Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 7, 2022 7:00 AM

Nov 2007
12 eps. total
https://kumichomusume.com/music-bd/bd-dvd/
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 7, 2022 7:14 AM

Nov 2010
Actually, being a slice-of-life show as an entertainment, it needs some exceptional conditions. It's the mafia lineage for this show, but it's a kind of cliche today. I wonder how the show will be differentiated from the others from now on.
Jul 7, 2022 7:26 AM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, I actually enjoyed this quite a bit seeing how different two of the main cast are - Tooru and Yaeka. The first episode pretty much introduces the premise of the series. Yaeka actually seems kinda shy and not very talkative for a kid her age. She seems like a sweet kid though. Tooru also seems like a decent guy.

Overall, I thought it was a charming episode. Very much looking forward to rest of the story and character development.
Jul 7, 2022 8:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Ah, man, this was just too heartwarming! I've been craving for a show like Hinamatsuri for a while and this seems like it'll fulfil that.

Yaeka's mother, I really hope she's alive. Op and the final few minutes pre-theme song of the episode suggested that the accident was really bad but hopefully she'll wake up eventually.

Sugihara - Tooru is a pretty fun combination too and the short moment when the Kumichou walked in was hilarious. Looking forward to more of this!

Lots of wonderful Yaeka-Tooru moments too. For some reason, I got teary-eyed a little during the school event scene.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 7, 2022 8:30 AM
Sep 2015
Could this be a gay yakuza anime I'm waiting for?

Can't believe this anime doesn't have Kenjiro Tsuda, though other voice actors are doing a fine job, not a complain, just my wishful thinking...

The first episode is trying to be heartwarming instantly, but it's too soon, considering that Yaeka has to be with Kirishima who smoke all the time. The anime trying to downplay that fact by only showing smoke, not the cigarrette, but that doesn't make it less concerning.

Judging from a cast full of hot yakuza, I think Yaeka role is just a mascot while men around her interact with each other, using her as an excuse, but not directly interact with her. So the next step would be revealing the tattoo of each member... yes I mean shirtless scene. Onsen would be a nice place for this.
Jul 7, 2022 8:35 AM

Jul 2017
This is easily the gangster version of last season's Deaimon, that's every bit as heartwarming.

The Demon of the Sakuragi Family, Kirishima Toru, I wished that he was voiced by Kenjirou Tsuda, the same way as Gokushufudou. But he being the person to take care of the Sakuragi Family head Kazuhiko's 7-year-old daughter Yaeka, and taking care of her will prove a level of difficulty for Kirishima. Whether it'd be rival gangsters trailing in his path, Kirishima finds ways to make clear of Yaeka's upbringing and raising her right a.k.a babysitting.

Together with her 33-year-old aunt Kanami, Yaeka's life as a growing-up kid is different in the family of the Yakuza. And her school's open house can feel very absent without her father around, so Kirishima being the replacement does induce some comedy that honestly, the lil' lady doesn't mind. But all that she wanted was affection from her father, and hopefully for Kirishima, he would become not a stranger, but also grow to be part of Yaeka's family as well, after her mother Mizuki was hospitalized of some sort.

A calm ride, this would be one.
KANLen09Jul 7, 2022 9:00 AM
Jul 7, 2022 9:05 AM

Sep 2021
The ED start reminds me a lot to Bungou Stray Dogs ED 3 Lily start
Jul 7, 2022 9:05 AM

Dec 2020
Tbh i really enjoy the first episode of this anime and yeah so kirishima was such a good father figure haha.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 7, 2022 9:09 AM

May 2021
Great episode! OP is very nice. Tooru was asked to take care of his Yakuza's boss little daughter Yaeka.
He gets followed walking her to school.
He plays red light green light with Yaeka so that he can deal with them.
Tooru turned up to Yaeka's event when she was about to cry xD.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 7, 2022 9:13 AM

Mar 2010
i wonder if the mom passed away :( dad seems too busy to look after her. Very cute start to the show!
Jul 7, 2022 9:17 AM
May 2021
Really wholesome and somewhat funny start 😂😂. Will continue this
Jul 7, 2022 9:23 AM

Mar 2021
Wholesome first episode looks like it will be a great series to watch
Jul 7, 2022 9:23 AM
Oct 2016
Super adorable premiere for this show. Its a formula we've seen before and honestly there's been an up tick in this style of anime recently but I'm already liking this one. Stories where an unlikely person has to look after a small adorable child. Shows like that get me a lot, I'm A sucker for stuff like that. Somali and the Forest Spirit and Kotaro Lives Alone are two shining examples of great shows in this niche. This here looks to be following in those footsteps very well. Right away I love the duo of Kirishima and Yaeka. Kirishima a rough and tough yakuza enforcer with the sweet and adorable Yaeka, it works so well immediately. It does seem odd for Kirishima to be taking care of Yaeka without there being any extenuating circumstances behind it. Just the fact that Kirishima needs structure and responsibility in his life so the boss says look after my daughter. I like how it's something simple as Kirishima needs to mature and not something dire like the boss is in bad health or there's a gang war or something horrible. Kirishima just needs to mature that's it, a simple enough reason to bring them together. This first episode even had me tearing up when Yaeka thought she'd be alone while her classmates had their parents there. Kirishima to the rescue was so sweet. His make believe game of red light green light to hid the goons following them was also sweet. We can already tell Kirishima cares a lot for Yaeka and she seems to be opening up to him.
Jul 7, 2022 9:32 AM

Mar 2018
I already love this show, I've always been a sucker for the SoLs that deal with new families and bonds. Last season it was Deaimon, now it's this.

Cannot wait for more, this put me in a great mood.
Jul 7, 2022 9:39 AM
Jan 2020
And our fujo-bait of the season with so called Yakuza's looking like KPOP members by none other than Studio Gainax
Jul 7, 2022 10:11 AM

Mar 2012
Loved the first episode looks like this is going be one wholesome anime. I wonder what happened to her mother though, hope she survives. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 7, 2022 10:13 AM

Jun 2020
SUGIHARA LOL THE QTEST

love the voice cast, i will watch no matter what, kaito and hosoya yoshimasa♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ also the OP visuals did a great job showing the yakuza ikemen eyecandy, i am looking forward♡

yaeka saying "my daddy's more handsome" yes yaeka.....DAMN RIGHT

yaeka is sooo cute, and i want her daddy to give me a headpat too

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 7, 2022 10:21 AM

Apr 2010
This was kinda cute, the main was surprisingly accepting to taking care of Yaeka which made it even better.
It does seem like he will face some struggles tho and i am interested in how he will solve them.

Anyway i hope things continue like this.
Jul 7, 2022 10:24 AM
Nov 2019
It’s giving me good vibes from past series like
Hinamatsuri which never got a second season… yakuza henchman takes care of a girl from the future .

The story is completely different but the vibes are good haha
Jul 7, 2022 10:28 AM

Jun 2021
Really looking forward to seeing how Kirishima and Yaeka’s relationship develops throughout the course of the season. The kid definitely has a lot going on in her life. I imagine that was the mom in a coma at the end there? And judging by the OP, she was in an accident (maybe an attempted hit?). Plus, the dad being who he is probably means he can’t spend a lot of time with her doing normal father daughter things. Her aunt seems to be the only one she opens up to somewhat, but she’s quite busy. Poor kid kind of lives a very lonely existence. No surprise she seems very withdrawn.

I like Kirishima. He’s pretty badass, I enjoyed the part where he literally beat the pants off that one guy lol. He seems very nonchalant and detached, but he does have a seemingly caring side. Taking care of Yaeka is gonna help bring that side out more. I imagine there’s more to him than meets the eye.

All in all, a strong first episode. This one’s going on my weekly list.
Jul 7, 2022 10:33 AM

Feb 2019
Yea I can tell this’ll be my Deaimon of the season. Love a good wholesome Slice of Life with a dude developing father like qualities.

Really cute first episode. Yaeka’s face when Kirishima showed up at school was the sweetest thing ever. Looking forward to seeing how their relationship develops and how it affects Kirishima. Art is also really beautiful. ED and OP are great as well.
Jul 7, 2022 10:45 AM
Dec 2021
Great anime. The mc is very hot.
Jul 7, 2022 11:03 AM

Dec 2019
This was so freaking cute was a very good start
Jul 7, 2022 11:11 AM

Nov 2014
I was hoping for a little more Yakuza and a little less babysitting, or at least for it to be done in a funny way, but nothing in this episode was funny and the supposed Yakuza look like kpop idols. I might give this another episode to hook me but this show is not nearly as good as Deaimon, and that was a hard 7 from me so I'm thinking about passing on this. Anyways a lot of words to say meh, I'm disappointed. Although I should probably have expected this from the character designs.
Quality Queen.
Jul 7, 2022 11:56 AM
Jan 2018
So if that’s her mother in a coma at the end whos the lady who raised her ? Aunt ?
Jul 7, 2022 12:00 PM

Oct 2014
Genres : Comedy, Slice of Life
Themes: Childcare, Organized Crime

YES, This anime is so criminally cute and wholesome.
Jul 7, 2022 12:23 PM
Oct 2010
This show is all about crime... it's gonna murder me with comedy and cute. Argh.

I'll just shy away from the source material just in case. Don't need another Usagi Drop-style scar.
TarrianJul 7, 2022 4:59 PM
Jul 7, 2022 12:25 PM

Apr 2018
Guilty pleasure? More like wholesome pleasure. This will be one hell of a wholesome and hilarious ride. Kirishima's the dude who can do everything and be the most badass character. Theny you have Yaeka, who's the most adorable character. A perfect balance between cuteness and badass. The greenlight, redlight in the beginning got me rolling on the ground. The rest of the episode was pretty wholesome and it was nice to see Yaeka open up herself. But, it's not just babysitting. Seems like there's some bad people after him.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 7, 2022 12:32 PM
Apr 2016
meh, it was really not an interesting episode. I don t see what is the point of this anime.
Jul 7, 2022 12:43 PM
Nov 2020
This was so nice! It seems a very heartwarming series :) I thing Hosoya-san's voice perfectly fits the character, he is so talented and he also has a beautiful voice! Looking forward to the next episode ☺️
Jul 7, 2022 1:15 PM
Mar 2021
Not gonna lie, this looks promising!
Jul 7, 2022 1:16 PM

Feb 2019
You can certainly make a fish out of water comedy where somebody ostensibly very serious and dangerous is put in charge of childrens' upbringing, be it Onizuka or Kindergarten Cop, but this ain't really it. If you instead changed them to all be tailors instead of organized crime, you wouldn't even need fifteen minutes for the rewrites, and even less time to just cut out the thirty or so seconds of the animation. It's not even engaging in its own premise, let alone justifying it. There's one passable sight gag of the dude doing a flying tackle across the entire episode. The rest is just "adult looks awkward about dealing with child." It's thin gruel for comedy.
Jul 7, 2022 1:31 PM

Apr 2020
I don't know about this one yet. There wasn't much complication regarding Kirishima's assignment as a baby-sitter, and there's an immediate bond between the characters so, nothing much to be intrigued about except for the story of Sakuragi's wife.
For now, it's looking like the point of the story will focus more on the badass knight-in-shining-armor things Kirishima will do to protect Yaeka.
-+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+-
Jul 7, 2022 2:01 PM

Aug 2020
This is so cute. I'm grateful I chose it in this season. So Kirishima, the tough guy, can also be a cool and gentle. Yaeka was shy at first, but they became friends now. I really hope her parents will find the time to give more attention to her.
The Opening and Ending are very good, chilling.

Let's wait for more infos.

Jul 7, 2022 2:03 PM

Mar 2020
This is nice and funny show this summer! The animation looks great. Character looks great too. Yaeka-chan is adorable. And Kirishima-kun is a good one cool character. Hosoya-san just really nails it!

The OP visuals and song is great! The ED is nice too.
Zorosuke_Jul 8, 2022 1:14 AM
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jul 7, 2022 2:27 PM

Mar 2018
Is everyone glossing over how sad this show is? Or am I reading into this more than I should be?
Jul 7, 2022 2:28 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Another slice of life comedy involving the Yakuza similar to The Way of The Househusband except this time you have a Yakuza guy Kirishima who is tasked with taking care of the boss's daughter so he can learn how to show some restraint. It's going to be interesting to see him balance out being the babysitter and gangster at the same time with people from rival gangs targeting him.
Jul 7, 2022 2:53 PM
Jun 2019
A pretty cute and wholesome show. The first episode gives you everything you can expect: cute wholesome with Kirishima hanging out with the Little Lady, some fights here and there, likely to protect the Little Lady, some chuckles here, and there, and the beating up of the final boss in the lab coat. Unless I'm wrong.

Cute

iS tHat a JoJo's rEfEreNCe?
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 7, 2022 3:14 PM

Dec 2020
heartwarming sols with "family" themes are always damn welcome for me

that was a pretty good first ep!! still so happy this got an adaptation, they're doing it well.

i dont remember who post credit guy is but i have a feeling hes not a bad person and i hope thats true
Jul 7, 2022 3:30 PM

Dec 2013
This was pretty sweet, plots like this are always fun and touching, it is actually kinda weird for me that they decided not to have the usual Father x Daughter relationship so I wonder what's the endgame, I don't mean like Kirishima and Yaeka dating but if maybe he becomes her actual uncle marrying Kanami or if something happens to the boss and he adopts her. It is also quite nice how her dad really loves her but he is just unable to spend that much time with her and not the usual completely neglected child.
Jul 7, 2022 3:47 PM

Aug 2020
I like the story, episode 1 was decent enough.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 7, 2022 4:03 PM
Jul 2020
I really love the personality of the protagonist, it felt really refreshing
Jul 7, 2022 4:06 PM
Aug 2015
It's definitely good, it excels in what it's trying to do, but the pacing makes me wonder if they're just purposefully streching it out. It feels really slow, but I just can't wrap my head around on why they made it as slow as this. There's probably going to be a lot of sad moments later on, but I still can't justify it having such a slow pacing.
Jul 7, 2022 4:08 PM
Aug 2015
CuteChaff3503 said:
Is everyone glossing over how sad this show is? Or am I reading into this more than I should be?
Judging from the atmosphere they're setting, with the music and the super slow pacing, imo it's highly possible.
Jul 7, 2022 5:22 PM
Dec 2017
So this is basically an inferior carbon copy of Hinamatsuri. Don't expect that it will touch any more emotional and interesting topics, Hinamatsuri did so well, but let's see if it gets boring, or will be at least mildly enjoyable.
Jul 7, 2022 5:26 PM

May 2021
First we had a spy forced to play a father and now we have a yakuza babysitting. Won't mind if it becomes a trend.

That said, the execution of this particular anime was weak, even if I like the premise. They developed a bond too quickly, much more than what I expected from such a person; the comedy and moe is thin and the directing is poor. Replace the yakuza with some other profession and it wouldn't make much of a difference. Essentially, not enough aggression for a yakuza which makes the moments with the little girl feel hollow, since the lil' girl certainly ain't carrying it, unfortunately.

Jul 7, 2022 5:28 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was pure fluff, and I’m fluffing here for it lol. I already adore the relationship between Yaeka and Kirishima, it didn’t take long at all for the two of them to get incredibly wholesome together, I especially loved when he visited her at the open house.

Yaeka herself is as cute as a button, she also does some funny expressions lol, love when she called Kirishima a liar, and Kirishima is also really likable imo, he may be a cold hearted yakuza but Yaeka reveals the wholesome side and I love it. I also enjoyed the side characters like the aunt and Sugihara.

And I really liked that OP and ED, the ED had especially nice visuals, great jams too. This is gonna be a very nice replacement for Baby Ghost from last season as a wholesome/cuteness fill (mainly because it’s also on Thursday lol, since this is more comparable to Deaimon), and also replaces Spy x Family a little bit lol. Very much looking forward to this.
TheColonel76Jul 7, 2022 5:35 PM
Jul 7, 2022 6:19 PM

Feb 2017
love love love this. im slowly realizing my newfound interest in shows focusing on a father/daughter kind of relationship.

placeholder text
Jul 7, 2022 6:23 PM

Sep 2019
Enjoyed the season opener. Looking forward to the series.
Jul 7, 2022 7:54 PM
Aug 2019
This was incredibly cute and also really comfy to watch, kinda unexpected for an anime about a Yakuza family lol. Definitely one of my favorites of the season!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumichou Musume to Sewagakari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2022

93 by Epiroogu »»
Mar 9, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Kumichou Musume to Sewagakari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2022

119 by Lightskynight »»
Feb 20, 12:08 PM

» Any Hopes For Season 2?

Penguatix - Sep 22, 2022

11 by Sherlock_Friegen »»
Feb 9, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Kumichou Musume to Sewagakari Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2022

36 by LazyLoops »»
Oct 19, 2023 11:25 AM

Poll: » Kumichou Musume to Sewagakari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

63 by st4rcandy »»
Oct 4, 2023 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.