamiRem - Yesterday

36 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.