Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 12, 2016 8:18 PM
Aug 2007
JD2411 said:
nice conclusion to the arc. I liked all of the subtle references to future events and the timeline was a really nice touch. Could be my memory but I believe they left a few somewhat important details out relating to Mavis. Overall quite solid though. Animation could have been a tad nicer but we can't have everything.

I've been waiting to see the next episode animated for ages, pretty hyped for it.

They definitely left out some important details that I hope they touch on sooner rather than later

bkim999 said:
The producers didn't really think throughly with the three guys (Drake, Hiroshi, and Rala). In this episode, it implies they were in the guild, when Yury, Warrod, and Precht left. Judging by their appearance, they were quite old (like around Yury's, Warrod's, and Precht's age) and that would mean they be super old (like Warrod old) in the current timeline.

But they obviously look way younger or the same in current timeline. What a HUGE ANIME ERROR!

Maybe it's not an error, though? Those three guys at the end weren't named. You're making an assumption based on their appearances. It's just as likely those could be the 3 Treasure Hunters' grandparents. That's how I interpreted it anyway...
Mar 12, 2016 9:48 PM

Jan 2011
Really enjoyed this little side trip origin story. It was very interesting and made Mavis an even better character. Looking forward to what is in store status post a year of disbandment.
Mar 12, 2016 10:50 PM

Apr 2010
It's been fun watching Zero and the many expressions of Precht.

I hope Ice Trail or the spinoffs with Rogue, Sting, and Gajeel get adapted eventually.
Mar 13, 2016 5:10 AM
Oct 2013
bkim999 said:
The producers didn't really think throughly with the three guys (Drake, Hiroshi, and Rala). In this episode, it implies they were in the guild, when Yury, Warrod, and Precht left. Judging by their appearance, they were quite old (like around Yury's, Warrod's, and Precht's age) and that would mean they be super old (like Warrod old) in the current timeline.

But they obviously look way younger or the same in current timeline. What a HUGE ANIME ERROR!
They were given different names than those three in the Sun Village arc. Probably grandparents...
Mar 13, 2016 5:26 AM
Feb 2014
so will new episodes still come weekly or?
Mar 13, 2016 6:33 AM
Feb 2014
chaosflame5 said:
starting from zero to A
That felt like she treats Zera like nothing in her life lol

Tevens said:

and i just realize the word "O" in Fairy tail Zero, it wasn't "O" but it was 0 LOL XD

although in conclusion it was an A xD

ilovewendy16 said:
foreshadowing in the opening, but it was still really sad.

you mean the 0 disappearing on 0:26 or the A at 1:20? had to rewatch the OP to catch it I'm curious what's the idea/symbol behind the footsteps and 0 at 0:30? anyone got a clue?

Possible Major spoiler better not open if these words don't ring a bell "big gemstone" "heart" "cave - spy - fall" "secret"

I'm also curious how did Mavis modify the magic so thankfully other users don't stay in their childish corpses.
Mar 13, 2016 9:05 AM

Jul 2013
Great episode. I felt sad for Zera's "demise" (bye bye HanaKana in FT T_T), but her disspearance is what created FT after all. Precht scary face was funny xD So was the random appearance of those past relatives of the Treasure Hunters of Tartaros arc.

The ending with the chronology of the series to the current time was too fast paced for me, but it was heartwarning (I miss Gildarts). Next time we start the Jobbers Avatar arc.

Xylga said:
Are they going to continue fairy tail zero later?

That is explained later in an arc of the main story. Probably one of the most powerful moments of the series.
Mar 13, 2016 10:07 AM

Jun 2015
Now my favorite arc is gonna be animated!!
FIRE DRAGON KING MODE!
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Mar 13, 2016 10:09 AM

Jun 2013
bkim999 said:

Can't they be the fathers of those 3? I mean who cares about them anyway.
Mar 13, 2016 10:15 AM

Jan 2015
@projectfear22

Almost spoiled myself, I was too curious... But the 2. warning made me turn back, thanks :D
Mar 13, 2016 10:40 AM
Feb 2014
Yeah a lot of people who put the spoiler tags don't even care to mention what the spoiler is about and when they do put the spoiler tags they straight up get to the point so you instantly spoil the info for yourself. I mean they should at least mention if it's a major spoiler and what's it about if not putting 2 spoiler tags.
Mar 13, 2016 12:34 PM

Aug 2014
Finally we've managed to see the 100th episode from the new FT!!!
Hope we'll have much more episodes like all the past ones... ^.^

I love the timeline they have done to explicit more precisely all the main events of the Guild!
So FT has been dissolved and now Lucy has a new job, let's find out what story comes after this fantastic one! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Mar 13, 2016 12:37 PM
Oct 2014
Vince said:
JD2411 said:
nice conclusion to the arc. I liked all of the subtle references to future events and the timeline was a really nice touch. Could be my memory but I believe they left a few somewhat important details out relating to Mavis. Overall quite solid though. Animation could have been a tad nicer but we can't have everything.

I've been waiting to see the next episode animated for ages, pretty hyped for it.

They definitely left out some important details that I hope they touch on sooner rather than later

bkim999 said:

Maybe it's not an error, though? Those three guys at the end weren't named. You're making an assumption based on their appearances. It's just as likely those could be the 3 Treasure Hunters' grandparents. That's how I interpreted it anyway...

True. Still, the similarities seem so uncanny (speech, appearance, and everything) that I initially find it hard to believe. It isn't like with Silver and Gray (they are father and son and they don't look like twins; or Yuri and Makarov)
Mar 13, 2016 1:11 PM
Aug 2007
bkim999 said:
Vince said:

True. Still, the similarities seem so uncanny (speech, appearance, and everything) that I initially find it hard to believe. It isn't like with Silver and Gray (they are father and son and they don't look like twins; or Yuri and Makarov)

Yeah, but the difference there was that Silver and the Dreyars are actually relevant characters that get developed. These guys weren't. They were just a fun little Easter Egg that were thrown in. So to make sure people got the reference, they made them look exactly the same.
VinceMar 13, 2016 2:02 PM
Mar 13, 2016 1:56 PM

Mar 2014
awesome ending to fairy tail zero but what happened to current fairy tail i thought they were just gonna go and train for a bit I didnt know that they disbanded
Mar 13, 2016 5:56 PM

Apr 2009
Kind of a weak arc with a really strong finish. Very emotional goodbye with Zera, it was very sweet. Also a lot of fun to see all the references to the future like the founder of Phantom Lord and the fathers of those treasure hunters.

I'm excited to see Natsu back at the GMG.
Mar 13, 2016 9:50 PM

Apr 2014
So It was going good untill the whole "sniper, hammer, sword" guys at synth labrynth... I mean they are obviously supposed to be the ancestors of the team at the sun village.. But come on, this was 105 years earlier that would make these "creatively" named individuals their great great great grandparents at least, do you look anything like your great great great grandparents!? Just an argument for the sake of realism, also it looks like the boat was nearly identical to the one natsu uses 105 years later, which is good parallelism sure but you're telling me they didn't advance at all in 105 years!?
~Xind
Mar 14, 2016 3:15 AM

Mar 2011
Perhaps my fave arc of the anime so far, will be missed.

Curious how Mavis died though, as she did not age and Precht lived for so long. how old was he o.o? Warrod too... and then those treasure hunters who i guess didn't age ? xD

They didn't touch on the secret under the guild, that weapon, but i suppose that's for a later arc.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Mar 14, 2016 4:26 AM

Dec 2014
so much meaning behind the name of the guild as "Fairy Tail"..the real meaning of the insignia was always something that had moved me ever since I started watching this show and now again a concrete reason is shown...

even the title ZERO with the "O" crossed and then later faded and finally replaced with "A" to reveal the name ZERA...
didn't saw that coming even though it was always shown and mentioned openly...

fairy tail is starting off again from Lucy's point of view...exactly how fairy tail started with their first episode...now feelings aside I am looking forward to all the character's development(especially in terms of fighting).
BeguniMar 14, 2016 4:30 AM

Mar 14, 2016 5:37 AM

Aug 2015
Natsu's back. Some other stuff happened but that's really all I wanted.
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
Mar 14, 2016 8:33 AM

Jan 2015
Janeel said:
so much meaning behind the name of the guild as "Fairy Tail"..the real meaning of the insignia was always something that had moved me ever since I started watching this show and now again a concrete reason is shown...

even the title ZERO with the "O" crossed and then later faded and finally replaced with "A" to reveal the name ZERA...
didn't saw that coming even though it was always shown and mentioned openly...

fairy tail is starting off again from Lucy's point of view...exactly how fairy tail started with their first episode...now feelings aside I am looking forward to all the character's development(especially in terms of fighting).

Well Natsu looks strong for sure.... :D
Mar 14, 2016 12:09 PM

Apr 2010
Yuri died just 4 years after his son, Makarov, was born? ;_;
Mar 14, 2016 1:32 PM
May 2013
OMG!!! The feels in the first half of this episode!!!
Mar 17, 2016 9:58 AM

Dec 2009
Icedout15 said:
awesome ending to fairy tail zero but what happened to current fairy tail i thought they were just gonna go and train for a bit I didnt know that they disbanded

Didn't know? Makarov said he was disbanding the guild at the end of episode 90 which was the end of the Tartaros arc.
Mar 17, 2016 12:15 PM

Mar 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Icedout15 said:

Didn't know? Makarov said he was disbanding the guild at the end of episode 90 which was the end of the Tartaros arc.
Wow how did I miss that I need to rewatch that
Mar 21, 2016 8:31 PM

Dec 2012
And that was it. Zera was finally acknowledged. No more Zera booty shots. lol I'm sure she would have been a babe as an adult.

Damn. Mavis died with the quickness. Yuri, too.

Did Lucy's oppai get slightly bigger? or is it just me? lol
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 23, 2016 12:09 PM

Feb 2015
Another awesome episode. That first half was so incredibly sad. Many hugs to Mavis. :'(
Mar 24, 2016 8:35 AM
Nov 2010
The story of Mavis had me quite interested. Its characters were the main reason for it, pretty nicely done. I'm wondering what's gonna be up now, though.
Mar 24, 2016 2:38 PM

Aug 2009
Does anyone know where I canr ead the post zero manga? to see what happends after fairy tail zero? I want to know how mavis dies o-o
Mar 25, 2016 5:06 AM
Oct 2013
xDreww said:
Does anyone know where I canr ead the post zero manga? to see what happends after fairy tail zero? I want to know how mavis dies o-o
Chapters 448-451 of the main manga, but it's really a spoiler for the story, including what Lumen Histoire really is, so I'd either wait or just read all of the manga that the anime hasn't adapted yet.
Mar 25, 2016 6:26 AM

May 2010
That was beautifully adapted. Zera's disappearance is a emotional scene, I liked her character. Oh well, she's always in Mavis' heart so that's reassuring even though hese are just words. Bad thing is, she'll never appear again. Sigh.

And yea, It was actually "Fairy Tail: ZERA" wasn't it? That's thought-provoking.

Long-haired Lucy next episode, and I'm hyped!
Mar 26, 2016 1:58 AM

Apr 2013
Really really really loved this flashback arc as a whole! Fairy Tail Zero was amazing and definitely love the interactions between the characters and it was great learning how Fairy Tail came to be and how the guild was formed ~ Mavis!!

Was nice how Mavis finally acknowledged that Zera is gone and now always in her heart. Love the title drop behind Fairy Tail 'Zera' and also the explanation of the guild's name Fairy Tail. lol phantom lord >>

A very nice ending with some history too. and damn Precht. Gonna miss this trio + Mavis.
Apr 8, 2016 8:52 PM

Jan 2013
The first half of the episode was heartbreaking, my eyes never stopped tearing...
I will repeat this again, this arc was probably one of the best arcs of FT! Will never forget this.
Great ending, still it was sad knowing that Yuri and Mavis died :(
After watching FTZ i still have no clue why Precht started learning dark magic and left the guild and created a new guild..a bad one.
So happy to know that FTZ ended with Mavis dream being fulfilled <3
Actually, i noticed that in the previous episode in the half of the episode it said "Fairy Tail Zer", and only now i got it "Fairy Tail ZerA/O"...
Zera will always stay in our hearts <3

[/quote]

<3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 9, 2016 1:03 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
It was nice seeing a timeline of the guild...though there were a lot of tragic events during those times.
Apr 10, 2016 2:33 PM

Apr 2012
Wish Zera were real and the grand mother of Cana.. That would be cool :P
Apr 15, 2016 10:06 AM
Apr 2013
this flash back is really awesome , i enjoyed it more than anything else that happened in fairy tail , and mavis is really awesome ^^
Apr 15, 2016 7:34 PM
Sep 2012
You think Miko is still alive in the present day. If we get a 3rd anime, I want to see an old lady that runs a bakery.
Apr 16, 2016 4:59 AM
Oct 2013
blfan said:
You think Miko is still alive in the present day. If we get a 3rd anime, I want to see an old lady that runs a bakery.
Definitely not... She'd be like 115 years old and I don't think people that aren't mages get that old in the world of FT
Apr 30, 2016 11:15 AM

Apr 2013
What a great episode to end Fairy Tail Zero. The feels were all over the place ;_;
May 18, 2016 11:25 AM

Apr 2011
Precht's smile was...LOL

It's nice to see how FT guild was established in anime.

That abrupt and fast flow of events in the end though...It was quite difficult to absorb them all in one watch, so I had to re-watch it haha.
anyway, the ending is nice~

May 28, 2016 11:11 PM
Jun 2015
I was wearing a full face of special-occasion makeup while watching this episode.
Of course, I had to redo my makeup.
Jul 9, 2016 10:33 AM

Jan 2014
OMG WAY TOO MUCH HAPPENED ALL AT ONCE OMG
I'm gonna miss fairy tail zero ;-;
Jul 10, 2016 2:21 PM
Jan 2015
One of the most touching episodes , I cried :'(
Jul 28, 2016 12:04 PM

Apr 2014
really nice arc, dem feels T_T

Aug 13, 2016 5:08 PM

Jul 2010
Zera, it was obvious from the start but I still cried.

If you didn't notice, in the title graphic, the "0" character in the text "ZER0" got slimmer and last 2 episodes it was invisible so the title read "ZER". In the last episode it was read "ZERA".

Hades seems the most reliable of the trio. I wonder why he has gone Dark magic. And Warrod left the guild at the same time, probably connected somehow. Also Mavis and Yuri died so young, wtf. I hope there is a sequel to this. Overall, my favorite FT arc.
Aug 25, 2016 9:56 AM

Jun 2015
The saddest part was the arc ending :(
Aug 25, 2016 11:37 AM

Jan 2012
Mavis vermillon is a good master

Sep 17, 2016 9:20 PM

Feb 2010
Zero was a nice arc, despite some people saying it was a slow and boring filler.

On another note. Mavis's VA though.. Even when she is crying, her voice sounds so soothing ;;l

Sep 20, 2016 7:38 PM

Jan 2016
oooh ;-; :D What an incredible Episode! Best one!Flashack with Mavis and Zera, Mavis accepts it all and Mavis is moving forward, To me go to the Beginning of Fairy tail! As we are set, Got a sweet Timelog as well at the end :3

Now it time to flip out and Go wild (four) Net episode is gonna be Crazy EPIC, as fairy tail have been disbanded and its time for Another Grand Mage game!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Sep 25, 2016 1:32 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The birth of Fairy Tail!!!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 102 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

177 by wildhood »»
May 19, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

100 by wildhood »»
May 2, 7:58 PM

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.