Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 12, 2022 2:32 AM
Apr 2021
Which anime traumatized you ? Or 🦆uck you up ?

For me ,

I am Genuinely Depressed & Traumatized After Watching Redo of Healer ..., Shiki , Midori. ....

So what traumatized you the most ??

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 12, 2022 2:50 AM
Jul 2021
And then ppl ask why the world went to shit?! You saw Redo, you traumatized yourself, deal with it and move on.

This gen is actually everything ppl say about them, getting traumatized because of some random anime, that by the way wasn't that hard core or anything like that.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Oct 12, 2022 2:58 AM

Feb 2020
Maybe not traumatized, but Ginga Nagareboshi Gin was hella scary when I was a kid.
Oct 12, 2022 3:00 AM
Apr 2021
Dawizz said:
And then ppl ask why the world went to shit?! You saw Redo, you traumatized yourself, deal with it and move on.

This gen is actually everything ppl say about them, getting traumatized because of some random anime, that by the way wasn't that hard core or anything like that.

i know , i was young and stupid as shit !!!!

i was a fool and i am trying to move on !!!

i was a fool !!
Oct 12, 2022 3:01 AM
Apr 2021
Dawizz said:

Midori traumatized me more , than redo ....
Oct 12, 2022 3:17 AM

Jul 2015
Symphogear 5 episode 2 easily. Still lives rent free in my head.
I became shocked of the display of inexcusable evil and later frustrated by how sorry excuse of a protagonist just let it slide and villain not only wasn't punished, but hailed as some sort of a hero.
Fuck this Yellow Thing.

Oct 12, 2022 3:29 AM

May 2022
Jevasamy said:

For me ,

I am Genuinely Depressed & Traumatized After Watching Redo of Healer ..., Shiki , Midori. ....

Death Note at that time lol. Well actually I saw Ryuk scene in youtube or smth and it jumpscared me. From that moment I decided not to watch Death Note because of fking Ryuk. His design character had scared me at that time :(. But later after 3 years something I decided to watch it and glad to done so because it's a great anime. His visual character design might be scary (Imagine a real life of it standing behind you :o) but his personality ain't at all so my trauma kinda gone.
Oct 12, 2022 3:31 AM

Oct 2018
Tokyo Revengers, it probably has the worst script that I have seen in my life.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Oct 12, 2022 3:39 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Demon slayer...
I mean if my kid end up with daddy issues like rengoku or a siscon like wanjiro or a pigheaded bum, or a ntr cuck like uzui, I would lose my mind too and Bankai, I mean moon breathing form to slay those fools

Oct 12, 2022 3:41 AM
Apr 2021
Phosphophyllita said:
Tokyo Revengers, it probably has the worst script that I have seen in my life.

It is ....

i loath it too

The manga is getting worst too ....
I find the whole plot to be fuckin weird too.

25+ age protagonist enters his middle school self, but never acts like an mature adult.

Parents never really complain their kid who got beaten so so bad.

We have these middle schoolers, aged 12-14, who can do so much shit in the city for some reason.

And why are Middle schoolers Riding bikes, can kill, R@p€ , hurt innocents. come barging into schools, disturb classes , get pointlessly beat up , destory stuff , bunking class ....

The entire gang are dumb kids who idolized the fantasy of gang life, not because they thought much about violence and they didn't really "get it" until they were already trapped by it.

wtf are the adults doing in this show ?

what are parents'doing ??
Oct 12, 2022 11:54 AM

Dec 2015
Bleach and it was back than when the main villain of Arrancar Saga when I was a kid so didn't even knew when I could spoil myself, so it was like with Betrayal in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, when you experience it before it went viral so you're traumatised till the end of your life.
Oct 12, 2022 12:11 PM

Aug 2017
Watching Devil man cry baby got me effed up.

The ending especially. It felt like what was even the point of watching it?

Oct 12, 2022 3:45 PM

May 2021
Jevasamy said:

For me ,

Redo... Of... Healer
That is the definition of a traumatizing anime

I've watched other anime which deal with similar issues as Redo, things like Banana Fish and Rainbow, but i wouldn't call them traumatizing (at least not as much as Redo) since they deal with theses subjects in a much less tatstless way without showing every gruesome detail

I wouldn't call Shiki traumatizing since it's just a classic splatter horror, though a very good one imo

Haven't watched Midori

Dawizz said:

Dude, did we watche the same show??

ryo-san said:
Demon slayer...
I mean if my kid end up with daddy issues like rengoku or a siscon like wanjiro or a pigheaded bum, or a ntr cuck like uzui, I would lose my mind too and Bankai, I mean moon breathing form to slay those fools

How is Uzui a cuck? Uzui's the one surrounded by women, not the one sharing a woman ???
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Oct 12, 2022 4:05 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
DigiCat said:
Jevasamy said:

For me ,

Redo... Of... Healer

I've watched other anime which deal with similar issues as Redo, things like Banana Fish and Rainbow, but i wouldn't call them traumatizing (at least not as much as Redo) since they deal with theses subjects in a much less tatstless way without showing every gruesome detail

I wouldn't call Shiki traumatizing since it's just a classic splatter horror, though a very good one imo

Haven't watched Midori

Dawizz said:

ryo-san said:
Demon slayer...

How is Uzui a cuck? Uzui's the one surrounded by women, not the one sharing a woman ???

He sent his wives to work in the brothel . Jesus may be more of a pimp
ryo-sanOct 12, 2022 4:11 PM

Oct 12, 2022 4:23 PM

May 2019
The Elfen Lied really scarred me bad.
Oct 12, 2022 4:31 PM

May 2020
The devilman crybaby ending traumatized me a little. In a way its extra traumatizing cause it's right at the end so there's absolutely no hope of anything getting better or processing what the hell just happened. Ended up just staring at a wall for a solid 10 minutes.
Oct 12, 2022 4:33 PM

Jul 2021
Ok so there is this anime called Gungrave its the only anime that left one hell of an impact on me

When I was at the last episodes I cried so much, like the tears wouldn't stop flowing, I just kept crying continuously, then I started having headaches and I literally had to take some meds.

It truly is one hell of a hard hitting anime
Oct 12, 2022 4:44 PM

May 2021
ryo-san said:
DigiCat said:

Redo... Of... Healer

Haven't watched Midori

He sent them to the brothels undercover to look for a fucking demon
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Oct 12, 2022 4:47 PM

Sep 2014
I'm still traumatized by every dubs I've heard about.
KryzakamiHrybamiOct 12, 2022 4:50 PM
Oct 12, 2022 5:01 PM

Nov 2019
it had to be Aoi Bungaku's version of Osamu Dazai's Ningen Shikkaku, really hit me like a fucking truck and never got to watch anime for two days. I had already finished Sora Yori Tooi Bashi before then, and Aoi Bungaku added salt into it. Pretty unfortunate the show had inconsistencies after that arc but that in particular and Spider's Thread/Hell's Screen sticked with me the most.
Oct 12, 2022 5:28 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
DigiCat said:
ryo-san said:

He sent them to the brothels undercover to look for a fucking demon

And It was such a traumatic experience that it traumatized me

Oct 12, 2022 5:45 PM

Jan 2012
I watched School Days when I was 11, so the final episodes really traumatized me for years, but eventually I was able to go back and officially watch/finish it.
It definitely was a shock at the time though xD

Oct 12, 2022 5:56 PM

Oct 2013
I only saw a clip of it, but Tokyo Tribe 2. The scat scene in Euphoria also left quite an impression.

"The kindest person in the room is often the smartest."
All failures of the individual are the failure of society to provide the means by which they could have achieved success.
Oct 12, 2022 5:57 PM

Feb 2015
None in particular, one or the other that seemed strange to me, nothing more
Feb 21, 2023 9:21 PM

Mar 2021
End of Evangelion story itself is kind of traumatic, especially the Asuka scene and the scene where the gunman disappears.

Also, for some reason, the scene in "Nadia of the Mysterious Sea" where Nadia's brother had a cable plugged into something like an electrical outlet and it was working, but then the cable was pulled out was also horrifying to watch.

Feb 21, 2023 11:49 PM

Dec 2020
It was Kimi no Nawa for me. I realized that I would never have anything even remotely close to what happens in that movie.

Feb 22, 2023 5:06 PM
Dec 2021
I didn’t even watch it, but it took forever to recover after hearing about what happened in Dawn Fall.
Feb 22, 2023 5:24 PM
Sep 2015
The first time I watched Evangelion and Elfen Lied marked me. 

Those two come to me if I think a little. 
Feb 22, 2023 5:27 PM

Sep 2020
Not an anime but…

Metamorphosis left me a mess for days and changed my perspective on a lot of things. I was really confused on the ending at first, but then I found out and cried. Man, what a tough but great read.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2023 6:20 AM

Feb 2018

i do not get misty-eyed easily,

-i've been party to far too much serious business in my life to be that openly sensitive-

- but CLANNAD's "Fuko" and "Ushio" arcs were about as close as anything has ever come to forcing me to honestly break down...
Feb 23, 2023 6:34 AM
Nov 2019
sao , demon slayer , konosuba , is this a zombie  . . . there probably are more but i can't remember.

based on the definitely scientific research of taking different iterations of the same IQ test, i legit got dumber after watching each of them. (after konosuba it almost went into the negatives!!! i didn't even know that was possible!) im almost back to double digits now. no need to worry.
Feb 23, 2023 7:00 AM

Jun 2017
DigiCat said:
Jevasamy said:

For me ,

Redo... Of... Healer

Haven't watched Midori

Dawizz said:

ryo-san said:
Demon slayer...

I found Redo of Healer pretty funny. It's garbage but it was a guilty pleasure.
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Feb 23, 2023 7:39 AM

Feb 2019
MzzK said:
it had to be Aoi Bungaku's version of Osamu Dazai's Ningen Shikkaku, really hit me like a fucking truck and never got to watch anime for two days. I had already finished Sora Yori Tooi Bashi before then, and Aoi Bungaku added salt into it. Pretty unfortunate the show had inconsistencies after that arc but that in particular and Spider's Thread/Hell's Screen sticked with me the most.
Same. Although I needed more than two days to recover from what I witnessed in that anime. 

Feb 23, 2023 7:48 AM

Oct 2010
listening to an 80 year old woman screaming and speaking like she has a knife in her neck for 130 episodes gave me trauma
Feb 23, 2023 7:51 AM

Dec 2021
One piece traumatized me that I put it on hold, then dropped it, then put it on hold, then dropped it again, then put it on hold for the last time. Speaking of that, it is time.
Rosa Umineko Drip

The Witch of Badassery.
Feb 23, 2023 8:35 AM

Oct 2022
The torture scenes on Redo were bad when happening to the MC.. but the rest of it seemed to pull its punches. Phantom, Requiem for Phantom was pretty bad. Wish I had never watched it.

There were scenes in Shangri-La that were actually really sad and awful and emotionally disrupting. I regretted watching that. Michiko & Hatchin was some fucked up shit. I couldn't finish that either.
Megalobox had some really cruel, sad traumatizing shit. The overall mood of it wasn't pleasant. I think I mostly finished it but won't rewatch it even though it was really good. 

There are also some anime that did things that were beyond the pale with violence that I didn't agree with. Gate has the modern Japanese army using overwhelming force against a society with medieval technology, and gleefully mowing them down without a care, by the tens of thousands. 'Their fault for not surrendering quickly enough', seem to be the justification. Sort of like America in Vietnam but on an even bigger scale. I watched the whole anime with more sympathy for the empire than for the JSDA. 
Feb 23, 2023 9:25 AM

Sep 2008
Naroomaki said:

to experience a classic in a new coat?
unfortunately the point of the story was not explained.
there's a parallel between god's behavior and satan's actions.
god is punishing him for his betrayal, by making him experience the same things firsthand.
I have no idea why that dialogue was cut from the anime and why it was full of pass the baton scenes.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/8889/Majo_demo_Steady
this is mine. it was so bad I almost stopped watching anime entirely. it's a fever dream.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Feb 23, 2023 9:46 AM

Jan 2020
Perfect Blue, the 1st season of Higurashi, Paprika, Utena and Rainbow.
Ah, and 75% of Avant-Garde shorts.
nyugvo6 said:

this is mine. it was so bad I almost stopped watching anime entirely. it's a fever dream.
You are NEVER the same person after you watch Majo demo Steady.
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Feb 23, 2023 9:51 AM

Sep 2008
eblf2013 said:
Perfect Blue, the 1st season of Higurashi, Paprika, Utena and Rainbow.
Ah, and 75% of Avant-Garde shorts.
nyugvo6 said:

You are NEVER the same person after you watch Majo demo Steady.

watched it in 2015 or so and I still haven't gotten over it. I was completely fine after cat soup and other things, but this one left such a bad taste in my mouth I seriously wanted to quit the hobby for months.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Feb 23, 2023 9:58 AM

Jun 2017
kushakashi said:
sao , demon slayer , konosuba , is this a zombie  . . . there probably are more but i can't remember.

based on the definitely scientific research of taking different iterations of the same IQ test, i legit got dumber after watching each of them. (after konosuba it almost went into the negatives!!! i didn't even know that was possible!) im almost back to double digits now. no need to worry.
And you just put Demon Slayer S3 into your ptw list, nice.
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Feb 23, 2023 10:09 AM
May 2021
I can't say I was traumatized by anime, but there is one anime that I've shown friends and family and it messed them up and that was:

Choujin Densetsu Urotsukidouji

aka

Feb 23, 2023 10:15 AM
May 2021
nyugvo6 said:
Naroomaki said:

god is punishing him for his betrayal, by making him experience the same things firsthand.
I have no idea why that dialogue was cut from the anime and why it was full of pass the baton scenes.

Sounds like a recommendation, it is rated at 4.86, so why not, got nothing better at the moment to do :D
Feb 23, 2023 10:20 AM

Sep 2008
Slimsith said:
nyugvo6 said:

Sounds like a recommendation, it is rated at 4.86, so why not, got nothing better at the moment to do :D

don't say I didn't warn you. expect things to happen without rhyme or reason.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Feb 23, 2023 10:31 AM

Jul 2019
Serafos said:
Maybe not traumatized, but Ginga Nagareboshi Gin was hella scary when I was a kid.
I am forever scared of that bear with the harpoons on his back. Shit scared me more than Akakabuto
Feb 23, 2023 10:35 AM

Apr 2021
The way Yu Yu Hakusho portrayed the death of a character really freaked me out. I never saw anything like it ever before. 
Feb 23, 2023 10:49 AM

Sep 2020
Yu Yu Hakusho really traumatised me as a kid. Honestly, I had so many freaking nightmares about that. But I was around 10 years old when I watched that, and it was always before bedtime, so it makes sense.
"I'll Take a Potato Chip and EAT IT"
Feb 23, 2023 11:07 AM

Apr 2021
Jellybeanx said:
Yu Yu Hakusho really traumatised me as a kid. Honestly, I had so many freaking nightmares about that. But I was around 10 years old when I watched that, and it was always before bedtime, so it makes sense.
cool to see I'm not the only one. Are there any parts or scenes in particular that really got to you? 

Maybe this...?
Feb 23, 2023 11:36 AM

Aug 2009
Probably Bondage Game, but I don't remember reacting to that as strongly as I did compared to watching A Serbian Film.

Feb 23, 2023 11:37 AM
May 2021
nyugvo6 said:
Slimsith said:

don't say I didn't warn you. expect things to happen without rhyme or reason.
I thought it was okay.
When Asami was in the gay bar and asked if was a human zoo, that had me rolling.
Anyway, the story is about him basically getting laid, by Asami which happens at the very end, thus his comment on being joined with her during the credits.
I've seen far worse than that, it was fun like Urusei Yatsura.

You should check out  Choujin Densetsu Urotsukidouji.

If you get past the first 1st episode, then you'd be among the few who do.
Feb 23, 2023 11:38 AM

Jul 2021
traumatized is too strong a word to describe something someone might get after watching anime. depressed or extremely scared is as far as one can go is how i feel.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Could you survive in the world of your favorite anime?

Spunkert - 40 minutes ago

8 by Tirinchas »»
4 minutes ago

» Why do you think about Orihime from Bleach?

isolated-otaku - Yesterday

30 by Rndmguypassingby »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime fans ,how do u feel about slice of life anime???

Animystics - Yesterday

39 by Rndmguypassingby »»
10 minutes ago

» Which is the correct anime consumption posture?

SgtBateMan - Yesterday

19 by Rndmguypassingby »»
13 minutes ago

» Who here has a more Unconventional first ever anime?

TheBlockernator - Yesterday

35 by Hitotsuhan »»
55 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.