Forum Settings
Forums

Time is nonrefundable, so use it wiselyโ—

New
Jun 28, 2022 1:29 PM

Mar 2022
๐—ง๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ป๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ณ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฒ, ๐˜€๐—ผ ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜†โ—
๐—ช๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜„ ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ฝ๐˜ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐˜๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฒโ“ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ถ๐˜๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜โ“

ๆ˜ฅ้›จใ‚„ใ€€ใ‚‚ใฎใŒใŸใ‚Šใ‚†ใใ€€่“‘ใจๅ‚˜
Jun 28, 2022 1:33 PM

Jan 2009
science says time is an illusion created by entropy aka the arrow of time

the laws of the universe can exist good even without time so maybe we are all immortal or timeless in some other dimension
Jun 28, 2022 2:32 PM
Jul 2018
Woe! This post is amazing! I don't have time to post my thoughts right now other than this is a 10/10 perfect thread.

You're the girl. I hope you're not offended.

Jun 28, 2022 2:43 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Thinking about how to use my time feels like a waste of time so I rather just do what I want and live in the moment.

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Jun 28, 2022 2:47 PM

Mar 2022
deg said:

the laws of the universe can exist good even without time so maybe we are all immortal or timeless in some other dimension
EXACTLY this is also my opinion on time itself, however I dont know that I can imagine a dimension full of immortals like us

_Lycka_ said:
Woe! This post is amazing! I don't have time to post my thoughts right now other than this is a 10/10 perfect thread.

Im totally not offended ๐Ÿค— share what u think when u get a chance
nightjasmineJun 29, 2022 12:21 PM

Jun 28, 2022 2:51 PM

Sep 2017
The same thing as Einstein... and Kurisu ;p

Time depends on your perspective.

It can be slow or fast, depending on who is experiencing it and how...

...thus a romantic notion !

;p

Edit :

@mwinner

You're getting older too friend, your clock is starting to move faster ;)

Edit 2 :

I get you... but I kinda disagree ;p

MoonspeakJun 28, 2022 3:08 PM
Jun 28, 2022 2:54 PM
Jul 2018
Time has been moving too fast lately.

@Moonspeak sadly...I wish days like right now would last forever. Alas.
removed-userJun 28, 2022 3:06 PM
Jun 28, 2022 3:40 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
cannot free your mind From the eyes of time..?

Jun 28, 2022 3:43 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
_Lycka_ said:

I eat oranges during such turbulent times...it has vitamin c that acts as an energy booster.. and it's good for skin...

Jun 28, 2022 3:52 PM
Jul 2018
Moonspeak said:
The same thing as Einstein... and Kurisu ;p

Time depends on your perspective.

It can be slow or fast, depending on who is experiencing it and how...

Nice, can relate. I feel like speed and use of time is relative to what’s happening in the moment.

I’ll also add that it kinda feels like it goes faster as I get older though. Sometimes I’m shocked how fast a week or month goes by :’).

Love your threads by the way, zenviolet <3
removed-userJun 28, 2022 4:04 PM
Jun 28, 2022 3:57 PM

Apr 2014
I'm not getting any younger so this hits a bit too close to home
Jun 28, 2022 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
ryo-san said:
_Lycka_ said:

I eat oranges during such turbulent times...it has vitamin c that acts as an energy booster.. and it's good for skin...

Did you use oranges on purpose because you read my profile and saw I don't like them?

Because it worked.

Jun 28, 2022 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
Elifi said:
Time is a dimension and one way only. Depending on your perspective it can be many things c:. On a day to day basis I'm following this saying: “If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.”

That's an interesting quote. I'll have to keep it in mind.

deg said:

Not sure why I'd never heard of the arrow of time before but I agree with that. I disagree with time being an illusion though. We can see its effect and measure it with clocks and calendars.

I also believe time is the 4th dimension.
Jun 28, 2022 6:36 PM
Jul 2018
I would say using time to indulge in what we are passionate about, and what gives us the most peace, but at the same not getting to the point of obsession where we have a difficult time letting go of it when life ends. the problem with getting too obsessed with anything material is that time constantly tells us that one day it will all be taken from us. Like the Bell of Gion. So my perception on time and my philosophy on time is always to make little tweaks regarding my own level of obsessions, so that I do not have a difficult time with passing on.
Jun 28, 2022 6:46 PM

Jun 2022
I believe time is infinite. Until a bunch of black holes swallow the universe(s) in like a trillion trillion years or whatever and we go to true nothingness. Which maybe is still something?

I don't know. Makes my head hurt. But it doesn't really matter, because it will only be meaningful for as long as there are conscious beings to perceive it. And that wasn't the case for a very long time and won't be the case for a very long time after we're gone.
Jun 28, 2022 7:20 PM

Jun 2022
i dread the endless "work, go home, consume, rest, work, occasonal vacation time". it just seems so meaningless. i want to accomplish things, learn stuff, etc.
Jun 28, 2022 7:28 PM

Oct 2017
Caring about using your time always wisely is a good way to stress yourself out to no end. Doing so can actually hinder your ability to accomplish anything. There is a balance excessive procrastination is something I have done and you need to check that but the opposite is just as bad. As for what time is IDK that is a philosophical question really all that matters is what I perceive so it's just a count down to when I likely will stop perceiving this reality. And so what whatever. I will just enjoy the time I do have. There isn't a check list.

Elifi said:
Time is a dimension and one way only. Depending on your perspective it can be many things c:. On a day to day basis I'm following this saying: “If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.”

Yeah good life advice and something I still struggle with.
Jun 28, 2022 7:32 PM
Jul 2018
deg said:

That makes me optimistic. I want to continue to exist.
Jun 28, 2022 8:06 PM
ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚

Apr 2013
Time is money. Optimizing one's time to create the maximum amount of fulfillment possible is very important.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Jun 28, 2022 9:08 PM
Jul 2018
StarfireDragon said:
Time is money. Optimizing one's time to create the maximum amount of fulfillment possible is very important.

I've tried to live like that before. I failed miserably every time. Apparently I don't have any drive - or maybe the driver is the problem? o.o
Jun 29, 2022 2:27 AM
ร‰milia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
deg said:

Time is not an illusion because some changes are qualitative and not quantitative. Quantum observation is a proof.

Jun 29, 2022 4:32 AM
Jul 2018
@deg I was thinking about what you wrote and also reasoning why time is thought to be an illusion (admittedly it was only about 5 min of searching) and this topic also reminded me of this:

I think you're right on us having immortality in another dimension and I believe that dimension is the 4th dimension of time.

Hear me out (and sorry for the wall of potentially incoherent ranting- the kids woke me up early enough that they could go back to sleep but it wouldn't be beneficial to me to try for myself so I'm pretty tired)

So we're 3 dimensional creatures existing in and experiencing a fraction of the 4th dimension, right? So 4th dimensional creatures are probably us but every moment of our lives all at the same time existing in the 5th dimension, maybe also including every potential choice we could have made (using past tense because in the time dimension there probably isn't "past" and "future" because it all just "is")

You picking up what I'm throwing down?

I think you've made a post about this before asking whether we really have control of our choices or if there is an unchangeable fate we're all destined to fulfill. What if the answer is both? That there's a higher dimension with all possible choices and outcomes. So, we may choose the path we experience in our 3rd dimensional body but our 4th or 5th dimensional body is experiencing every outcome?

Edit: Does MAL not allow spoilers within spoilers?
removed-userJun 29, 2022 4:36 AM
Jun 29, 2022 9:34 AM

Jan 2009
@_Lycka_

that is an interesting thought you got and who knows there is also the idea of the universe being a hologram (like the holographic principle) so if true then we are all 2D actually and are just projected in 3D and a hologram means we are just like a simulation in this 3D place but who knows what we actually are in 2D space

if you know string theory then you know there are higher dimensions up to 11 dimensions though and the higher the dimension the higher the freedom it gives so youre right to think that 4th dimensional beings have more experiences or freedom to go not just forward in time (like the arrow of time says) but maybe backwards in time too

maybe gods are just higher dimensional beings if they exist and maybe those gods are just us in higher dimensions and heaven and hell are just different dimensions maybe higher level dimensions
Jun 30, 2022 12:55 PM
ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚

Apr 2013
-Kokomi- said:
StarfireDragon said:

I've tried to live like that before. I failed miserably every time. Apparently I don't have any drive - or maybe the driver is the problem? o.o

You don't need to be perfect at it. Just create a rough guideline, and follow it the best you can. It's helped me, since I tend to just flail around aimlessly if I make no plan at all.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Jun 30, 2022 4:41 PM
Jul 2018
StarfireDragon said:
-Kokomi- said:

You don't need to be perfect at it. Just create a rough guideline, and follow it the best you can. It's helped me, since I tend to just flail around aimlessly if I make no plan at all.

Rough guideline. Got it. I'll work on it.
Jun 30, 2022 8:01 PM
ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚

Apr 2013
-Kokomi- said:
StarfireDragon said:

Hope it helps. Even just writing it out is a good first step. There's always the day after.

Jun 30, 2022 8:11 PM
Jul 2018
StarfireDragon said:
-Kokomi- said:

Hope it helps. Even just writing it out is a good first step. There's always the day after.

This is actually the specific point of issue for me. It's coincidental that you mentioned it, or your intuition is divinely on point. I tend to be a little perfectionistic - my least favorite quality - and so I end up dropping guidelines because I see or even sense there's something not quite perfect about them. But if I make sure to factor the "rough" part into my thinking everything changes for the better. It's like a rough draft to a story - filled to the brim with imperfections, but with a substance that might contain real life. That's how I'm viewing it now.
Jun 30, 2022 8:28 PM
ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚

Apr 2013
-Kokomi- said:
StarfireDragon said:

This is actually the specific point of issue for me. It's coincidental that you mentioned it, or your intuition is divinely on point. I tend to be a little perfectionistic - my least favorite quality - and so I end up dropping guidelines because I see or even sense there's something not quite perfect about them. But if I make sure to factor the "rough" part into my thinking everything changes for the better. It's like a rough draft to a story - filled to the brim with imperfections, but with a substance that might contain real life. That's how I'm viewing it now.

I used to over analyze everything to make sure things where perfect, so I definitely get where you are coming from. Still do sometimes. So yeah that is a very good way of looking at it if you are prone to that. It doesn't need to be gospel, just a basic skeleton to build your day on top of.

Jul 1, 2022 1:02 AM

Aug 2009
If only I was the girl who could leap though time...

Jul 24, 2022 6:56 PM
Dec 2017
Yeah, i rather focus on hobbies and personal interests as well as posting on threads that i find unique engaging and interesting to me than just focus on the negative side of things and just take things easy and relax. Hence why i'm not really active as i used to be these days as i just wanna relax have fun and take care of myself and thats it.

Jul 24, 2022 11:11 PM

Feb 2021
deg said:

well said lol

Now I don't feel so pathetic about spending a lot of time on the MAL forums

Jul 25, 2022 1:51 AM
Dec 2010
All of this will be solved if anyone manage to solve the degradation of the human bodies...
Jul 27, 2022 7:23 PM
Jul 2022
I just spend most of my time on the internet which probably isn't a wise way to use it.
Jul 27, 2022 8:04 PM

Jun 2008
Your most precious resource is time. However, just because it's finite does not necessarily mean we have to do everything in our power not to waste it.

After all, you have to define what you consider meaningful to you. Technically we don't really have any purpose so you can use your time however inefficiently.
So for example, if you consider having fun to be the most important value of you living, then in the eye of someone else they might see you wasting time while you're having a good time.
TachiiJul 27, 2022 8:21 PM
Jul 27, 2022 8:18 PM

May 2013
By expanding the scope and size of the present moment, time can be made less of a constricting influence.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jul 27, 2022 9:58 PM

Mar 2022
Tachii said:
Your most precious resource is time. However, just because it's finite does not necessarily mean we have to do everything in our power not to waste it.

After all, you have to define what you consider meaningful to you. Technically we don't really have any purpose so you can use your time however inefficiently.
So for example, if you consider having fun to be the most important value of you living, then in the eye of someone else they might see you wasting time while you're having a good time.
I couldnt agree more! PLS tell me youve seen this sci-fi movie... if not then i kinda recommend cause it had strong themes of time & reincarnation, etc.

Jul 27, 2022 10:09 PM

Dec 2021
zenviolet said:
๐—ง๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ป๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ณ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฒ, ๐˜€๐—ผ ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜†โ—
๐—ช๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜„ ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ฝ๐˜ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐˜๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฒโ“ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ถ๐˜๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜โ“

my view of time is that it is the most valuable commodity that we posses but it is also generally the most undervalued. It reminds me of a song called don't blink that talks about how when you blink your life flashes before you eyes " don't blink, just like that your six years old and take a nap and you wake up and your 25 and your high-school sweetheart becomes your wife" and it goes on saying how quickly life Flys by. It's beautiful and sad all at the same time , basically saying not to wish your life away..even during those small moments that we tend to take for granted like; holding your lover, kissing your child, watching that sunset or the stars, listening to your favorite song , playing basketball..I could go on and on .
๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿฅ€˜”*°•.˜”*°•๐“˜๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐”€๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐”€๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ป๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ต๐“ฎ, ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ ๐”€๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ต๐“ญ ๐“ฌ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ต๐”‚ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ... ๐“ช ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ญ๐”‚.•°*”˜•°*”˜๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿฅ€

Jul 28, 2022 9:58 AM

Dec 2015
My view on time is the same as the typical complain to a smoker "If you wouldn't smoke and save every money you've spent on cigarettes packages you would buy an expensive Porsche" [my typical answer to it usually is "Than where is your Porsche?"]

So the same for time, even if we don't waste it on something which majority of people would see useless such as let's say playing a video games, than most likely it will be wasted on something else. Thinking about spending time instead of spending it on anything is already a waste of time.
Jul 28, 2022 10:08 AM

Oct 2012
Someone telling me to use my time wisely always stresses me out. Like, is that a threat? What do they want me to do? What are THEY doing?
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Jul 28, 2022 10:12 AM

Mar 2022
Illuminatli said:
Someone telling me to use my time wisely always stresses me out. Like, is that a threat? What do they want me to do? What are THEY doing?
LMAOOOO๐Ÿ˜‚ this made me laugh so much just now!!

Zettaiken said:
My view on time is the same as the typical complain to a smoker "If you wouldn't smoke and save every money you've spent on cigarettes packages you would buy an expensive Porsche" [my typical answer to it usually is "Than where is your Porsche?"]

So the same for time, even if we don't waste it on something which majority of people would see useless such as let's say playing a video games, than most likely it will be wasted on something else. Thinking about spending time instead of spending it on anything is already a waste of time.
Ok I understand the smoking thing (& thts funny) BUT for time??? Maybe its not a "waste" of time if majority of ppl see it as "time-well-spent"?

Jul 28, 2022 10:14 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
All this talk about time reminds me of this song

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”»•» «•«โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”‘

๐ŸŽ–๏ธ mal badges
๐Ÿ  blog navigation
๐Ÿ† graph badges

โ”•โ”โ”โ”โ”»•» โ˜ ๏ธ «•«โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”™
Jul 28, 2022 10:45 AM

Dec 2015
zenviolet said:
Illuminatli said:
LMAOOOO๐Ÿ˜‚ this made me laugh so much just now!!

Zettaiken said:

Ok I understand the smoking thing (& thts funny) BUT for time??? Maybe its not a "waste" of time if majority of ppl see it as "time-well-spent"?

Well firstly we need to consider what are the stuff on which time is "wasted" and for which it isn't [and that's very subjective]. Gave here the example for video games, for alot of people this time is wasted, but for someone who earns money from twitch, youtube or esport suddenly it won't be wasted right? The same goes for others for example for myself, alot of people would say that going to play darts at evening is a wasted time but during this I am bonding with my buddies and meeting new people and doing some activity etc.
Jul 28, 2022 9:09 PM

Jun 2008
zenviolet said:
Tachii said:

I couldnt agree more! PLS tell me youve seen this sci-fi movie... if not then i kinda recommend cause it had strong themes of time & reincarnation, etc.

I have seen it, was pretty forgettable though lol

There's a film called "About Time" which is probably one of the more fitting films for finding meaning with time and what you can do with time.
Jul 29, 2022 4:34 AM

Jul 2019
Great advice. As if it has been given to millions.

Jul 29, 2022 4:35 AM

Feb 2013
I hope they build a time machine already.
Jul 29, 2022 4:49 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
"Time is non-refundable"

Sorry, but I refuse to submit to the laws of the Universe.

Jul 29, 2022 4:56 AM
Jul 2018
149597871 said:
"Time is non-refundable"

Sorry, but I refuse to submit to the laws of the Universe.

It’s time to show the sun who is boss!!

More topics from this board

» why is being idealistic always considered as a taboo in this world?

FruitPunchBaka - 48 minutes ago

1 by deg »»
27 minutes ago

» environment day

FruitPunchBaka - Today

13 by Daviljoe193 »»
2 hours ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

57 by pludel2 »»
3 hours ago

» Favorite facts about MyAnimeList forums

LenRea - 4 hours ago

1 by IpreferEcchi »»
3 hours ago

» Vaping

Rivermind - Oct 30, 2023

43 by LenRea »»
4 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.