Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »
May 15, 2013 8:25 AM

Nov 2008
Am I the only one not crying?

THIS ISN'T WHAT I WANTED

gosh

The whole marriage thing was just weird in my opinion
Jun 25, 2013 4:48 PM

Sep 2011
I hate most of the memes nowadays, but I don't have any better word for it:
Well, that escalated quickly.
The episode was way too fast. I'm really happy for Taiga and Ryuuji, but the whole thing felt really rushed and weird.

First, about Taiga and Ryuuji. I'm so happy they finally got together, even though it was in a pretty weird way :) And now they wanna get married :D I also liked how Ryuuji outright told his grandparents that Taiga is his wife :D

Ryuuji, why are you being an ass with your mother? Idiot... He is somewhat right about parents wanting to "force their dreams/failures on the children", but all she really wanted here was for him to have a happy and safe life. And now she ran away... I hope she will be alright :/
Taiga's mom is an ass, nothing more to say.

I guess I'm a little sad for Minorin and Ami, but it really was about damn time.

Btw, did they really just take Minorin's money and the other stuff they got? They really shouldn't have >_>
Jun 25, 2013 10:09 PM
Jan 2013
Watch the next episode, though also rather fast, it will fix some of the problems you have. And it also has something else special... but I'm not going to spoil it for you =).
Jun 27, 2013 8:04 AM
Nov 2012
Such a brilliant episode. Seriously loved it. Seen no single episode with this much awesomeness (maybe I have).

Taiga as a bride - AWESOME! They both look so awesome together.

Just marry now. Now Kiss!
Jun 28, 2013 6:32 PM

May 2013
taiga and ryuuji getting married. im getting a little sad beacause i only have 1 episode left i think this anime is my most Discuss anime because on the other anime i always click dont discuss but in toradora i almost discuss all of the ep
Aug 4, 2013 9:11 AM

Jan 2013
It seems that you guys are ok with this episode,but i'm not.
So first of all i hate that Ryuuji and Taiga will be together,beucase i was so exicted the whole anime to see the declartion of Ryuuji to the Minorin,it was the best thing.
And then he discovers he loves taiga?dafuq?
Why?as he said he was in love more than 1 year with Minorin,and then in a few weeks/months he falls in love with taiga?The same to taiga....how they change so fast their mind so fast?
Love is something you live with,it's not a pair of socks you change everyday....
And from what i understood Kawashima loves Ryuuji too?
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 19, 2013 6:55 AM

Aug 2013
Heartbreaking.. really touching.
I feel so sad for Minori and Ami.. although the outcome is clear from the start.
Suddenly giving up on Minori and go for Taiga.. hard to take that in. (I like taiga too it's just..)
Minori and that indirect kiss.. how my heart ache. *sobs*
Ami is really strong.. she's awesome.

PS: I somehow feel weird when they just took their friends belonging like that.
Sep 15, 2013 1:42 PM

Sep 2012
AivanK said:
It seems that you guys are ok with this episode,but i'm not.
So first of all i hate that Ryuuji and Taiga will be together,beucase i was so exicted the whole anime to see the declartion of Ryuuji to the Minorin,it was the best thing.
And then he discovers he loves taiga?dafuq?
Why?as he said he was in love more than 1 year with Minorin,and then in a few weeks/months he falls in love with taiga?The same to taiga....how they change so fast their mind so fast?
Love is something you live with,it's not a pair of socks you change everyday....
And from what i understood Kawashima loves Ryuuji too?

BAAKA :) they did not change their mind so fast, have u ever heard about growing apart, it happens specially when u can't spend time to the 1 u love & spending it with some1 else (mostly it happens with long distant relationships, but sometimes it happens when ur closer to), & in this case it was Taiga & Ryuuji, they were together a lot & second they learned about each-other a lot & Ryuuji was so caring person it was impossible for her to not to fall for him, & Taiga was like some1 who needs protecting & help & so Ryuuji wanted to protect her & help her & so he did, & this are strong emotions what lead to love, & second what Ryuuji felt for Minori mite not have peen real love, it mite have peen school kids crush & admiration (same goes for Taiga), people ton't always know their own feelings & sometimes they mix up feelings, think before u post :)

if u ton't like were this i going that's ur problem, not trying to convince u to like it, but i'm just pointing out mistakes in ur statement :)
Sugram22Sep 16, 2013 2:45 AM
Oct 14, 2013 2:22 AM

Dec 2012
Seeing Yasuko cry ans argue with Ryuuji breaks my heart :( I feel soo sooo bad

Other than that though, I love this episode even with the rushed proposal :)
"Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, that's just idealistic. In reality, someone always gets the short end of the stick"

http://p1.i.ntere.st/3b9596c6911c1c6844478fe7ace4e887_480.jpg

Dec 15, 2013 6:08 PM

Aug 2013
When the parent showed up, I though «Fuck, they messed up the confession», then I realised that they still confessed, THEN I realised that they fucked up the rest of their adolescence. Taiga mother (was it her step-mother...?) really looked like a huge bitch. Still, I forgive Yasuko because she really tried her best to be a mother to Ryuugi.

The scene in the beginning was really great, Minorin have finally been able to tell her true feeling. Seeing her break up later was the only possible outcome of what happenned during the series.

The scene on the bridge was really cute and funny. Sad though that that phonecall ruined the moment.

It think they made the right choice. It may seem excessive, but it was the only way they could move on. He alreasy adress to her as is wife, quite a relief from the episode before :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 23, 2013 7:20 PM

Dec 2012
naninaninaninaninaninaninaninaninani!!! Cool episode.
Kushieda is such a poet. First substituting the unknown (ghosts, ufos) to represent love, and now "tears are nosebleeds from your eyes". :^) voice of our generation.
Dec 28, 2013 5:03 PM
Aug 2013
when minori kissed her own hand that was adorable as shit. my god man
Jan 3, 2014 10:35 PM
Aug 2013
I second that, Minori kissing her hand was adorable, and also made me feel kinda bad for her.

Finally puts it out there... and yeah, too late.

As for the rest of the episode, what a roller coaster O.O
Jan 6, 2014 5:34 PM

Feb 2013
So cute! What an adorable episode haha
Anyone know of any anime similar (in terms of cuteness) to toradora? Like sword art online? thanks :)
Jan 8, 2014 5:34 AM

Oct 2013
ditched ami's beach villa huh
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jan 28, 2014 4:05 PM

Feb 2011
Forget the Villa, everyone's one big family now. =3
Mar 22, 2014 10:02 AM

Jun 2013
There really was a lot going on in this one. Also, I fucking love Minorin! She's just so... no words.
May 19, 2014 1:28 PM
Jan 2012
Dem feels. <3 Too much stuff happened and I am lazy to comment. Lets just say I love all main characters in this show, including Yasuko.

Poor Yasuko ;_; Poor Minorin ;_; Ryuujin saying Taiga is his wife was <3333
Jun 10, 2014 3:22 PM

Jan 2013
millefeui said:
Dem feels. <3 Too much stuff happened and I am lazy to comment. Lets just say I love all main characters in this show, including Yasuko.

+1
Jul 27, 2014 10:58 PM

Jul 2013
ao_no_exo said:
millefeui said:

+1

I feel also bad for Minorin and Ami. I think both have feels for Takasu. And when Minorin was crying gosh it was heartbreaking. I don´t want that someone of them is unhappy.

I´m really curious what will happen in the next episode. So far Toradora is awesome. :)

Oct 24, 2014 8:11 AM

Apr 2014
I can't denied how great of a couple Ryuuji and Taiga are...they fit each other so well...but I can't see how what they just pulled off can be any good...I thought of Clannad after story at that part...
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Nov 13, 2014 9:48 PM

Jul 2013
loved the episode
Nov 21, 2014 2:21 AM

Jan 2013
If it wasn't for the ending I wouldn't like this episode at all.
Seriously how can they...
Dec 13, 2014 7:21 AM

Dec 2013
I can't forgive Ryuuji for telling Yasuko that she's a failure, especially when was working so hard to make sure that he spends all his time concentrating on school.
Zetto92Dec 13, 2014 7:25 AM
Jan 21, 2015 1:03 PM

Sep 2014
man, this is bullshit. So he abandons his trophy wife Minorin to give sympathy marriage to some bitch who treats him like garbage.
Feb 19, 2015 7:38 PM

Dec 2009
Looks like feelings are finally conveyed. Awwwww
Mar 11, 2015 8:19 PM

Dec 2014
Man what a fucking disaster... I feel sorry for Ryuuji, only because he's really stupid as Ami says. You have smart, beautiful and mature Ami (being popular etc. are just plus, she'd still the best out of bunch without that); or even sympathetic, energetic Minori; yet you refuse all of them cling and go that far for annoying immature spoiled brat who treats you like a shit. She might've improved slightly by time, but her core still remains unpleasantly same.

But the most stupid and unforgivable part was where he said those words to Yasuko, he better make up with her somehow in final episode.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

May 2, 2015 7:26 PM

Jun 2014
dafuq was that faceplant? get your shit together Minori!

ryuuji you fucking bastard dont treat your mom like that

still dont know what Ami told Minori back at christmas that made her run away and reject ryuuji..

starting to turn into a shitty ending
May 18, 2015 5:49 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
much rush. Well Taiga ending confirmed 100%.
This ep was kinda confusing.

May 27, 2015 12:28 PM
Jun 2013
There should have been more time taken for this enormous event. The confessions were the climax of the entire story. It took so long to get to this point that it's a shame that they didn't give it enough time. All of this is very good to me but it could have been a million times better if they hadn't wasted so much time on their other love interests in the beginning of the anime and Taiga being a violent psychopath.
I would have enjoyed this anime a lot more if they had sped through the beginning and then took their time from the class trip to now.
Jun 12, 2015 7:37 AM

Mar 2015
Heartbreaking family :'(, both of them escaping and... OMG EARLY MARRIAGE? didn't they say " I love you" yet? -.- urghhhh it's so mixed feelings! I don't understand...
Gonna watch the last episode soon... and what happend?
Jul 15, 2015 2:52 AM

Jan 2014
"Let me introduce you to my wife!" awwww :'3
Jul 15, 2015 2:54 AM

Oct 2013
srs... this escalated fucking quickly.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 20, 2015 3:37 PM

Oct 2012
Minorin being Minorin in the beginning *sigh* Confessing her true love just by the way (she wasn't able to do that before) and happily telling Taiga that she wanted her to have him, saying happiness is something everyone has to find alone yet she still wants to wait for Taiga's decision? She sends Takasu after Taiga just minutes after? She managed to contradict herself in first two minutes *clap*clap* She is definitely the most inconsistent character of this show. At least we finally got to know what her dream is.

I somehow understand Yasuko though, even Taiga's mother who still thinks of her as child and wants to put her into her golden cage to guard her from any pain. But both of them came very conveniently just in the moment when Taiga was preparing to confess her feelings to him. Well, not that it matter. LOL at Taiga pushing him down the bridge in the next scene while she was freaking just minute before when he was talking about wishing not being born. Though I have to say their (not)confession in the freezing water was kinda funny.

The surprising part here was that he never saw his mother's parents. Was there a reason why? Not even as child or when his father died? I simply don't get it.

But as much as I like this series (well, actually not much lately) I find their plain pretty childish. You can say they ARE still children and I wouldn't mind actually but they wanted to play adults all the time yet they are acting even worse. They could be kicked out of school. They made many worries for their parents. And their solution to this situation is to get married even when they don't know what that means (he is literally running himself into the same life Yasuko regrets).

Why this series is getting this bad with those finishing episodes when it was so good before? Are they just rushing it?
That frustration when you realize this show is rated as the best love polygon drama out there... Is there really nothing better?
Sep 30, 2015 6:21 AM

Sep 2013
Damn it, if only minori didn't saw taiga cyring on christmas eve.. then maybe, just maybe.. things have gone differently. as a minori fan, this episode was really painful to watch..
Jan 7, 2016 1:46 PM
Jan 2012
I happy and sad this episode. My favorite episode of this anime because part of Kushieda make a peace Kawashima. Kushieda say best phrase anime ever. I love this anime because this episode.
Jan 19, 2016 7:15 AM
Jul 2014
Jesus............ First we wait 24 episodes that people confess their true feelings and then in one episode happens so much!!?! Anyway, it made me feel warm inside! :)))) The grade just went up again, lol...
jakovJan 19, 2016 7:19 AM
Mar 30, 2016 7:00 AM

Feb 2016
I want Ryuuji x ami :(
May 7, 2016 9:27 AM

Feb 2016
I wanted Minori x Ryuuji so badly, even though I knew it wasn't going to happen. My feels :(
Jun 21, 2016 10:25 PM
Mar 2016
Man I felt horrible for Minorin...
Jun 29, 2016 1:49 PM
Mar 2015
So the two decide to run away and get married? Well that relationship got intense fast. When did Toradora become the new Fire Emblem?
Jul 2, 2016 5:34 AM
Jul 2015
FINALLLYYYY!!!!! I noticed some people sad "well that escalated quickly" but in actuality I think this all what we've been waiting before. When you think about it Taiga and Ryuuji have already been unofficially together, I mean when you think back to the very first few episodes people really thought they were a couple, so I don't think this was too dramatic of a pace at all. Though I do think Ryuuji should call Taiga his girlfriend until they do actually get married lol XD

Anyways, loved this episode, loved seeing Ryyuji and Taiga finally confess to each other, loved seeing Taiga so happy and finally getting what she wanted ^-^ The title of the episode fit perfectly! Though I do have to admit I feel a little bad for Yasu and Minorin ): Minorin's wounds will heal over time though and hopefully she'll find another guy, but I do hope Ryuuji will make things right with his mother, I can so relate to that on a personal level and feel so bad that I haven't bothered to make things right with mine.

Also, when Minorin said, "when you run through the halls and trip you get a nosebleed but when you run through life and fall you cry" I was like dang that's deep!! Well that's all for now, looking forward to seeing Ryuuji & Taiga get a bit more intimate in the next episode ;) But also very sad that it'll be over after the next episode qwq
The first step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one.
Aug 21, 2016 2:32 AM

Aug 2016
The asura face making his beautiful mommy cry wass so baddd and the relationship between him and taiga seemed too forced and sudden..basically japanese act like this in their relationships? No romance at all..it reminded me nagisa x tomoya who they didnt even kiss and out of the sudden "hey pappa im pregnant"
Oct 11, 2016 9:21 AM

Jul 2014
Melodramatic family life... check. Elopement... check.
Nov 2, 2016 9:41 PM

Jan 2016
God the cliches never stops with this show
Nov 6, 2016 8:49 AM

Aug 2013
Wow. I didn't expect something like this. Awesome!
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 30, 2016 11:19 AM

Nov 2015

Minorin acting all happy for Ryuuji, even after she confessed, and encouraging him to go for Taiga was so over dramatic... but oh well, it could have seen coming from miles.

Ryuuji saying those words to his mother... that was both painful to watch and unnecessary. I mean unnecessary because why did they put that scene to begin with? Anyway, that was harsh... it was like a bullet to the heard... poor Yasu.

Wait what? Getting married?? wtf is this? Come on Ryuuji...just a couple hours ago you didn't even acknowledged that you liked her.

They plan to run away.... *sighs*... run. away. *facepalm* This is like some adolescent melodrama tv show or something xD

Oh god Minori is crying, finally! She behaves like a human with feelings! This is good actually... it's the most natural reaction I've seen in these last episodes.

Why can't I be happy for them? I mean, the anime is good, it entertained me, made me laugh, think, but... this? I don't know maaan... it's to.... fuck, I'll say it. EDGY!

I don't know why this episode left me with such a bad taste...I don't know if I have any hidden frustration or hate against young stupid couples but this episode... I really disliked it.
HumbertoZeroNov 30, 2016 5:17 PM
Nov 30, 2016 1:07 PM

Sep 2016
cool how the opening didnt came up until 8 minutes or so. i didnt noticed that
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Nov 30, 2016 5:12 PM

Nov 2015
Mich666 said:
Minorin being Minorin in the beginning *sigh* Confessing her true love just by the way (she wasn't able to do that before) and happily telling Taiga that she wanted her to have him, saying happiness is something everyone has to find alone yet she still wants to wait for Taiga's decision? She sends Takasu after Taiga just minutes after? She managed to contradict herself in first two minutes *clap*clap* She is definitely the most inconsistent character of this show. At least we finally got to know what her dream is.

I somehow understand Yasuko though, even Taiga's mother who still thinks of her as child and wants to put her into her golden cage to guard her from any pain. But both of them came very conveniently just in the moment when Taiga was preparing to confess her feelings to him. Well, not that it matter. LOL at Taiga pushing him down the bridge in the next scene while she was freaking just minute before when he was talking about wishing not being born. Though I have to say their (not)confession in the freezing water was kinda funny.

The surprising part here was that he never saw his mother's parents. Was there a reason why? Not even as child or when his father died? I simply don't get it.

But as much as I like this series (well, actually not much lately) I find their plain pretty childish. You can say they ARE still children and I wouldn't mind actually but they wanted to play adults all the time yet they are acting even worse. They could be kicked out of school. They made many worries for their parents. And their solution to this situation is to get married even when they don't know what that means (he is literally running himself into the same life Yasuko regrets).

Why this series is getting this bad with those finishing episodes when it was so good before? Are they just rushing it?
That frustration when you realize this show is rated as the best love polygon drama out there... Is there really nothing better?

I completely agree with you man. You laid down very good points in there.
plopadop said:
I feel really bad for Minori. She loses the guy she's liked for quite a while (which means all of the trouble she goes through after she starts having feelings for him seems to be wasted), she loses her best friend, and she gives away her savings that she's worked countless hours at countless jobs to get. It seems everything she really wanted got taken away from her. :\
^^^
This! Oh god... now that you made it into a list it hit me harder... damn....
Life is cruel when you are not a protagonist.
Animatronix said:
I"m disappointed that he went with Taiga. It's way too predictable, and running away is a cliche. The next episode is the last, so I hope there is a good ending.

I'm not to dislike a series because my ship sinks but Toradora was one of those exceptions. Hell, I knew Ryuuji and Taiga were going to end up together from the very first episode but... the last episodes felt too forced. I don't know, I didn't like them, at least the parts concerning Ryuuji and Taiga.

I even started hating Ami, but ended up liking her.
In the beginning Minori annoyed me, but I ended up liking her (altho, her decisions are stupid in the last episodes)
Taiga.. I liked her from the start but that kinda changed towards the end... I don't hate her but damn...
Kitamura, I liked him but he lost relevance after his arc with Taiga and the president ended.
Ryuuji... I never disliked him, he was cool but again, his decisions towards the end were very stupid. Not that almost all his decisions weren't but.. you know what I mean.
HumbertoZeroNov 30, 2016 5:58 PM
Dec 27, 2016 11:15 PM

Jul 2016
Damnit I told myself I wouldn't cry... I am forever alone ಥ_ಥ
Dubbed anime is the best because you can wank without reading ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1110 by mjjones0 »»
Jun 2, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Mar 11, 2009

423 by mjjones0 »»
Jun 2, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ironchefflip - Mar 8, 2009

193 by mjjones0 »»
Jun 2, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Jan 21, 2009

421 by doge_monke »»
Jun 1, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 4, 2009

299 by Luandfghj »»
Jun 1, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.