Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Aug 18, 2013 12:00 PM

Jan 2013
Wow as i said,we have a big secret here,but i wasn't expecting this...a second angel???
The plot looks great.
The angel is sooo kawaaiiii :3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 19, 2013 9:15 PM
Jul 2013
I love how the plot is set. First half they reveal Otonashi's past which was obviously gonna be sad then the second half is comedy followed by a cliff hanger to get the story progressing smoothly. job well done
Aug 28, 2013 6:51 PM

Jul 2009
yes amazing episode as always :)

tbh i didn't notice how each episode is actually 26 minutes!!

i wish more anime's are like that!!!

Naoi really looks like Naoto from Persona 4 XD

even similar in terms of attitude and manners!

he really should have gun with him right now!

and wow Naoi has taken a liking towards Otonashi!!

Hinata must be jealous?? :P

i wonder how he got the hypnotism!!

poor Hinata!!

and wow it's such a shame about Otonashi's life.

just as about your gonna bounce back to life, he dies out of nowhere.

do wonder how the train crash like that though.

finally Tenshin joins the team!

she's soo cute attending the garden!

knew Saitou was voiced by Midorikawa, Hikaru :P

Tenshin is badass taking down that whale!!!

btw didn't they show in the first few episodes that there could be more than one Tenshin :P

do wonder if this Tenshin was the first one, then again the Dark Tenshin might be the one that stabbed Otonashi in the first episode.

amazing stuff!! more more!!
Sep 2, 2013 12:56 PM

Aug 2013
woowww nice episode, beautiful memory and also quiete emotional ;) and at the end ,, woow i didn't expect that from Tenshi :S
Oct 14, 2013 3:58 AM

May 2013
omg teary eyes T_T

his sister is so pitiful, i wonder if she will still be alive if she is not out in that cold night?

judging that she has a heart or lung problems because tube from her chest, so cold weather is very sever to her condition... i guess not taking her out will surely kept her alive..

but it is sad to be alive and cant do anything but wait for her onichann in the hospital,.... mayb it was a right decision
Oct 18, 2013 3:45 AM

May 2013
Yay, more TK! (^_^) Chop chop chop chop!

Naoi joins the SSS. By the way, I think he's gay.

Aww, Otonashi's past. (T_T) That was just...

Dat fishing scene. So, Tachibana used Harmonics. This creates a clone.
Yellow-eyed Angel will be called Tachibana, while red-eyed Angel will be called Tenshi.
By the way, Otonashi X Tachibana!!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 7, 2013 1:46 PM

Aug 2013
This episode left me a bit confused... Tenshi beginned looking like the vilain, then she looked like the not-so-much-vilain and seem to be human, and now, it look like she's a freaking robot... Man, I like this anime, but for now, I really can't get a shit of what is happening.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 7, 2013 7:19 PM

Jun 2013
Badass episode.
I cried at Otonashi's past.
And it was funny that Tenshi and Naoi are now their companions.
And I laughed at the part wherein they try to pull the rod and blew up in the sky, then Tenshi rescued them.
And at the last scene.... I think it's Tenshi's clone.
Dec 27, 2013 11:06 AM

Oct 2013
TK is honestly hilarious as hell
Jan 10, 2014 3:42 PM

Apr 2007
FUCKING KEY. When Otonashi said he'd take his sister out on Christmas and walk through the snow I had traumatic flashbacks to Clannad After Story.
Jan 26, 2014 6:00 AM

Dec 2013
Fabrice said:
Finally its about otonashi :_____;
sad man, i was emotional with what happened to his sister D:
Reminds of of that emotional Clannad stuff =/

very good episode... poor hatsune :___; well and Otonashi.

I second this. I hate crying but my taste lies in watching heartbreaking series like Angel Beats! itself. and this episode broke my heart. Hatsune was so cute. That walk through all those lights made me smile but her last words broke my heart </3 sigh
Jan 26, 2014 6:03 AM

Dec 2013
ona said:
FUCKING KEY. When Otonashi said he'd take his sister out on Christmas and walk through the snow I had traumatic flashbacks to Clannad After Story.

IT SOMEHOW REMINDED ME OF THAT SOUL-RIPPING-SADNESS SCENE IN AFTERSTORY TOO. IT MADE ME CRY EVEN MORE. KEY IS A GENIUS JACKbutt
Feb 23, 2014 9:57 AM

Aug 2012
That was a heart-wrenching flashback. Poor Otonashi and his cute lil sister..

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Mar 4, 2014 1:04 PM

Sep 2013
Otanashi's flashback was pretty brutal. we also found out there is more than one angel? things are getting interesting.
Mar 25, 2014 9:35 PM

Jun 2013
I'm currently re-watching AB and now i can see a lot of references to other Key works :) like:

Saitou's seyu is the same who voiced Kyousuke from Little Busters (also other reference to "Mask the Saito", the Kyousuke's disguise on the battle ranks in the VN)

Flashback scene from the memories of Otonashi with his sister (just like Okazaki with Ushio from Clannad)

All the baseball thing is also another reference to Little Busters.

Soon we'll have a reference to Air and Clannad (Episode 10)

"Mission Start" and "Battle Start" is a famous phrase by Kyousuke in LB

There is a lot more but I'm too lazy to remember xD
Apr 12, 2014 1:01 PM

Jul 2011
Tk completes every episode
Apr 25, 2014 7:04 PM

Mar 2014
Another Tenshi... this only means one thing. There's enough Tenshi for everyone! Naw, kidding. But that one ability that was brought up on the computer probably relates to this, and there seemed to be two of her right as she jumped down to cut the fish. But what I really find it odd is why can't she just regroup with it, if she could duplicate herself in the first places? There clearly wasn't more then 1 to start with, so either regrouping is possible, or that was the first time she's ever used it. Maybe the next episode can clear things up.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
May 16, 2014 5:40 PM

May 2013
This is the best episode of Angel beats so far. The first half of this episode was memorable. The revealing of Otonashi's past was emotionally touching. The second half of this episode was funny. The fishing scenes were funny especially Tachibana accidently hooking people.

I like the developments of the SSS now hanging out with Tachibana and serving food to the ordinary students to the possibility of another angel.
Conan_KudoMay 16, 2014 5:52 PM
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Jun 30, 2014 10:03 AM

Dec 2010
Naoi and Otonoashi's relationship is a killer :D

Woot, I didn't see Otonashi's past coming. I expected it to be something a bit sad, but this was just horrible.
Jul 8, 2014 9:12 PM

Nov 2011
I enjoyed Ontonashi's backstory. It sounds like it would take a lot to make him disappear. Right when he was getting his life back together, it was stolen from him.

I dislike Naoi's joining of the group, though. The God jokes are getting old.

Did anyone notice Tenshi's split just before she sliced the fish? I caught a glimpse of it, so when the other version of her appeared it wasn't too shocking. I wonder how this will work out, though. Perhaps this version of her is only concerned with maintaining order?

Annnd, we're calling "our" Tenshi Kanade now. That was cute.

Good episode.

Edit:
Forgetfulness said:
More Tachibana c:
Her superhuman strength is amazing, although the "getting caught onto a tiny hook" thing was kinda ridiculous.
She probably could have soloed that fish if she wanted to

She definitely could have soloed. She pulled everyone else in the air when she jumped!
Jul 15, 2014 8:55 PM

Aug 2012
Great episode!! finally get to see Otonashi's past- very depressing T.T and the fishing scene was the best :) when Kanade hooked Takeyama (whom I can't stand) and flung him XDD made me laugh so hard

Holy crap the ending!!!
Aug 2, 2014 7:31 PM

Nov 2012
Had a feeling she died when he took her out during Christmas.

Pretty tragic.
VanishingKiraAug 2, 2014 7:40 PM
Aug 26, 2014 7:03 PM

Feb 2013
Otonashi's sister! Her condition was already getting worse when he took her out... though it doesn't say it, it seems that she died soon after that... so sad.
Sep 23, 2014 8:44 PM

Jan 2014
This show is just so awesome. Even when it's sad, it's just so awesome. I love the mixture of serious and joke moments.
Oct 19, 2014 1:31 PM

Dec 2009
So there is two Kanades? What the fuck! And of course the SSS gets two more members who are crazy.

The flashback was pretty sad, didn't expect Otonashi's flashback to begin halfway in the series, expected it at the end. I wonder how he will be able to move on if he can never fulfill his dreams of being a doctor.
Nov 8, 2014 11:38 AM

Jun 2008
I feel really bad for Otonashi, just when he found his purpose in life he dies. Dang, I'm really loving this series so far. It has the right mix of humor and slice of life, that is really impactful.
HEY!
Jan 10, 2015 10:09 PM

Aug 2014
So we finally learn of Otanashi's past. Sucks to finally get motivation to do something with your life to then die in an accident...

Plot finally seems to be moving forward. We got 2 Tenshis?!
May 31, 2015 2:10 PM

Jul 2013
The clothes pin thing was hilarious.

Naoi joined them and hynotised Otonashi and his life before was so sad. His poor sister had Cancer ;_________________________; Then she died and then he died in a train crash ;____________________________________;

That's so sad.

The catching the fish and chopping it up was really funny.

But the end, wtf. I thought Kanade was nice now and was with Otonashi so did she make 2 of herself again and one attacked Yurippe? awwww. I was just starting to like her a lot. I thought she was just misunderstood, now it seems she may be evil still after all and Yurippe may have been right all along.
Jul 30, 2015 3:59 PM

Jul 2015
Great episode. Got to learn about Otonashi's past, which was an okay backstory, if not as amazing as Yuri's and Iwasawa's, or even Naoi's.

I also really liked how Otonashi is getting close to Kanade. But what about that ending?? Maybe she's not human after all, but created by the world/purgatory that they live in to perform the function of maintaining order? When Kanade stopped doing her job, the world simply created another? I have no clue... It's all just so weird and confusing. lol -- 4/5
Oct 23, 2015 10:43 AM

May 2015
I'm sorry but I just can't believe that anyone would be stupid enough to sneak their DYING little sister out of the hospital after the doctors - trained medical professionals - said it would be bad for her.

It's also stupid that they have such a huge thing as bringing back his memories and instead of dedicating the episode to that they have this big, drama-filled first half only to have some comedic relief, non-plot-related scene about fishing.

While I'm enjoying the show and the overall idea for a plot, there's just too many plot holes and stupid explanations here for me. I'll continue to watch but as of now I'm going to have to give this show a 7/10. I hope it doesn't get any worse and make me have to bring it down to a 6/10.

Dat ending, though. Might explain their hatred for Kanade. Whatever bad things they experienced with her might have been the work of this double.
SuranaOct 23, 2015 10:50 AM
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Nov 29, 2015 11:47 AM

May 2013
Lol I bet Naoi "swings that way" ;] You've got competition, Hinata lololololllll ;DD
Dec 1, 2015 7:22 AM

Jan 2012
tenchi guys btw now that i remember her name Yuri act exactly like Haruhi Suzumiya.

Dec 4, 2015 1:40 AM

Nov 2015
This was a superb episode
Otonashi's memory made me cry.Oh!his poor sister.... Did she die too.
Perhaps that second angel is the real angel.
Exited for the next episode!
Dec 17, 2015 5:12 PM

Dec 2013
T.K's "Crazy for you" made me laugh so hard

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jul 17, 2016 10:32 AM
Jul 2009
Well I guess it's monster for breakfast, lunch and dinner for quite a while. Maybe they'll convince the NPCs to trade them their meal tickets for some fish.
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Jul 29, 2016 11:12 AM

May 2015
aw otonashi's memory </3 much tears
Aug 6, 2016 3:34 PM
Feb 2016
WTF just happened at the end? Twins? Just when everything was falling into place, they hit us with more mystery :D

I'm loving Angel Beats so far. I can see what people mean when they say this shows all over the place, except in this case, it's genuinely funny and they pull it off effortlessly.

Every episode is really fun, with a new theme and better character development.

Namratanikki said:
This was a superb episode
Otonashi's memory made me cry.Oh!his poor sister.... Did she die too.
Perhaps that second angel is the real angel.
Exited for the next episode!

It was probably the least emotional history !!
Aug 13, 2016 3:30 AM

Aug 2016
So glad i could hear nagisa through hatsune
Aug 29, 2016 7:08 PM
Jul 2018
Well, thought Naoi had disappeared last episode. One more for the team I guess.
Otonashi's memory was harsh, damn D:
Liked the way they let Tenshi in for the fishing trip, that was cool.
Otonashi and Tenshi look freaking cute together *.*
Wow, plot twist at the end. Hyped for the next episode XD
Jan 30, 2017 4:47 PM

Sep 2016
great backstory to otonashi, and oh no no i still believe in kanade i know someone set her up my chica needs justice
Facta Non Verba
Feb 15, 2017 8:07 AM

May 2016
For the first time I liked this episode, yet the jokes are not funny seriously.
RaizelFeb 13, 2022 9:42 AM
May 20, 2017 3:04 AM

Aug 2007
Probably my favorite episode since the first couple ones!
Learning Otonashi's past was a big plus, along with the whole more-than-one-Angel bit.

Aug 16, 2017 4:25 AM

Mar 2015
His past is rather meh, it's the "my sister is sick and I want to make her happy" kind of cliche. I think Yurippe's past was darker, with her siblings being killed and whatnot.

Also lol, I find it funny that they'd accept Naoi that massacred them just a night ago, but they won't accept Tachibana that has been very calm these past few days. Although it's understandable that she killed them so many times.

Sep 29, 2017 11:48 PM

Sep 2013
2 Tenshis? Wiggity-What now?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 12, 2017 1:33 PM

Feb 2012
Did they catch a Hisan-Iwo?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 22, 2018 3:46 PM

Mar 2016
Well as long as Naoi respect Yuzuru Otonashi, it's alright... Yuzuru's backstory is pretty emotional, but it could've been better. His hair looks awesome though!

Nice! Yuzuru kinda convinces the SSS members to accept Kanade! And now at this point, Yuzuru is close enough that a Yuzuru X Kanade ship is perfect! Right now Kanade is no longer the main enemy. If she is, and if she chooses to act physically towards the SSS members, they're all fucked. She's powerful af compared to the others! Speaking of an enemy, an evil version of Kanade?! A clone from one of her skills we saw earlier?!
ShadowkillZMar 22, 2018 3:50 PM
Jan 3, 2019 10:55 PM

Jun 2015
woah okay TWO angels i see..
Jan 31, 2019 5:39 PM
Apr 2016
Damn definitely new best episode, so far. You know who's past was really interesting, really emo-ish though. Interesting ending though.
Sep 4, 2019 1:33 PM

Oct 2013
Who would've thought about it... Naoi and Kanade are their allies. xD

Another Tenshi appeared!

I'm wondering... why Otonashi did not disappear? His memories returned and he achieved something that was out of his reach during his times before death: true friendship and finding a purpose in life.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1754 by juleskwi »»
May 27, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 2, 2010

677 by copypasterCPS »»
May 13, 11:31 AM

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.