Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Nov 26, 2013 6:38 PM

Aug 2013
I really loved, same quality as Tomoyo route. Weirdly, Ryou and Kyou didn't seem to have the same personallity and relationship than in the original story. But anyway, I guess it make thing more interesting. Man, Clannad is always so close to finish in an harem xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 1, 2014 10:45 AM

Jun 2009
“People’d kill to have your problem!”
Themselves, Sunohara. Themselves.

What a painful love triangle. Brimming with wistful brilliance. I loved the little symbolic details; like those gray rainy days and the transition from wisteria flowers to hydrangeas. ;_; A love-lost heart endured the hardships and grew from falling teardrops, thankful of both good and bad things. Sincerely heartfelt.

Ah, Clannad is over now… ;w;
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Mar 10, 2014 8:57 AM

Oct 2013
Well...since I like Nagisa (although Kyou is really cool and funny), this episode was only ok for me. It has the Clannad quality but I just personally prefer Tomoya and Nagisa as a couple.
Apr 12, 2014 11:11 PM

Jun 2013
KHRoxas said:
Haha couldn't agree more, considering Kyou actually has flair in her personality and is interesting to watch, she gets nothing close to what she deserves. At least Tomoyo has the after visual novel which adds a bit of depth to that which is nice, Kyou however gets no more than the one OVA which isn't even fully centred on her :(

I'm actually glad Kyou didn't have a visual novel, because if she did, it would probably be an ero like Tomo-pyon's was.
nickelpickle1997 said:
Great OVA! I don't know if anyone is with me on this, but, I like to see what it would be like if Kyou and Sunohara were together, I think that would be interesting!
10 out of 10.

Yes that would be funny, but now, (even though I'd still like to see that, just to see how it would turn out) I kinda disagree with myself. I DID like the OVA, it was good don't get me wrong, but I would rather see Kyou...WITH ME!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sinjEsTa6do
Sorry, couldn't help it.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Apr 29, 2014 12:09 AM

Jul 2013
This was terrible, lol. It just felt so wrong seeing him with anyone but Nagisa. I watched Tomoyo's special before I started AF so I think that might have been why I liked it so much. This was nothing more than an average 5/10.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Jul 28, 2014 2:32 PM
Mar 2014
bleh

so they show Kyou and Tomoya kissing but not Nagisa?
Aug 24, 2014 2:45 PM

Aug 2013
Even though Kyou seemed very suitable to Tomoya in the series, I felt that the Tomoyo Chapter OVA was executed a lot better than this one.

Initially, I had hoped that this OVA would be about a relationship developing between Tomoya and Kyou after Nagisa's death or perhaps as Ushio starts kindergarten. That really would have been more interesting and more emotional.
Sep 19, 2014 7:36 AM

Jul 2014
I LOVE IT! Especially the hug scene. HNGGGG
Sep 19, 2014 7:39 AM

Jun 2014
I remember watching this. Tons of drama for an OVA, but still not as good as Tomoyo's.

Nov 4, 2014 4:08 AM

Jul 2014
The Best Of Clannad~! i loved it since kyou is my fav girl and tomoya x kyou is my fav couple so i loved it,,,
Nov 5, 2014 4:51 PM

Jul 2014
CottonCandyLover said:
Zeino said:
WAY better than that stupid bitch Tomoyo arc. At least we saw twins' development. 7/10

... shut up

Why (Shut Up) the ova was better than tomoyo's
everyone has hisher own opinion
Dec 31, 2014 7:44 PM

Oct 2013
First episode to watch this year hehe, good episode, though I did enjoy Tomoyo's arc more.

Jan 10, 2015 8:16 PM

Jan 2014
i wish they spent less time on ryou and more on kyou actually being with tomoya :P but that was really good. bye clannad :(
Jan 12, 2015 1:37 PM

Apr 2010
i prefer this arc, the one with Tomoyo made me bored. :P
Mar 28, 2015 10:55 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Both specials featuring Kyou and Tomoyo routes are really nice but reveal how hard is it to adapt visual novels well. In my opinion they did that pretty good and pleased the fans of the other girls with specials. Great job, I'm going to miss Clannad and the characters.
Apr 5, 2015 1:45 AM
Oct 2012
StevenHu said:
Even though Kyou seemed very suitable to Tomoya in the series, I felt that the Tomoyo Chapter OVA was executed a lot better than this one.

Initially, I had hoped that this OVA would be about a relationship developing between Tomoya and Kyou after Nagisa's death or perhaps as Ushio starts kindergarten. That really would have been more interesting and more emotional.

Yes that would have been a good way to handle it.
Apr 5, 2015 1:51 AM

Feb 2015
I don't like Kyou x Tomoya , but the plot is good, it just lacked more time, it could be 8/10 if this flaw is absent.
Jun 17, 2015 1:14 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Didn't really like this special because he spent more time with Ryou and yet he had feelings with Kyou and we don't really know how this came to be.
Jun 17, 2015 1:38 PM

Apr 2015
StevenHu said:

No NTR please.
#CHEXIT
Aug 1, 2015 11:33 AM
Dec 2014
6/10
Aug 20, 2015 6:32 AM
Mar 2013
Well, I can safely say I like this alternate universe Kyou over the in-verse Kyou. She's not as unlikable and annoying as the Kyou we know from the first 2 seasons, if you ask me.
Aug 29, 2015 2:15 PM

Sep 2007
I'd have rather seen a Kyou led Clannad series than Nagisa. 7/10
Oct 20, 2015 7:08 AM

Dec 2014
Re-watched for the 7th time.. Still good. <3
Nov 16, 2015 10:30 PM
Jan 2015
the ova is good..although it's rushed
can't be helped for 1 episode OVA.
It's always nice to see the other side of Sunohara.
8/10

I have seen the visual novel for Kyou route ..still only first half and it's really great.
Dec 11, 2015 9:45 AM

Aug 2011
So I eventually haven't got what exactly mean lines "The place is a lofty lord, can't meet nobody put on. We will lose the place, so lofty which changes."

Natives, would you mind to explain it, please?
Mar 14, 2016 8:02 PM

Jan 2016
i liked this OVA.
Tho Can't believe that they showed Ryou and Kyou kissing Tomoya in just 1 episode, While not showing a single kiss between Tomoya and Nagisa for a whole 2 seasons lol.

4/5
May 20, 2016 7:04 AM

Mar 2014
Alternative World : KyouxTomoya <3 ~ . "Love is a Fortune."
Great OVA !!! great soundtrack ~ . Ending with a kiss .. Twin's kiss ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2016 9:21 PM

Aug 2010
Meh, kinda dumb. Relied too much on soap opera tropes.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Aug 21, 2016 7:15 PM
Jul 2016
Didn't end in a threesome 0/10
Oct 28, 2016 12:22 AM

Oct 2015
this more than world by these series are starting to annoy me really. That means Japanese believe there is more than one world how delusional. The episode was okay although i am not into love stories.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 5, 2017 11:24 AM

Oct 2012
I'm honesly quite surprised they manage to fit it into one episode even though it was bad.

She's probably my favourite heroine of this series. But they really rushed this arc, like in case of Tomoyo OVA who was pretty non-character in the original series (I honestly urge you to play Tomoyo After as that's maybe even better than whole Clannad).

But back to Kyou... in the novel the scene with cut hair was situated outside under the tree with setting sun playing tricks on Tomoya's eyes and I think it worked a lot better. They also pretty much skipped most of Ryou dating parts and didn't even mentioned who she ended with in the future (whole Kappei arc was omitted from the anime).

Still, I kinda enjoyed it as Kyou is the one girl who understands Tomoya the best. She's not the best girl (Tomoyo is) but at the same time she is the best fit for him. I'm still kinda sad that Afterstory didn't ended with her dating Tomoya after Nagisa's death, that would be the greatest ending ever, emphasizing the the life goes on and that even sad things could turn into something better. Well, well.
Mar 5, 2017 10:26 AM
Jan 2016
Loved the Tomoyo OVA more than this one
Felt too rushed for me wished it was longer
Once again Beautiful animation and soundtrack
Overall : 6/10
Mar 8, 2017 1:38 AM

Apr 2016
Just watched this again, execution is neat, sound and background music is good, they play them at the right moment. Art is solid, not the best but still captivating (except for the damn big eye). I really enjoy the rain scene in fact, though they made it a bit different from the VN. The only problem is just as many people stated, rush, we don't know what's on Tomoya's mind whenever he is with Ryou untill the late game, and most of all, the build-up before the confession at the beginning is also very important, yet they cut it all out (can't be helped since it's only 24 minute). But i'm fine with this, it's nice to watch something that remind me of school days XD. 6/10.
Aug 12, 2017 6:51 AM

Jul 2015
I feel bad for Ryou q_q

Pretty solid episode, although I can't really approve Tomoya's actions at the start, bro Sunohara with the advices.
Aug 13, 2017 6:15 AM

Nov 2016
This episode was alright but it really made Tomoya seem a bit like Makoto from School Days. 4/10
Pixel_VapourNov 4, 2017 1:45 AM
Sep 7, 2017 9:11 AM

Jan 2017
Is it just me or did they abandon calling Ryou by her name in the dub LOL. I might be mishearing it, but for both of the After Story OVAs it sounds like they're saying Yo.
Dec 17, 2017 3:41 AM

Jul 2016
Meh, it was fine, but I wasn't that great. I'm not so much into highschool romantic comedies so all of this feels kinda empty to me. Also, Tomoya and Kyou had little to no screentime as a couple, what's with that?

6/10
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Mar 28, 2018 3:29 AM

Dec 2013
Its my fav ship in Clannad. I mean Tomoya x Kyou :D
Sep 17, 2018 11:06 AM
Apr 2018
Tomoya should've picked Kyou. Fact

8/10. I wish it would have been longer
Jan 10, 2019 8:05 AM

Oct 2013
It was fine, but nothing special. If there weren't elements such as: beautiful art, very good music, professionally directed scenes and that Clannad-like atmosphere, I would give it 6/10. Instead of it, my score for Kyou-hen is gonna be 7/10.

The main problem with this OVA is its shortness I think. Sure, it was good if we look on it as for alternate ending packed in one episode, but this episode's potential could be easily used in two OVAs instead of one. By it the story could feel way more realistic and less naive, but as I said before - judging on the length of this alternate evening's episode, everything was executed pretty fine, without a rush.
May 12, 2019 4:20 PM

Oct 2010
I still feel like this should've been the true ending, by which I mean he should've married Kyou as his 2nd wife after Nagisa died.
Jul 27, 2019 7:50 AM
Apr 2016
Well, that was pretty boring honestly. Cool alternate setting. However, those two are my least favorite characters, and I believe they have next to no depth in their characters.
Oct 6, 2019 9:40 AM

Feb 2019
Kyou is probably my favourite character besides Nagisa and the girl I would've wanted to end up with Tomoya if Nagisa hadn't been there so I was really looking forward to seeing this episode (not a VN player).

But I'm honestly let down. I didn't really like the story or the conflict between the two sisters. The story feels like a more generic love story and nothing really special. And I kinda dislike how those two (Tomoya and Kyou) for a time basically go behind Ryou's back despite the fact that it was Tomoya and Ryou who were dating. Also didn't like how it seemed like Ryou was a manipulative person when she said that she asked how to get closer with Tomoya to her sister because she knew Kyou would answer that.

So yeah, kinda disappointed. But at least got a lot of scenes where Kyou was just too cute.

This is really the last of Clannad, huh? What a shame. Wouldn't have minded another season of 24 episodes of the After Story of After Story to be honest.

Great series. Loved it. Wished it was longer. Won't ever forget.
Feb 17, 2020 4:11 PM

Feb 2017
I liked the Tomoyo special more than this one. But this one had more/better conflict. I feel like they made Tomoya a little more macho than his usual self for the sake of this timeline.

Mar 3, 2020 11:38 AM

Aug 2010
It was like School Days all over again... it was fun.
Mar 29, 2020 9:02 PM

Jul 2016
Kinda surprised Ryou ended up being the first girl in Clannad in getting a kiss on screen. Guess shy girls truly are unpredictable.

Overall and as with Tomoyo's OVA, the pacing here felt completely rushed but surprisingly, the drama was handled more decently. Yes, it felt over-exaggerated at some point but the execution and final resolution for this love triangle was realistic enough, at least for me. Besides, I kinda liked the fact that all the characters involved were at fault in some way or another.

5/10 - Kyou in love is such a dramatic mess tho.

P.S.: Oh my God! After reading some comments here, I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who thought of Makoto after seeing some of Tomoya's actions.
Jun 21, 2020 12:17 AM

Jul 2019
So after finishing After Story sometime ago, I finally watched this. The last Clannad content. Not as good as the other OVA imo but maybe thats just because I never really liked these two sisters. It was well done though.
Oct 12, 2020 4:03 PM

Jun 2020
It was good but it was kinda rush and I don't pretty much like on what they did on Kyou's hair, so overall 6/10.

Love the Tomoyo ending more.
Oct 23, 2020 7:08 PM

Mar 2020
If After Story is willing to retcon the entire narrative in favour of creating a happy ending, then I also have the power to retcon this as the only timeline that exists 😎

It was alright, I prefer the Tomoyo special over this one (even if Kyou is the superior love interest). It's pretty great to know that Ryou gets cucked in every timeline, including the one where she ends up with Tomoya.
Nov 8, 2020 4:07 PM

Jan 2020
I feel bad for Ryou but Kyou is tied with Tomoyo as my favorite girl in Clannad so I really liked how it ended and I enjoyed this overall.

Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» Where can you watch this

jschwag - Oct 19, 2021

9 by ReeceOliverr »»
Oct 20, 2021 4:22 AM

Poll: » kyou chapter vs. tomoyo chapter ( 1 2 )

SophiafrmAustria - Mar 19, 2011

66 by Spicelit »»
Jul 29, 2021 9:03 PM

» is Nagisa doesn't

veeny9 - Jul 9, 2021

4 by MuZe- »»
Jul 9, 2021 10:00 AM

» Question

CriminalGenius - Sep 18, 2020

0 by CriminalGenius »»
Sep 18, 2020 9:29 AM

» after story?

tthammy - Oct 10, 2010

4 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 19, 2015 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.