Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jul 3, 2023 5:46 PM

Apr 2009
Awful ending.

Zero Gundam battles in the end, everything is solved by magic.

The main "villain" (that showed up for the first time like an episode again) I couldn't even tell you what his name was, much less his motivation.
Jul 3, 2023 10:41 PM
Feb 2019
villain even of this practically nonexistent series
Jul 3, 2023 10:51 PM
Feb 2019
O_T_T said:
Really fucking good ending, no other words suffice.

Calibarn-Aerial was exactly what I wanted, and was aghast that we might not get after Eri's apparent departure last episode, but Suletta bringing her back on her own terms was the best way to cement their reformed relationship. Now if only El4n had got into the other keychain, that'd have been perfect.

Completely destroying both Bennerit and Gundams was a perfect way to echo Suletta and Miorine finally coming together, casting away both of their hinderances in one fell swoop as the pair came together, truly excellent. And mirroring their very first meeting, that's just classic.

Bringing everyone from Episode 0 back was touching, but also exactly the sort of call-back I really enjoy. It really brought the whole show back around and put everything that happened into perspective, both for Prospera and the viewer. Sweet montage at the end, too, seeing El5n finally getting a break and the Peil women effectively retired was just great.

And Eri said sister-in-law. That means canon marriage, let's go.

Definitely the best Gundam in years, on par with 00 if not better.
For me this series is way below Gundam 00, Gundam Unicorn, Gundam IBO, Origins, Zeta, Seed and I hope that the next gundam series don't follow the G-Witch path, either good examples just follow 00, IBO, Zeta or Seed.
Jul 4, 2023 12:53 AM
Sep 2017
this is a highly satisfying ending, I would be happy if they never continue this show. I'm glad everything worked out.
Jul 4, 2023 1:12 AM

Apr 2020
I don't think it's the best Gundam show ever like many people say but it's the most beautiful to look at.
Really hope they keep this animation for the next one.
7/10 for both seasons.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jul 4, 2023 3:13 AM

Aug 2015
Wew
Might have to jump back and run through Kyoukai Senki real quick just to get the bad taste out of my mouth
Horrendous
Controversial opinions
Jul 4, 2023 4:05 AM
Jan 2016
I think Witch from Mercury is a good 7/10 series and a good introduction to the franchise for newcomers, but it could have been better if it had at least close to 40 episodes instead of 25 (24 eps plus the prologue) in order develop some plots and characters that went underdeveloped by the end.
Jul 4, 2023 4:44 AM
Jun 2023
hey did it really happen that the fans of the show like coming for the head because of the new seed movie post on gundaminfo if thats true can someone share the link cause idk why i kind of interested to read it wkwkwkwkwk
Jul 4, 2023 5:27 AM

Jul 2016
the show had potential, but it just proves to me no that story telling is dead in the Gundam series  

back in the days people collected figures of Gundams and could care less about characters, now they watch a gundam show for yuri

makes you wonder what the next Gundam series well be about, another Yuri in space? or are they going Yaoi this time around?

6/10 as a final verdict, ya I don't like the pandering endings that base itself on western values over the rest of the world  
Jul 4, 2023 5:50 AM
Apr 2022
deg said:
wedding rings so Miorine and Suletta got married and Eri is now an accessory and the sister in law obviously

Thank you for posting the images, I did not notice the rings while watching it.
Jul 4, 2023 5:52 AM

Jan 2009
MikeMKH said:
deg said:
wedding rings so Miorine and Suletta got married and Eri is now an accessory and the sister in law obviously

Thank you for posting the images, I did not notice the rings while watching it.

no problem and ye its easy to miss
Jul 4, 2023 5:56 AM
Jun 2007
Wow saw "rainbow" when they override control of planetary system cannon.
A "happy" ending indeed with their marriage.
Jul 4, 2023 7:14 AM
Apr 2022
section96 said:
hey did it really happen that the fans of the show like coming for the head because of the new seed movie post on gundaminfo if thats true can someone share the link cause idk why i kind of interested to read it wkwkwkwkwk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIiiUCRhdzs
Literally a seed hate circlejerk. The comments bashing seed to prop up Wfm has so many upvotes. Reddit, a notorious, left wing site, also iterates.
The curtain needed to be close on this show asap since /u/ ripped the gundam fandom apart, and the sales just got so bad after the initial hype. I swear half the gundam fandom probably got perma banned from message boards because of this show. Since it it became a yuri, man hating, liberal debate
DEMSpiritJul 4, 2023 7:30 AM
Jul 4, 2023 7:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Good ending, far from what I expected, but it doesn't always rain to everyone's liking.

Suletta made big decisions, personally and professionally, and luckily, everything turned out perfect or almost perfect with some small changes.

7/10

kekeke
Jul 4, 2023 8:32 AM
May 2019
Even though i hated the last episodes plot wise and how rushed everything suddenly was, i really enjoyed this last episode.
It was a real climax with the all the Gundams joining together and being even able to dissolve technology on a particle level. And the Data Storm being somekind of space heaven/afterlife was also really bittersweet and beautiful to see.
There are still problems on earth but it looks way more positive and improved with people actually helping other people instead of exploiting them. Kinda gave me a realistic vibe, because things can never be just perfect. Life is an everchanging cycle and humanity does often do more harm then good to themselves. So i liked the happy ending that was still not perfect.
And wow, the first Gundam series (for me) where no one dies in the end? Crazy. I mean some characters died along the way but no main person really.
Yeah this ending episode really elevated the anime for me. But i was still hoping for a final kiss between Suletta and Miorine. But it was cute and beautiful nonetheless.
8/10
Looking forward to the next Gundam series
Jul 4, 2023 9:19 AM
Feb 2014
I liked the first season better. Even though this season got serious and felt a bit of a rush I'm glad of the happy ending, even the Char Clone lives.
Jul 4, 2023 12:45 PM
Jun 2014
Beautiful and haapy end for Witch from Mercury
Jul 4, 2023 12:52 PM
Dec 2016
Another lame politically correct ending.
What a letdown
Jul 4, 2023 3:08 PM

Nov 2013
Tank895 said:
IluVG-Dam said:
i think they killed the show BC low Kit sales. 
Hence the Ass Pull Deus ex ending.

i mentioned my resoning in a nother thread, if anyone is interested

I believe it was durning an investors call Bandai said G-Witch Gunpla sales are highest sales of any series. So considering it’s just HG sales that says a lot for the popularity of the series.

In the yearly earnings report for the end of fiscal year 2023, Bandai Namco revealed that the Gundam franchise delivered a record-high of 131.3 billion Yen among the group's major subsidiaries, only being surpassed by Dragon Ball. This article further states that Witch from Mercury sets regularly sold out in Japan and overseas.

https://gizmodo.com/witch-from-mercury-gundam-sales-records-gunpla-lesbians-1850428646
TheBigGuyJul 4, 2023 3:19 PM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 4, 2023 3:18 PM

Nov 2013
Overall, it was a satisfying ending. The looks on the faces of the SA asshole and the Peil Tech women were priceless. Your superweapon is irrelevant when your justification to use it went up in smoke.

Seeing what became of everyone was nice too.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 4, 2023 4:02 PM

Nov 2011
DEMSpirit said:
Sunrise buried this show far faster than I anticipated, now they basically want you to forget about it. I checked gundaminfo's twitter and legit all of it is now reposting seed stuff with really no new g-witch announcements. Guess the yuri shippers probably should have worked a job to pay for the kits which aren't that much to begin with. Now the WfM's fanbase is out for Seed's head as an act of retribution

Spreading a bit of misinformation, as a goof.
Raptors0verlord said:
the show had potential, but it just proves to me no that story telling is dead in the Gundam series  

back in the days people collected figures of Gundams and could care less about characters, now they watch a gundam show for yuri

makes you wonder what the next Gundam series well be about, another Yuri in space? or are they going Yaoi this time around?

6/10 as a final verdict, ya I don't like the pandering endings that base itself on western values over the rest of the world  

Turns out japan also has gay People, Who knew.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jul 4, 2023 4:09 PM

Jul 2016
rederoin said:
DEMSpirit said:
Sunrise buried this show far faster than I anticipated, now they basically want you to forget about it. I checked gundaminfo's twitter and legit all of it is now reposting seed stuff with really no new g-witch announcements. Guess the yuri shippers probably should have worked a job to pay for the kits which aren't that much to begin with. Now the WfM's fanbase is out for Seed's head as an act of retribution

Spreading a bit of misinformation, as a goof.
Raptors0verlord said:

Turns out japan also has gay People, Who knew.
and it also turns out that gay marriage isn't legal in Japan.
Jul 4, 2023 6:49 PM

Mar 2013
thank god its over
Jul 5, 2023 3:10 AM

Dec 2018
For me, likable characters are very important for my enjoyment. In this, most characters behaved like abusive assholes    

But some of the reactions are funny. Two girls that are married and still

"Nooooo they not lesbians" 

Only an angry homophobe would refuse to acknowledge a same-sex marriage as romantic. They even kept their rings so obviously they are gay for each other and want to stay married. And they are canon  

In the end, this anime wasn't for me. I love Yuri but more when it's a romance, or the relationship gets the main focus. This anime was just all over the place and I give it 5/10. And this is extremely generous, and only because this anime has an official lesbian married couple 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Yuri-CrusaderJul 6, 2023 8:07 AM
Jul 5, 2023 4:34 AM

Jul 2016
animegamer245 said:
Raptors0verlord said:
and it also turns out that gay marriage isn't legal in Japan.
Funny thing is according to official polls over 60% of people in Japan support gay marriage, especially younger people. The reason they haven't changed their laws to allow it is because they're a conservative country and don't like affecting their status quo.
it's funnier when it comes out of the horse's mouth: when you yourself state it's mostly younger people who support gay marriage, and most of the others are people who simply failed to have a family of their own and too old to start one so they could care less if Japan no longer existed in the next century which means no more anime for you or anyone else from Japan.

these younger people are ignoring all the things happening in America right now, especially the ones that happen in June, The rest of the world ill needs the degeneracy that is happening in America, and yes all that started coming out after making gay marriage more acceptable.

Jul 5, 2023 5:01 AM

Jul 2016
animegamer245 said:
Raptors0verlord said:
it's funnier when it comes out of the horse's mouth: when you yourself state it's mostly younger people who support gay marriage, and most of the others are people who simply failed to have a family of their own and too old to start one so they could care less if Japan no longer existed in the next century which means no more anime for you or anyone else from Japan.

these younger people are ignoring all the things happening in America right now, especially the ones that happen in June, The rest of the world ill needs the degeneracy that is happening in America, and yes all that started coming out after making gay marriage more acceptable.

Look I'm about as far away from ''woke'' as you can get, but all I'm getting from you statements is that you have something against gay people and you can't stand to see people be suppoetive of it because of '' the degeneracy that is happening in America, and yes all that started coming out after making gay marriage more acceptable.'' All I'm saying is that your delusions about Japan thinking the same things about gay people that countries like China & Russia do are just a delusion when official polls state otherwise. Also what does anime production have to do with anything we're talking about, is that litarally the only thing you care about? You sound like a user from Sankakucomplex.
the fact that you are asking me  what does anime production have to do with anything shows your not paying attention, so no point in arguing with you.
Jul 5, 2023 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
Raptors0verlord said:
animegamer245 said:
Funny thing is according to official polls over 60% of people in Japan support gay marriage, especially younger people. The reason they haven't changed their laws to allow it is because they're a conservative country and don't like affecting their status quo.

Well atleast your honest its just your homophobia about wanting gay japanese people to be in straight relationships so they can have kids.
No wonder you don't see how its possible for a country to have its own gay rights movements without outside influence.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jul 5, 2023 5:37 AM

Jul 2016
rederoin said:
Raptors0verlord said:

Well atleast your honest its just your homophobia about wanting gay japanese people to be in straight relationships so they can have kids.
No wonder you don't see how its possible for a country to have its own gay rights movements without outside influence.
simply putting it : it's no different Then YOU wanting pedos and zoos in a relationship with a human being same age as them, which is something they cannot have but it's what you expect of them too
Jul 5, 2023 5:49 AM

Jan 2013
haha petra became a double amputee lmao!
Jul 5, 2023 6:51 PM

Apr 2010
Man, I can't believe the protag got her gundam "upgrade" 3 episodes before the series ended. I liked this show, but it was too rushed. 

I'll be waiting for Super Robot Wars to fix a lot of this shows issues just like it did with Destiny. 
Jul 5, 2023 8:59 PM
Sep 2011
Really picked up after the first season we get back into classic gundam just epic!
Jul 6, 2023 9:45 PM

Jul 2020
This series had so much wasted potential and is massively overrated. It was a "Gundam-lite" through and through and I bet it will be forgotten and not talked about anymore after this year.
Jul 7, 2023 10:39 AM
Jan 2023
the animu is kinda mid ngl but the final episode was great ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 7, 2023 11:47 AM

Mar 2021
JustAnAnimeList said:
This series had so much wasted potential and is massively overrated. It was a "Gundam-lite" through and through and I bet it will be forgotten and not talked about anymore after this year.

It is already being shoved out as we speak. Look at the twitter and they haven't made any big announcements other than the last batch of hgs. Without a mobage, which I assume isn't even in development people will not have wfm in their daily routine. No movie or ova announcement.
The kits are about to bin fast. The show didn't even run for a full year. Wfm kits are not like zakus, and people will own their aerials very soon
Jul 7, 2023 1:10 PM

Apr 2013
How did Haro end up in this installment of the series?
Jul 8, 2023 6:18 PM

Mar 2015
Beautiful ending. I actually thought there would at least be one casualty in the final episode, most likely Suletta or Miorine, but I'm very glad it didn't turn out to be true. 

Couldn't think off a better ending than this. Though, I would've preferred if we were shown more of Suletta and Miorine as a couple, but this much is also fine. 9/10
Jul 9, 2023 1:19 AM
Oct 2016
I really don't get it, Guel's adventures on earth was the only thing that was written coherent and there was just stream of nonsense after that and now it ended, okay. If they wanted to tell a story that makes no sense - they sure met their goal.
Jul 11, 2023 9:54 AM

Feb 2019
Kiryu-chan said:
O_T_T said:
Really fucking good ending, no other words suffice.

Calibarn-Aerial was exactly what I wanted, and was aghast that we might not get after Eri's apparent departure last episode, but Suletta bringing her back on her own terms was the best way to cement their reformed relationship. Now if only El4n had got into the other keychain, that'd have been perfect.

Completely destroying both Bennerit and Gundams was a perfect way to echo Suletta and Miorine finally coming together, casting away both of their hinderances in one fell swoop as the pair came together, truly excellent. And mirroring their very first meeting, that's just classic.

Bringing everyone from Episode 0 back was touching, but also exactly the sort of call-back I really enjoy. It really brought the whole show back around and put everything that happened into perspective, both for Prospera and the viewer. Sweet montage at the end, too, seeing El5n finally getting a break and the Peil women effectively retired was just great.

And Eri said sister-in-law. That means canon marriage, let's go.

Definitely the best Gundam in years, on par with 00 if not better.
For me this series is way below Gundam 00, Gundam Unicorn, Gundam IBO, Origins, Zeta, Seed and I hope that the next gundam series don't follow the G-Witch path, either good examples just follow 00, IBO, Zeta or Seed.

I really don't see why I needed to be quoted for that.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Jul 11, 2023 10:30 AM

Apr 2012
LegionOne said:
I really don't get it, Guel's adventures on earth was the only thing that was written coherent and there was just stream of nonsense after that and now it ended, okay. If they wanted to tell a story that makes no sense - they sure met their goal.
Because Guel was mainly used as a lure for old fans who needed a developed character they could empathize with.
Jul 11, 2023 7:19 PM
Dec 2021
A master piece <3 thank you so much for this amazing anime series. I hope you both and all live happily <3
Jul 13, 2023 2:32 AM
Sep 2009
I thing the second season was much better than the first but still no where as good as IBO.
Jul 13, 2023 8:30 AM

Aug 2010
That ending felt rushed and anti-climactic. Shame because the buildup to the whole Earth betrayal arc with Suletta's mom was great, but after that everything just went by way too fast without a satisfying payoff. 6/10 overall for S2.
My YouTube channel, where I do unboxings and show off my anime collection, merchandise, and other swag:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TCTriangle
Jul 14, 2023 1:23 AM

Apr 2015
So like did that other Assembly League inspector Lady (Feng Jun) just die or something? We never saw her die on screen but the show just forget she even existed after she got captured. 
Jul 17, 2023 11:44 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
That ending was like... okay... There were honestly some characters that totally felt a little useless, but I'll let it go I guess. I did have a good time overall. The writing style often had me wondering what would happen next and kept me invested, so I'm happy enough with the anime. I even cried a little bit. I hope Gundam keeps pushing forward in a way like this. The changes, even if not even that far from the usual, were welcomed from me. I felt pretty connected to the anime for the most part and I appreciated that. Some things might be questionable, but it's fine.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 18, 2023 12:57 PM
Jan 2014
For me I out this Gundam on no 3 from one's I've watched,

1st is SEED, it's biased as it's my first gundam of which I watched when I was a kid, but that series is just full of memorable moments man, and all the fantastic music, it also have good pacing and lots of rest moments to connect with the characters more, (even tho most lack depth). That's I guess the one thing I missed of modern anime, where they aren't willing to go the long haul like 50 episodes Gundam did...

2nd is IBO, I feel this series is similar to WoM but just more grounded, have better cast and more willing to do anything for the sake of the plot.

3rd WoM, 1st season is just weak sauce for me, ending of part 1 is just too much of a cliffhanger and IMO, I don't connect with any of the characters, season 2 is just so much better for it to redeem itself.

4th 00: just messy, maybe I just need to re-watch it as the first time I watched it was on high school right after I finished SEED, but I stand by that the series feel kinda too edgy, and the 3rd movie sure just make it have worse impression for me.

5th this is because I don't watch the OG gundam probably, but I put both Unicorn and Char's Counterattack on same level, it was a visual spectacle for the time it's aired for sure, but as I have little context so not much impression on me.

6th Endless Waltz, also doesn't watch Wing, but EW is about same quality as 00 movie soo... Wing EW is still my Fav gundam tho.

Also is it just me but Gundam haven't managed to make any memorable cast of Gundam design since Unicorn?
IBO probably have a couple memorable gundams aside from Barbatos like Vidar and Bael, but WoM? Literally nothing other than Aerial is memorable, Llfrit and Pharact are boring, streamlined design, heck even the last standing Calibarn looks boring...
Look at how richly designed Wing, SEED and 00 Gundams are man....
Jul 22, 2023 7:14 AM
Apr 2021
i like the conflict from beginning to the end season, the battle so not bad. but i still don't like sulleta and miorine married

if from the start the main character male or still female but in the end series pair up with the opposite gender maybe is very good series. because i'm straight relationship
Jul 23, 2023 5:43 PM

Jun 2014
Everything seems to have worked out right. I wasn't sure what everyone here meant by them being "married" at first. I didn't even notice the rings on their fingers, so I went back to review the ending, and sure enough, they are married. 

Glad to see that even the original Elan ended up being on the good side at the end. Seeing the spirit of the "feather earrings" Elan was certainly emotional as well, and I believe that Suletta's mother now realizes the error of her ways.

This was a pretty good anime overall. I'm glad that I watched it. :)

Jul 24, 2023 12:53 PM

Jan 2015
good ending, I was hoping for the story to be stretched out tbh. Still a great show
Jul 24, 2023 2:27 PM

Oct 2020
Not a bad ending, but I was hoping Ericht would have more of a life than being an inanimate keyring, seems worse than even being a Gundam which at least has arms and legs. Also, it’s a pity they couldn’t have also brought Sophie back when Elan appeared from the data storm. Other than that, it was good and all of the animation was top notch. 

Jul 24, 2023 9:03 PM
Sep 2018
this last 3 episodes pretty much undone the whole series. I absolutely despise how they ended this story with a wishy washy UwU everyone is happy ending 
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» Disappointed with this

GoshaX - Jul 9, 2023

48 by RobertBobert »»
May 8, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2023

95 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 5, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2023

98 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 5, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2023

93 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 5, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2023

110 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 5, 9:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.