Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 29, 2007 8:20 AM

Aug 2006
OMFG!! O_o Ren proposing to Nana!! Awesome!!! But holy hell... they're both so screwed up right now... how the hell is that gonna work??!!?? And Ren taking drugs??? O_o

And... Reira & Shin... lol @ the age thing ::blush:: I completely understand this... but hopefully, she's got her head out of her arse and isn't still swooning over Takumi...

And I like this new girl w/ Nobu... but again... an age issue that Nobu isn't comfortable with... hmmm... and it seems she's kinda messed up too... she keeps covering her wrists (which I'm assuming shows proof of a previous suicide attempt)... and the hyperventalation...

Only 3 episodes to go... some serious stuff is about to start happening... can't wait!!! ^_^
Jul 4, 2007 2:47 AM

Jun 2007
What was all that strangulation about? That's pretty sick.. I mean, I never thought Nana was the type of girl who liked that sort of thing.
Jul 25, 2008 5:47 AM

Mar 2008
haha Chelle, you sound like me. saying everything i was thinking =]
<3 Reira & Shin! and 'nana' years age difference, what a coincidence! lol
and Ren & Nana...they were thinking the most completely opposite things ever! haha writing that just made me think of Legally Blonde ... although theyre opposites in every way, but still.
but yeah..3 episodes left??!?! i almost don't want to watch them for fear of it all being over...
Oct 11, 2008 5:23 AM

May 2008
My birthday is the same day as nobu's >.>
And Aquarius is not a sign of Water but of Air.
Nana+Ren= Pervs xD
Jan 9, 2009 4:05 PM

Nov 2008
Nana loves and is loved, still she is unhappy about it. We are weird creatures, for sure. We dream and struggle to make our dreams come true, but we can ruin everything ourselves. Out of fear, I suppose. We are so much afraid to lose our happiness, we don't have courage to accept ourselves being happy

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
May 22, 2009 6:25 AM

Jun 2008
miyu's 27!!!! woah. i never would've guessed... AND REN PROPOSED!!!! WAAAA!! AND SHE REJECTED IT!??! why does she make it feel like falling for ren is a bad thing?? and does she really love yasu more?

AND WHAT WAS WITH NANA'S REACTION TO REIRA!! HAHAHA
Jun 27, 2009 5:24 AM

Jul 2008
I kinda feel like some of the relationships are going to end in ways that I don't want. It feels like things are beginning to be set in stone.
May 9, 2010 9:03 PM

Jan 2009
tehee...Nana likes the bondage.

Jun 14, 2010 7:23 AM

Oct 2008
Nana likes bondage. =O
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 14, 2010 10:30 AM

May 2008
Heart warming episode
Oct 5, 2010 9:34 PM
Feb 2010
Beck reference?

Dec 5, 2010 10:04 AM

Aug 2008
Ren taking drugs... Porpose to Nana, i hoped she will agree, they're both so weak (psychically) and they need each other. I wonder how she exactly felt, when she realized the relationship between Yasu and the Ren.
It's surprising how often I see myself in similar situations, doing the same mistakes.
Dec 10, 2010 11:20 PM

Aug 2010
Nana got sucked in by Layla's charm! LOL

Nana:"Note to self, never underestimate this woman."

Jan 8, 2011 11:47 PM

Mar 2010
-hi- said:
Beck reference?

Hell yeah! BECK!!!!!!!!! WOOT! xD

That's cool they did that.
Jan 27, 2011 7:47 PM

Nov 2009
Vitka_Lynx said:
Nana loves and is loved, still she is unhappy about it. We are weird creatures, for sure. We dream and struggle to make our dreams come true, but we can ruin everything ourselves. Out of fear, I suppose. We are so much afraid to lose our happiness, we don't have courage to accept ourselves being happy

I agree, too many times have people lost what they cared about out of fear. Fear makes you do things half heartedly cause you still have hope while expecting it to fail /random rant
Lol noticed the beck reference too, epic
Mar 23, 2011 10:54 PM

Aug 2010
By the way Nana was talking at the end, it seems like Hachi will remain being with Takumi

what a fucking shame
May 6, 2011 9:30 AM

Jul 2008
BROFIST YASU

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the world would be a better place if everyone had someone like Yasu in their lives.

Can't believe Ren proposed! That scene was fantastic. I hope Nana says yes and they can finally get back on track after both feeling so helpless and weak.

Reira and Nana's first meeting was great, too!
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
May 21, 2011 11:25 AM

Sep 2008
yakyuu-addict said:
I kinda feel like some of the relationships are going to end in ways that I don't want. It feels like things are beginning to be set in stone.

Same. D: All along I think many of us were hoping for Nana and Nobu to get back together... and clearly that's not happening. I'm happy that Nobu has a new person he's interested in, though! She's way older, but since when does age matter? She looks young, at least, right? Right? XD

Ren's proposal really caught me off guard. o_O

What now? What now?!
Jul 6, 2011 11:42 AM
Jun 2009
Hachi's really getting on my nerves now. I was hoping to see her character become more mature and less spoiled, but she ended up getting even more childish. She's a complete gold-digger now, and it's like she's just a shallow doll for Takumi to play with. What a shame.

And hopefully Ren x Nana will pull through. Looks like they're both falling to pieces inside the their minds.
Jul 12, 2011 6:18 AM

Apr 2009
Yasu is enlightenment.

I guessed that Ren would propose, but at the same time, I wished that they just ended it. But it seems like they both need really each other since Yasu has been the glue to their relationship.

I also agree w/ the Hachi comments. I thought her earlier development was pretty awesome, but it seems like she's conformed into her situation.. so there's nothing that spectacular about her side of the story now.
Jul 27, 2011 11:39 PM

Jul 2011
has anyone heard of an s&m pervert that is what nana and ren were doing with the choking and sex and enjoying it.. im not gonna lie that um freaked me out a little bit but i guess people like what they like anyways ren doing drugs was no suprise to me he seemed like a druggie... lastly nana expression to when reira was coming to hug her PRICELESS!!!
Aug 22, 2011 11:49 PM

Mar 2011
Nana&Ren's relationship is seriously giving me chills...after hearing about the padlock that Ren wore around his neck, I listened to the Sex Pistols...and read about Sid Vicious. Him and his girl were real screwed up...drugs, addictions..but they couldn't live without each other. They took a suicide pact. Sid died before he turned 25...just as he predicted. Thinking Ai took some of what Sid and Nancy went through, in creating these two amazing characters. It makes me happy to see them together. And they do, in a way, fill the emptiness each other felt. I guess Nana was afraid to face him, and depended on Yasu to protect her from being sucked into Ren's love.
..was she afraid of the pain she could feel after losing another loved one?
-You were wrong, Nana. Ren would always be with you, he'd die with you. That sure is something.
Dec 25, 2011 10:57 PM

Mar 2009
Well the marriage part was a little unexpected but right timing.
Mar 19, 2012 10:14 PM

Sep 2011
I'm so happy there is at least one couple I am happy with. (shin x reira)
Jun 2, 2012 10:31 PM

Jul 2010
<3 I'm so happy they're meeting up again... I just hope Nobu's love doesn't come back.

I'm loving Ren and Nana. I knew the proposal was gonna come outta nowhere in a time like this :)
Jun 19, 2012 7:44 PM

Dec 2009
Wow, Yasu is very mature indeed... And I wonder if Reira was being honest when she ran to Nana. Most likely she was, haha.
Damn I can't believe there's only like 3 episodes left.
Jan 16, 2013 5:36 PM
Mar 2012
Vitka_Lynx said:

It's funny that this is is how I feel when I think of happiness.
Jan 16, 2013 5:37 PM
Mar 2012
Mystere said:
Hachi's really getting on my nerves now. I was hoping to see her character become more mature and less spoiled, but she ended up getting even more childish. She's a complete gold-digger now, and it's like she's just a shallow doll for Takumi to play with. What a shame.

And hopefully Ren x Nana will pull through. Looks like they're both falling to pieces inside the their minds.

This too...
Feb 17, 2013 3:47 AM

Jan 2012
Ren finally proposed to Nana. Hachi became a totally meaningless characters in the show and that's wonderful. Loved this episode.

May 27, 2013 2:03 PM
Jan 2013
Nobody really mentions that, but I'm quite worried about Ren.. being on drugs (again?) he seems like loosing it, Nana should stay by his side, it's his only hope. Sure, he has Yasu, but that's different.

Was it mentioned before that Yasu and Ren were both in an orphanage? It looks like only Hachi had a normal family. Even Nobu wanted to leave his family for a reason. Maybe there's the key to Hachi's behavior?

Everyone seems to like that girl Nobu is going for now. But she seems too shallow for him. And he still remembers about Hachi, though probably not so warmly anymore.

Will this have a proper ending? 3 episodes seems to be so little.
Aug 8, 2013 1:58 AM

Dec 2012
I wonder what was wrong with Ren?? But aWWWWW HE PROPOSED. Although it wasn't proper and Nana didn't even really reply...

Heehee Shin and Reira are so cute
Oct 24, 2013 11:13 PM

May 2011
I knew something was up when Ren was sleeping in the bathtub a few episodes back... I'm glad Yasu confronted him the way he did. Nana is frustrating me a bit now, she's forcefully trying to convince herself to push Ren away when both her mind and body disagree. If they do get married, it would even put an end to most of the scandal, and they will both potentially be more stable. Though Yasu would still be forever exploited... and we know that he's good enough to sacrifice forever, which in itself can be bad to be so selfless... so I guess it's still not perfect. But what really can be perfect? We saw how Nobu, Takumi and Hachi turned out.

3 episodes left? Though it's a bit sad, I'm looking forward to see how they're going to end the anime.
Jan 26, 2014 2:09 PM

May 2012
Nice going Ren I hope we'll see two weddings! And damn didn't expect the girl that Nabu was going for was 27 xD he sure has some bad luck with the woman :p

In general a pretty nice episode the part where both groups meet was pretty funny! Let's see what happens next!
Mar 14, 2014 4:59 PM

Aug 2013
"She's coming... She's coming... SHE'S COMING!!" - Nana Osaki's thoughts as Layla approached her
Also love how Junko comes back in the anime to kick some sense into Hachi!
Apr 9, 2014 11:47 PM

Aug 2013
Ahh I hope Nana gets a happy ending with Ren. I really do :(

Reira completely overpowered Nana XD!

Yay Shin x Reira's going well!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 8, 2014 2:37 AM

Jan 2014
I have a feeling that Nana and Hachiko are writing letters
or sth like that to each other and reminiscing... Maybe the
two of them will never meet again in the show... T_____T
Feb 6, 2015 3:26 PM

Oct 2013
"He nearly did kill me... and then he took me to heaven with him. I guess I'm a pervert, too." lololololol

I knew Ren was going to propose to Nana, but still... that was such a "D'AWWWWWW" moment.

I still don't like Hachi, but honestly, it feels like this relationship has matured both her and Takumi while giving them both much needed stability. It's sad how everything worked out, but I think the show is getting around to the point that everything really DOES work out for the best, even if it seems like a devastating tragedy at the time.

I just hope Nobu hooks Miyu. ;-;

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 28, 2015 11:51 AM

Feb 2013
Ren doing drugs...that's no good. Reira and Shin are cute <3

Apr 11, 2015 1:10 AM

Jul 2014
"In another three months, I will be 21."
"In January? What day?"
"The 23th"
"An aquarius"
"Yep. All the guys in our band are water signs".

...Aquarius is Air though.
Jun 4, 2015 5:36 PM

Mar 2015
Great episode but some moments were really weird :D
Sep 10, 2015 4:03 AM

May 2014
Wait, Ren was doing drugs? Why was he so weak he couldn't light his cigarette.

Seems like all the relationships are stabilizing. That's nice :)
Apr 23, 2016 10:33 AM

Aug 2014
Nice episode with many jokes :)
That meeting Reira with Nana was very funny :D

Poor Nobou got rejected :D haha

Glad that Shin and Reira are together.
What is it with this birthdays and zodiac signs?

Naoki and Nobou are a little alike, and both don't have girlfriends at the end of story :( and Yasu also :(
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 9, 2016 11:22 PM
Sep 2015
WTF happened to Ren? The first indication that he's heavily addicted to drugs, completely out of nowhere, 44 episodes into the series?
Dec 31, 2016 2:29 AM

Sep 2015
NobuXMiu took a nosedive ;-;
I still hope for it to happen 😭👍🏼
RireaXShin is cute as always
Feb 28, 2017 6:16 PM

Jun 2015
Ahh I could almost feel Nobu's pain when he got rejected xD.
Although the Ren and drugs part really just... Yeah.
Mar 4, 2017 9:09 PM

Mar 2015
I'm going to miss this show when it ends
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 12, 2017 5:57 PM

Nov 2016
Decent episode, Nana and Ren enjoyed some SM sex and Ren even proposed.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 27, 2018 11:05 AM

May 2016
That proposal I definitely thought he was going to end it but in my heart I hoped
For him to mary him and it actually became true :)

That last ray of hope of Nana was really hard for me to watch my heart really ached with that ost T^T
May 19, 2019 12:39 AM

Oct 2012
Ren asked Nana to marry him, but Nana seems not so sure
She kinda love Yasu more, Yasu on the other hand love Nana as lil sis.. or it seems like that at the very least

Lot of actions in this episode
Except Nobu :P
What's wrong with 7 (Nana) years difference? xD
30 years difference is still legit for some people

I love how the monologue turned from Komatsu Nana into Osaki Nana's monologue
It's like their stories revolving each other then slowly separated from Nana (八)'s story into Nana's own story
Nana (八) isn't in it anymore
"Signature removed"
Jun 6, 2019 2:50 PM
Apr 2016
Ren can't handle being away from Nana, surviving those two years must've been really hard. I'm glad he proposed to her, hopefully their relationship turns out great! Shin's and Reira's relationship is just the cutest thing ever, it's just so innocent and cute. Hopefully no one interferes with their relationship. Really nice episode, I'm hoping this anime gets a happy ending.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jul 28, 2007

388 by AoiHanaBara »»
Apr 20, 5:14 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 41 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - May 29, 2007

86 by mo_lave »»
Apr 19, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cureroyale - Feb 18, 2009

55 by mo_lave »»
Apr 18, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Mar 5, 2007

65 by mo_lave »»
Apr 17, 8:58 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

77 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 16, 6:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.