Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 8, 2013 2:19 PM

Jun 2011
grumpytoast said:

About the scissor part, Ryuko owns half of the sword, so the used one half to kill the dad and the other they kept.. I'm guessing the kept that other half in the dad because Ryuko came in so they ran away not having time to take it out.. Taking a sword out of a human body or anything isn't as easy as most animes and shows depict it.. We saw his figure so we know he was recently in the building and near by and Ryuko's presence most likely made the figure run away. Also being a smart man he probably already known he was done for and was going to die, so really pulling out the sword or not wouldnt matter.

Well it was pretty hard to read, but anyway, when they leave Ryuko's dad body there and leave the scene, they should have took the scissor with them too, and it wasn't as you said, hard to take out, because this show has been destroying walls and grounds with 0 difficulty so I find it hard that it's tough to pull out a.. scissor from a.. near dead body?

And, remember that her dad wanted to tell Ryuko something? What's the use of hastening his own death then? He wants to tell her something, but it would be bad if he dies before he could tell her, right? There is a difference between dying sooner and dying a little later.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 4, 2014 3:15 PM

Dec 2009
Holy cow Scourge Regalia
Jan 6, 2014 4:56 PM

Oct 2013
migohunter said:
Ah, also I just realized that Naturals Election (Natural Selection) is a very interesting play on words....

Yup haha interestin all right
Jan 9, 2014 4:40 AM

Dec 2013
Gamagoori 100% true masochist. He gets harder the more he is punished? Instant climax? What!?? Lmao
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 24, 2014 9:25 PM

Jul 2009
Wow ... pretty interesting episode. Ryuuko's dad sure looks uh ... different than I expected? XD
Gamagoori's a masochist eh ... lol wtf. Punishment and getting harder ... then exploding all at once ... double transformation ... oh boy XD Waited two years for Satsuki so they could go to high school together? Uh OK ... I like how we're getting into the pasts of all the Devas though XD
Interesting rule for the election ... Ryuuko gets to face everyone one-on-one? That sure happened faster than I expected :O Well I think she'll have to lose at least one ... I mean, we're just at the beginning of the anime! Though I guess it'd be interesting if she won and Satsuki had to tell her what she knew ... well, either way, the next couple of episodes will be pretty intense I bet :P
Jan 27, 2014 12:15 PM

Mar 2010
When we saw Gamagoori's car I was so sure we were heading into a Utena driving scene homage.
Feb 6, 2014 6:41 PM

Jan 2011
It's not like i didn't like this episode, but what was the point of the seven days of battle including the final 5 towers, if you let the students keep their uniforms?

With this, any actual change was ruled out right away. No zero star could ever arrive there against an army of one stars, and the devas and Ryuuko of course claimed the towers.

It also doesn't look like Ryuuko actually trained or did anything else that would give her a chance of actually defeating the devas.

I don't believe the writers couldn't come up with another way to allow Ryuuko visit her old home and showing a flashback. Let's say it was no later than noon at the start where Satsuki makes her announcement. If she would have setthe battle between Ryuuko and the devas for the next day, Ryuuko could have used this day "off" to go to her fathers house and be back long before evening. The flash back is free time anyways. So there was not even a need for a special break from a storytelling point of view.

So what purpose did it serve, what did Satsuki hope to achieve with it?
Feb 17, 2014 6:07 PM

Sep 2008
I'm kind of hoping the next 4 episodes aren't dedicated to a fight against each of the devas.
Feb 22, 2014 8:35 AM

Sep 2013
wow. gamagoori really dropped in my books after this
he's generally pretty cool but really? masochism? WHY ugh
Feb 25, 2014 5:39 PM

Mar 2013
HOLY.SHIT.
Mar 1, 2014 6:00 PM

Oct 2013
keen to see these battles!
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 6, 2014 7:51 PM

Dec 2008
I knew Gamagoori was a masochist! That was really hilarious xD
Mar 29, 2014 4:51 AM

May 2012
Intense episode! And it's only going to get more intense next episode! Really great development with also some nice backstory so let's see what the next episode will offer us!
Mar 30, 2014 1:22 PM

May 2013
Next Episode seems epic. Can't stop laughing when gamagori transform lol what a masochist.
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 7, 2014 2:48 PM
Apr 2014
Does she have to fight all four of them after another without a break? Seems a bit harsh. I would love to see the other members fight each other. Maybe one of them switching sides. Either way this is going to be epic!
Apr 13, 2014 10:30 PM
Mar 2009
Well, did not expect that. Ira is a masochist. Mr. Hardass, ex-Student President likes to be beaten.

He also sucks at driving, lol. Yes, spinning the wheel in a 360 is totally a viable tactic to lose your pursuers!

Big battle next episode(s). Gonna be awesome.
May 12, 2014 10:13 PM

Apr 2014
Arrayan said:
Does she have to fight all four of them after another without a break? Seems a bit harsh. I would love to see the other members fight each other. Maybe one of them switching sides. Either way this is going to be epic!

I was thinking the same thing! It's gonna suck if she has to fight all 4 of them without a break. she had a hard enough time with the blind guy
May 19, 2014 8:58 PM

Sep 2011
Shits going down next episode!
May 22, 2014 10:52 AM

Dec 2013
Not much happened.
;o Satsuki wasn't that ugly in the past.
Next episode is gonna be awesome.
May 22, 2014 6:34 PM

Apr 2013
Kyouraku-san said:
Not much happened.

ARE YOU IMPLYING

SATSUKI IS UGLY?
Powerful eyebrows.
May 31, 2014 6:16 AM
May 2012
Gamagoori is a total masochist, and he has a pimp ride ahahaha.
Matoi's father looks like a freakin' wizard to me. I am already spoiled about Satsuki and Matoi's true relationship, so yeah.....but it's fine with me, don't know why though. Fucking spoilers everywhere =_=

Dark-Raven said:
Arrayan said:

I was thinking the same thing! It's gonna suck if she has to fight all 4 of them without a break. she had a hard enough time with the blind guy

Yeah, was thinking the same thing.

migohunter said:
Kyouraku-san said:
Not much happened.

ARE YOU IMPLYING

SATSUKI IS UGLY?

THAT BANGS AND EYEBROWS MAKES HER HOT!
Jul 7, 2014 6:01 PM

Feb 2011
loved it!!
Jul 7, 2014 7:00 PM

Feb 2011
GOOO RYUUKO
Sep 7, 2014 10:08 PM
Mar 2014
Gamagoori actually seems pretty cool, it's a shame he's been brainwashed :(
Oct 2, 2014 6:31 PM

Jan 2012
Things are heating up! :D
Nov 6, 2014 7:05 AM

Oct 2014
I'm so excited for the Ryuko VS Gamagoori battle x.x They're both so awesome, but I'm still siding with Ira. He's a totally cool guy loyal to the wrong person xD or maybe not, Satsuki might not be all that bad after all - can't judge anyone before knowing their reasons and story.

The pink car Ira had doe XD just lol.
Nov 16, 2014 8:33 PM

Apr 2014
babymilo91 said:
Gamagoori's a masochist lol.
Three star perv uniform:)
---------My Profile------------
Nov 30, 2014 10:10 AM

Mar 2010
Its a bit one sided.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 16, 2014 7:48 AM

Nov 2009
Awesome episode and it looks like things are really starting to kick off now with the upcoming battle with the Elite Four. One thing that has interested me most about the series is Satsuki, Her motives for doing what she does have not been fully explained yet and it kind of feels like she is not as much of a villain as what she is supposed to be.
Jan 1, 2015 2:36 AM

Feb 2013
The whole time Gamagoori was getting hit in the freeway u was think "Damn, he's a masochist." Looking forward to the next fight. I think it's going to be good.
Jan 1, 2015 2:44 PM

Jan 2014
A good episode. That school is a real bloodbath, full of surprises. So are Satsuki's ideas. I feel bad for Gamagoori, his nice new car got pretty damaged.
The next episode will be the main dish!
Jan 26, 2015 10:27 AM

Nov 2014
The Ryuuko flashback was really sad.

Lmao I loved Mako's reaction to Gamagoori's car...she's so cute xD

Ready to see all these battles!!!
Jan 31, 2015 5:10 PM
Jan 2015
So I'm slowly beginning to ignore all the flaws and things i don't like about the show.. I'm definetly becoming fund of it, though I wouldn't say i'm enjoying it to the fullest.
Feb 10, 2015 6:34 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Gamagoori is not so bad after all, same as Sanageyama.
Mar 3, 2015 5:32 PM
Jul 2014
Can't wait for tournament!
Mar 28, 2015 9:58 PM

Mar 2014
"Naturals Election" = Natural Selection. Such clever, wow.

Those sudden innuendos with Gamagori's uniform, jeez my jaw dropped so much :U

Finallly, Ryuko has beaten all 8 gym leaders/episodes and made it to the Elite Four! Can't wait to see this clash of school titans.
Apr 2, 2015 11:06 PM

Jul 2014
Why did I not see IRA being a masochist coming. I mean, his position days it all, and my jaw still hit the floor.
Apr 13, 2015 6:25 PM

Jul 2013
There we go, next episode will be awesome I think.

Lol Gamagoori was pretty cool in this episode :P

May 3, 2015 5:53 PM

Nov 2014
Gamagoori's an interesting one, he actually displayed some morals here unlike the rest of Satsuki's cronies.

I really doubt Ryuuko's gonna beat the Elite four, she might defeat one of them at least but not all of them in a row.
Bubcus993May 3, 2015 6:00 PM
May 5, 2015 11:52 AM

Feb 2015
The OST is one of the best i have heard.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2015 3:34 AM

Oct 2011
Naturals Election

Natural Selection

well played Trigger
Aug 8, 2015 7:06 PM

Apr 2014
Wow this episode was awesome.

Speaking of Social Darwinism, they went straight to the point lol. I had just referenced it in my thoughts of the previous episode, so it was amusing to see it happen in the most literal and overt way immediately afterward.

It was nice to learn more about Ryuko's backstory. It explains her present attitude and drive for revenge and resolution. It wasn't just that her father died, but that she was there, witnessing the alleged killer flee the scene and the moment when her father departed. Growing up socially isolated in a rough environment created her rough attitude, but it gave her appreciation for family and companionship and makes her relationship with the Mankanshokus and Senketsu so much more meaningful. It's great to see her go from having no one to having people to fight for and who will stand alongside her.

LOL Mako's song and that drive-by shooting.

Gamagoori is a masochist -.- All of those puns during the fight were hilarious in how well they described the current situation while acting as equally fitting metaphors.

Satsuki is both ruthless and merciful, using discretion in her actions so that she would come off as someone to be feared but yet respected. She has no qualms with crushing anyone who opposes her while possessing a certain sense of honor, befitting of an egotistical person who fancies themselves a savior.
Jan 25, 2016 3:25 AM
Dec 2011
i love this... i love ryuuko :3
Feb 2, 2016 7:22 PM

Nov 2015
Things are really heating up now...
What the hell is with gamagoori's perverted talk XD
"Hit me, hit me more. The more you punish me the harder i get"
hahahaha
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2016 8:55 AM

May 2013
LOL the way Gamagoori was talking, I thought his transformation was gonna be a tranny xD
Mar 13, 2017 5:41 PM

Dec 2012
Well, this is certainly an interesting development.

That was cool of the student council dude to help them out when their scooter broke down. Shows how respectable he is.

She sure did quickly climb to the top of that 5th tower haha, stoked to see these next battles.
Mar 13, 2017 5:42 PM

Dec 2012
Vysarine said:
"Naturals Election" = Natural Selection. Such clever, wow.

Those sudden innuendos with Gamagori's uniform, jeez my jaw dropped so much :U

Finallly, Ryuko has beaten all 8 gym leaders/episodes and made it to the Elite Four! Can't wait to see this clash of school titans.

hahahahaha good catch there
Aug 7, 2017 8:33 AM

Jul 2015
Gamagoori is a masochist, ayyy.

Nice episode, I can't help but like the bad side.
Oct 26, 2017 2:15 PM

Jul 2013
A Battle Royale ... like the other movie I like. I guess sort of mixed in with Mad Max lol!

I wonder how many movies they can make the show seem like in the series lol.

Awesome fighting and I was surprised Ira gave them a lift in his sweet ride~

He's kinda nice outside school lol. I thought he was older! I can't believe he's 20 and stayed in school longer for Satsuki!

Climbing those things, wow! that took some stamina lol.

So, if Ryuko defeats the elite four she'll find out about her father death, even though from the flashbacks it looks like it was Satsuki probably.

She ran after his killer but he ended up dying in the fire without getting to tell her what he wanted, awww.
stephtastropheOct 26, 2017 2:19 PM
Feb 18, 2018 7:38 PM

Aug 2017
Ryuuko's flashback was sad. Gamagoori is a masochist! 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

264 by Rhae »»
Jun 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

300 by Rhae »»
May 31, 7:42 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

879 by bubba460z »»
May 31, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2013

337 by Kamirura »»
May 29, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

189 by Rhae »»
May 27, 1:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.