Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 16, 2013 2:58 PM

Mar 2012
Next ep, or the ep after that, shit gonna go down

I really dislike how in this ep, they make Lyon look like shit, in the manga none of them got KO'd or Lyon got thrashed, it was a draw.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Mar 16, 2013 3:40 PM

May 2012
somehow didnt like the fight of kagura,lyon etc at all. Still nice to see the clash of dragons
Mar 16, 2013 4:07 PM
Dec 2012
Lol I love the Elfman x Evergreen part in the beginning where Ever is laying down next to Elfman in the infirmary
Mar 16, 2013 5:10 PM

Nov 2012
I waited so, so long for this fight, I was looking forward for months o.O
I hope they will extend the battle and make a proper end for ep 175.
Mar 16, 2013 6:13 PM

Sep 2012
I just wonder what Lucy said to Natsu ♥ ♥ ♥
I wished she have said her feelings to him, but as Natsu just said "yes", I think she said won't lose or I want talk with you later.
Mar 16, 2013 6:25 PM

Jan 2013
Well this is not exactly a spoiler, but more of, what I think will happen, it might still be spoiler. I didn't read the manga.
I repeat it might be spoiler for some. While it's actually my point of view concerning this competition of the strongest wizard guild and the last episodes so far only taking what was already told us so far in the anime. I just put it together, which for some might be a spoiler.
Mar 16, 2013 6:34 PM

Jul 2010
They should of called this episode Mermaid Heel vs Lamia Scale. My only complaint.
Moving on the episode was really funny . Milillianna acting like a cat.
Kagura overpowering but cool,got to se Kagura more, I like fillers then the episode is too short.
I still wonder what the hell did Lucy say to Natsu" that she believes in him?" Ahhhhh I want to be nosy. Lucy what did you say?????( love that it kinda didn't go as the manga they show more NaLu)
30 sec or 2min dragon slayer fight got me up my seat.the next episode should of been called the battle of the dragon slayers.
Cool showing the powers,loving ( white and shadow drive)
Mar 16, 2013 6:48 PM

Sep 2012
My theory what will happens:
Mar 16, 2013 7:24 PM

Mar 2011
IchigoHollowfi said:

WHAT THE HECK DID LUCY SAY TO NATSU?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >___<
I"M DYING TO KNOW!!!! D:D:D:D:
NALU????!!!!!!!!! >.<

I don't read the manga but I'm 93.452% sure thanks to my superior anime lip reading skillzzz, she said "Natsu I love you so much lets get married after the battle and have kids" lol
Mar 16, 2013 7:40 PM

Apr 2008
ao_no_exo said:
Well this is not exactly a spoiler, but more of, what I think will happen, it might still be spoiler. I didn't read the manga.
I repeat it might be spoiler for some. While it's actually my point of view concerning this competition of the strongest wizard guild and the last episodes so far only taking what was already told us so far in the anime. I just put it together, which for some might be a spoiler.

Nope. The DS fight will be the last fight most likely and it will end with the to be continued splash page from the manga
Mar 16, 2013 7:44 PM

Jul 2011
Malleta said:
what lucy said??

Probably something stupid like "you have to win".
Mar 16, 2013 8:02 PM

Mar 2008
ainky said:
Malleta said:
what lucy said??

I'm pretty sure Lucy said "It's just not going to work out between us Natsu" :D

NaLu shippers, come at me!
Mar 16, 2013 8:04 PM

Apr 2008
razisgosu said:
ainky said:
Malleta said:
what lucy said??

not gonna bother. We'll just bombard you with our high tier battleships. Cause this ship is unsinkable.
Mar 16, 2013 10:24 PM

Jan 2011
Well, Natsu apparently did hear what Lucy said, so it wasn't " i love you" or anything like that, because usually the viewer can her that, but not the one it is meant for. So it was more along the lines of him winning the battle.

Also, the moment the title appeared i knew we'd see where little (if anything at all) of the FT vs ST battle. The last episodes already employed the same tactics.

And i absolutely loved the opening by Fairy Tail. The moment ST was ready to go, full of confidence, "let's go", Natsu and Gajeel shoved them their fist into the face. And later Natsu abusing Rogue as ram, clashing their heads..

Guess with that drive thingy Sting and Rogue activated, the battle will turn around for a while, until Natsu remembers he wanted to win this.

And Natsu wanting to clean up the remaining dark-haired duo..smooth move.
Mar 17, 2013 12:20 AM
Oct 2008
So they remove most of the DS fight to show some stupid Miliana Gag thank god only two episodes left
Mar 17, 2013 1:22 AM

Jul 2011
hmm I wonder what Lucy said to Natsu. :D

and the fight was just getting good darn it. 2 more eps, noooo!
Mar 17, 2013 2:03 AM

Nov 2011
it was a good ep but as someoe already said Kagura was a bit overpowered compared to the manga cuz it really got only a a single page if i remember correctly and it was a draw with all 4 of them still standing ... anyway Juvia was epic again xD
razisgosu said:
ainky said:
Malleta said:
what lucy said??

haha nice try bro nice try :D
Mar 17, 2013 4:52 AM

Apr 2011
The fight between LS vs MH was good but I felt it lacked something xD

The begining of the DS fight wasn't so epic as in the manga and the animation not so good.

2 more episodes.
Mar 17, 2013 9:43 AM

Jul 2012
I like NaLu but I hated this moment! It wasn't even there in the manga and they did it just to tease us... They should have at least told us what they said...
Also the battle of lamia scale and mermaid heel was just refaired as a draw..
So this episode was pretty much a filler!
Are they trolling us???
I'm changing the score from 9 to 7
Mai_sanMar 17, 2013 11:59 AM
I hate the word “fate.” Birth, encounters, partings, success and failures, fortune and misfortunes in life. If our lives are already set in stone by fate, then why are we even born? There are those born to wealthy families, those born to beautiful mothers, and those born into the middle of war or poverty. If that’s all caused by fate, then God is incredibly unfair and cruel. Because, ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing was that we wouldn’t amount to anything. - Takakura Shouma
Mar 17, 2013 10:48 AM

Oct 2011
Personally I found the muted words kinda ill-fitting for the actual scene.
Yeah, Lucy probably more or less said "Good luck" "You have to win" "I'm counting on you" etc.
For her though, this meant a lot, as it would for any girl with feelings for a guy. There was the blush, and serene overconfidence that her words reached him and meant a lot to him as well.
Natsu heard her words, but flashed a knowing grin and went on about his day. Not saying he doesn't have feelings, but they're just not fully realized yet.

It's whatever though lol. I wasn't originally on the NaLu ship but it's not like we've gotten loads of Natsu with Lisana and I was crazy for my crack of Loke with Lucy so eh. Guess I should load my SN into the NaLu canon.

Juvia's decision to not want her guild members hurt over her chances to be with Gray was a big thing in her mental conflict of love and loyalty. Proud of her. x:
(She just needs to realize how Lyon treats her she treats Gray and that it pushes him away.)

The fight was meh. Cute at times, but meh. They kinda just showed Lyon looking like shit when he rivals Gray. Then again, I never played Gray with the ranking of Natsu, Erza, etc. anyways. Not yet at least. Even so to make Lyon look that "bleh" against Kagura..

Lastly. they're making Kagura look so strong, but they're making her opponents look all the weaker so it's hard to place her level. I'm so loyal to Erza I'd hate to say she's equally strong, but this will all come to light soon enough. I can wait rather than speculate.

Still love how there's females who are JUST that strong in the series. I can appreciate it. c:

Mar 17, 2013 11:54 AM
Apr 2010
Oh well, guess it is over for Lisanna and Juvia to be really shown until the end of the anime... at least my fav character, Gajeel, still has his time to shine, even though i'm pretty sure all attention will be on Natsu.

I didn't really like the NaLu moment. First, i'm 100% Natsu x Lisanna. Second, the fact that it wasn't in the manga made me feel like it wasn't necessary and they really just put it so that the fans have something to discuss about... some kind of random mystery thing.

I'll be waiting for next ep, rooting all the way for Gajeel!
Mar 17, 2013 12:20 PM

Oct 2012
Noooo , it stopped at the best part of the episode i wanted to see the 4 dragons go head to head... can't wait to see what happens next ep

Mar 17, 2013 12:20 PM

Apr 2008
Spark-Star said:
Oh well, guess it is over for Lisanna and Juvia to be really shown until the end of the anime... at least my fav character, Gajeel, still has his time to shine, even though i'm pretty sure all attention will be on Natsu.

I didn't really like the NaLu moment. First, i'm 100% Natsu x Lisanna. Second, the fact that it wasn't in the manga made me feel like it wasn't necessary and they really just put it so that the fans have something to discuss about... some kind of random mystery thing.

As a manga reader then you should know how Nali has nothing going for it in the manga except for that childhood history. Oh wait not even that. Most of it was actually never in the manga to begin with so either we're reading a different manga or you are considering those filler scenes in the anime as canon while dismissing this Nalu moment that happened his episode.
Mar 17, 2013 4:48 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, Lyon, you disappoint me :( Best you can do is make 3 stuffed animals out of ice?!
Can't wait for the fight between Natsu and the other ones! I had to read ahead in the manga because I couldnt wait for the anime anymore
Mar 17, 2013 6:29 PM

Nov 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Spark-Star said:

As a manga reader then you should know how Nali has nothing going for it in the manga except for that childhood history. Oh wait not even that. Most of it was actually never in the manga to begin with so either we're reading a different manga or you are considering those filler scenes in the anime as canon while dismissing this Nalu moment that happened his episode.

^That's right, and even in Edolas there was Nalu despite the fact that Lisana was there the whole time well not the EdoLisana but still and tbh sry if i hurt someone's feelings by saying that Lisana is like another Mirajane with short hair and nothing more ... well Mira is S-class so she is awesome.
Mar 17, 2013 9:00 PM
Aug 2011
Juvia is still irritating but Miliana is so fucking annoying and her attacks are stupid as hell.
GTFO you tits and ass character who can't do shit. You're a dime a dozen.

Looking forward for the next episode though.
Mar 17, 2013 11:50 PM

Apr 2009
Thats some power Kagura has.lol. Lyon is lucky. Next episode looks awesome. Its almost torture waiting for it.

Darklight0303 said:
razisgosu said:
ainky said:
Malleta said:
what lucy said??

not gonna bother. We'll just bombard you with our high tier battleships. Cause this ship is unsinkable.

lol

DreddMar 17, 2013 11:55 PM
Mar 18, 2013 1:18 AM

Apr 2011
I must admire the last minute was pretty tits.
Mar 18, 2013 1:52 AM

Dec 2011
pillsbury15 said:
So they remove most of the DS fight to show some stupid Miliana Gag thank god only two episodes left

Yeah that Milliana bullshit was a waste of time.

Dredd said:
Thats some power Kagura has.lol. Lyon is lucky. Next episode looks awesome. Its almost torture waiting for it.

Darklight0303 said:
razisgosu said:
ainky said:
Malleta said:
what lucy said??

lol

Haha all this.

But uhm... She's not self centered. I have a friend who hates Lucy and my friend thought she said "You have to win for me" or something like that.

What I think she said was something like "Do your best" or "I'll be waiting here for you. Please come back safe."

That's sounds more like what Lucy would say.
Mar 18, 2013 2:14 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
well this was interesting ep :D Cant wait for next one
Mar 18, 2013 4:36 AM

May 2010
I bet that Lucy said "I am glad to be a part of this guild so u have to win for sure" or something like that..

Anyway,Kagura is really strong but still Erza is the strongest for sure:)
TragicRomanceMar 18, 2013 4:42 AM
Mar 18, 2013 6:09 AM

Jul 2011
ahmed_great2005 said:
I bet that Lucy said "I am glad to be a part of this guild so u have to win for sure" or something like that..

something like "I will let you fuck me if you win" sure not
Mar 18, 2013 10:30 AM

Oct 2009
amichaaan said:
Theusis3 said:

Laxus has been and always will be stronger than Erza even with her

Remember the Battle for the Strongest of Fairy Tail Arc. Laxus could have wiped out the entire guild by himself excluding a healthy Makarov/Gildartz. In this tournament Jura is considered the strongest, Laxus is probably second, while Kagura/Minerva/Erza/Gajeel/Natsu are a level below these guys and then the others.

Says who?

Just my own opinion, nothing solid. Just my thoughts after reading the manga and watching the anime.
The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.
Mar 18, 2013 11:57 AM

Nov 2012
NaLu action! Gray and Erza getting psyched! Kagura was amazing! Felt a bit bad for Millianna and Lyon! And ooh, the dragon slayer battle!
Mar 18, 2013 2:14 PM

Jan 2013
Darklight0303 said:
ao_no_exo said:

Nope. The DS fight will be the last fight most likely and it will end with the to be continued splash page from the manga

Yeah but it might still start it like a preview, we shall see. Anyways what I mostly want to see besides the DS fight now is Erza vs Minerva. :D Make Minerva suffer..
Mar 18, 2013 4:12 PM

Apr 2008
That's what you get when they let the producers have their way... Ice make Mouse o_O And kotatsu, so effing lame.
Wtf's up with Miriana's magic ''cat TUBES'' anyway, worst power I've seen in any anime EVER,

and already expected title with that it would make no sense , just 30 seconds... srsly anime staff, srsly
Mar 19, 2013 1:37 AM
Jan 2011
By the way if anyone is interested in the OSTs, Mashima has already got a hand on OST vol 4, this means that it is coming out very soon:
Mar 19, 2013 1:53 AM

Apr 2008
Talukita said:
By the way if anyone is interested in the OSTs, Mashima has already got a hand on OST vol 4, this means that it is coming out very soon:

It comes out tomorrow to be precise

Edit: IT IS OUT AND ON YT ALREADY. IT IS GLORIOUS!
Darklight0303Mar 20, 2013 6:36 AM
Mar 20, 2013 12:57 PM

Apr 2011
Darklight0303 said:

It comes out tomorrow to be precise

Edit: IT IS OUT AND ON YT ALREADY. IT IS GLORIOUS!

Ikr? The FT OST is always Glorious and Awesome!!!
Mar 23, 2013 1:34 AM

Dec 2007
Theusis3 said:
amichaaan said:
Theusis3 said:

Laxus has been and always will be stronger than Erza even with her

Remember the Battle for the Strongest of Fairy Tail Arc. Laxus could have wiped out the entire guild by himself excluding a healthy Makarov/Gildartz. In this tournament Jura is considered the strongest, Laxus is probably second, while Kagura/Minerva/Erza/Gajeel/Natsu are a level below these guys and then the others.

Says who?

Just my own opinion, nothing solid. Just my thoughts after reading the manga and watching the anime.

Man that manga fight between Laxus and Natsu must have gone COMPLETELY different. I mean, not that Natsu was curbstomping but he held his own well enough that I'm pretty sure with back-up from a full-powered Erza and maybe Gajeel Laxus would get trashed.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Mar 30, 2013 1:19 AM

Oct 2011
_Megatron_ said:
IchigoHollowfi said:

WHAT THE HECK DID LUCY SAY TO NATSU?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >___<
I"M DYING TO KNOW!!!! D:D:D:D:
NALU????!!!!!!!!! >.<

I don't read the manga but I'm 93.452% sure thanks to my superior anime lip reading skillzzz, she said "Natsu I love you so much lets get married after the battle and have kids" lol

Of course, and have lots of celestial dragon slayers. ^^
Apr 15, 2013 5:26 AM

Jul 2009
Lyon was made to look really weak in this episode.
Jun 3, 2013 12:11 AM

Oct 2012
Lol cat always chasing mouse naturally
And where's that kotatsu come from?

Now let us begin the Dragon Slayer's tag team, can't wait for it's awesomeness *_*
"Signature removed"
Jun 11, 2013 7:38 PM

Sep 2011
ITS TIME!
Jul 23, 2013 1:52 PM

May 2012
Oh boy the following battle will sure be intense so lets see what happens next but knowing there are only 2 episodes left I really wonder how they'll finish this first season!
Aug 5, 2013 1:10 AM

Apr 2009
Zell182 said:
Lyon was made to look really weak in this episode.

I don't read the manga but I agree, his ice magic might as well have been pyrotechnics. X(

Awesome opening by Natsu and Gajeel, they already closed the distance between their opponents when they've seen their incoming light speed punches. ^_^
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 8, 2013 3:59 AM

Dec 2012
The first fight was kinda so-so, but it was still cool seeing Kagura in action. I really want to see her vs Jellal or Erza.

The final battle has started, damn Natsu really went to town on them at the start. Seems there's more to the games than meets the eye though, I wonder what role the dragons are planning to play.
Feb 26, 2014 4:11 AM

Jun 2013
I love how Kagura defeated Lyon so easily. She only appeared like 3 episodes ago but she's already one of my favorite characters.
Mar 19, 2014 4:13 PM

Oct 2013
Only 2 episodes left, it's time for the final battle.

Mar 22, 2014 7:26 PM

Jan 2013
Juvia ahhaa poor Juvia she need to decide Gray or Lyon (but we all know that she loves Gray) xD
Kagura is so damn strong.
Now i'm so curious what did Lucy said to Natsu?Did she said that she loves him?oww it would be awesome... :D
Natsu & Gajeel nice start but it's not the end!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 169 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

104 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 19, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 168 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2013

106 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 19, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

187 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 19, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 162 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2012

86 by schmeep »»
Jun 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 175 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FireBallsDJ - Mar 29, 2013

394 by IzanaSolos »»
Jun 15, 1:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.