Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 2, 2017 2:47 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Led_Wayline said:
SenpaiJay98 said:
I still don't get why you saw the Rakuyou arc when you haven't seen the other 10 Serious arcs that all the in together

Anyway, if you want Kagura One Shot Episodes...then watch Episode 111(2nd half),189, and 230

What are you implying?
I think he fucked up and quoted the wrong dude.
Oct 2, 2017 3:31 PM

Jul 2015
DatRandomDude said:
Led_Wayline said:

What are you implying?
I did fam........
Sup...
Oct 2, 2017 4:27 PM

Jul 2015
kikyo1hinamora said:
Hmm ok ep i guess it was 100% comedy
They tried way to hard to be funny at some parts which killed the fun from the past scenes that were actually good and the start of the ep was bad

The op and ed songs are bad

Kagura is cute and great as alwyas

Don't know if i should like the end of the ep or not tho .

3/5 6.5/10
I still don't get why you saw the Rakuyou arc when you haven't seen the other 10 Serious arcs that all the in together

Anyway, if you want Kagura One Shot Episodes...then watch Episode 111(2nd half),189, and 230
Sup...
Oct 2, 2017 4:28 PM

Feb 2008
SenpaiJay98 said:
DatRandomDude said:
I did fam........

Ah, I see. Pardon my sharp tone, I tend to get a bit edgy after midnight.
Oct 2, 2017 5:21 PM

Jun 2009
Man I enjoyed that episode a lot the toast thing was odd but everything is was hilarious, That ending really had me tripping, I had to talk about it lol.
Oct 2, 2017 6:25 PM
Nov 2016
how many episodes are we having for this season?

im hoping they would cover all skipped arcs and then have the final arc later on... i want more episodes of Gintama.. T_T
Oct 2, 2017 6:55 PM
Oct 2015
ah gintama is finally back with the comedy and it still hasnt lost its touch in the slightest. loved the part when they were talking about umibozus filthy balls.
Oct 2, 2017 8:16 PM

Aug 2014
Loving the ending, all the girls dressed up for me.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 2, 2017 8:44 PM

Sep 2014
I wanted them to go back and animate all the skipped comedy arcs.

Watch this season go to #1 after it finishes airing.
Oct 2, 2017 9:03 PM
Oct 2008
Oh thank god they're doing the unadapted comedy arcs, I was bummed out thinking we were in for the manga's current arc.
Oct 2, 2017 9:13 PM

Sep 2009
that opening scene was hilarious. i loved the throwback to the longstanding intro and their conversation on the confusing direction of the series with this season was hilarious.

i was pretty meh on the opening and ending songs especially since i've always loved gintama's openings in the earlier seasons. but that shot suggesting that the excalibur arc would be animated was the most hyped moment for me in this episode.
Oct 2, 2017 9:56 PM

Feb 2013
OP and ED on point.
Especially the visuals in the ed, seeing them all in wedding dresses was too damn amazing.

Nobume <3

Ikumatsu and Mutsu also looking absolutely stunning.

Wish we could have seen Kouka too.
RaydntOct 2, 2017 9:59 PM
Oct 3, 2017 3:10 AM
Dec 2012
It's back.. feels good man. Nice OP & ED, the songs are alright, but the visuals <3

This scene had me in tears.

Oct 3, 2017 3:51 AM

Jan 2013
SUPER GOOD! We lack something like this last season.

Oct 3, 2017 4:33 AM
Nov 2013
GangsterCat said:
oh they are going to adapt everything skipped, nice, it's actually going to be funny season. last season was awful with awful serious arc and the final arc in manga is godawful anyway.

You haven't read it. It's full of some of the best comedy in the series.
Oct 3, 2017 11:31 AM

May 2016
Ah Gintama is back again I'm loving it already great first episode. The opening and endings for Gintama have always been great and this season is no different. Waiting for next week's episode.
Oct 3, 2017 11:53 AM
FMAB is the BEST

Aug 2017
I watched the first 11 Episodes of Gintama and yeah i laughed like 3-4 times through out the 11 episodes but the rest is boring like so boring! Also I hate that girl with the Red Hair she is so god damn annoy iI just want that big ass dog to eat her lol. But the question is does it get better later on in 10-20 episodes because i anit waiting tell episode 50 which some people been telling me thats where it gets really good so yeah. I do love the Openings for every Gintama though
Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
Oct 3, 2017 2:07 PM

Jul 2015
MemberTriggered said:
I watched the first 11 Episodes of Gintama and yeah i laughed like 3-4 times through out the 11 episodes but the rest is boring like so boring! Also I hate that girl with the Red Hair she is so god damn annoy iI just want that big ass dog to eat her lol. But the question is does it get better later on in 10-20 episodes because i anit waiting tell episode 50 which some people been telling me thats where it gets really good so yeah. I do love the Openings for every Gintama though
It depends for everyone, but usually MOST(reason I say most is because there is some people that link the beginning) people start liking it between Episodes 25-61
Sup...
Oct 3, 2017 9:01 PM

Dec 2016
And.... another Gintama season to the top anime chart XD!!!!
My god, what a great series. Anime Gintama has been on a roll since its start back in 2006.

UNSTOPPABLE
Oct 3, 2017 9:07 PM

Dec 2016
MemberTriggered said:

I started liking it after episode 30. Before that I thought it was boring, but everyone suggested me to keep watching, and so I did. It was slowly getting a bit funnier with every chapter though, until, without realizing, I got to a point in which I thought this anime was the funniest shit ever and one of my, if not my favorite anime. That my friend, is what I call: The Gintama Effect.
Oct 4, 2017 3:32 AM

Jun 2015
This is the first time I see Gintoki letting his fatherly side show. It's so cute.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 4, 2017 3:44 AM

Jun 2014
Finally the comedy is back! The serious arcs got very tiresome, both in the anime and in the manga.
Now I'm reminded why I've fallen in love with this series in the first place.
Oct 4, 2017 6:03 AM

Feb 2016
I now thank bandai for not adapting all the comedy arcs to make us rest after all the serious arcs and fightings....it's definitely needed

Gintama is the best...
Oct 4, 2017 6:42 AM

Sep 2011
MemberTriggered said:
I didnt laugh once till episode 20, then after that the show starts to expiriment with itself and while not everything always works there is a genuine sense of effort to expand itself that makes the show very special.

Gintama is pretty infamous for its shitty start, show even makes fun of it a couple times.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 4, 2017 8:25 AM

May 2016
That references at the start. Sasuga Gintama.

That MADAO angel in OP, fucking kek.

Gintoki and Umibouzu daddy act is topclasskek When they pop their head out of the door that was freaking hilarious.

I had a good laugh for this episode. Thanks for coming back Gintama.
CactiiOct 4, 2017 8:37 AM
Oct 4, 2017 12:46 PM

Sep 2017
it is nice having gintama back and more importantly having some comedy arcs after all that went down..
i liked in general..didn't laugh much though. hope it gets better.

the animation..wasn't that fluid?..i mean previous seasons were more fluid..are they saving money? there wasn't a lot of motion..
hope it gets better.
Oct 4, 2017 9:35 PM

Jan 2015
Niveen_Sleem said:
This is the first time I see Gintoki letting his fatherly side show. It's so cute.
You didn't skip the first series, did you?
Oct 5, 2017 12:22 AM

Sep 2017
Did anybody notice the picture on the top of altar where umibuzu is praying? It was kagura's mom :))
Oct 5, 2017 2:23 AM

Jun 2015
Wiziliz said:
Niveen_Sleem said:

of course not. the thing is their relationship was more like siblings but here he is 100% a dad
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 5, 2017 6:41 AM

Sep 2011
Niveen_Sleem said:
Wiziliz said:

of course not. the thing is their relationship was more like siblings but here he is 100% a dad
He's been really dad like ever since the umibozu arc way way back. Shinpachi(and otae) is the one I've always seen as a kind of sibling relationship

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 5, 2017 9:19 AM

Jun 2015
JizzyHitler said:
Niveen_Sleem said:

He's been really dad like ever since the umibozu arc way way back. Shinpachi(and otae) is the one I've always seen as a kind of sibling relationship

It's just my feeling
Oct 5, 2017 11:51 AM

Jul 2016
I WAS SMILING THROUGHOUT THIS ENTIRE EPISODE. IT WAS A GREAT LAUGH AS ALWAYS. AS YOU CAN TELL, I AM EXTREMELY HAPPY THAT GINTAMA IS BACK.

It was so nostalgic, especially since they brought everything about the old series back...I felt like not a single second had passed since the first season.

Although it’s strange that this is before the 5th season’s arc...and kinda sad...
Oct 5, 2017 10:10 PM
Oct 2017
OP and ED are awesome and catchy. I don't know why people are hating it.
Listen it 3-4 times and you will like it.
Oct 6, 2017 12:53 AM

Jan 2015
JizzyHitler said:
Niveen_Sleem said:

Before that even, remember the first episode with the Harusame space pirates? The ending to that was a very dad-like moment for Gintoki.
Oct 7, 2017 3:05 PM

Apr 2011
First episode is shit, I guess we are stuck in the time zone of filler and comedy.
Oct 7, 2017 6:08 PM

Jul 2015
vansonbee said:
First episode is shit, I guess we are stuck in the time zone of filler and comedy.
No Fillers, this is skipped chapters from the manga(the ones they skipped so they can animate Shogun Assassination and Farewell Shinseguemi)
Sup...
Oct 7, 2017 11:32 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the Sakura boyfriend is a "Titan"!!!! xD
Great first episode, with references to One Piece, Dragon Ball, Shingeko no Kyojin, Captain Tsubasa.... and more!!! kekeke
Oct 10, 2017 1:33 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Didn't really enjoy the first episode, but I am still pumped for this season! =)

Loving the opening and ending!

Edit: GG I accidentally watched the 2nd episode first...shoot me.

;) Okay I enjoyed the first episode lol.
MistyBlueOct 15, 2017 12:37 AM
Nov 2, 2017 5:52 AM

Jun 2013
-Stray said:
hassage said:
I like the visuals of the new opening but i don't like the song :/

Yeah both the OP and ED songs were bad by Gintama standards, and I normally like their themes..

Same and here I thought I was the only one. Their previous OP songs were much better, the visuals were funny as hell and entertaining too.

Funny how Umibouzu imagined Kagura becoming a ganguro, fat and marrying another fat, ganguro guy and her baby turning ganguro too and working at a soapland bathhouse LOL

Also, as expected on his way to save his daughter, Umibouzu had enough time to try a new hair spray that adds fibers of hair on his head. Priorities, man.

Kagura's boyfriend turned out to be a giant fat ass baby who wasn't ganguro. He reminds me of Ten from Urusei Yatsura.
臭い-
Dec 22, 2017 12:18 AM

Mar 2016
A slip arc for other anime will make the fans MAD! A slip arc for Gintama will make the fans HAPPY!

The first 5 minute of the episode already broke many copyrights XD
NEW OP and ED is typically amazing (especially the fanservice ED)
My happiness is just too much... I need to watch MOOOORRREEEE!!!

This comment was typed 3 months ago... In another site
Jan 2, 2018 5:16 AM
Mar 2017
I loved the episode! This was a picture I just couldn't resist saving

FairyNyxJan 2, 2018 5:29 AM
Jan 2, 2018 5:30 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It was a horrible face!!! kekeke
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
And then when both were fighting, hilarious again!!!
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
And then when both were fighting, hilarious again!!!
Jan 2, 2018 2:51 PM

May 2012
Sigh another season of this? And even a filler season...? Oh well let's see what it has to offer, but I'm really not expecting anything good at all...
Jan 3, 2018 8:02 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
RafaelDeJongh said:
Sigh another season of this? And even a filler season...? Oh well let's see what it has to offer, but I'm really not expecting anything good at all...
It's an adaptation of almost all the manga chapters that were skipped in Gintama°. This whole season chronologically takes place prior to episode 300 of Gintama (or episode 35 of Gintama°)
Jan 3, 2018 8:11 AM

May 2012
GoldenDevilGamer said:
It's an adaptation of almost all the manga chapters that were skipped in Gintama°. This whole season chronologically takes place prior to episode 300 of Gintama (or episode 35 of Gintama°)

Good to know, but that won't make Gintama any better...
Jan 3, 2018 8:19 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
RafaelDeJongh said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Good to know, but that won't make Gintama any better...
Well, Gintama's ending soon anyways, with the final arc's first episode airing on January 7th. If they air the final arc with no breaks, Gintama's ending in June.
Jan 3, 2018 8:24 AM

May 2012
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Well, Gintama's ending soon anyways, with the final arc's first episode airing on January 7th. If they air the final arc with no breaks, Gintama's ending in June.

That would just be great, finally ending this franchise...
Feb 14, 2018 10:21 AM

Nov 2016
Kagura boyfriend arc ? Nice.

She was so adorable as a kid.

And what's about the end, Shingeki no Kyoujin ? xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 24, 2017

90 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 17, 2017

94 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 10, 2017

55 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 2:23 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Stray - Dec 3, 2017

75 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Nov 26, 2017

51 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.