Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 26, 2007 8:18 PM
May 2007
wow... Why isn't there a topic for ep. 40? D:

not much to say... Nana's message for hachiko at the TV was cool lol
and takumi and hi's lovers... argh... i'm the only one that hates Takumi?
a
May 27, 2007 9:20 PM

Apr 2007
I also don't like Takumi. I give him points for stepping up and taking respnsibility with the baby but with all his negative comments it's obvious to me he doesn't really love Hachi. Their relationship is like a moral obligation to him. Whether she's with him or not he said he'll support the baby. Hachi seems to have visions of a loving family in her head but the relationship they're in doesn't look like it can lead to true happiness.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
May 27, 2007 9:26 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Interesting episode. For some reason I wanted Nobu and Nana to do it in the small room. Lol, call me weird, but I thought it'd put a really big twist on the show.

Nobu definitely needs to get back with Hachiko. Takumi is an ass and that's all there is to it.
May 28, 2007 7:54 PM
May 2007
Xinil said:
Interesting episode. For some reason I wanted Nobu and Nana to do it in the small room. Lol, call me weird, but I thought it'd put a really big twist on the show.

Nobu definitely needs to get back with Hachiko. Takumi is an ass and that's all there is to it.

LOL! I thought of that about Nobu and Nana too... They would make a good couple. XD
i need ep. 41 >.<
a
Jul 16, 2008 12:57 AM

Mar 2008
haha yeah a Nobu/Hachi affair would be awesome ^ ^ for many reasons...
...1) Nobu <3 .. and an affair wouldn't be like him at all
2) Hachi and Nobu would be happy
and 3) Takumi gah..and he'd be so pissed if he found out *evil laugh* but serves him right
theres still episodes left..it could happen XD
Aug 9, 2008 7:13 AM

Mar 2008
Haha, that'd sure be a major plot twist and would make Takumi go nuts, which is always okay. But, I just can't see Nobu with anyone except Hachi... He's made for her, she just doesn't know yet.

Not a very exciting episode, but it was enjoyable.
Nov 11, 2008 2:28 PM

Jun 2007
so very happy about the "get hachiko back plan"
it seems that there is still hope for nobu<3

also, the ending was really nice ^^

I hope blast will get good sales ;.;
Jan 8, 2009 5:54 PM

Sep 2008
YES! They haven't given up yet! There's a plan! and that plan sure as hell better work ;]
I hope Blast's debut goes well...
Apr 7, 2009 10:18 AM

Mar 2009
Ooooh Trapnest VS BLAST can't wait to see who will win.

Apr 24, 2009 11:39 AM

Apr 2009
The longer this Takumi thing goes on, the more I want to reach through the television screen and beat Hachi severely until she comes to her senses.

I'll admit, I liked Takumi at first. He's a rock star, he's got long hair, he's got that "pulled together" aura about him... but the more I got to know him, the more I realized he's just a selfish jerk. Yes, Hachi is selfish too.. but she's just a child herself still, she at least has a chance to grow out of it, even though she may not have at this point. In fact, I think the child may help her learn to care about something other than herself (if she does keep it for sure, that is).

... and I like Ren, and I like Nana... but I still keep wanting Nana and Ren to break up so she can hook up with Yasu. I can't really explain it, but Yasu just seems better for her, somehow (even though I'm typically against dating within a bandmate situation)

And one other thing I've been wondering for quite a while now -- what exactly is the age of consent in Japan?? I don't take issue with the whole prostitution thing, as what happens between two consenting adults is their business -- but Shin is, last I checked, still only 15... if that sort of thing is normal over there, then I suppose I'll accept it and stop freaking out.. but for now it just feels.. wrong..

I found the answer to my own question. Apparently in Tokyo, where Reira and Shin keep hooking up, age of consent is 13, which means Reira isn't doing anything illegal, other than hiring a prostitute. Even though I disagree personally with having sex with minors, it makes me view her character a bit differently -- she's not "some creepy chick going after children", she's just a woman looking for love, but paying for a substitute in the meantime..

May 22, 2009 3:43 AM

Jun 2008
haha. they were laughing at the contract signing! raccoon and fox. haha.. OH NO!! both albums will be released on the same date!?!?!?.. and what was with that vandalism!
Jun 25, 2009 5:40 AM

Jul 2008
There's still hope for Hachi and Nobu.
Jul 29, 2009 2:05 AM

Mar 2009
okay, I used to HATE nana, because of how whiney, annoying, crybaby, and obnoxious she was...but when she spray painted over that "NANA DIE" that totally changed my view of her.
Aug 28, 2009 1:37 PM

Jan 2009
Ouran12 said:
okay, I used to HATE nana, because of how whiney, annoying, crybaby, and obnoxious she was...but when she spray painted over that "NANA DIE" that totally changed my view of her.

not totally changed my view, but certainly made me see her a bit differently ^_^
i can't believe i'm saying this [me, the person who had to force herself to restart watching Nana after a year pause of having it on-hold and barely made it trough the last 15 eps] but this show is restarting to feel good and show it's potential. i finally remember what was that made me watch it in the first place...

Apr 13, 2010 11:39 PM

Mar 2010
Yay I'm so happy they are trying to get Nana back!! but OMG who would write Nana Die??!!!
Animestuffs-1.png
Apr 16, 2010 12:45 PM

Jun 2009
These last two episodes have gone a long way to make me feel good in contrast to the really depressing episodes before it. That was a great scene with Hachi in the last few minutes. Great stuff, as usual.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 7, 2010 10:12 PM

Jan 2009
Oh Snap! BLAST is gonna take over Trapnest. Can't wait!

Jun 14, 2010 5:12 AM

Oct 2008
Nobuuu. <3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 12, 2010 10:41 AM

May 2008
insan3soldiern said:
These last two episodes have gone a long way to make me feel good in contrast to the really depressing episodes before it. That was a great scene with Hachi in the last few minutes. Great stuff, as usual.

Agree with 100%
Aug 20, 2010 7:39 AM

Nov 2007
didn't the spraypaint part happened earlier...?
Dec 4, 2010 2:13 PM

Aug 2008
Ouran12 said:

well, maybe i didn't hate her and it didn't tottaly change mine view of Hachi but i must admit, that was awesome!
BLAST vs Trapnest !
Dec 10, 2010 6:43 PM

Aug 2010
I'm watching the dubbed (excellent cast, btw) but it is bugging the heck out of me that they aren't translating any of the Kanji. I had no idea that the graffiti said "Die Nana".

Feb 19, 2011 9:04 PM

Jul 2010
Hachi was spraying graffiti lol
Mar 22, 2011 7:43 PM

Aug 2010
MAN THE FUCK UP NOBU

TIME TO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK
May 5, 2011 1:08 PM

Jul 2008
The world would be a better place if everyone had someone like Yasu in their life.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
May 17, 2011 4:51 AM

Sep 2008
Hachi in that last scene was just great. Made me grin a bit. :D

I imagine NANA asked for their debut date to be the same day as the day when Trapnest's single is released, hah. Hope NANA's "plan" goes smoothly. It would be great to see Nana back with the gang - which effectively seems like where she belongs, anyway.
Jul 5, 2011 5:41 PM
Jun 2009
The last scene with Hachi and the graffiti made me tear up so badly. Even though Nana and Hachi hadn't known each other for that long and they can't see each any more, their friendship is still so deep that they want to protect one another from afar. I wish I had a friend that was that close to me.

And I'm still hoping for Nobu x Hachi. Hopefully Nana's "plan" works.
Aug 21, 2011 4:38 PM

Jun 2009
LOOOLLL I love it when Hachi told Takumi he "needs to compromise more please for the kids' sake".

Lol that chick is really crazy! And Takumi is crazier for marrying her! And on top of that she asked for a diamond ring from England. Lol Her dumbness indeed really makes her cute!

Nana's wanting to stay in the spotlight and to sign a contract to be Hachi's heroine is a bit weird and out of character. That's a gross way of tryiing to link Hachi to Blast after she had severed all connections with them. At the very least Nobu should just move on.
Aug 22, 2011 7:06 PM

Mar 2011
kittygoesmad said:
Ouran12 said:

well, maybe i didn't hate her and it didn't tottaly change mine view of Hachi but i must admit, that was awesome!
BLAST vs Trapnest !

Hachi gained some definite cool points there :) BLAST vs. TRAPNEST !! :3
Mar 15, 2012 1:43 PM

Jul 2011
wow um a bit of a boring ep. but it made me mad that whole phone convo between takumi and nana i mean i really dont want this relationship to work out and reira was so cute in this ep. im glad nana has a plan to get hachi back but i still think nobu should move on..... the whole blast vs. trapnest thing is gonna fail trapnest is way bigger than blast and no offense but reira is a better singer IMO
Mar 19, 2012 8:29 PM

Sep 2011
I really don't know what to think of this Anime. Its really... different.
May 12, 2012 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
Yes! Nana to the Rescue! Get back your dog! =D.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jun 2, 2012 5:47 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode<3 I'm somewhat of a TakumixHachi lover right now though, so I hope they stay together. Unless Takumi meets his 'lover' in England. Then I'd be like " GO NOBUU!! <3" ahha
Jun 8, 2012 2:23 PM

Jan 2012
Touka said:
The world would be a better place if everyone had someone like Yasu in their life.
Yasu IS THE MAN!
Jun 16, 2012 2:02 PM

Dec 2009
It was an interesting episode. I wonder what's gonna happen between the two Nanas.
Sep 15, 2012 6:11 PM

Jul 2012
Everyone's bitching on Nana's fame from Ren. They didn't realize that she didn't do it on purpose. :S And screw whoever wrote the "Die" message ): Props for Hachi for erasing it.
Jan 15, 2013 2:22 PM
Mar 2012
ColdBeans said:
Oh Snap! BLAST is gonna take over Trapnest. Can't wait!

haha yes! Also "Nana Die" who would write that??!?!
Feb 16, 2013 5:05 PM

Oct 2012
I'm so glad that someone is finally DOING something to try to resolve the problems, instead of just letting more and more problems build up. It felt good to actually smile again at this anime, since I was starting to forget what it felt like with all the depressing issues (mainly the Hachi/Takumi situation) that have been going on in previous episodes. Things are finally starting to look up. I just hope it goes smoothly...
Feb 16, 2013 5:44 PM

Jan 2012
It's just hilarious, Takumi doesn't seems to care whether she stays or leaves and raises the kid alone, she doesn't care if he shouts at her and stuff like that. Hachi is really the perfect housekeeper.

Apr 27, 2013 1:21 PM
Jan 2013
Hachi and Nana still care for each other so much, although their "happy days" lasted for a very short time. Ureshi I hope it's just moving towards a good end.
Just wonder whom Hachi cares more for... Nana or Takumi?
I guess releasing their records at the same time will be a hard one for their "relationship" (actually thought that Hachi saw a poster in the tunnel and realised this them)
But the action with sprying over was so not like her, which again makes me happy.

Touka said:

That. Plus so sad to see Nobu out of hope. I want to see him stand up to the plan of retrieving Hachi.

Misato-chan supa kawaii <3
May 29, 2013 7:35 AM

Mar 2013
This episode made me so sad... I still miss the episodes where the gang and Hachi were together. But it's still a drama anime so I understand why they can't live happily together.
Sep 10, 2013 3:41 PM
Jul 2013
Keep in mind that the narration in the previous episodes hinted many times for a sad ending
Jan 26, 2014 11:32 AM

May 2012
Oh wow it does seem to get a bit more happy and brighter along the path, but I do wonder why and who wrote that Nana should die under that bridge! Either way some interesting development I must say so let's see what's next!
Apr 9, 2014 9:34 PM

Aug 2013
Damn BLAST's debut single will go head to head with Trapnest's >__<
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 6, 2014 3:48 PM

Jan 2014
Never give up :) Still hoping for a happy ending .
Jul 4, 2014 11:17 AM

Jul 2013
Starrlightx3 said:
YES! They haven't given up yet! There's a plan! and that plan sure as hell better work ;]
I hope Blast's debut goes well...

Yay! I'm soo happy! I seriously hope it works! Dat ending was amazing!!
Dec 14, 2014 8:53 AM

Oct 2012
I'm gonna come out and say it: Takumi ain't a bad guy. Sure he can be an ass at times but he shows that he's also capable of showing some genuine affection for Nana. Just saying, dude's not black and white.
Dec 26, 2014 6:01 PM

Jun 2014
Though Takumi is self-centred, but he was with Hachiko when she needed him most that what even Yasu can't do to Reira, you have to admit Takumi has his own charm. And as I know, Ai Yazawa sensei also likes Takumi most.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2015 4:56 AM

Mar 2014
Spray it Hachiko, spray it
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 5, 2015 3:41 AM

Oct 2013
Wow. This brought a tear to my eye. So touching. Nobu ;-; Okay, Nana managed to partially redeem herself this episode. But still...

THAT DOESN'T CHANGE HOW IMMATURE THIS SHOW IS OMG. I HATE THIS I HATE THIS. SO MUCH DRAMA. AND NO ONE DIED. AND IT'S NOT EPIC AND IT'S A SHOUJO. FUK DIS SHIT.
ZadionFeb 5, 2015 10:09 AM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jul 28, 2007

391 by Meriurin »»
Jun 19, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aznixiboy - Jun 14, 2008

75 by Meriurin »»
Jun 19, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Jul 21, 2007

67 by Meriurin »»
Jun 19, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 44 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelle - Jun 29, 2007

62 by Fairytelly »»
Jun 14, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Jun 10, 2007

73 by Fairytelly »»
Jun 14, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.