Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (24) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 »
Dec 13, 2015 12:41 PM

Aug 2009
Oh, yeah, you're right, Mugi, there was that news on new developments and the project "moving forward", as ANN put it. But I just don't want to get my hopes up yet.
Dec 13, 2015 12:55 PM

Jun 2015
mugi said:

The anime is still in the works apparently since Abe said they got a new director but Kineta wanted to wait for some more concrete info to add it to the DB again.
Yep I read that news a few months ago. Well, it'd be a nice thing if it finally happens. It just reminds me of Kon's Dreaming Machine
Dec 16, 2015 5:52 AM

Nov 2013
Just finished cringing after trying to get past Seraph of the End's second episode, could anyone recommend me something? The ratings aren't necessarily correct right now, I'll get proper ones up once I'm back home.
Dec 16, 2015 7:16 AM

Aug 2009
^ Hetalia: The Beautiful World and Hetalia: The World Twinkle.
Dec 16, 2015 2:02 PM

May 2013
Apocalypse Zero. Everyone should watch that.

Dec 20, 2015 11:33 PM

Nov 2013
metamorphius said:
^ Hetalia: The Beautiful World and Hetalia: The World Twinkle.
pls no
Dec 24, 2015 4:19 AM

Jun 2012
crossfire2 said:
Just finished cringing after trying to get past Seraph of the End's second episode, could anyone recommend me something? The ratings aren't necessarily correct right now, I'll get proper ones up once I'm back home.
Ghost Hound

I need some anime that's not about teenagers, hard to come across these days..
♬♪♫
RateYourMusic
LastFM
♬♪♫
Dec 29, 2015 3:09 AM
Jan 2015
Someone give me a recommendation pls?
Dec 29, 2015 6:57 AM

Feb 2008
Here, pick one you haven't seen. https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3912/15229802082_bebf3a6032_o.png

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 29, 2015 10:42 AM

Dec 2007
ZetaZaku said:
Here, pick one you haven't seen. https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3912/15229802082_bebf3a6032_o.png

If you're in mood for Shoujo go for Princess Tutu.

If you're in mood for Robots and Space go for Ryvius (I watched this one because of this list)

If you're in mood for something diferent go for Utena

Hope it works.
Jan 9, 2016 4:07 PM

Aug 2012
Looking for something good to read.
Jan 9, 2016 7:24 PM

Aug 2009
FrancWyvern said:
Looking for something good to read.

Your taste seem to be kinda similar to mine, so let's say...

(first looking at your ptr list)
Blame
Eden
Kingdom
Planetes
Ran to Hairo no Sekai

(others)
Space Brothers
Lone Wolf & Cub
Buddha (Osamu Tezuka's)
Akira
Ashita no Joe
Otoyomegatari
Jan 30, 2016 3:39 AM

Jan 2016
What do you think about my list I am a new member but fairly know anime and maybe recommend some anime to me
Jan 30, 2016 12:49 PM

Jan 2015
@3baad2 Clearly your still in your weeb faze. And please read the rules of the thead before posting.

Battlechili said:
Amberleh:

This thread is now about recommending shows to other users based on their lists should they ask.

THIS IS NOT A LIST CRITIQUE THREAD. Any post asking for their list to be critiqued will be deleted.

Thank you =)
Jan 31, 2016 6:02 PM

Apr 2013
3baad2 said:
What do you think about my list I am a new member but fairly know anime and maybe recommend some anime to me
I don't normally say this, but you should watch anything on my list rated an 8, 9 or a 10.

That, or just check out the enlightenment list which is in the enlightenment camp.
JodyqtJan 31, 2016 6:05 PM
Feb 1, 2016 3:15 AM

Jan 2016
Jodyqt said:
3baad2 said:
I don't normally say this, but you should watch anything on my list rated an 8, 9 or a 10.

That, or just check out the enlightenment list which is in the enlightenment camp.
thanks
Apr 12, 2016 4:17 AM

Sep 2011
I'm in need of some recs. You can rec manga too if it's easier.
Apr 12, 2016 6:54 AM

Feb 2008
Anime:
Ie Naki Ko - God hates kids the game. A tragic story of overcoming trials on the way to adulthood. And I really recommend the original over the '96 show, since the visual direction alone makes it more worthwhile.
Les Miserables: Shoujo Cosette - Ironically, maybe the best adaptation of the classic novel. It had some slight changes introduced, but overall, it's the same story of Dark Cinderella Everything Goes Wrong with less Christian propaganda.
Black Jack (1993): You're probably familiar with the franchise, but if you're not, Black Jack is basically a surgeon Batman. Some stories are handled like magical realism, others are in the vein of gritty seinen.
I suppose you're not too into the idol "genre", but if you want to experiment a bit, I recommend Mahou no Stage Fancy Lala and Full Moon wo Sagashite. They are better than they look, I promise.
Gin no Saji - It might look like a throwaway show from the post-2010 period, but seeing that you liked Moyashimon, you should give Silver Spoon a chance too.
Maria-sama ga Miteru - Come for the yuri, stay for the friendship. Despite it's apparent reputation, Marimite is a franchise that barely even qualifies as girls love. Seeing that you watched Onii-sama e, it covers similar ground of the sorority problem. The only difference here is that it serves to alleviate pressure from the life outside of school.
You should give Gungrave a second chance, it develops into an interesting crime thriller.

Manga:
Kaijuu no Kodomo - A beautiful story about life in the sea and life itself. Also, a prime example of how a picture can tell a better tale and is worth more than a thousand words.
Gekiga Hyouryuu - Autobiographical account of Yoshihiro Tatsumi, one of the people that coined the term gekiga. Might not sound as much, but it was a movement that essentially changed the face of manga to something more than being comics for kids. A lot of prominent manga authors make an appearance, even Osamu Tezuka.
My Girl - The way Usagi Drop should've been if it had more integrity. Great child rearing story, great characters.
Sakai no Musume: Cat in the Car - Liked Kino no Tabi? Well, Kino switched to being a mailman and got a cat companion. Short and fun.
Adolf ni Tsugu - Tezuka's irony at it's finest. I'd recommend Buddha as well, but Adolf is slightly more polished and concise. Aside it from it being an engaging story about two three youths in the tragic events of WWII, Tezuka humane portrayal of Hitler compared to the usual nazi boogieman fare is almost unprecedented.

I'll add other things later if I remember something interesting. Great lists by the way, you've seen and read nearly anything I'd recommend. You might try experimenting with more mecha, and if you end up enjoying Ie Naki Ko and Les Miserables, check out the World Masterpiece Theater shows.

Apr 12, 2016 12:48 PM

Jun 2015
corwin_r said:
I suppose you're not too into the idol "genre", but if you want to experiment a bit, I recommend Mahou no Stage Fancy Lala and Full Moon wo Sagashite. They are better than they look, I promise.
Except that they do look great. The former has Akemi Takada's designs after all.:)
Apr 22, 2016 1:22 PM
Mar 2013
Does someone have a series similar with Mutsu Enmei Ryuu Gaiden: Shura no Toki and Rurouni Kenshin,pls?Thx.
Apr 29, 2016 2:08 AM
Mar 2016
Can someone recommend me anime that I might like?
Apr 29, 2016 4:30 AM

Feb 2008
ThatCrazyElitist said:

Master Keaton for Monster
Oniisama e... for Rose of Versailles
Natsume for Mushishi
Osomatsu for Gintama

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 29, 2016 4:56 AM
Mar 2016
ZetaZaku said:
ThatCrazyElitist said:

Master Keaton for Monster
Oniisama e... for Rose of Versailles
Natsume for Mushishi
Osomatsu for Gintama

Thank you very much for the recommendations !
May 6, 2016 1:01 PM
Mar 2014
So i'm going to have alot of free time this week and i'm looking for some anime to marathon, i've been looking for quite a while actually with no succes so i tought some recommendations would be helpfull.
May 7, 2016 1:05 AM

Jun 2015
Mushishi
Berserk
Jojo Bizzare
Ergo proxy
Texhnolyze
Shigurui
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2016 7:49 AM

Apr 2012
Something that has a touch of despair to it? Something along the lines of bokurano, narutaru shadow star, here and there now and then?
May 25, 2016 2:32 AM
Apr 2012
Recommend me a half decent manga.
Preferable requirements -
Story should be evenly paced
Over arching philosophical themes aren't necessary
Should be completed.
Has depth of character.
I don't mind Gore or Bewbs but they should accentuate the story
Aug 11, 2016 8:58 AM

Apr 2014
Any recommendations please?
Aug 11, 2016 5:10 PM

Oct 2011
Might want to give War in the Pocket a shot. Also Yamato 2199 seems to be up your alley. Mushishi, Mawaru Penguindrum, Mirai Shounen Conan, Fuujin Monogatari and Kaiba would also round out your list pretty well for some quality.

Also, in 11 days cancel your Amazon Prime account.
Aug 13, 2016 9:04 AM

Mar 2013
can someone recommend me a couple 1-cour shows?
AudioTsunamiAug 13, 2016 4:22 PM
Aug 14, 2016 9:20 PM

Jul 2009
Recommendations for anime based on my 10's? Enlighten this casual, please!

Also what should I watch first from my Plan to Watch? You can also suggest removals, but I'm balancing out my list with good and bad stuff so I'll only consider removing them if they're irredeemably bad.
Aug 14, 2016 10:13 PM

May 2012
AudioTsunami said:
can someone recommend me a couple 1-cour shows?

Binbougami ga!
Gakkougurashi!
Sora no Woto
Usagi Drop <-- This in particular, since you seem to really like Josei.

And from your plan to watch:

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Kuchuu Buranko
Serial Experiments Lain
Tsuritama

CheekyKunt said:
Recommendations for anime based on my 10's? Enlighten this casual, please!

Also what should I watch first from my Plan to Watch? You can also suggest removals, but I'm balancing out my list with good and bad stuff so I'll only consider removing them if they're irredeemably bad.

Paradise Kiss - same author as Nana
Nodame Cantabile - music themed Josei like Nana
Haibane Renmei and Sora no Woto - I'm told they have a similar sort of atmosphere to Aria, though I haven't seen Aria so it might not be an accurate rec
Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku - 13 episodes of pure suffering, similar to Grave of the Fireflies
Gankutsuou - High on the recommendation list for Monster, really good futuristic retelling of the Count of Monte Cristo

And for your PTW, prioritise Gunbuster since it's early Gainax and therefore a good rec for Gurren Lagann, I've also heard a LOT of praise for Shouwa Genroku from other club members though again I haven't seen it myself. I also highly recommend both Utena and Penguindrum, though they are pretty trippy and not for everyone they are definitely shows that you should watch.
Aug 14, 2016 10:26 PM

Jul 2009
Thanks a lot! I'll get around to seeing those soon!
Aug 29, 2016 11:37 AM

Jun 2015
Ducat_Revel said:
Lordwen said:
I haven't read any manga yet tbh, based on my anime list what do you think I could start with, given the occasion?

Aaaah~ What a nice question.

Vinland Saga, Vagabond, Hoshi no Samidare, Otoyemegatari, Onanie Master Kurosawa, and Subarashii Seikai are all good manga to start with.

Later on, if the feel to read really grows on you, check out Planetes, Ran and the Ashen World, 20th Century Boys, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Kakukaku Shikajika, Oyasumi Punpun, Solanin, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, Homonculus, Eden: It's an Endless World, Children of the Sea, Blame!, and Akira. From then on, it'll really be up to you searching around for the things you gravitate to.

I'd also suggest reading A Drifting Life later on to get a glimpse of the history of manga. Tezuka works like Adolf and Buddha are good too.
Looking back at this and considering I've taken some weird turns before actually starting, I've ended up gravitating towards some of those without even realizing it.
To put it briefly, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou was the first title I read more than a volume of, Stop!! Hibari-kun! the first +1 volume long one I finished, and Kare Kano in terms of +10 volumes (21 in this case). Kakukaku Shikajika from those you mentioned is simply amazing.

I'm quite hooked up by now.

Thanks for the intention dear Ducat, at the very least :P
UnowenAug 29, 2016 11:40 AM
Sep 8, 2016 6:36 PM

Oct 2012
Well, I'm 9 manga away from finishing the MAL 2016 manga challenge and I just need recommendations for a few of the final requirements. If anyone has any recommendations, please make sure that it's a finished work that's fully scanned and available online. As much as I'd love to, I can't read stuff like Summit of the Gods (fuck off, Nid.)

1.) 4-koma manga
2.) Manga with a non-romantic relationship focus
3.) Manga with a non-human main character
4.) Shoujo manga
5.) Manga adapted from a video game, original anime, or LN

Any recommendations would be highly appreciated. :D
Sep 8, 2016 8:43 PM

May 2012
4koma - Azumanga Daioh
Non-romantic - Kamisama ga Uso wo Tsuku

If you don't mind ultra generic crap, I have plenty of short shoujo manga on my list. And of course the obligatory edgy survival games :D
Sep 9, 2016 8:19 AM

Oct 2012
Rarity said:
4koma - Azumanga Daioh
Non-romantic - Kamisama ga Uso wo Tsuku

If you don't mind ultra generic crap, I have plenty of short shoujo manga on my list. And of course the obligatory edgy survival games :D

I don't mind ultra generic as long as it's short. And, while I'd love more edgy survival game manga, I'm afraid I no longer have a place to put them in the list. Same goes to all the ecchi garbage Zeru keeps giving me. I'd still read it though but it just won't help the cause.
Sep 9, 2016 9:09 AM

Aug 2009
1.) 4-koma manga - if you are not too much into 4 koma as a format, you might like something I finished the other day. It has the 4 koma format, but with actual progression of the story and no gag manga stuff (which I usually find tiresome when I try to read it in one go - most 4 koma manga just seem best suited in little doses in, say, daily newspapers)
2.) Manga with a non-romantic relationship focus - If you haven't read it already, My Girl is pretty decent, especially in the first half. It does get a bit underwhelming later on, but I still found it good enough overall.
Sep 9, 2016 1:19 PM

Aug 2011
Ducat_Revel said:

2.) Manga with a non-romantic relationship focus
3.) Manga with a non-human main character
5.) Manga adapted from a video game, original anime, or LN

2.) Lone Wolf and Cub. Relation: father-son. And don't use excuses like "It's too long"!
3.) Stargazing Dog
5.) Live on bread and water for two and a half months and buy Gundam the Origin. But more seriously, good luck finding something worthwhile for this category.
StrawSep 9, 2016 1:46 PM
Sep 14, 2016 10:17 AM

Dec 2013
So I recently finished Annarasumanara and i thought it was pretty good so now i'm searching for some good Manhwa, any recs?

Sep 18, 2016 3:25 PM

Jan 2012
I'm looking for something worthy to read and watch.
neonstripedzebraSep 18, 2016 3:41 PM
Sep 18, 2016 5:44 PM

Oct 2012
>5.) Live on bread and water for two and a half months and buy Gundam the Origin

I went to a book fair recently and found a couple volumes of this. Looked at the price, laughed, then moved on. RIP any chance of completing this series.
Sep 27, 2016 11:21 PM

Mar 2010
You can buy Gundam Origin used on amazon for like half the price or less each volume. Shipping might kill ya though if you buy them all at once.
Sep 17, 2020 10:01 AM

Oct 2018
may i get a couple of reccs pls?
Sep 23, 2020 8:57 PM

Mar 2009
Nordaviento said:
may i get a couple of reccs pls?

You're better off posting in the club comments. Our threads aren't super active. I'll tag you in there and see if we can get you some recommendations.
Jun 27, 2021 11:22 PM
Jun 2015
Hi guys! Can you guys give me some anime recommendations based on my list please?
Jul 8, 2021 1:02 PM
Oct 2020
can somebody judge my list, and possibly give me some recommendations based on my favorites, thanks
Jul 8, 2021 7:36 PM

Oct 2011
ota0 said:
can somebody judge my list, and possibly give me some recommendations based on my favorites, thanks

I'm not sure what to say at all about your list. You've barely seen anything, and you like pretty much everything you watch. You watch mostly the most popular series. Just find something popular.
Jul 16, 2021 1:00 PM

Oct 2020
Can someone give me some recommendations based on my list? I haven’t watched a lot of anime because my account is new, but I still have a couple completed.
Jul 31, 2021 9:52 PM

Mar 2009
EasygoingEgoist said:
Can someone give me some recommendations based on my list? I haven’t watched a lot of anime because my account is new, but I still have a couple completed.

Since you mention you like psychological stuff:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/486/Kino_no_Tabi__The_Beautiful_World
https://myanimelist.net/anime/437/Perfect_Blue
https://myanimelist.net/anime/339/Serial_Experiments_Lain
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion
https://myanimelist.net/anime/19/Monster

For Kino no Tabi, I'm specifically recommending the original anime and its OVAs. I do not recommend the more recent series. Kino is my main rec, though. Hope you enjoy it.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (24) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM

» Spring 2023 Overview

Deago - Mar 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.